Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Meeting Morgan Spruance

Leonidas Jarnefeldt
    Leonidas Jarnefeldt

Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 412,677

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Wind Force Magic
    Second Magic: Rex Aetheres
    Third Magic:

Meeting Morgan Spruance Empty Meeting Morgan Spruance

Post by Leonidas Jarnefeldt 24th November 2022, 12:28 am

Job Details:

Job Sign-Up: Page 1, Post Number 14

Last edited by Leonidas Jarnefeldt on 24th November 2022, 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leonidas Jarnefeldt
    Leonidas Jarnefeldt

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Meeting Morgan Spruance Empty Re: Meeting Morgan Spruance

Post by Leonidas Jarnefeldt 24th November 2022, 1:57 am

-Capital Crocus, Leonidas' apartment, 9:26 A.M.-

Lying on his couch which doubled as his bed, Leonidas woke up to find that the television was still on and the show had changed from a mecha anime to an anime about street racing that was playing obnoxiously loud electronic music as a cherry red sports car drifted through a curve. The scar-faced mage looked to his left and saw that his Silver Falchion was still propped against his coffee table. Since he could not go back to sleep it was time to get up and look for a job.

Leonidas sat up on the couch and faced the television, not even paying attention to the anime that was on the screen. It was just background noise. He looked at the white plastic plate sitting in the middle of the coffee table and found a half-eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich sitting there with a large chunk of it missing. He remembered that he had taken a bite of it around midnight before putting it aside to watch television for a bit and realized that he had not eaten it completely. He rectified that mistake by grabbing it with his left hand and beginning to eat the rest of the sandwich then and there.

Mmmm... half-day old peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

It was a meal that nothing else could compare to.

Leonidas had just finished the cold sandwich when he heard knocking on his door. He wiped the crumbs off of his white t-shirt and olive green cargo pants and walked over to the door, then opened it to find Samantha Halsey standing there. Leonidas looked to her left and saw another girl standing beside Samantha, a short-haired brunette with blue eyes.

"Hey Leonidas! This is my friend Morgan Spruance!" Samantha enthusiastically greeted Leonidas. Morgan waved at Leonidas, who waved back. He was not expecting company this early in the morning, but he was in a good enough mood to be friendly.

"Hi Leonidas! I'm Morgan! While walking here Samantha told me a lot about you and told me that you're Leona's older brother!" Morgan greeted him.

"You heard right, Morgan. Leona's my younger sister." Leonidas acknowledged the connection to his more famous sibling. Morgan smiled brightly.

"You probably get this a lot, but I can see the resemblance. The green eyes and the blond hair are two giveaways." Morgan commented on the two physical traits that the Jarnefeldt siblings shared.

"I do get that a lot, but it's still true." Leonidas commented without bitterness. While the Jarnefeldt siblings were considerably different in terms of temperament and appearance, they shared green eyes and blond hair. That was something the brother and sister had in common.

"My friend Morgan needs help with something, Leonidas. She needs someone to make sure that she gets to Magnolia Town safely. She's worried about bandits on the road and since she's not a mage or a fighter she'll need protection from them." Samantha explained why the two young women were at his door so early in the morning. Leonidas did not take long to decide whether to help them or not.

"I'm willing to help. I just need to get my sword and my backpack." Leonidas told Samantha and Morgan. He was always up for travel. He just needed to get his gear first and he would be ready to go when Morgan was.

"Great!" Samantha exclaimed. Leonidas turned to go back inside and shut his door when Samantha called out to him and he stopped. He turned to face the blonde.

"Mind if we come inside your apartment for a few minutes?" Samantha asked Leonidas. Samantha and Morgan looked at him while awaiting his decision.

"Sure." Leonidas answered and opened the door wide to let his guests in. Once they were inside he shut the door behind them.

Morgan Spruance:

[Post Word Count: 642]
    [Total Word Count: 642/11,000]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leonidas Jarnefeldt
    Leonidas Jarnefeldt

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Meeting Morgan Spruance Empty Re: Meeting Morgan Spruance

Post by Leonidas Jarnefeldt 25th November 2022, 2:05 am

-Inside Leonidas' apartment-

Leonidas had not been expecting Samantha and Morgan to enter his home, but he was not going to turn them down. He was going to be a good host even though he had little to offer them in terms of food, drink, or comfortable seating arrangements. He looked at Samantha and Morgan, who were examining his apartment with what looked like a critical eye. Their eyes went over the furnishings, the window curtain, and everything about the scar-faced mage's living space.

"This place's kinda small." Samantha said aloud. Morgan nodded in agreement.

"It's a small place for the brother of a Wizard Saint to live in." Morgan chimed in. Leonidas was a little annoyed by that assessment because he got the impression that they were expecting him to be finanically supported by his sister, but he kept his mouth shut because he did not want to alienate them, especially Samantha.

"It's not what I was expecting, but it's fairly clean and the furniture's not too badly beaten up. That's pretty good" Samantha added. Leonidas took another hit to his pride when he heard that remark. He had arrived in Fiore months ago and had not yet earned enough money for a bigger place to live, so he was doing the best he could on a tight budget.

"We'd better quit critiquing his house and talk to him about our trip to Magnolia Town." Morgan suggested to the other blonde while looking at their host. Leonidas was frowning a little, but he was not angry at them... yet. Despite the scar on his face he was not someone who was quick to anger.

"Oh, right! Good idea!" Samantha exclaimed. She made eye contact with Leonidas.

"Like I said earlier, Morgan's not a mage and she doesn't own any weapons, so she's going to need protection from bandits while on the road to Magnolia Town. We're not expecting any bandits to attack you on the road during the day, but when it's night it's a different story." Samantha quickly changed the subject from a critique of Leonidas' house to the details of the job. Leonidas' irritation quickly disappeared as he listened to what he was being told. He was not afraid to get his hands dirty. He was also not afraid of the dark.

"Are there any areas we need to be careful in while we travel?" Leonidas asked Samantha. The blonde shrugged her shoulders.

"I can't tell you anything specific because there's no predicting when or where bandits strike. You two will just have to be careful while you travel." Samantha informed Leonidas. The scar-faced mage was not deterred by that lack of information. He had grown up in Desierto, so he was used to unexpected bandit attacks.

"OK." Leonidas said in response. He walked over to the coffee table and grabbed his Silver Falchion, then put it into its scabbard. He attached the scabbard to his left hip and then found the television remote. He took it into his right hand and pointed it at the television, then turned off the device before setting the remote down on the bottom right corner of the coffee table. Leonidas would need to go to the room that would have been his bedroom if he had a bed to get his backpack.

"I'm going to get my backpack. Once I have it I'll be ready to go." Leonidas told Samantha and Morgan before walking towards the back of his house to grab the last piece of gear he needed for the trip.

-In Leonidas' bedroom-

Leonidas walked into the empty bedroom he was using as a storage place for his weapons and clothing. It was a small bedroom with no window to the outside world and it could stand to be cleaned up a little more because of the cobwebs hanging from the corners of the ceiling, but that could wait. He had more important things to do than housekeeping.

Leonidas walked over to his closet and opened the door. Inside was his meager wardrobe hanging on plastic hangers on the rack and his backpack on the top shelf. He reached up and grabbed the backpack with his left hand, then reached for his olive green jacket with his right hand. He was probably going to need it when nighttime came.

Leonidas set the backpack onto the floor and used both hands to take the jacket off of the hanger before putting the empty hanger back on the rack. He shut the closet door and slung the jacket across his left shoulder, then picked up the backpack in his right hand and headed back for his living room. He would talk to the pair of young women because he had good reason to believe that Morgan needed to go to her place and get her gear together before she and Leonidas set out for Magnolia Town.

[Post Word Count: 816]
    [Total Word Count: 1,458/11,000]

Current date/time is 27th November 2022, 5:37 am