Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Nephalem's Journal Entries

Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The True Nephalem
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nephalem Take Over
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Nephalem's Journal Entries Empty The Nephalem's Journal Entries

Post by Decayuss 10th April 2016, 9:01 pm

I'm creating this thread just as a way that I can progress and make sense of some of the stuff that was kind of left off at the end of my story-driven job "Make the Angel Scream and the Devil Cry", in which my character was left with a fortress and an army he has no idea what to do with. If you actually want to read, be my guest, but I won't guarantee much.

Side note: I would recommend having the font: "AR Blanca" if you wish to see it in my character's handwriting.

Last edited by Decayuss on 11th April 2016, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Nephalem's Journal Entries Deacy2
    Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Nephalem's Journal Entries Empty Re: The Nephalem's Journal Entries

Post by Decayuss 10th April 2016, 9:14 pm

"April 4th,

It's been almost a year since the downfall of Diabolos. I left the Obsidian Palace in charge of my brother, whom just refers to himself as "Pride" since then out of fear. I had no idea what to do with this. What was I supposed to do with an army of demons my father lead in a place far from Fiore? I have a title and status to hold up now. Being seen with demons would not be the best for me. Though aside from that, I couldn't help my curiosity when I had finally come here once more. What I found was much more than I ever anticipated. My father is well over the age of a millennium, and I would consider that his age at the very least. Even he lost track of how old he was. Regardless, there was nothing to be found in the Icecrown Citadel because it's virtually dead and cannot be found... but the Obsidian Place held different secrets. Secrets I would have never believed existed.

Upon arrival, I was hailed with welcome from the mass of demons that found me turning each and every corner. This place is massive. I had no idea the amount of space my father was able to attain underground. I've been told by Pride that it stretches all the way out into the Ocean with a canal that leads inside. Astounding...

Aside from that, Pride lead me to where my father had been occupied. And to say the veyr least, I was not expecting what was there. Piles and piles of research and papers, cryotubes, jars, and liquid cages of heinous, abominable creatures. I had never taken my father much of a Bookworm type, though it would explain my fascination for power and Magic. Very akin to his. In these notes I found him researching the biological structure of demons, how each and every one of them are more unique than the human race--or any other race as a matter of a fact. Each and every one of them is created different, and very rarely are there ones that look alike. In addition to demons, he managed to get specimen of angels, and even used his Nephalem children. It was perhaps why he had never lost to one; he knew so much about them. In his notes, I found quite astounding things about myself and my brothers and sisters.

We are all sterile, I knew that. However, during adolescence, our bodies undergo transformations not for reproduction, but rather survival. At early ages none of us are any more powerful than average humans, but given time to develop, we grow beyond that of natural boundaries without training. I also found that our rates of metabolism and digestion are far beyond that of normal humans, meaning we can convert food into energy quite swiftly, but still not be hungry for days on end. It would also explain my enormous alcohol tolerance.

Also in his collection, I found several notes on myself. He dubbed me "Decayuss" in his notes. It was astounding to see how much he could discover about me from events alone and without ever having met me once. He recorded entries of my accomplishments, my strength levels, and the evolution of my ability to transform into the Black Devil and the White Angel. He notes that I am the first Nephalem capable of doing so, and it would definitely make me a formidable opponent. I read on...

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 10th April 2016, 9:26 pm

I found that the rest of the notes about me were missing, and in their place was the piles of research of his studies for "True" elements. According to him and his research, his palace is made out of "True Obsidian". Normal Obsidian is durable--sometimes--but it would never be able to withstand the force exerted on it daily. However... True Obsidian is something far beyond that. I couldn't exactly deduce at that time how he managed to create it, but apparently True Obsidian is far more durable than Normal Obsidian--obviously--but in addition to that, appears to be nearly invincible. The downside is he would be unable to forge weapons and armors out of it, so due to its color and strength, he chose it to be the material out of his entire Palace. Even he was appalled as to how much strength True Obsidian possessed, and after discovering a way to mass-produce it, constructing his entire Obsidian Palace using it was hardly out of the question. Interesting...

He continued his research and found that True Obsidian was not the only "true" element. There are others. In fact, the case of "trueness"--a word that does not exist but that is what he refers to it as--exists in almost every kind of object. He noted that the goal of the Nephalem was to become the "True Nephalem", and in all of his attempts to get stronger, he sought to become the True Black Devil. And if he found a way for his wife to become the True White Angel, then the two of them would become quite literally invincible. True Obsidian almost was, but a True Being would be... I wondered what he would try and do with that power.

I read on and found that he nearly finished his studies for his wife on how to create "True Ice" for her Icecrown Citadel. And then in his final entries, he noted that he had also discovered why Arianna and him were always suspect to Nephalem hunting them down: to become True Nephalem.

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 10th April 2016, 9:32 pm

That was enough of the research for now... I still had piles to go through. Following a small exploration of his personal space and laboratory, I demanded that I be introduced to the full layout of the Obsidian Palace, as well as how my father managed to come across the Seven Sin Lieutenants, all of whom seemed to respect me deeply in spite of wishing to kill me on our first encounter. It was difficult to get the exact measurements of the Obsidian Palace because of the fact that it was underground, contrasting to the Icecrown Citadel, and I wanted to see what exactly I inherited. They took me into a room that contained all of the information to the Obsidian Palace itself. And I discovered that the Obsidian Palace had stretched almost to the boundaries of Sin itself, nearly the entire landscape. I was dumbfounded at first... the arena in which I fought my father seemed to minuscule in size. I had also started to question just how many demons were there, why I never saw them all, and how all of this came to be.

Apparently not all of the demons even resided in the Obsidian Palace, not even at the same time. Thousands of them are among humans daily, others seek recruits within the Land of Sin, and far off lands I've never even heard of. Diabolos even has his own research team conducting experiments to traveling between dimensions. Seems like there is even stuff that he is incapable of comprehending... or perhaps he does not have the motivation for. Either way, there is no doubt in my mind that this entire place is dangerous, and could be far worse if fallen into the wrong hands. Luckily it is in mine for now...but are my hands the right one for guidance? I have no idea what secrets lie within this place, how could I ever hope to lead it and its army of demons?

Luckily for me, Pride seems to know what he's doing. And he's my brother. Leaving everything in charge to him has crossed my mind, but I don't know if they would listen to anyone who is considered inferior to Diabolos. They respect me because I killed and beat him in combat. Even if it was through my heartless trick...

After learning about the size and magnitude of Diabolos's operations, though I still didn't get a full grasp of it, I demanded to know how all of this came to be. Everyone recognizes Sin as a wasteland of monsters, none would ever imagine an internal monarchy of Diabolos. They gave me the story of how my father came to power, from the moment he recruited his first Lieutenant, Envy, to the second the Obsidian Palace was completed and his dominance of Sin was with an iron fist. Even as the First God of Ishval, I feel as though my father has done more than I could ever dream of...

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 11th April 2016, 8:04 pm

April 11th,

I spent only two days in the Obsidian Palace before departing and returning a week later. Things are still the same even from then. I don't know if this place has frozen in my absence, or things are being done before I can even know about it. Regardless, my interest in this place's functionality is still at an all-time low. My interest is more concerned with my father's research, so I returned to his lab to see what else I could dig up. Shifting through the notes I found a week earlier, I couldn't find much else on me, but I did find a fascinating entry on my brother: Vergil. For some reason there was not anything on any other particular children Diabolos had, but the ones that he took interest to were myself and Vergil. I didn't know much about the old man... in fact I had no idea he was my brother until Diabolos's final moments. Quite astounding.

What I found was that Vergil, not me, was the first to survive the wrath of Diabolos. However, Vergil did not defeat the Black Devil, not even close. The entry says that his son ran away like a coward, hiding himself and shielding himself from any pursuits Diabolos attempted. Not having much interest in a coward, Diabolos did not go after Vergil himself, but rather tailed him for years on end with his demonic horde and network. In spite of a Nephalem being still a live, Diabolos seemed to know that Vergil would not challenge him again, and proceeded to have another child with Arianna. I also found that Vergil used the same weapon I did.... Nidhogg. A blade forged from Diabolos. Not directly, but under his orders. Vergil and Deniel weren't the only ones, Nidhogg was an old blade. Exactly how old, Diabolos was no able to tell. The important part is the blade was not fused by him, but the Magical prowess and the dragon of Nidhogg trapped within it was. He indulged himself in Magic more than anything else.

Moving back to the notes on Vergil, he was a Nephalem just like me... and I came after our second brother, whose name is not mentioned. Vergil failed to track him down, and as a result, he suffered a death at the hands of Arianna. And then I was born, and from then on, Vergil made sure it was his primary mission for me to kill the two. I know the rest...

To the man himself, Vergil was much older than I was by the time he faced Diabolos. Perhaps the reason why Diabolos took such interest to him as that Vergil was indeed the oldest Nephalem to ever live, at least under Arianna and Diabolos. Not only did he not choose to fight the two until the age of thirty, but he lived there after until he was nearly a century. Judging by the age of Vergil, it lead Diabolos to conclude that Nephalem age normally like humans, and they do not have the benefit of ageless immortality that his wife had. Diabolos found that to be quite disappointing...they lived short, sad lives and died could not reproduce.

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet
    Decayuss
    Decayuss

The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Decayuss 24th April 2016, 5:22 pm

April 24th,

It's been almost two weeks since I've last been here. And just like the other times, I've delved into my father's notes. The demons surrounding me are questioning why I have not taken charge, and in spite of me directly saying I have no interest in ruling them, they still seem loyal to the bitter end. Whatever I did, or rather my father did, to make them so robotic, it must have been horrible. They hardly think or act for themselves; it is all for the benefit if Diabolos's army, and myself. It makes me wonder what he was planning to do with a group of such loyal demons, and what I should do as well...

Anyways, as I went to my father's notes, I found that he was curious as to the reason why Nephalem were forbidden creatures. He notes that they have tremendous power, and can easily be manipulated. They could possibly turn the tide of any war between angels and demons. Perhaps the tide of any war; they could become kings with riches, queens with power, anything they wished to be. Yet there was no Nephalem in history who made it to that point, or even close. Always they were overwhelmed and hunted down before they reached that power. I'm just about as curious as my father. What exactly makes us so big of targets? Even ones that had not even tried to do anything with their power were killed as soon as possible...

As I further looked into hits notes, my father seemed to be getting closer and closer to the truth of it all. The reason why divines sought their death rather than cooperation is because of fear. They knew that Nephalem allowed to live would be able to attain enough potential to slaughter them all, perhaps everything and anything in existence. So they never take the risk. It is also why the creation of Nephalem is strictly forbidden. The union between angels and demons is also forbidden, but he notes there are many demons out there who have indulged themselves, and surprisingly angels as well. Though in spite of that, only a select few choose to have a Nephalem. Sometimes it is not even their choice, and once that happens, both they and the child are ordered to be executed.

How peculiar, I thought while reading this. Apparently I have the power to slay Divines? He notes that it is much more capable than that of Slayers, and what they could ever be. In fact he insults them and calls him pretentious impostors. Quite passionate he was, I guess. Still, it makes me wonder: was there ever a Nephalem in history that reached this level of power? If not, how could there be laws going against it, knowing what they were capable of? Or perhaps one that came close. The more I learn about myself as a Nephalem, the more I want to learn. I hope I don't find anything out that I shouldn't have learned in the first place...

Take Over Forms:

Magic
    Character Sheet

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 7:54 am