Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro

Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Inuki: The Demon Dog
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,950

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Numb Angel ❅ Ice Devil
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro Empty You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro

Post by Tess 30th June 2020, 9:11 pm

ALL IN THE NAME OF BEING HOLY
    YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME, YOU COULD BUY ALL THE STARS, CAN'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE

Nothing was truly accidental. Tess had stumbled upon one too many coincidences with disastrous effects that she did not trust fate at all. Behind the scenes, there was always an individual or group pulling the strings. Manipulating them could be yet another puppet master; the trail of deceit went on endlessly and unamusingly. Therefore, the white and blue haired mage was suspicious of the missive she had received in several morning's mail. The delivery boy handed her the packet of letters everyday, but she was only now glancing through the stack built up from the week. Per usual, it was thick and useless. Littered with advertisements—living in Magnolia Town had its drawbacks—from numerous merchants clumsily throwing money into mass promotions. She had received the same letter every four days for nearly four weeks straight now. The new duplicate found its place in the recycling.

Among today's delivery of commercials was a particular notice that caught Tess' eye. Very much like the others, it was a hundred percent a bulletin intended to sell her a product. With all complete honesty, the product in question was not necessarily rare, and she had been handed pamphlets for its purchase previously. Yet, this flyer was special in some way. Most aggravatingly, Tess could not pinpoint what was different about this advertisement from the rest. However, she did not believe in coincidences. On the offhand chance that nothing was out of the ordinary, she would not have paid any attention to the slip at all.

Resolve etched across her face, Tess' fingers left frosty prints on the surface of the paper as she let it flutter down onto the table. Ridiculous. There was nothing remarkable to be found. Her mind was playing tricks on her again, the paranoia crashing down. Shuddering, Tess reached for the brassy door knob of her flat. Likely, the suffocating walls of her tiny room were blocking her mental focus. A short jaunt outside would help.

Cold, fresh air slammed into her face, tightening her skin and shrinking her pores. Tess breathed in the air, reveling in the sharp, almost painful sensation of freezing oxygen sliding down her throat, dissipating into her lungs. It was a beautiful sensation. Of course she could not feel truly cold, but the abrupt change in temperature still had her reeling. Feeling a chill ghost across her skin was a far cry from feeling chilly. Tess shook her head at the semantics. Gazing up at the sky, she noted that it was just past dawn; perhaps a little after six in the morning, shops would be opening up soon. Deciding to take a walk, she stepped down from her door step onto the side walk. To take a left or a right- Tess could not care less. Randomly she swiveled to face one direction, and then she was off. During this time, the busy city felt calmer, but not at all sleepier. Unlike some villages where the entire infrastructure shut down during the night, Magnolia never truly slept.

Bright, bold, and red, a nearby yard sign caught Tess' eye. 'For sale. Certainly nicer than my apartment,' the slayer moved on as quickly as she had stopped. Surveying what she could not afford was asking for trouble. However, the pale haired mage was distracted several more times as she tried to take a stroll down the street. 'Everywhere, advertisements. When will it end?' Tess loathed the way sales were constantly pushed into her face. Taking advantage of people who were not searching to buy, sales strategies garnered the opposite of a positive reaction from the violet eyed girl. Even so, she was not immune to their pull. One in particular caught her eye; it claimed to dispel any enchantments influencing the user, as if to ignore how the advertisement was utilizing attraction charms at that very moment. Tess snorted, before catching herself in the midst of the unladylike act and transforming it into a condescending sniff. Her charade only lasted a few more seconds before the girl burst into giggles, leaning against a metal railing nearby. This path overlooked the river that ran through Magnolia Town, and there was a barrier for safety reasons.

Truth be told, that ad for the anti-control amulet reminded Tess of the pamphlet which had strongly hogged her attention earlier. Thinking of it, she must have been caught by a compulsion of some sort. The mere thought of that made Tess bitter. A great number of innocents could have been influenced by their schemes. It made her upset, sad even, to be unable to break the hold mass marketing had over the populace.

Out of the corner of her eye, a dark shape attracted her attention. Perhaps something could be done. Tess slowly crossed the street, keeping her eyes trained on the box of a building. Brick and glass, it was very modern in structure: practical and reminiscent of an office. What interested Tess were the words emblazoned across the front. "Fairy Tail," the slayer mused. Without realizing it, she took quick steps across the street, crossing illegally to stand on the other side of the avenue. By now, Tess had been drifting on the streets of Magnolia Town for over an hour. The hall looked to barely be open. For such a famed organization, she was surprised by the plainness, aside from the obnoxiously shining golden letters. Releasing a breath she had not realized she was holding, Tess stepped up to the doors and shoved them open, overtaken by curiosity.

Immediately, upon entering, her mind searched for something to say. Truly, Tess had walked in on a whim, but she knew the organization also sold magical goods and services, taking jobs across Fiore and internationally. The white and blue haired mage was more interested in investigating what they were selling when it came to wares. On the off chance that there was a tracking spell, she could use it to locate the sender of that dreaded flyer from earlier. Aside from that interest of hers, Tess could potentially be intrigued by many products. In particular, she sought the same from every vendor: a particular subset of potions. Any concoctions intended for usage to put the drinker to sleep, work as anesthesia, induce numbness, or even stunt emotions and create apathy were an immense attraction for Tess. Extremely lethal doses of poison and light healing potions were always nice, but far more readily available in high quality. At least, in her experience.

She saw two different counters; on her left wasa long, messy table, while some sort of official-looking area sat to her right. On instinct, Tess steered away from that, until she found herself in front of the bar. "Hello," her voice slipped out, smooth and clear even in the bustle of people chattering away and coming and going. Tess supposed the hall was less chaotic than usual, being so early in the morning. Still, as a popular guild, it was bound to be mildly busy regardless. "Could I get a bottle of water?" At a loss for words, she ended up ordering the first thing that came to mind. Passing over a few hundred jewels, the slayer accepted back her change with a vague smile. 'Tess, what are you doing here?' She questioned her actions. There were no magical artifacts in sight; no mysterious brews to investigate. 'I need to locate something of value or else leave before I waste more money on water,' the white haired girl berated herself internally.

Words ;; 1,251 ❅ OOC ;; Long background post, things should get shorter as the thread continues!

Formatless:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I WONDER WHEN THIS WILL ALL DISAPPEAR
    ❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro PXRL2Kd
    CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Dark Matter Ascendant
    Experience : 1,644,378

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Circle Magic.
    Second Skill: Dark Matter Transcendency.
    Third Skill: Dark Matter Ascendancy.

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro Empty Re: You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro

Post by Aven Alveron 30th June 2020, 11:39 pm

The start of his day was average, Aven would say, waking with the ghost of a yawn, and a mile wide stretch. Since his promotion to Ace of Human Resources, his presence at the Guild Hall had been far more important than any time in his Wizarding career. Career...? He sighed, rising from the comfy confines of his bed to take on the day. These days, he barely made a second glance at the myriad of scars running along his skin, their impact faded from both sight and mind; even in front of the bathroom mirror, his only real concern was correcting his hair from the raging waters of the shower head. When he was working at the guild, Aven had re-adopted his formal attire, finding the presence it gave him more appropriate for resolving disputes and addressing concerns, a snow-white suit that soon covered any semblance or fleeting memory of the scars that had long since healed.

An unfortunate side-effect of his position, a number of Fairy Tail members were early risers, even more so than Aven himself. Over the past few weeks, he'd grown accustomed to seeing his own breath in the morning air, a pleasantry he shared with every other unfortunate soul awake at the break of dawn. Luckily for Aven, his apartment was just a hop, skip, and a few brief teleports away, the convenience of bending space time a godsend for his ever-present punctuality, transforming what should have been a fifteen minute commute into a simple expenditure of Dark Energy. Twenty-six seconds, as he'd last clocked it, including the average seven seconds he normally took to gaze off the roof of the Cathedral over the town. It was a beautiful sight, not all too dissimilar in aesthetic from the sunset he used to watch off the roof of his childhood home.

Today, however, the Cathedral was not his only stop; a slight caveat to the convenience of teleportation was the usage of his energy, which in turn kept his magic sensory active and searching. As Aven's form reassembled from black particles on the roof of the Guild Hall, he sensed a magic presence he didn't recognize below him. Strange. So early in the day, it was rare to have visitors to the Guild Hall, except on either urgent business, or specialty requests. A representative from another Guild, perhaps? His senses reached out for more information, but from that distance, he couldn't glean much else. He glanced down at his time piece, and shook his head. Thirty-seven... Perhaps, his focus was slipping?

Entering the Guild Hall from the roof, the hardened soles of his dress shoes tapped rhythmically down the stairs, leading him to the main hall at behest of his magic sensory. A quick scan revealed little about who was giving off that signature, though Nessa's cute new outfit caught his eye, his friend and senior Ace sitting at the bar. Disregarding that errant magic signature, which was still pinging against the back of his consciousness, he wondered if now would be a good time to talk things over with her? It'd been awkward between them ever since her Birthday party, and now, more than ever, he wanted to move back toward how things used to be: back to when they'd first joined the guild.

Making his way over to the bar, his thoughts distracted him from the steadily increasing ping of a foreign magic signature, and he sat down next to Nessa, gently smiling over at her. "It's a wonderful morning out, isn't it?" Too late, after the words had escaped his lips, did he realize that this was not, in fact, Nessa Cordelia Lux, but someone completely different. In fact, as he rushed to quash the embarrassment that was rising up in his gut, he finally took notice of the subtle waves of magic energy the young woman was emitting. She's the newcomer! His mind racing, Aven's head spun trying to change over from friendly conversation mentality to formal Ace mentality. "Oh, I apologize, I didn't introduce myself! Aven Alveron, I'm one of Fairy Tail's Aces; is there something that I can help you with?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 693.]

Last edited by Aven Alveron on 1st July 2020, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro Aven_Sig
    Tess
    Tess

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Dragon Slayer- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro Empty Re: You Keep Buy'in Stars ❅ Open / Intro

Post by Tess 1st July 2020, 12:09 pm

Initially, Tess was taken aback when a man slid into a seat right next to her. 'There's plenty of space at the bar. What is he doing?' Rather than feeling uneasy, she calmed her pulse and gazed down at the water bottle clutched in her hands. While it might have been rude to simply ignore him, she saw from a split second's glance that he was a mage, the power visibly emanating off of the man in a unique magical signature. Tess stole another brief look in his direction, only to be met with a lovely, soft smile. 'This guy! Why does he look like that? I guess I'm happy he seems to have woken up on the right side of the bed this morning, but it feels a bit strange,' the slayer reflected, biting her lip.

Words flowed into her ear at a conversational volume. Physically turning her attention to the other mage to avoid being taken as rude, Tess offered him a light grin when he chose to talk about the weather. 'He seems so very sweet. I wonder if he-' Her train of thought was brought to a halt as his demeanor suddenly shifted into a far more formal manner. Straightening up, Tess shifted backwards and away ever so slightly. 'Did I do something wrong?' Alarm bells rang in her head, but she continued to hold a polite expression on her face. The emerald eyed stranger spoke again, his words holding a hint of an emotion Tess could not place. While she had suspected he was a Fairy Tail mage, it was reassuring for her assumptions to be confirmed. "Tess, just call me Tess. I'm glad to meet you, Aven," the white haired girl flashed him a beaming smile, hoping it wasn't too forward to call him by solely his first name.

"I am looking for a few magical items, which I heard your guild might have available for a price." Tess paused, debating inwardly whether she ought to tell him more specifically what she was seeking. "Potions, mostly—anything for sleep, or pain relief to numb the coldness of the outside world," she joked, her eyes still trained on him, gauging his reaction. Chemical and physical remedies did help her accomplish what she needed to be done. Tess personally preferred to use magic, as the side effects were typically easier to deal with and less unpredictable. The slayer also was acutely intrigued at the concept of magical artifacts, but she would put off that conversation for now as she awaited Aven's answer.

Words ;; 425 ❅ Thread ;; 2,369 ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

Last edited by Tess on 1st July 2020, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

❅STARING OUT OVER THE SKY, I SAY DREAMS ONLY, MAKE THE PAIN STOP. THEN I WAKE UP. NOTHING LASTS FOREVER❅

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 1st July 2020, 12:56 pm

Drat, that was awful! With that sudden shift toward the end of the bar, it didn't take a genius to notice he'd startled her. With a small exhale, he let some of the tension out of his shoulders, allowing himself to relax, resting his elbows on the bar in front of him. Hopefully, the conversation was salvageable. He smiled a shade brighter as she introduced herself, glad to see his faux pas hadn't hindered her too heavily. "It's a pleasure, Tess." She seemed to prefer first names, over titles or family, which explained a good deal of why his sudden change in tone startled her. Casual it was.

Tess took to explaining her aims, the last of which Aven couldn't help a light chuckle at. "Spoken like someone who's felt that cold one too many times." He paused for a moment, considering her question before answering. "In honesty, Fairy Tail is more of a medium for business than an actual outlet. We support Wizards by offering them various jobs, of many kinds, and provide an environment for those Wizards to meet, work, and grow together. In terms of sales, I'm afraid one of the only tinctures popular around here is the Juice bar!" A bright laugh echoed out, as he motioned to the Bartender with a finger, who waved the gesture away with an 'I got it, I got it'. Aven always ordered the same thing in the morning: a cup of hot, plain Apple Cider. "If sleep aids and pain killers are what you need, I think I could introduce you to a wonderful Apothecary here in Magnolia, works around the Northeastern part of the Market District. Most of anything I could personally do, or have the Wizards here help with, is of a strictly magical nature."

The Bartender slid a mug expertly across the wooden finish to rest in front of Aven, who, after taking a sip, he regarded Tess once more. "Personally, I don't know if there's any potion to fully numb the harshness of the outside world. I do find, though, that a little bit of warmth and a smile can brighten up even the darkest of rooms, just like you're doing now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 368.]
    [Thread Count Total: 3429.]

Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 1st July 2020, 1:27 pm

The slayer smiled as he took to her joke well enough. Though she was hardly the cynical type, it would be foolish to stubbornly ignore the pain and suffering ever-present in the world. Tess listened carefully as Aven went on to describe the purpose of Fairy Tail in greater detail. 'He sounds like a fellow out on the marketplace recruiting members for a pyramid scheme,' the white haired girl winced at that thought, brushing it away without lingering on the unpleasant concept. Most likely, he ran into so many mages here that the speech was on the tip of his tongue—well memorized and therefore delivered like an infomercial. As he reeled down to a short stop, a bursting declaration came out of his mouth that the juice bar was the only medicine she could find. 'Fair enough,' the young mage snorted.

When Aven suggested to show her to an apothecary, she paused to genuinely consider his kind offer. 'Would an apothecary have what I am looking for? Perhaps not, but on the off chance that an interesting concoction is available, it would be a good idea.' Tess smiled at Aven, visibly grateful for his proffered helping hand. It seemed the rumors she had heard about Fairy Tail were wrong, and they did not necessarily offer potions like a store—yet this would not be entirely a waste of time.

"Would you? I am new to the area," she would let him know, since it was impossible to tell if he had noticed already. "As an Ace of Fairy Tail, you must be rather busy, though, so if it is far away, I shouldn't like to waste your time," Tess provided him an opportunity to refuse, should he have mentioned playing guide out of politeness rather than interest. A short silence fell upon them, though not of the uncomfortable sort, when Aven accepted a mug from the bartender and drank briefly.

Unsurprisingly, he was insightful. While no potion could numb the suffering that could be witnessed everywhere, there were ways to help keep the hurt at bay. For several reasons, Tess could feel her idea of such methods were quite different than the other pale haired mage. When he went on to say a smile could light up the darkest room, even going so far as to reference hers, Tess laughed outright, bright and clear. "You're incredibly sweet. I could say the same for yours," to some extent, she definitely was in accordance with the concept that a positive demeanor and outlook improved the quality of life. Of course, potions did help substantially.

Words ;; 432 ❅ Thread ;; 3,861 ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Althea
    Althea

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 
    Lineage : Eater of Dreams
    Position : Shitposter
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Mentor : Mura Kensho
    Experience : 3,920

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Althea 1st July 2020, 10:51 pm

kuylrue

word count: 477
    thread word count: 4,338
    tagged: @

٩( ๑•̀o•́๑ )و
    Althea wasn’t a morning person.  Well, she wasn’t necessarily a night owl either, she had no reason to stay awake when everyone else was asleep.  But no matter how you cut it, she could never find an excuse to wake up at the same time the sun rises.  All interesting events of the day were limited to the afternoon, so there was no need to bother.  Her sleep schedule consistently omitted any of the earlier hours of the day for the sake of “maximum efficiency”, and thus far she’d found it satisfactory to wake up at noon and sleep at around 10 pm.  Sure, the blonde’s been told in the past that hibernating for fourteen hours a day isn’t healthy, but it was important to stockpile sleep for later.   After all, Althea was functionally an adult, no one had the authority to set her bedtime and her “job” had no formal hours.

But evidently, the slayer was awake despite the fact it was sunup.  This wasn’t because she finally realized that her sleep schedule was ridiculous, she just hadn’t gotten around to sleeping yet.  There was been this whole fiasco the blonde had to take care of on the other side of the country.  And by the time she returned to Magnolia, it was already early in the day.  It didn’t help that her intense aversion to public transportation meant she had to run back on foot, only serving to intensify her exhaustion.  And so Althea was simply trying to enjoy a nice, relaxing juice box when she noticed the presence of two others also sitting at the bar.  She could easily recognize one of them as Aven, one of her associates at the guild, but the silver-haired lady was a mystery.  They seemed to be engaged in some sort of pleasant exchange… or was that just what they wanted her to think??

After doing a light amount of “accidentally overhearing their conversation”, the mage was able to catch the lady referring to Aven as “sweet” while making a bright expression.  But… wasn’t this what they called sarcasm?  It would make sense if she called him “salty” since his hair was white.  But sweet?  That’s just confusing.  Or perhaps the mystery lady was trying to eat him?  Althea wasn’t really a fan of the idea of cannibalism, but it wasn’t like she would judge someone for it.  However, if her fellow Fairy Tail ace was in a pickle, it would only be appropriate to help him out.

As discreetly as possible, Althea slid over towards the pair.  “Pssst, Aven,”  The young girl’s whisper might as well be a shout at the volume she was using.  “If you’re being bullied right now, we can tag team this.”  Her gaze darted between the mystery lady and Aven, “I won’t let you get eaten, just give me the signal.”

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 2nd July 2020, 1:19 pm

Tess was an intriguing conversationalist, a thought that crossed Aven's mind as the breath from his nose wiped away the steam from the cup. Far from an easy read, he couldn't quite get a handle on what she was thinking, a difficulty he didn't often come across. He grinned, as she bounced his compliment back, hiding any doubts behind the light of his smile. A thin veil of indifference, almost apathy, hung loosely around her words and expressions, obscuring him from the full picture. Luckily, he wasn't one to pry too deeply, and he could simply take her words for face value.

Coincidentally, someone else nearby had adopted the same approach- though, perhaps out of ignorance- and taken it to the extreme. Aven's eyebrows raised as Althea slid onto the seat next to him, speaking in a loud whisper, like a thespian on a stage. Speaking of wizards he hadn't quite figured out, yet, Althea was an eccentric one. After his initial shock, he broke into a short, bright laugh, glancing back at his compatriot. "No, no, everything's fine!" He briefly wondered: how on Earthland did she come to that conclusion? Gesturing to the Water-Slayer, he turned back to Tess. "Forgive me, this is Althea, one of the fellow Aces of Fairy Tail. I think she may have misheard our conversation, somehow." He set his cup down, already halfway empty. "On topic, it wouldn't be any trouble at all! I'm a man of my word, and as you can see, I'm not the only Ace holding this place together." A quick glint shone in his eyes, betraying a flash of curiosity behind them. "If I may, however, I'd like to ask you about that magic of yours; I sensed from all the way on the roof. I'm a bit of a magic researcher, and I've never come across anything quite like your signature before, and was wondering what magic you practice?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 322.]
    [Thread Count Total: 4660.]

Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 2nd July 2020, 1:56 pm

'If he were being bullied?' The slayer's white and blue hair swayed gently as she tilted her head in the direction of the newcomer. 'If she means to accuse me, she's sorely mistaken,' Tess thought wryly, not allowing her smile to become strained even though a tinge of embarrassment spread through her cheeks. One of the young mage's goals was to protect others, and engaging in bullying would be quite simply the opposite. Naturally, she could not be ashamed only from the indiscreet words of a teenager—never mind the fact that Tess was barely older, herself—as she had to have higher standards than allow herself to be impacted by careless assumptions.

Besides, the blonde spoke of being eaten, and the notion was nothing sort of amusing. In fact, Tess decided to giggle lightly, playing it off as a joke though the strange mage—her signature was clearly that of a wizard—did not appear to be speaking in jest.

Aven appeared to be in shock, before he reassured the girl that he was quite alright. Introducing her as another ace of the guild, Tess kept her eyes trained on the new variable to the situation. "I'm happy to meet you, Althea, no matter what you misconceptions you may have had about my words to Aven," the bright eyed mage offered her a slight, but genuine, smile. Regardless of the odd start, she was sure they could find common ground that did not involve cannibalism. "I reassure you, what I said was intended as a compliment, nothing more." Aven was very easy on the eyes, admittedly, but she had certainly not intended for her words to come across as anything besides a genuine appreciation for his kindness. Surely another mage might intend the adjective 'sweet' in a 'I will eat you alive' type of way; furthermore, she was sure some female mages were interested in him like that, but Tess had a much less forward style.

Once again, Tess turned her focus to the first Fairy Tail wizard she had been approached by this morning. Listening carefully to his words, she nodded slowly. It was fair, then, for him to inquire about her magic in return for his generosity. Judging by how the man thought of himself, the young slayer equally guessed he would be disappointed if she thought of it transactionally. Instead, it was a request, able to be denied—was it not?

Yet, the still vaguely smiling girl slowly slipped off of the bar stool she sat on and stood at her full height. "I use angelic ice magic," Tess said distractedly, her palm outstretched to touch Aven's shoulder. Her fingertips barely a few centimeters away, they hovered in the air just above physical contact. She paused, a thought occurring to her. "May I?" Glancing at Althea, the white haired female wondered if she shouldn't be attacked, her actions mistaken for another attempt at bullying the emerald eyed fellow.

Words ;; 487 ❅ Thread ;; 5,147 ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Althea
    Althea

Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Hired Help- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Over Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Solo Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Hero- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Althea 2nd July 2020, 3:50 pm

kuylrue

post word count: 493
    thread word count: 5,640

٩( ๑•̀o•́๑ )و
    Althea had come into the conversation prepared for warfare, but her expectations had been dashed right away.  “Huh?  Really?”  The teen muttered, her blue eyes wide as she listened to the two clarify the context of their interaction.  She was nearly positive there was harassment of some sort underway, but the mystery lady was simply trying to compliment Aven?  Making such an elementary mistake in regards to reading the situation was a bit embarrassing for the youth.  Perhaps she was still on edge from her job?  Her work environment often called for one to expect the worse of a situation, but Althea tried to not carry that mindset to her more leisurely hours.  Constantly being prepared to spill blood was part of her nature, but she’d been told in the past that relaxation was vital to ensure good body condition.

Well, all that mattered was that she’d burst into a conversation without understanding a thing.  So how Althea apologized would be vital in repairing the mystery lady’s impression of her.  “Whoopsie!  Sorry about misunderstanding!” There we go, a perfect apology.  “As Aven already said, I’m Althea!  Oh, just Thea’s fine too.  Nice to meet you, mystery lady!”  The follow up was perfect as well.  “Yeah, everyone in the guild works together and stuff, but honestly I don’t feel like I’m doing anything.  I may even be doing less work than Mura.”  Wow, that sounded a lot worse out loud than it did in her head.  To be fair, how often did she catch her guild master doing paperwork or whatever?  That’s right, zero times.  And compared to the workers who sat at cubicles all day, Althea felt like her contribution was not that substantial.  Sure, she did “favors” for the Magic Council and advertised the guild’s good side, but that stuff was pretty easy to accomplish.

“Ooh, yeah, right, your magic!  From the sound of it, it seems pretty interesting!”  The slayer’s eyes were alight with anticipation as the mystery lady left her seat at the bar.  No matter how much she traveled around, Althea never got tired of witnessing a magical spectacle.  The mage had already noticed the presence of some kind of magical prowess from the female, but had completely forgotten about it in light of Aven being "bullied".  But before the mystery lady used her nifty sounding magic, she turned towards the young girl for permission.  Why she’d feel the need to ask was completely beyond Althea, but it wasn’t like she had any reason to refuse.

“Yeah, go ahead!  Turn him into an ice cube!”  She cheered, her expression bright despite her rather morbid words.  “And since you’re showing yours, we might as well show ours, right Aven?”  She spun around to face the white-haired geometry mage, her blue eyes sparkling with excitement.  Althea typically refrained from using her magic in places inappropriate for combat, but she had already been swept away by her own sense of excitement.

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 2nd July 2020, 8:03 pm

Aven glanced back and forth between the two, his smile wavering between gentleness and a genuine anxiety. "Don't I get a say in this...?" There weren't many magics or powers that phased the white haired youth, but he'd good reason to hesitate in this instance. Angelic Magic. From the few warnings Aviel had given Aven when training him in the use of his bloodline's heritage, Dark Matter, the Seraph had strongly cautioned him against Holy powers. Despite his own gentle nature, Dark Matter was a volatile and cruel substance, specializing in the corruption and subsequent conversion of both Demonic and Mortal magical forces into Dark Energy. It's one true weakness was Holy power, the same that was once used to seal it away; not bearing the limitations of mortal and demonic forces, Aviel demonstrated it to have the opposite effect, eroding and weakening Dark Matter itself.

Unfortunately, Aven was entirely comprised of said material. His greatest strength, perhaps, as it granted him an unprecedented defensive power, but also his greatest weakness. Holding up a hand, Aven smile was still a tad nervous. "That wouldn't happen to be Holy Magic, would it? Holy Magics and I, we don't mix very well." In his palm, pitch black particles gathered from the surrounding air, and formed into a miniature statue. A figurine, in fact, of Tess herself, sitting on a bar stool. "I'm not exactly human, you see: my body is comprised of the same material you see here, held together by my soul." He relaxed his expression as much as he could, trying to appear casual in the sudden dismissal. He hadn't had the pleasure of feeling Holy Power on his body, but after seeing how Aviel's Lightspear had sliced through a block of Dark Matter like molten butter, he wasn't exactly eager to find out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Word Count: 305.]
    [Thread Count Total: 5944.]

Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 2nd July 2020, 10:37 pm

The pale haired slayer ignored the girl's mention of shirking work with a wince, hoping that she was jesting. When Althea responded to her perhaps unnecessary request for permission, Tess fought back the smile that threatened to overwhelm her face. "Turn him into an ice cube? While not my intent, that would be lovely," at this point, unable to control her expression, the young mage let out a laugh at the idea. Although the white and blue haired girl had no intention of trying to solidify Aven into a statue, he would make an extraordinary ice sculpture. Scrutinizing his features for a brief moment, she then averted her eyes, cleared her throat, and continued on, "I would love to see your magic as well, Althea," Tess smiled gently at the blonde. She appeared to be rather overexcitable, but undoubtedly the other female wielded powerful magic.

On the other hand, Aven no longer seemed to be as enthused about a live demonstration of Tess' abilities with him as a human subject. "Do you want one?" The violet eyed girl teased, in regards to his question of whether he had the option to back out of this situation. She gauged his reaction carefully, despite her light tone. The older mage looked to be considering his options with a healthy amount of caution, even overly so for a mere bit of fun. If he bolted for the door, she made no promises not to laugh at his expense. Of course, she would apologize later—but what was she saying? Tess bit her lip. 'Unlikely that I shall encounter them again, except by chance in Magnolia Town,' she mused.

When Aven raised his hand, Tess raised a brow, waiting for him to speak. 'Holy Magic? Is he a demon?' Eyeing the other white haired mage dubiously, the slayer spoke with a hint of curiosity and amusement clear in her voice. "In fact, it would happen to be holy magic," she informed him of the apparently unpleasant news. Paying close attention to his own demonstration, Tess tilted her head to gaze at the small statuette from another angle. 'Am I vain, to admire it?' Shrugging inwardly, she lifted her eyes up to meet a pair of vaguely nervous emerald ones. To be quite fair, the female could not be sure whether her mind was imagining his apprehension.

"No demonstrations on you, then,"
    Tess cast him a friendly smile. She pulled her fingers well away from his body, before holding up her hand horizontal with her waist. Palm up, the white haired mage hoped she wouldn't crack the flooring. Taking a deep breath, Tess' fingers glowed with a silver light before frost spread out from her feet, coating the ground nearby. Unfortunately, the majority of her magic was intended to work on and affect others. Those spells of hers which did not require a target within arms' reach tended to work in pulses affecting the surrounding area.

However, she was loath to use any of them in such a crowded place; the guild hall was populated enough to worry that someone might be like Aven, particularly effected by her brand of magic, no matter how comparably weak it may be. "Stop that," Tess rolled her eyes as her frost crawled towards a nearby wall, briefly climbing up the vertical plane before curling back onto itself at her sharp rebuke.

Words ;; 563 ❅ Thread ;; 6,507 ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Althea 7th July 2020, 3:20 am

kuylrue

word count: 357
    thread word count: 6864

٩( ๑•̀o•́๑ )و
    It seemed that the mystery lady was on board for the plan to ice Aven.  But for some reason, the potential victim wasn’t such a big fan.  Aven seemed a bit reluctant to serve as a test subject for the holy magic.  It was odd since he was the one who suggested it in the first place, but after hearing his explanation it was only reasonable.  Althea was surprised to find that her long-time colleague possessed such a funky body, but she too could barely be called human.  Well, the young girl’s situation was probably a whole lot different from Aven’s, so she might as well ignore it entirely.  However, it must be inconvenient to walk around with such a glaring weakness.  What if someone lightly sprinkled holy magic all over Magnolia?  Maybe it was balanced out by that cool sculpting ability?  The miniature model of the mystery lady was rather impressive.

However, the youth’s deep contemplation immediately came to a close the moment the silver-haired stranger made a small display of their magical abilities.  It was magic appropriate for its name, but the thing that caught the slayer’s attention was the small degree of sentience it had.  The lady had spoken softly, but not soft enough for Althea not to pick up on the quiet rebuke.  The ice seemed to react to the words, however, the mage had no desire to learn why or how.  Sure, she was curious about the magic’s true nature, but she also had a strict policy against being overly nosy about other’s magic.  And so, she decided to simply pretend to not notice anything amiss.

“Ooh, nice!”  Althea chirped, her gaze glued to the newly frosted surfaces.  “It’s too bad Aven ended up being allergic to your magic.  Maybe you could still give him a little poke?  It’ll be fine as long as he doesn't die instantly.  We can patch him up afterward, and I’m sure he’s been through worse anyways.”  The youth cast a glance at her associate, “My magic doesn’t really work well on a small scale for offensive stuff, but I can show off its healing abilities…”

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 10th July 2020, 2:09 pm

Aven watched with colored interest as ice spread across the floor, creeping toward the walls with a determined gait. It advance was halted by a sharp word from Tess, prompting another spark of curiosity in Aven's mind: was her magic, itself, conscious, or was that a subconscious blip in Tess' control? The second implication held a tinge of rudeness, and he decided it best not to inquire on the subject.

Althea, meanwhile, continued on what he'd thought a closed subject. Aven let out a small sigh; he should have remembered how rambunctious and awkward the guild members could be, at times. An unfortunate side effect of their experiences in the Wizarding field, he found that many powerful wizards had forgotten what it was like to be a normal person, unable to access powerful healing magics at will. As the heir to a noble household, Aven was obligated to attend some social functions in high society, which tended to ground his frame of reference to back to how a normal person would think. By all conventional means, it was an outlandish idea to most people to casually suggest harming another person, on the pretense that the injury could simply be healed.

Shaking his head, Aven gave his fellow ace a light rebuke of his own, an uncharacteristic hint of impatience in his tone. "The matter was already discussed and decided, Thea. Tess is a guest of Fairy Tail; there's no reason to involve her with my problems." Turning his attention to Tess, Aven smiled warmly. "In any case, that's truly a lovely magic; it was kind of you to entertain my selfish request, considering you came here for help. The Apothecary in question should be open soon, if you'd like to head out? We could talk a bit more along the way, of course!" Hopefully, their guest hadn't been put off by the flippant suggestion.

[Word Count: 315.]
    [Thread Count Total: 7178.]

Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 10th July 2020, 3:39 pm

Tess' gaze sharpened ever so slightly at the young blonde's words. Although she maintained the beatific smile on her face, it tightened a tad bit as her eyes flashed almost imperceptibly. "I'm not in the habit of harming people for fun," the pale haired female said lightly, "Or at all. Aven appears to be in perfect health," as the words left her mouth, she glanced briefly at the other white haired member of the conversation. "I could not forgive myself for deliberately changing that." Generally, her magic did not cause painful wounds; it had a numb-like quality that damaged without inflicting discomfort. Regardless, she was not willing to risk hurting Aven due to his aversion to holy magic—as Althea had stated, an "allergy."

While she couldn't accept deliberately causing injury to this kind man, Tess was in a different boat in regards to herself. "You are free to use your healing abilities on me to demonstrate, though," the violet eyed slayer would let the younger girl know in a lower voice. Personally, her tolerance for pain was so high the threshold did not exist in practice. Self-harm was more acceptable in the "Maybe we can chat about that later," she would offer the other a genuine, friendly smile before turning to Aven.

"It was a pleasure to entertain your request and a delight to see your magic," the white and blue haired slayer would attempt to correct his claim that it was a selfish proposal. Irrespective of her original intentions in visiting Fairy Tail's Hall, Tess was thankful for this encounter—and opportunity. "I would love that," she told Aven, honesty clear in her voice. Perhaps Althea would also join them—the pale mage was hesitant to ask. Not only did she appear a busy individual but it was also entirely possible she had no interest in visiting an apothecary.

Words ;; 308 ❅ Thread ;; 7,486 ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Althea 14th July 2020, 12:39 am

kuylrue

word count: 345
    thread word count: 7,831

٩( ๑•̀o•́๑ )و
    Althea had previously been stoked to witness a cool spectacle, but her hopes were quickly dashed.  Apparently, mystery lady and Aven weren’t a fan of the “let’s almost kill Aven” idea.  And they both shot down the suggestion so hard, was Aven allergic to holy magic and fun??  Althea couldn’t help but frown as she tried to understand where exactly the problem laid.  She could see no issues with her suggestions, actually, it was clearly one of the better ideas she’s had.  Aven gets blown up, Aven gets healed, it would be like it never even happened.  Perhaps she was missing something?  It seemed that the youth still needed more practice with social interaction, despite the degree to which she’s already improved.

Either way, all the young girl could do was let out a disappointed sigh, “You don’t need to worry about the demonstration then, it doesn’t really matter.  But man, you guys are no fun.”  She huffed, moodily crossing her arms.  Aven especially was weirdly forceful with her, it was almost as if he was speaking to a kid.  Maybe he already got his heart eaten?  The youth was aware that the heart was nothing more than an organ at the center of cardiovascular activities, but her own heart also acted as the center of her emotions.  It wasn’t outlandish to assume Aven could have something similar.

However, the moment an apothecary was brought up, the slayer immediately forgot her vexation.  “Oooh, that’s one of those weird drug places, right?  I’ll tag along then!”  She’d never been to such a store, she never felt a particular need to do so.  However, it was important to go the first time with someone who seemed well accustomed to the “apothecary meta”.  What would happen if she suddenly needed to shop from an apothecary, but they had a secret menu or something you needed a password to access?  Stuff like that happened all the time in a certain coffee shop, and cafes and apothecaries are basically the same things, right?  Or was she thinking of something else...

Aven Alveron
    Aven Alveron

Character Sheet

Post by Aven Alveron 14th July 2020, 1:45 pm

Aven chuckled lightly at his cohort's obvious chagrin. Althea was a bit much to handle, at times, but she was a powerful wizard. They'd almost come toe to toe, at one point, before they'd been interrupted by circumstance. Perhaps, he'd rehash the topic a bit later that day? From the sound of it, she'd be accompanying them to the apothecary, so he'd have plenty of opportunity. "In that case, why don't we head off? Mura should be around upstairs, he can handle things while we're gone."

Rising from his seat, Aven's shoes tapped on the icy floor. He could feel his balance waver slightly, before he regained his composure. Heat steadily sapped from his soles into the ground, as though drawn through a powerful magnet, already beginning to chill his toes. Interesting... He was tempted to inquire further about Tess' magic, a tingling curiosity in the back of his mind, but he suppressed the urge to ask any more. Instead, another idea was rising through the ranks: she wasn't a guild mage, from what he could see. He wondered... would she want to join Fairy Tail? It was a part of his job he seldom explored, recruiting, but he wasn't adverse to giving it a shot. In all fairness, though, it was less an object of laziness or lack of trying, and more a consequence of most members bursting through the door in a glamorous fashion, requesting to join of their own accord. Now that he thought of it, he couldn't remember a single member that had been specifically recruited?

Well, no time like the present. With a bright smile, he slid his cup back to the bartender, made his way toward the door, gesturing back to Tess and Althea. "Shall we?"

[Word Count: 293.]
    [Thread Count Total: 8124.]

Tess
    Tess

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tess 14th July 2020, 2:26 pm

Despite her earlier disapproval at hurting Aven, Tess could not restrain from smiling at the blonde's obvious disappointment. Never mind the strong magical power emanating off of the other; she still had an aura about her of a pettish teen. Much to the white haired slayer's relief, the girl seemed amicable to tagging along. The violet eyed mage would have hated to simply abandon her in the apparent midpoint of their conversation.

"Yes, let us go," she turned to Aven, ready to follow wherever he would lead their little party. Although personally, Tess was not familiar with anyone by the name "Mura," he was likely a higher-up in the guild. Concealing the curiosity nagging inside her, the young slayer watched as Aven stood up and nearly slipped. Immediately, a hand went to her mouth in an attempt to hide her amusement. "My bad," she said, a hint of humor in her voice as she flicked the fingers of her other hand over the thin coating of ice. In an instant, it vanished, melting away without a trace of wetness or other evidence of its presence. Hopefully, the other mage was not allergic enough to experience any effects through his soles. When the brief feeling of entertainment had passed, a flicker of concern shone through her features, but she dismissed it. Correcting her expression back into a soft smile, Tess scolded herself, 'Certainly, he should be perfectly alright. There is no need to jump to conclusions.'

Before Tess knew it, the white haired man was at the door of the hall. Already risen to her feet, the orchid eyed slayer stepped forward at his motioning. "Coming," she called, gladdened for his patience. Disregarding things around her was a difficult task for the white and blue haired mage. She could become absorbed in her surroundings and observing others just as easily as she was enamored by daydreaming thoughts.

Words ;; 316 ❅ Thread ;; 8,440  ❅ OOC ;; Notes

Formatless:

CHARACTERMAGICCOMPANION
    Althea
    Althea

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Althea 23rd July 2020, 11:40 pm

kuylrue

word count: 247
    total word count: 8,687

٩( ๑•̀o•́๑ )و
    Althea was glad to find that her presence on the apothecary visit wouldn’t be rejected.  Of course, she wasn't necessarily expecting rejection, but who knows?  If a completely reasonable idea to ice Aven was rejected, that just proved the world was nonsensical enough that anything could happen.  Despite how the youth had previously dismissed the “demonstration”, she was still a bit hung up on it.  Even Althea herself couldn’t quite grasp why exactly she wanted to see her fellow guild member sustain a grave injury.  It was probably half genuine curiosity, half a craving to see some good ol’ pain and suffering.  Perhaps that wasn’t a particularly good thing when she already considered the other party to be a friend, but she just couldn’t help it.  She was already holding herself back as much as possible, wasn’t that commendable enough?

Anyways, Althea did not need to pay for her juice due to certain Kahoot related benefits.  And thus she was already more than prepared for the trip!  No thieves would be able to pickpocket her with her level of preparedness -- especially because the mage never carried money on her person.  Even the mystery lady’s ice was cleaned up after Aven slipped on it.  “Yeah, let’s get going!” The slayer exclaimed as she slid off her seat, “Maybe we can eat something afterward too.”  There was never a point in the day when the slayer would say no to food, especially so early in the morning.

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 8:19 am