Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring.

James Steel
    James Steel

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 262.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blue Mercury
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. Empty Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring.

Post by James Steel 12th June 2017, 10:59 am

The Job:

It was three in the afternoon and James had been instructed to pick up a few essentials from the local shops of Hargeon. Apparently, the guild armory, and bar were both short on supplies. James walked about the crowded streets until he reached the first shop on his list. It was none other than Kregg's Armory, one of the finest arms and armor retailers in the land. A gruff man with a beard and eye-patch stood behind a glass counter that displayed many weapons and helmets. "Ahh, you must be that new wizard here to pick up the supply." James nodded "That's right, I'm James Steel. Pleased to meet you." James reached out and shook the man's hand."Kregg Krackin, at your service. Here, allow me to fetch your equipment." Kregg turned around and bent down, grabbing a large wooden crate and setting it on the counter. James handed Kregg the payment, and left the shop hauling a large wooden crate filled with some sort of supplies. James may have some magical skill, and be fairly in shape, but he could hardly carry this box down the street. Once he reached the guild hall, he dropped the box to the ground and decided to sit down himself. As he did this, the box opened a crack revealing the content of it. James peeked inside to find that it was filled with carrots. With an annoyed look on his face he said "Really Master... Carrots?!"

James stood up, though it no longer felt important, he still had a Job to do. James then began to walk the the general store to purchase supplies for their bar, when a large crowd of people nearly trampled him. James over heard some of them mention a band by the name of Beanstalk and the pea pods. James wondered who these people were, who could capture this many people's attention, and decided to check it out. He followed the massive horde of people into town square where a large concert stage had been set up. Above the stage was a large black and white banner reading "Beanstalk and the Pea-pods" under it stood a very small man of gnome decent as well as two female elves. The gnome's eye's the shot directly at James, he gasped and shouted into the crowd "Your James Steel! your the newest member of Lamia Scale, and the one who discovered the treasure of old Gold Rogers. Please my good sir, come up here and say a few words for all these good people!" All the people then turned to James looking at him in awe. It was what James had always wanted, to be recognized as the worlds greatest wizard. How could he resist this opportunity?

James passed through the crowd of musical fans and walked onto the stage, shaking hands with the beanstalk himself."Wow, thanks for this opportunity sir." the man bowed and replied "the pleasure is all mine, please allow me to get you a voice lacrima so all these people may hear you!" the man winked and ran behind the stage, returning with a microphone containing the crystal. James took the device and began speaking to the crowd of people "Hello Hargeon! I can't say what a pleasure it is to address you all--" as James began his speech, the ground beneath him rumbled and cracked. The crowed of people grew apart, and a structure began to sprout from the ground. It appeared to be some sort of stone spire, and the entrance could just be seen. That's when the unexpected happened, the man who once welcomed James to the stage snickered "You fool!" and ran through the entrance of the tower with his two female assistants. James blank look on his face soon turned to a slight amount of anger. This man destroyed part of his town, and could have harmed someone in the process. With this in mind, James ran after him throwing open the trap door and jumping inside.        

Word Count: 665/3,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

James Steel:

James' Theme:
    James Steel
    James Steel

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. Empty Re: Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring.

Post by James Steel 12th June 2017, 11:27 am

Upon entering the tower, all James could see was the large dimly lit room he walked into. That's when the laugh of a familiar voice hit his ear, "Thank you young wizard! Now the sky ring of Gold Rogers will be mine." James was about to shout out in anger, but bit his tongue, realizing there may be enemies about. The room his was in was shaped like a dome above his head, it was very plane and had multiple wooden beams to support it. Between these beams were statues made of some sort of marble. Strangely enough, in James' eyes the statues were glowing blue, this usually meant that something was a living being. James chuckled a bit and began to walk to a door leading to another room. "Living statues, I need to get my eyes checked... Wait a minute!" James had just realized he knew of such a creature. Turning around, he saw five stone gargoyles all entering offensive combat stances. This wasn't good for James, he had no martial arts experience and these beasts looked deadly. He did have one advantage though, these creatures were made of stone. Two of them ran at James with their weapons at their side, and attempted to strike him. As they did however James managed to touch each of them, melting them down into a glowing blue liquid. The other statues began to back away, for fear of the same fate. James then fired a bolt from the puddle at one of the remaining creatures, destroying it. The other two warriors threw their spears at James, only to be dodged by his ability of flight. James then flew towards the last two and touched them each, melting them.

James brushed his hands against his side, as he began to leave the room and open the door to the next. He turned the knob, and a barrage of arrows were fired at him. They pierced his robes penetrating into his skin, by the end of it several arrows were sticking out of his body. James coughed up a good bit of glowing blood, "What is this place anyway?! What could that pirate have hidden here all those years ago? And most importantly, why the hell did that little gnome do this to me!?" James was obviously angry and needed answers. He wouldn't be made a fool of by some stage performer who swayed him onto a stage. He pulled the arrows from his body one by one as he walked into the next room. It appeared to be a golden treasure room of sorts, but there was only one chest. It was a golden chest with a ray of light from the outside shining down on it.

James smiled, perhaps his luck was about to get better. As one would expect, he simply walked over to the chest and attempted to open it. as he did, the sound of locks could be heard coming from the chest. In moments the chest's appearance warped, and grew fangs and attacked James with all it's might. Not expecting the attack, the creature chewed into James' left arm. James groaned in pain before summoning a cloud of mercury, and blasting two bolts at it. The chest growled and fell over unconscious. James decided he didn't have the magic to finish it off, and continued through yet another wooden door. He gave a sigh of relief, it appeared to be an abandon storage room. He began rummaging threw the place until he came across a small pack of medical supplies. He then repaired his wounds with both his magic and bandages, to prepare himself for whatever would come next.

Word Count: 1,231/3000

Last edited by James Steel on 12th June 2017, 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

James Steel:

James' Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. Empty Re: Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring.

Post by NPC 12th June 2017, 11:27 am

The member 'James Steel' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. StrongMonster Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. WeakMonster Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. NormalMonster
    James Steel
    James Steel

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by James Steel 12th June 2017, 5:39 pm

After leaving the supply room, and entering yet another the sound of a small man could be heard. "AHHHH get back you horrid creatures. Someone help us!" James would find this to be the voice of the beanstalk who was trapped on top of a table with his two partners the pea pods. James had walked into some sort of formal dinning room where two mimic chairs were attacking the band of bards. James walked in saying "Well well well, look who's in trouble now. I'll get you and your friends down from there if you answer all may questions." the sniveling man rabidly shook his head, practically begging for James' help. James grind, knowing this guy would owe him one "In that case your wish is my command." with that, James' shoes began to glow and he ran towards one of the mimics and threw it at the other! That managed to get their attention as they now started leaping towards James, as the made contact with him their fake teeth began to disappear and turn into glowing blue liquid. This caused them to run off and turn back into their original forms. "Alright, now it's time for your side of the agreement." the little man stepped down form the table and cleared his throat, "Here is all I know, I heard a rumor from a tavern in the Ace of Spades that you my good man, are the holder of the Orb of the world!" James raised an eyebrow, was the orb in his possession the one this man spoke of. If James was the holder of the orb of the world, what would this mean? The gnome continued "yes, the orb of the world is a magical map and device of power. Who ever holds it can access various locations visited by Gold Rogers himself, places such as this sunken tower." James' eyes narrowed asking "Alright, why did you want to come to this tower. What of value is in here?" the man chuckled "Ah questions, many questions. You are an intelligent being. you seek answers, and you shall find them if you follow me." James didn't trust the little man, but if he wanted the treasure he would have to follow him.

The beanstalk and his two assistants walked over to a door in the left corner of the room, James immediately followed. "Yes, this is it. The library of Rogers awaits in here!" the gnome greedily said while rubbing his hands together. James pushed open the door and there it was, a dimly lit library with nearly one-hundred barren shelves. In the middle of the room was a book on a pedestal, it was green with a golden outline, and was apparently the only clean thing in the entire tower. James stepped forward and picked up the book, "The book of Roger. What is this? Some kind of monster manual?" the small gnome immediately recognized the book and began to explain "Yes, old Gold Rogers use to employ various creatures and beasts to protect his treasures. If they were ever to rebel, he could use this book to discover their weaknesses." the gnome pondered for a moment before continuing his speech, "If this is his book, then the room containing his sky ring must not be too far behind." That's when James noticed a door appear near the back of the room. it must be the chamber he was warned about, the room which contained the sky ring. James walked forward to the giant wooden door, and slowly pushed it revealing a large golden room with a large pillar in the middle. inside of the pillar was a slot for some sort of spherical device, most likely James' orb of the world. From the shadows of the room, two Minotaur walked in front of the pillar guarding it. James sighed, this was going to be a tough fight, especially considering his injured condition.

Word Count: 1,892/3000

Last edited by James Steel on 13th June 2017, 1:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

James Steel:

James' Theme:
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 12th June 2017, 5:39 pm

The member 'James Steel' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. StrongMonster Tower of Rodger: Grab the Sky ring. StrongMonster
    James Steel
    James Steel

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by James Steel 14th June 2017, 6:22 pm

The Minotaur on the right side of the pilliar's nostrils flared as he spoke in a deep commanding voice, "Who dares invade the scared tower of Gold Rogers. I Althazar, and my silent brother Mlthazar are the guardians of this place. We suggest you leave at once.!" the other Minotaur Mlthazar nodded in agreement with his brother, threatening James with pure white eyes, and a lowered brow. James swallowed seeing the two fierce opponent, he needed to buy enough time to allow himself to heal from his wounds. "Alright, Althazar and Mlthazar. I'm James Steel, wizard of the guild Lamia Scale. How did the two of you come under the service of Mr. Rogers?" Althazar spoke, as his brother could not: "We owe a great debt to Gold Rogers. He was the man who killed the dark wizards threatening our land. A guild known as the Freelancers attacked our peaceful town, and even cut out my brother's tongue in the process! Gold Rogers, and his crew practically fell from the sky defeating the dark guild and saving our town." James was confused, weren't the freelancers a legal guild so many years ago? If they were not, it would mean James was wrong about the pirate's evil. Maybe the old captain was a good guy, defending a helpless non-magical village.

James interest was peaked, but the Minotaur persisted "If you don't leave this place we will force you! Do not let it come to that!" It was time for him to act, James could not see a way to get around this fight. He then began to float into the air, as his eyes flashed blue and mercury was being created from the dirt beneath himself. "Stand aside. I must know the secret of Gold Rogers now. Your master is dead, I suggest you give me that ring before I decide to take it." James attempted to intimidate the two, but they seemed unaffected. It was time for action, a bolt of mercury flew from James' left hand towards Althazar's legs causing them to stick together. Both Minotaur let out a battle cry of sorts, and charged at James with the maces. To his surprise, James managed to dodge both attacks and get his footing about ten feet away from the creatures.

James set out his hand and signaled for the guardians of come get him. A look of rage on their faces told him they took his bait, and ran strait towards James with their horns ready to impale him. Mlthazar managed to get through, and stabbed James, following this he was slammed into the wall. In order to get some distance, James used his mercury cloud spell to create a deadly mist of mercury. This would harm Mlthazar, as James fired yet another bolt which his Althazat! "We don't need to fight, just give me the ring and I'll leave!" James shouted. Try as he might, the massive warriors were not giving up yet. Althazar's mace began to glow red as he advanced upon James, and malthazar grabbed James' arms holding him in place. It looked bad at first, but as the mace wielder approached, James used his mercury footprint spell and quickly escaped Malthazar's grip. That was when Althazar came in for the swing, James then ducked causing him to his his own brother in the face! James flew back around twenty feet before asking again "Please, don't make fools of yourselves! Just let me have the ring and I'll be off." Mlthazar shook off his brothers attack, and his eyes turned red. He then began to charge at James with his shield, attempting some kind of bash attack. As he did this however, James fired yet another bolt at him, causing the great guardian to trip. Althazar, his brother seemed even less happy then him. with a signal leap, Althazar appeared behind James and rammed into his back with a shield. James fell to the ground coughing up mercury, and turned around firing a bolt of mercury at the Minotaur. The beast gave out a loud cry as the glowing metal stuck to his face.

As this large battle unfolded, beanstalk and his girls managed to slip pass the warriors and attempted to open the glass case containing the ring, to no avail. As James noticed them, he tossed them the orb of the world. Beanstalk began shouting "Its mine! all mine!" as he put the orb into the obvious slot. The glass disappeared, allowing the little man to grab the sky ring. He threw the orb back to James as he was fighting, and put the ring on his middle finger. James then grabbed Mlthazar by the horns and kneed him in the face with his abilities of flight. That's when Althazar gasped "The ring, that little gnome stole it and left the tower!" James grit his teeth. "No, I came here for that ring! It was mine to take." James held the orb of the world above his head with one hand as he fired off a supercharged bolt of mercury with his right, towards Althazar. Now that the ring was gone, James had nothing left to do aside from taking down these clowns and reporting back to his guild. Though he might be able to defeat them with enough time, James didn't feel like drawing out a fight which he may lose "Look, the ring is gone. I am done fighting. I think drawing this battle out would be unwise. If you let me leave, I'll consider returning the sky ring to your tower." the eldest brother of the Minotaur decided James was right and agreed with his terms. James crawled out of the tower heavily wounded, and wanted to find his ring. But first, he needed to pick up those bar supplies.

James went about the rest of his day as normal until he noticed his orb of the world glow. A small magical map appeared with a marker hovering above the town of Motor City. Was this the next location of Gold Rogers Treasure? James wondered where the orb would take him, perhaps there was another tower buried under the city, or maybe that little gnome had run off there. No matter the case James was interested, and a chance to gain magical knowledge and fame greatly appealed to him. Discovering the location of the rings and harnessing their power would certainly prove James capabilities, perhaps even cause some heads in his guild to turn... "These rings better be worth it, I nearly died in that tower. Hopefully recovering the others will be less dangerous. Speaking of which, who is gonna dig out that tower from under Hargeon!?" all these thought raced through James head as the day came to a close. James returned home to retire for the night, deciding it would be better to think about these things in the morning.

Word Count: 3,049/3,000

James Steel:

James' Theme:

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 8:34 am