Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Fine China

Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 336,993

Fine China - Page 3 Empty Re: Fine China

Post by Percy 23rd April 2021, 11:11 pm

There was something terrifying about looking around and not finding Leon. Normally it would take much more than that to strike fear in him, but this wasn't a normal situation. Now that he'd had no choice but to acknowledge his demons, they were hunting him, lingering at the very edges of his freshly woken mind. He wasn't sure what to make of things, especially since he just woke up and was in a very fragile limbo between reality and nightmare. "Leon?" he asked in a much meeker voice, no longer grounded by the feel of his mattress. As his hand inched over to where his boyfriend had been laying, the white coldness of the mattress registered more like snow than fabric. A groan rose from his throat as his traumatized mind told him he was back in the cold mountains riding the Bellum-Pergrande border.

With his heart pounding, he had no choice but to react to the environment shown to him. It felt real and urgent. This was war. People were being blasted across the terrain by cannons and magic alike, blades were slashing and stabbing people to death, and the gunfire never stopped. Screams of rage, fear, and agony far and near had him looking around to make sure it wasn't Leon. He wasn't sure when he'd been knocked down, but he struggled up out of the snow, his damaged exosuit whining in protest.

Just like that, Percy was fighting ghosts in his home with all the intensity as he had on the battlefield, sending poor Cat running from his hiding spot under the bed, though really, he should have stayed. Nowhere else would be safer. There was a trail of smashed furniture from the bedroom, his knuckles bruised and busted from bashing into his nightstand, the door he knocked off the hinges, and the holes in the walls. The more upset he got, the more the ground rumbled beneath his home. Where was Leon? Why couldn't he find him? He wasn't even registering on his HUD, which had him in a panic. "Please, please don't be dead," he mumbled to himself, eyes wide and glazed. "LEON!" he called, coming to a decline on the mountainside. Maybe he was down there? Yeah, maybe a boulder was blocking the signal.

That's when the real destruction began. In his panic to find Leon amongst the warring bodies, his new magic stirred from his emotions and burst into action. Large pieces of earth jutted up from beneath the home, blasting through the stairs beneath him and splintering wood and drywall like a deafening explosion. Percy tumbled down them, covering his head to protect himself from registered as essentially a land mine. Blood dripped from his nose and splattered onto the floor from the magic use rather than damage, but he still pressed his hands to his head as if he was wounded. Scrambling up as his kitchen saw slabs of stone and quartz shoot up and rip the cabinets and countertops apart, he dove into the living room. Percy expertly punched, kicked, and flipped invisible enemies into oblivion, sometimes with stones serving him and flying out as projectiles and sometimes the magic serving as the antagonist. The glass from shattered lamps and stuffing from smashed armchairs filtered through the air like winter flurries, the only thing jarringly peaceful in an otherwise chaotic display of destruction.

A crack formed across the living room floor, snapping the wooden floorboards until there was a gaping hole down into the ground. Percy jumped onto the couch to escape, watching as enemies (pieces of his furniture) fell down into the gaping pit in horror, only to clap his hands and close the hole on them with a crunch. A searing pain sparked through his brain as blood started to gush faster out of his nose. "Agh!" he grunted, holding his head in agony just as a cushion flopped over onto his leg. Thinking the couch was a Pergrande soldier wrestling him, Percy proceeded to viciously attack the ugly seat until he was ripping the pillows apart. A spike lashed up from the edge of the couch, violently throwing it into the air and dumping Percy onto the floor hard enough to skid him into a bookshelf on the far wall.

The ground shook so violently that the house as a whole was having a harder time with it, though at least there were no more invasive earth attacks. Cracks formed from the foundation up around him, creeping through the walls like it was rapidly aging. The previous spikes, boulders, and slabs had already compromised the structural integrity, but thankfully some steel beams remained unharmed so the whole place didn't fall down on him as his old guildhall had. While the floor-to-ceiling windows had been cracked from debris, it was now that they started to shatter panel by panel under the strain of the shifting walls. Pieces of the ceiling now served as the newly falling snow, soaking up some of the blood dripping steadily off of his chin from his nose. A stream of red was also flowing from the left side of his face, where the injured tear duct of his burnt eye cried blood from the extreme stress.

Percy, a bit dazed, glanced around as he slowly got back to his feet. Blood was dripped and smeared everywhere, staining the white fluff just as Leon's blood had the snow around his severed arm. "LEON!" he shouted again, unable to see his body but thinking he was seeing the arm, which was actually the severed leg of his coffee table. Leon was bleeding out somewhere he couldn't reach! After that, he really didn't register what was happening. It all faded into red. He was just standing there, his arms raised and twisted as if he had someone in a chokehold, screaming. Screaming and screaming, until his voice and throat were raw. It was a hopelessly angry and guttural noise. The dark desperation of someone who didn't want to kill but had to, of someone who thought he was losing the person he loved and could do nothing.

[wc: 1020 || total: 29066]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 259,635

Post by Leon Hoffman 24th April 2021, 11:40 pm

Fine China - Page 3 59LBSTE

Will it be easy? No; Worth it? Absolutely

Leon ended up leaving that jewelry store with a glint of excitement in his stoic eyes and the tiniest pep in his step. He was fidgeting with something small but solid in his pocket, and he looked even more eager to get back to Percy than before. He felt good. Things were finally going to get better! For real, this time!

. . . . . . . . .

Thud!

"Oh my God..."

He couldn't have been gone for more than ten minutes. Maybe fifteen since he took the detour, but that was barely any time at all, right? So how the hell could this happen? In the time it took for him to go out and get some groceries and something special, the house Percy had been sleeping so soundly in was one gust away from leveling on itself. It looked as if it were caught up in a warzone, broken and fragile as its steel skeleton jutted out from his contemporary flesh. The image was just all so jarring that Leon couldn't do anything but stare for a moment, the plastic bag of groceries hitting the ground as his fingers loosened and palms became sweaty. It was just so unbelievable... until he heard screaming.

"Percy? Percy!" Leon flinched as if he were suddenly whipped back into reality by the blood-curdling screams, sprinting into the house through the openings he could find. It felt like his heart was beating a million times a minute, and all of the blood rushed to his head as he warily looked through the debris. He was expecting the worst—Percy trapped or crushed beneath the breaking building, those screams of pain and anguish from that terrible feeling of being crushed. But no, that's not what he got.

Instead... he was standing there in the center of all the chaos and destruction, his arms locked in a weird way and screaming out these horrible, horrible screams. He didn't seem terribly injured aside from the blood running down all sorts of places from his face. It was good news, right? But when Leon saw him there, he wasn't relieved at all. He was horrified, and it wasn't until another audible crack in the beams snaked into his ear that he finally moved and said something.

"PERCY! Calm down!" Leon shouted over all of the other noise surrounding them, making his way over to the split-haired man and forcing him into a desperate but eager embrace, "I'm here! See?! I'm right here! And so are you! We're both okay! Just...!"

His face pinched into a frown and his glossy eyes full of panic, Leon pulled away only to force Percy's arms out of their weird, defensive position. Briskly, the dark-haired Hoffman took those hands of Percy's and forced them to hold his scarred face in them. Desperately, Leon held his hands just over Percy's, pushing both of them into the cheeks they held while he stared at him. Was this the true state Percy was in? Leon knew that he was the one who needed to be able to support the weight Percy couldn't lift himself, but seeing him in such agony... could he do it?

It was a stupid, passing thought. It wasn't a matter of if he could do it—he had to, for Percy. But this was all his fault, wasn't it? After all, he made him go to Bellum even though he didn't have to take him there at all. He could've lied about it and took the flight without a single word. He didn't have to go into war with him. If it weren't for his own feelings, Percy would've continued being the awkward-but-charming shut-in he was without feeling these things. Even now, he didn't have to step out and buy those things when he knew Percy wanted him by his side. No matter how you twisted it... this was all his fault, wasn't it?

That pep in his step and that glint of happiness in his eyes vanished the moment he saw the house, but it was crushed to smithereens now. Both he and Percy had hit such a low point in their lives that it was hard to imagine that it was possible for them to raise each other to a higher place—a brighter place. A place where they could look back and see all of this terrible shit from a different perspective. For a split second, he honestly thought they could get a place where they'd look back at these dark days and say "I survived", but was that just wishful thinking? The more Leon stared into that pained, anguished look in Percy's eyes, the more he began to doubt himself.

It was all of his fault, he knew that. But this wasn't a matter of if they could rely on each other—they had to! They had to, or one or both of them really might die. They didn't have a choice other than to get through this, whether they could or couldn't! There wasn't any time for thinking or sulking about it. His lover was in pain and he had to stop it. So, with a deep breath, he tightly pressed his hands onto Percy's, pressing them against his face.

"...Look at me! I'm here! I'm here!"

|| Word Count: 879 || Thread WC: 29,945 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    Notes: ???
    @Percy

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Percy
    Percy

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Limited Edition- Buddy Buddy- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Post by Percy 25th April 2021, 3:46 am

As simple as it was, Leon appearing, grabbing him, and pressing his hands to those appealing scarred cheeks was all it took to pull him out of it. "Leon." The breathless Percy's eyes came back to the present and took in the sight of Leon's face with such relief that he looked like he might even laugh. It hadn't been real? Thumbs trailed the scars and pressed against his skin in wonder, just gazing silently into his face as if he hadn't seen it in a while, or like he was seeing an angel or something. In his rawness, Percy's face was full of warmth and pure affection. Nothing meant more to him than this man. He was precious and the thought of losing him seemed like a fate worse than death.

It was hard to process the jarring shift from war to reality, but he was working on it. Glancing over at Leon's metal arm as if to confirm that the issue had already been taken care of and he wasn't bleeding out from a stump, he let out a shaky sigh. "You're alright," he croaked, throat aching. The ground stopped quaking, so now there were only the sounds of what was left of the ruined house settling into its demise. It was popping and cracking around them like wet wood in a bonfire, but Percy didn't seem to notice. All he could see was his lover, the dark-haired man that he'd once more caused to look so upset. Of course, it was upsetting! "I'm so glad you're alright. I thought you were d-dying. I couldn't find you," he gushed out a hasty explanation, coming down off the adrenaline. "I thought you were gonna die... Ah, I guess I... oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he said, realizing he must have had an episode like Leon used to in the beginning.

Was it really that bad? Oddly enough, despite it all, this outburst made him feel better as if he'd released some of the pressure he'd been bottling for the last few months, like a kettle shrieking out its steam. He hadn't realized how tight his chest had felt until it felt free again. He dropped his hands from Leon's face and instead wrapped his arms around Leon, hugging him tightly. "I didn't realize it wasn't real. I knew it was scary, but I didn't realize how real it feels. It felt so real. I don't know what I'd do if I l-lost you," he said, smushing his bloody face into Leon's chest. This was probably the second shirt he'd ruin in two days, but he wasn't even aware he was bleeding yet.

As a small piece of drywall loosened above and tapped his head, Percy finally glanced up to see what it was, then around and paled. What happened to his house?! His brows furrowed over widened eyes. "What happened?! An earthquake?" he asked sharply, his breath catching in his throat with realization. "...did I do this?" he asked quietly, a bit in awe. This was his magic. He'd only used it once before very briefly during the war, and at that point, he hadn't been thinking about it. It had been reactionary, pure panic. That was worrisome since it was apparent that his panicked disassociation had just let it run wild. "I did this," Percy repeated more firmly, letting it sink in. Surprisingly, though, he didn't seem too upset about the house. "..At least I don't need to clean up from the party now. I guess I'll stay in the lab..." he muttered, momentarily distracted. It was just a house. He wasn't very materialistic, and what he did own could always be repaired or replaced. What couldn't be repaired or replaced was what his delayed trauma was doing to the person he'd sacrifice it all for.

Turning quickly back to Leon, his eyes were ashamed and scared, but not the same terror of someone remembering a traumatic event. They belonged to someone who feared he was as broken as his home was now, too broken with burdens too heavy for someone else to bear with him. Could he convince Leon to stay? No, he should let him go... "I p-promise I'll go to therapy, too. We can go t-together. I'll get better. P-Please, don't leave me," he almost begged. Wait, that hadn't been what he wanted to say. He was going to give Leon an out. It was perfectly understandable if the man wanted to go, yet different words had come out. He found himself saying the words he'd said to his father and grandfather when he'd desperately wanted them to not lose faith in him. "I'll get better. I'll get stronger! I'll work hard. The burden will get lighter, okay? I just messed up, can you forgive me?" His eyes searched Leon's golden ones, still expecting to lose him even though he needed him so much. What would he do without Leon? "I'm okay now." He wasn't, but he would be. He had to be.

They could only go up now, and Percy would make sure of it even if he had to strap a jetpack to it.

[wc: 861 || total: 30806]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 25th April 2021, 6:32 pm

Even though Leon was listening to every word Percy said, he didn't say a single thing in response. Just a little bit of his touch, and just like that, that anguished panic from before almost seemed to evaporate into something much milder, as if the house wasn't literally falling apart around them. Percy made a stupid little comment about not having to clean up now, easily thinking out loud about what had happened as if he were analyzing himself from an outsider's perspective. He jumped back and forth between a strange calmness and desperation but ultimately ended up sticking to the latter. For a moment, staring into each other's eyes, Percy reminded Leon of himself when he broke his arm—and he felt his heart break into pieces when he realized that. It didn't need time to settle it. Instead, he could feel it open a gaping hole in his chest and stomach right then and there.

Without a word, Leon leaned down and gave Percy one of those long and deep kisses, quiet as their lips collided and then parted. He didn't want to say a word, but he could only utter something small, husky, and hushed as he pulled away.

"No you're not," he said, frowning, "and that's okay, too."

After that, he pulled away from Percy entirely and warily began to make his way through the crumbling house with a look of determination suddenly filling his gaze. Despite their situation, Cat was just as part of the mayhem as they were, and he had to find him. Between the party and the house literally falling apart, Leon expected the worst, but just as he came over to what was left of the stairs, a white blur came dashing down and impossibly fast speeds, hissing and whining as it threw itself past Leon and made a break for the door.

Stunned, Leon whipped around and stared wide-eyed before looking at Percy again. He bobbed his head toward the door.

"Alright, 'nough of this. Let's crash at my place before this place crashes on us," Leon walked over to him, casually taking his hand and leading him outside in a hurry. What he said next was almost so quiet and wavering that it was hard to hear at all over the ambient sound of the house crumbling apart, but the guilt that briefly squinted his eyes still remained, "You're not the one who needs to ask for forgiveness anyway..."

. . . . . . . . .

After an hour of light shopping for Cat's replacement litter box and food (who he managed to find after bolting out of the house), buying more groceries for the two of them, and a cheap first-aid kit he saw along the way, both him and Percy managed to make it back to his River Village cabin a little after sunset. It was dark and chilly outside now, but the wood stove filled Leon's home with cozy, rural warmth.

Robin was eagerly lying by and pawing at the door of a room Cat refused to exit, and Leon was standing at the edge of his bed from another room, watching them with a pensive but mildly amused gaze.

"The poor guy's probably stressed to hell, pft..." Leon chuckled, although it really wasn't funny. Cat probably needed the therapy just as much as they did after what had happened. The owed him raw salmon and treats. After a brief moment of amusement, Leon looked over at Percy with a weary but careful smile, "Alright. Let's get you cleaned up and then get somethin' good in you. Good and easy. Okay? Percy?"

|| Word Count: 607 || Thread WC: 31,413 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 25th April 2021, 9:44 pm

His mind felt like an unfamiliar place to him now, bouncing back and forth between frenzy and eerie calmness. Percy had relaxed due to the distractions offered by finding poor Cat and waiting for Leon to finish shopping. He kept wavering between guilt and comfort, but he kept his face blank like he usually did when he was feeling completely overwhelmed. He wasn't sure if it was fair, but he still trusted that Leon wouldn't leave as long as he could keep himself under control and quiet. That's what that kiss had meant, right? The guilt on his lover's face and his last words back at the house worried him, but he didn't dare bring it up. Not right now. Percy had caused enough torment. He wasn't sure how comforting each other at the same time was going to work, but he still felt like he needed to hold Leon up before he came crashing back down. At this point, it was like two cracked pillars supporting a whole monument. They could be repaired though, with time and effort. Why couldn't he have just been strong enough to be as okay as he had seemed up until now?

As they arrived at Leon's place, Percy seemed completely relieved. Though he'd not been fond of the idea of Leon's place back when they were just friends, the appreciation he'd acquired for it during his delusional days still remained. Despite being rustic and out in the middle of nowhere, it was like being wrapped in a quiet warm hug. No one knew him here. He could be himself and do what he wanted without fear of someone snapping pictures or telling on him. It was just what he needed. A private getaway with Leon until he could get his head on straight. "I like it here," he mumbled as he stepped inside, a small smile appearing on his lips. He was surrounded by his lover's comforting scent instead of the sterility of his home.

Though visibly calmer and a bit more like his old self, Percy was a little clingy. It was nearly the opposite of what Leon had gone through in those first days, where they barely touched each other. The peppermint head seemed to always orbit nearby Leon if he wasn't outright touching him. He'd returned to pinching Leon's shirt between his fingers as if to keep track of him, which he was doing right now while they watched Robin's attempts to either play with or comfort poor, terrified Cat. Percy was always much more touchy and cuddly when he was feeling poorly.

"He hates me," Percy pouted a little, referring to his poor pet who wouldn't let him anywhere near his fluffy white body now. Rightfully so, given the screaming and exploding house. The nerdy man wasn't exactly an expert in pets, so he had no idea if the cat would ever warm up to him again. Robin probably had better luck calming Cat down at this point. Even so, as Leon mentioned cleaning up and food, Percy returned his weary smile and released his shirt. He padded toward the bathroom, though he didn't get too far away. Awkwardly pausing, Leon's boyfriend turned and glanced at him. "Wanna... join me?" he asked with a light blush, twisting his fingers together. "If not, that's okay. I'll meet you for... what are we eating anyway?" he asked with a perk of interest just as his stomach suddenly snarled loudly enough to be heard clear across the silent room. His face reddened more as he pressed his hand to the ravenous beast.

[wc: 600 || total: 32013]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 25th April 2021, 11:03 pm

Leon stared at Percy for a little while as he went on, his gaze deep and thoughts deeper. It wasn't always easy to tell what he was thinking just by looking at him, but it seemed even harder now, especially after tonight. It was like he was there, but not all of him was present. Part of him lingered and wandered in his own head, listening to the utterings of that little voice that chanted how this was all his fault. It gnawed at him, like a fly buzzing in his ear.

As expected, Percy was holding it together, somewhat. He was definitely more clingy than usual, but Leon couldn't complain. After all, he craved this sort of physical attention, but he couldn't be too happy about it. It wasn't like he was doing all of this because everything was alright and he was feeling fine. Leon didn't know what was going on in his head, but all he knew was how he was feeling right now. It was like one second he believed that the only way to go was up from here, and then he'd fall into a pit of pessimism and doubt the next. The stress was eating away at him, and he couldn't even bear to show it on his face. But, what he could do was crack a little smirk when he heard Percy's stomach growled just after his bashful offer.

"I'unno. I was thinking porridge, but I got a bunch of different things so I could bake some chicken and cook some rice for you if you think you can handle it," Leon stood up, stretching a little bit before walking up to Percy, practically leaning over him with how much distance he closed, "Though... what was it that you said before that? Totally missed it." he smiled, knowing exactly what he said but playfully relishing the moment yet again.

It was a strange feeling—the thing Leon was going through right now. It was like his outer shell was blissfully enjoying the night, but his mind was just on the brink of reeling him into a fit of his own. Both of his hands pocketed, he fidgeted with two different things. In one pocket, his fingers apprehensively toyed with whatever he ended up buying from the jewelry store, and in the other was something else he picked up while grocery shopping.

There was no doubt in his mind that the nightmares would be relentless tonight.

|| Word Count: 411 || Thread WC: 32,424 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 26th April 2021, 12:21 am

"Whatever you think is best," Percy answered about the food, peering up at Leon as he approached and loomed. Gnawing the inside of his lip, he wrinkled his nose at the teasing. At what point was he going to be able to get over this shyness? Wearing his blush like a champ, the Dagger quietly repeated what he said. "Wanna join me... in the shower?" he asked, but now he was feeling stubborn. He grabbed Leon's shirt again, but more in a fist than a gentle pinch. Tugging him into the bathroom, he nudged the door shut with his foot.

Perhaps Percy was being a little transparent, but he was trying very hard to make up for the awfulness of the day even though he knew he couldn't. Weakness wasn't tolerated in his family, so it was just his nature to try to remedy it. He'd been so weak today... at Leon's expense. Just as Leon was treating Percy like a fragile, cracked dish, Percy had been doing just that to Leon in the months since they returned from Bellum. He kept trying to glue the pieces back and fill the cracks as they formed. He didn't know what Leon was thinking or feeling right now, but he seemed preoccupied. His hands were fidgeting in his pockets. That was natural from all the stress, but he still wanted to try to distract the man from all the darkness. Distracting Leon could be Percy's distraction, as well. Hopefully, that was a healthier approach than bottling it all up.

"I can't believe you thought I didn't like your face or that your hair was too long," the shorter man tsked, reaching up to hesitantly touch his scarred cheek with a slightly shaking hand. He'd been super drunk, but not enough to forget what Leon had said. "Ridiculous," he added with a crooked smile, returning the hand to Leon's shirt, which he seemed intent on removing from the dark-headed man's body. After a sniff, he pulled a face. "You do stink, though," Percy revealed, trying to tease him a little, especially since the funky smell was all funky-smelling Percy's fault. It might have fallen a bit flat since he wasn't feeling his best, but he was making a valiant attempt.

[wc: 377 || total: 32801]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 26th April 2021, 5:11 pm

Even though Percy was asking if he wanted to join him in the shower, it didn't really seem like Leon had much of a choice, because before he could get any word out, he was already being gently dragged into the bathroom. Even after his outburst from earlier, it was clear that Percy was trying to take care of him in his own way.

He was always like this. The Dagger put others before himself in a way that was so selfless that it almost seemed self-destructive. It was like he never chose to make himself a priority, and whenever there were little slips in his composure, he did everything he could to regain it. Even now, after all of the screaming and sobbing, it'd be hard to convince anyone that the same man making jestful quips right now had just leveled a house in a traumatic fit. It was like nothing even happened at all, or if it did, it didn't matter nearly as much.

Leon knew he'd make himself sick with all of these sudden bouts in mindset, and the only thing that mattered to him was standing right in front of him anyway. All he could do now was be with him right here and shove those gnawing thoughts to the back burner of his mind for now.

"What, and you don't?" Leon raised a brow, beginning to undress. He slid out of his shirt and tossed it onto the floor before beginning to unbuckle his belt, but he stopped to look at Percy. "You know, you say it's ridiculous, but what was I s'posed to think? There were only so many excuses I could come up with to explain why my boyfriend was basically blue-balling me. And I haven't really cut my hair since—well—you know..." Leon explained liberally, his eyes looking somewhat pensive again.

There was a small pause in his words as he let his mind wander on its own again, but he knew there was nothing but darkness waiting for him should he get too carried away. Bouncing from thought to thought, he ended up landing on some other memory.

"Maybe I'm just pent up?" Leon gave Percy a hard, prying look as he casually and shamelessly explained the possible sexual frustration he was experiencing. It... was really hard to tell if he was teasing him or not.

|| Word Count: 394 || Thread WC: 33,195 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 26th April 2021, 8:13 pm

The houseguest had begun undressing as well, turning his back as if to preserve some modesty while he wiggled out of his tank top and sweatpants. He was still nervous about such a thing despite Leon having seen it all before, but he was extra nervous now with the weight loss. This was his idea, though, so he couldn't very well chicken out now. He'd started to snort out a laugh at the anticipated comment about his own smell, but the rest caught him a bit off guard. "B-Blue-balling--" Percy sputtered, not sure whether to be flustered or outraged. Despite himself, he looked back over his shoulder and his eyes dropped down to the offended area in question before lurching back up to Leon's face. Always so bashful, especially about this kind of thing. It seemed he wouldn't stop blushing any time soon. His lips silently formed over the 'pent up' comment while his brain processed it, staring up into Leon's predatory eyes like the prey he was. Was he teasing or...? Percy swallowed, finding it hard not to want to help Leon with that, despite how awful the day had gone. Would something like that make Leon feel better? Make them both feel better? Did they both need it? Was it ok to still feel desire while mentally and emotionally shattered or was he just a freak? Actually, he perhaps felt the desire more strongly now than he ever had before.

The funny thing about Percy was his brand new, slightly odd sex drive and how he fumbled with it. When emotions were running high, particularly anger or fear, he was even more sensitive to getting inexplicably turned on. Normally he tried to finely control his emotions, but then they were raw, and they were certainly raw right now, he was more likely to give in. With the turn in conversation to more of the suggestive side of things, coupled with his fear of losing Leon and how strongly he felt about him through all of this, his leg started an irritable bounce as he stood there trying to formulate a response. Given where his blood was rushing to, he didn't dare turn and face the man behind him. Instead, he abruptly leaped into the shower. "S-Sorry about that. We'll have to, ah...fix that..." Percy stammered, fumbling with the water knobs. "Soap first. For real, this time..." he insisted sternly. He jabbed an accusatory finger at the dark-haired man, referring to their first time back in the Hoffman communal bath. Neither of them had actually applied any soap to their bodies, and this time he at least wanted to make sure he didn't smell like tears, sweat, and alcohol. "Er, if you don't find my b-body unattractive now, that is..." he added in a quieter tone, highly self-conscious.

[wc: 469 || total: 33664]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 26th April 2021, 9:00 pm

Leon cracked a small smile as he watched Percy hop into the shower, amused by his cute bashfulness, but he'd be lying if he said his worn and thin body wasn't something of a turn-off. Not that Percy was only attractive as long as he maintained his fit physique, but it was hard to get in the mood when he knew why he looked like that. It seemed like the war permeated every aspect of their lives—even spoiling the fun they'd have during more intimate, passionate moments. Not only that, but it begged the question... when would they have sex as normal couples did?

Looking back on it, he slept with Percy to stifle some unpleasant feeling more often than not. As passionate as their first time was, it was riddled with desperation and a sense of loss, their second time was full of confusion and fear, and now they were just two broken men looking for ways to mend themselves, even though neither of them seemed honest about how they were actually feeling right now. It seemed as if the only sexual encounter Leon could recall as being honest and sincere about its intentions was on Valentine's Day. But now, their lives were so chaotic that sex was the only temporary out Leon could see. A sort of relief. When he saw that skinny body of Percy's hop into the shower, another little fire died inside of him, filling his world with even more darkness than before, and his face panged with sudden guilt and melancholy. It was hard to not feel guilty for getting all worked up despite the devastating circumstances.

"That's not it. But what kind of guy would I be if I touched you before I fed you, y'know?" Leon finished undressing and joined Percy in the shower, reaching over and grabbing his teakwood-scented hair and body wash, already taking the liberty of quickly lathering Percy's hair with it, "I haven't been doing a good job of taking care of you in my own way, so maybe waiting until you gain a few pounds should be my punishment. That sounds good, right?"

Leon ran his fingers through Percy's scalp, enjoying the almost therapeutic cleaning he was doing. The great thing about washing his hair was that Percy couldn't see the faces Leon was making, and how guilty they looked despite how casual and relaxed his tone was. This really was all his fault, wasn't it?

|| Word Count: 409 || Thread WC: 34,073 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 26th April 2021, 9:53 pm

Percy would be lying to himself if he didn't admit he felt disappointed, as well as a strange pain in his chest. That hurt, but thankfully it killed his mood. It'd be embarrassing if only one of them was. Though he didn't blame Leon for being put off by the state of his body, perhaps what he'd really wanted to hear was a firmer lie. How silly, why would he ever want Leon to lie? "Yeah, maybe after I put on a few pounds," he agreed somberly, closing his eyes so the shampoo wouldn't slip in and sting them. However, he hissed and pretended to wipe at his eyes as if soap had gotten in them to excuse the redness from the frustrated tears that melded into the water splashing on his face. "You took care of me just fine. It was my own fault for hiding it," he said afterward, then fell silent. He told himself to be happy with having his hair essentially played with since he really did find something like that comforting. It was comforting. He just couldn't shake the feeling that he'd ruined everything. How was he supposed to eat with this pit in his stomach?

One way or another, he was going to have to put on weight. It had upset Leon just as much as he'd feared it would, which is why he'd hid it and why he desperately wished he could hide it again. But he also knew now that hiding it wasn't the right answer either. It seemed like this whole situation had no right answers, which was difficult for Percy to accept. This was why it was easier to remain alone in the black and white world of his lab. Things had right and wrong answers and solutions.

He quickly washed himself down with the sandalwood body wash and nearby luffa so Leon wouldn't have to, rinsing his hair and body when it was time before turning and scrubbing Leon. He kept his eyes down, thankful that his own hair had grown long enough to curtain them from sight, especially when dripping wet. "Can you tell me what you're thinking? I can't tell," Percy asked nervously, rubbing the soapy tangle of mesh over each of the taller man's arms and then his chest.

[wc: 384 || total: 34457]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 28th April 2021, 8:43 pm

"What I'm thinking?" Leon repeated, pausing to think about his response. Leon was typically a man who could be honest and blunt about his own feelings and what he had on his mind, but unlike other days, he didn't really want to share the thoughts he was having. It was easy to tell that Percy was uneasy because of everything that's happened and how it set the tone for the rest of the day, but so was Leon. How could he stand there and tell him that he felt too guilty to have sex with him? How could he tell him that everything was his fault? Percy would definitely object to those claims, no doubt about it. If anything, he'd insist that it was his fault for everything that happened. If Leon was honest about what he was thinking, their late-night shower would quickly become a back-and-forth of two broken, guilt-ridden men. "Nothing..."

It's wasn't nothing, though. In fact, it was anything but nothing. It was as if there was a gaping hole in his chest, extending down to his stomach and threatening to swallow his entire body up in that gaping nothingness. It was taking more willpower to keep himself distracted with showering than to let himself get caught up in the mess of feeling he had waiting for him. Thoughtlessly, Leon ended up staring down at Percy.

"Who was that girl from earlier, by the way?" Leon asked calmly in an attempt to change the topic, but ended up rousing feelings from earlier and how irritated it made him. "At the party."

|| Word Count: 264 || Thread WC: 34,721 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 28th April 2021, 10:03 pm

He should have suspected it wouldn't be that easy. Percy took Leon's answer with a small nod, having little choice but to accept that they were both going to be dishonest for the rest of the day. Perhaps Percy had used up the day's quota for truth by finally coming clean in such an overwhelming way, even though Leon had demanded it. Maybe tomorrow would be better. It had to be. Otherwise, everything was going to fall apart... He felt like he was dying as it was with how his insides seemed to be contracting into a small, twisted knot. Maybe Leon really couldn't handle the burden he'd shared. Percy was deeply ashamed and regretted how he'd reacted, and would literally give anything to be able to go back and somehow keep himself from freaking out. It was just that, all of the sudden, the war and what he'd seen and done became so real that he just... lost control.

Percy finished scrubbing Leon down and moved so the showerhead's spray could reach to rinse him. The silence between them had swallowed him whole, leaving him to his own dark thoughts. Wringing his hands as if scrubbing them of invisible muck, he stared at the floor of the shower, gnawing at the inside of his lip. If Leon hadn't been standing there, he might have sunk down to sit under the steamy water until he either stopped thinking or it grew too cold to stay. Perhaps asking him to join had been poorly thought out. What he'd hoped would alleviate some nerves and weirdness turned into... whatever this was.

When Leon spoke again, Percy jolted out of his thoughts and glanced up at the dark-haired man. "Who?" he asked dumbly as if the words processed on a delay. A split second later, his head bobbed in realization. "Oh, the girl I was playing-- er, showing how to play pool?" he asked, though he was pretty sure he remembered Leon coming in and seeing Lila, since she'd been the only one talking to him at length. "That's Lila. Her parents are friends-- business associates with mine, so we've known each other for a long time. She's the only one who talks to me at the galas, which was always awkward since my mom drunkenly babbles about how she wishes we'd get married all the time. Lila's mom probably does the same," Percy explained, errantly thinking the pretty brunette had no actual drive to talk to him outside of family obligation. That was pretty much the only reason he spoke to her. He couldn't see that she liked him, no matter how obvious. It was puzzling as to why Leon was asking about her so randomly. "Why?"

[wc: 455 || total: 35176]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 29th April 2021, 8:39 pm

"Ehh? Awkward? Yeah, I bet," Leon forced a friendly smile as he stared at the showerhead, letting the water splash against his face and run down his features. Quickly, he glanced at Percy before looking up again. "No reason. Just looked like you guys knew each other, is all."

Maybe these feelings were immature or childish, but Leon couldn't shake them. For many things, it seemed like Leon had a level head on his shoulders and could easily stand out as the most responsible one of a bunch. But when it came to these things—or maybe Percy in particular—even Leon couldn't get a hold of himself.

"Turn around. I think you might need another lather," Leon insisted, not giving his lover much of a choice as he forced him around, grabbing the soap again. Only this time he was focusing more on the area where he remembered Lila touching him.

After their shower, Leon was quick to start on their late-night meals, which happened to be porridge. Sure, it wasn't the most exciting meal out there, but it was healthy and easy to digest. It took only fifteen minutes to whip up, and by then, Leon's hair was still wet. Robin still refused to leave the door Cat mutually refused to exit, leaving him and Percy to each other's company yet again.

"My clothes are probably a little big on you, right? We'll pick up some clothes in your size tomorrow," Leon casually begun, placing two bowls of porridge on opposite sides of the small dining table. Even though Leon had plenty of garments to go around between the two of them, he usually roamed his remote cabin half-naked anyway with just some pants on—maybe a tank-top or a T-shirt if he was feeling especially modest or expecting unfamiliar company. "That house probably cost you a fortune, huh..."

Maybe he shouldn't have said that, but Leon didn't apologize. In fact, he didn't catch that it might've been a raw subject considering why Percy destroyed his home, just that it seemed like something that'd really suck to deal with later down the line. His mind drifted from the house to the porridge to that Lila girl and then bouncing off from instance to instance that happened while Percy was still on some sort of "personality high" these last couple of months. It was hard not to focus on the things he could blame himself for.

So, Leon sat there across the table, arms folded on top but his eyes staring pensively out into the window blackened with night. He tried to stare past his reflection, but he always ended up looking at himself regardless. Looking at the two of them and how they ended up. Percy looked so skinny and both of them were just shells of the men they were two months ago, just before getting on that plane. Sure, in many ways, nothing had changed at all... but in some, they seemed lost and broken. Not only that, but to think about how it all could've been avoided if Leon had just stopped for a moment and really thought about what he wanted and who he wanted to be with—an answer that is so simple for him now—they'd be happier. Better off.

And those little thoughts that kept his mind busy and away from the present continued to gnaw at him until it was all he could think about. So much so that he wasn't sure if he could keep a straight face when talking to the very person he had hurt. No amount of banter or innocent chitchat could remedy the internal war he was facing as they spoke.

|| Word Count: 617 || Thread WC: 35,793 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 29th April 2021, 11:42 pm

After the shower, he'd hastily pulled on Leon's oversized clothes which were even larger on him now. Even with the drawstring on the sweat pants pulled and tied as tightly as possible, they still almost fell off his hips every time he walked. Percy opted for a zip-up hoodie as well, pulling the hood up so he could hide as much of his body from view as possible. He probably looked pretty stupid with the strings pulled to frame the hood around his face, but he'd rather look like a weirdo than something... gross. It didn't make any sense, given the problem hiding it had caused and the fact that Leon had just spent about twenty minutes seeing him naked, but he couldn't help but be extremely self-conscious.

Percy sat at the kitchen table with one arm bracing his face, finally seeming to settle into a despondent funk. His phone was sitting out as if he'd intended to use it, yet he just stared at its black screen without really seeing it. At least he didn't seem especially upset. Perhaps if he'd been alone he would have been more true to his state of mind, but without alcohol lubricating him and with his focus on, yet again, not worrying Leon, he just did his best to seem blank when he didn't need to seem as normal as possible.

His attention returned to the present when Leon spoke again, referring to the borrowed clothes. The Dagger shrugged, glancing down at himself but still downplaying it. "A little," he answered, pulling the hood strings just a little tighter. He offered a weak smile of gratitude to the cook as he placed a bowl in front of him. At first, he seemed almost excited since he was so hungry, but after one bite it waned. The porridge hit his stomach and it lurched irritably, bringing a wince across his features. Though he paled and broke into a cold sweat, Percy remained determined. He forced himself to eat it, though he had to take breaks between each bite to make sure the one before it was going to stay down.

"I guess it did," Percy answered distractedly. He couldn't even remember how much he paid, and despite how it should have alarmed him in some way to lose it in such a destructive way, he just couldn't seem to get upset about the damage. It was just a house. The price of anything simply didn't matter to him. Why should it? He had more money than he'd ever spend. None of the places he'd ever lived had felt like a home. On that front, sitting here with Leon in his cabin was the closest he'd ever felt to home, leading him to believe that it was possibly the person he was with rather than the structure.

The magic that caused it was a more pressing concern, but even that worry was dwarfed by the other things on his mind. That didn't keep him from chattering on about the subject at hand, though. "I'll call our contractors tomorrow to get them started on repairs. It'll probably take two to four months, depending on whether I wrecked the foundation or not," he mused, pushing the porridge around with his spoon.

After a second or two, Percy seemed to realize something. Leon wasn't eating and was instead asking about the house with his eyes out the window. Peering across the table at his lover, he tried to read him but came up empty. Was he perhaps upset about the idea of Percy staying for that long? As much Percy very much wanted to be with him while they dealt with this updated situation, it still weighed on his mind that it might be too much for Leon to handle. Forcing it would be selfish. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat, wrapping an arm around his middle. "Uhm, don't feel obligated to take me in for that long, okay? I have a dorm aboard the S.S. Endeavor I can go stay in. I'm sure the guild has wondered what happened to me anyway," he said in a quiet voice, offering a strained smile though he kept his eyes on his food, "I just need to find out where they'll be anchoring... I can call Dagda tomorrow."

[wc: 718 || total: 36511]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 30th April 2021, 7:08 pm

"What?" Leon perked up at Percy's sudden apologetic attitude, a little shocked and irritated that such a thing was even a thought in his head. For the first time since they sat down for dinner, Leon looked him in the eyes. "You act like we're still coworkers. 'Course you're staying with me, stupid. You're gonna have'ta fight me if you wanna go somewhere without me. Sheesh, man..."

Leon seemed genuinely annoyed but in a playful and ginger sort of way. He seemed baffled that separation was even on the table, but he began to understand why Percy ended up on that train of that after his small tirade. Percy probably knew just as well as he did as to how damaged and vulnerable the two of them were right now. Not only that, but it also brought up a curious topic—Meliora Vitae.

Ever since Leon had come to Fiore, he had never really considered joining a guild. Most of them were comprised of mages, and Leon wanted nothing to do with it. To some extent, he still felt that way, especially after the war. He worked smaller jobs in Neutral Grounds until Percy picked him up and let him alongside him as his assistant, and the rest was history. Though, now that he thought about it, was Percy his sugar daddy?

"If you still want to get back to that guild though, I understand," Leon leaned back into his chair and laid the top of his foot over Percy's underneath the table, "but I'm coming too. If you don't like it, then you're gonna have'ta fight me on it, and I'm like one-million percent sure that I'll totally body you when you're like this." Leon cracked a small smirk, "Like, man. It's not even a fight. Pft!"

|| Word Count: 297 || Thread WC: 36,808 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 30th April 2021, 9:56 pm

Leon might not have been trying to cheer him up, or even been aware of his increasing insecurities, but he managed to say the right thing. Percy actually released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. So he still wanted to stay together. That settled his stomach, thankfully. He had way more confidence that the meal would stay down now. "Ah, I didn't mean-- I know we're not just coworkers, I just didn't want to, you know, make things difficult," he explained, though his mood was a little bit brighter.

As the other man's foot tapped the top of his, his cheeks flushed and he smiled, some of the tension releasing from his shoulders. He rubbed his foot back against it. "I don't wanna go anywhere without you-- Hey!" he exclaimed in good-natured indignation. "Don't get too full of yourself. I know plenty of tricks to make up for what strength I lack for now. You'd never beat me," Percy simpered, showing the first tinge of interest in his martial arts for the first time since they returned. A glimmer of his cockiness surfaced in his eyes and the way he tilted his head. "Be glad I don't want to leave you behind. I'm being merciful!" It felt good to banter again. He even managed a chuckle. Returning to the overall point, Percy continued. "Maybe we can chill here for a little bit? It's really... comfortable here. I like it. Then I'll take you to MV and you can stay in my dorm. I think you'd enjoy what I do there and the travel. Plus... I'm kinda excited for you to meet Dag..." he trailed, almost seeming cautiously giddy. Dagda was the only person he was close to that wasn't associated with his family. It'd be safe, right?

Actually, the more he thought about it, going to MV felt like the perfect thing to take their mind off of all the heaviness. It was something to keep busy that wasn't his normal work, no projects with deadlines. Only researching beasts and environments. They could use one of the area research trips as an excuse for a vacation. It'd be a little getaway like River Village.

[wc: 366 || total: 37174]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 30th April 2021, 11:40 pm

"Sure, sounds good to me," replied Leon, still ignoring his portion of the porridge. Though he wondered who this "Dagda" guy was since this was the second time Percy had brought him up in the conversation. At first, it was easy to pass him off as something of a coworker or "overseer of dorms" in their case, but Percy began to play with the idea as if they were closer than he let on.

Finally grabbing his spoon but not eating his food, Leon stirred the utensil in the soupy meal almost as if he were mindlessly playing with it. After all, he was eager to keep both his hands and his mind busy while darker thoughts loomed over him.

"Don't force yourself to eat anything you can't keep down. We have to get up early tomorrow, so..." Leon tapped Percy's foot again, twiddling his spoon as he stared across the table, "we'll call it a night after this, okay?"

|| Word Count: 160 || Thread WC: 37,334 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 30th April 2021, 11:59 pm

"I think it might stay down this time," Percy said hopefully, feeling only the slightest bit nauseated, which was quite the improvement over the crippling stomach pains from before. Whether he'd admit it or not, cracking and releasing the pressure like an overboiled kettle had helped, though some other areas had to take the fall for it. Perhaps finally feeling the pain and darkness was worth being able to eat and stay alive, though he sincerely wished Leon hadn't been the one to endure it. He took another spoonful into his mouth but wisely pushed the bowl away right after. After not eating in so long, his stomach had shrunk. He was full and as Leon had warned, he didn't want to push himself.

"Why do we have to get up early?" Percy asked next, slowly getting up from the table. Laying down sounded like a nice idea while his late dinner settled. Even though he'd slept a bit after the party, his episode afterward had taken a bigger toll on him than he let on. The two-toned man was absolutely exhausted, body and soul. He padded to Leon's comfy bed and laid down, not even bothering to take his borrowed clothes off. Sleep was both inviting and terrifying. What should he expect? Would he wake up and lose it, or could he keep his wits about him. Had he triggered Leon today? He eagerly waited for his lover to join him, severely touch starved and wanting nothing more than to curl his arms around his boyfriend. Maybe if they held on tight enough they could hold each other together.

[wc: 270 || total: 37604]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 1st May 2021, 9:54 pm

Once he saw Percy push away his bowl, Leon knew that dinner had come to an end and that it was time for them to finally put their bodies and minds to rest. Leon didn't eat anything, so both bowls of porridge ended up going down the drain without really being touched, but that was the last of his concerns.

"So we can grab you some clothes, Cat a litter box and some food, extra groceries and... what else?" Leon stared at the ceiling in thought as he washed his hands, thoughtlessly tidying up his kitchen before walking over to the bed. Before he could think too hard about, he discarded the thought and walked over to the bed, flicking the lights off before crawling next to Percy. He dragged him into an embrace and kept spooning him from behind, his face buried into that skinny nape of his. "By the way, are you my sugar daddy?"

It seemed like such a weird and sudden question, but with darkness surrounding them and nothing but each other for company, Leon had to keep himself distracted. He could already feel those awful thoughts creeping up on him again, and while he knew he would have to deal with the worst of them soon, it didn't stop him from wanting to avoid it. He desperately wanted to avoid what he knew was going to come to him, and maybe talking themselves to sleep would do that.

|| Word Count: 243 || Thread WC: 37,847 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 1st May 2021, 10:32 pm

As Percy snuggled his back into Leon, he relished the warmth of his lover's arms around his aching belly. It was more soothing than the dark-haired man could ever know. He crooked one arm under his pillow as the other rested over Leon's, idly tracing across his knuckles while he thought. He'd never bought clothes on his own before, not really. Maybe a T-shirt here and there, but for the most part, he was banned from dressing himself because he was awful at it. A Dagger always had a standard to uphold, an image to protect. Percy's disinterest in most other areas of life outside of his lab and magic had all but forced his family to pay a stylist to help him out, but that was fine. The staff taking care of those areas freed him up to stay focused and use the most valuable thing about Percy; his brain.

But why did they have to get up early? He groaned at the thought. With the death of 'personality high' Percy, early morning Percy had died with it. Even his bones were tired at this point, so leaving bed at any other point than when he was good and ready already seemed like a chore that took more energy than he possessed. He'd been just about to grumble about it more openly when Leon said something that caught him off-guard. "...your what?" he barked, twisting just enough in the spoon so he could crane and peer incredulously at his boyfriend's face. "Suga-- pfft!" Percy broke into a fit of giggles, so surprised that he forgot all about the darkness for a moment. Wasn't a Sugar Daddy someone who paid for a bunch of stuff, gave money and gifts to, and otherwise spoiled someone else in return for the company and sexual favors? Oh, well...actually...when it was put that way...

Once he got those under control, he answered with a cheeky smirk. "I guess I am if you're only sleeping with me for my money. Fitting of a true Dagger, I'm sure," he mused in a lightly smug tone, more to tease Leon than anything. It was a funny thought, especially in contrast to how much they actually cared about each other. Was that why Leon had was so sensitive every time he tried to buy him something? After his body shook with more amused chuckles, which he of course tried to stifle but failed, he sighed. "So that makes you my sugar b-baby?" He couldn't even get the term of 'endearment' out all the way before a stutter broke him and he started snickering again. Perseus Dagger, a sugar daddy. How absurd. It was even harder to picture Leon as the sugar baby with that intense face of his.

[wc: 460 || total: 38307]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 2nd May 2021, 9:34 pm

"Oh, but c'mon. Think about it," Leon smiled hard, stifling a snicker of his own as he mouthed his words into Percy's neck, "we've been out of work for a while now, but you totally still take care of me as far as money goes. I'm definitely your sugar baby, Mr. Dagger. Pftaha..."

It seemed like such a silly concept—the two of them being in a Sugar Daddy-Sugar Baby relationship, but was so ridiculous for a different reason. It was no secret that the two of them would die for each other if they needed to, and the chemistry between them had existed long before they had even known each other's names. It was a war that had broken them both, and there was no doubt they'd plunge onto the battlefront again if it meant keeping the other alive. Hell, Percy had little trouble with sending his boyfriend's brother flying across a room in his own home, and Leon still meant it when he said he'd beat the crap out of Percy's grandfather. There were few boundaries the two of them weren't willing to cross for each other, which made the looming thoughts in Leon's head weigh heavier. Snugly, Leon buried his face into the nape of Percy's neck with a melancholy smile on his face.

Later That Night

They continued to chat a little after that. A little banter here and there and eventually they managed to fall asleep, or at least Leon did. But even then, it was short-lived. Like most nights, Leon's nightmares roused him from slumber periodically.

Even when he knew to expect them, it never got easier—or at least not now. He'd still wake up in a cold sweat, out of breath, and his heart beating a million times a minute. He could hear cannon fire and magical spells being cast, screams both blood-curdling and fierce, and that dry and ominous winter breeze whistle past his ears. When it got really bad, he'd wake up grunting and groaning about the missing arm he had, clutching his arm or shoulder as if the wound was still fresh. But even when he came to, a trip to the bathroom was sure to come quickly to wash off the sweat or to even let him unload the vomit that sometimes disturbed him. However, tonight was a little different.

His nightmares always started at a fixed point, like a broken record. It all happened when they were talking about enemy forces, and suddenly his arm would go missing. Sometimes he recognizes it right away, and sometimes the emotions and realization were all a little delayed, but the horror of losing his arm and seeing his blood pour out of his open wound always stayed the same. But this time, there were other memories of Percy there too.

The Percy that cried because of their near separation across borders, the Percy went to fight a war of some other country, the Percy that dealt with the pressure healing or relieving the injuries on soldiers he didn't even understand, the Percy who was so prepared to turn his life around for the better when they came back, the Percy who cried because of a missed picnic, and the Percy who leveled his house once it all came back to him. All of this pain submerged in devotion... it was all Leon's fault.

The whole war was pointless. He was just being selfish and wanting the best of both worlds, even when one of those worlds didn't want him to begin with. If he had just ignored that call that morning, or even hung up after declining the summon back to Bellum, they could've avoided all of this. The pain, the death, the violence, the trauma... they could've avoided it all if Leon hadn't been so selfish and thoughtless. If he had stopped to actually think about what he wanted and what was best for Percy, maybe his lover wouldn't be the weight he was right now. Maybe he wouldn't be so troubled with trauma. Maybe this could've all been avoided if he wasn't such an idiot!

"Gyuh!" Leon jerked away after the finale of his nightmare, his face caked in sweat and his mouth hanging as he panted. As if to confirm things, he looked around his dark home. He was in his cabin, and Robin was there too. When he turned to his side, Percy was there just as he left him, but seeing him only made his heart ache.

His face scrunched up painfully as he carefully but quickly waddled off the bed, heading over to the bathroom where their clothes were still sprawled out. Eagerly, he groped his way through the darkness, finally finding his pants from earlier before fidgeting his way through and pockets and pulling out what he bought earlier.

With the bed in view, Leon stepped out onto his porch with the door cracked open, feeling the cool River Village breeze blow through his inky black hair and against his bare chest. But as if he were a tower of cards, Leon nearly collapsed to the floor with how much his legs and arms were trembling, as if they had finally given way. He sat there with his back against the railing before fidgeting with the pack of cigarettes in his hand, his hands shaking so bad that all of the fumblings his fingers were doing could hardly pluck a cigarette from the paper box.

Tears rolled down his face, his eyes quickly becoming pink as he wore an ugly, pained expression with his lips twisted into a frown and his eyes sharpened into an angry glare. He looked angry, and maybe he was. He was angry at himself and how all of this was because of his own stupidity. The stress was killing him more than he thought, and seeing Percy in that state today was the tipping point. He didn't know what to do with himself or these feelings, because he knew it wasn't something he could dump onto Percy. There was no appointment early enough to accommodate how awful he was feeling at that moment, and he had nothing but money in his pocket and an opportunity to blow it.

Eventually, he managed to light it through all of his shaky movements, and although the first puff made him cough and wheeze a little bit, he continued to smoke it. He smoked it and smoked it until the puffs made his eyes burn more than the tears, and soon, he began to stifle his trembling sobs so that his lover couldn't hear him.

"Hngh... fuck man. Fuck!" Leon cursed as quietly as he could between sobs, his hand balled into a fist as he banged it against his forehead, "I... I...! Fuck... mmgh!"

Leon sat there for a while, clueless and heartbroken with one hand busy with the cigarette, and the other clutching tightly to a small black box. It was a jewelry box for the promise rings he had bought the same day.

|| Word Count: 1172 || Thread WC: 39,479 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 2nd May 2021, 11:38 pm

The ground under his cabin started to rumble a little, just enough to make window panes clank and liquid in cups ripple. Enough for the poor traumatized cat holed up in the other room to balefully yowl and wake Percy up. When he woke, there was a scream on his lips, but he caught it and released it as a deep exhale before it could wake Leon...who he soon discovered wasn't even there. There was a tickle of panic in the back of his mind like the day before, the disassociation just waiting to yank him back into a warzone months in the past. With a grunt, the man rolled to the edge of the bed, sitting there and pressing his palms to his eyes, mentally reciting something under his breath. "It's over, I'm okay, he's okay," he whispered, fingers tapping his skull hard enough to be heard in his inner ear, almost loud enough to drown out the whooshing of his pulse. His control couldn't slip again. If he didn't stop it here, it felt like he'd never be able to.

Opening his eyes, they darted around the rooms. Things he could see. List them. "Coffee cup. Fur rug. Wood beams. Alarm clock," he said, trying to ground himself. Naming off a few more as he stood and started to pace, he let the cool breeze of movement chill his sweaty skin. He could see the room properly now, through his right eye anyway. His left was so blurry he could barely make anything out. He'd forgotten his eyedrops for the past couple of days, and between his inability to produce his own tears and the stress, his injured eye was so dry and irritated that it started leaking blood from the tear duct again. Smearing at it, seeing the red and smelling the metallic tang again threatened his perception. He smelled ice and iron, which didn't fit with River Village or Leon's cabin. What did he really smell? "Leon," he sighed, taking comfort in the woodsy sandalwood and teak soaps from earlier. "Porridge. Cigarette smoke...cigarette smoke?"

The new smell distracted him, halting his pacing. Checking the house, every room was devoid of both Leon and the smoke. That left outside, where they both must be coming from...together? Padding to the door, a tired and stressed Percy opened it and peered out, finding his ragged lover on the wooden porch floor with a cigarette between his fingers. "I didn't know you smoked," he said, voice raspy from sleep and damage from the day before. Of course, he didn't hesitate to step out into the cold and close the door, closing the distance between them to crouch and peer into the dark-haired man's haunted face. He could see the nightmares on Leon, seeming a bit worse than usual, surely no thanks to Percy's own. He'd seen it so many nights that the way the usually non-touchy Percy reached out to run through his dark hair and caress his cheek was habitual, as was the soft, comforting look in his dark-circled eyes. Even though Percy wasn't as strong as before, he could still be a pillar for his boyfriend. He didn't have a choice. Seeing him this way hurt so much that he'd do anything to make him feel better.

Slipping down to join Leon where he sat, he pressed his shoulder against Leon's arm. "...does it help?" he asked, knowing in the doctor part of his brain that he shouldn't be encouraging the bad habit, yet his hand was held out asking for either his own or the one Leon was actively smoking. Yeah, they were bad for your health. So was war. What did it really matter right now? That was a problem for future Percy and Leon.

"I know I made things worse, but you can still talk to me. We can't shut each other out."

[wc: 648 || total: 40127]

Leon Hoffman
    Leon Hoffman

Player 

Post by Leon Hoffman 3rd May 2021, 10:46 am

Seeing Percy step outside made Leon pause only for a moment before he continued his damp breakdown. Like most people, he didn't want to let him see him crying or smoking, but it was a little late to stop that now. Leon could be a passionate man who dealt with his problems firmly, but when his feelings and troubles would catch him off-guard, they always hit him hard.

Leon didn't say anything to Percy at first, relinquishing his pack of cigarettes into his hand as he wept. But just as he did, the split-haired Dagger said something that stunned Leon.

"What? Mmgh..." Leon sniffled and frowned, looking at Percy as if he had just called him out of his name. His face was soft with tears, but his eyes burned with exasperation, his body aching with the pain he was still trying to understand. "You made things worse? I—why are you always like this? Why can't you see it for what it is and say it's my fault?"

Leon looked angry, and maybe he felt angry too. Next to him sat a brilliant man who somehow always managed to find something to take responsibility for, even if it really was nothing at all. It was like he could convince himself everything was fine as long as the people he cared about were fine, even if he wasn't. Something about it just made Leon feel some sort of raw, confusing anger.

"The war, your arm, my arm, the house, the way you've been thinning up, everything that's happened in these last few months—none of it would've fucking happened if I just had my own shit together before getting on that fucking plane!" Leon exclaimed, his deep voice nearly cracking through his exasperation, "I can treat you like shit and you'd still stick around! I can't do anything for you, but I still wouldn't know what to do if you weren't with me! It's fucking pathetic! Umgh..!"

Tears ran down his face, dripping off the tip of his nose, jaw, and chin as he pressed a fist against his eyes. Saying it out loud somehow hurt more than tormenting himself in his own head, especially when Percy was listening. It seemed like he only ever cried in front of Percy, and it always about Percy. Everything he did was for him, and still, he felt like he was just short of decency. Leon couldn't care less about what other people thought of him or Percy or the fact they were together, but he could only wonder what other people would've done if someone like him treated them like this.

"You... deserve someone so much better..." Leon managed to admit in between sobs, though the look on his face looked so pained to accept it. Instead, he fumbled with the ring box again, looking down at the floorboards, "But I really don't want you with anyone other than me—even if I don't treat you right. I know that, and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Percy...! Mmgh!"

|| Word Count: 503 || Thread WC: 40,630 || WC Needed xxx || Job Approval ||
    @Percy

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy 3rd May 2021, 8:33 pm

It was difficult to watch and hear Leon cry. It always was. "You have a lot going on in there. I knew it," he said almost to himself, thinking back to the shower when he had been sure that the taller man had a lot on his mind but wouldn't say anything. Percy listened carefully, taking the cigarettes from him and idly pulling one out. Initially, he stuck it between his lips but knew it was no time to ask for the lighter. He'd wait, so he fiddled with it between his trembling fingers. His other hand reached over and started filtering through those inky locks, noting how long it had gotten for the first time. He didn't mind. "Get it all out," he said, then gave the man time to cry it out while he sat in quiet support.

Once Leon started to wind down, the Dagger started trying to formulate something helpful to say. "Just listen to me for a minute, okay? Like you told me yesterday, you don't have a single thing to be sorry for, Leon. You're being too hard on yourself. Even at your worst, which isn't very bad, you treat me better than anyone I've ever known," Percy said with a small smile. "You make me a better person, you fuss over my bad habits, and you make sure I remember to eat. You make me happy," Percy reassured him, angling his body so he could reach up and use his sleeve to dab at the relentless cascade of tears on his lover's face. At the very least, he wanted to look his boyfriend in the eyes. He wasn't the best at comforting or communicating, so he spoke slowly and carefully to try to minimize any misunderstandings due to poor choice of words. "I don't see someone who treats me bad when I look at you. I see the only person I can be who I really am with, which I've never been able to do before. I was thinking...that I was really lucky, or maybe that the universe was balancing out all of the bad things I've dealt with by letting me have you, this one really good thing. I don't want anyone else to have you either," Percy explained, the same brightness and intensity present in his eyes as when he spoke of his inventions. Leon was that important to him. The awkward man was being rather honest for being sober, but it seemed like the tortured man really needed to hear it, and probably needed to all along. That was on Percy and his ineptitude.

"I guess it is your fault. It's your fault that I got so attached that I didn't want to lose you. It felt like the world fell out from under my feet when you said you were leaving. No matter where or how you went, I would have followed you unless you told me you hated me or something. Sure, in hindsight with what we know now, it might seem like it was a mistake, but there was no way you could have known that at the time. I don't think it was a mistake. You had some very heavy family stuff to work through, just like I still do, and the answers weren't clear-cut. But... if it hadn't happened how it did, we might not be sitting here right now. Would either of us ever acted on our feelings otherwise? I probably wouldn't have. Too scared," admitted the man, reaching back to scratch behind his head. Percy was still a bit scared of it if he was being honest. He was afraid he'd mess it up, or that his family would. If they found out about him, would they have him killed? He lived in terror of that aspect, knowing he was being so selfish that being with Leon might one day be a hazard to his health, and he hadn't even brought it up. Because he thought and desperately hoped it could stay a secret. He hadn't said it yet, but he felt like Leon. He felt like he'd die without Leon now, so what was he supposed to do?

It was nerve-wracking to talk so much, but he had a tendency to talk a lot when it was something he was passionate about. Eventually, he'd find something that would put his lover at ease, right? "I don't want you to feel so guilty. We're gonna make mistakes and bad choices. We're gonna hurt each other sometimes. That's life. I'd rather you be here with me, sharing both the good and bad memories than being at an arm's length. I'd rather argue with you than be ignored because that at least means you care and are invested," he said, referring to most of his family. Other than Artemis, the rest were always so unreachable. Unreactive. Unless he did something that directly threatened the family's reputation or wealth, it was as if he didn't exist, and it was the worst. Dropping his hand to find Leon's empty one-- he hadn't noticed the ringbox at all-- he twisted his fingers between his boyfriend's and leaned down so he could see his face. "You don't care what my name is or how powerful my family is. You call me on my crap when I'm being stupid and you fight with me when I need to be fought with. Even if I get upset at the time, I'm glad. You're so intense and passionate about what you invest in and it's one of the many reasons I love you--"

It'd just slipped out, and Percy started to fumble with it, afraid that Leon had heard it. But...it was true. He did love Leon, and as it hit him forcefully for the first time, tears rushed into his left eye. For all his awkwardness and hangups with affection, he loved this man in front of him so much that sometimes he thought it would squeeze off his air supply. He'd wanted to say it at a better time than this, once they were better and stronger, once this darkness was more of a memory than a disease. Yet here it hung on his lips, begging to be said again. "I love you," he repeated more forcefully.

[wc: 1047 || total: 41677]

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 8:09 am