Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Cycle [Private]

Skylar Frost
    Skylar Frost

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Telekinesis Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Cycle [Private] Empty The Cycle [Private]

Post by Skylar Frost 24th June 2013, 1:49 pm

"Break the cycle...". Those were the words inscribed on the necklace that a tall and powerful looking man held in his hands as he stood staunchly in one of the many marketplaces that were littered across the city of Rose Garden. These words rang out in the man's mind as he looked up at the clouds, the bustle of the day sounding off around him.

"E-Excuse me, but are you going to buy that?", the little old woman behind the vendor's table asked the giant of a man. The man gave the woman an embarrassed look as he looked down at the necklace once more. "A-Ah! I suppose so! How much is it?", he asked as he reached into his pocket to grab his wallet. The old woman gave him a gentle smile as she waved him off. "You can have it. I have so many more. Besides, it seems that it will be of more use with you. It's said that necklaces like that give good luck. You Rune Knights need all the luck you can get!", the woman ended with a wise chuckle.

The man gave the woman an appreciative look before he bowed to her. "Why thank you. But, I'm far past my prime in my age", the man said with his own chuckle. The old woman waved him off once more. "Don't sell yourself short! Us old folk are here to guide and protect the young ones so they can do the same one day!", the woman said she pointed out towards a little girl walking with her grandmother through the market. The man turned to look at them, to which he smiled warmly when the little girl took her grandmother's hand and gave it a squeeze.

Turning back to the shopkeeper, the man sighed with a warm undertone. "I suppose you're right. Do..you have someone to protect and guide?", he said as he looked to woman. She wore a painful smile on her face as she shook her head. "I'm afraid not. My family was comprised of wizards, except for me. One after another, they all left this world. I am the only one left. But, I fill my time here, selling these good luck charms to people like you. I want to help in any little way I can", she said as she laid a hand on some of her trinkets. "Do you have someone to protect? Not as a Rune Knight, but personally?", the woman asked.

The man chuckled as he looked down to the necklace once more. "I suppose so... She's a good girl, just lost in this world we all call home", the man said as he looked to the clouds once more. The old woman chuckled once more as she leaned back in her chair. "Well, I'm sure she will be fine. Especially with someone like you guiding her", the woman said as she gave the man another smile. He returned it with a smile of his own as he bowed to her once more. "You certainly humble me, more than I ever could! Thank you for the gift. Have a nice day!", the man said as he began to walk away once more.

Break the cycle... I wonder if she can.

"Councilwoman Frost, Captain Aizen has returned!", a Rune Knight said to a woman sitting in a chair as she sipped from a lean bottle of wine. This woman, this Frost, she sat with her legs crossed and with a bored look on her face as she nodded to the man, her orange hair bobbing after her. "Today's the day...", the woman said as she looked down into her glass. The wine smoothed out quickly, allowing the woman to see her reflection.

Perfect.

Beauty, power, wealth, status. That is what defined Skylar Frost on the outside. On the inside? She was just a girl, a girl looking for her place. Many things, like her current position, were pushed onto her. But she took the job anyway for reasons that were very dear to her. Through the many days of hardships, seeing and hearing things that would bring down even the strongest of men, one man kept her going.

Captain Aizen.

She didn't love him. He was probably thirty years older than her. She at least didn't love him like that. She did love him like a second father. He was her Chief Bodyguard, the best of the best. He'd protected her from things she had never even knew were there. And now? He was retiring. Skylar looked down at her glass once more as footsteps could be heard echoing off the marble floor of her family's' estate in Rose Garden. To be honest, all the rich had a house in this city overflowing with magic. Though Skylar definitely wished it, she was not here for pleasure. It was business and duties calling for this woman.

Aizen stepped forth, breaking Skylar's silence as he spoke. "You know you musn't drink this early in the day, Miss Frost. It's bad for your health", the man picked. He was certainly no fool. And between asking one of his subordinates and seeing her for himself, he could tell that his retirement was weighing heavily on her. What a sweet girl... She waved him off and put her wine glass down as she looked towards him. The man tried giving her the same smile that he gave that vendorwoman a while ago, but she was having none of that. She was sad, but still as stubborn as ever.

"Now, now. Let's go over our assignment once more", the man said as he stood next to Skylar. The woman sighed before she closed her eyes and nodded. The man gave her closed eyes a look before he started to speak. "Recently, relations with the border principality of Veronica have become more and more strained. There have been rumors and reports that weapons are being built up inside the city, and that the Veronicans are preparing for war. Our assignment from the Chairman is that we travel to Veronica and prepare a peace treaty to ease the tension. Beforehand, however, we must stop at the Rune Knight installation in Rose Garden so you may meet your new Chief Bodyguard". At that point, Skylar's brow wrinkled. Aizen sighed as his resolve began to waver. "From there, we all will journey to Veronica. Do you need me to repeat anything, Miss Frost?", the man said as his back straightened. Skylar opened her eyes. "No", she said simply.

"Alright. Let us depart then".

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes the best love...
    The Cycle [Private] Tumblr_n9m5z9CbkJ1sgiwtko1_500
    ...is the one that is lost.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

The Cycle [Private] Empty Re: The Cycle [Private]

Post by Shard 24th June 2013, 2:13 pm

Her name was Shard Everred, prouncounced Ever Red. It always confused her that people tried to pronounce it incorrectly. However, that was just one of life's minor annoyances. Today was an important day. She was to leave the rune knight garrison and become the personal bodyguard for one of the world's most important people, Skylar Frost of the magic council. Yes, today she changed from an enforcer of law and order to a guard for one who helped create the laws. It would be an interesting assignment. She had never met Lady Frost not had she heard much about her other than that she had a fondness for wines.

Her thoughts wandered about trying to think of other rumours she had heard whilst she fussed about how her hair looked. It was just shorter than shoulder length and was often said to be black whereas in reality it was a very dark blue, not quite as dark as the night sky, but very close. Her outfit consisted of a white top, white jeans, over which was worn a short brown skirt and a short brown jacket. This jacket reached to about halfway down her stomach and on the side was the emblem of the magic council. Her top and trousers were covered in leather straps, with metal clips.

Despite the warmth of the weather she wore a red scarf about her neck hiding the lower part of her face. This was an item she always wore unless she was in combat. It was important to her. Yet more striking than attire were the large metallic canisters strapped to the outside of her legs, into which were sheathed her swords. These were a useful tool, but not her most common weapon. No, in her heart she was a gunner through and through. She'd actually considered one of her combat outfits for this first meeting, but had decided against it. No, Lady Frost would need to get used to her in her normal attire first. It made sense, or at least it made sense to Shard.

She walked over to a window and stared out of it looking at Rose Garden. It was described as a city of magic and exotic pleasures, but to her it was just another place filled with disorder and chaos. Chaos that was often fueled by the very magic that helped it prosper. Guilds. They were the problem. There was far too long a leash on them, particularly guilds like Fairy Tail. So many of the guilds created far more chaos than they solved. If Shard had her way the guilds would be put on a much shorter leash with rune knights helping maintain the order. Alas, it was not meant to be.

"I wonder if they will be punctual." Shard said to herself as she headed down to the room where she was supposed to meet the council woman. She was early, she knew she would be, but that was part of who she was. She was punctual to such an extreme that she often arrived up to an hour early to a meeting to ensure she was there on time. Waiting with nothing to do except wait for something to happen was something a guard had to be used to. It did not bother her, but lateness did. If you were going to arrange a meeting at a specific time then you should arrive at that time. A minute or two late was fine, but anything greater than five pissed her off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    The Cycle [Private] HqzsHuT
    Skylar Frost
    Skylar Frost

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Telekinesis Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Skylar Frost 1st August 2013, 9:27 am

✖  YOU'RE LIKE ICE. I - C - E - Y.
    Feels so nice, scorching me. You're so hot, hot. Baby, your love is so hot, hoooot!

TAGS

WORDS

NOTES

An hour.

They were an hour late. Skylar was sure than someone had notified the base of the traffic accident that had happened along the planned route that the convoy accompanying Frost was taking. To be honest, Skylar didn't mind. She wanted to prolong this for as long as possible. She was losing the man that had protected her for as long as she could remember, and a stranger was replacing him in fact. Skylar surely wasn't opposed or bad at making new friends, but this was a whole other matter. She didn't even know who she was entrusting her life with. All she had heard was "Shard" that was this person's name. Goodness, with my luck, he'll probably be ugly... Skylar had no idea of her new Chief Bodyguard's gender, but she automatically assumed that he was male. There weren't too many females in the Rune Knights, that much was for certain.

Finally clearing the civilian-accessible streets, Skylar noted an increase in their speed. What was the use for going slow when there was no one around? The woman looked out of the window of her carriage and looked up at the noon sky. Would things be alright? Her thoughts turned to her assignment. Veronica, a wealthy principality that prided itself on order and peace...was building weapons? Odd indeed.

A whistle in the air and the sound of clinking of metal against stone could be heard as the convoy began to slow. It seems they had finally arrived. They must be leaving by the way of the express bridge that ever Rune Knight base had when it would be time to depart again. Express bridges were laced with runes that increased the natural speed of all things that rode on it, making emergency evacuations much quicker and easier. It was amazing what could be done with a little bit of magic nowadays. Skylar pushed herself away from the window when the carriage ground to a halt. Captain Aizen looked her over before he stepped out. He was immediately approached by a Rune Knight who saluted him. The Captain saluted to him as well and the man then relayed information to the Captain. Aizen stood at the door and held Skylar's hand while she pulled up her Council robes a bit so she could get down the steps. As she descended, he spoke. "Due to our late arrival, the convoy will be switched to a pre-prepared unit of vehicles. While final preparations are being completed, you have time to meet your new Chief Bodyguard", he said then let go of her hand. "Your replacement. Got it", she said bluntly. Aizen sighed and followed her towards the base entrance.

Sometimes the best love...
    The Cycle [Private] Tumblr_n9m5z9CbkJ1sgiwtko1_500
    ...is the one that is lost.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 1st August 2013, 11:37 am

A vein was throbbing atop the head of Shard, her eye was twitching. Lateness in itself, in her mind, was inexcusable, but being over an hour late was just plain rude. Even half an hour late was bad enough. She'd resisted the urge to go and shoot something, or someone, in order to vent her frustration and remained in the room where she was supposed to be meeting the council woman. She had barely moved, remaining in an 'at ease' position waiting for the council woman. Standing in position for long periods of time was part of being a guard. However, what wasn't part of being a guard was waiting on someone to arrive for over an hour. It would be like a replacement on the guard shift arriving an hour late. It just wasn't nice. Plus, it was an hour of time she could of been using doing other things.

Eventually, the door opened and she was about to greet the council woman, when it turned out that it wasn't her, but a rune knight. He looked at her expression and froze a letter in hand. She extended a hand and the man handed her the letter and very slowly left the room lest he be the one she vented her anger on. The letter was a basic update on what was occuring and it seemed that a delay had been occured and so there was a change of plans. She threw the letter into the air and then with great precision caught it and tore it into two. This process was repeated several times till the paper was in tiny shreds which she crumpled up and tossed in a bin. She let out a deep breath. The systematic destruction of that letter had calmed her slightly, but only slightly. Enough though that when the door opened again to reveal Captain Aizen she did not lunge at him and punch him in the face in annoyance. Instead, she threw a swift salute and went into the 'attention' position.

"Captain Everred I am sorry for our lateness." the man said and then stood to one side. "May I present Lady Skylar Frost of the magic council whom you will be guarding in my place from now on." He turned his head slightly and then went to attention himself. "Lady Frost this is Captain Shard Everred your new bodyguard, I am sure you will get along exactly like a house on fire." A thought went through the man's mind. Yes, definitely a house on fire, running, screaming, explosions. It was the perfect way to describe it.

"I am honored to serve you Lady Frost. I hope I can live up to your expectations." she said truthfully, though she was also hoping that this lateness wasn't a common thing and was a one off otherwise the person Skylar might need guarding from would be her own bodyguard. Lack of punctuality just spoke of chaos in her mind and chaos was the thing she despised the most. She hated it more than almost anything.

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    The Cycle [Private] HqzsHuT

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 11:13 pm