Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Nikolai's Magma Weapon

Nikolai's Magma Weapon Empty Nikolai's Magma Weapon

Post by Guest 24th January 2015, 9:31 am

Name: Raika
    Type: Sword
    Description:
    Raika, Drawn Myself:
    Strengths:

• The sword is able to fire off Magma-Make Spells(Only the ones specified)

• The blade deals user-ranked damage, capping at B-Rank. Furthermore, the user gains a 5% MP increase, starting them off at 105% MP.

• The sword is held in a wrap on Nikolai's back

Weaknesses:

• Water-Type Spells of equal or higher rank than the spell generated by Raika turn them into stone, nullifying them.

• Any spell higher than B-Rank will break Raika

• Raika's Spells cannot be used in Water, Fire, or Earth-based Fusions or Unison Raids

• The sword cannot be used by anyone besides Nikolai himself

Abilities:

• Once Raika is started up, the end of the handle has an exhaust port that exhumes a gas which can obscure vision at B-Rank(Specs: 20-meter cloud of exhaust fumes)

Raika's Magma-Make Fissure Wave:

Specs:
    Height: 6'
    The bottom sword is purified Raika, the bottom impure. I plan on making a history on this.

Last edited by Nikolai Dixon on 24th January 2015, 4:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Nikolai's Magma Weapon Empty Re: Nikolai's Magma Weapon

Post by Chaotic Rumble 24th January 2015, 10:55 am

Right, so let's begin.

For a strength, I'd like to know general slashing damage; this IS something that may not be asked a lot or is not specified anywhere regarding how much damage it can deal, regardless, I deem this as a requirement, because the odds are that you'll want to slash and hack with this weapon at some point.  Seeing as it's a Legendary+ weapon, I recommend user-ranked damage, capping at B-Rank.  This should be listed as a strength.  Additionally, you can also include in that strength that because this is a + weapon, you gain an additional 5% mana increase to your TOTAL magical energy pool while you have this weapon.  In other words, instead of starting off with 100% magical energy, you start off with 105%; says so in the rules.  Remember: only while you have the weapon.

I would like you to add another weakness in; the fact that any spells higher than B-Rank will break it, however, it will be reforged at the start of any new thread (or for plot purposes, if you have/want those); anything that's B-Rank or lower won't be able to do that.  It's a rule we have, however, people tend to forget this sort of thing, so it's always nice to just have it stuck on the application itself in order to avoid any potential confusion.

Another thing I'd like you to clarify is this weakness:

"Water-Type Spells will turn all spells generated by Raika into stone, nullifying them"

The weakness itself, is quite straight forward, however, looking at this, I can abuse the way it's written and be like "okay, well, you used an A-Rank spell against me, and I used a C-Rank water spell to defend myself.  Says that water spells nullify yours, anyways..."  Clearly, your A-Rank spell would beat the C-Rank spell, however, that is not the case as it is now.  I just don't want you to get abused, here, so I'd recommend putting down something like "Water-Type Spells of equal or higher rank than the spell generated by Raika turn them into stone, nullifying them."

One of your abilities is to make it so that the handle of your blade emits gas in order to obscure ones vision; I have no problem with this, however, there are some things which I would like to know.  The way I comprehend this spell is that you emit a gas which will stick around, kinda like a cloud, and anyone within it will have their vision messed up.  If that is how you intended to make it, then I'll need ranges for this; how much of an area can it cover?  If you intended it differently, please correct me.

For your actual spell, the cooldown will be constantly changing, according to rank.  At D-Rank, the cooldown can be as low as 2 posts (or 3, depending on the spell and duration of it).  At C-Rank, it can be 3.  At B-Rank, it can be 4.  At A-Rank, it will be 5.  These are the minimum for each rank. Instead of stating that you flat out deal C-Rank damage with the spell, I'd like you to put down that it deals user-ranked damage, capping out at A-Rank, when you achieve it. Additionally, I'd like you to put down that the size and crack width double as you rank up (so, at B-Rank, the crack would be 60 feet, the size of the wave would be 18 feet, and the crack width would be 6 inches). Also, I'm gonna guess that the wave travels as far as the crack... Right? I'd also like you to specifically state that the barriers that can block this ability must be equal to the same rank as the spell or higher. Finally - What does this following weakness mean?: "4. Cannot move from ground up" It's probably pretty straight forward, but I'm stupid, so I cannot comprehend this correctly.

I'm also confused about something regarding this spell; why does it have a 3 post duration? The way I understand it, you slam your sword into the ground, the crack appears, big wave comes out at you, flying, and hits ya, so how does this thing stick around for 3 posts?

Uh... Sorry for the long ass post. Please bump once everything is done!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nikolai's Magma Weapon V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:

Post by Guest 24th January 2015, 12:31 pm

Bump for review.
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 25th January 2015, 6:36 am

Okay...

Well, since you're not A-Rank at the moment, the cooldown to the spell itself is fine, just remember that it's 5 posts when you reach A-Rank, or simply have this unlocked and moved by the time you reach it so you can make that edit.

Well, if I were to be honest, I do not see anything else.

'Tis approved!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nikolai's Magma Weapon V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 10:42 pm