Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Character Development and exp. improvement (A suggestion discussion)

Hiro Villenn
    Hiro Villenn

Villain- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul of Belial
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Character Development and exp. improvement (A suggestion discussion) Empty Character Development and exp. improvement (A suggestion discussion)

Post by Hiro Villenn 26th March 2014, 11:07 pm

As many of you may have noticed...I have an obsession with developing my characters and making them better(or worse) as people. However there is no reward for improving upon your characters character...or worsening...lets go with developing. Improving on ones character means almost nothing here. You can stay absolutely the same from the day you start rping here to the day you become S-rank as a person with absolutely nothing happening in between.

There should be ways to reward good rping and good development of characters rather than just spamming missions to get stronger. Many of us enjoy fairy tail and love rping but we're pushed away by having to do MASSIVE amounts of missions time after time as the only means of getting stronger.

I have a few ideas to give development a place in the improvement of strength.

Recommendations:

1. Fight/Training exp: Gaining experience by training with a person of higher rank or fighting members of equal rank. The better the thread(and development before hand) gives you more experience. This sort of thing would require a show of a few threads(hell one would probably do the trick) showing how this came about as nobody just comes up and says "TRAIN ME!" and the other person says "OKAY LETS GO TO THE FOREST AND TRY TO AVOID GETTING EATEN BY MONSTER GORILLAS!" for no apparent reason. Even being a member of the same guild isn't reason enough to train someone.

2. Great post Exp: Giving a utterly fantastic and enthralling post that is so well done that somebody(not you) actually recommended giving experience for it. Admins and mods would determine how much which would range from 0 to 200 in increments of 5, most ranging between 10 - 50. Minimum word counts would be required and the same for every rank. More or less it would have to be a post that not only develops your own character but perhaps your partners character as well and perhaps a post that could shake the entire ftrp world and turn it on its head!

I recommend this because I've seen a lot of posts that I loved and meant something but they get absolutely nothing for their hard work (no I probably can't pull off a lot of these at least nothing outside the typical range I mentioned). I want to reward those who not only push themselves but really engage in the story.

3. bounties and such: If such a system were passed giving experience for capturing somebody would warrant giving exp based on the rank of their bounty(not their personal rank).

4. Plot exp: involving yourself in the site plot or guild plot gives you exp. Would help bring guilds together and keep members from flip flopping so much. Pretty sure you do something along these lines and I just never saw it. If you don't you need to.

5. Of the months: Stuff like player of the month, most improved of the month, thread of the month. etc. Or even of the year. Give small amount of experience to victors. Would require a lot of thought and consideration where I've seen it done can work and has worked but can be irritating when people want more freedom to consider or when people start friend spamming their considerations rather than recommending somebodies whose far more worthy. small exp boosts for otm and larger ones for oty if done.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Ways of improving upon my suggestions as this was written at 2:00 in the morning? More suggestions.

I'd also recommend that the more methods of getting experience you create you'll probably want to raise the rank up experience necessary slightly(not a lot but slightly) Like if you do one of these don't. If you do two...boost a c-rank rank up from 150 to 175.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hiro Dialogue
    Mephistopheles Dialogue
    Hiro Thoughts

Character Development and exp. improvement (A suggestion discussion) Hiro%27s+Siggy

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 3:56 pm