Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Petty Theft [Job: John Sears]

Dex Wallace
    Dex Wallace

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Beast Tamer
    Position : None
    Guild : Basilisk Fang
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Tools of the Trade
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Petty Theft [Job: John Sears] Empty Petty Theft [Job: John Sears]

Post by Dex Wallace 24th June 2016, 12:00 am

Info:

"I'm no wizard, Mr. Dorvald, but I've can do things that no wizard can. I will retrieve your asset without being seen, heard, or sensed."

"Sensed?"

"I don't know how much you know about magic, Mr. Dorvald, but magic users are able to sense the presence of other magic users. You said that Mr. MacGuffin's shop is guarded by a wizard. Well the second you get a wizard to break into there, that guard will know. With me, there's nothing for him to sense. I'll go in and out and he'll be none the wiser. Sound good to you?"

"Alright, fine. You're hired."

"I figured you'd see things my way, Mr. Dorvald." John said before they settled on the money that would be exchanged for this little endeavor. It really would be a piece of cake. Wait until nighttime, pick a lock, sneak around and find that recipe, nab it, get out. John wouldn't even need any light until it came time to check to make sure he had the right recipe card. He walked out of their meeting feeling confident about this job. It was, after all, just a simple theft.

It was still daylight right now, the perfect time to case the place. John found the store, closed obviously, and hung around in the area. He wasn't suspicious there, since it was in the marketplace. He stood out from the crowd a bit due to his eyepatch and arm, but there were a few others in the tougher crowd hanging around here as well, so he didn't look particularly out of place minding his own business. He even bought a few groceries and such that he needed. Throughout this process, he was able to get a good sense of the layout of the area around the store, and a bit of the inside by looking discreetly through the windows, and via the use of his radar sensor, something he was very glad to have shoved into his skull.

With the joint cased, all that remained was to wait until nightfall where the plaza wouldn't be busy and the shroud of darkness would hide him from sight. Come nightfall, he was ready. He snuck out of the hostel he was staying at unseen and made his way to the market, and to MacGuffin's store. He moved with quickness and silence, like a snake through the grass. In his earlier observations, the noted the store had a back entrance leading straight to the kitchen for easy trash disposal. This would be his entrance into the store. There was no sign of the guard outside. He was probably in the store at this point. For such a small place, hiring a wizard to watch it for a week was quite a bit of security. There must be something very special about this fudge, though that didn't matter to John. All that mattered was getting the recipe for his client.

He stepped up to the door now. It was secured with a tumbler lock, nothing too hard to get past. Pulling out his tools, John went to work putting the tension wrench into the bottom of the keyhole, he checked to see which way the lock turned. Figuring that out, he applied tension to it and slid his pick in, pushing on the pins one by one until they were locked into place. The whole process took mere seconds. A sly grin grew on John's face as the door quietly clicked open and he slipped inside.

John activated his radar sensor again, allowing him to 'see' through walls, though it was only the outlines of objects and where the other walls were. It was tricky to get used to, but he had gotten used to it by now. He spotted the mage just outside the kitchen, walking around. Keeping track of him, John began to look around he kitchen. It wasn't long before he found the recipe he wanted. Plucking it from the container, he opened a slot in his arm with a mental command, putting the recipe in for safekeeping. He detected the mage approaching the kitchen, but was able to silently slip out, the container closed and door locked behind him. Aside from the missing recipe, it was like he had never been there at all. The next morning he met with Mr. Dorvald and got paid. The two then went their separate ways, never to speak of this again. John left Peace Village with a pocketful of cash for his work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 10:30 am