Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Surprising Results [Private]

Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Position : None
    Guild : Tartarus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Surprising Results [Private] Empty Surprising Results [Private]

Post by Tuna 22nd August 2014, 4:51 pm

Lyserg was once again found in his study by one of the currently very few members of Tartarus. A member of the intelligence division. He had deposited the architecural layout of Crocus on his desk and left the room. They had been taken in for purposes of examination of living conditions and housing space for future operations. It was always good to have a plan of a city memorized and accessible to all members.

Three weeks had passed since his meeting with Lucille and whilst occassionally checking up on her without noticing, there weren't any intense changes except for the fact that the young woman had begun to conduct some sort of research. He didn't want to be too invasive of her privacy to test out how far she would take it until approaching him. As the girl wasn't too much of a bookworm, Lyserg deemed that she was trying to find ways to relieve the repercussions of her current magic.

On the far right side of his desk, the book on Ark of Time was resting gently on the carved oak table. Somewhen in the past weeks, he had placed it there and read into it then and when. He found that some of his own theories and limitations were false and made some notes to update his work when he found the time. There was no special purpose as to why he had placed it there except personal examination. It was interesting to him how far he had taken his research these past two millenniums and to what extent he had been able to compress it into one single book, granted it holding 1500 pages.

Mustering the plans for Crocus, he circled some sections he deemed important and noted down the reasons and possible advantages. He then went on to cross some sections out his members should avoid when trailing the city, noting down why as well. It was then that he thought he heard someone going up the stairs, contrary to the member who had just gone the stairs back down. He wasn't expecting anybody. It was 17:30 and there was really no reason why someone should choose to come to him now. He placed the pen onto the table and folded his hands on the table, waiting to see if his ears had misguided him or if there was actually someone at the door.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Other Half
    Mentor : Raylard Wayne
    Experience : 4000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood Lust
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Surprising Results [Private] Empty Re: Surprising Results [Private]

Post by Lucille Grove 22nd August 2014, 7:50 pm

It had been three long and painful weeks of research for Lucille. The blood mage painstakingly worked to find something, anything that would help her figure out how this book had worked. And to her surprise, she been patient enough to not rip the book completely apart and instead waited it out for the perfect breakthrough. Her family had a rich history of using this magic, but almost none of that history was particularly useful if she couldn't use it in any way. After a difficult week of near hair tearing frustration, Lucille couldn't hope but doubt that this magic was still able to be used by someone like her. Until she managed to find the text of someone named Mel. It kept a small detail on one of her great grandfather's text, which she found and eventually learned held all of the secrets of the magic book she was reading. What was this book, that had her ignoring the duties of following around Lyserg and trying to figure out exactly how to use? It was the book on maybe one of the most unknown magic types of all, yet used in indirect ways.

The Speed Force.

It was a difficult to learn and almost excruciating to adjust to, thus one would have to be perfectly in shape. Lucille could only bring theories towards how this would improve her for Tartarus. She would no longer go insane from having blood spilled on her, and that also meant she would be able to work with others without any difficulty. But this was really all of a theory, and she needed to properly align an idea with her master, Lyserg, before she said anything. So, she packed up the three books and began to walk towards his study.

When she reached there, she gulped and tried to steady her nerves. Knowing that he might be busy, she knocked lightly and asked out in a clear voice. "Master Lyserg? I have something I wish to discuss with you."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Surprising Results [Private] FRU1Cmr
    Surprising Results [Private] S9dTX6I
    Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force
    Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 24th August 2014, 5:24 pm

The moment the light knock appeared on the door Lyserg sighed. So the steps he heard just now weren't an illusion. Sadly. The voice appearing eased his annoyance somewhat, but it was still unwelcome to be disturbed without prior notice. Even though he knew that he had assured Lucille his support, it still tingled his sense of order. Firmly pushing back the chair after the young woman had finished talking, he made it audible he was coming to the door. Walking around his desk and over, he pushed down the knob.

The door swung open and Lyserg glared down to Lucille. "Good evening Miss Grove." He asked slightly tense. Moving over so she could walk past him into his study, he motioned over to a pair of two chairs sitting slightly off to the side to not take up any space in the already clogged up office. "Please come in and take a seat." He said in a neutral tone not wanting to have her feel unwanted around him. It was truly that he enjoyed her acquaintance, it was just that currently his mind was not quite ready for serious business. But then again, it wouldn't be the first time he simply did these things even though he felt sluggish.

Walking over to his own desk he sat behind it and turned the chair so that the angle didn't hit his table anymore but was directed straight towards the two chairs in which he had asked Lucille to sit down. "So... what is it that you need so suddenly?" He asked, only half-heartedly curious. "This would be the first time you come to me without prior notice." He added, this time genuinely curious as to what brought her to not notify him beforehand.

Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 24th August 2014, 7:21 pm

Lucille shivered a bit at the look that her master had given her. It was a bit of a bad idea to come to him without giving him a heads up, as he was pretty particular about that sort of thing when he wanted to be. Still, she was not to be deterred, as her research needed to be known, and now was a better time than ever. When he moved by, she bowed and entered his office with the grace she had learned from years of being primed to be a nice princess for someone. Sitting down in one of the chairs he pointed out, Lucille kept a firm grip on the books she had been using for research in the last few days. These were extremely important to her, and she would do everything in her power to keep them safe from harm. When Lyserg asked what she had come for so unannounced, she had to hold back the giddy feeling she had for a serious face.

"Master Lyserg. If I may first apologize for my rudeness." Lucille spoke, feeling the strain her voice had gone under for the first time in a while. It was mostly due to how much speaking she did, but also because she had tried a few........spells that didn't exactly work in the favor of how she wanted them. "I have a breakthrough on something we both might share a common interest in." Lifting the books slightly to showcase what she meant, Lucille smirked slightly before her face went back into a professional mode. "My current magic has led to a few.....problems for me. And for the image I want to paint myself as in Tartarus. Naturally......a few changes are in order." Lucille tapped the books as to point out that they were the key to her answer.

"The solutions.......are all in these books. She confidently said, smirking again at her guild master.

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force
    Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 25th August 2014, 4:55 am

The moment Lyserg heard Lucille's sore voice, he stiffened. His eyebrows furrowed and he mustered her carefully. Strict, collected, focused, straight-jacketed. Just like always. It was the first time he found someone so young so difficult to read, especially since she was merely a young woman and not an artist of deceit or a con-artist. "It is alright Miss Grove, you meant no harm." He responded glancing over to the books she was carrying. Surely, they were her reason of coming.

With one arm against the rest of his office chair angled to gently rest his chin on his hand whilst the other hand sat atop the office desk, he felt questions arise. Lucille wasn't often this ominous. Something was up, he could tell that much. He could catch that the books in her arms were about a magical dimension. The title on the first one read "Theorem of Dimensional Access". Lyserg looked sternly. "I see." He spoke calmly. So it was about her research. But he seriously wondered what had gotten her interested in magic that enabled the access of different dimensions.

"It is true your current magical profession is somewhat... complicated. But I was believing you were trying to make adjustments. Now I am understanding that it is something completely new you have discovered." He said in an attempt of an indirect question. "If the solutions are all in those books, why come to me?" He asked in a straight-forward manner. "I can see that you haven't brought your own research but only the material you worked with. Do you wish for me to take a look at it?" He asked motioning towards her with the hand that his chin had rested on.

Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 27th August 2014, 8:31 am

Lucille shifted a bit straighter while listening to her master. It was true that her original plan was to find a way to nullify the negative effects of the magic she currently used, but this had become a discovery of her ancestry that she could not ignore no matter what. When she had saw exactly what type of family she had come from, her entire focus had shifted towards trying to change her magic up completely. It had some success, as she used different incantations and managed to negate some of the things that Wayne had done to her mind. But not everything had gone away, and this magic would be a burden unless she got rid of it completely.

"I have learned some......interesting side effects of Blood Lust. Some of which the bastard Wayne programmed so I would do whatever he wanted, whenever he pleased." Lucille spat the man's name out with so much venom, one would be surprised that she didn't literally spit out poison. But that was not the image she wanted to portray in front of her master, so she composed herself and looked back at the books briefly. The information they held was the most important key to helping Lucille get stronger. Problems occurred when she noticed something about attempting to use said magic..

"The books do indeed hold the solutions. However, the solutions require a few outside sources to fully work properly. As I do not have the current means to accomplish this by myself, I believed that you could assist." Lucille gently placed the books on his desk, spread so that he could see the titles of all three books. One was old and worn to a point where the name of the book had been worn away by time, only reading "Mel Journal" and nothing else. The second one was named "Theorem of Dimensional Access", and the final one read "Thesis and Advanced knowledge of Speed Force". Lucille kept an eye on her master while placing the books, before she cleared her throat. "I was hoping you could properly look at them, and my notes that are inside to see if you could find something that might work. I have tried, and failed, to use the magic on my own terms. Where I tried and the full outcome shall be disclosed at a time better suited." Lucille cringed at the end, knowing that hiding the damage she had done was better not attempted to hide. Lyserg would find out, and the possible punishment could only be severe.

"But can you assist me, master Lyserg?" Her curiosity at his answer would cause her to lean in, but show nothing on her face or otherwise.

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force
    Tuna
    Tuna

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 2nd September 2014, 3:38 pm

Her lips bibbered when his name crossed her lips. To some extent, Lyserg was concerned. Ignoring his worry though, he focused on what he had at hand. "I am quite positive that such side effects can be reversed..." He said with some reserve as not to push any buttons on Lucille. But magic was not something to simply lose. It took an entire span of someone's research with it. He found it a waste to simply lose an acquired magic without intending to improve it first.

His eyes followed hers. She was looking at the books in her hands. Somewhat tense as she seemed, tenser than usual, he felt that there was something wrong. Not bothering to ask however, he simply sat straight into his office chair when she brought him the books and sat them on his desk. Looking over their titles, he mumbled a bit. He had never heard of the name speed force. Something quite rare, as he had heard of most magics up until now. Even if only distantly.

"Outside sources..." he said calmly as he picked up the book on "Thesis and Advanced Knowledge on Speed Force". Opening it up and flipping through the pages he glanced left and right. Stopping on one page, fast-reading it and flipping to the next. He had started somewhere at the beginning of the book at a chapter titled 'basic application and progression'. What he saw did not only astound him, it completely baffled him. This wasn't some magic consistent of several substantial components. No, this magic was something that used the convolution and convertion of extra-dimensional magic into this realm and application on the own body.

He softly set the book upon his desk, still open, and looked at Lucille with sharp eyes. "You ask if I can assist you Miss Grove..." Lyserg cleared his throat and picked up the book titled 'Theorem of Dimensional Access'. Holding it up, he made a slight wave with it. "You... do realize what this is...?" He spoke bluntly. It wasn't the fact that these books were so complex that astounded him, it was the fact that Lucille apparently understood things which he had taken dozens of years to graps and even only remotely understand.

His gaze rested upon hers in disbelief. "Miss Grove, I feel obliged to ask, are you positive that you understand what is written in these books?" He repeated the question slightly more direct and layed the book back on the desk. His eyes moving over to his left he took a look at a few passages of text again. "Here... this right here." He said, pointing with his index finger to a few lines. "It speaks about the equivalent convertion of exchangable energy into magic between this world and an extra dimension apparently known as the Speed Force. You're telling me that you have understood this?" He asked a third time, still in complete disbelief over what Lucille had supposedly accomplished.

"If so..." he finalized. "then... please show me the rest of your research. The paperwork." He said running one hand through his hair. He was admittedly knocked out of his socks right now.

Lucille Grove
    Lucille Grove

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lucille Grove 8th September 2014, 9:20 pm

Lucille chuckled at her master’s own shock at the magic and theories. It was true a bit that she had a little bit of a hard time at first, but once she read some of the book that was Mel’s Journal she easily figured out the more complex parts. “It was quite easy once I read the chapter on magical conversion of extra-dimensional energy into mass. I just had to recalibrate a few figures for myself and I could understand it perfectly.” Lucille proudly stated, puffing her chest out a bit before she settled into a more relaxed sitting position again and nodding her head towards his last statement.

“I can take you to it. Most of it is fairly basic on the wording, but I think I got the general concepts down.” Lucille stood and began to walk towards the door leading out of Lyserg’s office. She would open the door and walk out towards her room, but quietly and slowly enough for her master to follow. Once she reached her room, she opened the door and entered easily, allowing Lyserg to see the rows upon rows of papers that littered the walls.

“Well. Lets just find the stuff that matters huh?” Lucille joked before grabbing a random stack of papers and looking through them.

Lucille
    Armory
    Blood Lust/Speed Force

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 1:14 pm