Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos)

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Quality Badge Level 1- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Time Keeper's Curse
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : The 8th Time Keeper
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Dimension Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos) Empty An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos)

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 5:26 am

Job Information:

Hidate sighed as he looked out at the expansive horizon from a village on the edge of the Forgotten Desert. He shielded his eyes and looked towards the sky. "A long walk through a desert, without any shade. Guess I should get started...". Hidate hated sunlight, as he was not accustomed to such ultraviolet light beating down on him, and was very prone to burning. He grabbed his hood and put it over his head, then began the long trek towards a supposed archeaological dig. Hidate had overheard two guild mages talking about a job that neither one wanted to do, "Boring and not interesting enough" as they had put it. Hidate however, took great interest in a possible learning experience. So, Hidate had decided to check out this "job". 'I believe they said it was about 2 miles west of the village..'. Hidate pulled out a magical lotion and rubbed it on his face. It would appear that it was some type of a magical variation of sunblock.

Last edited by SyrToxic on 29th December 2013, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos) Ilcoqc11
    Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos) Empty Re: An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos)

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 6:18 am

After about a two hour walk through this desert, Hidate began to see the excavation site the mages spoke of. It looked like somewhat reminiscent of a camp site one would find in a forest. Hidate grabbed his canteen and checked it, it was almost half empty, he raised it to his mouth and took a swig of water from it. As he got closer he could see a man running from the site. The man seemed fervid with fear. Hidate began to walk slightly faster. When the man saw him, he ran to Hidate. The man grabbed Hidate's forearms and looked at him. "Are you a mage?" Before Hidate could answer the man continued. "Please, come help us..." the man took a deep breath. "...a mage is attacking the professor." Hidate could see the beads of sweat and fear on this mans face. He looked at the excavation site and then back at the man and nodded approvingly. The man proceeded to lead Hidate towards the site. As they got closer Hidate could see some of the tents muddled together.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos) Ilcoqc11
    Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos) Empty Re: An unkown skeleton in the desert? Mission: An Archaeological Excavation! (Hidate Chronos)

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 8:07 am

"Oi, Oi! Didn'tcha hear me? We said get away from here. This site belongs to Elisehn now." said from a loud gruff voice. "I've already told you, we were here first...", this was said from a weak, soft spoken voice. Hidate heard the pair from what seemed as coming from around the front of the apparent Main Site Tent. Hidate rounded around to the front to see a well built mage, with black hair, wearing only a pair of loose fitting pants and sandals, with a headband wrapped around his head, and an old man garbed in safari-esque clothing. The mage appeared to be using his foot to keep the old man, on the ground.
    "That's the mage." The man that lead Hidate here said while pointing towards the mage. Hidate looked at the mage with a tranquil look, and stepped towards him. "I would advise you not to continue." Hidate said to the mage. The mage looked at Hidate and laughed. "And who the hell 'r you to advise me?"

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 9:11 am

"I'm a mage who believes he has business with that man you are stepping on." Hidate pointed to the old man on the ground.  "A mage eh?" The mage looked down at the old man with anger in his eyes. "So, ya called a mage out here thinking he would drive me out huh?!", the mage began to push his foot off and back on to the mans chest, as the old man grunted and gasped. "I beseech you. Stop and leave this site at once.", Hidate said as he took another step forward, looking at the old man and back to the mage again. "Ha, like I'd listen to some punk kid." The mage picked up a small rock and threw it at Hidate. Hidate lifted his left hand up and deflected the rock away with the back of his hand. The mage took his foot off of the old man with an angry scoff and grabbed a sizeably larger rock than before, likely weighing roughly 100lbs, and heaved it towards Hidate with a loud grunt.

Last edited by Hidate Chronos on 5th February 2014, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 9:39 am

Hidate held his right hand out, and turned it 90° to the right, while clenching his fist. Dimensional Mass Adjust. The air around the large rock began to distort and the rock traveled a few more inches before it dropped to the ground with a loud thud. The mage's face changed to a more rageful look. "Think your so tough huh? Try this then". The mage put his arms out and fire rose from his hands, he concentrated and made them bigger, before smashing his hands together. The two fires melded together to make a giant fireball, that came hurtling towards Hidate. He held out his right hand this time, clenched his fist, and pulled back. As he did so a large cone formed in front of Hidate. Dimension Tunnel. The dark blue, and swirling purple cone appeared a mere foot from Hidate, in the fireballs direct path. The fireball passed into the cone, and as the fireball disappeared into the cone, so to did Hidate release the cone from it's existence. Hidate looked at the mage with a quiet fire in his eyes. "You cannot win here." A worried look befell the mage's face. "Urgg... I-I'll be back!" The mage yells as he took off towards the north.

Last edited by Hidate Chronos on 18th January 2014, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 11:09 am

Hidate walked over to the old man and put out a hand to help him up. The old man grabbed Hidate's hand and steadily got up off the ground. "It's about time one of you mages showed up." The old man stood up straight, twisted his body both ways, cracking his back, and dusted himself off. "Perhaps you should sit down." Hidate said in slight concern for the old man. "Bah! I'm on the verge of a scientific breakthrough. There is no time for sitting down.", the old man looked at Hidate and introduced himself. "I, am Professor Hemsworth. You must be the mage who accepted the job posting." Prof. Hemsworth looked at Hidate with a light in his eyes. "Unfortunately, I don't believe any mage was going to accept your job. I simply overhead mages talking about the job and decided to see for myself, as I am quite the knowledge seeker myself." Hidate put folded his arms on his chest. A look of disappointment befell Prof. Hemsworth's, but then light up again at the mention of knowledge. "Ah, an academic type mage. You don't see many of those around anymore. Just brutes like the one before. Well, let me inform you about the job then, follow me."

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 29th December 2013, 1:28 pm

Hidate followed the professor into the Main Site Tent. Inside there were various different navigational tools and a globe sitting on a small wooden desk to the right, a medium sized table in the middle, and giant rolls of paper stacked up against the tent wall to the left. The professor went over to the desk and grabbed a map of the current area, and laid it down on the table. He pointed to a circle on the map and said, "Here we are now.." he then dragged his finger across the map, about an inch or so away from the circle to the west, and stopped at a triangle. "... and this is where we believe the fossil is." Hidate stared at the map intently, taking in all the details of it and noticed a small x on the map. "What's that there?", he said pointing at the x. "Ah, that's where that miserable cheat Elisehn is staying. Thinks he can call in a mage to bully us out of MY find! The gall." the prof. says with a huff. "Anyways, I'll have you helping us dig this thing up, and, should Elisehn's mage come back, to get rid of him!" Hidate nodded approvingly at the professor. "Alright then, let's get going!" The professor gathered up a few small tools and headed out of the tent, with Hidate in tow. Outside were a few workers with tools and a small cart loaded up, ready to go. "Off we go men!" Prof. Hemsworth flung an arm up into the air, gesturing them forward, as they all began to move.

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 1st January 2014, 4:44 am

After about a short 40 minutes walk, Hidate and the group finally reached the dig site. Hidate pulled out a short tin of lotion and read the information. 'NEW! Odette's Magical Sunblocking Lotion!'. Hidate turned the tin around to the back. 'Our new formula now lasts for up to 6 hours! Perfect for those days when you, just, don't, want to leave the sun's radiant sight!'. Hidate shrugged and put it back in his robe, it seems he didn't need to put anymore on for quite awhile. He looked at the dig site and saw what appeared to be a very small portion of the skeleton peeking through the sand. One of the workers already at the site ran up to the professor. "Professor, we dug up a bit of a skeleton. It's here sir." The worker pointed to the small bit of skeleton poking out, and the Professor's eyes lit up. "Oh, splendid, splendid!" He turned to the workers, and Hidate, who had arrived with him. "Let's get to work men! Remember, be gentle, lest harm comes to the skeleton!" The professor waved both his hands in the air, and the group began to move again. Hidate grabbed a shovel and began to help.

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 2nd January 2014, 6:31 am

After an hour and a half of work, Hidate and the workers managed to dig up most of the skeleton. The skeleton was about as big as an elephant, and Hidate couldn't identify what animal the skeleton belonged to. Hidate sat down against a wall that had formed as they dug down, and pulled out his canteen, and took a swig from it. He wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his robe, and looked to the sky, shielding his eyes. Hidate was about to get up when he heard a familiar gruff voice. "Oi oi! It's time for you ladies to find somewhere else to dig. Elisehn is taking this skeleton now." Hidate pulled himself slowly out of the hole and stood to face the mage that had terrorized Professor Hemsworth before he had arrived. Behind the mage stood about 6 workers. The mage saw Hidate come out of the hole and a look of contempt fell over his face. "Hehehe, I told you I'd be back."

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Hidate Chronos
    Hidate Chronos

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Hidate Chronos 5th February 2014, 10:09 am

Hidate dusted himself off as a small group of workers lifted themselves out of the hole. The mage and worker's on the far side of them looked at the group with a slightly worried look, as around 25 workers came out of the hole, brandishing pickaxes and shovels. One of the lead workers put a hand on Hidate's shoulder. "Don't worry about this kid. Thanks for helping us out earlier, but we've got this." The Professor came by and grabbed Hidate, leading him away and into the his tent. "Here you go lad." The professor handed Hidate a small sum of jewels before patting him on the back. "Thanks for the help." Hidate turned his head to look outside but the tent's flaps were shut. Hidate could hear the clanging of metal and shouts of pain from the crowd. "Now, I won't waste anymore of your time. If your interested, I'll send you a report on the findings later." The professor grabbed Hidate's hand and shook it. "That would be much appreciated." Hidate said as he let go of Hemsworth's hand and walked outside. The group of workers and the mage had left, and Hemsworth's workers were sitting around drinking water. The lead worker waved towards Hidate as Hidate began to travel out of the desert. "Later kid!"
    'This was more interesting than I thought.' He thought as he turned away from the site and walked away.

~End~

Hidate's General Theme

Battle Theme

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 8:26 pm