Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ace Cards - Chapters of Life (WIP)

Twisted Fate
    Twisted Fate

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Serpent's Fang
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Cards of Fate
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Ace Cards - Chapters of Life (WIP) Empty Ace Cards - Chapters of Life (WIP)

Post by Twisted Fate 13th February 2013, 2:42 am

History/Story

History:

CHAPTER I: DREAM AND HORROR

It was on a beautiful 7th of July on which Acel Cardian was born. His mother, Vanessa Cardian, gave birth to him at exactly 7pm. Her light brown eyes, silky black hair, flawless skin and great figure made her a gorgeous woman at 28 years. She had a smile so friendly that it would brighten the rest of your day, no matter what crap you’ve been through. Vanessa was a woman who showed much respect for others and had a kind, gentle and big heart. By her side stood Acel’s father, Sanders Cardian; a tall man with short black hair, dark brown eyes and good figure. Throughout his 30 years of life, not once has he ever showed anger, hate or aggression; he was a calm and kind hearted man indeed. The moment father and mother saw their child they could not have been happier. Six years of marriage and now they were a whole family. Little did they know how much would change in just a few years.

Acel enjoyed a good childhood. His mother ran a day-care center from their home, so he was never alone with plenty of friends. The house itself wasn’t all that big; it was more of a cozy and comfy house in the suburbs of Hargeon City. It stood in a neighborhood of similar houses all inhabited by friendly neighbors. Sanders Cardian was a stage magician and a pretty successful one at that, said to be the next great Houdini. Within the small society of the suburb he was known as the local hero and enforcer, always standing up for everyone and doing what’s best for all. Yes, it was an idyllic family in an idyllic environment leading the idyllic life; a true dream…but every dream has to come to an end.

The day that changed everything lies six years in the future when Acel just started primary school. He already had many friend thanks to his mother’s day-care center and was excited to be attending school. It was a dark day in June; the weather forecast foresaw heavy rain and thunder storms. 1 o’clock in the afternoon and the child had just returned from school when loud noises were to be outside the house heard. Both Sanders and Vanessa Cardian were home that day. In the weeks prior to that day a group of rouge mage had been reported to have been rampaging within the city and now they wished to spread their havoc to the suburbs of Hargeon as well.

Sanders was the first to react like in any situation. Grabbing his baseball bat he stepped out the door only to find a group of five teens ganging up his neighbors wife; the house’s windows were already shattered and the door was kicked in…a faint smell of blood lay in the air. As the 36 year old man approached the group he held his bat at the ready.
    “Hey you!” the group turned around with annoyed expressions as though Sanders just interrupted a meal “You kids better get outta here before I call the city guards! Don’t try any funny business…I’m armed!”
    “Oh shaddap you old fool! Go back to your little house and we’ll be with ya in a sec” replied the one who appeared to be the leader of the lot. As the ten turned back to the woman, the others followed. Suddenly screams were to be heard from the woman and when the group parted a few seconds later…it was a gruesome sight. By this point in time people started coming out of their houses, including the rest of the Cardian family. They all saw how Mrs. Manny’s lifeless body lay there…guts torn out, face peeled off, extremities burned to a crisp and a rod of ice stuck up her…Such a scene was more than enough to change any man in an instant. While many screamed in horror and ran back into the houses, dragging their families with them, others stood there in shock of what they saw next. It was Sanders or more precisely his eyes and body. The man was shivering uncontrollably, twitching every now and then. His eyes had something in them that no one had ever seen before: RAGE. However that was not all; for the first time in all his life he experienced anger, sadness, despair, fear and hate all at once. This surge in new emotion vanquished who he once was and the look of kindness was replaced by a look of revenge and…bloodlust. The bat fell to the ground and a wicked smile spread across his face.
    “Hey dude…you okay?” one of the rogue mage asked somewhat frightened by the sight.
    “Oh I’m fine…just peachy…it’s you lot who you should worry about…”
    “Was that a threat asshole!” barked the leader conjuring a flame in his hand. His friends followed his lead conjuring ice, lightning, swords, axes and guns. They were so confident…a neighborhood watchdog was nothing compared to them and they took him quite lightly…a mistake that ensured their death. Thirty-two seconds…that’s how long it took Sanders to mow down each and every one of them. His speed in that instant was insane, his movement like that of a snake and the ferocity behind his fists was beyond beast like. With his bare hands he tore their body to pieces leaving an even more gruesome and gory sight than before. Again came the shakes, only this time not out of anger but fear…fear of what he had done and become…tears streamed down his face, he clenched his head between his palms and screamed at the top of his lungs. Both Acel and his mother bore witness to the event and the screams of their family man would echo in their minds forever; inhuman screams that sounded like a tormented soul crying out for help…

In the days that ensued Sander Cardian locked himself away in the attic of the house, only coming out for food and the bathroom. The guilt he felt for his deeds, the fear he had of himself…they were just too overwhelming for him to bear all at once. The guards and Rune Knights passed the case off as self-defense judging Sanders innocent despite his pleas of guilt. Vanessa still loved her husband and did not fear him. She tried to convey this to him, but all her husband saw was what he took as disgust. She too suffered from the event, but didn’t show any signs. Acel underwent intensive therapy after that and to his luck he had repressed the gruesome scenes in his mind, leaving no recollection of the day. Days passed and his father’s mental health dwindled rapidly. He started seeing hallucinations and talking to himself about how he is a monster…on June 19th he committed suicide and the one to find his hung, lifeless body was who else than his own son. This would have scared Acel for life if it were not for what happened next. Only three days later his mother followed his father’s example unable to bear the pain of loss; she slit her own throat and again Acel was the one to find her in her own pool of blood. Two days passed before neighbors started to become worried and checked the house. At first they only knocked on windows and doors. When no response came they assumed them to have gone out. But a week later when neither wife nor child attended the man’s funeral their worries became theories of horror. The first person to enter the house was Mr. Drakel, Acel’s homeroom teacher. He was the one who found the child clenching his decaying mother’s lifeless body, talking to her, weeping and starved…

It took a team of three men from the guard to spate the child from his mother. It was a heart breaking scene of kicking, screaming and crying, comforting neighbors and officials and shocked passersby. In the hours that followed Acel was catatonic, not showing any emotion or speaking a word; he just followed the guidance of those around him. The one who took him in was the one who found him, Mr. Drakel. He tried his best to help Acel but it had no apparent effect. On the brink of giving up, something miraculous happened: Acel talked to for the first time.
    “Wh-where are mommy and daddy?” he asked with an innocent face.
    With guilt and happiness in his voice the man replied “They’re…ahem…they’re in a better place…”
    “When will they be back?”
    The answer was almost too heartbreaking for Drakel to say “I don’t know…but they told you to stay here until they return…”

CHAPTER II: GOODBYES

Years passed and Acel was always kept in the dark about his parents. However, as he became older the concept of death became more and more aware to him. Until now he had stayed with his teacher Michael Drakel and his wife Margret. They took him in and treated them as their own. The pair themselves could not have children due to impotence. They were loving, kind and gentle, but still strict if they had to. The two ensured that NO ONE mentioned anything about Acel’s past as he seemed not to be aware of it. On the day that Acel finally realized the truth he was already 14 years old. He understood what death was and pieced together the faint memories he had of the past. On a cold September morning he sat down at the dinner table and looked Mr. Drakel straight in the eyes.
    “Michael…I’ve been thinking…about my parents” Mr. and Ms. Drakel glanced at each other with guilt and shock, sensing what was coming “Are my parents…dead?”
    Hesitant Mr. Drakel swallowed his meatloaf and replied after taking a deep breath “…yes…but we…”
    “I KNEW IT!” barked Acel “How could you two not tell me this?! How could you keep their deaths a secret?!”
    “We just wanted…”
    “You just wanted what huh? I’ll tell you what you wanted! You wanted to keep me in the dark so you could continue this happy lie because you two CAN’T HAVE KIDS!”
    With that last comment he tossed his plate against the wall and stormed off to his room. All the foster parents could do was sit there in awe and shock. They knew this day would come…but not so soon and not at such an extreme. Meanwhile Acel sa tin his room, close to the window. Why was he so furious? A certain amount of anger was to be expected but this? Not even Acel understood his behavior yet he knew one thing. It wasn’t that he hated his foster parents, but it was this place, this neighborhood, these suburbs…something was nagging at him, something inside wanted to get as far away from there as possible; a remnant emotion from suppressed memories of horror. For the next two weeks Acel kept his distance from his two foster parents. He was no longer furious but he there was a certain amount of…distrust? But all that no longer mattered; in a few days he would have everything he needed…everything necessary to leave that place. The urge of unknown origin was just too great to ignore.

It was the 30th of September when the time finally came. In the dark of night, Acel gathered what he could in clothes, food, water and money so that it all fit into one duffel bag. On his bed he left a letterto Mr. and Mrs. Drakel:

Dear Michael and Margret,
    I am grateful to you for taking me in while I had no one, for caring for me as though I were your own. It’s as though it were yesterday that I can remember us three walking in the park at summer time and eating ice cream. You’ve given me wonderful memories and protected me from a terrible truth. I know there is more to the story but for both your happiness and mine I will deny myself this little shred of truth. But the sad truth is that I have this feeling, this urge that compels me to leave. Maybe it has something to do with my parents having died or maybe not…I don’t know. But whatever you think, don’t blame yourselves. What I said the other evening was wrong and I am truly sorry…

Thank you for everything,
    Acel

A tear streamed down his left cheek as he left the note. The pain was unbearable and it almost convinced him to stay… but fate had other plans. Somehow amidst the blur of emotions Acel found the courage to leave, climbing out the window, onto a nearby tree and then down to the street. He had no place to go, no goal, no destination…he just ran and ran until his house was to be seen no more. When morning came and the Drakels found the note they broke down in tears. They informed the city guard, police…they even tried to get the army…but no one despite all efforts could find Acel…

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 3:06 am