Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job)

Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 75
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Leila Vergious
    Experience : 1,850

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nebula Slayer
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) Empty Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job)

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 27th March 2019, 8:42 am

The Quest:

The crunching of dead fall under her feet followed Reyla as she made her way through the forest, one hand on Stinging nettle, the other hanging at her side. The truth was she was incredibly uncomfortable here, and even more so with the situation she was in.

First the letter, now this package? Is someone just routing 'creepy' mail to me? Unfortunately, no matter how suspicious her receipt of the package was she couldn't deny her curiosity about the story it's contents told, so against her better judgement she had decided to follow along on the quest given by the strange package. Not that she came alone however, she had no intention of walking into what could be an obvious trap without any backup, and dear God did she get backup.

Surruptitiously glancing to the blonde woman beside her Reyla marveled at the situation again, the Guild Master herself had decided to come along, a woman who by all rights could probably level this forest and be done with it, had agreed to come along.

With a mental shake of her head Reyla turned her attention back to the forest and suppressed a shiver, her magic gave her an intrinsic sense as to the integrity of reality around her, and while she was used to finding thin walls and cracks, something about this place felt off, and she couldn't quite place her finger on what.

Finally she decided to break the silence, "So Guildmistress, are you particularly familiar with this forest? Do you know of any points of interest that the Rune Knights might have attempted to gather at?"

WC: 269

Last edited by Reyla on 27th March 2019, 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) ENczOVq
    Theme:
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,529,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Skill:

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) Empty Re: Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job)

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 27th March 2019, 11:45 am

Wearing her green-and-gold outfit with Argent Gloves and Adaptable Armor, Leona carried her Nghtshade Machete and Silver Longsword with her in case Reyla needed a weapon. It had been a long time since she had visited the Spooky Forest. If she recalled, the last time she had done so was when she was with Eero to help him collect ingredients for the weapon he later made back at the guild hall. It was appropriate that she had brought it here during her quest to help Reyla solve the mystery behind a mysterious package she had received a few days ago.

"I've been here a few times before, Reyla. The first time I was here, there were vines near the trees that grabbed my job partner and tried to strangle him. I managed to rescue him in time, but it was a close call. I don't know if those vines are still in the trees, so be careful." Leona advised the new member of Silver Wolf. Leona had gained more power and more magic since the last time she was here, so this adventure should be a lot less dangerous than the blonde's first visit to Spooky Forest. Still, they needed to be careful while trying to solve the mystery because there was no telling what would happen here. The Guild Master's first priority was helping Reyla get through this adventure, but she would let Reyla take charge and would help only when asked to.

"I'll let you take the lead on this job, but if you need help at any point, don't hesitate to ask for it." Leona informed Reyla. The taller woman would know best when she needed help, so Leona would trust in Reyla's judgment.

[Word Count: 296]
    [Total Word Count: 296/1,500]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) Empty Re: Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job)

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 27th March 2019, 6:06 pm

Reyla nodded in acknowledgement of Leona's putting her in the lead. It made sense after all, Leona had nothing to fear here and was doubtless more than confident in her own abilities to lead, there was no reason for her not to use this situation to observe one of her charges in action.

As they continued to walk Reyla kept an eye out for any particularly tall trees, an idea beginning to take form in the back of her mind. The Rune Knights were a fairly well known mages guild, and even a group of weaker mages would deal quite a bit of environmental damage when cornered. As such it would make sense that if she could get a high enough vantage point-There

Reyla's train of thought stopped as she saw a tree that suited her needs, the crown of the tree seeming to peek over the leafy canopy of the surrounding trees. "Guildmistress, could you please stay here for a moment, I want to check on something." With that Reyla jumped lightly up to a branch she could see, roughly two stories above them, before jumping to another branch, and then another until she reached the top.

Sweeping her gaze across the forest Reyla saw...absolutely nothing. What? There should be some sign of a fight, burnt, frozen, or knocked down trees. I can't believe that there wouldn't be any signs at all...

Feeling significantly more ill at ease than before Reyla simply dropped down to the base of the tree where she'd left Leona.

"There's something going on here. I know it's the 'Spooky Forest', but even so, something still isn't right. There's no signs of a struggle or fight anywhere, and I find it hard to believe that a whole squad of mages wouldn't leave a single mark, and the walls- never mind. Sorry, it must just be nerves."

Reyla had caught herself before mentioning anything about what she could feel about reality around them as she wasn't sure herself if she was just being caught up in nerves, but in all honesty it almost felt as if something was rubbing at the walls of their reality, there were no cracks that she could see but she couldn't shake the feeling of ill intent that suffused the area.

WC:400 TWC:669

Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th March 2019, 6:06 pm

The member 'Reyla' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) NXDHjfc
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 28th March 2019, 8:16 pm

"Yeah, I find it strange that the mages didn't leave any trace of their existence either, Reyla. And we're not talking ordinary mages either. We're talking Rune Knights, the guys who are able to fight mages on an even footing." Leona said to Reyla, sharing the taller girl's concern about the mages not leaving a single trace of their existence. The blonde was surprised that this case did not warrant the attention of Mythal and Serilda, a pair of mages who Sorcerer's Magazine labeled "the ultimate power couple" and the strongest members of the Rune Knights. She was fairly certain that they would have arrived long before the Silver Wolf mages did, but that was not the case. Their attention must have been focused on a more important case because Mythal and Serilda seemed like the type to personally investigate the disappearance of Rune Knights.

Leona's attention was diverted to other matters when she felt the acutely unpleasant sensation of being watched by something just beyond the mist that lingered in between a cluster of trees in the distance. The hair on the back of her neck stood up and the blonde felt uneasy as she made eye contact with a dark figure that seemed to be cloaked in shadow, but she stood her ground for Reyla's sake. Leona chose to form a Fast Ball in her hand and throw the wind projectile at the figure to see what it would do.

When the Fast Ball was finally thrown, the figure simply dodged to the side while keeping its glare fixed on her and the projectile hit a tree, making it shake and rain leaves onto the ground. As the leaves fell to the ground and were enveloped by the mist it stood just beyond the mist and continued to stare at them. Leona could almost feel its disapproval as invisible eyes burned into her.

"That guy... thing... whatever's seriously creeping me out." Leona said to Reyla, pointing to the figure who was still standing in the distance. It made no attempt to conceal itself but stayed right where it was when the blonde first spotted it. It was like it wanted them to know that they were being watched.

[Word Count: 380]
    [Total Word Count: 676/1,500]
    Strong Effect is on Turn 1 of 4.

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 29th March 2019, 8:11 pm

Reyla felt the being enter her perception just as Leno launched her attack, while she was unsurprised that Leona had detected the figure in the mist before her, she was somewhat shocked that it seemed to dodge an attack from someone as powerful as Leona with so little effort. To say that Reyla was becoming tense would be an understatement.

Snapped out of focusing on the figure ahead of them by Lenoa's comment Reyla turned her head slightly to answer, making sure not to allow the figure out of her sight.

"You too huh?" Reyla remained silent for a moment, "Guildmistress, I don't like this. When we first met, did I explain anything about my magic?" Reyla pushed on without waiting for an answer, "Regardless, my magic involves manipulating cracks and tears in reality, so I have some sense for how strong the walls of reality around me are, similar to my magic sense, and the walls here are very, very thin. Almost as if something was rubbing against them from the other side, trying to get through."

Reyla took a deep breath, "I'll freely admit I don't know anything about demonology, so I could be reading this all wrong, but if that's the case then this is not good. A normal beast trying to get in would just pound at the obstacle in front of it until it got through, leaving cracks and metaphysical debris everywhere, this thing is smarter than that..."

"I'm beginning to think the package was a trap, I don't think the Rune Knights where ever here."

Of course I could be wrong, but prepare for the worst right?

Suddenly remembering that Leona had put her in charge Reyla switched tracks, "I don't think we should move, we give that thing an advantage if we let it chase us, if it comes to us we'd at least be able to prepare easier."

WC:327 TWC:1006

Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th March 2019, 8:11 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) OdAaNwh
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 29th March 2019, 10:07 pm

Leona listened to Reyla explain the properties of her magic, which all centered around manipulating cracks and tears in reality. That magic also gave the new member the ability to sense the walls of reality and their thickness in any given area. Leona was not very book-smart, but she understood that such an ability could come in handy in situations concerning the supernatural forces that were part of the world. Thinking about that caused a thought to come to mind, but when Reyla mentioned demonology, the blonde's mind shifted gears.

"I've dealt with demons once before in the Haunted Guild in the Cursed Lands. The demons I dealt with were protecting a library full of arcane lore, the kind of lore you don't want to mess with. I don't know if they were already in reality and had just concealed themselves or if they could appear in reality whenever they felt like it, but they just came out of nowhere." Leona recounted to Reyla her one encounter with demons. It was unsettling, especially the part where she tried to defend her job partner from them while Order cleric Amanda burned the unholy library. It seemed like the more Leona killed the more that showed up to take the library's contents to safety... wherever that was. She put that out of her mind and turned back to Reyla's theory that the figure had an intelligence that allowed it to bide its time until the right moment to make its move arrived.

"So you think that the Rune Knights were never here and that the figure organized all of this to trap us? Do you think it can manipulate reality somehow?" Leona asked Reyla before stopping when she saw a flurry of golf ball-sized rocks heading towards her. The blonde focused magic raised her hand into the air, then swiped it downward to create a small tornado. The small tornado blocked the projectiles and they bounced harmlessly to earth after their energy was expended. Again she felt the eyes of the figure continue to assess what the Silver Wolf mages could do and again Leona was apprehensive but stood her ground.

"OK, Reyla. I'm willing to wait here and let it come to us. Still, we'd better be careful. These poltergeists aren't playing around and there's no telling what else they'll throw at us." Leona said to Reyla, agreeing with the latter's plan to let the figure come to them instead chasing it down and fighting on its terms. The Guild Mistress would let Reyla lead and would take charge only if the situation became dire.

[Word Count: 448]
    [Total Word Count: 1,124/1,500]
    Strong Effect is on Turn 2 of 4.

Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 31st March 2019, 9:55 pm

At the same time that Leona had a group of rocks come flying at her Reyla noticed a single, slightly larger rock fly out of the mist towards her head, and avoided it by leaning to the side, allowing the rock to pass by fairly harmlessly.

"I don't think it can control reality, no. Unless I know even less about Demons than I thought anyway, but promises of power can make people do a lot of things. If I had to guess this beast has followers somewhere in the world who did this for it, but again I'm not a demonologist so take that with a grain of salt."

"I'm honestly more worried by the idea that something that has enough power to erode the barrier between our own dimension and whatever dimension that thing calls home is smart enough to act this way rather than act like a mindless beast. No matter how powerful an animal is it can still be outsmarted, but if this thing can take away that advantage..."

Reyla's eyes briefly shifted to Leona and then back to the figure, the hair on her neck seeming to stand straighter, if that were possible. Not that you'd have much of a problem either way.

WC:214 TWC:1220

Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 31st March 2019, 9:55 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 1st April 2019, 12:24 pm

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it had a cult that helped it get this far. Those people either don't know what they're doing or they just don't care. It's not something that I'd choose to bring into this world." Leona said to Reyla. She did not know if it was another dime-a-dozen demon or one of greater power and significance in the infernal hierarchy, but it did not matter. The Silver Wolf mages would send it back to the other side... as soon as it decided to step out of the fog.

Leona noticed a tree branch of medium thickness and medium length descending upon them and reacted quickly before the branch hit one of the mages. She raised the fingers of her right hand into the shape of a gun, focused magic into them, and fired a Wind Bullet. The silver marble-sized projectile hit the branch in the middle and broke it in half in a shower of wood chips. The right half lost momentum and eventually fell at Leona's feet, but the left continued to fall on a trajectory that was dangerously close to Reyla. Leona readied and fired another Wind Bullet, destroying the half of the tree branch and turning it to kindling that rained down painful but otherwise harmless wood chips.

"These poltergeists mean business. They've quit with the rocks and are throwing branches at us." Leona commented to her companion while plucking wood chips from her short blonde hair. That figure was still lurking in the mist as if daring them to go in after it. The blonde was not going to take the bait. If it wanted a fight, it would have to stop leaning on its ghost buddies to do the work and get its own hands dirty. As determined to play the waiting game as she was, the Guild Mistress was still a bit creeped out by how the figure simply stood there and stared at them.

[Word Count: 337]
    [Total Word Count: 1,461/1,500]
    Strong Effect is on Turn 3 of 4.

Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 8th April 2019, 4:58 pm

Yet again an unknown force decided to through debris at the pair, this time deciding to start throwing long branches. Reyla briefly considered using her magic to attempt to block the branch that came at them, but luckily Leona got to it first. Leona had a much larger wellspring of magic power to draw on compared to Reyla, and she wanted to save as much as possible for when they had to beat back the figure in the fog, which she had no doubt they would have to beat back before they left.

Regardless of her own opinions Reyla doubted that a guild leader would be willing to leave with a clearly malevolent being just sitting there, waiting to devour the next person to walk by, if not do worse. Unfortunately, that didn't change the fact that they were at an impasse, the figure wasn't approaching, and she doubted that getting closer would work any better than attacking it from a distance.

"Guild mistress, do you have any experience with demons? Do you know anything that might be able to provoke one into attacking?"

WC:186 TWC:1406

Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 8th April 2019, 4:58 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 8th April 2019, 7:09 pm

"Experience with demons? Yeah, I dealt with them once. The ones I encountered in Haunted Guild were guarding a library of demonic lore and came out in force once me and my job partner threatened the library they were guarding. If it's a demon, we need to find what it's protecting so that we can get its attention and defeat it. I'm not leaving until we get rid of it." Leona said to Reyla. The blonde was not going to leave it at large for some other hapless person to fell victim to. She would end the figure here and now... once it left the protection of the fog, that was.

Another flurry of small rocks soared towards Leona and she blocked them with a timely Tornado Wall that took away all their velocity and dumped them harmlessly on the ground. If the figure wanted to get rid of the mages, it would have to try a lot harder than slinging some rocks at them to get rid of them. Leona continued to look for something that could set the figure off enough for it to abandon the mist and fight them in person.

[Word Count: 197]
    [Total Word Count: 1,658/1,500]

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 8th April 2019, 7:10 pm

Leona Jarnefeldt rolls one Monster Die.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 8th April 2019, 7:10 pm

The member 'Leona Jarnefeldt' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) R2fEWNz
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain
    Eilidh O'Maoilriain

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Eilidh O'Maoilriain 29th April 2019, 7:08 pm

Leona's response was encouraging, the fact that she'd had experience with demons before would certainly play out in their favor, assuming that the figure in the mist, and there was no doubt that the figure was the main threat in this forest, was in fact a demon.

At this point Reyla wasn't even surprised by the rocks that came flying out of the mist towards them, and was much more focused on the figure as it seemed to turn and walk away, deeper into the fog. After it had disappeared from sight Reyla turned slightly to speak to Leona, who had already dealt with the projectiles like she had all the others, "We should follow it, Demon or not we're not going to be given any breathing room until either it's gone down, or we have, though-" Reyla cut herself off and whipped her head around, staring into the mist as she suddenly began to hear murmurs and faint laughter coming from all around her.

"What, do you hear that? It sounds like hundreds of different voices!" The hair on the back of her neck began to stand on end as Reyla gripped her blade more tightly, "But if they have that many, then they would have attacked us with more than debris by now..."

WC: 220 TWC:1626

Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th April 2019, 7:08 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 29th April 2019, 9:09 pm

"We'll go after the demon if you want to, but we'd better be ready for it. Once the fighting starts it won't let up until one of us wins." Leona counseled Reyla. Leona herself was ready to fight the demon, but Reyla might not be. The blonde would do everything she could to draw the demon's attention to herself and let the taller mage get some fight experience in as safe a setting as could currently be accomplished. If Reyla did not feel confident in her fighting ability, Leona could take the lead and end the fight quickly... if that was what Reyla wanted.

Leona noticed yet another obstacle heading for them and moved to stop it before it could harm the less experienced mage. Leona saw the cloud of rocks heading for them and easily stopped them with a Wind Wall. They lost all momentum and clattered harmlessly to the ground. Leona was getting tired of the ceaseless poltergeist attacks and wanted to face the big guy himself, who kept slipping into the mist every time a poltergeist attack failed. If Reyla really wanted to go on the offensive and chase him down, Leona would get her wish soon enough.

Suddenly Reyla asked if Leona heard hundreds of voices that were echoing from nearby. Leona indeed heard them but was not terribly alarmed by them... she just found them to be as annoying as the poltergeist attacks. However, Reyla was not as battle-hardened as the blonde and would need some gently encouragement to keep going.

"Are you OK, Reyla? Do we need to take a break before we chase the demon?" Leona asked the nervous mage, who was gripping her sword tightly and who was clearly on edge.

[Word Count: 294]
    [Total Word Count: 1,952/500]

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 29th April 2019, 9:09 pm

Leona Jarnefeldt rolls one Monster Die.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th April 2019, 9:09 pm

The member 'Leona Jarnefeldt' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Nightmare Incarnate (Reyla, Leona. Job) NXDHjfc

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 12:31 am