Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Limits

Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 362

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Iron Dragon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Limits Empty Limits

Post by Eliot Malpirg 3rd October 2015, 12:37 am

It may be a job
    Kuro
    But why not enjoy it?
    It was a small town. But it would have to do.

It was near eight in the evening and most of the houses had gone dark. The main source of light, and action it seemed, was the small pub near the end of town. Music was blasting and could easily be heard through the wooden walls.

Inside, a few miners and such had spread out throughout the single room bar. A handful sat at the bar, nursing their beers and heavy liquors after a long day of work. A quad, three men and a woman, hovered around a pool table in the corner, quietly sipping their drinks and taking long drags on their cigarettes. The only noise that could rival the music was the sound of the pool balls cracking against one another. Despite the loud entertainment, everyone in the place seemed rather relaxed and quiet.

Suddenly the door kicked open and the wind howling outside distracted everyone from what they were doing. A shadow stood in the door-frame, outlined by the snowy background. It stayed there a few moments longer before it finally took a step inside, revealing itself to be a man.

"Phew. Quite the cold night out there." The man said, blowing against his lips dramatically. He was dressed to the nines; a full white suit, a purple tie with a matching purple scarf and a white fedora. Pale blue eyes snapped from side to side as he took in the people that looked right back at him. He pulled the hat off and put on his warmest smile. "Nice and warm in here though!"

He had long black hair that hung down near the center of his back, neatly tied into a pony tail. Two hair strands made up his bangs, hanging down to frame his face. He walked over to the bar and slid onto one of the bar stools, doing his best now to ignore the eyes looking him over. He raised his right hand with one finger extended. "Your finest beer please."

The bartender waited another moment to take the man in before nodding and grabbing a mug. The patron closest to the new arrival, a rather robust man, rapped the wooden bench with his knuckles to get the man's attention. "Hey there. You look like you're coming from some kind of official place. You part of the Magic Council or something?"

The bartender placed the beer in front of the suited man and he held it up, still smiling. "Something like that." He relinquished before taking a sip from the mug.

The patron didn't let up. "What's your name then?"

"Kuro. Kuro Rutsus." He turned in the chair to face the man, draping his right leg over his left. "Say...how much do you weigh?"

It was a strange question, one the man didn't quite know how to react to. "Uh...what?"

"Your weight. What is it?" Kuro asked once more, insisting with a warm smile.

"Like...two hundred twenty pounds or so." He guesstimated with a shrug.

"Interesting..." Kuro mused as he looked the man up and down. He lowered his right hand onto the wooden bar and extended a single finger.

As the finger dropped to touch the wood, the bar exploded into a million pieces. The entire room went into shock as electric bolts, as red as blood, shredded through the wooden fragments towards the bewildered questioner. When they hit him, it sent him soaring through the air and through the wall behind him. His large form was more than enough to rip the wooden frame from its place, reducing it to scraps. The attacked man crashed into the snowy ground and lay still, his form still crackling from the magical attack.

"Now now." Kuro said, raising the same hand up to point at the bartender. He had seen him move, enough to look like he was getting ready to pounce. Electric energy sizzled over his palm and wrapped around his fingers like tiny snakes. "I haven't decided which one of you is going to survive this. Don't lower your chances by attacking me."

He guzzled down his beer in one go, sighing happily as he placed the glass back onto the counter. He glanced at the people in the corner, seeing their terrified faces looking at him. It brought a smirk to his face. He lifted himself off the bar stool and trotted around it to face the group, drawing a circle on his chin with his finger. Then, slowly, he pointed at the woman. "You. Leave. Leave this town and head for Clover. I want you to tell a boy there what you have seen. You'll notice him immediately; blond hair, red coat, rather short. Tell him the only way to save this town is for him to come and come alone. Do you understand?"

The woman eagerly nodded, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

He chuckled. "Well then that's good. But first, let me give you some...incentive to deliver my message." As he finished speaking, his hands came alive with magical energy. And he set his sights on the remaining patrons in the bar, a devilish grin plastered on his features.

Business || 864 words || As Usual

Last edited by Eliot Malpirg on 8th October 2015, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Team Elemental Brigade
    Slade Wallins | Zhi Wuju | Rainn Rollands | Leivinia Rikou

Jobs Completed
    D: 10 | C: 0 | B: 0 | A: 0 | S: 0 | SS: 0 | 10Y: 0 | 100Y: 0

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:
    Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Dragon Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Limits Empty Re: Limits

Post by Eliot Malpirg 7th October 2015, 1:16 am

Episode 15:
    The Slayer

It felt strange to relax. He had been pushing so hard lately. But nonetheless...

"Woohoo!" Eliot whooped as he leapt from the side of the pool, tucking his legs in close to his chest. His swimsuit-covered bottom crashed into the water, followed quickly by the rest of his body, and the impact created a monstrous splash of water that sprayed all over. The thin form of the young Dragon Slayer rippled under the water for a moment before he emerged loudly, giggling like a child.

"That was awesome!" He cried to the ceiling, grinning from ear to ear. He instinctively looked down the length of the large pool for recognition of his totally awesome cannon ball. Unfortunately with it being so late, there was no one to be found. Wasn't that the reason he had been so brave to jump into the pool in the first place?

He sighed and shifted himself in the soothing liquid, lying on his back with his limbs spread out. The water was incredible; he had read that there were healing minerals in it that helped quickly settle injuries, wash away stink and muck and kill off any infestation one might have. It caused a slight tingling sensation all over his body; he was even aware of it on his iron arm.

He glanced over at it, the dark grey appendage half submerged. It didn't float obviously and he had to use his muscles to keep it aligned with his other side. It felt more like an anchor, trying to drag him down under the water. He sighed and turned his head to look away from it. The limb was a double-edged sword; both a blessing and a curse. He could manipulate because of his magic, he could even chew on it if he needed to recover and it was magically linked up to his nerves, thus saving him from truly being one armed. But it was synthetic and no amount of metal manipulation or surgery would change that. The damage to the tendons would have been permanent if not for the doctors grafting it onto his stump. But now that he had used it for so long, those nerves wouldn't move without it.

It was hard on a growing boy. He wanted to experience life to its fullest, float in the water without having to work so damn hard to look normal. Everyone else had their vices but those could be hidden inside. This...this was always there to see.

He groaned and let his legs sink down, his feet skidding on the surface of the bottom. He stood up, the water ending right at his belly button. Once again his mind had betrayed him; work, stress and crutches seemed to find ways into his thoughts when he tried to let everything go. Maybe that was why he worked so hard all the time. It was easier to focus on tasks than nothing.

He ran his real hand through his hair, brushing it back and away from his face. Despite his moment of respite being betrayed by himself, he felt good. His body felt a lot less tense; even his iron arm felt just a bit less heavy. He moved over to the edge of the pool and leaned against it, sighing as he did so.

It was late. He should go get ready for bed. No doubt there would be new job postings in the morning and after this little session by himself, he knew he needed some distractions.

Concluding on going to bed, he pulled himself from the pool in a flash, the water drizzling along the concrete underneath him. He reached over to grab the towel he had brought with him...

When the door suddenly burst open next to him. He yelped in surprise and backpedaled right into the water again. He had about a moment to realize where he was going before he was submerged once more.

He sprang from the water, the veins in his forehead throbbing mightily. "What's the big idea just bursting in like that? You scared me half to death!" He yelled at the intruder, though the water hadn't cleared from his eyes yet.

But when they did, he saw the woman. She had collapsed on the floor upon entering, breathing heavily from running so far. His anger quickly diminished as he pulled himself from the water once more and knelt down next to her. "Ma'am, are you okay?" He asked her.

She looked him over, still gasping for air. "You...are you the boy I've been looking for?"

He blinked. "I'm not sure? I'm Eliot Malpirg. I'm with Blue Pegasus." He explained slowly, hoping that gave her a clue.

It did. "Blond hair. Short. He said I had to come find you."

Any sign of annoyance at his height were halted by the cryptic nature of her words. "He? Who said so?"

"The man from my hometown. He attacked us, murdered my friends. He ordered me to find you and tell you that. And also give you a message."

The Dragon Slayer's blood had nearly cooled into ice, frozen in his veins. "What message?"

"I'm waiting for you, Dragon Slayer. Let the games begin."

WC: 868

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Team Elemental Brigade

Jobs Completed

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:
    Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Eliot Malpirg 7th October 2015, 9:52 pm

It may be a job
    Kuro
    But why not enjoy it?
    The night had gone spectacularly well.

Any fires that were caused by the ensuing carnage had been put out from the evening's snowfall. Tiny rivulets of smoke rose up towards the sky here and there but for the most part, the town looked as normal as ever. Kuro had done a wonderful job of limiting his damage; he didn't want to take the chance that someone would come along and investigate a town that had been suspiciously burned. The less bodies he had to drop the better.

He may enjoy his job but he was not a psychopath. Unnecessary murder was bad for business.

He stared out at the town from the bay window, sighing happily as the morning's rays began to creep through the glass pane. He disliked cold weather; for some reason he could never easily find himself comfortable. He preferred the comfort of the hillsides. Rolling green hills, warm calming air, the smell of undisturbed nature. He would take that job any day of the week.

Yet he was a slave to his job and had to go where he was required. And though he could have used a much nicer location for this particular job, he knew it would be easier if he drew the young wizard here. It was foreign, it was secluded and any fallout from the conclusion could easily be swept away as collateral damage. It was easier to hide the remnants of a mining town in the snowy wastes than anywhere else.

He turned away from the window and looked in at the group of people he had gathered. Forty men, women and children sat huddled around one another. They were shivering; not just from the frigid air but the terror that filled their forms. Near the entryway lay three bodies, unmoving and quite clearly dead. The burn marks on their faces was a testament to what had happened to them.

He stared at the group for a moment with a heavy frown. And then he smiled, like nothing wrong was happening. "You all seem a little shaken. Why don't we start up that fireplace and see if we can't warm you guys up?" He nodded to the stone-walled fireplace that sat near them. The wood inside of it was heavily charred and unusable but the furniture from the meeting hall would suffice for timber. The man in the suit grabbed the closest chair and snapped it over his knee, causing a few of the civilians to gasp. He ignored this of course and tossed the pieces onto the dead hearth, pushing away the old logs to make way for the new ones.

He reached inside his jacket and pulled out a lighter. Kuro snapped the lid open and pulled down on the ignition, sparking a low flame. He reached in and held it to the pieces of wood, waiting until it caught to retract his lighter. Then, using the fireplace poker, he directed the lit piece of wood under the others so that it would create the appropriate chain reaction. Within moments the hearth was alive and crackling, spreading heat instantly.

He chuckled as he looked back at the group over his shoulder. "See? I'm not such a bad guy. I could have just let you freeze to death." He told them as he continued to tend to the flames.

"You're a monster. You killed our friends, our family." One of the men stood up, his hands balling into fists.

Kuro wagged his free finger at him. "I believe the correct term is I defended myself against your friends and family. They attacked me first. I simply protected my well being." He explained.

"What about the people in the bar?" One of the women asked, clutching a small boy to her chest.

He groaned slightly as he tried to think of a proper excuse. He came up with nothing. "That was a little different. They served a purpose." He relented and dropped the poker next to the fireplace. He turned to face them completely, holding his hands up in front of him. "What can I say? They were marked as acceptable losses."

"Acceptable losses?! You bastard!" The previous man started, stomping forward a few steps.

He may have continued had it not been for the crimson electricity that suddenly surged into Kuro's hand and crackled along his skin. It froze the man on the spot. Yet in spite of the dangerous display, the man in the white suit kept his smile. "Let's just calm down, shall we? I promise you that their deaths are for your benefit." He kept his hand up until the man backpedaled and slunk back into his seat. Then with a quick shake, the sparks disappeared.

"Are...are you some kind of wizard?" A little girl, a few years younger than Eliot, asked with fearful curiosity.

He looked down at her and smiled. "Yes I am. A very powerful wizard. A Slayer to be exact."

Her eyes almost brightened in awe yet were still weighed down by the horror of what the man had done. "Like...a Dragon Slayer?"

His lips parted further, changing his grin into a more devilish one. "Something like that."

Business || 865 words || As Usual

Team Elemental Brigade

Jobs Completed

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:
    Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Eliot Malpirg 8th October 2015, 11:37 pm

Episode 15:
    The Slayer

Should he have taken off without help? It seemed like a bad idea.

Eliot walked along the trail in front of him, his eyes transfixed on the horizon. His burlap pack was slung over his right shoulder, clapping against his back with every step he took. All it held in it was a fur lined jacket, an exact copy of the one he now wore minus the frill. It was a gentle but constant reminder of the realm he was heading to, along with the choice he had made.

The woman hailed from the north, a small mining town in the Silent Glaciers that the young wizard had never heard of. She told him the story the best she could; between sobs and exhaustion, she had little energy to speak. But she told him of the location, narrowing it down to a spot on a map. With that and the message, the Iron Dragon Slayer felt he had everything he needed to go on.

But he was still hesitant. A man in a white suit was looking for him, challenging him to come north. He had already slain a number of men and women just to get his point across. And exactly why was he targeting Eliot? He couldn't think of anyone he had scorned thus far that would have it out for him. Perhaps the bandits that he and Slade had taken down...

But they hadn't been this ruthless. They had almost been downright sloppy. Whoever this was had clear training and was motivated to challenge the boy's limits in letting innocents pay the price. The very thought caused his blood to boil.

He should have told someone. He left a note for the members in Blue Pegasus, telling them he was going on a job up north. But he should have asked for help. What was the point of joining a guild if he couldn't actively use the members for assistance. Leaving and going ahead himself was not smart.

But he simply couldn't wait. The man, who the woman had remembered was named Kuro, was challenging him now. And he had to answer.

Or more lives would be lost.

WC: 361

Team Elemental Brigade

Jobs Completed

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:
    Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Eliot Malpirg 15th October 2015, 12:37 am

It may be a job
    Kuro
    But why not enjoy it?
    "He is coming."

Kuro's voice was soft, barely spoken above a whisper. He was staring out the window once more, his face hardened. For a good part of the afternoon he had spent talking with the townspeople, like one normally would as a visitor. It didn't seem to faze him that the people only answered him because he was a dangerous wizard that held them captive. Kuro believed small talk made the time pass and he didn't care who was around; he would engage them.

The fire had grown low a few times and he had to make scrap out of the furniture lying around him. It hadn't occurred to him that this was the town hall until he began tossing the rooms that surrounded them. He had quickly grown bored with the frantic, fearful talk of the peasants and began to search for something to keep his attention until his quarry arrived. The town ledger and a few other important documents had come to light as he worked his way through desks and offices. Upon questioning, the mayor of the small mining town was quick to present himself. He was proud of his meager title and did his best to keep Kuro's attention on him. He hoped that by talking rationally he could arrange that others could be set free while he stayed a hostage.

A ridiculous notion, of course, and one that Kuro didn't see any reason to follow through on. He was merely surprised that such a tiny, unimportant place such as this had a town hall. But from the outside one couldn't tell; it looked like every other small building in town. But that wasn't his problem.

He had cracked a window only a few minutes ago to get some fresh air when he smelled something different on the wind. From the moment he got here he could identity the smells in the air. Coal, ice, snow, flesh and blood; all of these things were strong in the small town. But now there was a new flavor to try, a new smell to inhale. It was faint at first but enough of a difference that it kept him at the window.

It wasn't until it had moved close that he could remember it. The boy had come, heeding the beckon he had sent. His frigid, stony features quickly softened and spread as he smiled wide. He turned back to the hostages and clapped his hands together, causing a good number of them to jump.

"Good news everyone! My mission's end is close at hand." He said, rubbing his hands eagerly together. "Now this is most likely the last time we will meet so I just want to clarify a few things before we go. You've all been great; personally I'd commend you further but I haven't the time or the wealth to do so. But once I leave through that door, I ask that you wait until everything outside has grown quiet before you attempt to break free. Else you could wander right into the middle of a battle and be mercilessly butchered. I'm a bit of a showman so I tend to go for broke. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the rest of your lives in this quaint little town and, once again, thank you for your cooperation."

He moved around the group of people, pulling his dress jacket tighter around him as he did so. The people of this town immediately left his mind and he switched it over to preparation mode. He knew his enemy inside and out; there was no way he could fail in his mission. But he still wanted to be ready. He placed a hand against the door and tossed one more look at the group of civilians, signaling at them with a two-fingered salute.

And then he pushed through, ready to begin the ending of Eliot Malpirg's life.

Business || 650 words || As Usual

Team Elemental Brigade

Jobs Completed

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:
    Eliot Malpirg
    Eliot Malpirg

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Eliot Malpirg 17th October 2015, 2:01 pm

Episode 15:
    The Slayer

Holy mackerel it was freezing up here!

His hands had instinctively flew to his armpits, digging themselves into the tight space in an effort to save some of his diminishing heat. Even with his gloves on it felt like needles were repeatedly being shoved into his skin. He remembered winters in Oshibana were rough but nothing compared to this!

Eliot kept his attention forward, despite his chattering teeth. The path had long disappeared under the rising snow, though the signs pointing to the mining town remained above the drifts. He used these for directions and continued on, a shivering mass of flesh and iron.

Speaking of the heavy metal, his right arm was beginning to burn his shoulder and sides. It was adapting to the cold and, by doing so, the arm itself was becoming almost too cold to touch. But it was attached directly to his shoulder and place where the two were connected had ached since he entered the freezing region. He would have to find some heat soon and warm the metal up, else he was going to have a severe case of frost bite.

No. He would have to worry about that later. He could see the town near the horizon, the first set of buildings peaking over the edge. His gait sped up a bit, despite his body wanting to shut down instead. The thought of the people, trapped or captured or worse, pushed him beyond his physical limits. He bit back his exhaustion with a sneer and pressed on.

He was surprised as he approached to find that none of the buildings were on fire. Based on what the woman had said, he was sure this Kuro would have caused significant more damage. But everything looked in place, albeit rather on the small side. He imagined that the men and women of a mining town didn't require much room. They had jobs that kept them at work all day and then the lot of them either went home to sleep or went to the bar. The larger houses, the ones near the center, were probably saved for those families with children. His fists clenched at the thought that young ones were also being held captive.

It didn't take him long to reach the town's borders and he crossed into village on guard. He had been summoned here by a dangerous man; there was no telling what traps he could have lain in the time it took to get him here. He moved over to the closest building and tossed his pack onto the porch, relieving himself of the extra weight. He was just turning to continue forward when a scent suddenly invaded his nostrils. He sniffed it hard, sucking it down into his lungs and acquiring the taste of it. And it was not pleasant; it smells foul, like a wild animal on the hunt.

"Well it looks like you finally made it here. Faster than I anticipated honestly." The voice caught his attention and he turned to face it. A man with long black hair stood down the road, staring at him with ice cold eyes. His suit matched the snowy surroundings, making him nearly invisible against the backdrop. His face and the green scarf around his neck set him apart.

Eliot's body tensed up. "Are you Kuro?"

"That I am. Kuro Rustus." He introduced himself, plucking his hat from his head and swinging it down in front of him as he bowed. It was rather grandiose for a man who was threatening the lives of an entire village. Then again, if one is sure in their abilities, they allow themselves to be confident. "And you are Eliot Malpirg, the Iron Dragon Slayer."

"I'm here now; you can let the rest of the people go!" The young wizard yelled.

"Not quite, my young lad. They have orders to stay in their lodgings until the battle is done. I've only harmed those I had to; everyone else is safe inside the town hall." He turned slightly to point down to the building in the center of the town, while placing his hat back upon his head. "There will only be one more person that loses their life today." He didn't say who but his eyes flickering back to Eliot and his wry smirk was enough of an answer.

The Dragon Slayer snarled. "Who are you really? Why are you doing this?"

"Ah I guess it doesn't matter if I tell you or not, you'll just be taking the knowledge to your grave." Kuro said with a snicker. "I work for an organization that purveys Lost magic to certain clientele. No doubt you've heard of the lacrima that contains all sorts of old world magic? Dragon Slayer lacrima, God Slayer lacrima; all of them are products that we supply. A booming business no doubt but one that presents a problem. You don't call a magic 'Lost' for no reason; it generally lives up to its fact of being forgotten. Dragons are nearly impossible to track and don't get me started on Gods and Demons. But the Slayers are much easier; they're public, they're involved in the world. Their adventures are broadcast in the papers like the tales of heroes. And its from them that we can find our source of Lost magic. Before your life burns away, we can capture your magical power into a lacrima. And then...sell it for a profit."

His words struck Eliot deep. This man hunted Dragon Slayers and others, just to murder them and take their magic? There was an entire organization that condoned these actions so that they could earn more jewels? Bile slithered into his throat, making him sick to his stomach. "You're disgusting." He murmured through his anger and disgust.

"There are a lot worse people out there than me, Eliot. Unfortunately you won't be able to see them." His right hand rose up and crimson electricity sparked to life in his palm. Not even a blink later, it was soaring right at the Iron Dragon Slayer.

WC: 1011

Team Elemental Brigade

Jobs Completed

Limits Jio0v7
    Spoiler:

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 3:22 am