Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Elemental Charts

Miharu
    Miharu

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Musashi's Descent
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Elemental Charts Empty Elemental Charts

Post by Miharu 23rd November 2014, 8:05 am

I think we should have a strict elemental chart similar to pokemon or other games, that way we can see who does more damage on what. Because I see some crazy people saying stuff like wind magic does 20% more on lightning like where'd u get that from?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Elemental Charts YqmfdpX
    Felicity Vrago
    Felicity Vrago

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- A-Rank- Rich- Player 
    Lineage : Angel of Chaos
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Mentor : Conquest/Decayuss
    Experience : 56875

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crimson God Slayer
    Second Skill: Conquest Take Over
    Third Skill:

Elemental Charts Empty Re: Elemental Charts

Post by Felicity Vrago 24th November 2014, 8:55 am

Yes and no. They cannot deal extra damage to the USER, but the Magic itself they deal extra damage. Humans are still flesh and bone despite the awesome magic at their fingertips. You get a mod or admin if they try that on you.

It even doesn't matter if you are a Slayer, still flesh and bones.

Elemental charts are also subjective, but some kind of order in this game of rock, paper, scissors would be nice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Elemental Charts P5l7Dxp
    Chaotic Rumble
    Chaotic Rumble

Dark Insanity

Dark Insanity

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Tournament Participation Badge- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Corrupted King of Knights
    Position : King Of Kings
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Sapphiron ; The Shadow
    Experience : 601,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Refraction : Sword King
    Second Skill: N/A (for now)
    Third Skill:

Post by Chaotic Rumble 24th November 2014, 1:41 pm

Don't agree with this. Every magic is different in its own way; this removes creativity, essentially, since now it'd be forcing something upon the users, which really isn't required. Let them do whatever they want; if a fire magic is supposed to be stronger than water magic, so be it. The members are responsible for whatever elemental weaknesses they have. Something that I can possibly see, however, is to give every elemental magic an elemental weakness -minimum-. I can see that working far better.

Elemental Charts V4W5D0r

Bank

Seru's Main Theme

Spoiler:

Seru's Battle theme

Spoiler:
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 25th November 2014, 12:24 am

Don't agree with this either; I agree with Chaotic. Magic and Weaknesses should be left completely up to the creator.

Here's Why. I will give you Heero's complete chart.

Heero
    ---------------
    Spoiler:

Each persons magic has different Strengths, and Weaknesses, and is Very, Very unique. You can ENCOURAGE them, as a Mod. To have a Weakness to Fire if they use Plant or Wood Magic. You may even INSIST, upon it at times if it's straight up Elemental Magic.

But for the most part; every Magic is different.

I mean, my Dragon Slayer Lightning has VERY different strengths and Weaknesses than some other Lightning Magic and also has MANY similarities, naturally as they are the same element.

But that is where the fun lies, and as Chaotic said we should leave it as is

As far as Luke's Example Goes. It's all about Rank. Gray was able to freeze that Fire because his Ice was higher Rank. Same goes with the Boiling Water scenario.

Here's an Example
    -------------------------

You light a Lighter or a Candle in your Hand.

You blow it out.

It goes out Easily because the Wind is Higher Ranked than the Fire.

You light a campfire / bonfire.

You blow in it.

It gets larger and is fueled the more you try to blow at it or fan at it.

Because the Fire is Higher Ranked than the Wind.

× Bio
    × Magic

Elemental Charts Rose

Miharu
    Miharu

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Miharu 25th November 2014, 6:10 am

Sorry, I understand. It was just an idea, I realize combat is up to the creators, but I just wanted some system to keep certain things as a system. People say we have stats coming, but I for now I just see 20% here and there, 25% here and there.

Elemental Charts YqmfdpX
    Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 25th November 2014, 3:09 pm

It's basically what katherine said. If a water attack and fire attack collide, naturally the water attack defeats the fire attack but that doesn't mean it does more damage to you unless you specify that as a weakness(like really specify like what I did with Hiro and holy/light magic)

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Daiko
    Daiko

Venom Demon

Venom Demon

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Player 
    Lineage : Son of Creation
    Mentor : Himself
    Experience : 2050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Not being banned yet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Daiko 26th November 2014, 6:54 pm

If you take a look at the rules, it states that overpowering spells is by their power. [ toolazytoaddlink ], so fire could overpower fire, if conditions are met. It's a different case with some elements, such as.. my Smoke. My smoke is weak to wind, because that's one of the drawbacks. If I hadn't written that, it would be the same as wind facing wind, or wind facing anything else. 

-nodnod-

"Oh, Guest... If only you knew..."

Elemental Charts Ilfuaw

Jobs
    D-Rank - 6 || C-Rank - 2 || B-Rank - 1 || A-Rank - 0 || S-Rank - 0 ]

[ 2050 / 7500 EXP ]

Elemental Charts Daiko_by_ravenart5-d8edi8u
    Other Signitures:

Dai Fans Only:
    Miharu
    Miharu

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Miharu 28th November 2014, 8:25 pm

ah I see excuse my ignorance

Elemental Charts YqmfdpX
    Daiko
    Daiko

Venom Demon

Venom Demon

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Demon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- Player 
    Lineage : Son of Creation
    Mentor : Himself
    Experience : 2050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Not being banned yet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Daiko 29th November 2014, 3:58 am

No, it's not ignorance; the suggestions are here so you can suggest stuff xD

"Oh, Guest... If only you knew..."

Elemental Charts Ilfuaw

Jobs
    D-Rank - 6 || C-Rank - 2 || B-Rank - 1 || A-Rank - 0 || S-Rank - 0 ]

[ 2050 / 7500 EXP ]

Elemental Charts Daiko_by_ravenart5-d8edi8u
    Other Signitures:

Dai Fans Only:
    Aria Beleren
    Aria Beleren

Cosmic Soul

Cosmic Soul

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Christmas Event Winner- Hero- Have Seijin On Your Friends List- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Mentor : Memnarch
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tergiversation Arts
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Aria Beleren 29th November 2014, 1:05 pm

Daiko wrote:No, it's not ignorance; the suggestions are here so you can suggest stuff xD

No such thing as a stupid question

Themes:
    Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Fairy Tail (Ace)
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 1,093,688

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Skill: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 29th November 2014, 6:03 pm

Agree with others that it's better to not put restrictions on what elemental magic has to be weak to what elemental magic.

It's of course expected that some stuff beats others but it shouldn't be written in stone and some people can think of some very crazy but interesting ideas on how their weaknesses are extremely different from what their magic would usually have.

Also, the lightning vs wind thing is probably because air is actually a terrible conductor so you can easily block lightning with it unless the lightning is just that much stronger.

Elemental Charts Akeya2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 4:28 am