Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE)

RF007
    RF007

Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Eevee- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Dank Memer- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 201,772

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Asclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill: N/A

Completed EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE)

Post by RF007 30th June 2022, 5:03 pm

❝A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.❞ – by Max Planck.

Event Information and Relevant Links:

Note: Credit for the special bbcode included within this posting template goes to the user named Janneline Ariel.

It had been a while since Nikola's latest adventure, and this had involved him going to attend the recently held Spring Festival in the city of "Crocus" which served as his home base in Fiore. In this outing, he had been accompanied by three of the six monstergirl maids who constituted his personal care squad, these three being “Jeanne” who was the head of said squad, along with “Sakuya” and “Brigit” who were both her subordinates. Naturally, the three had thoroughly enjoyed themselves during this outing and had even managed to bring back several souvenirs for the great joy of their fellow estate staff who had volunteered to manage Nikola’s estate in "Crocus" while these three were away with said estate head. Since then, during the period of respite that followed, Nikola had once again gotten back to attending to his duties towards his family and the associated business group as well as the associated multinational business conglomerate. These included things like attending business meetings, meeting other high society families, and getting acquainted with their heir(s) and heiresses, overseeing as well as signing off on the developmental processes for new product lines, and so on. Additionally, he had also gotten back to his usual ongoing and ever-burgeoning mad science research efforts during this time as well and in these endeavors and in the handling of his daily life routine, he was assisted as always by his trusted and exclusively personal, 6-unit strong, maid squad made up of monstergirls of all sorts, this squad also being his personal bodyguards in any combat situations too.

So, in this manner, time marched on for him till present wherein he was relaxing in the company of said maid squad, with all of them currently lounging in recreation room section of his mansion in Crocus, the capital of Fiore which was his home base of operations. In this situation, Nikola and his maids had decided to start expanding their recreational horizons aka enjoying themselves via participating together in a slew of miscellaneous activities such as playing pool, vintage wine tasting, reading classical novels of various genres and so on in addition to simply watching the newest movie to be released in said room. However, this peaceful setup of Nikola's and consequently his pleasure-filled mood was abruptly interrupted by the distinctive notification tone from his newly acquired “iLac” that he had set for any incoming job request notification and more recently, also for any other equally important notifications, that tone being the “Voices of War”, which was the exclusive and special DLC soundtrack given only to frequent players of one of his now most favorite iLac mobile game apps, namely “Oda Nobuna’s Ambition”, as noted by his head personal maid, “Jeanne

"Master Eisenstein, it would seem that our merrymaking is to be put on hold for a while...for it would seem you have your next job in your magus work..."

To that, Nikola grimaced as he remarked, his voice clearly demonstrating his now disgruntled mindset

"Indeed...how truly irksome this is..."

However, regardless of how much he did not want to leave his beloved maid squad behind, he had no choice but to galvanize himself for leaving the pleasurable company being offered to him by his maids to attend to this. To that end, he addressed each of the members of his monstergirl maid squad in turn gently, as was his usual routine

"Ladies…though it pains me to leave your rather pleasurable company for attending to a triviality such as this…I am afraid it must be done, for in the eternal pursuit of my research, I can never have too many funds…Also, due to my heritage, I am permanently affiliated with the Ironheart Pact, so that is an additional incentive for me to undertake and complete this job request, for if I do not answer this call to arms...my ability to enjoy spending this truly pleasurable leisure time with you all as well as my all-important future research efforts and even other aspects of my life here in Fiore will likely be severely hampered in some way or another in the times to come henceforth. However, fret not, for I shall endeavor to finish this troublesome chore with all due haste so that I am able to return to you all and resume my enjoyment of your oh-so-delightful company…"

After that, Nikola gently disengaged himself from his maids and then left for his bedchambers, wherein upon arrival, he quickly set about getting ready in his usual work attire, aka that of a mad scientist magus and then headed off for the penultimate destination which was mentioned in the job request, namely to the prescribed rendezvous point wherein he was to meet up with the Ironheart Pact’s transport crew from "Minstrel" who were tasked with transporting him as quickly as possible to the ultimate destination, aka the shores of Lake Kyrie which was apparently going to serve as the battlefield for the clash between the attacking Vikings from "Iceberg" and their opponents, aka the defenders of Bellum accompanied by their allies from the Luminous Covenant which stood in opposition to the Ironheart Pact, with just as much if not more secrecy to avoid the scrutiny of any of the Luminous Covenant member forces.

It did not take Nikola too long to arrive there thanks to the upgrades he had made to his personal transport, a fully custom-order, vintage limo and since the agreed-upon locale to meet the transport crew was a secret dock in Hargeon, the port town of Fiore. Upon arrival, he sent his vintage limo back to his estate just as clandestinely as he had used it to arrive at the secret dock in Hargeon and he did this by activating the autopilot feature he had added to it recently. After that, he turned to the leader of the transport crew from Minstrel and introduced himself and inquired as well for the sake of detail confirmation, both as surreptitiously as possible to avoid

I am the mage from my family who has been charged with doing whatever I am able for assisting our Ironheart Pact allies in this battle against Bellum and the Luminous Covenant. I presume you are the transport crew from Minstrel who I was assigned to for this task ahead?

OOC:

Appearance:

EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) BLACK-JACK

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1048, TOTAL WC: 1048 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

Last edited by EISNIK003 on 18th July 2022, 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) 35To6US

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

=====

Character Files:

Character Profile ~ 1st Magic ~ +20% additional jewel bonus to jewel rewards for finishing Faction Events, from Faction Jobs, and Regular Job Endings (permanent while Rotwang is part of the Ironheart Pact faction)

=====

Character Progression Gauge:

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Dragon Slayer- A-Rank- Eevee- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Dank Memer- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet

Completed Re: EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE)

Post by RF007 30th June 2022, 5:38 pm

❝A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.❞ – by Max Planck.

Note: Credit for the special bbcode included within this posting template goes to the user named Janneline Ariel.

To Nikola’s inquiry, the leader of the transport crew from Minstrel nodded and remarked to confirm the details

Indeed we are, sir. Now then, let us be off with all due haste so that we can avoid the scrutiny of the Rune Knights and other such troublesome security groups.

With that, the matter was settled and then, Nikola was led inside the magitek stealth-capable submarine which was the ship that was to carry him to the battlefield. Fortunately, neither their movements nor their conversation was noticed by any port guards or worse, any Rune Knights members, so Nikola and the transport crew were able to head off into the open ocean without any undue delays along the way after which point, they made their way swiftly and secretly to Bellum’s shores.

So…the fires of war have begun to arise at last, as I feared…this will certainly be quite the major hindrance for my research efforts as well as my ability to secure more funds and other requisite resources for said efforts henceforth…how very troublesome, indeed…but…it cannot be helped, I suppose…

Musing thus silently, Nikola grumbled in his mind at the thought of all the impediments that this conflict between Bellum and Pergrande would be bringing to his doorstep in the foreseeable future. While he was doing this, the crew had successfully managed to reach Bellum’s shores and then sailed through the waters of Lake Kyrie to reach the designated drop point’s coordinates at which point, they alerted Nikola and warned him in the same breath

Sir, we have reached the battlefield, so our assigned task is now complete. Now it is up to you to make your way to the Ironheart Pact’s camp as well as to see this clash through from start to finish. Take heed, however, for you are not to do and/or say anything that will end up letting us or our allies down since that will undoubtedly damage Minstrel’s standing in the eyes of the Ironheart Pact faction.

Nikola could not care less about this conflict and just wanted to get it over and done with as quickly as possible, but for the sake of maintaining his façade as a proper gentleman, he nodded, affirming that he had heard their warning and taken it to heart. Then, after they left, he made his way as covertly as possible across the Western Grasslands in Bellum and then to the Ironheart Pact’s camp. There, he was met by the Viking forces from Iceberg alongside whom he was assigned to fight in this clash.

OOC:

NOTE: ROLLING 3X FOR IRONHEART PACT ALLIED NPCS

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 426, TOTAL WC: 1474 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie

=====

Character Files:

Character Profile ~ 1st Magic ~ +20% additional jewel bonus to jewel rewards for finishing Faction Events, from Faction Jobs, and Regular Job Endings (permanent while Rotwang is part of the Ironheart Pact faction)

=====

37%
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 30th June 2022, 5:38 pm

The member 'EISNIK003' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) NXDHjfc EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 1st July 2022, 6:38 pm

As Nikola neared the Ironheart Pact’s camp, his keen senses quickly picked up the presence of the Viking welcome party coming towards him, namely one that consisted of a lone “Berserker” unit accompanied by four “Assassin” units.

Oh my, the welcoming party is already here? That was certainly a swift response from them, though I suppose it is only to be expected since they would obviously be on highest alert status due to this being a battlefield…

Musing thus silently, Nikola raised a hand in silent greeting as he walked towards the welcoming party who, for their part, met him halfway along the path to the camp and then greeted him, albeit even more coldly than he had expected of them, with the spokesperson being the “Berserker” of said group

What is the Minstrel party thinking, sending such a callow boy to do a man’s job?! This one does not look as though he would be useful at all!!

Saying thus, the “Berserker” of said group laughed uproariously and in turn, caused the four “Assassins” to follow suit as well, but even though he was being mocked at present, Nikola kept his composure and made sure to maintain his well-practiced and utterly natural-seeming polite businessman’s smile on his thin lips the whole time as he remarked in response

Callow though I may be in the art of war, I recommend that you reserve your judgement of my combat prowess and the associated talents until after you have seen me in action, gentlemen.

With that said, Nikola fell silent and waited patiently for whatever was going to happen next. Thankfully, he did not have to wait too long, however, since the “Elder” of the Viking forces who had been in the camp and heard the raucous laughter of his men came out to reprimand said subordinates with a chillingly disapproving look on his wizened countenance as Nikola looked on with that same inscrutable expression on his face

Indeed, you should never underestimate someone just because they happen to look inexperienced to you all. Besides, whether we like the idea of him tagging along with us in this battle, he is here to stay as per the orders of our Ting, so deal with it!!

Upon hearing that, the “Berserker” as well as the four “Assassins” of said group all fell deathly silent and bowed in apology to Nikola. Then, as Nikola watched, he saw the “Elder” turn to him and explain

I hope you can forgive them, but you see, we the people of Iceberg value strength and skill above all else for that is all we know…and we are a rather wary lot as well, unwilling to trust those of unproven mettle.

After that, Nikola nodded in acknowledgement and remarked with a smirk in response to the “Elder

Understandable, I suppose this harsh perspective is naught but a product of being born and raised in a harsh and nigh-inhospitable environment such as that of Iceberg. That aside, I suggest we dispense with the idle chatter and focus our attention on the battle to come, oh great 'Elder'.

With that, the conversation came to an end and then, Nikola was led over to the Ironheart Pact’s camp, following behind the “Elder” and his subordinates. Once there, he took a seat and waited patiently for whatever was going to happen next.

I wonder, have they thought about sending out scouts to survey the situation yet? This “Elder” looks quite competent, so the probability of that is rather high, or should be high, anyway…

Musing thus, Nikola waited silently for the scouts, if there were any, to come back and report the battlefield situation to all present in the Ironheart Pact camp. Fortunately, he did not have to wait long for that is exactly what happened about an hour after his arrival. The scouting party walked in and after bowing to the “Elder” who was the leader of the forces there, they laid out a battlefield map with the enemy units highlighted along with their positions as well as numerical strengths listed therein.

OOC:

NOTE: ROLLING 10X FOR BELLUM/LUMINOUS COVENANT ENEMY NPCS

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 681, TOTAL WC: 2155 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

Last edited by EISNIK003 on 1st July 2022, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 1st July 2022, 6:38 pm

The member 'EISNIK003' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) R2fEWNz EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) R2fEWNz EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) R2fEWNz EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) OdAaNwh EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) R2fEWNz EMBERS - THE BEGINNING OF CONFLICT (NIKOLA, SOLO, COMPLETE) R2fEWNz
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 3rd July 2022, 6:57 pm

As the “Berserker” and the 4 “Assassins” became quite excited at the prospect of having to face down the massive army of 15 “Border Guards” and 10 “Crusaders” from the opposing Belian side, in contrast, Nikola merely let out a brief exasperated sigh while shaking his head. Then, he refocused his attention on the challenge looming so ominously over him and then turned to the “Elder” of the Viking forces while inquiring

Given the enormity of the enemy forces, is there perhaps any chance that you will be leading our forces alongside me, Nikola Eisenstein, into this fray, oh great Elder?

In asking the Elder this, Nikola was hoping but not at all expecting said “Elder” of the Viking forces to reply in the positive. True to form, the Elder’s reply turned out to be exactly what he had expected after he had completed his perusal and his subsequent battlefield situational analysis with all salient elements therein

Alas, my attention is required elsewhere, Herr Eisenstein. Therefore, you alone will be the leader of the forces from this camp into this battle...and before you ask, all we can spare for you in terms of units are that Berserker and the four Assassins who first greeted you when you came to our camp.

Nikola had been about to ask about the forces he would be given as aid, but it seemed that the “Elder” was one step ahead of him in war planning, at least from what Nikola could make out from said Elder’s preemptive comment about the forces that would be assigned to back Nikola up in the upcoming battle against the Belian forces

So, the personnel data that I had read about the Elder on the way here was true after all, he really is a veteran, in both situational analysis as well as battle tactics…though I must say, this is truly a deplorable force to be given command of, numerically speaking, anyway…how troublesome indeed…

Musing thus silently, Nikola grumbled at the Elder while still admiring his sagacity and experience level, but naturally, he knew better than to show his emotions, and so, he maintained that practiced and natural-seeming inscrutable expression on his face throughout his conversation with the Elder, lest his indiscretion end up souring relations between him and his Viking allies, albeit not because he truly cared about their emotional status or their impression of him, but rather for the more pragmatic reason that souring relations between them would inevitably end up making his job of taking down the Belian forces that much more difficult. With that said, the Elder bade Nikola and his assigned Viking comrades to discuss their plans for taking out the much larger Belian enemy forces and then to head out for carrying out said task while also instructing said Viking comrades to obey Nikola’s orders for the sake of ease of conducting battlefield operations.

Well, this is going to be truly irksome, but I suppose it cannot be helped…I only have one rook and four knights at my disposal…so I had better be careful in their deployment and employ every measure of my guile and tactical talent to accomplish this goal…so perhaps all those training sessions that I had been made to undertake with that one elite veteran strategist during my younger years were not a complete waste of my time and energy…

Musing thus, Nikola and his squad headed to a separate section of the camp to discuss their plans for the battle ahead. It took a while for them to arrive at a mutual understanding, but somehow Nikola and his squad managed to arrive at a practicable level of synchronicity. Specifically, it was decided that it was imperative to trick the enemy into lowering their guard and Nikola suggested his idea accordingly

Perhaps it would be wise for one of us to pose as an injured civilian so that we can cause the enemy to lower their guard and approach, at which point, the rest of us would be able to successfully ambush these opposing unsuspecting targets from our hiding spot among the thick cover of grass in this environment, and in doing so, we can hopefully terminate these entrapped enemies swiftly enough that they cannot call for reinforcements…

Then, Nikola saw the one “Berserker” and the 4 “Assassins” looked at each other and then back at him and then one of the 4 “Assassins” remarked in response

That is a viable option…However, in that case, my brothers and I cannot play this role convincingly enough…which means…

Nikola nodded, understanding what the “Assassin” was implying, and then replied to him

Indeed, I shall be the decoy, but instead of simply feigning injury…I could convince them to take me back to their camp for treatment and then attack them when their backs are turned away to prepare for said trip…and thus, I could soften them up for the lot of you, if not completely strike them down on my own…That said, this requires precision timing for it to be truly effective…so perhaps it would be prudent to lay out all the cards we have on the table, so to speak…

OOC:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 859, TOTAL WC: 3014 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 3rd July 2022, 7:55 pm

Then, Nikola informed his squad of 1 “Berserker” and 4 “Assassins" about his abilities, spells, techniques, and so on while for their part, the 1 “Berserker” and 4 “Assassins" informed him about their own abilities and techniques. After that, Nikola and his squad finished discussing the rest of the battle plans for this skirmish and then proceeded to modify Nikola’s appearance to make him appear to be a convincingly grievously injured civilian who had strayed onto the battlefield unwittingly.

Alright, now that I look the part of the injured civilian…perhaps it would be wise for us to split up into teams within the squad, say, me and two of you Assassins while the other two will go with the Berserker here…

With that, the plans were set in motion and accordingly, the two Assassins who were teamed up with him snuck out, blended with the shadows via their special ability, and then waited for Nikola to head out to the designated ambush spot. Upon doing that, Nikola activated one of his techniques, specifically his “Medicosurgical Art – Physician’s Eye” to enhance his striking power for the next brief while and then, using all the knowledge and experience he had received via his training in the theatrical arts, he staggered up to the two squads of 3 “Border Guards” each who were patrolling that area with the apparent gait and body language of a nigh-mortally injured individual, and for good measure, he called out to them in a feeble voice

P-Please…h-help me…I-I’ve been att…acked…

After that, he collapsed in a heap a few steps away from the two squads of 3 “Border Guards” each, causing them to draw near, albeit with a minor degree of wariness. Then, as Nikola lay there, looking vulnerable and apparently near unconscious, said enemies flipped him over and examined him before reprimanding him upon seeing his severely bruised and bloodied appearance overall

Who are you, stranger?! What were you thinking, walking into this battlefield as you did?! This is not some picnic area, you know?!

Upon hearing that, Nikola did not respond immediately, but instead pushed himself to a semi-sitting position, staggering and almost falling multiple times in the process, only to vomit what seemed like blood from his mouth (which was just blood from a blood capsule that he had stored in his cheek earlier, of course) after which point, he explained in that same feeble voice from before

S-Sor…ry…I-I wa…s pas..sing through on my…wa-way…to the oth…er side of this ar…ea…to…me..et my fam…ily…

Seeing that, the “Border Guards” recoiled slightly before softening their expressions and speaking to him in a much gentler tone than before

Alright then, just remember to never wander about through such a dangerous area again…now, wait here while we contact our medics to come get you.

Nikola nodded, seemingly with great difficulty and then, after vomiting some more blood from his mouth, he began to turn over in an apparent attempt to rise to his feet, but then collapsed in a heap

What happened to you anyway, stranger?

Nikola heard the 6 “Border Guards”, each of whom were now close enough within melee reach of him, ask him and to that he responded just as feebly if not more than before, and this time coughing and wheezing to make his act more convincing

I-I wa-s…att…acked by so…me Ice…berg nat…tives…sudd..enly…an…d so, I-I h-ha…d no time…or c-cha…nce…to…ge…t..away…

To that, the 6 “Border Guards” nodded with disapproving looks on their faces while remarking

As expected of those Iceberg scum…how despicable…Okay, we shall contact our medics and arrange for them to transport you.

After that, Nikola saw the 6 “Border Guards” turn away from him and start waving their arms to call over their medic team so that they could help him get treatment.

OOC:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 630, TOTAL WC: 3644 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 4th July 2022, 11:58 am

Nikola continued to lay there while continuing to feign severe injury to his person and when he confirmed that all 6 “Border Guards” were turned away such that they would not be able to react quickly enough to his next intended move, he activated the second of his techniques, namely the one called “Medicosurgical Art –  Defibrillating Strike: 6 Palms”, in the one-two punch strategy that he had devised for this phase of his side’s war strategy. Then, he leaped up to a standing position and quickly attacked each of the 6 “Border Guards” once with a series of electrifying open-palm strikes, all executed from behind. Fortunately, his aim was true and consequently, he ended up dealing just enough electrical damage to kill off each of 6 “Border Guards” before they could call for help, though their anguished cries due to being electrocuted with such a high-voltage electrical attack so unexpectedly did resound across the battlefield.

Phase 1…complete.

Nikola mused silently thus as he wasted no time in rushing off into the obscurant cover of the lush grass that seemed to dominate the landscape of the “Western Grasslands” area of Bellum which was currently serving as the battlefield hosting the conflict between his Viking allies and their Belian enemies. It was a wise decision for him to have done so, for no sooner than he had withdrawn from that spot, another 4 “Border Guards” showed up to scout the area since they presumably heard the blood-curdling cries of pain uttered by their slain comrades just moments earlier.

You three, fan out and keep your eyes open, for those cries…

As Nikola listened to them while carefully concealing himself from detection in the thick grass on one side of that area, he heard one of the 4 “Border Guards” trail off from instructing the other two as the corpses of their comrades came into full view and naturally, this caused them to become quite enraged, especially when they saw the rather nasty electrical burns that were present all over the exposed parts of said corpses.

What?! Who in blazes did such a terrible thing to our comrades?! I swear here and now, that we shall make the responsible miscreant(s) pay dearly for this sin!!

Nikola heard that same “Border Guard” exclaim in a rather belligerent tone and then as he listened onward, he heard the other 3 “Border Guards” concur with that sentiment while ranting and raving onwards about what they would do to the one responsible for killing their comrades so brutally just now. Unfortunately for them, however, while the four of them were busy being angry and ranting about their revenge plans, Nikola set about giving a silent signal to the four “Assassins” of his squad, all of whom were currently hiding in strategically advantageous locations in the nearby and camouflaged near-perfectly thanks to the combination of their special stealth abilities as well as the cover provided by the grass that coated said area thickly. A split second later, the characteristic sound of four razor-sharp throwing daggers whizzing through the air could be heard, albeit only for a moment and in the next, they had struck through each of the 4 “Border Guards”, the first clear through his throat while the second took the dagger attack through the heart whereas the third was killed by the dagger slicing clear through their lungs, and the fourth dying from the dagger striking sideways through their head and exiting out the other side.

Phase 2…complete…what a foolhardy bunch this one was, letting their emotions control them in such a hazardous locale as this…

Nikola mused silently as he saw each of the 4 “Border Guards” in this round dying where they stood due to the swift and ruthless throwing dagger strikes executed by each of the 4 “Assassins” of his squad. This time, however, the now-dead “Border Guard” targets were not able to utter their dying cries to alert their allies due to the chilling frostbite induced by their injuries from the “Assassins” and their daggers which they all succumbed to just now due to their enormous advantage given to Nikola and his squad via the element of surprise.

So, at this point, Nikola and the 4 “Assassins” along with the 1 “Berserker” all stepped out of the grass cover that they had been using as a hiding spot till now and swiftly ran to the second of their predetermined hiding spots closer to the remaining enemies, namely the 5 “Border Guards” and 10 “Crusaders” who were stationed further away from this area they were at currently.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • 6 of 15 “Border Guards” killed by Nikola Eisenstein via the employment of the combination of his “Medicosurgical Art – Physician’s Eye” technique and his “Medicosurgical Art – Defibrillating Strike: Six Palms” technique for a total of 119 HP damage dealt to each of the 6 “Border Guards” (85 HP base w/ 41% Technique Damage Boost = 119 HP total dealt to each enemy, which is 19 HP higher than the 100 HP base of each “Border Guard)

Border Guards:

• 4 of 9 remaining “Border Guards” killed by 4 Clan Grauwolf “Assassins by each using a combination of their “Northgleam Shadows” Passive stealth ability alongside their “Frostmist Knife” ability, with 1 “Assassin” targeting 1 “Border Guard” each and dealing 150 HP damage to each of these (which is 50 HP higher than the 100 HP base of each “Border Guard”).

Total Border Guards Remaining at present: 5 of 15, Total Crusaders remaining at present: 10 of 10.

-----

Allies (4 of 4 “Assassins” remaining till present along with 1 of 1 “Berserker” remaining till present):
    • Assassins (the below “Assassin” stat changes and ability usage notes apply to each of the 4 “Assassins” in Nikola’s Squad)  
      Assassin:

Abilities Used:

Northgleam Shadows:

Frostmist Knife:

-----

• Berserker:
      Berserker:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 765, TOTAL WC: 4409 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 6th July 2022, 8:06 pm

After Nikola and his squad which was of 1 “Berserker” unit and 4 “Assassin” units reached their intended locale from where they planned to launch the next wave of their assault against their Belian enemies, they wasted no time in ducking into a small clearing amidst the lush and obscurant grass carpet that coated this area just as it did the previous area.

So, there are 5 “Border Guard” enemy units left, but these have been positioned far too close to the 10 “Crusader” enemy units for us to effectively put out a single stage assault wave like the one we used to kill off their comrades before…

Nikola started off the discussion thus about how best to take down their remaining enemies but did so in as covert a tone as possible to avoid being detected by their enemies. To that, Nikola heard one of his 4 “Assassin” units remark while gesturing to their mutual “Berserker” allied unit

Well, our brother-in-arms here is quite the durable warrior, you see. Perhaps, he can be the vanguard to break through their ranks and sow disarray to prepare them for our follow-up strike?

Then, Nikola saw said “Berserker” nodding in acquiescence with this idea and so, he pondered the idea for a tad longer, at which point, a modification to said idea came to mind

Perhaps I can facilitate the breakup of their squad by using a special device of mine which I have designed and constructed recently…and perhaps it would be wise to use a decoy pair to draw the “Border Guard” units away from the “Crusaders” as well by causing a commotion and afterwards, the rest of us can strike them from the opposite direction in a sort of pincer attack?

Nikola suggested thus to his squad, and they nodded in response, accepting his modification to the group’s overall plan. Then, with 2 of the 4 “Assassin” units of his squad in tow, with the latter till moving silently with their “Northgleam Shadows” ability, he sprinted away, while making as much noise as possible within the thick grass cover till he was several meters away from the “Berserker” and the remaining 2 “Assassin” units in his squad. As expected, the “Border Guards” and the “Crusaders” noticed this and then the guards were order by the crusaders to chase down the source of that noise and movement.

Thus, Nikola and his 2 “Assassin” units led the 5 remaining “Border Guards” away from the 10 “Crusader” units to a point which separated the two enemy squads by about 100 m. Then, Nikola and his 2 “Assassin” units stopped abruptly and crouched down, causing their pursuers to become confused and to stop and look around for their prey.

This should be enough distance from them, methinks…and now…

Nikola mused as he silently activated his “Portable Microbiology Lab (Designation: Pandora’s Box Mk-I)” Requip spell to generate a futuristic grenade which he then threw at the 5 “Border Guards” after circling to a point which was about 30 m away from the 2 “Assassin” units, which put him in the left side’s grass cover while the 2 “Assassin” units remained hidden in the right side’s grass cover. Of course, the 5 “Border Guards” were now distracted by the sight of the grenade flying up out of the grass to a point right over their heads, thus providing Nikola the split second he needed to activate one of the grenade device’s abilities, this one being “Virogenesis – Zombification Virus (Designation: Vrykólakaviridae Mk-I)”, which was designed to afflict its targets with life-draining, artificially induced progeria.

This manifested itself in the form of a thick plume of amethyst smoke cloud which spewed out to engulf the 5 “Border Guards” who then began to rapidly age and decay due to this ability’s effect, and at that point, Nikola activated the second of his spells to prepare for attacking the now decrepit 5 “Border Guards”. This spell he activated was one of his special combat suits, namely the one which he liked to call “Datakinetic Art – Variable Combat System α (Designation: Jäger Mk-I)”. This silently and swiftly covered him with this combat suit and generated the sniper rifle with its scope in his hands as well. Meanwhile, the 5 “Border Guards” were busy lamenting and cursing the responsible party (i.e., Nikola) for their fate

Wha…t…in…Arcanos’ name…is this…hideous thing?! Who…ever…is…res…ponsible…will…p…ay.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • 5 of 15 “Border Guards”, each afflicted with 5% HP per post drain effect due to “Virogenesis – Zombification Virus (Designation: Vrykólakaviridae Mk-I)” ability of Nikola’s “Portable Microbiology Lab (Designation: Pandora’s Box Mk-I)” Requip spell (1 of 5 posts elapsed thus far, for each).

Border Guards:

Total Border Guards Remaining at present: 5 of 15, Total Crusaders remaining at present: 10 of 10.

-----

Allies (4 of 4 “Assassins” remaining till present along with 1 of 1 “Berserker” remaining till present):
    • Assassins (the below “Assassin” stat changes and ability usage notes apply to each of the 4 “Assassins” in Nikola’s Squad)  

Assassin:

Abilities (NOTE: NOT USED DURING THIS POST):

Northgleam Shadows:

Frostmist Knife:

-----

• Berserker:
      Berserker:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 731, TOTAL WC: 5140 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 13th July 2022, 6:53 pm

Nikola and his 2 “Assassin” units watched on with utmost vigilance as their current enemies, aka the 5 “Border Guard” units from the opposing side tried in vain to dissipate the smoke from the grenade that Nikola had thrown at them earlier. In their desperation to blast away the noxious smoke, each of the 5 could be seen launching 5 magic arrow projectiles each for a total of 25 bolts, albeit completely blindly since they could not see clearly through the opaque, thick smoke cloud that was still engulfing them.

We could ward these off, but…then we would risk tipping these 5 off about our true location…Herr Eisenstein, since we have seen your tactical prowess up till now…what would you think is best for us to do here?

Nikola heard his allies say in the covert tone from before as they inquired of him about what to do next in this situation to come out of it successfully

Well, those projectiles possess too great of a velocity and number for us to outrun successfully, but they do not seem to have any debilitating effects from what I can see of them, so it would be best to simply take them head on while galvanizing ourselves as far as realistically possible to soldier on through the pain that they will undoubtedly inflict upon us at impact …besides, thanks to the thick smoke from my grenade obscuring their line of sight, it is reasonable to conclude that most of these blindly fired magic bolts will actually miss us…which is fortunate since I do not yet have the power to heal these injuries…

Nikola suggested in the covert tone from before with a thoughtful expression on his face and then paused briefly after which point, he continued

That said, we cannot delay any longer…it is imperative for us to eliminate these 5 enemies with all due haste and as stealthily as possible so they do not have any chance to alert their “Crusader” allies waiting for their return…else the battle against them will become far too difficult even with all of us attacking in unison…so let us all be ready to leap into the fray once the smoke clears…

With that, it was decided that Nikola as well as his 2 “Assassin” allied units would simply stay put and endure the enemy onslaught. It was fortunate that they came to that decision as quickly as they did, for a moment later, the 25 magic bolts fired by the “Border Guard” platoon rained down upon them from on high. Thankfully, due to the errant firing of these bolts and due to the thick, slippery grass cover within which Nikola and his 2 “Assassin” allied units had been hiding till then to conceal their presence from the enemy, 21 of the 25 magic bolts fired at them missed them completely. Despite that, due to their large number, 4 of those bolts did make it through, albeit only by sheer chance rather than by accuracy and precision of the shot, causing Nikola to frown briefly at the sight while musing silently

Here they come…o ye Norns, Verðandi and Skuld, please watch over us during this ordeal…

After offering up that silent prayer to his Muses, Nikola braced himself for the incoming pain and then was hit by 2 of the magic bolts while each of his 2 “Assassin” allied units were hit once each by 1 magic bolt each, causing them all to briefly grunt due to the searing pain from the piercing wounds inflicted on them raced through their bodies from the impact site, but due to them having mentally prepared themselves for this beforehand, they each forced themselves through a superhuman force of will to remain silent and endure the pain without any further pained cries and thus managed to avoid detection by the “Border Guard” enemies for the time being. After that, Nikola provided non-healing, preventative type first aid to himself and his 2 “Assassin” allied units to prevent death by bleed out.

After they had staunched their bleeding wounds (without healing them), Nikola and the rest prepared themselves by activating their respective abilities, with Nikola activating his “Datakinetic Art – Variable Combat System γ (Designation: Schneider Mk-I)” and using it to replace his earlier power suit (i.e., Datakinetic Art – Variable Combat System α (Designation: Jäger Mk-I)) since this new close combat power suit had more offensive power at the cost of forcing him to fight up close and also because the previous one’s defensive capability was all used up due to protecting him from the magic bolt assault from earlier. Meanwhile, his 2 “Assassin” allied units prepared each of their “Iceshatter Strike” abilities for the upcoming counterstrike.

Alright, time for checkmate…

After that was done, while musing thus silently, Nikola activated his power suit’s “Datakinetic Art – Photonic Step: Heavenly Stride” ability to flash forth from the cover of the thick grass carpet wherein he had been hiding and when he finished closing the gap between him and the 5 “Border Guard” enemy units, he attacked each of them once each with his power suit’s “Datakinetic Art – Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” ability. Alas, due to the smoke clearing slightly from their earlier ranged attack, 2 of the 5 “Border Guard” enemies saw him coming just in time to evade his attacks on them, but the other 3 were not so fortunate and thus, were slain by his fierce slashing attack. That said, his frontal assault upon the “Border Guard” enemy platoon served to distract them just enough that they did not notice Nikola’s 2 “Assassin” allied units approaching them stealthily from behind and thus, the 2 remaining “Border Guard” enemies who had been previously fortunate enough to evade Nikola quickly fell prey to the “Assassin” units’ “Iceshatter Strike” ability, thus killing them off just as quickly and completely as had been their other 2 comrades.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • 3 of 5 “Border Guard” enemy units slain by Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack and 2 of 5 “Border Guard” enemy units slain by Nikola’s allied “Assassin” units via their “Iceshatter Strike” attacks.

Border Guards:

Total Border Guards Remaining at present: 0 of 15, Total Crusaders remaining at present: 10 of 10.

-----

Assassin:

Abilities Used:

Northgleam Shadows:

Iceshatter Strike:

-----

• Berserker:
      Berserker:

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 986, TOTAL WC: 6126 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

Last edited by EISNIK003 on 16th July 2022, 10:16 am; edited 12 times in total

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 14th July 2022, 6:22 pm

Nikola and his 2 “Assassin” allied units rested for a bit and then headed back to where they had left their 1 “Berserker” allied unit and the remaining 2 “Assassin” allied units with the intention of planning for the execution of the final push against their enemies, namely the takedown of the 10 “Crusader” enemy units who had remained on standby while commanding their “Border Guard” subordinates to fight all this time. Naturally, as before, throughout this round, all of them made sure to stay far enough away from the location of the 10 “Crusader” enemy units and deeply hidden within the thick grass cover which blanketed all parts of their current battlefield to avoid premature detection by said enemies.

Now begins the true battle…this is going to be truly irksome…as the data on these enemies suggests that they have some sort of rather formidable defensive protection upon their persons…

Nikola mused silently thus while frowning ever so slightly and beetling his brows as he set his mind to concentrate on the task at hand, namely, figuring out how to eliminate each of the 10 “Crusader” enemy units effectively and swiftly while ensuring that he and his Viking allies would each stay alive through the whole ordeal. After contemplating the various possibilities and strategies that he could employ for the purposes of coordinating his combat efforts with said Viking allies for several minutes, Nikola spoke up, albeit still as covertly as possible in the interests of maintaining their cover

These enemies are much more durable than the “Border Guard” enemies whom we slew before now…so they will require a more specialized and deliberate approach…for methinks we were onto something with our earlier plan for the “Berserker” here to smash apart their ranks like a spear through fodder…but, before that, they are too closely packed for this strategy to work effectively since each of them can come to their besieged comrades’ aid…and thus, we need to employ the same “divide and conquer” strategy that we used to such great effect against the “Border Guard” enemies whom we slew before now…so, have you any thoughts and/or queries about this?

To this, Nikola’s 1 “Berserker” allied unit and the 4 “Assassin” allied units nodded, signaling their acquiescence to his suggested strategy. After ensuring that they were following his narrative, Nikola continued it, still speaking as covertly as possible

So, now that we all have an accord…here is how we will be going about the elimination of these enemies of ours…we have to lure each of them away, 1 or the most, 2, at a time only to maximize our chances of success while still maintaining a relatively decent rate of attrition against them…and once we have lure the two away, then the “Berserker” will fall upon them like a bolt from the blue and distract them with a frontal assault while doing as much damage as possible to whittle down their defensive armor…and simultaneously, 2 of you 4 “Assassins” will use your “Northgleam Shadows” ability to approach and strike them from their blind spots to finish them off if the job has not already been done completely. I will hang back and play a more supportive role as well as be waiting on standby to assault them in case they attempt to flee from the scene…then we can repeat this procedure as necessary to take out the remainder of these “Crusader” enemies, and the remaining 2 will be reserve units.

With that, it was decided and then Nikola went forth to act as the bait for the “Crusader” enemies who acted just as cautiously as he predicted they would after having noticed that each of their “Border Guard” comrades fell to Nikola and his team, namely, when 5 of the 10 tried to pursue Nikola, their leader who was part of the 5 that remained wary stopped the impetuous 5 from acting rashly. Instead, he ordered exactly 2 of his 9 subordinates to give chase to Nikola, but Nikola was too quick for them to catch easily, and he stayed well outside their range thanks to him using his “Heavenly Stride” ability.

Thus, by constantly staying just outside their reach while taunting them into a religious blood frenzy by insulting their god, “Arcanos” since he knew how devout these “Crusader” enemies were to said deity, Nikola was able to tempt them further down this reckless path he was leading them on towards the deadly trap that he and his Viking allies had set for them. Meanwhile, his Viking allies chosen for this task, namely the 1 “Berserker” and 2 “Assassin” units, waited in the obscurant cover of the thick grass carpet that blanketed the battlefield in this area, but on opposite ends of the path that Nikola was leading the 2 “Crusader” enemies on at present.

Here we come…I feel like the pawn in the “Climbing Silver” strategy…good grief, this is certainly becoming tedious…mental note to future self, ‘develop more armor-piercing spells, techniques, and abilities henceforth to handle such enemies if they should come up again…

Nikola mused silently while heading down the path as swiftly as ever while ensuring that his prey was still keenly intent on pursuing him. Soon, he was near the spot and so, he suddenly ducked into the cover of the grass on the side of the path, thus momentarily confusing his pursuers as per the plan he had devised with his Viking allies. Then, a split second afterward, Nikola’s “Berserker” allied unit leaped out of the cover of the grass with a deafening and frightening war cry while activating his “Winterborne Fury” ability to power himself up and then slammed his twin axes down onto 1 of the 2 still stymied “Crusader” enemies, hacking away at him with a feral fury, hitting him a total of 2 times with each of his 2 axes, and thus made quick work of killing him off.

Impressive, the data I had received and perused about these “Berserker” units were true after all…I am certainly glad to be on their side of this battle…

Nikola mused thus silently as he watched the “Berserker” ally of his take down 1 of the 2 “Crusaders” singlehandedly and then refocused his attention on the remaining one while glancing at the 2 “Assassin” units who were remaining at the ready besides him. They, in turn, nodded silently and circled around through the dense grass cover while for his part, he raced forth out of the grass as the remaining “Crusader” proceeded to attack the “Berserker” to seek vengeance for his comrade’s violent death just now. So, taking advantage of this, Nikola slashed at the aggressive “Crusader from the side and managed to land a blow, but it had little effect on said “Crusader” thanks to his armor absorbing the impact, but that was already accounted for in Nikola’s calculations for this first round of this second fight series. To follow up his attack, the 2 uninjured “Assassin” allied units of his used their “Northgleam Shadows” ability in conjunction with their “Frostmist Knife” abilities on the “Crusader” at hand simultaneously, piercing him through from both sides with their frost-bearing, razor-sharp daggers which they threw at him, and thus this “Crusader” also met his end at their hands.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • Enemies Killed Thus Far: 15 of 15 “Border Guard”. Enemies Remaining at Start of this Round: 10 of 10 “Crusader”.

Crusader:

• Battle Log Update:

“Crusader 1”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 400 HP (from 4x “Berserker” Melee Attack, each worth 240 HP per hit [due to “Winterborne Fury” effect of +100% to Strength (Melee Damage) of “Berserker” unit, i.e., 120 HP base x 2 = 240 HP]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left.

“Crusader 2”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 102 HP (from Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack) = 298 HP – 300 HP (from 2x “Frostmist Knife” ability worth 150 HP each, (one “Frostmist Knife” ability from each of 2x “Assassin”) = 0 HP of 400 HP remaining.

“Crusader” enemies remaining henceforth: 8 of 10

Allies:
    • ”Berserker” uses “Winterborne Fury” which lasts 2 posts (1 of 2 posts elapsed thus far) and gives +100% boost to his Strength (Melee Damage) for this period

Berserker:

• ”Assassin” units 3 and 4 (previously inactive and now active) each use “Frostmist Knife” costing each of them 100 SP.

Assassins 3 and 4 (ACTIVE):

Assassins 1 and 2 (INACTIVE):

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1212, TOTAL WC: 7338 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 16th July 2022, 12:21 pm

After Nikola and his squad had killed off the first 2 of the 10 “Crusader” enemies, they again dove deep down into the obscurant cover of the lush grass that carpeted the battlefield in that area. A few moments later, they realized how wise it was to have made that choice to conceal themselves again, for another squad of “Crusader” enemies showed up, with the number being 3 this time, presumably to search for their missing allies, aka the 2 “Crusader” units who had died earlier, unbeknownst to them.

This is certainly fortunate…now neither my team nor I will have to expend the effort of luring them towards our death trap…

With that thought in mind, Nikola nodded silently to the “Berserker”, signaling him to advance to take out the new enemies so that Nikola and the others could stay behind and recover from their earlier battle. Naturally, since said ally of his prided himself on being true to form, he was only too happy to take Nikola up on his suggestion. Once that was settled, as Nikola and the 4 “Assassin” allied units looked on, the “Berserker” waited for the opportune moment for performing his strike. Luckily, that chance soon came since the 3 enemy “Crusader” units spread out to search for their comrades who had just now gone MIA (although they apparently did not yet realize that said comrades were KIA and not simply MIA). Once Nikola saw that they were far enough apart from each other that they could not simply rush to each other’s defense, he nodded to the “Berserker” who then leaped out of the grass cover and pounced on his first prey, the 1 “Crusader” who was nearest to him. Naturally, thanks to the “Berserker” still having his “Winterborne Fury” ability active, he was able to make quick work of said enemy “Crusader” with the same method as before, namely, twin strikes with each of his 2 axes and again, fortune favored him with the element of surprise leaving little to no time for the enemy “Crusader” to get out of the way of this ferocious onslaught. Thus, 1 of the 3 “Crusader” enemies present in this area was killed off successfully.

Hey, where did our comrade go? He is taking too long to rendezvous…The commander is not going to be happy about this turn of events…

Nikola and his squad heard 1 of the 2 remaining “Crusader” enemies say to his comrade and then they heard the other one of the 2 remark in response

I do not know…he was headed in that direction the last time I saw him…maybe he is crouched in the grass and looking for our fallen comrades? So, perhaps we should check over there…

Nikola and his squad heard the second of the two “Crusaders” finish thus and then they saw the first nodding in acquiescence after which point, both “Crusader” enemies drew closer together in a meager attempt to put up a defense against any unsavory surprises that might be waiting for them. Seeing this, Nikola nodded to the 4 “Assassins” who then scattered to the 4 corners of the area they were in currently in the shape of a square perimeter stealthily using their “Northgleam Shadows” ability and then, while staying on the move, they started to occasionally utter animalistic calls of birds, rodents, and so on, just loud enough to attract the attention of the 2 “Crusaders” to force them into distraction by taking advantage of their current hyperaware sensory state.

Excellent…this should facilitate the temporary dissolution of the two-unit cell that these “Crusader” enemies have formed…which means that now is the time…

Nikola mused silently thus while observing the “Crusaders” who now started glancing this way and that, obviously trying to triangulate the location of the sounds coming at them from within the grass. While said enemies were busy being distracted by the noises coming from all around them, Nikola nodded to the “Berserker” again who repeated the same attack pattern from before, namely, leaping out of the grass with the same deafening war cry and pouncing on the 2 “Crusader” enemies as they were directly in front of him and within melee reach. This time, however, things did not go quite as smoothly as they had the last two times. Specifically, this time, even though 1 of the 2 “Crusader” enemies quickly met his untimely demise at the hands of the “Berserker” and his twin war axes and their twin strikes, said ally of Nikola’s was not quite swift enough to switch targets and thus, the other of the 2 “Crusader” enemies was able to react in time and he did so by dodging 1 of the 4 attacks total melee attacks thrown at him by the “Berserker”.

Then, said “Crusader” retaliated with his last remaining ounce of strength as he had still taken heavy damage from the other 3 “Berserker” attacks which did strike true upon him, and this retaliation came in the form of the “Crusader” using his “Holy Smite” ability to perform an empowered slash attack with his great sword against Nikola’s “Berserker” ally, although he was only able to do it once instead of a full 5 times since he was severely weakened from taking as much damage as he had from the 3 attacks which the “Berserker” made against him in the opening bout.

That looked rather painful…but it would seem it was nowhere near sufficient to take out our “Berserker” ally…thanks be to thee, o Norns who govern the fate of us humans from on high…

Nikola mused silently as he watched the “Berserker” shrug off the sword attack made against him by the “Crusader” like it was nothing and then resume his attack by finally doing away with said enemy by hacking him to death. In this manner, 3 more of the 10 “Crusaders” were killed off making their death toll total come to 5 total thus far, albeit not without Nikola’s “Berserker” ally taking some retaliation damage in return from the last of the 3 “Crusader” enemies in this round and so, only 5 “Crusader” enemies were left alive on the enemy side.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • Enemies Killed Thus Far: 15 of 15 “Border Guard”, 2 of 10 “Crusader”. Enemies Remaining at Start of this Round: 8 of 10 “Crusader”.

Crusader:

• Battle Log Update:

“Crusader 3”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 400 HP (from 4x “Berserker” Melee Attack, each worth 240 HP per hit [due to “Winterborne Fury” effect of +100% to Strength (Melee Damage) of “Berserker” unit, i.e., 120 HP base x 2 = 240 HP]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left.

“Crusader 4”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 400 HP (from 4x “Berserker” Melee Attack, each worth 240 HP per hit [due to “Winterborne Fury” effect of +100% to Strength (Melee Damage) of “Berserker” unit, i.e., 120 HP base x 2 = 240 HP]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left.

“Crusader 5”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 400 HP (from 4x “Berserker” Melee Attack, each worth 240 HP per hit [due to “Winterborne Fury” effect of +100% to Strength (Melee Damage) of “Berserker” unit, i.e., 120 HP base x 2 = 240 HP]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left.

“Crusader” enemies remaining henceforth: 5 of 10

Allies:
    • ”Berserker” uses “Winterborne Fury” which lasts 2 posts (1 of 2 posts elapsed thus far) and gives +100% boost to his Strength (Melee Damage) for this period.

Berserker:

• ”Assassin” units 3 and 4 go inactive just as ”Assassin” units 1 and 2 who remain inactive during this round and these 4 merely act as distractions with their “Northgleam Shadows” ability to beguile the enemy “Crusader” units.

Assassins 3 and 4 (INACTIVE):

Assassins 1 and 2 (INACTIVE):

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1030, TOTAL WC: 8368 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 18th July 2022, 12:03 pm

As Nikola and the members of his team took the opportunity to rest, the ghost of a wicked smirk made its way to his face as he mused silently

That commander of their must be quite upset at seeing his subordinates failing to return twice in a row like this…if my estimation is correct, then in a few moments we should see…

Sure enough, back at the area where the “Crusader” units were stationed, their commander was amidst an enraged rant in front of his remaining 4 subordinate “Crusader” units

WHAT IN BLAZES IS TAKING THOSE INCOMPETENTS SO LONG?!! IT SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM THIS LONG TO SLAUGHTER THESE PITIFUL, IDOLATROUS HEATHENS!!!...I SWEAR BY OUR LORD ARCANOS, WHEN THEY GET BACK, THEY WILL HAVE HELL TO PAY!!!

Of course, due to the long distance between the area where Nikola and his team were currently resting and the enemy camp with the remaining 5 “Crusader” units, Nikola could not hear this ongoing tirade by the “Crusader” commander. So, instead, he and his team of 1 “Berserker” allied unit and 4 “Assassin” allied units, each of whom were still alive albeit somewhat injured from the battles they fought till now, started to focus back on the task at hand, namely, making that final, decisive push towards eliminating the 5 enemy “Crusader” units who were left standing by this point.

So…let us take stock of the situation, shall we, comrades?

Nikola spoke thus to start off the discussion about said topic at hand and then fell silent to let the others speak

First, we started off by systematically luring the first set of enemies, namely, the first several of the “Border Guard” enemies away a few at a time to make it more manageable for us to eliminate them without meeting our demise in the process…

Thus spoke 2 of the 4 “Assassin” allies of Nikola’s in unison and then, Nikola heard them fall silent to let the other 2 “Assassin” allied units of their team speak as well

Then, after successfully eliminating those units, then we repeated the process again and again until we achieved our first team goal of eliminating all 15 of the “Border Guard” enemy units…but then each of us, excluding our “Berserker”, ended up taking some moderate damage in the process…

Once the remaining 2 “Assassin” allied units of Nikola’s spoke, Nikola heard them fall silent as well to let the remaining team members say their piece as well, at which point, Nikola spoke up again

After that phase of our combat efforts till now was completed successfully, we then turned our attention to exterminating the 10 “Crusader” enemy units who remained at that point and by luring small cells of them away and setting our “Berserker” upon them while ambushing them from their blind spots via the use of the hammer-and-anvil tactic, we managed to eliminate a grand total of 5 of them, albeit not without our “Berserker” getting somewhat injured in the process by one of those 5 “Crusader” enemy units...

After that, Nikola fell silent as well so that the “Berserker” on their team had the floor turned over to him

Now we have 5 “Crusader” enemies remaining and we will crush each of them into dust.

Nikola and his team’s 4 “Assassin” units smirked in concert when they heard their “Berserker” allied unit speak thus and then Nikola laid out the plan as he was now the group’s de facto strategist

Even though there are only 5 enemies remaining, we cannot afford to become complacent at this point in our war effort. I propose that we move forward with just as much caution as we have been doing till now and to that end, only target…maybe 1 or perhaps 2 at most, of the remaining enemies till we have finished their extermination off successfully.

To this, Nikola heard one of his “Assassin” allied units inquire regarding the details of this last strategy of their war effort on this specific battlefield

Perhaps it would also be beneficial to examine our remaining resources at this point…my “Assassin” comrades and I can each perhaps use only our “Iceshatter Strike” attacks and even those, only once each at maximum, but since our “Northgleam Shadows” ability is innate to us, we can use it as often as is necessary to complete this mission successfully.

In response to that, the “Berserker” allied unit of their team spoke up next

In my case, I can use my “Winterborne Fury” one more time at maximum, but since my “Berserkirgang” ability is innate to me, I can use it as much as we need me to for finishing this battle successfully.

After that, Nikola spoke up next to close out their discussion and to inform his team about his own status

I have a few too many spells and techniques to speak out in depth but suffice it to say that I can keep on fighting for a few more rounds since my life force is still more or less intact…but to err on the side of caution, we should try to finish this battle as fast as possible since my mana and stamina are both going to run out very soon…so, the plan will be for me to rush them and make a quick, concerted strike against each of the 5 remaining “Crusader” enemies to soften them up and then quickly withdraw to avoid taking damage…while the “Assassin” units of our team will follow that up quickly with a blind spot ambush using some combination of basic attacks and their special “Iceshatter Strike” attacks and then quickly withdraw as well to avoid taking damage…and final wave of our assault will be our “Berserker” using his ”Winterborne Fury” and the subsequent empowered basic attacks. Is that clear to everyone now? If you have any questions, ask them now.

In response, Nikola saw every member of his team nod in acceptance of that strategy and thus their plans were finalized for the final showdown. To that end, all of them snuck over to where the 5 remaining “Crusader” enemy units were stationed and took up their assigned positions. After that, Nikola rushed out of the thick grass cover and pounced upon the 5 “Crusader” enemy units using a combination of his “Heavenly Stride” spell and his “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack and thanks to the high velocity, he managed to get past the slow guard stance of the “Crusader” enemy units and land a moderately damaging slash attack on each of the 5. Naturally, said enemies tried to retaliate, but when they raised their swords to aim a slash at Nikola, each of Nikola’s “Assassin” allies struck at them quickly from behind after leaping out of the grass as well using only basic attacks and their innate “Northgleam Shadows” abilities, but each of them did this once with a dagger in each hand, for a total of two attacks against each of the 5 “Crusader” enemy units before withdrawing back into the protective cover of the grass just as did Nikola after his part of the plan was complete.

Moreover, due to the distraction provided by Nikola and the 4 “Assassin” allied units, the “Berserker” was able to finish killing off the now severely wounded 4 of the remaining 5 “Crusader” enemy units after re-applying his “Winterborne Fury” ability once more and then using his subsequently empowered basic attacks once each against these 4 “Crusader” enemy units, but unfortunately the commander-level “Crusader” managed to dodge each and every one of their attacks, leaving him fresh and intact despite all of Nikola’s efforts and those of every member of his team. However, since he had to bear witness to his men being taken down in so ruthlessly efficient a manner, he became even more irate than he already seemed to be when Nikola spotted him before the start of this current battle round, as could be seen from his harsh words to Nikola and his team

YOU MISERABLE, INSUFFERABLE HEATHENS!!! YOU DARE ASSAULT US, THE CHOSEN WARRIORS OF OUR LORD ARCANOS?!! YOU WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS AFFRONT!!!

Nikola smirked as he saw the last of the “Crusader” enemy units rant and rave thus, partly fueled by religious fervor and partly by simple exasperation at not having been able to handle such a seemingly low-tier team of enemies, and this smug smirk of Nikola’s grew wider still as he saw the “Crusader” commander look about in a crazed manner for his would-be targets, only to see him find none of them within reach since they were all safely ensconced in the protective and obscurant cover of the lush grass that blanketed the battlefield in that area as it did in others.

OOC:

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • Enemies Killed Thus Far: 15 of 15 “Border Guard”, 5 of 10 “Crusader”. Enemies Remaining at Start of this Round: 5 of 10 “Crusader”.

Crusader:

• Battle Log Update:

“Crusader 6”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 147 HP (from Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack) – 160 HP (from “Assassin” allied unit’s 2x basic attacks worth 80 HP damage each) – 240 HP (from “Berserker” allied unit’s “Winterborne Fury” ability’s 100% boost to “Berserker” Melee Damage [120 x 2 = 240 HP total]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left

“Crusader 7”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 147 HP (from Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack) – 160 HP (from “Assassin” allied unit’s 2x basic attacks worth 80 HP damage each) – 240 HP (from “Berserker” allied unit’s “Winterborne Fury” ability’s 100% boost to “Berserker” Melee Damage [120 x 2 = 240 HP total]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left

“Crusader 8”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 147 HP (from Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack) – 160 HP (from “Assassin” allied unit’s 2x basic attacks worth 80 HP damage each) – 240 HP (from “Berserker” allied unit’s “Winterborne Fury” ability’s 100% boost to “Berserker” Melee Damage [120 x 2 = 240 HP total]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left

“Crusader 9”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 147 HP (from Nikola’s “Swallow Cutter: Six Flashes” attack) – 160 HP (from “Assassin” allied unit’s 2x basic attacks worth 80 HP damage each) – 240 HP (from “Berserker” allied unit’s “Winterborne Fury” ability’s 100% boost to “Berserker” Melee Damage [120 x 2 = 240 HP total]) = 0 HP of 400 HP left

“Crusader” enemies remaining henceforth: 1 of 10

Allies:
    • ”Berserker” re-uses “Winterborne Fury” which lasts 2 posts (1 of 2 posts elapsed thus far) and gives +100% boost to his Strength (Melee Damage) for this period and then attacks the 5 remaining "Crusader" enemies, successfully hitting 4 of the 5.

Berserker:

• Each of the 4 ”Assassin” allied units attack each of 5 “Crusader” enemy units during this round and use basic attacks along with their “Northgleam Shadows” ability to grievously injure 4 of the 5 remaining enemy “Crusader” units after Nikola attacks them in the opening part of this round and thus facilitate their final killing by their “Berserker” allied unit.

Assassins 1 and 2 (ACTIVE):

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1459, TOTAL WC: 9827 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%
    RF007
    RF007

Character Sheet

Post by RF007 18th July 2022, 6:08 pm

At long last, Nikola and his team could see the finish line approaching since there was now only 1 of the originally 10-unit strong “Crusader” enemy group left standing, and despite this one last foe being the commander of all the other units they had faced in battle and slew with varying degrees of difficulty till then and undoubtedly more experienced in the art of warfare than all of his subordinates combined, Nikola was now certain that he and his team would make it out of this battle alive, albeit not entirely unscathed, what with all their injuries. So, with that in mind, Nikola scanned the battlefield to ensure that no other enemies lay in hiding and once he was certain of that, he informed his Viking comrades of his plans and instructed them to move in appropriate ways according to said plan for this last round.

My, you certainly look rather miffed, so whatever is the matter, good sir?

Nikola called out aloud in the way of inquiring banter in a cheery voice which was clearly calibrated to show restrained amusement to the commander-level “Crusader” as he stepped out into plain sight and began walking towards said “Crusader” with his usually infuriatingly smug smirk playing clearly on his face along with a slight tilt of his head. Naturally, as Nikola goaded him on thusly, the 1 remaining “Crusader” enemy, aka the commander of the small enemy army that had been there till then, flew into action as he could not take the cheery tone that Nikola was addressing him in considering the situation at hand. Specifically, he rushed at Nikola in a blind rage brought on by not only a multifactor-induced exasperation, but also an equal measure of pure humiliation at being toyed with so easily by his enemies, aka Nikola and his much smaller and ostensibly much weaker team.

YOU WRETCHED HERETIC, YOU DARE MAKE A MOCKERY OF ME IN THIS MANNER?! YOU WILL SUFFER GREATLY FOR THIS AS I SHALL PAY BACK THIS INSUT A THOUSAND-FOLD HERE AND NOW!!

Nikola merely smirked even more as he heard the commander-level “Crusader” enemy exclaim in a clearly enraged tone and saw him raise his sword and then watched onwards as said enemy unit started to swing said sword down upon him once the two were within reach of each other. Alas, it was too bad for said enemy “Crusader” that he was not being careful enough to notice Nikola’s 4 “Assassin” allied units stepping out of the grass stealthily from said enemy’s blind spot for the purposes of ambushing him and moreover, that he did not even notice the much more obvious “Berserker” allied unit of Nikola’s also coming up swiftly while hiding via crouching and moving directly behind Nikola as per the plan laid out by Nikola for his side in the battle.

You know, it is a fatal mistake to…

Nikola began to reply slowly to the onrushing “Crusader” enemy while being totally unfazed by said enemy’s glowing, razor-sharp sword about to cut into him since he knew he would be completely safe in the end. However, he purposefully dragged out finishing his sentence so that he could time it precisely to each hit made on the “Crusader” by the slowly approaching “Assassin” allies. Consequently, the “Crusader” was forced to stop for the first time due to the searing pain and moderate damage brought on by the induced frostbite he was afflicted with when he was struck clear through the gut by the first attack of the 4 “Assassin” allies of Nikola’s team, this being the “Frostmist Knife” attack.

…be so careless as to be unaware of…

Nikola continued his remark thusly and he stopped and watched the “Crusader” try to resume his attack only to be halted yet again by another bout of searing pain and moderate damage brought on by the induced frostbite he was afflicted with when he was struck clear through the chest in the right lung area this time by the second attack of the 4 “Assassin” allies of Nikola’s team, this being the “Frostmist Knife” attack again.

what is happening on the battlefield around you, good sir

Nikola finished his remark thus in a rather sarcastic manner and with his previously smug, amused smirk now contorting into a rather coldly sadistic and visibly merciless one as he watched the “Crusader” have his heart pierced through from the back and from the side simultaneously at point blank range by the last 2 of the 4 total “Assassin” allies of Nikola’s team, with their attacks used being the “Iceshatter Strike” attack again. Thus, the “Crusader” was prompt killed off by the combined efforts of both Nikola and the 4 “Assassin” allied units of his team. However, Nikola wanted to be truly certain of the enemy’s permanent death, so he nodded slightly, and in response, the “Berserker” allied unit of his team rushed out and swung his twin war axes down upon the “Crusader”, decapitating him in the blink of an eye and thus leaving no doubt as to said enemy’s now deceased status.

And here people call us sadistic and cruel…when you are clearly a much more heartless man than all of us combined, Herr Eisenstein…

Nikola heard the 4 “Assassin” allied units on his team along with the 1 “Berserker” allied unit on said team say in perfect sync to him after the battle was finished at last and to that, Nikola merely smirked but merely said with a convincingly innocent and genuine-looking angelic smile on his face

Moi? Surely you do not mean that…whatever have I done to deserve such censure from you lot?

As Nikola watched on, he saw the 4 “Assassin” allied units on his team along with the 1 “Berserker” allied unit on said team merely chuckle and shake their heads after which point, Nikola asked

So, I presume we need to collect the heads of each of our enemies to provide proof of mission accomplishment and present them to the ‘Elder’?

To that his team nodded to confirm his suspicions and so, he and his team split up to collect the heads of each of the 25 total enemies they faced in this battle and then headed off back to their side’s war camp and presented these to the “Elder” at which point, they were each honored with great rewards for their services in the line of duty for the Ironheart Pact faction with which they all shared a mutual affiliation at which point Nikola was then escorted back to Fiore as secretly as he had arrived in Bellum’s Western Grasslands and by the same transport team from Minstrel.

OOC:

(NIKOLA’S EXIT)

REWARDS REQUESTED:
    • 50,000 J

• 1100 EXP

• 1x IRONHEART PACT-AFFILIATED “SERVICE MEDAL” [JEWEL-BOOSTING TYPE]

=====

Overall Combat Log:

Enemies:
    • Enemies Killed Thus Far: 15 of 15 “Border Guard”, 5 of 10 “Crusader”. Enemies Remaining at Start of this Round: 1 of 10 “Crusader”.

Crusader:

• Battle Log Update:
      “Crusader 10”: 400 HP (200 base HP + 200 armor HP) – 300 HP (from 150 HP damage each from 2x “Assassin” [Frostmist Knife] abilities = 300 HP damage total) – 240 HP (from 120 HP damage each from 2x “Assassin” [Iceshatter Strike] abilities = 240 HP damage total) – 240 HP (from 120 HP damage from basic “Berserker” attack empowered by 100% from “Winterborne Fury” ability = 240 HP damage total) = 0 HP of 400 HP left
      “Crusader” enemies remaining henceforth: 0 of 10

Allies:
    • ”Berserker” re-uses “Winterborne Fury” which lasts 2 posts (1 of 2 posts elapsed thus far) and gives +100% boost to his Strength (Melee Damage) for this period and then attacks the last remaining “Crusader” from said enemy’s blind spot as do his “Assassin” comrades by taking advantage of Nikola’s distraction of said enemy.

Berserker:

• Nikola’s allied “Assassin” units 3 and 4 each attack the last remaining of the “Crusader” enemies from his blind spot again via a combination of their innate “Northgleam Shadows” ability and their “Frostmist Knife” ability while Nikola’s allied “Assassin” units 1 and 2 each attack the last remaining of the “Crusader” enemies from his blind spot again via a combination of their innate “Northgleam Shadows” ability and their “Iceshatter Strike”, and all of them make said attacks from a distinct and different direction for the purposes of reducing the potential for the enemy “Crusader” and his dodging their respective attacks much less likely overall by taking advantage of Nikola’s distraction of said enemy.

Assassins 1 and 2 (ACTIVE):

Appearance:

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1085, TOTAL WC: 10,912 of 4000 (for Nikola/EISNIK003 only)

Tags:

=====

Character Files:

=====

37%

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 10:25 am