Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Post by Guest 6th June 2018, 9:25 pm

Izayuki Hyoujin ♦ Black Rose ♦ H Rank

The instant Oras did not turn to leave with her, the Bakedanuki stiffened, not yet looking back until she heard his words through her familiar spirit. The crowd continued to murmur, glaring with hard, curious, and suspicious eyes at the ginger-haired man as he dared to move closer to their leader. Izayuki realized this, and in her frustration and disapproval, the ghostly cat would attempt to unsheathe and dig its claws into the shoulders of Oras-- likely to little success, seeing as petty and weak attacks from tiny animals never really would hurt mages.

“I didn’t know the Riyoshi had stooped to mingling with humans,”
    the ayakashi said, standing up on his giant tree branch and gazing down at the human. Upon hearing his words, the Bakedanuki would whip around and begin trailing after Oras quickly. The ghostly cat would hop off of his shoulders and vanish into the air as she did so. It would relieve Oras of her disguise, but such a thing was no longer needed.

“I mistook your Night Parade for a yokai caravan,” Izayuki said, glaring up at the silver-haired ayakashi. “Forgive us-- we did not intend to trespass. We will leave your domain and never return.”

The ayakashi shook his head at her words, moving his yellow gaze from the human to the pink-haired yokai. “Spare me your lies, tanuki. You brought a stranger- a human- into our realm, and forged our lanterns in order to reach this forest. Such things are not forgiven so easily. You of all mononoke should know this, Riyoshi.”

The Bakedanuki’s fur bristled as he brought up her family name. How did he know that detail, unless he were a skilled and crafty ayakashi who could read the past, spirits, or blood? Izayuki had never used her family’s name, nor was she apart of that clan. Her mother had betrayed the family, and Izayuki was born outside of it. The facts brought Izayuki to the conclusion that this was more than simple retrocognition. He could see their bloodlines clearly… he was just the person they were looking for.

“There is a price to be paid,” the ayakashi continued simply.

Before she could respond, the Bakedanuki watched as the surroundings grew dark-- the meadow, the lantern tree, the parade, the ayakashi leader, Oras… everyone disappeared.

And to Oras, everything would fade except for the lantern tree, the ayakashi, and the clearing. The parade would still have a feelable presence, but could no longer be seen.
    To the human, the ayakashi would speak to him alone, without the influence of anyone else.
    “My name is Torochi. Human, tell me-- why are you here in our world?” he would ask, yellow eyes blazing. He held a subtle smile on his face, as if he were slightly amused. His gaze held millenia of wisdom and knowledge, but his expression showed little else to be read.

~~~

From Izayuki’s point of view, everything vanished, except for the ayakashi. He was omnipresent in his own domain, capable of handling many interactions at once, to avoid influence from others as he spoke. The Bakedanuki scowled, glaring daggers at the fox-masked yokai. “Who are you?” she asked, a low animalian growl rising from her throat. She never appreciated the tricks of other yokai, nor did she trust their powers. They enjoyed debts, and she had led herself and Oras straight into the trap of one.

“Quit deceiving yourself, tanuki,” the ayakashi said with a low chuckle. “You led that human into that parade only to feed your own curiosity. You knew you could get out of a bind if you had to, but you also knew that it wasn’t the same for him.”

Izayuki prepared to protest, only to feel that gnawing inside of her again, as if one part of her nature was ravenously tearing at the other. She was ready to attack the ayakashi if she could, but suddenly felt no energy to make any movements against him. “Liar,” she snapped, unable to force any other words out.

“It’s only the truth, Izayuki. You have no family to speak of, your husband died, your daughter rejects you, and you find no more goals to live for anymore. But you can’t die, so you focus your mind on fleeting ideas to pass the time, and live in the world of humans to satisfy that need for action and attention,” Torochi said with a light shrug. “What a pitiful existence~”

The Bakedanuki trembled as he unraveled her, not only reading what was in her blood, but what had been carved on her spirit over time as well. She continued to lie to herself to cope-- telling herself that everything was fine, and that the goals she had were fine or even righteous. She knew she could not argue with what he saw-- it would be futile. “W-what is the price to leave this place?” she stuttered through gritted teeth, her hands clenched.

“I will do both of us a favor, little Bakedanuki. For your safe passage out of my domain, I’ll take your human blood in exchange,” he answered simply, wearing a cunning smile. “You will no longer be split in nature, and can align your goals without the burden of human ideals.”

As he made his demands, the memory of Kemuira Enenra flashed in the Bakedanuki’s mind. Her mother had accepted the smoke yokai’s help for her daughter in turn for cancelling a debt to the Riyoshi family. During that time, Izayuki had faced her human self-- the Enenra and her mother expected her to kill it off, but instead, the tanuki had accepted the other half. Doing so had grown her power as the two natures thoroughly merged. However, as of late, the human nature had become a burden, and was slowly but surely beginning to split.

… Did she even need that nature anymore?

She had no time to think about Oras in the exchange-- the closed space did not even allow such outside thoughts to enter. Izayuki could not think about her guild, her broken family, or the one she had brought to the world of Nazo. She could only consider Torochi’s offer.

“Fine. I’ll make that exchange.”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Legacy
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Izayuki
    Experience : 32,850

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fictitous Actuality
    Second Skill: W.I.P.
    Third Skill:

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Post by Oras Auro 7th June 2018, 3:16 pm

Oras could feel the glares of those around him. He could practically taste the racism in the air too as he walked past the Yokai crowd. The younger ones were the more curious he could tell, while the elders looked at him with disdain. Fear and anger, more than likely kindled and strengthened by past experiences, or stories shared to each other in this realm. There was even the chance that their race had disliked humans for an incredibly long time and this was all they knew of humans anymore. Regardless of what the cause or source may be, it was evident they disliked him and would more than gladly strike him down if given the chance. Or in this case as it was indeed clear, permission to do so. These Yokai were individuals, with a mind of their own. But after observing them all in groups, crowds and even hordes there was something he noted. He was their leader, and they were followers. If he commanded it they would do it. It was clear he would not be allies with this man, however it would be wise not to make an enemy of him. Especially since they lived in different worlds entirely.

When the Yokai announced very clearly that Oras was a human the Yokai's expressions became more hostile. Not only that, but a few of them had taken stances, eager to rush in and rip him to shreds. Some of them out of hatred. Others out of fear. A few of them however, seemed to be eager to feast which would in fact make sense. They were an animal like race and Izayuki had in fact explained how there were Yokai who craved the taste of blood. Oras believed that any excuse was a good enough one for them. He felt the spirit animal leap off of him once his disguise had been stripped away, not that it did them any good upon approaching this man of course. Among all the hostility however, Oras could detect some young and elder Yokai look at him with increased curiosity rather than fear or hostility. When the emotions of the surrounding Yokai heightened, so did the reactions of Oras' soul. The changes in the surrounding area became more noticeable, causing the Yokai to back up on their hostile postures and stances, wondering how Oras was even able to do this.

When Izayuki turned around and walked over to him, it was clear that she was frustrated. With him, the situation or both he was unsure, but she had to have known there was no escaping or deceiving the Yokai they were now facing. When she spoke there was some silence as he mentally sighed. He had thought that the guild master was more intelligent than this. At this point she was only embarrassing herself. Even Oras knew there was no leaving. He could tell by looking at this man's posture and eyes. They were not leaving. Even if they tried to fight the literal army of powerful Yokai fighters and no doubt magic users, they still had to handle this man. Whom it was clear even Izayuki was wary of. Why did she make them look like fools by trying to make excuses no one would buy? The Yokai said more, going on about what she had done. About how she had brought not only an outsider into his territory, but a human of all people. He could understand the man's frustration and anger with that, especially if the Yokai clans or kingdoms were on not so friendly terms. He continued further and called out her crime of forgery, making a lantern to try and blend in that was not her own. Oras remained silent through all of this, his eyes steady on this man's own. From what he could tell, it was a crime for Oras to have even one foot in this dimension so he should be patient with this Yokai. One thing that did catch his attention was what he called her...

And then, suddenly, the scenery changed. The crowd was suddenly missing, though he could.. Sort of feel their presence. Illusion magic then. Oras knew the man could have done far worse, possibly even driven Oras to the brink of insanity. Nonetheless, the individual remained in the clearing, standing in front of Oras. It was rather clear that he wished to talk with Oras before doing anything else, let alone slay him. When the Yokai spoke to him, sharing his own name in an average greeting and asking Oras why he had come, Oras made no immediate reaction. This conversation held weight to it, of that he was certain. Every word would be calculated, every response and reaction critical. He needed to refrain from insulting him in any way, but also needed to show that he wasn't afraid in any way either. It was a difficult balance, and yet it was necessary he make the attempt. He also needed to tell the truth, no hiding anything from this man. Then again he really didn't need to hide anything. Clearly he didn't care about Oras' personal life. So he replied:
    "My name is Oras. Izayuki told me she could bring me to another dimension where we could explain the state of my soul. She said nothing of who was here or what would happen."

As Oras expected, the man didn't have much of a reaction from Oras' words, and kept very neutral indeed. He of course, replied without much hesitation as he was in full control of the situation, and most of the conversation itself. “You allowed yourself to be tricked by a Bakedanuki. How curious... I, too have noticed your soul. And that was why I opted not to kill you right away, as I would with other humans. I’m want make a deal with you. An exchange.” As Oras suspected the man only wanted to talk because he wanted something from Oras. Izayuki had warned him about the Yokai and their deals, and thus he was on guard from that instance onward. He was waiting for when it would happen, and he felt it would happen sooner rather than later. As he expected, so it had come. Torochi was going to be no exception, and if he demanded a favor for Oras' life, unless he made it clear what that favor was going to be he would simply refuse. He was nervous though he didn't show it in his eyes posture or stance, as he didn't want to die. But he also didn't want to have to kill or torture innocents in order to survive. "I know now that she had fooled me, and should I come out alive such a thing will never occur again. What is the deal you wish to make?"

“I give you both your life and free passage out of my realm and out of Nazo, in turn for your soul. The choice is yours.” Oras stood there, hesitating before replying. And for good reason. This Yokai wanted to take his soul? It was evident that the interest was in the chaos of his soul, and not Oras' soul in general. It was a phenomenon after all. Regardless of that it was odd that he would ask for his soul, and that wasn't something Oras was going to give up lightly. He knew not to trust this man or any Yokai. And he now knew to never trust Izayuki again. He learned from his mistakes. "That's a one way deal as I am the soul living in this body. The body is a vessel for the soul, which if I gave you my soul that would mean I would never have freedom." “Not quite so," Torochi replied swiftly. "There is the body, the spirit, and the soul. The body is the vessel, the spirit is your mind and ‘you”, and the soul is an oddity. It acts almost as an anchor, tying a spirit to a body in some cases. And in others, it is the “heart”— the epitome of emotions within a person. Your body and spirit can go back to where you came from, and that chaotic soul that causes you so much trouble can remain here.”

It was easy to say that as Oras couldn't confirm whether or not this was true or false. The man lived far many years longer than Oras had, and he wasn't able to look into the spiritual spectrum. Perhaps this man could but there was no way of knowing. Even so... "Interesting how you would use the word 'trouble' when it has thus far caused me none. I know you won't tell me why it is you wish to have my soul other than curiosity, and I know you are probably more powerful than Izayuki. However at the same time I must ask: Why do you ask me this instead of forcing the soul from me?" “If I took your soul or killed you to take it, it would likely end up damaged. If it were without a body and spirit that at least existed, it would be hollow. It’s as simple as that.” Oras had already made his decision, and the Yokai would have known it too before he replied. This time however, when Oras spoke, he would use a different method. He wasn't going to just roll over or seek pity, mercy or forgiveness. Oras himself had done nothing wrong and this man was essentially trying to scam him. So he'd call him out.

"And so you want me to surrender my soul to you and attempt to live without one then. Don't take my words as an offense but cut the shit. While my aim is to survive, it's also to live once I am strong enough. I'd rather not cut my life short whatsoever, but surrendering any part of me would be the same as half living half dead. While I am indeed grateful you were courteous enough to attempt to persuade me rather than slaying me at first sight, I'm afraid I'll have to decline this offer. Now the question is, will you kill me yourself, or be willing to see how many Yokai it will take to overcome me?" His words were bold, however it wasn't too bold It was essentially showing the Yokai that he was not only smarter than the individual gave him credit for, but he wasn't going down without a fight. And he woudln't be holding back either. In truth he was very scared for his life right now, but for some miracle that fear didn't show in his eyes, or posture. And even if the Yokai noticed his fear. it would be clear Oras knew how to channel that fear to make himself focused and stronger.

The Yokai chuckled softly in amusement before replying.
    “So be it. I like you— I think I’ll give you another chance. Survive the one who deceived you, and I’ll let you leave this realm.” "Keep your goons off me if she attacks, and I'll stand an even chance. I doubt we'll encounter each other again, however I will admit. It was nice to have a conversation that isn't dull or meaningless." “Likewise, human.” And with that the world returned to the way it was. As the illusion faded he allowed his mask to take form again as he turned to look at Izayuki, waiting to see what she would say or do. One thing was clear: He was ready for a fight if she came at him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos - Page 2 TEm5Pci

Post by Guest 7th June 2018, 9:11 pm

It was only because the Bakedanuki recognized the power of a yokai ruler in his domain that she was made so wary. Typically, she would never doubt her own power, and could see herself as safe within the world of Nazo. But because she had trespassed under the dominion of someone else, she saw the numerous issues and differences in power. Had this Torochi been somewhere else in Nazo, outside his domain, or in Earthland, the story would have had a different twist.

But this was not Earthland, and unless one received the ruler’s permission, they would not be able to find their way out of the labyrinth of the claimed terrain. The process of gaining a pass to leave was cruel, and the exchange itself was painful to the Bakedanuki. It felt as if a great portion of her was being ripped out of her body and spirit, while what remained began to swell in size.

All she could see for the time was darkness, and all anyone else could see was the pink-haired girl on the ground on her side, left heaving, with one clawed hand clenching the ground in pain. Of course the night parade leader would leave a spectacle for his followers, to add insult to injury. He was completely aware of who Izayuki was, and what her status in both Nazo and Earthland were. Thus, he would enjoy leaving her in a pitiful state to be laughed at and jeered.

Meanwhile, the unknown, insatiable dark energy was beginning to rise up in the ayakashi’s body and spirit, becoming visible to some keen eyes as it began to manifest around her. The energy or matter had no name, and was completely foreign and unknown, even to Izayuki herself. Her very body was made up of the shadow matter, and her spirit resonated with it. On her body the energy manifested by slowly molding various regions back to their true forms. Her silver-furred ears were now wispy, flowing, shadowy points, while the tip of her tail would melt into a ghostly state, moving as if it were a plume of black smoke. Her hands and wrists were pitch black, as if one were staring into the void, and her claws were much more defined.

Crimson eyes opened to witness the familiar, slow transformation. The last time she had been driven to such a state, in the House of Lost Souls, she had gone berserk and destroyed everything and everyone in the area. Her presence had cursed that very land, and it was only a near fatal blow dealt by her father which brought her back from that monstrous shape. Surely the lord of this realm knew that, or did he? What did he really want from her?

Growling, the Bakedanuki slowly would push herself up, staggering back to her feet. She could hear the ravenous instincts from within her, coming on more strongly than ever before. This time, however, they were not entirely unwelcome. There was nothing to stop them, and they felt so right. A deep seated hunger also began to spike, returning from a long slumber.

As she stood, she saw Oras once again, standing near the silver-haired ayakashi. Just what had he told her guildmate, and why had he not made any moves to kill the human just yet, as per their usual standards? She eyed the ginger-haired man suspiciously, not understanding how or why he was still alive, and half suspecting him to be an illusion of sorts, created for use in a sick game for the night parade to witness.

“Oras,” she stated flatly, attempting to ignore the chaotic states her body and spirit were in. If this were not an illusion, she fully expected the ayakashi lord had disclosed information regarding her, or had extended him a deal of some sort. Either way, she knew she would have to tread carefully.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 8th June 2018, 9:05 pm

When Oras saw Izayuki she was struggling as if she was in unimaginable torment. With what he had seen of the Yokai leader it was just about certain this was the case. Oras didn't move or speak as there was nothing he could do. Not only that, but with his life on the line he was sort of locked in logical and analytical mode. His heart was racing like lightning despite his composed appearance from the outside. All the while his soul continued to be random. It didn't change faster in harmony with his emotions or heartbeat, it changed the same way it ever did. At random speeds and times. There was no pattern with his soul. There wasn't anything to learn at all. As she writhed on the floor he could see her flesh alter and change, gaining a shadow like appearance. When it finished changing it was clear her body had completely changed into something he wasn't aware of. His eyes narrowed under the mask as an unknown element like this changed the entire game. If they fought, he would more than likely die... Hopefully the Yokai would figure out what the leader wanted, for him to defeat her in battle, and just let him do it. If she was smart she'd figure out that she was already in debt to him and this could settle that bet. He just wanted to get home alive. After that he would probably leave the guild and the Yokai, though that may make him a target.

She looked at him with suspicion and spoke his name but... That was it. He grit his teeth. This was going to be far harder than he had expected. He was counting on Izayuki to attack him for whatever reason and let her emotions blind her or something. He was angry at her for not telling him about these people. Specifying the dangers. She told him this world was similar to the world he was familiar with but it really wasn't. And now he was under the threat of death, all of this because the Yokai had fooled him. Lied, tricked him into coming here without any necessary information. He had lost his trust with her entirely. While she may not have intended to encounter this man in particular, she had selfish interests from the instant she spotted his soul. Oras could tell now that she was going to be filled with nothing but lies. He shifted his stance to better look at Izayuki through his visor.
    "Izayuki. We're going to have a chat after we get out of here."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

Post by Guest 8th June 2018, 9:40 pm

The Bakedanuki glared at the masked man. She really did hate that mask. Masks were a form of cowardice in her mind, hiding what one truly was out of shame or fear. One could call it caution, but all Izayuki saw was fear of the unknown.

“You speak as if you know for certain that you are getting out of here. What kind of deal did you make?” she asked through narrowed eyes, her tail fur bristling. She wondered why he was not dead already, having expected the ayakashi to have killed and likely fed on him by now. He was still permitted to interact with her for one reason or another, so just what was it that he promised the lord of the night parade?

Izayuki took a bold step forward, still expecting the Oras she saw in front of her to be a deception, be it an illusion or a temporarily shapeshifted yokai. “What kind of ‘chat’ do you want to have? I’d say we could have it here and now. Why wait, unless you really will be alive by the time we leave this place,” she murmured suspiciously.

She continued to move towards him, slowly but steadily. After a few steps, she stood with only a half meter of space in between them, gazing up at the masked man. With a swift and gentle motion, her shadowed hand would attempt to remove the mask from his face-- she had to know, was this a disguise of the enemy, or really him? His soul felt the same, but it could have just been stolen upon his demise if he had been killed. Attempting to make eye contact, whether or not she successfully took the mask, Izayuki would continue in a low voice, her crimson eyes dire and serious. “What did they tell you?”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 8th June 2018, 10:19 pm

He saw the anger in her eyes but whether that was to him, his words, or the situation he couldn't tell. All he knew was that his words caused a reaction from the Yokai around them. Most of them were shocked that he said something like that, and many were angered by it too. Thinking him arrogant and cocky to say something like that. However under the eyes of the leader they remained silent and still. Even so Oras could tell they were fighting their instincts to rush in and slaughter him. Time was an enemy to them in this scenario. When she spoke again it was his turn to be angered, narrowing his eyes under the mask. She began to approach him slowly at first and he replied to her words. "You say that as if you expected me to have been killed," he said. His tone was even and there wasn't a hint of hostility. However he was in fact angered. He had been played the fool by her, lied to about many things, and now she was telling him she 'expected' him to have died. He wasn't going to be deceived by her any longer. He was going to find out everything about her, and her guild. And find out exactly what she intended to use him for.

"Going over every lie you've set up as your own mask and what it is you really want with me," he said simply. Soon she reached him and shot her hand out for his mask. Not this time he thought to himself, and quickly moved to block and twist her arm out of the way, preventing his mask from being taken a second time. He did this to show he wasn't going to put up with anything, but also to symbolize that he would never, ever be fooled twice. Where his arm and hand touched her skin his wrappings had burned off like her skin was acid. Now that. Was a problem, though he did not show it yet. He could feel the pain on his skin which caused him to grit his teeth but again, that was why the mask was there. To make him seem anything but human. His soul and the mask, his magic and the way he held himself. It would leave an impression. And he would use this in the future to his advantage. When she asked him in a very serious manner, low enough where only he could here, he replied in the same volume. "That I have allowed you to trick me. His original price was my soul but changed it later. I must defeat you in order to escape."

Post by Guest 9th June 2018, 10:19 am

Izayuki could slightly feel the agitation from Oras-- though he kept his demeanor calm, as per usual, anger was not a difficult emotion to pick up on. Of course, she could have only been imagining it, but given the situation, it would not be surprising. “Is it unrealistic to expect that of a human among territorial yokai?” she retorted as she drew closer to him, step by step.

Her hand reached for his mask, but he grabbed her wrist and twisted it away before she could make contact with it. She gritted her teeth in frustration, but could not help but relax as she felt him tense from the pain of the shadow energy on her arm. She felt a slight rush of satisfaction as the energy burned away the parts of clothing that made contact with her-- served him right.

“Every lie I’ve told you?” she echoed, before attempting to grip onto his wrist with her own arm that was held by his hand. With him not yet removing his mask, it increased Izayuki’s suspicions that he was not really Oras, but an illusion or deception created by Torochi. Nevertheless, she would play along, just in case. Her abyss-darkened hand would continue to burn him so long as it continued to make direct contact with his clothing and skin. “Enlighten me-- what are these ‘lies’ I’ve told you. List them off, one by one,” the Bakedanuki stated flatly, not even attempting to be daring or threatening. She simply wanted to know if he could back up such a bold claim.

The Bakedanuki’s fur on her tail continued to bristle in frustration as he continued. So that was what they had told him-- ayakashi certainly did enjoy watching conflict. She guessed that they expected her to kill him, and would then take his soul, thus giving them both the unique soul and an entertaining show. They appeared to have no doubt that she could kill him, seeing as she had already been granted her freedom with her own exchange. “And what happens if you don’t defeat me?” she would ask with narrowed crimson eyes, trying to keep her firm grip on Oras’ arm. “Do you die, or are you trapped here forever?”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 9th June 2018, 4:29 pm

He could tell things were heating up very quickly and if it wasn't handled carefully she could fight with the actual intention of killing him. When she spoke in a sense of realism of expectations he knew she was already dangerous. Furthermore, when Oras blocked her and prevented her from snatching his mask a second time, he could see the flash of anger towards him. While it was replaced with something else, that other reaction was in fact satisfaction, more than likely due to the fact that he was burned badly from his contact with her. She seemed to want to get back at him more however as she quickly grabbed his wrist tightly. Instead of touching him and his wrappings however, she touched a physical illusion Oras summoned suddenly. This illusion taking the form of wrappings and protected him from her acid like skin. She then insisted he clarify what lies she'd told him. He moved closer so her face was directly in front of his mask. "You don't care about me or others, only what catches your interest, things to distract you from whatever past you're running from, or ways to use them against your enemies. You lied and manipulated me into coming here, not telling me the real dangers we may have encountered. You know how cautious I can be and never shared the dangers else I would never have come. Not only that but your entire guild wears a mask of deception. You aren't who you people say you are. You are really something else and if you won't tell me then I will find it out myself. I will tear through every mask and veil you have ever put up until I have found the facts behind your 'guild'. You've reminded me that nothing is true except that there is no truth. I'll hold that philosophy more now than ever."

When she asked him what happens if he succeeded. "I leave this realm. The question is what will you do, Izayuki? Will you attack a member of your guild out of anger? Or did you never consider me a part of your guild and only a tool to be used in the end?"

Post by Guest 9th June 2018, 10:34 pm

The Bakedanuki gritted her teeth as the masked man moved closer, to be face to face with her before speaking. Her silver-furred ears were drawn back flat against her head, as if there were a threat in front of her. The words she heard spouted from him were mostly nonsense, or a warped perception. With little effort, Torochi had done a great deal of mental manipulation towards both of them. He had stoked their weaknesses, and preyed on their shortcomings in an attempt to blow them out of proportion. The Bakedanuki was slowly coming to realize this the longer Oras spoke.

“I act in shared interests. I can’t force you to do anything, nor do I coddle other mages-- they can make their own decisions. Who was the one who said ‘I’ll go’ after I explained that there would be great risk involved? You didn’t ask for more details-- you jumped in before thinking more about it. You’re not cautious. You’re daring. A cautious individual would not dive headfirst into an offer to see another world with a yokai, nor would they be so apt to dig into situations for information that they were not involved in. A cautious person would mind their own business, and steer clear of anything that could cause them harm,”
    Izayuki explained, letting go of her grip on the illusionary clothing on his arm. What she stated was a simple observation, but very true in her eyes. She had known cautious people, and she would not categorize Oras as one of them. “You jump right into whatever interests you in your hunger for information and this ‘truth’. Truth won’t grant you safety, either. Information will only make you more vulnerable.”

He had mentioned Black Rose, which triggered the Bakedanuki’s tail to twitch in curiosity. Now was a time to bring up the subject of the guild? “My guild hides its information for just that reason. What we know paints a target on our backs. We can’t so easily spill our secrets to just any curious investigator,” she explained grimly. “You want to know Black Rose’s secret? Fine. We are a pet guild of the Magic Council that witnessed them attacking and killing innocents, while utilizing other legal guilds to do it. Our goal is to stop them at all costs, and see to it that the Magic Council is destroyed, reformed, replaced, or drastically changed, while trying not to bring any innocents into the crossfires. This goal would only be seen as ‘dark’ in their eyes, and our members labeled wanted criminals.”

Taking a step backward, Izayuki attempted to grant a small amount of distance between them. “So again I say, list off every ‘lie’, one by one.”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 10th June 2018, 8:39 am

As they stood there he noticed Izayuki losing some of her aggression.  He wasn't sure why or how, but who was he to question it?  Actually it was his every right to question everything.  Especially now more than any other time.  She seemed angered when he had approached but that was fine by him.  She was the one who was trying to cause him harm by touching him with her acid skin.  She was the one who tried ripping his mask off by force.  To see her disturbed by him moving closer was satisfying.  He hadn't felt such a way before.  Satisfaction of seeing the discomfort of someone else.  He would later try to avoid such a feeling again, but for the moment that was the case.  The Yokai around them who were watching became ever more restless.  Becoming bored or anxious, wanting the two to fight, or to rush in and slaughter the two themselves.  He could practically feel their hate, anxiety and boredom mingled into it's own raw emotion, hanging in the air.  However Oras' focus was on Izayuki and no other.

She called him out on his not asking for more details, making it out to be that he was the opposite of cautious.  That he was daring and careless.  However this had been a one time thing.  Oras had never done this before nor acted this way in the past.  He was relying on the fact that she was supposedly strong, powerful.  He'd never rely on such a belief again.  He wouldn't trust her like that ever again.  In addition she said that she acted on shared interests but she was using his own interests against him.  Or rather there wasn't any evidence that she cared about Oras, only about herself.  He could see her bringing him here to find out more about his soul to satisfy her curiosity.  Did she do it for Oras himself?  No chance in that.  More than likely if it was either Oras or Izayuki who could escape this place alive, she would sacrifice him without a second's hesitation.  When she finished he would reply:
     "Don't twist words to your favor.  You wanted to satisfy your curiosity and used my shared interest to lure me in.  I trusted you in that you were supposedly strong, and familiar with this world.  I will never make that same mistake twice."  When she told him about her guild it only raised more questions but those would have to wait.  He wasn't going to let this conversation continue too much further, as the Yokai around them were beginning to become extremely restless.  If they waited any longer, some of them may decide to launch an attack command or no.  When she told him to list off her lies again he only said one thing:  "Answer this:  Do you care about the lives, goals, personality of others?  Or just how they can aid or entertain you and your own goals?"

Post by Guest 10th June 2018, 12:14 pm

“What words am I twisting?” the ayakashi snapped back, her tail twitching in continued frustration not at Oras, but at the situation. “I won’t deny I was curious. But my curiosity alone is not enough to force someone to do anything. I made the offer, and I warned you of the dangers. If I were completely certain I could protect you, why would I have bothered to tell you of the risks? You assumed wrong.”

As she suspected, he was unable to be specific in telling her what she had lied about. The leader of the night parade was cunning-- he could plant doubt so smoothly, and prey on the smallest inkling of suspicion towards another. He presented his words as truth, and though they had some truth in it, their entire purpose was to stir up emotions and the sense of a situation for an entertaining show. She glanced at the silver-haired yokai for a split second, not surprised to see a smirk on his face, creeping out from under the fox mask. This was exactly what he wanted. They were playing right into his hands.

After hearing his next two questions, the Bakedanuki gazed down at the ground in front of her, her silver-furred ears no longer drawn flat against her head as if their were a threat nearby, but instead in dejection. Though she did her best to mask the emotions, her tanuki traits would betray them. “Ever since Elyx, my husband, died, I have no goals, other than to finish what I started when I assumed leadership of Black Rose,” she said, keeping her crimson focus on the grassy ground.

Izayuki paused for a moment, before looking back up at him and pointing towards the pocket where she sensed Oras was keeping the leaf she had given him. “I don’t give my contracts out like business cards. If I didn’t care, you wouldn’t be holding that. I don’t throw away lives at the expense of my own curiosity,” she continued, staring boldly at the masked man with her Bakedanuki features relaxing finally, no longer quite as tense. She hated thinking about where she was in the present, with her husband dead and gone, and without family. Torochi was quick to bring those facts back up and rub them in her face, however.

“You said you have to defeat me in order to leave,” Izayuki mentioned, meeting his eyes once more. “Go ahead.”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 10th June 2018, 1:55 pm

He watched, after some snapping the Yokai calmed down.. No not calm down, more like. Despondent. She looked down at the ground which had surprised Oras. He saw her tail and ears react, seemingly on their own, and he could tell that these emotions were in fact what she was feeling. She wasn't able to hide it even though she was clearly trying to. She mentioned someone named Elyx, and how he was her husband. Who in fact had died not too long ago it seemed. He heard what she said about how she had no more goals to speak of, and how all she had in her life was finishing what she had started: The black rose guild. She then explained what the guild's true purpose was. He was silent for a moment, even after she encouraged him to move in and fight her. There was a moment where he said nothing and was trying the patience of the surrounding Yokai.

"You and I are similar in that aspect then. Neither of us have anything to live for. We simply exist to survive, to live. Only for the sake of living." He then shook his head. "But I don't attack the innocent, nor do I attack those who don't fight back. And I do not wish to be toyed with the Yokai here, nor play into their hands. If you don't attack, they will. But I will not land the first strike."

Post by Guest 10th June 2018, 3:47 pm

‘Time will tell’ was his last response after she had mentioned the point that he was a lot like her. Only now did he really see, from another perspective entirely. Both Torochi and Oras were right-- she no longer lived for any goals. Her goal for revenge had been smudged out by time and lack of necessity. Her goal to raise a family had been overturned upon Elyx’s death and Astrid’s rejection of her. And any other goals? They had either been reached or were no longer worth pursuing in the Bakedanuki’s eyes.

In Izayuki’s case, she simply could not die. Trying would be too much trouble, and every past attempt on her life by someone had resulted in failure on their part. Her body would scatter and then recompose to her true form. If anything, her dying was somewhat more dangerous for those nearby. Surely the night parade leader knew this. He did not anticipate for Oras to successfully kill Izayuki. He wanted her to be the executioner.

“You’re right,” she said with a defeated sigh, shaking her head. The shadowed transformations on her body began to melt away slowly, starting from her tail and ears, to her arms and claws. When he continued, Izayuki stared at him disapprovingly. “Do you want to die? Our only option is to do what they want. Play their games, and live to see another day,” she explained, shooting an angered glare over the surrounding yokai. “Hurry and take a strike. Don't worry about me. I know you find it hard, but just once more-- trust me.”

If he did strike her down, she would not die. Her body would break down into the dark matter it was made from, and shortly afterward, it could reconstruct. Her idea, however, was to utilize her freed soul to attack the night parade leader while she could. Fighting a physically alive yokai was easy, but fighting against a soul was another story entirely for ayakashi.

Meanwhile, the silver-haired yokai watched the two, his smirk slowly fading. Were they really intending to do this? He suspected what was about to happen, and readied himself just in case.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 10th June 2018, 8:16 pm

Izayuki seemed more defeated than ever. She looked up at Oras and admitted that he was right and shook her head. Indeed. It would seem they were both alike. They both hid from the truth using their own masks. They both had a scarred past, her probably more so than he. They both worked to master the art of illusion. They both weren't afraid to be blunt, or to enter a philosophical debate. Neither of them fit in with humans, that much was clear. In fact Oras doubted he fitted in anywhere. Especially with the chaotic soul of his. The two of them had no goals to reach. They had no desires but to live. Yet what was their reason for living? Why did they choose to carry on? Suddenly Izayuki spoke to him in a rebuking tone about wanting to die. He looked at her through the visor, wondering why she would be upset with him for thinking that. Of course he didn't want to die, but he had no reason to live either. She insisted however that their only option was to play the game the Yokai had set up for their own amusement, and live to fight another day. She then told him to strike at her, to once again trust her despite the lack of reason to. He stood there as he analyzed what it was she had said to him...

She wanted him, to kill her? All he had to do was defeat her. Yet, he recalled what she had said about him wanting to die. The rebuking tone she had used. She wasn't planning to die today. Either she would defend herself or she wouldn't actually die. Either way she was wanting him to attack and 'kill' her. He would hesitate and that hesitation would be very clear. The one thing he wished to prevent was harm coming to the innocents. That desire sparked when his village was massacred and all his friends and family slaughtered for no reason. He wanted to protect those who couldn't defend themselves, so that they could grow up and make choices for themselves later on. Now however, if he wanted to live, he had to break that commitment. Even if it was once, even if she was telling him to, this wasn't an easy thing to do. Still..... He tightened his fist in frustration before drawing his dagger.
    "As you wish, Izayuki." He then shot off like a shot to pierce her in an area that would kill her swiftly with as little pain as possible. Before he could however something else happened. Torochi moved faster than Oras could perceive, and struck him with an open palm. When the contact was made, magic energy flowed into Oras and shattered his body, literally tearing his molecules apart and turning him into dust.

The action was so swift, so silent. Yet to Oras, Izayuki, and Torochi it would have felt longer than the instant in which it was. Everything would seem slow motion as Oras shattered. And then, only an instant after his life had ended... A pulse erupted from where Oras originally was. This pulse shook everything, from the Yokai in the area, the foundations of the structure, to their very souls and minds. Immediately following this pulse came a blast of unknown energy. Dark energy that was near indescribable shot out in the form of an explosion in a massive radius. The Yokai at the edges of the inner circle of the crowd were immediately killed, their flesh and souls destroyed and fragmented, split down beyond the atoms and turned into something that belonged to now realm, whether physical or spiritual. Those beyond the death radius were simply blasted back, injured from the sheer power of the explosion. Torochi had put up a magical barrier when the pulse hit him, and when the blast struck he was thrown back from the force. He would have died if he hadn't sacrificed every ounce of his mana to do so. He crashed into the wall and fell to the ground, bleeding from the sheer strain of losing that much mana all at once. Even the foundations were turned into the strange energy, leaving a massive crater in the ground and ceiling, with the surrounding areas cracked and torn. Then, just as soon as it had exploded, the energy suddenly shot to the center and hovered there.

What stood in the middle of all the death, carnage and destruction was a sphere of unknown energy, which was a mixture of all forms of dark colors. Black, dark purple, dark red, dark green, even colors no man Yokai, or other beings had even seen before. The air around the crater looked strange too, and if one stood near or in it they could feel the matter and mana being sucked into the sphere of energy. The only one unaffected was Izayuki. Only seconds after the sphere had formed, Torochi began screaming in pain, and if others used magic or telepathy to see what was happening to him, they would sense that something else had pierced his mental defenses and was blocking anything from seeing whatever it was doing to the man. Ten seconds later and he suddenly went limp, still conscious but too weak, and too deep in pain to do or say anything.

Post by Guest 10th June 2018, 9:04 pm

Izayuki was fully prepared for Oras to strike her down. She lowered every defense she had, and prepared her unlabeled soul and her dark matter body to snap into action right upon being ‘killed’. She watched Oras bring out his dagger without much expression. Though in reality, her heart was beating hard in her chest, she displayed no apprehension. She had already been killed at least two or three times, so what was one more death?

As Oras launched himself forward to drive the dagger through her, the unsuspectable happened. The leader of the local night parade must have known what was up, and understood what the Bakedanuki was planning. This was not supposed to be a fight with a victor-- this was a planned execution, and the executioner failed at doing her job. With a rush of energy, Torochi had made his move, and ripped apart Oras ever so smoothly with his power.

The Bakedanuki’s jaws parted in a silent scream, her mind and body in too much shock at the swiftness and reality of it all for her to even release a sound. Before anything else could happen, however, there was an instantaneous explosion following the unlikely demise of her guildmate. The explosion was of the nature of his shifty soul, and much like a black hole, desecrated and absorbed everything within proximity.

Izayuki could feel the outer layer of her body being ripped away in the shockwave, with her human skin tearing apart bit by bit, with black energy and matter seeping through the rips in her body. As the explosion continued, her entire body ripped apart, leaving nothing but a humanoid figure composed entirely of the shadow matter, with jagged canine ears, razor claws, and a plume of dark energy for a tail.

The dark creature could only slowly come to its senses, observing the leader of the night parade crying out as he died slowly, and the surrounding yokai that survived on the run for their lives. Even the tree was slowly being destroyed as the black hole of a soul was consuming everything nearby. So that was what it was… true destruction and chaos concentrated in a soul within a human.

The beast moved towards the soul cautiously, somewhat surprised that it was not also being consumed by the ravenous, destructive soul. Perhaps that was because of the dark matter that had no real label. It was likely not seen as anything that could be destroyed or consumed, and thus was missed by the chaotic atmosphere the soul produced. The minutes dragged on as the beast witnessed the soul and its moderate but sure decomposition of the place. Moving even closer, the humanoid compilation of dark matter gingerly took it in their clawed hands, cradling it gently.

Holding it in her arms, the creature of dark matter curled up on the darkened and now dead and barren ground. After dying, he could cause so much destruction to one place? They really were alike. She only hoped that somehow, this was not truly the end for him. Thus, she would linger until she knew for sure whether he was coming back, or if he had left his soul behind for eternity.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 10th June 2018, 9:31 pm

Seconds felt like hours. Hours felt like days. Days felt like months. Months felt like years. Years felt like seconds. Time was shattered. It did and didn't exist, shattered and morphing, forming, shapeless. Oras was his soul, that was who he was. He was dead and yet he wasn't. He was conscious yet at the same time he couldn't be conscious. All he could feel was eternity, and the pain. The pain of being ripped apart at the seams a thousand trillion times over and over and over again. Never ending, never ceasing, never pausing pain. Oras would think for this one moment that it was how dying felt like, or at least for him. But should he die again, he would learn that the sensation changed and depended on the manner in how he had died. He wasn't aware of what was going on in the world around him. He could only feel the flux, the varied amounts of energy being absorbed into him. He wasn't sure how long he was in this state, nor how much longer. From his perspective it was taking forever, even though, as stated before. While time existed for him, it was shattered and scrambled.

Eventually Oras' soul had collected enough converted energy to restore his body and tether. With that finished his soul began to reconstruct what his body had been before, as well as the clothing he had worn prior to his death. Save for his mask. The mask was broken a second before Oras had been killed and thus was not accounted for. From Oras' point of view, the restoration was a very long and painful process. It was as if each cell had a nerve that connected to him. Which in this case, every molecule that was reformed could feel the pain of being touched by such energy, as well as being disconnected from other cells they desperately needed to stay bonded to. And with Oras' warped position of time, though it be temporary, the pain was stretched on for what seemed like forever. When in reality it was a process too quick for even the fastest eye in the multiverse to see. Eventually the pain had ended and he was 'conscious' once again. He was once more in a physical body with his clothes and everything. He was in fact alive.

It took a couple of seconds before he could even open his eyes, but when he did he saw a shadowy shape looking down at him. He was still mentally recovering and tried to figure out, or rather remember what had happened. He went over what he could recall. He was rushing to kill Izayuki, because she told him to and because it was the only way he could possibly live. He almost hit her when... He heard something. Like, the sound of wind moving extremely swiftly. Then he felt something touch him and. He flinched as he recalled the pain. Torochi. It was him who did it. He blasted him into dust... But, how was he alive? He then returned his mind to the present and saw the shadow again, and realized that he was being held by it, albeit gently. He was too weak. To weak to defend himself, to weak to speak. He couldn't protect himself from- Suddenly he felt energy seeping into him, and he could feel his soul converting it into stamina. Which was what he needed most right now. So this being, was on his side? He looked around and saw all the destruction. The tree was all but destroyed. There was a massive crater where they were right now. And over at the edge he could see Torochi lying there limp. But he couldn't see Izayuki....... Then he thought of the shadow he was being held by. He turned to her and said, rather weakly.
    "..Iza..Yuki?"

Post by Guest 10th June 2018, 9:44 pm

The beast stirred as there was new movement from the soul. Slowly but surely, it began to reconstruct itself, regenerating a new body-- the form of her guildmate. Staring with white eyes in curiosity, the creature made room for the revival, but still kept the form cradled in her arms, unable to let go. When without her real body, Izayuki was left without much of a mind, logic, or emotions. The bare minimum to exist were pure instincts, and that was just what it was. She felt the instinct to protect this odd soul, and to reflect on nothing but the last few minutes leading up to Oras dying and her being ripped apart.

Eventually, he had fully brought himself back, and life was coursing through him once again, even if weakly. The dark creature took note of how weak and frail he looked, so young and gentle looking without his mask and figure so well hidden. It was then that the beast heard its name, which quickly brought it back to a state of being mentally and emotionally aware of itself and the details of the situation at hand. Within seconds, the dark matter morphed to her preferred human form once again, as if nothing had happened. She wore the same clothing as before and retained her fluffy tanuki features.

As he gained energy, the Bakedanuki could not keep her tail from flicking to and fro, happy and relieved to see that he was not dead. As usual, her features would betray her, but in this instance, it was not as if she minded. “Oras…” she began softly with a relieved smile, gently letting go of him from her arms. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 11th June 2018, 6:43 am

Oras lay there in the Yokai's arms as he watched her begin to change. The being of shadow seemed to slowly morph back into a human like being. Skin materialized around it and slowly stitched itself together. As her body formed so did her clothing and before long Izayuki was there instead of the shadow being. Though Oras was guessing that the two were in fact one in the same. Her tail began moving back and forth as Oras shifted, able to move again, albeit a bit stiffly. She said his name and let go of him, and he slowly rose to his feet. When he was out of her arms he nearly collapsed to the ground again but moved his foot forward to catch himself. His whole body was shaking, his head rather dizzy, but he was able to sustain himself. He heard Izayuki's concern and he knew it was the truth. He didn't know what had happened, but it was clear that she had chosen to stay and protect him. He breathed heavily, trying to get oxygen into his system and freshen up his muscles with new air. New strength. He turned his head to Izayuki, the look in her eyes. She was happy he was safe. No one he knew, at least no one alive, would have been so concerned for his health. Perhaps his master, but if Oras had died he would have just moved on.

"What.. What happened?" He looked around again, but he just couldn't figure anything out. As he gained strength he turned his body around, still a bit shaky but no longer afraid of falling over anymore. "Did this happen after I died? And how am I not dead? I, I don't understand." He turned to Izayuki again, thoughts racing too fast in his head.. That's when he realized something: He knew she was happy he wasn't dead, but it wasn't only because of her features, or her eyes. He realized after looking a second time, she was hiding the happiness from her eyes. Probably second nature to hide them. Then how?... He focused on her a little and he could feel her emotions. He stumbled a bit but kept steady as his eyes widened a little. "..How can I feel your emotions? What. What's going on with me?" He was terrified at this point. He had no idea what had happened, no idea what was going on with him, and while he was grateful he was alive, he had no idea how he was alive. "...You, you stayed with me. Protected me. I'm, I'm sorry for everything I said before. About you not caring, and about you being selfish. I'm just.. It was impossible for me to imagine someone else legitimately caring about me, and not how I could be used.."

Post by Guest 11th June 2018, 2:32 pm

As Oras rose to his feet and began to stumble, Izayuki’s first instinct was to jump up and catch and steady him. Fortunately, she did not have to as he managed to keep himself from completely falling over. However, the Bakedanuki observed his shaking, understanding that finding one’s bearings after death was quite a difficult and tedious process. The first time she had been killed, it was easy to recover as she had possessed someone and continued fighting. The second time, it took her many, many days to fully recover. Luckily, she had been rescued from the cursed location where she had been killed, and thus was able to recover in relative comfort.

Izayuki waited patiently as he began to ask questions. She understood that the situation was likely quite confusing for the human, who was quite unaccustomed to the idea of dying and reviving. Standing with him, the Bakedanuki would point with a dark-clawed finger at him, specifically, at his soul which she still saw with an aspect of her magic. “It’s your soul,” she answered simply and gently. “Your death released it and its true nature. And when you were brought back, it was your soul that did so,” Izayuki said. She did not completely understand what had happened, but her best guess was that the soul brought Oras back more in its image, and according to its nature. Thus, there would be fewer boundaries for the soul and its chaotic nature for now.

The Bakedanuki’s eared perked at what else he had to say. The idea that he could feel emotions was slightly unnerving to the yokai, who preferred to keep her feelings bottled and hidden from the rest of the world, while she wore an outward disguise to depict how she wanted to be seen. But the following of what he had to say was most curious to the Bakedanuki, who had not expected such words from him. Of course, she felt a flash of guilt. Overall, she did not care about just anything, and could not deny the fact that she was selfish, even if not outwardly. However, she made a point to not be that way towards guildmates, and that made all the difference.

“Apology accepted,” she said, flicking her tail dismissively. She would eagerly take apologies, yet for her, making them was difficult, even if they were owed. “But, you missed one important fact. My last request was for you to trust me-- you did, and I failed you. For that, I owe you,” Izayuki stated, avoiding eye contact with him. He knew what she meant, surely, and it was not something she so easily wanted to repeat. With her new nature, becoming indebted to a human in such a way was slightly shameful, as she had been unable to hold up her end of a brief bargain.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 11th June 2018, 8:31 pm

Oras continued to try and adjust to, being alive again and soon was able to control his body enough to stop the shaking and stand still. It was a sensation he was not at all used to, and hoped he didn't have to get use to it. He tried to sharpen his skills in adaption, so that he could easily adjust to any situation.. However he didn't expect to be brought back to life. If he wanted his main weapon to be the unexpected, he needed to do better than this. He tried to take a step forward and while he had succeeded he did stumble a bit. He was incredibly disorientated, and very confused, but he did his best to keep in control. He scanned the area once again and confirmed that there was no one but the two of them. They were utterly alone... But then, how and what? He turned to Izayuki who pointed at him and said that it was him. His soul that had caused all of this. How his death had released his soul and it's true nature. Oras' eyes widened, betraying emotions of shock, nervousness.. maybe even fear, anxiety, confusion, and many others. "How did I, er my soul do this? What happened to the Yokai? Where did they go? And what happened to..." He looked at Torochi.

He heard her accept his apology, which he was happy about. He was very shaken up right now and wasn't thinking about his survival at all... Especially since apparently he couldn't die. Then he heard her speak up again, starting with the word but. He looked up as she mentioned how he missed a rather vital fact. Which apparently was the fact that she asked him to trust him. That he had chosen to trust her, and that she had failed him. And how she owed him. He saw her look away, and he could very strongly feel her shame fill up her entire being. He stood there for a moment in silence before speaking up.
    "Then let's clear that debt up here and now: I want you to promise me two things: The first is to never, every think that you are in debt to me. The second, is more of a request than a promise: Please take me in. As a part of your guild, your family. All this time I've struggled to survive but no reason to live. I can't live like that anymore, especially not when I apparently can't die. I don't want to be alone but I don't know how to reach out to others. I'm pathetic, and I'm weak. I hid behind a mask because I was afraid others would look into my eyes and into my soul. And see how broken I am." He fell to his knees, both because he was struggling just to stand up, and because his heart was heavy right now. He couldn't believe he was actually confessing all of this. Especially to someone he was angry at not too long ago... Or was it? How long was he 'dead'?

Post by Guest 11th June 2018, 9:14 pm

“Your soul’s nature… I can only describe it as a chaotic black hole, really,” Izayuki explained, gazing back towards Oras and following his gaze to the deceased yokai noble. “It consumed everything around that had life or magic energy.”

The only reason she was alive was likely because of her body, which was unable to be categorized. It was made of a matter and energy unlike any other, a substance nobody had ever encountered on any world or astral plane. It was a mystery to Izayuki, but she had become known for her mysteries, hence her title as a Wizard Saint-- the god of mystery.

The Bakedanuki was taken aback as the human made his demand, telling her to promise to never believe she was indebted to him again. In a way, it was quite a high demand for a yokai, even if it was seen as compassion by a human. The mild surprise on her face was evident as he asked for such a thing. Even though kind humans often would not ask for anything in return, that seldom canceled a debt. However, his was different. He asked her to promise to never feel she owed him again. All she could do in her minor shock was nod.

However, the next bit to come dropped even more surprise on the guild master. She listened curiously, at first not completely understanding, as he was already a member of her guild. She was the one who had recruited him, after all. As he fell to his knees, the Bakedanuki instinctually moved forward to catch him in an embrace, gently going to the ground with him, holding in a hug much like she had cradled his soul moments earlier. She placed her hand on his right shoulder blade, where she could sense his Black Rose guild mark. “You’re already a part of my family, as a member of Black Rose,” she said warmly. “We all have our weak points, and it’s in those times where we need others to help us.”

She was only repeating what she had been taught, from all the various individuals in her life. Long ago, she too had tried to shoulder everything. But then the guild came along and told her that such a thing did not strengthen one. Elyx, Kakuma, Jin, Magna, and many others had mentored her in that aspect, showing her that she could find strength in numbers, not just physically, but emotionally as well. “You’re surrounded by family now. All you have to do is open up,” she continued, thoughtfully recalling how Black Rose gave her worldview a makeover, so she did not have to live in pure isolation. Thinking of it, perhaps it was time to let go of some of her grief, and open herself back up to the guild while she was at it. “By the way, do you still have that leaf I gave you?”

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 12th June 2018, 6:34 am

He heard Izayuki describe his soul in the manner of a black hole, which caused him to blink in utter shock. A black hole? She explained further, stating how his soul had consumed everything and everyone that had any life or magic energy. He looked around again at the place itself, and how it was nearly completely destroyed itself. "I'd say more than just that... I can't believe my soul is so destructive. We really need to figure out what the hell I really am." He looked at Torochi who was lying lifeless against the broken, and nearly completely consumed wall and thought about the Yokai crowd, and how they were eager to rush in and slaughter him. How they were crowding around in the hopes that they could get in on any action that may or may not start. Izayuki spoke facts, which meant. "I killed all those Yokai didn't I? I always try not to kill if I can help it, always try to protect the innocent. And yet I have the potential to slaughter thousands. Cruel irony I think is the phrase to use in this situation. I hope there is a way I can control this ability, keep from killing anyone else. What I'm mostly scared of however, is. If dying has woken up my soul, what other effects will there be besides hearing the emotions of others?"

When Oras had spoken he could feel the shock growing in her, as he expected it would. He didn't doubt she was shocked, especially since he was a survivalist. She had told him how holding a debt over a Yokai could mean everything when it came to survival, and to hold it over them as long as humanly possible. However he just couldn't do it. He especially couldn't do it when it came to someone who had done everything in her power to protect him, was the guild master, and was someone who, though she may not realize it, showed him kindness. When he collapsed however it was his turn to be surprised. The Yokai had moved in and gently caught him, holding him in a sort of hug. Similar to how she had held him when he woke up from his, 'death'. He'd need to find a better name than death later on as that clearly wasn't the case here. He felt her place her hand on his shoulder blade, where the guild symbol resided and heard her speak. Mentioning how he was already a member of the guild, of their family. How they all had weak points that required aid from others. His body hesitated but soon gave up and just hugged her back. Hope being what drove him, hope that he had truly found a family and place he could call home. Hope that he would have a meaning to live for the first time.

He didn't cry, he wasn't that far. But he did smile for real for the first time. After a little bit of time he heard her ask him about the leaf that she had given him. He realized that he may not have it after he was killed. His body and clothing was repaired, but not his mask, so he wanted to double check. His hand went to where the leaf was stored and sighed.
    "Yeah, yeah I still have it."

Post by Guest 12th June 2018, 1:19 pm

The Bakedanuki noticed the smile on his face, which almost seemed unnatural, given how closed off he was, and how often he would hide his facial expression under a mask or an illusion. She slowly would release him from the embrace, while listening to his own observations about the recent events. “You did kill many yokai. Some managed to escape, but the closest ones were killed. It isn’t your fault, though-- their leader was the one who killed you. There’s a simply solution for the future, though. Simply, don’t get killed,” she explained, with a tint of humor in her voice. Naturally, it was not simple to survive, but it was not difficult either, if one were smart about living.

“You’ll have to find out what other secrets your soul holds at another time,” Izayuki answered. She was personally not fond of his ability to read emotions, finding the act intrusive and disconcerting. “But, if anything, you’ll want to figure out how to seal that ability to an extent. Feeling the emotions of others could be burdensome, as not everyone is happy and cheery,” she continued. It was a half selfish suggestion, even though it held truth in it. Feeling the emotions of others could drive one to confusion and madness at worst, and just stress them out at best. For her, however, she did not enjoy being read like an open book-- it was unnerving and made the ayakashi uncomfortable.

When he checked for the leaf and confirmed he had it, the Bakedanuki grinned. The leaf was the physical manifestation of a one way bond, after all. It was the symbol of a contract and would allow her to assist him in a time of need if he used it. “Keep it. If you ever need me, just hold it and call my name,” she would repeat her words from before the ordeal. If he would not hold her to a debt, he would at least have a sign of her loyalty.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 12th June 2018, 2:31 pm

The Yokai had been correct in thinking this strange of him. Oras hadn't smiled since the moment before his friends were killed. Before his family and home was obliterated. Before he was cared for by a lone wizard, trained in the ways of survival. Ever since then he had no reason to smile up till now. Things were different, or hopefully would remain different, from this point on. When Izayuki began to explain how he had in fact killed multiple Yokai when his soul went on a rampage, though there were some Yokai who had escaped. She then pressed that it wasn't his fault, that it was the leader. Reminding him that he didn't really have any control over his soul, or it's potency. She was right of course. She was more so since they didn't even know what it was capable of at all. Then he heard her little joke and he rubbed the back of his head, a slight smile from the humor. "Easier said than done though. Even in the humor world. I'll have to be even more careful than usual if that's the case. And train harder. There is so much I can do with my magic if I could just start improving it."

She then mentioned how he would have to worry about learning the rest of his abilities and capabilities at a later date, to which he nodded to in agreement. They still had to get out of this world, with or without the answers to their questions. Despite his death and consequences of said death having scared off the Yokai, they were still not safe. They needed to return to the guild as soon as possible. There they could fully recover and try to figure out what had happened.. Though if Oras was honest he would much rather rest, even sleep all this off. He wondered if they could return to the guild from any point in this world, or if they needed to return to the same point they came from before hand. Then she continued, stating how he would need to learn how to control these abilities at some point, since he could easily become overwhelmed from the emotions of other individuals. Oras nodded again. "I agree with both your statements. Though I don't see it being an easy thing, gaining control over this ability.. We should probably head back as soon as we can too. Can we return from any point in this world? Or do we have to return to the same place we came in?"

He saw the Yokai grin when he had declared that he still had the leaf. She then repeated what she had said when she first gave the leaf to him, which was to essentially keep it on hand, and summon her if and when he needed to by calling out her name. Oras nodded in understanding and put it in a secure pocket under his cloak. "Alright I will. Thank you Izayuki. For everything really."

Post by Guest 12th June 2018, 5:35 pm

Izayuki nodded in response to Oras’ decision. The main reason his life was so dangerous was because he had chosen to pursue the path of a wizard, and doing so had its upsides, as well as its downsides. The path held many dangers and mysteries, and many mages would lose their lives before ever getting anywhere. Though the two of them could not permanently die as far as she knew, it did not erase the perils that laid ahead. She personally had not chosen the life of a mage, but lived it anyway, having found no other home.

Fortunately, her unease had not been picked up on by Oras, as it was more of a mental note than an actual emotion resonating within her. He nodded in response to her statement, and mentioned he agreed with her. At his question, the Bakedanuki shook her head in uncertainty. “I have a means of returning to Earthland and the guildhall, but to do so, you have to be in a state that’s mentally, emotionally, and physically fit,” she explained. “If you’re sure you are stable, we can go.”

The ayakashi watched in satisfaction as he secured the leaf of her contract, better known as the Obake no Chikai in the eastern language, in a pocket underneath his cloak. The Bakedanuki’s ears twitched at his sudden gratitude. She saw no reason for her to be thanked, really, yet would accept the gratitude regardless. “Of course.”

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:53 am