Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Solo Job : Size Matters

Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Inuki: The Demon Dog
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,950

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Numb Angel ❅ Ice Devil
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Solo Job : Size Matters Empty Solo Job : Size Matters

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 10:21 am

Job Information:
    Allison reviewed the job application.  This would be her very first job where she actually had to fight monsters, instead of those jobs where she had to baby sit small, annoying, devilish children, and find random lost things, like puppies and books.  In a previous job, Allison had actually found another ring, except that one had been an engagement ring, which, although similar to a wedding ring, and been much different in terms of the job itself.  First of all, it had been in a river.  This one would be in... a garden?  Allison squinted at the job application again.  Wait, why did they need mages for this?  It was just... then she read all the way down the description.

Oh, I see,  Allison thought.  The client aka the job requester had some magic, and they were planning to shrink Allison down so that she could do the job.  Apparently the client had decided for the mages that the garden was too lush or big for them to search for the ring the normal way, despite whether or not they used some sort of scrying magic to look for it, which would be a lot easier. Allison didn`t have this kind of magic, so she decided it was probably for the best, anyways. However, the client intended to shrink down the takers of the job to a size that would make the woman`s yard seem like a jungle. Allison just hoped that she didn`t get eaten by a dog or something.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I WONDER WHEN THIS WILL ALL DISAPPEAR
    ❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

Solo Job : Size Matters PXRL2Kd
    CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Solo Job : Size Matters Empty Re: Solo Job : Size Matters

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 6:27 pm

Allison looked around and then realised that a beautiful pink cat was rubbing itself against the shaft of her boot.  She bent down and scratched it behind the ears.  "Lel, good girl.  Following me like that, I`m doing a job you know ~"  Allison giggled as she heard the cat reply with an exsasperated smirk.  Yes, of course I know, Alli.  I`m going to follow you, regardless of whether you like it or not.  And before you start going on about how I will have to be shrunk, I know.  I will shrink alongside with you, and be a pink cat that is less than a centimeter tall, since you will be two centimeters yourself.  Allison almost sighed.  She couldn`t hide anything from Lel; after all, the cat was telepathic.  Is that a bad thing, Alli?  Allison rolled her eyes and started walking in the vague direction of the client`s house.

She had been dropped off in the neighbourhood and just needed to find the house that matched the description.  Apparently, it had a huge back yard- "Oh!"  Allison stopped as Lel tripped her, to land directly in front of a house with a massive, lush forest of grass out in front.  Lel, why did you do that?  Allison thought to Lel.  The cat replied that this was the correct house, and Allison got to her feet and then slowly walked up the path way that led to the door - step and a small overhang that gave the impression of a formal, beautiful place.  

Allison took a deep breath and then rang the doorbell uncertainly, supposing that the owner of the house would come to the door, and that Allison could simply ask whether or not they were the requester of the job, or the client.  And if the house turned out to be the wrong one, well, then perhaps they would have a clue for Allison as to where she could find the correct house.  Allison waited patiently for a resident of the home to respond.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 6:36 pm

After just not even a few minutes of waiting, an oldish woman answered the door with a slightly suspicious look towards Allison. Her eyes strayed down to rest on Lel, and the woman seemed to visibly relax. "I see. A magical pink cat, you`ve got to be those mages that are here to help me find my ring. Come on inside." The woman opened the door wide and then stepped to the side, ushering Allison and Lel into a slightly fancy room. The woman sat across from Allison and Lel, a coffee table between them

"Now then, shall I explain to you?" Both of the two in question nodded, and the woman began her story. "Now, mind you, this is a much more dangerous job than it seems. I have a bit of magic, you see, so this isn`t just an ordinary finding a ring job. I`m sure you`ve gone through plenty of those." Allison nodded again; yes, she had been through many solo jobs of simply finding random lost things. "You see, my back yard is something of an enigma. You would not ever hope to find something in it searching from above, due to the size, no matter what type of scrying technique you use. However, using my magic, I can shrink you down so that you can find my wedding ring. There will be no questions. Now, follow me."

And with that, the woman proceeded to stand up, wave Allison and Lel to follow her in some random direction, and then walked off without Allison and Lel catching where she went. At first, they rather panicked, and there was a sort of heated discussion between their minds. Then, the realised that of course she would be in the place of the job; in other words, she would be in the back yard! Allison and Lel rushed to the scene to find the woman preparing two packs filled with some food and water. Allison curiously watched as the woman proceeded to shrink these down, then turned to Allison and Lel. "Well, then. Are you ready to begin your mission?"

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 7:42 pm

After Allison and Lel had nodded yes, the woman took a deep breath, waved her hands, and muttered something under her breath. A glowing, golden light appeared around her hands, similar to the way that Lel`s eyes looked when she was about to cast her defencive spell. The light slowly gathered around the two of them, and they began to shrink at an alarming rate. The woman put the two miniature backs on the ground near their feet and said, "Remember to get these so that you don`t get hungry while you`re all small. And be careful!" And with that, Allison was shrunken to less than 2 centimeters, since she had already been short at her normal size.

Allison immediately looked around for Lel as soon as she was fully shrunken, and called for her telepathically. There was no response at first, and Allison immediately began to get worried, since their telepathy worked at outrageous distances, and they couldn`t have been seperated by that much as they had been shrunk. She wandered around, darting between the now enormous blades of grass, and called out for Lel both telepathically and with actual noise and words. "Lel? Lel?? Are you here? Are you okay??? Lel?!?" Eventually, Allison stopped. She decided that Lel would have already heard her by now if she could`ve, and that yelling would only attract predators. That`s right... predators.

Allison paused as she went over that thought in her mind again. Predators. That meant, she would probably end up having to fight some sort of monsters, and she might have to hurt something. But she would end up killing it soon after. Most of the monsters would be something like bugs, anyways. ... Right?

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 11th August 2014, 7:42 pm

The member 'Allison' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Solo Job : Size Matters NormalMonster Solo Job : Size Matters NormalMonster
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 7:57 pm

Allison kept wandering around for a bit, looking for Lel, when she saw a rustling in the grass stalks a little ways to the side of her.  She immediately hid, hoping that it wasn`t some sort of giant rat that would eat her.  She waited expectantly, her heart beating rather quickly, and then held her breath as two giant looking insect arachnid things stepped into the small clearing, or what seemed to be one to Allison, although it was undoubtedly just a small patch of ground where there wasn`t any grass.  They were harvestmen, which were supposed to be rather easy enemies, and there were two of them.

Allison kept hiding as she wondered what she would do.  The woman had told her that she had to kill all of the monsters aka creatures that she saw, with the exception of harmless creatures.  But these, these harvestmen, were the enemy for now.  But... it might hurt them, to kill them.  Allison didn`t want to hurt the poor things.  Suddenly, the hesitating girl noticed something.  The two harvestmen appeared to be limping badly, almost as though they had been hurt by something else.  Almost as though they were... suffering??  Allison immediately regained her energy.  No matter how seemingly insignificant the little things were, she would fix them and stop their suffering.  The two creatures would feel much better after Allison fixed them.  She prepared to cast a spell when Lel`s voice suddenly sounded in her head.
    Battle Log:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 8:13 pm

As it turned out, the pink kitty had gotten lost as soon as she had been shrunk down.  All sorts of bugs were now huge to her, and she was apparently tasty and smelled like blood.  Lel had been too scared and worried to receive Allison`s telepathic communication messages, but now she was getting them fine.  Lel told Allison to use her Nerve Needles, since apparently these enemies were weak and their legs could be easily removed with D-Rank spells.  Allison nodded to herself and then prepared to cast Nerve Needles.  She used 5% of her max MP to cast the spell itself, then used another 5% to actually make the Nerve Needles.  The needles were invisible to everyone but Allison, and she immediately summoned another 9 of them.  Now, in total, she had 18 of the needles, and she prepared to throw them.

Allison aimed at a single one of the harvestmen, the one that appeared to be limping the most.  She decided to direct two needles at each of the legs, which should do 160% D-Rank damage if she could manage to hit the correct spot, and then 100% D-Rank damage should she simply hit anywhere on the leg.  She prepared to throw them and then did so, in pairs of two, in sharp succession.  At the end of her throwing, all 8 of the harvestman`s legs were gone, it was dead and relieved of its suffering, and Allison had two needles left.  She quickly threw those at the second harvestman, taking of a single leg before it turned in her direction, angered at the loss of it`s comrade.
    Battle Log:

Last edited by Allison on 11th August 2014, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 11th August 2014, 8:24 pm

Allison then turned to the other of the harvestman and contemplated it.  It was missing a leg, so there were 7 left to go before it could die.  Or, Allison supposed, she could just aim at its body itself, although it would probably take a little more powerful of damage to crack through its armour, despite how weak it appeared to be.  Allison then sighed as she realised how silly she was being.  She immediately a disorientation orb, using up 3% of her MP.  This was the perfect spell, since the area of effect was large enough to encompass the entirety of the harvestman`s body, and it did 100% D-Rank damage in the entire area, as well as 150% in the center.  Allison took care and then aimed at the slowly approaching creature.

It was a perfectly on target hit, and hit directly in the center of the harvestman`s body.  100% D-Rank damage was immediately done all within the range, and all of the legs of the harvestman fell off.  The poor creature was put out of its misery, Allison had fixed yet a few more animals of their suffering, to her relief, and she had found Lel.  So far, this job was off to a great start, but Allison supposed that it would get harder later on as she encountered more enemies, especially larger creatures such as wasps or actual mammals like small mice or rats.  Allison sighed and then looked around, looking for Lel.  Allison had been able to hear her quite clearly, so she should be nearby.
    Battle Log:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION

Current date/time is 20th May 2024, 8:11 am