Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Nemuru's Diary (WIP)

Nemuru
    Nemuru

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Poison
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Nemuru's Diary (WIP) Empty Nemuru's Diary (WIP)

Post by Nemuru 17th October 2015, 8:37 am

History/Story
    History: A battered, leather-bound journal carried in Nemuru's travelling pack is filled with scrawled entries. The edges are tattered and pages are yellowed or missing, as though perhaps the guildless mage had salvaged it from somewhere. Inside one can find the following diary entries:

'October 6th: Today I found a discarded journal, so I decided to fill it with entries about my life. Where do I start? Hrm... I was born in Hargeon Town, in a back alley along the docks. At least that's what Mother told me when I was small.

We didn't have much growing up, and the other children teased me for it. The boys always picked on me for my shoddy handmade clothes and my lack of toys. They used to tease me dropping bugs on me, and to this day I'm afraid of large ones.

Mother had belonged to Lamia Scale once. She told me grand stories of the legal guilds and how they harnessed their magic. Yet, she never told me why she was forced to leave Lamia Scale or who my father was.

We had little money and food was short. Sometimes, my mother disappeared on mage jobs. Then there was fish and seafood, street delicacies from the center of town, or even a trip a festival.

Then, I was 10, and Mother got sick... I tried to help her... I really did. I went a looked for work, but people rarely offer much more than a few coins to a kid. Medicine turned out to be expensive. Then, my magic appeared... at the worst time possible. I was wiping my mother's forehead with a cool rag, hoping to heal the fever. Instead, I poisoned her. I tried going to Lamia Scale but it was too ate and they were suspicious of me. They refused to take me in for fear I was a dark mage. I then learned a horrible truth, I was suspected to be the result of my mother's tryst with a Dark Mage.

For years, I ran hoping to never have to use my magic again. Instead, I wandered around and did odd jobs, living on meager scraps. I learned to read and write from librarians on my own time. Yet, as the years passed I felt the tug of my magic and began to desire to control it. I realized the only way to learn would be to use it. Also, jobs doing dishes and housekeeping for inns aren't paying enough. After some practicing my magic on my own, I am confident enough to accept my first job as a mage.'

'October the 9th: After a few uneventful days, I've accepted my first job as a mage. Though I am guildless, maybe with time I can become accepted by some guild. I do understand their concerns, my magic is dangerous to others. The job makes me nervous. It's for a modelling gig for Sorcerer Weekly for a few shots in eco-friendly clothing.'

'It turned out be a simple job and paid well enough. An intern named Ms. Bellarose and her photographer brought me out to the East Forest and back. They took pictures in two poses, one in my choosing even. I loved the dress. The design was quite clever, having been constructed from recycled Sorcerer Weekly magazines and enchanted with a waterproofing spell. The intern who arranged the shots and job said I might have what it takes to be a model, but I am far too shy. I might consider doing that again in the future though. If money gets tight that is.'

'I accepted a second job in Magnolia today, merely because it seems like something I can complete in a few hours. This time I have to deliver a letter for a love-stricken client. He, himself, is too nervous to deliver it, even though the target it a childhood friend.

I had a plan set up that involves using my looks to get forward. I know I am rather average looking... and causing a scene, for someone else. I planted a poisoned knife on someone and snuck away before he was caught with it. I managed to sneak backstage and drop off the letter, getting away for a job well done. I do feel my job could have gone smoother. I also feel a bit of remorse at the way I completed the task. The poor, unsuspecting guy who I used to get in probably is facing jail time. Oh well... a job's a job, right? I needed to complete it.'

'October the 10th: I accepted another job right here in Magnolia. Sure I had a good day yesterday, but who knows how far in between the paying jobs will be. I might as well take them on when I can. Though, today's job was the worst. I had to babysit a demon-child. I didn't believe the ad at first. Next time I will listen to the parents' assessment of their own spawn. The child climbed the counters, screamed at me and even attempted to pull the thick gloves off I had worn. I finally broke down in tears. Then, a miracle of sorts happened. Seeing he had broke the adult in charge, the damn kid laughed at me... and behaved. It was like it was a game to him.'

'October the 11th: I finally got sick of Magnolia Town and decided to move on. I mean, don't get me wrong, Magnolia's a nice place. I just don't want to stay too long for fear of another incident. So, I chose two jobs at random. They ended up being equally far apart, so I settled on the one in Clover Town. On a rare impulse, I even took the train. It was a house sitting job. I'm rapidly learning not to take anything lightly.

This job, though I didn't have to use my magic, tested my patience. I repaired the roof, a dog howled all night and I opened the door to be swarmed with tiny flies. Gross. Still, I slept under the stars as best I could. I felt free once more.'

'October the 12th: I was still at the house in Clover Town. By buying some bug zappers and finding the hole in the fence, I was able to finish this one up. At least the jewels were decent compensation.'

'Immediately after, I began to look for transportation to Peace Village. I lucked out when I found an old man and his curily transporting goods by ox cart. The other job was to bring a pair of twins to the amusement park for the day.

I was hesitant after my previous babysitting experience. Yet, these were older children and were unlikely to be as troublesome, I thought.  They ended up fighting over rides and running off. The only way I managed to keep them in line was by bribing them with junk food and the midway. Overall, though, all involved had fun and I did a good job keeping them out of trouble.'

'October 13th: I decided my streak of luck seemed like a good omen. Taking another job in Peace village, I searched for a rare book in the library. Some young miscreants had made a mess of things and moved it around on me. I wanted to throttle the pre-teens, but I managed to restrain myself. The book found and the library a bit more organized, I delivered the book to the old lady who'd been looking for it.

'I had been trying to relax with a delicious lychee shaved ice, when he sat down. The man was huge, with a shocking mane of red hair and a beard. The man, Ciran, seemed rather frightening but he seemed the jovial sort, even taking it in stride when I accidentally poisoned him with a handshake.

Ciran was alone, guildless like me, and looking for companionship, someone to work with. He's a smith mage, creating interesting works of metal apparently. I do so want to see his. I treated him to a dinner and we talked about our interests and dislikes. Then we decided in the morning we'd head off on a job together, in Hargeon. I'm excited to no longer be alone.'

'October the 14th: We arrived in Hargeon without issue. We were required to purchase a beautiful, and expensive gem for a client. The best of the best and money was no object. So with some haggling, after being scrutinized by the owner for our state of dress, we purchased  the stone. Then we had it embedded in a diadem at another shop. Over all it seems easy looking back. Ciran and I enjoyed the whole ordeal and will be continuing to work together.'
    Nemuru's Diary (WIP) Nemuru10

RP Sample: (A piece of how you RP)
    Face Claim: Shiki Ryougi from Kara no Kyoukai

*Diary is written from Nemuru's perspective.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Signature courtesy: Seikatsu:

Team Signature:

Nemuru Magic 3/3 jobs, 2/3 social Bank
    Jobs completed: D-10, C-1

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 12:46 pm