Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries

Krow
    Krow

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Mark of Cain
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
    Third Skill:

Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries Empty Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries

Post by Krow 24th October 2014, 2:14 am

Okay, once more, I KNOW THE SITE IS NON-CANON. Anyways, you know how a single element slayer can become a mixed slayer by have a Dragon Lacrima as their Secondary. Well, in the Magic Rules, it say's that Secondaries can be a mix of Primary and Secondary put together for the spells. Which bring me to my actual point. People, not always, but on occasion complain about just single element Slayer's being OP. So you can imagine how they feel about Mixed Slayer's, am I right?

Well, being in the process of becoming a Mixed Slayer myself, I can honestly see where they are coming from. If a Mixed Slayer is allowed to have their primary element for their primary spells, and the element given by the lacrima act as a singular secondary element for their secondary spells, in terms of spell mixing they become insanely overpowered.

Now, what I am proposing here, is similar to how Natsu, Gajeel, and Future Rogue have their primary element and then a Dual Element Mode. In order to cut down further on the possibility of Mixed Element Slayer's becoming out-right over-powered. I suggest that their Secondary Magic name and spells, be restricted to reflecting this Dual Element usage. This way they can't have say like a hundred different mixed spells of the two elements, but are instead kept at five Dual Element Mode techniques. They would name their secondary such and such, I'll use myself as an example...

My primary is Fire Dragon Slayer (1st Generation obviously) and then my Secondary is a Shadow Dragon Lacrima. So instead of having Fire Dragon Slayer listed as my Primary and Shadow Dragon Slayer listed as my Secondary, I would have my secondary listed as Shadow Flame Dragon Mode. This means for my five Secondary Spells, they will be Shadow Flame Dragon's such and such.

Furthermore, as an extension of this, they cannot say combine say what would amount to a C-rank spell of both elements to make their Secondary Magic's D-rank spell. They would have to pick ONE and ONLY one of their primary element spells that corresponds with the Secondary rank spell they are making as a Dual Element spell. While this could potentially be just as over-powered as letting them crazy with spell mixing variations, one must admit that making a proper system to balance it out would be a lot easier to do, and it would honestly make life easier for those who go that route.

Like one thing that could be done to balance it out is say, I have a Dual Element D-rank spell in my secondary spells, instead of the typical cost of a D-rank, have it cost what two D-rank's or whatnot would cost. That way, no matter what rank said Slayer is, there will always be some sort of cost to it. This will make it so that using the Dual Element Mode would done more wisely, and probably be kept for do or die situations. Or when your primary element alone simply won't cut it.

I know I'm probably like the only person who thinks this is even a remotely worthwhile idea. I've just had it lingering for a while now and wanted to share it. If only to get it off my mind. And yes, I know this does to a slight degree lessen the freedom a Mixed Slayer would have in comparison to other members, but it is worth considering, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries GbnUMK2

Missions In Progress:
    Total Exp.: 562.5 Exp
    Rank Up Ratio: 562.5/750= 187.5 Exp Needed.
    Blues Coldsummer
    Blues Coldsummer

Son Of Ice

Son Of Ice

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight Of Frostfire
    Mentor : Glacieyth; Ice Dragon King
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Iƈҽ Dɾαɠσɳ Sʅαყҽɾ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries Empty Re: Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries

Post by Blues Coldsummer 24th October 2014, 4:59 am

I like this. Even though I'm new I thought it was strange how someone could be both a Shadow Dragon Slayer AND a Lightning Dragon Slayer fully.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Krow
    Krow

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries Empty Re: Mixed Element Slayer's & Their Secondaries

Post by Krow 24th October 2014, 5:01 am

I can just see it becoming insanely over-powered incredibly fast. I don't want to be God, I want to be a Dragon Slayer, ya dig?

Missions In Progress:
    Mifune
    Mifune

The White Wizard

The White Wizard

Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Guild Master- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Oykai
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Death Wish
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Mifune 24th October 2014, 5:08 am

considering how difficult it actually is to acquire a Slayer Lacrima nowadays I don't believe a rule change is necessary since it's a lot of hard work to get one. There are only so many in circulation and one must donate a huge amount of money to put new ones in to circulation.

Perhaps the only thing that needs to be done is put a restriction on Lacrima Trading.

Krow
    Krow

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 24th October 2014, 5:11 am

Shuhei, this is really only meant to apply to those who are First Gen and then have a different secondary slayer element. This obviously can't be applied to those who do not have Slayer Magic's or different element between their primary and secondary magics, or a standard canon Third Generation. Obviously most would be against this, as they probably don't believe they are over-powered just because they are already at one of the highest possible ranks.

Missions In Progress:
    Vincent
    Vincent

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Experience : 1231.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vincent 24th October 2014, 6:53 am

The problem with Slayers isn't their power level. All magics are equal on a power level scale. I.E. D-Rank 8-Bit Summon is equal in power to D-Rank Crash Magic. The thing with slayers is their "immunities" to elements. Most players only have 1 element at their disposal so when they end up facing off against a slayer of that element they are just boned because the slayer can eat all their spells. Giving a slayer a second element doubles this effect. Which is a problem I don't know how to tackle.

I guess my point is that this nerfs Slayers(which slayers won't like) without fixing the problem with Slayers(which non-Slayers won't like) tis a lose lose situation.
    Krow
    Krow

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 24th October 2014, 7:21 am

True. I suppose I am the only exception to Slayer's not liking being nerfed and non-slayer's not liking that they are not being nerfed. I just honestly feel this makes a lot more sense then having a Slayer be able to potentially wield to Slayer elements individually. I just see the whole Dual Element Mode, as being much more stable route that a Mixed Slayer could take. Otherwise those who have gained access to such a thing can intentionally make themselve over-powered. Lets all be honest, have you ever had fun fighting someone who is intentionally over-powered? I sure haven't.

Now, in my own case, I knew from the moment I decided to take up a second Slayer element that I would make a Dual Element Mode. When I expressed such in the CB and went on to say that, in my Secondary Magic app I was going to have it listed as the Dual Element Mode and not the lacrima, some people (mostly non-slayer's) acting like I was somehow committing the world's greatest taboo. I mean, if your spells all contain two elements, wouldn't it make sense to have the actual application going with it reflect that? The second element gained through the lacrima or however one manages to go about such, would only be 1/2 of that equation after all, not the whole sum.

Regardless, I can understand why most do not even want to try and contemplate how this idea has merit, because in their eye's it is either damaging or something a Slayer can readily abuse as they please. Which as I said earlier, could be remedied by putting some (limited) degree of restriction surrounding such a mode.

Missions In Progress:
    Vincent
    Vincent

Player 
    Lineage : Beast Pride
    Experience : 1231.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vincent 24th October 2014, 9:58 am

Well I guess we could distinguish between slayers who use dual mode and slayers who use the elements as separate wholes. Then do something. I dunno.

Kusanagi
    Kusanagi

Lineage : None
    Experience : 37.5

Post by Kusanagi 12th November 2014, 1:34 am

I've always been cool with dual element ds if it consumes their magic slots and has natural blowbacks after the fact, like with Natsu in canon, he uses it and then he's down for the count.

E's Dialogue
    E's Thoughts
    Krow
    Krow

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Krow 12th November 2014, 7:06 am

Ean Vanguard wrote:I've always been cool with dual element ds if it consumes their magic slots and has natural blowbacks after the fact, like with Natsu in canon, he uses it and then he's down for the count.

While it would be a bitch for Slayer's who go this route. I can honestly say it makes a whole lot more sense then letting them go crazy with so many variants that they might as well be God's Incarnate. Though, have recently learned God/Demon Slayer can literally pull the element they want out of a dual element dragon slayer's mixture. This thread is pointless.

Missions In Progress:
    Blues Coldsummer
    Blues Coldsummer

Son Of Ice

Son Of Ice

Lineage : Knight Of Frostfire
    Mentor : Glacieyth; Ice Dragon King
    Experience : 212.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Iƈҽ Dɾαɠσɳ Sʅαყҽɾ
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Blues Coldsummer 13th November 2014, 1:00 pm

Krow wrote:While it would be a bitch for Slayer's who go this route. I can honestly say it makes a whole lot more sense then letting them go crazy with so many variants that they might as well be God's Incarnate. Though, have recently learned God/Demon Slayer can literally pull the element they want out of a dual element dragon slayer's mixture. This thread is pointless.

...wut.

Seriously?

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 9:25 am