Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Housekeeping by an Android

Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 
    Lineage : Oblivion's Might
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : An Unnamed Professor
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Pandemonium Shift
    Second Skill: - - -
    Third Skill:

Housekeeping by an Android Empty Housekeeping by an Android

Post by Labyrs 2nd January 2015, 6:32 am

Job: Housekeeping!
    Job Location: Clover Town
    Player Requirements: Max group of two. 5 posts each, at least. 150 words minimum per post
    Job Requirements: One D-rank mage or higher; Solve all of the clients dilemmas.
    Job Description: "I'm going away on vacation and I just can't find a house maintenance done while I'm gone, please, will anyone out there help me. Watch out for Frank though, he's the neighbors dog that always finds a way in somehow, as long as you keep out of sight, but find a way to stop him from coming back without killing him. Also, there's a pesky fly problem. And finally, I have a leaky roof. Good luck! "
    Enemies:
    If "Boss" is rolled, it also counts as Strong. If "Normal" is rolled it counts as weak.
    Strong; Frank is pretty strong against D-rank mages, so he's a bit of a challenge, he runs very fast for a dog and has the biting pressure of a crocodile.
    Weak; They are flys, they are annoyingly fast and small, making them hard to hit. Weakness to lightning and bug zappers.
    Reward: 1,250 jewels each

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Housekeeping by an Android Sig1_zps160ad023
    Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Housekeeping by an Android Empty Re: Housekeeping by an Android

Post by Labyrs 3rd January 2015, 12:09 am

Within a wide stretch of forestry, the highest branch of a tall tree was occupied by a family of robins. "I cannot understand how humans keep track of it." and one android who was bound to watch time flow by from a back seat. Under her metallic fingers is a golden pocket watch, it's shine dull against the sunlight after being on the receiving end of gravel and soil. The android twiddled it idly, tracing out the scratches on the clock's dirty surface. "Is there a dire need to record 'time' with things like this?" the android said, to no one in particular, although frivolously tossing it to the birds sitting warm and comfortable in a mottled nest. Her eyes are a lonely blue color as they stared at the small family, snuggling up in each other's feathers.

"Perhaps I will find the answer if I look for signs of settlement, it might lead me to actual humans." The mother bird had seemingly caught on to what the android wanted to convey, this is what she noticed as it flew by. It's wings frantically flapped around a clearing among the gathering of trees, it was a very subtle difference. But not anything less than a message, and the machine could read it with ease. She was very good at reading messages. "I understand. There is a pathway over there that leads to human settlement. I shall follow it then."

The mother bird seemed pleased, moving it's beak to a delightful tune that made the android's heart flutter in unison. Her lip modules had to smile for it, for it was connected to her heart in a significant way. "Thank you for your kindness." is what she said out of practice, but more so, it felt proper for the android to give a token of her gratitude.

"I shall be on my way. It was very nice meeting you. I hope your family stays well." Her synthetic, plastic gaze looked back at the birds as they too, watch her with the eyes that were made to be filled with actual life. Even then, the machine felt a sincere emotion, it made her feel insignificant, a stranger in the forest. The android stretched her legs, and made her down the high tree. Branch by branch like a stairway, it wasn't too difficult for something like her. She had to be wary of the potential 'time' she had to find what she was looking for. She opted to find it as soon as possible.

"I cannot process these feelings. I must find the answer."

The forest was a lonely, green place. It had nothing to bear, no voices, no secrets. Perhaps it used an ancient language of the earth that whistles through the roots of the trees. It was a language too foreign for something made of metal. She could hear it with her ears, but it wasn't anything she could understand. However, even before she had come to such a place, she knew she'll find some things on her way that would defy her comprehension. The world was far too complex like that.

She was following a light, a light that grew stronger as she followed the decreasing density of the forest trees. It wasn't a long journey. The android had already seen many sights, some harmful, some confusing, somethings not worth her time. She had traveled a great ordeal long before she had come to the forest. This was only a small part of the life she was born to live. But that was a remotely different subject, it would be better to think of other things. At least, that was what the android thought.

The sun had come in contact with the cold metal of her arms, and it felt warm. And at that time she knew she had come as far enough to notice a dirty pathway. The grass had dwindled away from it, from the times it had been run over by foot, wheel or hooves. "This must be a human road." she told herself, nodding slowly. However for her, stepping out of the darkness hanging among the trees is a plight waiting to happen.

For down the hilly slope of the path, a carriage was fast approaching, with it's passenger fuming red.

"What is it with these people?!" The man threw a few papers out the window, "Don't they have any sense of gratitude?!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Labyrs 3rd January 2015, 2:53 am

His name was Didan. His last name didn't matter to him anymore, in that town, he was known as Didan the Furnace. The people had given him that nickname for it suited him quite nicely in many ways. He was a talented blacksmith, one trained by his father, just like how every other story goes. But his work wasn't like any other craft. People noticed that the things he created were extremely durable, even over time. The swords and shields might have collected dust, been soaked in damp and cold places, forgotten and left to the dust of the world, yet they'd remain in-tact -shining, glorious, almost like they were infused with ever lasting youth.

Some say that the young man pours a bit of his heart and soul into the metal, a work of magic, as some whisper it to be. No one really did try to find out. They were satisfied with that impression because as far as his story drags along, it was the only plausible fact. After all, how else could they understand him, when the quality of his work started declining after the death of his wife?

On that day, the folks believed he lost everything. Half his heart, half his soul, half of his motivation and craftsmanship.

Didan edged back into his seat as he felt the carriage go over a few bumps, making it rock around for a bit or two. He couldn't blame the coachmen for that, even if he wanted to. He thought it would be better for him to build his walls again, since Didan knew that being stuck in a state of decline wouldn't help at all. A break from the town, somewhere quiet, where time could work it's magic on him was all the young blacksmith asked for. The only reason for his impending headache and insatiable anger, however, is the way his fellowmen disregarded many of his pleads to take care of his run-down home. Those letters in reply were nothing but tiny alibis to get out their way of taking care of a widowed man's empty house. They were better off thrown away, anyway.

Some time before, he had to resort to putting up a page of his journal as a job offer, the words scribbled deep and messy. However, Didan was never a patient man. He took off even before someone could go help him. This was his problem.

"If I waited....would it have been different?" he mumbled, his voice hollow and empty, just as it has always been these past few, depressing months. Didan watches the forest drive by him with dark eyes, darker circles ringing the skin beneath them. His gaze is cold, and strict, unloving to the greenery as he threw his hat off in annoyance, feeling his head getting hotter and hotter. He started to wonder if his nickname "The Furnace" meant other things.

"Tch. Whatever."

He wasn't very good at playing sorrowful. He hated feeling that way.

Bump. Blug. Blug.

But then, he realized he also hated the road the carriage decided to take, why was it so bumpy?

CRASH.

Didan felt the impact in a way that threw him off his seat, thrashing him around violently inside the carriage. "W--whu the-...?!"

Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Labyrs 10th January 2015, 3:06 am

The carriage stirred into a clumpy, narrow space between two trees and a rock. The horses were driven crazy with fear, with the coachman backed up against his seat, panting heavily in his distress. He had reared his horses from trampling over an innocent young girl who stood at the very center of the road. But only God could explain why she was there in the first place, her blue eyes in a daze even if she saw the carriage running straight into her. The poor lad rubbed the sweat off his brow, hoping from the comfort of the driver's seat to check on his passenger. He was close to tearing the carriage door off from it's hinges if it wasn't forced open with a pointed leather shoe.

Didan casually stepped out, a stern frown marking his face as he straightened out the wrinkles in his old coat. His voice was not too far from boiling out in rage, but not too close to being cold, either. It was something in between. It was something that made the coachman as scared as his horses. "Young man, can you tell me why we crashed into the forest?" his driver tipped his hat a bit to avoid the shockingly powerful gaze his client was giving him, it didn't help him, and he most certainly did not need to look like he was pitiful. He has a perfectly acceptable excuse -"Sir, I was about to run over a young g-..."

Before he could finish, and before Didan started questioning the coachman's logic, something heavy taps against the blacksmith's shoulder. It made him cringe from the weight. A reflection of the sun beamed into the corners of his eyes from the bright golden shine that tore through his vision. The blacksmith blinks twice to clear the light, "I believe I was the primary reason for this event." only to open his eyes wide to the sound of a static voice. Needless to say, he had to look before he spoke. Didan groaned from his self-inflicted pain.

The android watched the human under her fake synthetic lashes, sensing intense discomfort. She moved from what her limbs, and quite possibly her emotions, told her to do. Her legs bent, and her arms swing to a quick, sweeping motion. She caught the human, whom she addressed in her mind as the one in pain, and carried him in her steel-cold arms. Her due actions were to place him somewhere safe, perhaps tend to his wounds. It is what she's been taught, it's what she keeps in her heart, it's what she's notably good at -noticing other's people distress. The android notices a lot of things. She also saw how he had incredibly wide, lavender eyes, and skin pale like the snow that falls on a winter day.

Which was actually just Didan in shock.

"Sir," the couchmen said slowly, blinking in amazement, "I....think she may the cause of all this."

Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Labyrs 10th January 2015, 5:02 am

Didan knew how to time his feelings well. He was precise, and never indecisive. He was strict with myself like how he was strict with everyone around him. People told him he wasn't such a pessimistic man when he had a life with Lorea. But all he could give them was a cruel gaze, for they had no space to invade in his affairs, in his heart. There was too much to think of, more so than anything trivial. He does, however, have a limitation. Just like all humans, Didan is humiliated once in a while. When he does, his blood rushes from his feet to his head.

He felt dizzy against the burning sunlight and the ice-like sensation crawling up his back. But his voice manages somehow, it croaks like the frogs in his backyard on a starry night.

"...What....are you?"

The robot had already settled the human underneath the shade of an old tree, cool and comforting  was what she deduced. It seemed that her expectations were out of range, however, watching the human male shake in an distressed manner. Perhaps it was better if she tended to his inquisitions. She stood in front of him, tall, dirty, and still. She mustered the best of her humanity to present herself in the most formal way possible. One that the two humans would understand. Although she considered the one with the straw hat a human too, the one with the purple eyes was her priority.

"My name's Aigis, I am very pleased to meet you all."

The echoes in the forest are but dead histories of many events that happened to pass by it. Just like how humans acquire memories but fail to truly keep all of them. Perhaps this meeting was nothing different, just another memory bound to be buried time and time again. But 'Aigis' always wished they'd remember her, for she had an incredible high-grade processor that made her remember things too well. Her hardrive is more than capable of storing tiny moments like this, they didn't take up much space. Aigis hardly threw anything out of her internal memory, she was somewhat attached to them.

"I am....an android. I am a machine. I am a machine with a heart."

For a machine with a heart, Aigis wants to experience many things.

Labyrs
    Labyrs

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Labyrs 10th January 2015, 9:22 pm

There is a familiar rustle of dried grass as a second flew by. It wasn't the winds blowing low, however, it was just Didan standing up from where he had been placed. Aigis still watched him, carefully, endearing in every way. It made him a little too uncomfortable to be in that kind of situation. Yet he couldn't help notice the android's parts. A blacksmith always has a good eye for fine handicraft, after all, and the robot's hinges and gears made his eyes swell in amazement.

The things humans made nowadays. It astounds him.

He's heard of robots like her, but not on a daily basis. He came across his friend Wilson who was a machine enthusiast one day, and Wilson was enthusiastic about the possibility of creating something that worked and thought independently. But Didan was also a very realistic man, he merely offered Wilson a laugh, a pat on the back, and some freshly-bought whiskey. Wilson, on the other hand, never talked about it again. Perhaps he had put a damper on his friend's eagerness. Who knows?

More importantly, though, he had a trip prepared for him at the harbor. He didn't want to waste time. "You certainly are a well-made android, I applaud your creator for making such fine metal-work." he smiled at her, an action so foreign that the sensation tasted bitter in his mouth, or probably just a bit of blood from his lips. Regardless, he didn't smile very often. He hoped Aigis would remember that smile. He believed she would. Didan grabbed the hat that had fallen on the road, dusting it off with ease. He turned to see what her reaction to his words, but all he gets is an android still as the shadows around her. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Aigis didn't want to remember anything about her past at that moment. She first had to find the answer.

The young blacksmith poured a sigh into the cold air as some clouds hide the sun's light, again, the situation grew too complicated. He laid a hand against the golden fixings that made her shoulders, feeling the lack of warmth, and seemingly feeling satisfied with the truth. From the corner of his eyes, his coachmen was expressing his concern for why she was in the middle of the road in the first place by whispering right into his ear. How he got close to him was something he didn't want to question. He too, wanted to know that. But there were other things on his mind.

"Why did you carry me, by the way, Aigis?"

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 12:29 pm