Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Lost and found (Exam)

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 
    Lineage : Artifact Collector
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knight
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Time magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Lost and found (Exam) Empty Lost and found (Exam)

Post by Melody S. Winter 29th September 2019, 12:27 pm

Words written: #1078
    Total written: #1078/1000
    B-rank Exam
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Melody had managed to get across Era with time to spare and chose not to simply rush her way back since she was feeling a bit of a writer's vibe from the area and wanted to take the walk slow to soak in the area to use in her story. Sure she dislike that it happen to spur when she was supposed to be working but at the same token she rarely got the drive to write nowadays since she was working as a Rune knight so much that she missed it a lot.

_____It was while she was calmly relaxing in a small park stroll that she overheard slight sobbing from nearby. Eyes scanning slowly around the area before spotting the source and closing her notebook to focus on making her way over. Getting closer Melody noticed the boy had been through a rough day and chose not to simply rush into things to cause him to panic. Carefully sitting a little ways away as she looked around for anyone looking for somebody to no avail.

"Hi there... you ok?"

_____Melody gave a very gentle smile as she tipped her head with her question. The boy did not seem OK but Melody was never really the best at comforting others since she sort of pushed them all away in favor of her work or avoiding attachment. Shifting slightly closer as she reached her arm out using her sleeve to try and dry the kids tears. She knew it was overstepping but she had to make an effort since the kid seemed to have no intention of speaking to her just yet.

"You can trust me... I might not look like it but I'm a rune knight... Well more like a desk knight since I'm not strong like you probably are. I was never able to leave my parent's side when I was your age..."

_____Melody was no fool to notice the boy started to cry more when she mentioned his parents. The sting of guilt hung over her as she moved her hand away just slightly before pulling her sleeve away and rubbing his back to try and comfort him some. She was the worst, though she had no clue the parents was the issue she poured salt right into the open wound and felt terrible for it. Bitting her lip as she decided the only way to help was to make things right.

_____Very carefully using the hand against his back to use her magic, while the other cast another spell to avoid the side effect of the chosen magic she had to use to learn anything it seemed. Checking back into the boy's recent memories while she prevented him noticing by keeping the emotional pain from returning with her spell rewind. Sure it was rude to peek into someone's memory without permission but she likely was not going to get him to speak with her any time soon.

_____What she learned however might have been the ice breaker she needed, or rather could use to hopefully mend the mess she worsened. She had assumed by the boy's appearance and reaction to her words his parents had been killed and he ran away. Yes it was over dramatic but that was just how her writer brain was working, and it was a close to home field for her as well. In truth the boy wonder after something or another and got lost, fell down and now could not find his way back.

"You got separated from your parents... Shall we go look for them?"

_____The kid still did not seem like talking with her, and to be honest stranger danger was a thing in towns Melody had found out. Mostly because she tried to join a game of hide and seek with younger kids and her fellow rune knights got called over so that was sort of a hint. Standing back up as she dusted herself off and gave one last attempt to comfort the kid before she took off full sprint retracing the kid's steps.

_____Sure she was going on the hope the kid would stay where he was, and the parents had not gone far from where they had last been seen in the memory but sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith. World peace would just so have it the leap was in good hands, arriving to see a fellow Rune knight talking with the parents of the child and catching just the edge of the conversation as she arrived slightly out of breath.

"He is over in the park... Alive... well of course he is alive but um... ah... just... erm... follow me please... I..."

_____Melody tried, but in the end kept making the situation worse and just chose to start running back the way she had come. The rune knight explaining a bit better that Melody was not really a field worker but was kind and so far not seen or given reason to be un-trusted. Thankful it was someone from her unit, and with another few moments the parents would be able to call out to the kid who rushed over.

_____Melody backing away from the situation, not exactly feeling she did much since if she got the kid's trust she could have saved everyone some time. Had she been better at social skills maybe that would have helped. Needless to say she had a great deal to work on if she ever wanted to make a real difference and not just do the paperwork and deliveries for the Rune knights. Looking at her Ilac as she gasped andalmost took off running back to HQ, having now been running late to returning but was stopped by a tug on her coat.

"Thank you... Sorry... i did not follow... I was..." - "You're fine..." Melody knelt down to be eye level with the child. "You did the right thing in a sense also. I did not show I was a Rune knight... and you stayed where we could find you... Just make sure you don't go chasing things without letting your parents know ok?~"

_____Melody would ruffle the boy's hair before getting back to her feet and taking off running before the parents could delay her also. She was already going to be late, and while it was nice to know she did good the other knight deserved the credit and she had work to get done.
    Lost and found

Stats, Spells, notes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Maybe this time... I'll get things right..."
    Current missions: 1,2,3,4
    un-submitted | In-progress | Free slot
    3/4.5 Exp doubles | Golden Lac. 9/27/2020
    Profile | Magic 1 | Magic 2 | Magic 3 | Armory | Threads | Linage

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 9:55 am