Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Strings of Fate

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 
    Lineage : Wrath of an Ex Husband
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Strings of Fate Empty Strings of Fate

Post by Cecile 17th April 2015, 12:17 pm

Even though the Phoenix Mountains were a vast and large mountain range, it was still the home of one of the proudest guilds in Fiore. Namely Eclipse Soul. A guild that along with Fairy Tail and others was considered one of the most famous. A guild, that despite its place in the legal system, was balancing on the scale of good and bad.

Knowing all this, Harrigan made sure to approach the mountain range as far from the guild and its city as possible. Not because he would scare away from a fight, but mostly because he wanted to conduct his business undisturbed. And having a legal guild breathing down his neck, would conflict with that purpose.

So you could say that Harrigan was actually a bit surprised, when his and his men path crossed with that of a young girl. A girl who according to Harrigans plan shouldn't be in their way at all. Especially since their little expedition was entirely off roads, a long and tiring hike through one of the toughest environments in Fiore.

What was even more interesting, was that the girl appeared to be share a similar trait with that of Harrigan and some of the dark robed men behind him. Namely that very latent power that rested in  all of the mages, the ability to use magic and define it in some way.

By nodding to his lieutenant, he signaled that the group had to come to take caution of what was in front of them. Which was relayed to the rest by a couple of hand gestures.

However Harrigan took a different approach, while his companions slowly dropped their gear and kept their eyes pierced on the strange woman. He would walk up to the girl, and ask a single yet obvious question.

'Tell me, how is it possible that a young girl like yourself, is out here all alone. In what could be considered one of the roughest regions in the country?'
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Experience : 1475

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Maid of Time
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Strings of Fate Empty Re: Strings of Fate

Post by Lekuna 17th April 2015, 1:54 pm

Lekuna saw the extremely dashing man approach her as she was training in the Phoenix Mountains, a place where there was plenty of magical energy in the atmosphere to work with. Specifically, she was training in the ways of what she would best describe as "time shenanigans", where Lekuna would essentially mess around and bring alternate versions of herself to this universe as long as she could bear. That was when the men approached, and they didn't seem like the friendliest individuals in Earthland; but then again, neither did Lekuna. Before he could approach her to the most of his abilities without invading her personal space, she removed her hammer from the pocket and it appeared in her hand in an instant.

Upon closer inspection, she came to a bit of a shocking realization, which caused her to gasp right before the dark stranger before her began to speak. Is this what he looked like in his youth? Harrigan? she thought, beginning to realize that this was not a man she could fight. From the stories she had heard, Harrigan was a bad, bad man, but it was never explained to her why. Lekuna knew well enough not to believe everything she heard, as it was all filtered through somebody's emotions, but she would take caution in the fact that he was leading a band of miscreants. "Same reason that a dashing middle aged man would, leading his band of merry men" she responded, looking the dark mage straight in the eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs Completed

D-Rank: 6
    C-Rank: 2
    B-Rank: 2

Total Experience: 1237.5/7500

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 28th April 2015, 7:32 am

'Dashing huh... well that is certainly a refreshing way to describe me'

A smirk appeared on Harrigans face, realizing that this girl had the guts to look him straight in the eye. Even when it was more then obvious that she had realized that he, and his merry band of savages were definitely more then some regular adventures that loved the great outdoors. Harrigan guessed that their appearances were to blame for it, and off course their rather isolated location. I mean why else would a gentleman who didn't seem to have broke a sweat at all, even though he had been hiking for hours in what could be considered one the most inhabitable places in Fiore. Be here.

'Well then, if so, you know very well that even engaging in conversation with me could possibly be a dangerous endeavor right.'

Harrigan observed the girl as he spoke, directly gazing back into her eyes. From which he could easily conclude that the girl was rather keen, perceptive even. And she definitely possessed something enigmatic about her. Harrigan was even sure, that she possessed some kind of raw kind strength, besides what ever magic she possessed. How else could a lonesome girl be all the way out here. Miles and miles away from the nearest town. All together made the girl rather interesting.

'Anyway, my men do need a breather after hiking through this terrain. So if you don't mind, they are going to take a small break. But don't worry, you can just carry on with whatever you were doing. I assure that they won't bother you...unless provoked that is'

Even if she actually did mind, which she probably did. It was already to late to even obstruct to the fact that they were going to take a break. As the soldiers already started to settle down and unpack whatever food they have. Well not all of them, as protocol demanded four men of the group moved to four separate points in the area. Places where they could easily scan their surroundings on any strange activity. But as well keep an eye out on the girl, for if she were to escape. Which to her was probably more then obvious.
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 28th April 2015, 5:12 pm

It would have been fine and dandy if the man had just left it off at assuring Lekuna that they wouldn't bother her, but he didn't. He made it a point in telling her that they would attack if provoked. Of course, that could go for anyone and was practically assumed in any social situation, but it was almost as if the stranger went out of his way to emphasize that. "Of course. Though that could be said about any situation. I think it's best if you don't tell me who you are, but I'm Lekuna" she said, quite suspicious of the dashing gentleman before her with his group of necromancer-like hikers.

The situation was made a little less threatening when they all sat down to have a little picnic. It was a bit cute, even, though she would never verbally acknowledge that small opinion of hers. I think the time I've been spending with Venir is finally getting to me... the time mage thought idly while continuing to look at the man. He's not shy, that's for sure. He has determination in his eyes, like he is going to get something done, and his group kinda supports that I suppose... she continued, decided on weather or not this man was enough of a danger to her to force her to flee.

She didn't think so, despite all of these people sitting down and unpacking their lunches, dressed threatening cloaks of doom. What Lekuna thought was odd is the fact that a hundful of men didn't stop to sit and unpack, they instead moved to different points around she and the man, unlike what she'd expect of regular mages. "You've trained your men well" she commented, assuming he was the leader as he was the only one that seemed any different from the others as well as gave out the orders. The last time I saw people setting up in a square formation like this was those Bosco peacekeepers. Could they be from there too? "You wouldn't be from Bosco, would you? You don't look like the type, but there are other reasons I'd think so"

After asking her question, Lekuna would summon another version of herself. An alternate version from a split in time not too far off from this one in an attempt to practice her paradox summoning. Not only that, but in case things got real heated real fast, she needed all the help she could get. When she arrived, all she would do was greet the two with a simple "Hello".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 29th April 2015, 4:07 am

His men, who were still keeping an close eye on the girl, slowly laid their hands on the shafts of their swords. Which was obviously triggered by the sudden appearance of a new person, who was the spitting image of the strange girl. You couldn't blame them really, after all they've seen being in Savage Skull. Any kind of magic would have triggered them to be on full alert.

Harrigan on the other hand didn't seem to be on edge at all, no instead his curiosity in the girl grew significantly. Without even breaking eye contact with the girl, Harrigan symboled his men with his hand to stand down immediately. Which they slowly did by releasing their grip on their swords. While in the meantime Harrigans thoughts quickly tried to process what the girl did.

'Duplication magic.. no a twin? Teleportation magic... impossible.. their magical presence is the exact same... what is this?!'

Even though Harrigans face didn't show it directly, his mind was actually in turmoil as he just seemed to have witnessed something that shouldn't be possible. After all the very concept of time magic, were one could summon an alternative version of themselves through the very aspects of time and space itself. Was considered mostly as bogus, even in a world filled with magic. Sure there were some mages that had the power to warp time around them in a small way, distort them so to speak. But nothing as formidable as this. So it wasn't so strange that a man as powerful as Harrigan, as man who kept eyes on everything through intelligence systems and other shady methods couldn't directly understand what this girl was capable off.

'That... is a very interesting trick you got there?' his tone, no his entire vibe suddenly changed. His smugness and arrogance that mostly dripped from his voice and hung around him as a perfectly well fitted suit. Was replaced by a mood of seriousness. The very understanding that he just witnessed something powerful, even though he didn't understand what is was. Made his entire attitude shift, something that rarely happened.
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 29th April 2015, 12:26 pm

In the face of danger, Lekuna went by certain words of wisdom. She forgot where she had gotten it from, but it went something like making yourself seem strong when you're actually weak. As much potential as she had, the mage knew when she was outmatched, and she was outmatched now. The Lekuna she had summoned had equipped herself with Ahab's Crosshairs, the blue rifle that she kept at the ready at all times in case she needed to use some kind of ranged weapon. While Harrigan went to look at the newest member of their small group, she equipped her hammer, Hephaestus' Inferno, in the blink of an eye. As much as she preferred to keep speaking to a minimum with strangers, she knew that keeping quiet was a bit dangerous in some situations, like this one.

Lekuna had to make a concerted effort in order to break away from her habit of speaking in small sentences, and much to many people's surprise, she did have a personality. It just usually was hidden under the guise of as little words as possible, but when she got friendly enough with people, then she felt comfortable enough to actually have a conversation with them. Now, was not one of those times and reluctant as she was, it would do her no good when staring into the eyes of an incubus. "Trick? I'm no trick. We're the same person" the alternate Lekuna piped up while the 'normal' one was breathing heavily to try to recuperate from the amount of energy she had to spend to make this happen. When she did, she looked up and smiled at the man while looking into his eyes that were no longer seething with superiority.

"You look worried. Have you never seen double before?" she said, taking advantage of the flaw in his resolve and trying to establish herself as a force that shouldn't be ignored or messed with.

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 29th April 2015, 12:51 pm

'Don't take me for some fool girl, even though I don't completely understand what you did. I do realize that that duplicate is more then just a mere double...'

The 'double' was by far to much of a spitting image of the girl for being her twin, and by being able to sense both their latent magical power dismissed the possibility of it being a mere duplicate or illusion. Maybe it was a clone, Harrigan did have heard of mages possessing that kind of power, no because then it would still share a singular life or magical force. No these were two separate powers, yet identical.

'I do have to admit tho, you've actually managed to astonish me. Which on itself is a rare feat'

Harrigans voice slowly turned from seriousness to a tone less dramatic, a bit more neutral. Yet still devoid of the smugness it had before. In all honesty Harrigan could punch himself for the fact he had shown himself that easily, a glimmer of his easily dented pride that had slid through the cracks of the crumbling arrogance. But seeing this girl or girls, for what they really were. An enigmatic girl with an even stranger power. Made him consider an option that he haven't thought of before, an eagerness of wanting that girl and her power for herself. To recruit her under his wings and thus for the Savage Skull cause.

'So as a reward for that, I want to offer you a one time deal. Either way you are free to go...'
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 29th April 2015, 2:14 pm

"A one time deal? Well, let's hear it" she said, curious as to what he meant more than she cared about fleeing. Even if she was mortally wounded, she was pretty confident that through some time shenanigans that it would turn out alright. Lekuna raised an eyebrow at the man whose name she still didn't know, and for good reason, though she had a feeling that eventually she would learn it. Hard to impress, huh? What kind of person is this? she thought, believing that he was genuine with his words, though wondered why he would tell her that. He definitely has an ego, but he's also powerful. I can just feel it around him. Whatever it is he's about to offer me should be quite the deal she thought after, looking to her other self which had her eyes locked on the man.

"We won't leave in the middle of a powerful man making a one time offer. That's just plain rude" her other self said right after Lekuna finished speaking up. Of course she thought the same thing, they were identical, but seeing another version of herself was kind of entrancing. The fact that she made it happen also boggled her mind, though the other her seemed a bit unphased by it. I suppose she has gotten more practice in this sort of power of ours. I wonder how things played out for me in whatever reality I plucked her out of. Thinking of all the possible choices that she made in a branching timeline would drive her mad, so she concluded to try not to think of it too hard, but it was still an interesting thing to ponder.

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 30th April 2015, 3:43 am

Briefly smiling, showed that Harrigan was more then pleased that the girls were ready to at least hear out his proposal. A foreboding message that he wanted her in his own ranks, to cultivate her, mold her so that she utilize her own power, whatever that might be, beyond her dreams. And more importantly, beyond Harrigans dreams. He was after all always looking for promising mages, who were willing to take up arms for Savage Skull cause. And sometimes you had to put yourself out there to actually convince someone.

'Well then, let me cut straight to the chase. My name is Harrigan Crawford' he said while he made a small bow. While he let his hand rest on hist chest, as if he was some sort of butler. 'And I am the current Guild Master of one the most strongest guilds in Fiore. And I want you to join my ranks'

Harrigan let out the part that he was actually from a dark guild, one that could be considered the most notorious of all the dark guilds. The very dark guild that once scourged through Fiore, ravaging everything in its path. Not that it really mattered, the girl probably already noticed that Harrigan and his merry band of soldiers were far from being a saint.

'You could also say that I am a collector of sorts, a collector of rare and exotic mages like yourself. Exotic in the sense of their power, much like yourself. However I will be bluntly honest with you, I am collecting strong mages purely for my own personal gain. I do that through my guild, by amassing those mages I can reinforce the guild's, and there for my, position in the world.'
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 30th April 2015, 3:59 am

"One of the most powerful guilds in Fiore? Huh." "Must be a dark guild, then. I haven't heard of any Harrigan leading any of the current guilds" they said, testing to see how much each other thought alike. The test went well and Lekuna was pretty happy with the results, though it was to be expected when this was her from not too far in the future. "I appreciate your bluntness with the matter, Harrigan, but..." "You're going to need to tell me what I'm going to have to do and how joining your cause will benefit me" they said again, this time with Lekuna thinking about the ties to her current guild. They weren't much and could be described in one word, "Venir". The little girl was like a younger sister to her, though she was sure she could still see her if she did decide to take up this man's offer.

"You may not know this, but I don't want to use my powers for mindless evil. It's something I don't want to be corrupted by" she piped up after her thoughts of LuRush, explaining to the guildmaster that she was not interested in murdering and pillaging for the sole purpose of evil. Now, though, she had a new perspective on good and bad. She could rally behind a cause that performed necessary evils as opposed to ones that made no coherent sense. "You may be older than us, though we are going to outlive you, so we need to think of the long term. Of course, that won't apply if you decide to go hunting for eternity" the other her said before she could, saying whatever thoughts were in her head at the time. "You speak of your personal gain, but I don't know what that is nor do I know what mine is either"

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 30th April 2015, 7:34 am

Harrigan smiled, now knowing that his assumptions about the girl were partly right. That she already had figured out that he was part of a Dark Guild. Well in all honesty she probably had that confirmation already, considering the soldiers who were clad in black. And constantly were wary of her and her doppelgänger.

'You are right about that girl, I am indeed from a dark guild, A quite strong one at that. But does being from a dark guild really matter? I mean, legal, dark or even neutral, aren't they all the same thing. A home? Sure we delve ourselves in maybe some of the less savory buisness in Fiore, but even despite that my guild is a home to those who can't stay in mundanity of what you could call the light.'

In a certain sense that was definitely true, even though Savage Skull was a dark and vile guild. It was still a home to those who couldn't walk in bright daylight. Those who had failed the live in communities, because of their blood thirst, ambitions or even just because of their looks. Just because they couldn't fit in the normal world. 

'You know what I am talking about don't you' he continued slowly hinting towards the fact that she was out here. Away from society. 'The ones who are marked as monsters, those who are shunned because of their own power, those who much like yourself would isolate themselves. Only so that they can't cultivate their own abilities in society. Sure there are mages, even in my ranks who condemn themselves to mindless slaughter, but that is their choice. Their freedom. And that is what I can offer you, a home and freedom to use your magic in plain sight. Not tucked away deep into the mountains. And a promise to make sure your powers will reach new heights, heights you would probably never even dreamed off.'
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 30th April 2015, 9:20 am

The man was right about one thing, she wasn't the most shining example of how a mage should act. At heart, she was cynical, but caring. Lekuna in Eclipse Soul of all guild, and mostly out of necessity. She'd never even met the guild master for crying out loud. Her only tie to the guild was a girl named Venir.

Harrigan didn't seem like the kind of person she had heard about from the legal side of Fiore. When faced with a danger, though, people seemed to forget that whoever threatened them was human too. It seemed like he just wanted to further his own goals, but those goals of his were in the best interest of his guild, his family.

Lekuna nodded at her other self who soon faded, signaling to Harrigan that she was no longer ready to fight. The man before her offered her understanding of her own power and freedom to use what she knows without fear of others who would want to do anything to understand what kind of power she really has. Hell, just by speaking with her he had interacted with her more than Deniel.

All she really knew of her guild master was his name, which she got from Venir. "What are your goals, Harrigsn? How will you use me to further your own goals? And how will you help me acquire knowledge about what I can do if you didn't understand it yourself.

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 30th April 2015, 10:29 am

Without even having to signal his men, they went ahead and lowered their guard entirely. Almost the same moment the girls did as well. Which almost entirely diminished the tense atmosphere that had been hanging around these past moments.

Harrigan smiled, or better yet still smiled. Knowing that the conversation went well, the outcome was maybe still unclear. But at least he had the girl feel a bit more comfortable around him now. That probably still didn't mean she lowered her entire guard, she were after all the only two girls in a medium sized group of men.

He held one arm open, aiming towards a certain location. Practically gesturing her that she should walk up with him to that point. Which was an open spot between the rocks of the mountain, and would look out on the valley beneath them. As well as the large mountain peaks and ranges surrounding them.

Either way she would follow his gesture or not, Harrigan did walk up to that point. And asked a simple question. 'What do you see?'

He waited a couple of seconds, a short pause. Which would give Lekuna the room to answer, or say some sort of small remark. Whatever fitted her. Either way, Harrigan would continue talking.
    'Because I myself see the world! Not the nature, not the valley beneath us. No the world! And that my dear is what I want! You can call me simplistic, a cliche or even deluded. But that is what my heart longs for. A world ruled through Savage Skull, a world with me on top!

And that my dear, is where you would come in. By helping me to carve out my path you will eventually find your own. Because every asset in my guild, every mage with promising potential, is worth being cultivated to reach my goal. And I will never stop to help someone reach that, may it be as simple as revenge. Or a tad more difficult as helping you to understand what you can do.'

Whatever she needed to reach her full potential, Harrigan was sure Savage Skull would be able to achieve that. Not through bonds of friendship, or comradeship. But by willing to do the unthinkable. For some of his mages it was slaughtering the innocents, the pure ecstasy they got when their crimson liquid spilled all over them. For others it challenging an already existing governing power, and for some it was simple the darkness. The shroud of blackness that made them feel safe and as if they could take on the world.
    Lekuna
    Lekuna

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lekuna 30th April 2015, 11:38 am

"Well then, that's certainly quite the goal That you have. I'm tempted to accept your generous offer on the spot, as truthfully I don't have tires that are too close to my current guild. There's one girl, however, that I need to say goodbye to. Not only that, but there's another man like you who has taken an interest in me, and as flattered as I am, I can't accept both you're offers. Regardless of what I choose, though, should you need my help, I'll give it to you so long as I don't find it morally compromising. I need as many"friends" such as yourself as I can get. It would be a waste to throw away this potential partnership because of my affiliations she said before taking a breath.

Yup, now she was sure that she didn't like long winded speeches. Now more than ever could she not understand how people could talk on and on and on. Lekuna held out her hand to Harrigan, signifying the start of a relationship that could benefit both mages. "Is it safe to assume that despite what choice I make, we can call on h other for assistance?"

Jobs Completed

Cecile
    Cecile

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Cecile 30th April 2015, 12:13 pm

'Well spoken' replied Harrigan while grabbing the girls hand, to mark their signal agreement as a promise. However Harrigan couldn't promise that it was assistance if they were to meet again. After all, one never knew what the future had in store for them. And deciding on where their paths would lead them, could only reveal that.

Harrigan knew one thing though, that when the time arises. And he actually was in need for someone as her, he would gladly take her upon her offer. The same as it was the other way around, because it was as she said. It was better to not ignore when someone extended their hand, even though they stood on the other side of scale of alignments.

'Then I guess, I will be seeing you. For better... or for worse.'

With a single gesture, Harrigan signaled his men to pack up their gear. So that the could start walking again, and only when the last of his men disappeared down the path they came up with. Harrigan turned around and followed them. Leaving the girl once again alone. On the isolated mountain ridge.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:11 pm