Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Embers in the sand [EVENT]

Nymara
    Nymara

Player 
    Lineage : Prodigy of Nyx
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Akeya
    Experience : 2,625

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Embers in the sand [EVENT] - Page 2 Empty Re: Embers in the sand [EVENT]

Post by Nymara 23rd September 2021, 1:36 am

Nymara was sure not to say anything else as her mentor continued to inspect the strange object around her neck. It was an odd trinket to be sure, but the fire slayer had never really given it that much thought. Perhaps her natural shortsightedness was the reason for her usual indifference to the amulet. However the fact that Akemi seemed so interested made the redhead begin to wonder. It had been a while since she gave it much thought, but the object had been so insignificant in her daily life that it became nearly irrelevant. That is until situations like beach limbo remind Nymara that it still exists.

Before long Akemi seemed satisfied with her assessment and dropped interest, which signaled Nym to do the same. When she mentioned the noodle place her fanged grin grew wide "Oh yeah! I used to pass through Hargeon all the time when I was a solo wizard!" Nymara said cheerfully, walking up the beach and towards the town. "I also know where all the best bars and uh.. fighting rings are. If you're into that sort of thing." Nymara said with a slight laugh, hinting at her pastime hobby of bareknuckle boxing. "Just tell me when and we can come back here anytime to do a pub crawl!" She said happily. Truth be told Nym wasn't exactly sure if Akemi would ever take her up on that offer, seeing as the last time she tried to drink with the twilight dragon she stiffly refused. Oh well, if Akemi didn't wanna drink that would still be fine, she could just watch Nym down a pint at every stop.

Nymara's back stiffened slightly when the subject of payment came up. Slowly turning around to face her mentor, Nym blushed slightly, looking at her person. "hmm.. not sure if I have any jewel on me." she mumbled between Akemi's words. "Oh thank you! I- I'll earn some quick cash in one of the rings and pay you back later!" She said with a bow.

Eventually they made it to the noodle shop in question, which turned out to be right along a rocky cliff on the edge of town, overlooking the calm sea. "Haha! You're gonna love this place, they can give you as many noodles as you want!" She said with excitement. As they approached the chef within the window saw the vibrant red hair of the dragon slayer and panicked. His current stock would not be enough to satisfy this familiar customer. "So tell me, you like noodles?" Nym asked as she lifted herself up on the counter and reached over to grab a bottle underneath before pulling off the cap and taking a drink.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Hic Sunt Dracones
    Mentor : Whedalsin
    Experience : 18,930

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Second Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic
    Third Magic: Twilight Dragon Magic

Post by Akeya 26th September 2021, 7:27 am

Akemi rolled her eyes when Nymara mentioned the fighting rings. "I'm not unfamiliar with those places, but I wouldn't say that I spend a lot of time frequenting them." There was that time she had infiltrated an underground fighting ring to acquire a rare and priceless item, but that had been for an explicit purpose. Unlike her more passionate apprentice Akemi didn't often fight for the sheer joy of fighting. "Given that I don't drink you'd have to make sure to find pubs which also offer good food." Well, she didn't drink on a regular basis, anyway. Not like she was allergic to alcohol.

"That aside, for how long did you act as a solo mage before you decided to join Fairy Tail? You don't look like you've got that many years as an adult on you." Granted, if she was raised by Vulcanis there was a good chance that the dragon would just have allowed her to wander off as a child. Dragons matured at a slower rate than most mortal races, so in theory they should be more hesitant to let hatchlings wander off, but at the same time Vulcanis wasn't known to be the most thoughtful of dragons.

She caught Nymara's mumbling, the golden-eyed woman raising an eyebrow at her apprentice. "You don't necessarily have to, since it's normal for the mentor to pay for the apprentice's food, but in the future it would be a good idea to make sure you've always got some jewels on you. Trade is the lifeblood of civilization, so unless you're planning to camp out in the middle of nowhere currency is always useful to have." She had to resist the urge to snort as she thought of how dragons were depicted as greedy.

As they reached the noodle stand Nymara was so enthusiastic about Akemi took note of the location. The owner certainly managed to get a good spot: the view here was much better than if it was somewhere in the middle of the city, where you'd only have pavement and buildings to look at. "So I see." This remark came out rather dryly, as the raven-haired mage had noticed that the stall owner was rather concerned by the arrival of the redhead. Given that dragon slayers tended to have a voracious appetite to fuel their powerful magic it wasn't exactly a surprise.

Following Nymara, Akemi found herself a place to sit, then when she saw her apprentice reach over the counter she gave the redhead just enough time to grab a bottle before grabbing her by the shoulder and pulling her into the seat next to her. "I do. They're both versatile in taste and fill your stomach nicely." Luckily the shop owner seemed to be familiar with Nymara's antics, so Akemi wouldn't have to deal with him being all huffy. Ordering some shio ramen for herself she looked back at Nymara. "That said, are you going to drink yourself into a stupor at a noodle shop?"

Current Appearance:
    Height: 5'7" (170cm)
    Embers in the sand [EVENT] - Page 2 Velvet10

@Nymara

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Embers in the sand [EVENT] - Page 2 WolfySiggy2
    Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Nymara
    Nymara

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Nymara 6th October 2021, 2:16 pm

It was clear by this point that Akemi didn't exactly favour drinking as much as Nymara, but evidently that wasn't enough for the twilight dragon to turn her down outright. "I only pick the places with the best!" She responded with a toothy grin to Akemi's comment about the food served at the arenas that Nymara frequented. When the subject of Nymara's past came up her attitude changed slightly, turning to face her mentor with a more serious expression. Understandably Akemi was interested in learning more about the fire dragon slayer's history, as aside from mentioning she was raised by Vulcanis, there wasn't a lot else Nym could remember telling her mentor. "Hmmm.. Well I think was 17 when Vulcanis disappeared.." She said, trailing off slightly as she tried to remember. "Before I joined the guild I was on my own for about two years, traveling the kingdom." She said, a small look of pride flashed across her face as remembering that somehow gave her a sense of accomplishment. "Wasn't an easy life, but it had its moments." Nymara said with a light laugh, remembering some of her more "interesting" adventures during her time as a solo wizard.

"And what about you, my mysterious friend? I don't suppose you have anything about your past you're willing to part with?" Nymara asked with a smile, genuinely curious. Even though the dragon slayer knew the chances were slim that Akemi would say anything about it, she figured it was worth a shot. After all, there was still A LOT Nymara didn't know about her more experienced trainer. Perhaps that was just part of the gig... See and experience as much as she did and you may not be eager to relive it either. Nymara was still rather young, both for a human and dragon standards, so there was a lot she had yet to endure.

"Camping isn't so bad! I did it all the time." Nym retorted in response to her mentor's lesson about keeping some jewel on you. After the pair had arrived at the noodle shop Nymara felt the hand of her mentor forcefully pull her into the seat next to her just as she grabbed her bottle, making a mental note not to try that around Akemi again. "Hey, it's carbs innit? this is the best time to drink!" She said with a grin before turning towards the kitchen. "Oi Yazuki I'll get my usual, EXTRA SPICY!" She called out as the chef had already begun making it in a panicked state. "Ehehehh. Yazuki's great, one of my best friends, we go way back." She said with a smile to Akemi. "I would not consider burning down half of my establishment to constitute as "friendship" Miss Nym." An older gentlemen dressed in chef wear grunted as he placed down a large bowl of noodles in front of the girl. "Pffft.. I paid you back for that didn't I? Also blame the Wyvern, I was just doing my civil duty." Nym said as she began digging into her noodles without a care in the world. The man simply rolled his eyes at Nym's response before turning to Akemi. "Don't think I've seen you here before, did the firecracker finally find a friend?" He asked, cautiously eyeing the woman. "Want some noodles?"

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Dragon VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Akeya 8th October 2021, 7:07 pm

It looked like even the ever-passionate Nymara couldn't ignore the gravity of her own past when she was called upon to recollect it. Still, maybe it contained useful information, so Akemi listened attentively. "Travelling the kingdom, and getting into trouble most likely." She commented dryly. Given the redhead's own admission that she liked to visit places where you could fight for money, combined with her tendency to use her magic in a rather destructive manner, and the dark claw mage was pretty confident in assuming that those two years had been filled with various mishaps as a result of Nymara's reckless approach to life.

She gave a small shake of the head when Nymara tried to ask her about her past. "Not really, no." Her reply was curt and without further elaboration. The raven-haired woman was in no rush to tell her life story, if only because she'd have to constantly think about which parts should be left out or not. Even if Nymara was her apprentice she hadn't managed to earn enough of Akemi's trust yet that the assassin would freely talk about information which was either classified, detrimental to herself, or both. Information was the most valuable resource, after all.

"The only thing you need to know is that I know a lot about what it means to be a dragon slayer, and am willing to share that knowledge with you. Including some stuff which you might find rather important." It seemed that Nymara had understood the message, as she didn't try to climb over the counter again. "Most people would save it for after." However Akemi didn't actually do anything to stop Nymara if the fire slayer decided to start chugging alcohol away before their food had even arrived. Instead she just listened to the exchange between Nymara and the shop owner, who continued to not be quite as happy about their presence as Nymara's enthusiasm might require. "I'm her mentor. I'll be trying to teach her not to burn down shops in the future." The man seemed appreciative of that at least.

"I'll have some shrimp noodles." "Got it, Miss." Yazuki quickly got to work, still eyeing the two somewhat warily but seemingly not quite as worried that his shop would be wrecked as before.

Akemi ignored the shop owner's worried glances and instead looked at Nymara. "Now, tell me about that wyvern that made you burn this shop down." Yazuki winced but kept working. "It's customary for the guild to help pay for repairs if a dangerous mission results in collateral damage. After all, when the situation is dire we can't have guild members risking their own lives and that of others out of concern that they'll destroy something valuable."

She paused for a moment as Yazuki brought her bowl. She gave him a quick nod and a curt thanks before continuing. "That said, if a member is known to make it a habit of fighting recklessly and causing a lot of collateral damage the guild won't be as quick to help you pay. For obvious reason." Fire magic was innately destructive, but she would teach Nymara some measure of control.

Current Appearance:

@Nymara

Between the Sun and the Moon, where it is neither Day nor Night, the Dragon of Twilight sleeps.

Character|Magic
    Nymara
    Nymara

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Nymara 26th October 2021, 4:00 pm

Unsurprisingly Nymara's raven haired mentor had nothing to say about her own saga, which resulted in a defeated sigh from the dragon slayer. Though she had expected a response along the lines like this, that didn't make it any less disappointing. With the amount of power and control that Nymara had seen Akemi wield, she could tell that the twilight dragon certainly had some interesting experiences in her life. One day Nymara hoped she could hear more about it. Though understanding enough about her mentor by this point, the redhead knew better than to press her sense of curiosity. What she said next caused Nym to arch her eyebrow however, mentioning that she knew a lot about what it meant to be a dragon slayer. Cryptic words, considering Vulcanis had never really elaborated on his reasons for teaching her dragon slayer magic in the first place. "Important, eh? I'm all ears!" She said with a whimsical tone as she took another drink from her bottle.

Nymara had missed the brief exchange between Yazuki and Akemi, as she was already hard at work devouring her noodle bowl. Though when Akemi mentioned the wyvern again she tensed up slightly before taking another drink. "Eheheh... Well uh.." She started rather nervously after Akemi had spoken about how the guild made a point to pay back for the damages its members caused. When she took an obvious jab at the fire slayer Nym put down her chopsticks and flared somewhat. "Hey, I already said I paid him back, right? Didn't need a guild's money back then." Nym said in her own defense. "As for the beast well, an ocean wyvern was getting too close to town and terrorizing fishing boats, I took the job take him down!" She said with a cheerful smile, her regular confidence quickly returning. "Right down into my shop, don't forget." Yazuki was quick to remind her as he stood behind the counter with his arms crossed. "The fire wizard thought it would have been a good idea to use the smells from my shop to lure the beast to the edge of town. Of course she didn't think about what she was going to do once it got here." He continued, some obvious personal spite in his tone in Nymara's direction. In response Nym threw up her arms defensively. "Hey! How was I supposed to know it would ignore me and go straight for the shrimp?" She said with a slight laugh, still remembering the experience. Yazuki's silent cold stare told Nym he didn't share her enthusiasm. "A- And may I remind you WHO saved your ass from the burning building?"
    "The building that was burning because of you. Ocean wyvern's after all don't have any fire attacks."
    "Point being I stopped the big lizard and saved an amazing noodle chef in one day! I'd call that a success!" She said, picking up her choptsicks again and continuing her meal. Yazuki simply sighed before turning back to Akemi.

"Don't worry, I'll certainly make sure the guild gets the bill next time this one has any more "brilliant" plans."

Akeya
    Akeya

Twilight Dragon

Twilight Dragon

Character Sheet

Post by Akeya 1st November 2021, 1:59 pm

Akemi shook her head when Nymara voiced herself willing to listen to what the dark claw mage had to say. "I didn't mean right now. There's a time and a place for such conversations." And even if she was willing to talk to Nymara about the nature of being a dragon slayer, she wasn't going to do it out here in the open where outsiders might be able to overhear. Such as the stall owner who was less than happy with the fire slayer.

Unsurprisingly, her apprentice wasn't quite as eager to talk about her experience with the wyvern when the man she supposedly saved was here to point out all the parts of the story which were less than stellar. As the two of them regaled her the story, Yazuki quick to fill in the gaps, Akemi herself enjoyed the bowl of noodles the stall owner had brought her, although her golden eyes remained focused on both of her companions as they went back and forth. When it came to the part where Yazuki revealed the wyvern was of an aquatic nature and couldn't even produce the flames Nymara claimed she'd saved the stall from she couldn't help but let out a small snort of amusement.

At the end of the story Akemi remained silent for a bit longer as she continued eating her noodles, eyes solidly on Nymara as she subjected the other slayer to her piercing gaze. Only after at least a minute had passed did she finally lower the bowl to speak. "It's good that you managed to defeat the wyvern, but you'll have to learn to think ahead." Her gaze shifted to Yazuki and she gave him a quick nod. "Good. I'm planning to teach her a lot, and it'll be important to know if she can't learn as quickly as she should."

She didn't think Nymara needed any more pressure to realize that her mentor wasn't about to just let her keep making a mess of things like that. Yazuki certainly was somewhat intimidated by Akemi's gaze, even if he wasn't the main target. With the both of them having been served their food he quickly turned his attention to his own side of the counter, leaving the two of them to talk.

"Next time, don't try to leave out details." Akemi continued. "If I notice that you make a habit of retelling your jobs while holding back anything you don't want me to know I'll just have to find out the whole story myself, and I won't be happy at the amount of time I'll be wasting on that." Despite having eaten at a deceptively calm pace her bowl was already empty, and she placed it down as she called out to Yazuki. "Another, please."

"Y-Yes! Right away!" Yazuki quickly got to work preparing Akemi's next bowl. The raven-haired woman straightened up and rolled her shoulders to get some tension out of them. "But enough about that. At the end you did manage to defeat a wyvern by yourself, which is no mean feat considering your abilities when you just arrived at the guild." She looked at Nymara once more. "It does make me wonder though: did Vulcanis say anything about what you should do if you were to meet any other dragons? I'm not expecting any specific answer: dragons are as varied as humans, if not more so, and those dragons who decide to teach a human slayer magic have also done so for various reasons."

Current Appearance:

@Nymara

Character|Magic

Current date/time is 2nd December 2021, 9:53 pm