Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Job Opportunity From A Goddess

Thane Starstrider
    Thane Starstrider

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Guild : Forever Alone
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,875

A Job Opportunity From A Goddess Empty A Job Opportunity From A Goddess

Post by Thane Starstrider 13th November 2019, 4:01 pm

Thane

Starstrider
    587/500 words || @muh || Goddess' Guidance #1: The World of Uprising/job sign-up || The WC is being counted from 5th paragraph
    Thane was fast asleep on a trading caravan on which he managed to hitch a ride for a bit of his road. As soon as the caravan reached the point where its and Thane's routes split, the trader woke him up and dumped him out. The man stretched himself, as he took in his surroundings. It seemed that a fair bit of time had pass, as the sun was slowly reaching its sunset stage, signalling that night was drawing ever closer. There was a fork in the road and a sign, notifying travellers of their whereabouts and towns, villages and cities in near vicinity. There was also this pristine gate hovering over the ground. Hold on.

A gate that seemed just a little too out of place? That also had its doors wide open? As if it was inviting Thane inside. The Au Ra looked around himself, but there was only a small group of travellers, who didn't bat an eye at the gate. Perhaps they couldn't see it, for whatever reason? Too many questions without any answers. However, as frightful as the idea seemed, Thane felt inclined to attempt and touch the gate, maybe even pass through, if he was permitted. With quiet steps he approached the pristine gate and touched its edge. It felt like cold metal. When he tried to stick his hand through it, there was no resistance. Nothing was stopping him at that point, but himself. The man took a deep breath and stepped through the gate.

When he stepped outside, Thane was greeted by beautiful blue sky. Ahead of him was a great temple with a statue of a woman that one could only assume was the deity to whom the temple belonged. Before he walked too much forward, a woman with long green hair and staff appeared, along with a boy with angel wings and a white toga. "Hello there, mage! Thanks for answering my call and totally not just choosing this job for its simple requirements and low word count! I am just a simply Completely Inconspicuous Goddess, and I am here with my assistant, The Shouta Angel." The woman spoke up, introducing herself and her companion. Though Thane was slightly confused by some of the parts of her speech. A word count? What did she mean by that? Thane was prepared to toss out a few questions, but the Shouta Angel beat him to the punch.

"Uh, what do you mean by 'word count?' And why are you calling us those weird names, Lady Paluten-AHHHHHHH!" The Angel seemed just as confused as Thane, but a beam of light flashed before Thane and blasts the supposed Goddess' companion away. The worried Au Ra ran a little in the direction of where the Angel was flung towards, but it was no use. Thane hoped that the boy was okay. "Copyrights, Shouta Angel... duh. Anyways, mage, it would be great if you joined forces with us to stop a bunch of bad guys at a ton of planets far away. In order to do that, however, you must first fill out this job application! Simple enough, and free EXP for you!" The woman continued, seemingly unfazed by what had just happened to her companion. And still, the man didn't understand a lot of things that she had said, but a browned scroll and a quill were thrust into his hands.

The title of the scroll said 'Official Job Application', most definitely referring to what the green haired woman had just said. "I am quite confused, to say the least, but I will help you fight these 'bad guys'." Thane agreed to fill out the form. It was probably the price for not having to suffer during the passport procedure. His gaze slid down the scroll, looking at the amount of questions that were written there. It was only a couple, but he knew that if he wanted to get through them in a timely manner, he would have to make those answers as straightforward as possible.

Q1: What is your full name, age and gender?
    Thane Starstrider, 27 years old, male.

Q2: What do you love doing the most?
    I really enjoy reading and learning, but most of all, I love to travel to any all corners of the world.

Q3: What is your favourite food?
    Weird question in an application to fight evil, but if I had to pick one, it would be a bowl of rice with spicy meat of whatever had been hunted that day and veggie variety.

Q4: What is your favourite drink?
    Still a strange question, but fresh, stream water. The colder the better.

Q5: What do you like to wear in everyday life?
    How does this pertain to fighting 'bad guys'? Anyway, I like to just wear my gear. It makes me feel protected, while not impairing my movement too much.

Q6: Do you have somebody you fancy?
    What kind of question is this? No, I don't have anybody in whom I am interested or actively in a relationship with.

Q7: How much money do you make?
    I am sort of a freelancer. My income depends on the kindness of strangers. And even if I did have an actual fiscal figure, I wouldn't write it here. I apologise.

That was the last question. It seemed more like a paper about a person's personal life, rather than a job application, but that was just what his imagination made a job application out to be. Thane never had a stable job. His desire for constant travel did not align with having a proper job. "Thank you for filling out the application!" The woman tore him out of his thoughts, as she grabbed the scroll and the quill. It was only then, when Thane realised that it must've been an enchanted quill, because he didn't need to dip it in any ink.

The Au Ra thought he was done, but he was still very much unsure of what he was supposed to do. The woman quickly skimmed through his answers and smiled. "Approved for fighting bad guys!" She exclaimed and waved her staff. Within a moment a pile of white clothes appeared in front of Thane, making him jump a little bit in surprise. "What is...?" He couldn't even bring himself to finish the question. "If we are to fight together, you have to look the part." The Goddess explained, but then frowned. "I hope it will fit you. You are incredibly tall, I'll give you that." Thane was most certainly not expecting to receive clothing as a reward. "Now go, I will call upon you, once it is your time." She said and waved Thane goodbye. The man only sighed in confusion, but waved a goodbye to the woman. "I will answer your call, whenever it may be." Upon saying that, the green haired Goddess smirked, making Thane regret uttering those last words.

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: list them here
    Abilities Active: list them and their effects here
    Weapons Equipped: list/link them here
    Monsters Killed: list here
    Other Notes: reeeeeee this should scroll if you type too much
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Useful links:

Character sheet: Thane Starstrider ⭐ Primary Magic: Red Mage (Coming soon) ⭐ Thane's Inventory & Info: Coming soon ⭐ Template: Code shenanigans

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 4:25 am