Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Letter-Lady (Private/Meletzo/Job)

Meletzo
    Meletzo

Player 
    Lineage : Gold Rush
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Letter-Lady (Private/Meletzo/Job) Empty Letter-Lady (Private/Meletzo/Job)

Post by Meletzo 13th November 2016, 6:53 pm

Job Stuff:

Maya let out an exasperated sigh as she meandered through the streets of Magnolia, quite obviously dragging her feet. The job itself was quite simple: The mailman wanted her to deliver some letters for him because his mailbox had run out of letters. It sounded like an easy time, which Maya certainly wanted after the last job. The problem was that the mailman had completely neglected to tell her where she was delivering the letters to until right before the job started. She was being asked to deliver letters right to her old neighborhood, the very one that she was desperately trying to stay away from.

The very thought that somebody might recognize her was putting a heavy lump in the mage's throat, but a job was a job. She had promised the mailman that she would help, so she would help. Worst case scenario, she could just make a run for it; the letters were all stashed away in her bag, so running wouldn't run the risk of messing up the job. It was just a matter of staying away from the danger zones.

The first few houses were pretty easy; they were people who she didn't know, so she felt comfortable simply walking up and slotting the correct letter into the mailbox. Most of the houses were of people that she knew, but nobody seemed to be home; at the very least, nobody approached her as she placed the letters into the mailboxes and moved on. In fact, she got all the way to the last house before she ran into an issue.

"Maya?"

Maya froze. Oh god, anything but him, she thought to herself, unwilling to turn around and face the person speaking to her. I can't face him right now. She couldn't bring herself to face him, especially not after she left so suddenly.

"So it is you."

In the midst of Maya's inner turmoil, she didn't realize that he'd done what he always did: Get up right next to her without her noticing. Curse that uncanny ability of his. No other option now but to meet him face to face. "Hey, Dylan," she muttered, unable to hide her nerves as she turned around to face her half-brother.

Dylan, Maya's half-sibling from an earlier marriage, was 8 years her senior. He looked the same as he always did - bright violet hair, a tall stature, an inhumanly thin body and pale skin, and formal dress clothes. "I've been looking all over for you, Maya," he said in his sing-song voice. "I heard what happened. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it~"

He leaned in extremely close to Maya, causing her to retreat a step. This is why Maya had never gotten along with him. He had no concept of personal boundaries, and never seemed to take anything seriously. She always wondered how he managed to become a successful magical researcher like that, but that was neither here nor there. "It hasn't been easy," she responded coldly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a job to finish."
    She started to walk away, only to feel Dylan grip her shoulder. "Come on, don't be so cold to your own brother~" he said, walking up and speaking directly into Maya's ear. "What's happened to you is completely unique. There's nobody else like you now. Won't you let me take a look?"
    "No," Maya said firmly, wresting her shoulder free from Dylan's grip. "Not a chance. Not gonna let a creep like you take a look; you'd probably try to dissect me."
    Dylan's face contorted in an exaggerated pout. "Aw, that hurts, Maya. Even I have standards; I wouldn't do anything to my precious little sister against her wishes. If you ever change your mind, though, you know where to find me~" In a poof, he was gone as fast as he had appeared.
    "Damn creep," Maya muttered under her breath. She had no intention of ever giving him anything; she had her doubts that they were ever related at all. Still, his tendency of vanishing suddenly was useful now; she could now complete her mission in peace.

She slotted the last letter into its slot and breathed a sigh of relief. All in all, today hadn't been nearly as bad as it could have been. Sure, she'd had a run-in with Dylan, but at least she could rely on her half-brother to not tell anybody else; he was too interested in hoarding knowledge and acting smugly superior to actually tell other people about her. If it had been Sarah or Ivan, she would have had a much harder time keeping the secret; as much as she wanted to see them, she had promised herself she wouldn't re-enter her own life without sorting out what her new body could do. It was a goal she would work towards until the end of time if need be, but she wasn't going to degrade herself by letting a greedy researcher like Dylan look at her. No, she'd figure it out herself, no matter how long it would take.

OOC STUFF
    Gold Rush Lineage choices for the thread
    Passive: Increase your own jewel reward by 100%
    Active: The user's luck will become at its peak (as though you needed any more...) and will now have great things overall happen to them. This ranges from getting a simple kiss from that one special person, to having your opponent stumble, causing them to, even if narrowly, miss the direction they were sending their spell at.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 11:23 am