Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Chaotic Legacy
    Position : None
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Izayuki
    Experience : 32,850

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fictitous Actuality
    Second Skill: W.I.P.
    Third Skill:

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos Empty The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Post by Oras Auro 27th May 2018, 10:15 pm

Oras had been scouting the guild hall for quite some time, and was doing a re scanning of everything in the guild.  He didn't keep in touch with many of the members save for the guild master Izayuki.  However he preferred to keep all of his information on the place, items and people up to date.  Therefore he, unknown to the other guild members, would do routine scouting missions through the place.  He kept in touch with Izayuki because he needed someone who would act as his informant.  He told her that he would be her eyes and ears, or investigator, but that he needed information to do so.  And rather soon he would be coming to her with questions about the guild itself.  There were a few things that didn't make sense to him the more he explored the guild hall.  There were some things and places that seemed out of place to him.  Whatever was going on, he would discover their secret soon.  If Izayuki didn't suspect his investigating the guild by now then she wasn't a proper guild master.  Then again, as he did suspect she knew.  He wondered why she wasn't doing anything about it.

It had taken some effort but he had, after several weeks of thinking, taken off his mask while in the guild hall.  She was right in that this soul of his was unique and quite easy to discover.  He hoped he could find a way to dampen it enough to at least keep people from pinpointing which Oras (he and his illusions) was the real one during combat.  Which shouldn't be too hard seeing as how they would be busy fending off all his attacks.  Still, it felt uncomfortable.  He had to learn how to keep his face as neutral as possible.  When people walked past him he would be stone faced.  What he could not stop however was his analytical eyes.  Wherever he went they would dart back and forth, observing everyone and everything.  Down to the last detail.  That's what he hated.  That's one of the reasons he wore the mask.  The eyes can't lie.  His face was emotionless.  His eyes?  Well most of the time they were focused.  The others hadn't seen what else they showed...  But it was only a matter of time.

At any rate, his scouting adventures had led him to a room in the guild hall where there was very clearly something different:  There was a sword placed in the room and it seemed protected.  When he stood in front of it long enough, the massive owl creature flew over and asked how he could help.  Oras began asking questions, looking into the details of this blade.  Upon hearing it's story, and it's lore, the sword (apparently named Weapon of War) was rather chaotic in the sense that it sought bloodshed and nothing more.  Thankfully it didn't drive the wielder to crave blood, only activated if someone with those intentions got their hands on it.  The name itself was tasteless, and it's purpose far too narrow.  But then again it belonged to a horseman.  And Oras saw those men as lunatics.  He had been trying to read up on lore he failed to grow up with, and be accustomed to the culture he missed out on.  He found that in the books of this library and by asking the owl.  If the owl hadn't been busy before Oras, he was certainly now.  In fact, Oras would often have many lengthy discussions and philosophical debates with the Owl.  The being was his favorite person in the guild so far.

He was currently wrapping up his discussion about the weapon when he heard someone step in behind, and turned to see Izayuki.

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos TEm5Pci

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos Empty Re: The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Post by Guest 27th May 2018, 10:58 pm

Izayuki Hyoujin ♦ Black Rose ♦ H Rank

The anxiety of the youthful yokai could only grow as her grief only fed that alternative nature inside of her. Generally, her two bloodlines were so smoothly mixed, that she was able to carry on through her daily life with no trouble at all. However, the yokai could not help but feel something gnawing at another part of her-- and it was from no external source, such as from her madness based magic or anything outside wanting in. The hunger was only from within, and with nothing else to feed on, it devoured her grief and her doubts ever so slowly.

There was a problem with such a slow science, however. The beast was eating at the emotions that were natural and human, leaving only a bare emptiness in its place, and a desire for something that was not there. Izayuki could not so easily sense this, and found moving about in her daily life much harder, with no explanation other than the recent traumatic events.

The Bakedanuki strolled through the library, hoping she could find the quiet environment to be calming and peaceful. Instead, it left her to her own dangerous mind and thoughts. Nothing seemed to be bringing her peace. Only one place seemed to bring her a bit of blissful solitude, but how wise was it to continuously sneak off to that one place while she left her guild unattended?

Voices broke the ayakashi’s train of thought. The voices were familiar, and Izayuki tracked them down easily in a specific room-- where the guild kept the Blade of War. The guildmaster did not mind Oras’ snooping and investigating within the Black Rose library, inn, and territories. All the material she had was open to the members of her guild. Information she did not want to be read simply did not exist on hard records. In truth, she had noticed Oras’ soul once more long before she had heard his voice in conversation with Sova, the avian caretaker of the library. How interesting that his soul never could decide on what it was at any given moment.

The Bakedanuki entered the room like a ghost, catching the tail end of the conversation before Oras turned to see her standing there. “Nice sword, is it not?” she asked, hands relaxed on her hips and a subtle smile on her face. “As Sova mentioned, there’s a reason we keep it sealed up here. But, I’m sure you know everything there is to know about it now. How are you, Oras? Are you enjoying our Library?” Izayuki continued in her usual perky manner, with an edge of pride. Their underground library was vast and easy to get lost in-- how could one not take pride in such a place?

[458]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos Empty Re: The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos

Post by Oras Auro 27th May 2018, 11:13 pm

Oras heard her statement but, quite frankly he thought the exact opposite.  "Crude, with a narrow mindset."  he said.  Ironically he had been discussing this with the owl not too long ago.  He wondered if he'd have to get into the discussion all over again.  He wouldn't mind, however he felt it would take more time to convince Izayuki than it would be to convince the librarian.  Despite her wanting him to be more relaxed and welcome in the guild, he was always mentally and emotionally on guard.  His eyes didn't show much enjoyment or amusement because of this, but it was burned into his system.  He couldn't just open up and turn into a happy person to spend time with.  You wanted a serious discussion or a philosophical debate?  He'd be interested.  You wanted to talk about anything else or to play games?  He would pass without saying a word.  Izayuki he couldn't figure out just yet of course.  She was serious yet at the same time she was completely care free.  She was cunning yet she also seemed capable of kindness.  She was a complicated being indeed.  He wished to investigate her more, but he had made such investigations slow due to the fact that if he was quick about it, it would certainly arouse suspicion.  

When she continued to speak she mentioned how there was a reason it was sealed up and he nodded when she asked him if he did in fact know.  Even without his mask he was protective, more so than usual.  He rarely if ever took the mask off, and he hated not wearing it around strangers.  That much would be clear to Izayuki.  She would have at least heard rumors about him, if they were talking behind his back.  He never really cared much for gossip but he should probably keep an ear out for rumors in case they began seeing him in a negative light.  When she asked how he was and if he was enjoying the library he nodded and said,
    "Fine.  Resources I need reside here and thus I'm here.  Sova seems to be the only one I have any interest in conversing with in this guild other than you.  Then again everyone typically avoids me, which suits me fine really."  He lived in isolation.  Now and forever, he had come to accept that really.  He learned how to live in solitude without being truly lonely.  It helped that Aura was with him for a time, but she had been spending much time training by herself and Oras wondered if she would plan to train without him at some point.  She didn't know his face of course, so that wasn't much of a concern.

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"You think you know what is truth?  A world of facts? Right and wrong?  Universal Laws?  Soon I will show you.  Soon you will see.  You couldn't be more wrong, Guest."

Post by Guest 28th May 2018, 12:05 am

Izayuki chuckled at the red-haired man’s response to her question regarding the sword. It was a crude one indeed, and was not meant for many purposes other than to shed blood, kill, and destroy. She had noticed the removal of his mask, which made her content. If one was to hide behind a disguise of any sort, they needed a better reason other than just fear and what the tanuki perceived to be social anxiety.

And that was how it worked-- the resources he wanted were there, so he was there to find them and research. “Well, it’s good to see you with your mask off for a change, and I hope you’re finding our broad selection of resources to your liking,” she responded with a smile, taking a few steps towards him. “And I’m glad to hear that you and Sova are getting along well, but you do realize the others would not avoid you if you’d make more of an effort to engage them.”

Of course, such a thing was easier said than done for at least a few members. Black Rose was a small band of misfits-- everyone had some quirk or another, and though they were all relatively friendly, some were just flat out odd or merely quiet individuals. Not everyone was human, as there was a pleasant mix of dolls and puppets, yokai and gods, with a couple of humans mixed in. Nevertheless, there were enough members that would enjoy some company and fellowship.

But where did Oras fit in? He had no category he could so easily fix himself into, after all. His personality was secluded, his demeanor was often cold, and his soul could give no reading onto what he truly was. How curious. “Say, have you found any answers to the question of that shifty soul of yours?” the Bakedanuki asked with her never-ceasing grin, her silver-furred tail flicking eagerly.

[776]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 28th May 2018, 7:27 am

Despite not having a mask on he still had his hood up.  It was easier to focus when he knew people couldn't and weren't staring at his face.  The hood at least brought some comfort which he used as a compromise for Izayuki's particular rule for him.  Whether she agreed to it or not he was unsure of.  He had taken off his mask and he believed that to be enough.  When Izayuki mentioned how she was pleased to see he wasn't wearing his mask, it didn't really comfort him all too much.  He picked up a book and walked over to where it was on the shelf originally.  When she mentioned hoping he enjoyed her broad collection he, well.  Didn't really reply to that either.  It was a library.  A tool used to learn more about anything you needed to.  Oras didn't become attached to things, let alone a library.  There were people who became obsessed with books and libraries, but Oras believed that meant they were either running from real life, or didn't deem it as important as fiction.  At any rate, they didn't use the library as it was meant to.  Learning whatever it is you need to learn.  They did it for personal enjoyment and/or addiction.  The Owl was here every day because it was his job to protect this library, it's information, and to help people find information.

Speaking of the Owl, Izayuki mentioned how she appreciated that the two of them got along, but that she wanted him to engage others and thus break the barrier which caused people to avoid him.  Upon hearing this he turned to look at her in the eyes.
     "And do you honestly think if they knew me.  That they would enjoy spending time with me?  The only thing I enjoy discussing is philosophical discussions, and most of the time I win.  My main goal is to become strong enough so that I can survive this world and it's chaos.  Name one thing about me that your guild would enjoy hanging out with."  With that he returned to scouting out the original locations of the books he had been reading.  He wasn't being cold.  He wasn't even being rude.  He was just being blunt as usual.  Even as she had spoken to him, Izayuki seemed to have already known how difficult it would be to find someone suitable for him.  Aura seemed to be friendly enough, but she was becoming more distant and drawn into her studies than before.  Sometimes he wondered if she was avoiding him.  If she was, she'd finally be taking his advice when it came to himself.  Regardless of that however, he was secretly hoping she would be a close friend of his.  Or rather, his only friend.

Then the woman asked him about his soul and if he had found any information on it.  He slid a book into the shelf.
     "No.  Not even a mention of a soul like mine.  Even Sova hasn't heard of one."

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 28th May 2018, 2:18 pm

Crimson eyes watched the man return his books to their original shelves. Izayuki half expected an answer, but quickly realized he had little to add and was not going to contribute to that part of conversation, which was fine by her. Her silver-furred ears perked in curiosity as he responded to her comment about engaging with their guildmates. At his words, the Bakedanuki’s grin broadened in amusement.

“Gee, I wouldn’t know,” Izayuki replied with a mildly sarcastic edge to her voice as she met Oras’ eyes. “Seeing as you take such great care to isolate yourself, I would not know much about you to even begin listing what is enjoyable or not. Do you expect me to read your mind?”
    The Bakedanuki’s voice held an aspect of playfulness as she concluded. She began to walk towards him as she continued, the subtle and amused smile on her face never fading. “Who is to say a guildmate might not enjoy philosophy or deep thinking? One thing is for sure though-- I find you quite intriguing~”

Izayuki herself did enjoy philosophical discussions, remembering her younger days quite fondly when she would confront opponents with questions and ideas first and foremost, before taking action. Of course, not all of her enemies would grant her such opportunities. Especially not now. Shrugging at her own words, the Bakedanuki listened to his answer regarding her questioning the status of his research on his soul. “Interesting,” she mused, leaning casually against a bookshelf with her arms crossed as she thought more about it. “Say, I know of a place that might have answers, or perhaps some people who know what’s going on. I can’t promise anything, but it may be worth looking into.”

[1,062]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 28th May 2018, 8:24 pm

Oras heard nothing against his being silent and noted that she understood and said nothing.  He also noted that she didn't seem upset, annoyed or discouraged in any way, which meant he didn't need to worry about her taking anything the wrong way.  Like, every other person he ever talked to did.  This was a good note to have in the sense that he didn't need to hold back when conversing, discussing or debating with the woman.  There were the other guild members, as she had said, though he doubted many of them could stand him.  And those who could stand him, he wasn't sure they would get along well anyhow.  Not only that but, he still didn't trust this guild.  Not fully.  Their resources were impressive, but that begged the question of, how did they gain all these resources?  He had noticed as he walked around, some books that were very rare indeed.  Or seemed to be about topics frowned upon by many.  It was an impressive library but there was much that even public libraries would never see.  Beyond that there were many other artifacts and items that were unorthodox as well, such as the sword of war.  Then there was the guild's information system, which lead Oras to believe there was much to be discovered if he dug deeper.  The flip side of this of course was that he would need to be especially cautious when digging deeper.  He couldn't be reckless nor could he do this quickly.

When she mentioned how it was because he was so great at isolating himself and making a joke about reading his mind he looked at her.
     "With the way you talk and act one would think you could read minds.  As for the isolation bit, growing up in complete isolation does that to you.  It's become the absolute normal for me, and thus isolating myself kind of became a passive.  I don't mean to drive others away, and yet it sort of happens."  In all honesty Oras wasn't exactly sure why he isolated himself.  He understood the part about him being extremely blunt and people disliking and even hating that, but other than that part he wasn't sure what it was he had been doing all this time.  He focused on his survival above all else, and he didn't trust others (for good reason).  They were either snakes in disguise, wanted to use you, or were just plain old too stupid to have hanging around you.  There was of course the rare individuals who were worth creating a relationship with, but the only person he had encountered like that was Aura.  And she seemed to be slipping to wanting to wander the world on her own.  At least he was able to teach her a few things before she leaned toward that life.

When she mentioned having an interest in him he replied, once again rather bluntly:
     "You're intrigued by my unusual soul, that's about it.  I can tell you don't really care much about anything else."  He didn't sound, look, or seem upset or hurt in any way.  To him it was just a fact.  When she mentioned that there was a place that may have answers, or even people in this world, he turned to look at her yet again, stopping his actions.  "Where would this place be.  Who are the people and what are they like.  And what is the place like?"

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 28th May 2018, 9:01 pm

“You flatter me,” she chuckled in regards to his first sentence. Of course, that was not within her direct abilities, but with use of the Onajimi no Seishin, the tiny spirits she could create and use, probing a person’s mind was possible. The familiars could enter the mind of a target, and deliver their memories and thoughts directly to the Bakedanuki. Not only that, but they could feed on memories, rearrange them, or simply control the person. Though useful in rare circumstances, the yokai recognized the issue with them when it came to human perception, and kept knowledge of them to herself. They were a failsafe when it came to people learning secrets she did not want them to know, and little more.

Moving herself from her lean on the bookshelf, Izayuki continued. “I mean, I grew up in isolation too, but a few attempts here and there at making friends never hurt anyone. In fact, it’s a key to really growing stronger,” the Bakedanuki mentioned with a shrug, knowing the fact to be true. Without the help from various people in her life, she would never have been where she was now.

“Oh please, if that’s the only reason you intrigued me, you wouldn’t be here right now,” the ayakashi laughed, her tail twitching in amusement. “Though once isolated, you’re curious, and hunger for information. You strive towards some kind of goal, even though it’s unknown to me. That, and you cannot be classified as ‘normal’, can you? You’re an ‘anomaly’.”

Izayuki paused for a few heartbeats, taking a step towards another bookshelf. No longer looking at him, she fingered through the books on a shelf as she continued. “Basically what I’m saying is, you’re a lot like me~” she chimed simply, pulling out a specific book from the shelf. The title was in a foreign language, likely one he did not know the translation of unless he had ever vigorously studied the eastern earthland cultures. Even then, the writing was uncanny and not completely clear. “The place is another world entirely, and the people are far from human. The land and atmosphere are ever changing, in constant flux-- much like that soul of yours. Yet in this place, there’s a consistency and a beauty about it, that’s hard for the human mind to comprehend.”

[1,448]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 28th May 2018, 9:56 pm

Stating that he flattered her he knew was just something she said.  He never flattered anyone, only dealt in facts.  While the world and it's laws were ever changing, facts were good to have.  Despite changes there were patterns.  Patterns were built on facts.  If you knew more facts, you had a better chance at following those patterns when they shifted, which in turn lets you understand the rules when they change.  However in order to follow the patterns you had to understand that nothing remained the same, and would always change.  Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.  Sometimes instantaneous and some times you couldn't tell the difference.  They both knew that Oras would never flatter anyone.  He really didn't care much.  Why compliment someone's clothing or appearance when in reality it gained them nothing.  At least, nothing where it counted.  People always looked for acceptance.  For gratitude, love and gratefulness.  For something to fill in that void in their hearts because they crave more.  In the end, that was what consumed over at least ninety percent of the population.  If you seek acceptance from others, you will never learn to accept yourself.  Oras worked in reverse from what many others chose.  He accepted himself for who he was.  Soon enough he would learn what he was, and would come to terms with that as well.  He could accept others for who they were, but he could not accept them into his life.  Not unless he was certain, beyond any doubt, that he could trust them.  Hopefully he could dampen the intensity of this soul of his, and he could hide once more.  If not, he'd find a new way to survive.  Perhaps this guild would be of some use other than keeping him informed...

Izayuki spoke up, once again about reaching out to others.  Why did she keep prodding that subject?  It was like kicking a dead horse at this point.  True, numbers make a stronger force.  However if Oras ever did become part of a group he would rather it be a small one rather than a large organization.  Even furthermore, he would rather it be a group of individuals whom he could trust, fight beside without doubting their intentions or skills.  Why would he reach out to complete strangers for assistance who could backstab or fail on him at any given moment?  Whether or not she understood this but kept pushing for him to do so anyways, or if it was that she didn't realize this truth and how important it was for him to remain isolated until they had gained his trust, it wouldn't change who he was nor what he did.  Or how he would be acting.

When she heard his words about why she was intrigued by him she made it seem as if there was more to it than that.  She talked about how it wans't just that he was an anomaly, but that he was striving for information, for a goal that she, nor anyone else could make out yet.  Oras believed it was very clear but it seemed many others weren't able to determine it.  She stated at last that he was a lot like her.
    "Time will tell."  He said simply.  In all honesty, after what she had said it was only one additional reason she was intrigued by him.  Him being an anomaly was directly connected to his soul, or at least it would seem to be the case.  And then there was her being intrigued with his lack of apparent goals.  She began to describe the world and the people in it.  And interesting enough, this world matched his philosophy rather closely.  Gaining his interest.  He slid the final book into the shelf and spoke up.  "Interesting, as this world sounds rather close to one of my main philosophies:  The world and it's inhabitants, whether physical, spiritual, magical or whether it be man or nature's laws, are always changing.  Nothing remains the same.  It may take time for change to be noticeable, or it may be quick and seemingly instantaneous.  However everything is in constant flux, regardless of how hard you try to keep things the same."

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 29th May 2018, 8:38 pm

One never could find ones they trusted without first throwing themselves out there to meet people. It was unwise to trust someone right off the bat, but surely it never caused any harm to become acquainted with individuals, and build relationships from there. It seemed that this was something Oras perhaps did not understand, judging by his words and lack of comment on her statement.

She did not understand why Oras did continue to strive for his goals like he did. She did not know his goals, but why would he be pushing for information and getting stronger if he did not have one? Izayuki was very much the same-- dedicated towards a guild of old in her younger days, and one that few knew about. However, she had long since abandoned that goal, finding it useless and unfruitful, and focused her attention towards other things.

That, and she herself was in between two worlds. She was born a mononoke, yet was not completely one. She had human blood in her lineage, yet her soul was of neither heritage. Replaced by a god and claimed by a Daemon, Izayuki had yet to come to complete terms with who she was. Though, that was not important right now.

The Bakedanuki continued to finger through the book she had pulled from the shelf. The pages were written in the same strange language, with some illustrations. However, the picture were abstract and impressionist at best, difficult to completely understand upon viewing. “You’re right,” Izayuki said softly as she continued looking at the pages of the book. “But at least the change here is fairly consistent, and mankind can adapt easily to change to move on. That’s different in this world. It’s not a world meant for humans, and though man can ‘adapt’, doing so here would possibly be destructive.”

Gazing back up from the book at Oras, the ayakashi grinned once more. “Or perhaps I should clarify-- their humanity would be destroyed, and they’d become something else entirely,” she stated, turning another page in the book. “I could take you there, but there’s a great risk involved. The world is dangerous not only because of what lurks in that realm, but the atmosphere itself is not meant for the minds and bodies and souls of man. However, your soul just might fit in perfectly, and slow the process of anything too unfortunate happening to you. That is, if you even wish to venture there~”

[1,859]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 30th May 2018, 5:38 am

The guild master pulled out a book from the shelf, one that he couldn't understand...  Yet.  When something was in an ancient language it held ancient knowledge lost and forgotten.  Or perhaps it was a language that was designed for code.  If it was another countery's language it was still valuable to attain that sort of knowledge.  To be able to decipher any language would prove to be incredibly valuable at any given moment.  It would be better still if he could speak the languages, but his mind would not be able to comprehend too much...  Unless this matter with his soul could have some influence over his mind after all.  However he did not know this, and doubted if he ever would.  Despite Izayuki's offer.  The guild master seemed to be reaching out to him, but he wasn't sure how he felt about that.  Was she simply earning his trust so she could use him later?  Was she only getting close to him so she could learn the truth about his soul and nothing more?  Did she even care about him as an individual in the first place?  These questions would need to be answered but he doubted he'd get them anytime soon.  At any rate one thing was certain:  He needed to remain cautious during the entire time he was with this guild.  Under no circumstances should he drop his guard.  Whether it be with the guild master Izayuki, one of the lower members, or even people joining the guild.

She replied by confirming what he had said.  And then of course adding her own bit afterwards.  She stated that this world had at least some rate of consistency, while this other one had none.  She explained how it could prove deadly to humans, but since he wasn't truly human it may not affect him as much.  He wasn't really concerned about his mind, as he was prepared for what she had described for a very long time.  In fact, this world could very easily give him ideas on how to improve his magic, or his approach to shattering the world his opponents held so dear.  He simply turned to look her in the eye before he made his official reply.
     "I'll go.  Mentally I'm prepared as I shall ever be." He didn't need to talk about his physical condition as that was a mystery to the both of them.  At any rate, the die was being cast.  Most people believed in luck.  Oras didn't believe in luck.  He believed that what people perceive as luck was the effects of nature's fickle mindset, and nothing more.  Ever changing, ever shifting.  Never deciding officially on one or the other.  "Now then.  You lead the way, Izayuki."

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 31st May 2018, 2:01 pm

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos JpkbACL

“I see,” was all Izayuki said as Oras said he was ready, and told her to lead the way. With the book still in her hands, the Bakedanuki flipped to the pages in the middle while she moved closer to Oras. There was nothing written on those pages, only blank paper-- or so it would seem to human eyes. The book was not any usual book, after all, with strange writings and illustrations carefully inscribed on its pages.

The book was none other than a Tsukumogami-- a yokai object. Average and obscure items that lived long enough could sometimes become self aware, and then begin to gain power. Essentially, they had acquired a spirit of their own. The book she held was ancient, and very aware of itself and its surroundings. There was a cost for the book to use its power, however, despite the contract of protection Izayuki had already forged with the Tsukumogami-hon. The Bakedanuki held a claw over the surface of the page, allowing a drop of liquid to drip onto the page. The liquid appeared to be akin to ink, and upon hitting the page, was briskly and smoothly absorbed, as if nothing had ever touched it.

The instant she had fed the book, the ayakashi would attempt to firmly grip Oras’ hand. Upon doing so, she would close the book with one hand while still holding onto Oras with her other. With the soft sound of the book’s closure, the atmosphere around them would quickly begin to shift. The first thing noticeable was that it no longer smelled or felt like the library-- the feelable presence of the bookshelves and the room no longer existed. Perhaps few would notice this, but one keen of mind and senses would notice a different feeling. Second, the book she had just closed vanished from her hands, and a rush of wind would begin from where the object had been, and blow a huge gale to all corners of the room.

Only, there were no more corners. The ‘wind’ was beginning to blow the visible library away. It would slowly start to fade, as if the world itself were literally being ‘torn’ apart. As the library faded, the duo would no longer be standing on a soft carpeted library floor, but in a expansive field of crimson spider lilies. The night sky stretched above them, with ominous clouds overhead. The moon was full, and its light penetrated through the thick blankets of dark clouds.

The wind soon came to a halt, and was replaced by a gentle breeze blowing in from the east. Izayuki let go of Oras’ hand and turned to scan the field of flowers, visibly pleased. The new atmosphere of the world felt nothing like the world of Earthland, and to a human body, it would be harder to breathe, with oxygen not being an important thing for the ones who lived there to breathe. The clouds overhead were slowly moving towards the west, but never once covered the bright moon above. “Welcome to the world of Nazo,” Izayuki said in a chipper voice, turning back around to face Oras.

[2,383]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 31st May 2018, 8:37 pm

Oras appreciated her words, quick to the point and not delaying this any longer.  She didn't put the book back, and instead opened the book up.  Oras was confused as to why she would do this, and why the book appeared to be blank.  However he said nor asked nothing, as he doubted the guild master would have this book for no reason at all.  Especially if she was opening the book.  Oras stood there patiently as she interacted with it, hovering her hand over the open pages and dropping what looked like a drop of ink onto it's pages.  That was when he knew for certain that it was magic, and quite possibly a hidden gateway into the world she was talking about.  After all, ink didn't usually get absorbed into parchment, let alone that swift nor easily.  The ink had vanished.  No words, no symbols, and no forms of art anywhere on it.  Not even a trace was left that ink had existed.  Before he could try deciphering how the book functioned, the guild master promptly seized his hand.  He had learned to expect these things from the woman over time, and had adjusted to it.  And to the fact that she didn't mean any harm when she did this....  Yet anyways.  And clearly this book was indeed a method to reach the world they were intending to head to.  In which case it was evident that taking Oras' hand would allow him to travel with her.

That was when Oras saw what he had been readying his mind for all this time.  He noticed his senses of the room change suddenly and he knew that he wasn't entirely in the room anymore.  He had guessed it, but it was now confirmed that they were heading to another world, dimension perhaps.  After that the book seemed to vanish faster than he could perceive and his senses screamed to him that there was a wind erupting from where it was.  However Oras knew it wasn't wind but something unknown to him entirely.  It seemed to push the world around him out, stretching it until it faded to the point where fabric of space seemed to tear and shred.  Then suddenly, everything reformed and the world was once again seemingly stable, though far more different than where they were before.  They were standing in a sea of red spider lilies with dark clouds and a moon hovering above and over them.  Oras noticed the lack of oxygen immediately and swiftly used his ability of telekinesis to shift the molecules in the air to create a steady supply for him to breath easy.  He noted the clouds and how they avoided covering up the moonlight.  Then Izayuki put a name to the place.

"I'm assuming the book is a sort of portal, and what you used on it was the key or sacrifice to open it.  The trip here and the world itself was interesting though I expected something more unorthodox from the way you had described it.  The way you introduced this place also leads me to believe there is a good chance you were from here, or at least came to feel at home here.  Where do we head next?"

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 31st May 2018, 9:07 pm

“Not quite,” Izayuki began to explain, folding her hands behind her back. “The book is a yokai, like me. A sentient being. It has the ability to push us into this world, but the price was blood.”

Gazing up at the bright moon, the Bakedanuki continued. “You could call the book a ‘Tsukumogami’-- an object that has become self aware after having lived so long. You’ll find that many yokai require favors or things in return for their help. It’s a fairly balanced system, but also something to be wary of while you’re here. However, it works the other way around as well. If you offer a yokai your assistance, you have the right to ask for something in return.”

The ayakashi grinned in amusement at the observation of her using an unorthodox method. If feeding a fellow yokai her blood for passage was not unorthodox, she would have to contemplate what really was, apart from the obvious. “I’m not from this world. My parents possibly were. And I can’t say I really feel too at home here either. Black Rose is my home,” she explained with a casual shrug. “However, this place shares my nature, and I can’t argue with that.”

Clasping her hands together in front of her, the Bakedanuki began to concentrate mononoke magic between her palms. There was a pale green light which peeked through any cracks, which stopped after a couple heartbeats. Reopening her grasp, what was held in her right hand was none other than a medium sized leaf. The leaf reflected the moonlight, and appeared to be perfect. In a way, it was, as it would never break or tear no matter how hard one should try to destroy it. Taking a few footsteps towards Oras, the ayakashi handed him the mononoke-leaf. “This leaf is a symbol of a contract. If the world separates us, you can use this to call me back to you,” Izayuki explained, knowing the leaf was a bit more important and special than she was making it out to be. A gentle contract as such was generally a sign of trust and loyalty. In this case, it was created out of responsibility. She had brought him here, so she would take it upon herself to protect him.

“We should head east. The sun will rise very shortly, and the others will try to hide in the dark here. The light will at least make them seen,” she answered, beginning to walk in the direction from where the clouds originated.

[2,804]

Last edited by Izayuki on 1st June 2018, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 1st June 2018, 9:17 am

Listening to the details on what the book actually was had certainly caught his interest.  He had thought a Yokai was a halfbreed, though it was also possible they could transfer their souls into objects and the like.  Or perhaps it was give life and became sentient over time.  According to Izayuki, it was willing to 'push' them into this world but only at the price of blood.  Why it desired blood was beyond Oras, unless blood had a power that he was not actually aware of.  She then gave him additional advice when it came to Yokai in general.  How they do not do anything without a price in return.  This was very important for him to know, and if any Yokai tried to corner him by have him promise them a 'favor' instead of explaining in detail what it is they wanted, he wouldn't accept.  In addition, he wouldn't be concerned about taking advantage of their offers as they expected it.  Most of what he'd ask in return would be knowledge of course, as unless they had currency he could use for spells there was little he actually needed.  This knowledge of her race was indeed important, especially in this world he assumed.  While most would wonder why she'd share all this, he suspected she was simply trying to keep a member of her guild alive.

"Was the price of blood something the individual desired rather than the race then?  And regardless of whether it was or not, what is to be gained from blood?"
     Knowledge was power, and he had the feeling that Izayuki would share this knowledge with him if she knew it.  When she mentioned how she wasn't sure if her parents were from here, and how she herself did not originate here.  As well as how her guild was her home not this world, yet it did match her nature he nodded.  Knowing full well what she meant.  Oras himself however, had no home.  Try as he might he had not been able to settle into the guild like others had.  His instincts consistently screamed at him to keep his guard up and investigate.  Outside the guild nothing was home.  He was a nomad.  At least with this guild he could be stationed for a while and use their library for information.  If the guild had no use to him, he would probably investigate then leave, so long as innocents were never in harms way.  

When she gave him the leaf and told him that he could summon her with it he looked up at her.
     "You can be summoned??  If so why give this out so freely?  Surely this isn't something you can take lightly."  When she spoke about heading east and how the light would reveal the Yokai he nodded and left out the part about how he could easily conjure light anywhere in this world he desired to.

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 1st June 2018, 11:31 am

“It was a price the individual set, but you will find that many yokai enjoy the taste of blood, or any form of life force, really,” Izayuki answered. She herself was one such yokai like the book, but it was a nature she generally tried to hide when possible, especially while she lived among humans in their world. “Some desires knowledge, some magic, and some favors. The best thing to do is to hold a yokai to a debt. If they owe you, don’t ask for anything until the moment is right.”

Was that not something her own family did? The Riyoshi family, or later, Riyasu, would get other ayakashi indebted to them. They would not call on the debts right away, but instead would wait until the favors could be used as a trump card, or to simply be used as a leash of control over other individuals. After all, one could not kill someone they were indebted to, so it was a good means of gaining protection. The art of using those leverages was something a yokai would come to master over time, and using the debts skillfully and wisely would ensure a safe and good life in their world.

“It isn’t something I take lightly,” Izayuki responded simply, in regards to the leaf she had given him. She decided against going into too many details with Oras, due to it not changing anything or being too fruitful. She had no reason to reveal too much about herself, or to clarify all the terms and conditions of her contracts. However, at the very least, she would have a chance to protect him if she could, and that was what she wanted.

As she moved eastward, the sun would begin to rise in what felt like minutes. It naturally was longer, but time fluctuated in this world. The shadows of ‘night’ would begin to melt away, but that did not make the shadow over the land disappear. The dawn was red overhead with yellow in the horizon, but shadows still lurked on the ground itself, as if there were no light being cast on the landscape. Further on in the distance were silhouettes and figures that were unable to be completely made out. Most moved in a line, venturing north, but the closer the duo would get, the farther away the figures would seem.

[3,199]
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 1st June 2018, 12:08 pm

As the pink haired Yokai explained to him the details in the book's price, he acknowledged that he was both right and wrong when it came to his educated guess.  The Yokai that had taken the form of a book had made an independent choice and cost, not linking to any group or tradition when naming it's price.  However at the same time, it would seem that blood was many Yokai's default price as they enjoyed the taste of it.  For all he knew, blood could be sweet to Yokai just as Honey was to humans.  It was an interesting taste, but again so long as people didn't die for that taste he could care less.  Regardless of that he should be cautious around any Yokai.  He was already cautious around Izayuki and, while he doubted this taste for blood was something he should worry about from her, it was good to note that fact all the same.  She continued, stating that Yokai were also known to want knowledge and information, magic perhaps in aid or as spells, written or lacrima, and then there were favors.  It was favors Oras was most wary of, and Izayuki then suggested to hold a favor or debt until the time was perfect.  Which of course was why Oras preferred to prevent anyone from getting a favor from him.  Not only that but he was wary that they may want him to do something he would not allow.  Debt or favor it didn't matter, he would not torture or kill for others.  Directly or indirectly didn't matter.

When they began walking Oras slipped his mask under his hood to keep his eyes and emotion from being observed.  When she stated that the leaf was not something she took lightly he nodded, respecting her desire to keep her life private.  As they continued to walk he observed the sudden change in time, but he really wasn't surprised.  He did however observe beyond the interesting fact that the land appeared to be night, yet he could see, and the sky appeared to be dawn.  There were Yokai whom he almost missed as he scanned the flower trees with the newfound light.  They were being watched the entire time.  He wondered if these were scouts, or spies.  If they would go and report to someone about Izayuki and her human friend.  He rested his hand on one of his daggers, preferring to be ready at all times.  Oras stayed with Iza the entire time and focused on where they were heading.
     "Where do you stand in terms of relationship with these Yokai.  And is there someone or something we are looking for exactly?"

Last edited by Oras Auro on 2nd June 2018, 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 1st June 2018, 2:35 pm

As Oras slipped his mask back on, Izayuki glanced over her shoulder at her guildmate. “That ordinary mask won’t really help you here. There’s no point in wearing it,” she stated evenly. Many yokai could feel or smell emotions, and anyone could see that Oras was a human, mask or not, due to the mask being crafted by humans, and not created by ayakashi.

“This is a world of ayakashi, much like Earthland is a world of magical humans. To say specifically where I stand in relation to everyone here would be like me explaining my relationship to everyone in Earthland,” Izayuki responded to his question, her crimson eyes still focused on the horizon as she spoke.

With the silhouettes finally no longer shrinking away as the duo moved closer, Izayuki began to make out just what they were. “Hyakki yagyou,” she murmured under her breath as they drew near, and the shapes began to take a more solid form. On the horizon were monsters of every kind unimaginable. The parade lacked the common mythological creatures, such as dragons and unicorns, but held many other kinds of beings. Some appeared to be human, while others appeared to be various animals, monsters, objects, or obscure mixes from all categories.

Her words roughly translated to the words ‘night parade of one hundred phenomena’ should one know enough of the eastern tongue. Izayuki knew from experience that there were many night parades. Some were led by strong and powerful leaders, who often governed one domain or another in the world of Nazo. Others were meager caravans or celebrations- a pack of ayakashi moving from one place to another. This one for certain seemed to be on the march, and their line melted into the horizon, as if the parade had no beginning and no ending. Izayuki came to a halt on the hill of spider lilies, and gazed down at the path on which this parade tread.

[3,524]
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 2nd June 2018, 5:29 am

Izayuki pointed out that his ordinary mask would never work in this world and that there wasn't any point in wearing it.  And yet there wasn't any reason not to wear it either.  It would be impossible for the Yokai to not know he was a human.  In his opinion at least.  From what the guild master had told him they were masters of illusion.  There wasn't anything he nor she could do that wouldn't be found out.  And in any rate, she didn't tell him why the mask was useless.  The mask had many reasons for existing and use.  Hiding his emotions, keeping his eyes concealed, keeping his face hidden.  Wearing a mask had a certain effect on other individuals.  Added a shroud of mystery, intimidation at times.  It was little things that the mask could alter, but it was the smaller details that were vital.  He wouldn't take his mask of yet, unless Izayuki answered this question of his.  "Would the Yokai trust me more if I didn't wear the mask than if I did?  And what type of masks to the Yokai typically have, if they have any masks at all?"  He asked the first to determine in a general aspect how the Yokai would react to him wearing a mask verses if he wasn't.  The second question was to determine what sort of mask he would need to make his appear as, in order to blend in with them more.  He had a feeling Izayuki wanted to keep his being human a secret as long as possible.  Which told him that either they disliked humans, or enjoyed the taste of them.

Hearing her description of the Yokai in this realm and her relationship with them pulled a simple nod from Oras.  He understood what she was communicating perfectly, it made sense.  He was unsure if the Yokai were a tightly knit group, or had clans that all considered themselves a massive family that they each guarded and protected.  From what Izayuki explained, they were not that well organized or traditional in that sense.  He believed that he would learn more about Izayuki by observing how she interacted with them, spoke with them and the like, rather than learning more about her kind in general.  As they walked the shadows in the distance seemed to finally stop moving and the shorter the distance was between them, the larger the shadow appeared.  It seemed to be a large group of Yokai, to which Oras looked at Izayuki.
     "How dangerous would it be for me to be surrounded by that many Yokai?"

Post by Guest 2nd June 2018, 4:19 pm

“Like on Earthland, some people don’t mind masks, while some do. It depends on where you go. Most yokai wear masks that they create from their own ayakashi magic, that sometimes reflects what they are," Izayuki explained. “Of course, a few yokai enjoy masks just for the heck of wearing masks, or when getting ready to engage in something shifty or unorthodox.”

Not all mononoke were at peace with one another, Izayuki quietly reminded herself. Many clans, families, tribes, and nations would war against one another, each holding various ideals of their own. Izayuki was vaguely aware that her grandmother’s clan, the Riyoshi, were once, and possibly still were, a force to be reckoned with. Other clans bothered them at their own risk, and usually were quickly thwarted. With the Riyoshi being so influential, their leader was simply well known as one of the top ayakashi in their world, with many other clans and powerful yokai in their debt. Of course, that advantage was slowly balancing itself out as rebel family members began to collect and cancel debts as they saw fit, bringing the power the Riyoshi had over everyone down greatly.

Fortunately, the guild master was involved in none of that, sticking more to the world of humans than of ayakashi. As she eyed the night parade, Oras asked another question, which would receive a sideways glance and slight smirk from the Bakedanuki. “Not much more dangerous than it is now, seeing as you’re already surrounded by about that many yokai,” Izayuki explained. Unseen to their naked eyes, there were ayakashi all around-- some in the sky, some in the grass and flowers, some walking just as they were. Not all of them wished to be seen, however, and their presence could scarcely be felt, while others hid in plain sight, such as various mononoke flowers or mushi, insects.

Extending a hand in front of her, as if she were to receive something, Izayuki began to concentrate her magic once again. This time, however, a faint, misty, rune-like, animalian spirit would manifest itself above her palm. The little ghostlike creature appeared to be a small two-tailed cat glowing with a ghostly light, yet its features were undefined, and faded in and out of visibility. The cat floated over to Oras in a rush, and attempted to settle on his shoulders. It had no weight, and would begin to lessen its visibility more and more as it perched on the human.

“That’s one of my Onajimi no Seishin. It’s a spirit created from my own which should help disguise your presence. As long as it makes contact with you, your body and spirit will seem like that of an Ayakashi. I’ve no real reason to change the presence of your soul too, as it already is in sync with this world,” Izayuki explained, before beginning to take a few steps towards the night parade below, still endlessly marching on their unseen path.

[4,018]
    Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 3rd June 2018, 3:10 pm

Oras listened to what she said about Yokai and when they would usually wear masks, and he nodded. He didn't see any reason as to why he wouldn't wear it then, other than if whoever they were seeing would prove to be suspicious of him. Which he should expect the worst case scenario everywhere he went. Izayuki had said there wasn't any point in wearing his mask here, and while she knew much about this world and it's inhabitants (more so than Oras), the statement itself was entirely neutral. It didn't hint as to whether or not it was a good or bad idea to wear the mask. In fact, it actually seemed like another attempt to get him to keep his mask off longer. And seeing how the worst case scenario was them being attacked, he'd rather not let his opponent's see who he planned to target next. Even more so, while he could always project an image of a mask once battle started, it would force him to split his concentration a bit more to keep said projection up. While he could handle multiple projections and the like, he did have his limits. Of course, unknown to Oras he had far greater limits than most other beings. In some ways he could even surpass god like beings due to the nature of his soul. But that would come to him in time.

Oras nodded when she mentioned how he was already in danger, and said nothing. Despite that, she knew that he was asking in a different manner. Being surrounded by Yokai who were off in the distance watching and waiting was one thing. Striding into a mass horde of Yokai in a crowded group was another thing entirely. Like in the human world, a large mass of individuals could prove deadly if provoked. Hence the word 'mob'. If Oras had known that Yokai lived in this world, he would have pressed for a list of details, information, culture, tactics, and other details on the race. He hated going in blind and he let his curiosity get the better of him. Curiosity of his soul and it's wild, chaotic, alien nature. What was his soul? Was it anything at all or was it artificial? Was there a story behind it or did it just one day exist? Did this have any positive or negative effects, besides him being unable to hide efficiently? Was there a way to dampen this effect to allow him to sneak into, through and out of areas? He wanted these questions answered, and allowed him to forget that he should be prepared no matter where he went. Because of that he was in this situation.

Suddenly Izayuki released a spectral cat that had a curious appearance. It had two tails and the details weren't as clear as the other spectral animal that followed another member of the guild. He wondered if both of them were Yokai, and if this was something common among Yokai. To have spirit animals or something of the sort. The creature moved over to Oras and rested on his shoulders. He heard Izayuki state that it would help him and his soul appear to be Yokai. His body he understood but his soul... If he concentrated hard enough, he could feel the chaotic essence ever shifting, every changing. Refusing to be one of anything for more than a few seconds at a time.

Post by Guest 4th June 2018, 8:53 am

Perhaps a part of it was an attempt at getting him to keep the mask off, but the other part was the fact that some yokai would recognize it as a mask not created by ayakashi. If anything, it would make him stand out, and not blend in, and that could lead to questioning by curious individuals. The yokai around were not necessary distant, either. Izayuki suspected some were closer than they appeared to be, but used skillful evasion of direct detection, or went unseen or unnoticed altogether.

One thing all of the monsters in the night parade had in common was the fact that they held eastern-style lanterns as they marched. As the duo moved towards the neverending line of mononoke, Izayuki scanned the ground before she stepped. Halting suddenly, the Bakedanuki would reach down to pick up two plants that had been torn from their stalks, or simply died somehow. She did not want to risk picking a fresh spider lily, and thus settled on the ones that were already dead in a way. She handed one to Oras, and as she did so, would change the physical perception of it in all aspects. It too, would look like one of the eastern lanterns the yokai of the parade held.

The lanterns likely would identify them as a member of the parade. And subtly and silently, Izayuki would lead to slip quietly into the rows of strolling yokai. There was no number or true rhythm or organization to the marching, but it there was still something mesmerizing about the march. Only upon joining the night parade, would the duo begin to notice that they were actually moving through the ever-changing landscape, and that perhaps the line was not endless.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 4th June 2018, 10:53 am

The two continued to walk closer to the group of Yokai, and as they did so the guildmaster came to a halt. Oras waited patiently as she picked up a flower lily, and handed it to him. As she moved to give it to him, it reshaped into an eastern styled lantern. He took it curiously and looked back up, spotting the lanterns among the Yokai up ahead. So that was it. She was giving him something that would help them blend in then. If that were the case he would do his best to do so. His soul he could not prevent from standing out. Not yet at least. He had better get answers that were worth all of this. He did, after all, have a very bad feeling about all of this.

As they slipped into the crowd of Yokai he could feel a... Sensation. He could actually feel his soul reacting to the Yokai, and the world now. Every time he passed a Yokai it felt like his soul left a strand of itself on them, curling around those around him, moving around. It was still ever changing, ever shifting, but when it flowed between them it seemed to become less chaotic itself, and instead transfer that chaotic feeling over to the surrounding Yokai souls. In addition, the world itself came in contact with his soul and began to do the same. The world shifted more than ever, and began to physically alter in ways that even the Yokai hadn't seen in all their time there. The changes were subtle but noticeable. The most noticeable among them being where there would be small patches across the landscape where the ground itself would lose it's dark appearance, shift colors, or other such effects. Small effects but noticeable.

And Oras could feel the Yokai looking for the source of all this. Some saw the sights pleasant. Some were displeased or annoyed. Some were nervous or troubled. Others felt the reaction from their soul and wanted answers. Regardless of what was going on, Oras' very presence was beginning to stir up chaos in the march. Oras used his magic to remove the mask quickly, hoping no one saw it. He thought it best to be as translucent as possible and just trust Izayuki's illusion magic. He hoped his trust was not misplaced. It may be the last time he trusted anyone.

Post by Guest 6th June 2018, 7:46 pm

The Dangers of Mystery, and the Power of Chaos K2nYM4O

As they ventured into the throngs of ayakashi in the parade, Izayuki began to notice the unmistakable changes not only of the world, but of the soul of Oras. Crimson eyes flickering from yokai to yokai, the Bakedanuki observed what was slowly unfolding. She could see the souls with her madness-based magic, and noticed the strands from Oras being left behind. She did not understand why such a thing was happening, and thus kept her wits about her. There had been high risks before, but now the stakes had been raised as even the yokai began muttering about the odd sensations themselves.

Was this the work of a powerful mononoke in their midst, or perhaps it was the work of their master? Though the soul was akin to their own nature, the effects it had on the world around it was noticeable even by the ayakashi. Her own illusion handiwork concealed Oras’ presence and his soul was not able to be pinpointed by the parade, but the effects were meddling with the rhythm of the night parade, which was daring and dangerous.

The ghostly cat on Oras’ shoulders would grow a nervous expression, its ears drawn back in discomfort, with its tail lashing to and fro. It stayed put on the shoulders of the red-haired man, but gazed around nervously at the nearby yokai. It was unseen by them, but should it get dislodged, Oras would be revealed as a mysterious soul in a human’s body. As they would move along with the increasingly suspicious parade, a solid place in the world came into view.

The trees were dark, and it appeared to be dusk on the verge of twilight. There were many styles of lanterns growing from trees as if they were fruit, which was the main source of light in this new woods the parade had wandered into. Various smaller yokai would peek out from the branches of trees and the brush of the forest to watch the night parade on the forest path. As they continued on, the parade would soon reach a destination-- an enormous clearing in the forest. The meadow was large enough to hold thousands-- and that it did. In the middle of the clearing was a great tree, also gargantuan in size. From its branches grew the lanterns like the ones the parade members were all holding.

The instant the duo entered the clearing, they would find themselves standing in the front of the large gathering around the tree, as if placed there by magic. On one low hanging branch of the tree sat a lone figure, wearing a white fox max with intricate red designs off to the size of his face. He seemed to be scanning the individuals in the clearing, his gaze only stopping to rest on Izayuki and Oras for a few seconds, before he finally spoke. “Those aren’t my lanterns.”

As soon as the Bakedanuki made eye contact with the yokai on the branch and heard his soft voice, she realized her mistake-- this was no average caravan of yokai. This was the direct parade that had sworn undying loyalty to a powerful individual.

“We should leave, the ghost-cat would whisper in Oras’ ear, projecting Izayuki’s voice to her guildmate. The Bakedanuki would turn around to begin walking away, only for the ayakashi’s words to stop her in her tracks.

“Why are you leaving so soon? You just got here,” he would ask, one yellow eye focused on the Bakedanuki and the strange-souled one. With his attention on them, the entire parade had turned to see the two, grunting and murmuring among themselves as their leader would address the strangers.

Oras Auro
    Oras Auro

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Oras Auro 6th June 2018, 8:22 pm

Oras could practically sense Izayuki's growing concern, as well as her confusion which seemed to match the other Yokai. Whether this was because her spirit animal was on his shoulders, or if it was because her emotions were just that heightened from what was going on. He would prefer neither of those options and that it was his imagination that she was concerned. Nevertheless, the fact remained that caution was a great ally when it came to surviving. Being concerned helped focus the mind if you could control your feelings right. Help keep your mind from being distracted by games, fashion, gossip, etc. Helped to focus on important details, postures, where people were looking, where they were going. Patterns, weaknesses, strengths, tactics and strategies. Analyzing where you were, where the exits were, any strong or weakened supports. The list went on. If one could channel and control their own fear, they would find it very hard indeed to die. Oras had been practicing this for a very long time. Even now he analyzed the Yokai around him as they walked through the crowds. And to his concern most of them appeared ready to fight. Skilled in either martial arts or magic judging by the way they walked, analyzed, etc. Which meant if they had to force their way out it would be extremely difficult. Persuasion would be their best bet in his mind.

Oras couldn't detect it, but the more his soul interacted with the Yokai around him, the stronger it became. It didn't appear to be draining anything from them, nor did it seem to be giving them fatigue of any sort. It was something that couldn't be explained. What could be noticed beyond the obvious interactions with others however, was that no matter how much of itself was left behind, it appeared to have not become any smaller in size. The more 'stronger' his soul seemed to become, the more changes occurred in the physical realm as well, albeit all of them still minor and temporary changes. Yet the 'temporary' bit itself was undetermined. Sometimes it was less than a second long. Sometimes it stretched on for a while. Sometimes it seemed to flicker repeatedly before ending entirely. Oras was not as aware of these changes as the rest of the Yokai but he was aware of them. He knew his soul was doing something since these Yokai had clearly never seen something like this before, but he didn't know how much it was effecting, nor how it was at all.

Soon enough they reached somewhere that seemed rather stable. Somewhere the world didn't actually alter or change... Until he entered the area. His soul once again started affecting the world around them. It was a far more minor change than outside, but it was still altered as he walked through the place. Oras was beginning to believe this was a bad idea right from the start. When the guild master stopped suddenly he knew they were in deep trouble. When she suggested leaving he wouldn't budge. He was already noticed. He could see who she had seen now. The two of them had locked eyes. The man had yellow eyes, and Oras could see no emotions behind them. He either had similar training or learned how to withdraw his emotions with years of experience. Either that or he no longer had any emotions to speak of. The man addressed him and Izayuki, who had turned to leave as quickly as she could. Oras didn't turn to her but he did say softly for her to hear:
    "If we survive, we're having a long chat."

Oras made his way through the crowd who was now moving apart for him to walk through unhindered. Oras knew it was hopeless to flee. It was clear these Yokai were followers of the man and would destroy him before he even had a chance. At the very least he wanted to show them that he wasn't afraid and had some strength, courage and dignity. His stride wasn't defiant. It wasn't boastful. It wasn't weak or heavy. He walked as he always did. Calm, with a logical expression. His posture ready to shift for battle at any given second. He may not have lived as long as them, but he was a survivor at heart. He thanked Izayuki for her attempts to hide him with her spirit animal but it was clear that a one on one discussion with this man, which was inevitable, would render that disguise useless. He stopped a good ways away from him. Close enough for easy conversation yet far enough to keep from disrespecting anyone or causing him to send guards on him... And just enough time to prepare for an attack should anyone try to do so. He made sure he kept his eyes out for any illusions of any sort. After that he awaited a response.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 3:46 am