Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Solo Job : Find This Book!

Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Inuki: The Demon Dog
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,950

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Numb Angel ❅ Ice Devil
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Solo Job : Find This Book! Empty Solo Job : Find This Book!

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 7:45 am

Job Information:

After reading the job request over one more time, Allison folded it up neatly and slipped it into her pocket beside her trusty knife.  Since this was her first job, she was still a little confused on what she had to do.  However, it seemed simple enough; visit the client, complete the job, go back to the client, then go accept another job request.  Allison nodded to herself, then began the long walk to Peace Village to complete the first part of the job.  She herself did not love to read, but she could understand how the woman was sentimental about the book and was glad to help her.

As Allison arrived on the outskirts of Peace Village, she opened up the Job Request again to check the woman`s address.  After confirming that it was correct, she knocked twice on a small wooden door of a humble cottage on the edge of the village.  An elderly woman answered.

"Hi, my name is Allison, from Eclipse Soul.  I`m here to receive any additional information about the book that you may have.  I`m also here to meet you.  I like meeting new people!"  Allison accidentally let some of herself slip through the professional - type facade that she had erected in preparation for the job, and decided that it was fine.  She liked this woman, anyways.

"Oh thank you, dear,"  said the woman, as she opened the door to allow Allison to slip inside.  She asked Allison if she wanted water, and then as Allison politely declined, she was ushered into a parlor or living room type place.  The elderly woman then began explaining in more detail what she was requesting Allison to do.

Word Count : 282

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I WONDER WHEN THIS WILL ALL DISAPPEAR
    ❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

Solo Job : Find This Book! PXRL2Kd
    CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Solo Job : Find This Book! Empty Re: Solo Job : Find This Book!

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 2:12 pm

Allison sat on the sofa as the woman cleared her throat and began talking.  "The job request was to find and retrieve a certain book from the library, here in Peace Village, correct?  Allison nodded, and the woman continued.  "Anyways, the title of the book I wish for you to retrieve, for reference, is The Stars in Our Sky, by Reena DuVante.  As I have sentimental feelings about this certain book, I am very much looking forward to reading it again.  When I was young, it was my absolutely favourite of all that I had read.  I digress, but that is the reason that I have made this request to the mages` guilds.  The book is not actually about astrology, or stars.  It is about a young girl, who was about my age at the time that I was reading this, mind you, and she believes that stars are... well, I am getting off track once again.  Anyways, I simply wish for you to retrieve this book for me, hmm?"

And with that, the woman handed Allison a small card, with her picture on it.  Allison was told that it was a library card, and that she was to use it after Allison found the book, so she could remove it from the library without stealing.  After all, she was of a legal guild.  Allison accepted the card gratefully and then stepped out of the woman`s house towards the center of the village, prepared to find this book and endure whatever she had to, to get her hands on it.

Word Count : 260

_____________________________________________________________________________________

❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 2:20 pm

As she walked slowly to the village, Allison thought about why she was doing this job, exactly.  Was it for the money?  Or for the approval it would get her from her guild?  The, Allison realised she was thinking much too hard about it.  She was doing it to help the woman and make her happy, it was truly that simple.  Allison smiled to herself and continued walking happily along the road, towards the center of Peace Village.

Eventually, she arrived at a rather gigantic building that had a sign that decreed it was the public library.  Well, Allison thought.  It is certainly a beautiful place, and very large too.  It may be a challenge finding this book.  She gently pulled open the door with a loud screech, and then hopped inside to a world of dusty tomes and a place where seas of ink had been spilled.  The elderly woman had said that no matter what the title suggested, the book was not about astrology.  

So, Allison started on the side of the room where the fantasy and fiction books where, the kind of books that people who knew nothing of magic wrote.  She began going through titles, and then stopped, confused.  "Why is this book here?"  She said to herself quietly, over and over again.  The books were unrelated to the fantasy genre and were about science, fashion, and several other odd categories.  Allison stepped back, confused, when suddenly a library assistant rushed up to her and gave her the bad news.

Apparently, some teenage kids a little older than Allison had pulled a prank and mixed up all the books into the wrong sections. The library staff was busy working to put them back, but in the mean time, it would be a while before things could be found simply by looking in the right section. Allison couldn`t keep from sighing once she heard this news. Her job had all of a sudden become much harder, and it had already seemed to be a daunting challenge due to the size of the library.

Word Count : 346

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 2:30 pm

Allison sighed and walked over to the reference section of the library.  If the books are all mixed up and in the wrong places, she thought to herself, then I should start by looking in a place where I ordinarily would think it not to be.  Within the next hour and a half, Allison had gone through practically the entire library.  She was tired, and, something rather unusual for Allison, she was in a sort of bad and pessimistic mood.

She sighed heavily again and went over to take a seat on a stool sitting near one of the book shelves.  The library assistants were doing a good job of working to get everything back to normal, but Allison had periodically checked to see if any of them were putting the book away that she was looking for, and they were not.  It was proving quite a challenge to find this pesky little book, but Allison had faith that it would be found eventually.  After all, the woman would be so sad if it Allison told her it couldn`t be found...  And Allison would never let that happen. After all, what kind of person would she be if she let someone be disappointed like that?? And wasn`t it Allison`s job to stop people from being upset or hurt? She gained a new surge of energy just thinking about what would happen should she not be able to find the book, and began looking for it with new vigor and enthusiasm.

Word Count : 250

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 2:43 pm

Despite her new rush of energy, she was still not having much luck in finding the book.  So far, she had gone through literally all of the library, but it was still no where to be found!  She slumped to the floor with exhaustion and irritation, and almost debated giving up when she spotted a library helper stacking books onto a high shelf using a lift type thing.  That wasn`t want interested her, though.  What interested Allison, was the book that he was about to slip onto the shelf.  The library helper was holding the copy of The Stars in Our Sky, by Reena DuVante!  That was the book Allison had been looking for!  She had apparently forgotten to ask that man to keep an eye out for it for her, and it had slipped past her notice.  She immediately jumped to her feet and rushed over to the lift that the man was using.

"Excuse me, sir?  Um, could I please, have that book?  I`d like to check it out, you see, and I`ve been looking for it for over two hours."  Allison smiled up at him as sincerely as she could possibly smile at that moment; she really wanted the book, and didn`t want him to think that she was just trying to bother him or something.  He didn`t appear to hear her, and so she raised on her tip toes and called up to him.  Since he still didn`t appear to have heard her, she was about to call up at him again when he suddenly looked down on her.

"Oh, sorry, Miss.  I am a little hard of hearing, so I apologise for not hearing the first time you called.  I will bring the book down very shortly; please give me a minute to get down."  Allison nodded at the library assistant excitedly; she was finally going to get to find the book!  The, however, something dreadful happened...  As the man was getting down, his foot slipped, and he crashed into the cart of books next to him, showering them all over the floor and dropping the book that Allison had been looking for.

Word Count : 358

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 3:16 pm

As the man fell onto the cart and the books spilled every where, she began to peer at them with dismay.  The man had dropped the book as he had fallen, and it had disappeared somewhere into the huge pile of books new strewn every where.  Allison then realised that the man was having trouble getting up and rushed over to him.  "Oh!  Are you okay?  I`m really sorry about that, but I mean, are you okay?  I didn`t mean to make you fall!"  Allison looked him over and decided he was doing okay enough to not need fixing.  He didn`t appear to be in pain or anything, after all.  Then, she noticed some teenagers a little older than her hanging around the library, seemingly nonchalantly.

Suddenly, one of them bent over and picked up a book.  Allison had a foreboding feeling, and as the teenager turned it around so that she could just barely see the cover, her suspicions were confirmed.  It was The Stars in Our Sky, the book she was looking for.  Allison pushed a bunch of books off her lap and unsteadily got to her feet.  The teenager was silently slipping out the door, and Allison screamed at her muscles to move faster.  They were stealing the book!  Allison was outraged and jumped up, more books slipping off of her and sliding to the floor.  She took a huge step towards the door, only to slip and fall again on even more books.  She got to her feet once again, and this time made it safely to the door, angry and ready to start a fight to get her book back.

Word Count : 275

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 3:23 pm

Allison charged out the door and hit a wall of darkness and mist.  Temporarily blinded, she stumbled backwards and landed flat on her butt.  Again.  She struggled to her feet and looked around, trying to find some sort of shape in the complete and utter darkness.  Dang it, she thought to herself, How long was I inside that library?  It looks like it`s already past dark...  She shook off the feeling of disorientation and began to step forward uncertainly.  

"Hello?"  Allison called out into the darkness.  Now she was really getting annoyed.  She had spent her entire day searching for the book, only to find it and get it stolen by a bunch of teenagers.  In fact, they were undoubtedly the same ones who had pulled the original prank and wasted her time by re - arranging the library!  Allison was now rather angry, very annoyed, and ready to fight.  Someone was going to get hurt unless someone came out right away, apologised, and gave her that darn book!  She was tired of this nonsense, and that woman was probably waiting for Allison to bring back the book!  And she didn`t want to give Eclipse Soul a bad reputation when it came to job requests!  This day was going truly horribly...

Word Count: 211

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 3:49 pm

"Ok, look.  I know that you guys are bored or whatever, but I really need that stupid book for this job that I`m doing!  This really isn`t funny, I don`t care if you guys are doing this just to get your kicks or whatever, but I`m a mage and if that book isn`t here in five seconds, some one is going to get hurt!"  Allison waited impatiently and then sighed.  "1... 2... 3... 4..."  Allison paused expectantly, then rolled her eyes.  "Okay... don`t say I didn`t warn you.  Fi- five?"  Allison stopped counting / talking as a teenager seemed to appear right in front of her, without warning.

"Look, lady, we didn`t mean any harm.  We just wanted something funny to do, and we`ve been pranking this library and it`s customers for a while now.  Just keep mage stuff out of here and leave us be, kay?"  The boy stopped talking and then seemed to actually see Allison for the first time.  "Oh... wait... you`re like my age!"  The boy turned red and then threw the book at Allison and ran away into the darkness.  

Absentmindedly, Allison caught the book before it could hit the ground, and shook her head wearily.  Well, she was glad that she had finally found the book, but now she needed to get back to the woman`s house without getting lost, which would be a challenge in itself.  Allison turned and headed back into the library to check out the book that had given her so much trouble.

Word Count : 252

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 3:55 pm

After checking out the book, Allison peered through the darkness and tried to see which way she had come from.  Since she honestly couldn`t really remember, she decided to just randomly choose a path and hope that she would safely and eventually reach the elderly woman`s home.  Allison set off along a narrow dirt road that appeared to lead some where along the outskirts of the village.  She was happy that the book had finally been found, and was glad that her job was done.  Honestly, the only thing that had kept Allison looking for it was when she pictured how happy the elderly woman would be when she brought it back.  Also, she didn`t want to give her guild, Eclipse Soul, a bad reputation, especially after seeing how nice and welcoming everyone there was.  A bad reputation would do nothing but hurt people, especially others in the guild, and Allison would never want to make anyone suffer, anyways.

Allison was jerked out of her deep thinking as she suddenly tripped over a tree root and fell flat on her face in the dirt.  She almost snarled, deeply annoyed at falling yet again, but then brushed it off, sighed, and got to her feet again.  Well, at least I didn`t fall on my butt again, Allison thought.  This time it was only my face.  She peered around her curiously.  Where was she again?  Allison didn`t recall these trees or these stones being here on her first walk to the village`s center and library...

Was she lost?  Allison turned around and around, tilting her head uncertainly, until she decided that there was nothing to be done about it.  She shook her head dejectedly and decided to just keep walking until she found some where that could give her a hint as to where she was.  Something like a landmark...  But until then, Allison kept walking, and walking, and walking.

Word Count : 318

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 5:02 pm

After another half hour of walking, Allison`s seemed a bit more familiar to her.  Had she been here before?  Was she in the right place, after all?  Then, as another ten minutes went by with out her finding the elderly woman`s home, she rolled her eyes and decided it had just been her imagination, after all.  Perhaps because she`d been walking for an hour randomly in the forest, everything looked the same?  Maybe she should`ve kept track of where she was going...

Just as she was about to lose hope and slump down, she caught sight of the elderly woman`s home!  it was right on the edge of the forest, and a bit of a ways away, but Allison could still see it from her vantage point!  She was overjoyed, and practically ran through the rest of the forest to get there, tripping numerous times and getting herself all muddy.  Eventually, she was at the edge of the forest, right in front of the woman`s home.  She did a quick survey of herself and could barely keep from laughing.  Truly, she looked terrible.  Her hair was messed up, her clothes were slightly torn in some places, and she was sure she had dirt on her face.  But Allison`s smile was the biggest that one could possibly ever imagine a smile to be, and she was clutching a book under her dark trench coat, safe from all beating Allison had gone through.

Proudly, Allison marched up to the woman`s door and gave a couple loud knocks on the door.  Only after doing so did it occur to her that she had been away for quite a while, at least a few hours, and that the woman may already be sleeping by then.  But Allison continued to wait patiently, and after five minutes knocked again.

Word Count : 303

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 6th August 2014, 5:14 pm

After knocking a half - dozen more times, the door was opened and a very sleepy woman popped her head out.  After seeing Allison, her hand flew to her mouth and Allison thought that for a moment there were tears in her eyes.  The door was soon opened wide and Allison was ushered in.  The elderly woman insisted that she have some water and wash her face, which Allison accepted with a beaming smile and a proud set of her shoulders.  Yes, she had been through a lot to get this book, but she could see now that it had all been worth it.  All she had to do was look at how happy and grateful the woman was, and Allison`s aches and bruises seemed well worth it.

Later, in the parlor / living room again, Allison and the elderly woman sat down again to talk.  "Thank you so very much, dear,"  the woman said, as soon as they had both been seated.  Allison replied that it had been no problem what so ever, and she had been happy to oblige the woman.  The elder had then laughed.  "I honestly do appreciate it very much.  You see, this book is very dear to me, it was more than my favourite as a child.  When I was young, my friends and I always read this book together, as the girl inside, the main character, reminded us of ourselves so much.  We would always dream about becoming like her, dream about being one of the stars in our sky  But once again, I digress..."  The woman smiled at Allison with true happiness and almost tears in her eyes.

After being thanking her again, the elderly woman gave Allison the jewels reward and a warm hug.  "Thank you for obliging an elderly woman in her silly requests, dear,"  she said once again to Allison as the fourteen year old prepared to leave.  "It was no problem.  I`m so glad that you`re happy, that was my goal anyways."  Allison beamed at the girl and left after waving good - bye with a lot of enthusiasm.  Outside, it was dark, and the stars shone and twinkled like they kept a wonderful secret.  Allison smiled up at them, and that on the way back to the headquarters of Eclipse Soul, day dreamed about becoming one of the stars in the beautiful night sky.

Word Count : 396

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 8:18 pm