Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Cold & Coffee [Pt. 1/?]

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Main Account- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Seductor's Touch
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Teresa Sinclair
    Experience : 7,712

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Bond Book
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Private Cold & Coffee [Pt. 1/?]

Post by Lyretich 21st October 2020, 10:00 am

i never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.
    The weather was quite mild, not sunny, yet not gloomy - something in between, with a tint of light gray, reflected onto the sky above the ground. The temperature was below zero, as steam rose from people's breath, the place a certain train station in Iceberg. Once a budding nation of rich and fertile farmland, now just a cold reminiscent of its past glory. Everyone knows the way to end this terrible forever-lasting winter, yet no one is able to do anything.

Nevertheless, people still resided in this cold barrel land, mages still came here to perform their duties, one such example is Lyretich, who at this moment was fighting his own battle with this land. The young adolescence male was standing on one of the many platforms at the train station, patiently waiting for his companion to arrive, while holding a cup of warm coffee in his left hand, as the right one was occupied by his white iLac, which he was using for time pass. Dressed in a cream sweater, paired with black, tight sweatpants and similar black sneakers, while wearing a hooded black oversized jacket over and a warm blue colored scarf and a simple black backpack over his shoulders, with some possible useful items - he stood out a lot in this country of white with his almost all-black look today.

A small slurred sip was made, as the cup of coffee parted from the yet again flawless lips, protected by a thick layer of lip balm and lip gloss, of this fifteen years old male, with a slight annoyance in his voice, due to the chilly breath of wind nibbling upon his face here and there "Tsk, why isn't she here yet. Her train should have arrived five minutes ago." Lyretich moved his glance to the small-time numbers on his iLac's screen, before landing it back again on the train rails, which seemed to finally vibrate as yet another train was approaching the station.
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:327/TWC:327
    MADE BY MIZO

Last edited by Lyretich on 30th October 2020, 4:50 am; edited 4 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Cold & Coffee [Pt. 1/?] OjvbKYa
    Golden Lacrima - until 31.10.21
    Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 
    Lineage : Prismatic Grace
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Mentor : Faustein
    Experience : 25,173

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Private Re: Cold & Coffee [Pt. 1/?]

Post by Teresa Sinclair 21st October 2020, 12:46 pm

“NYAAAAA YOU CAN’T MAKE ME!” The loud scream came from the train station on another set of rails near the far end. It originated from a scene that was rapidly drawing more and more viewers. Apparently everyone wanted to see the lady, dressed for a warm summer day rather than this hell hole, that was hugging the chimney of the train with all her might. It was the only warm thing in this freezing place and Teresa had never done well with the cold. “YOU CAN’T SEPERATE US.” She continued to wail loudly as six sturdy workers were pulling on her, trying to pry her lose.

“Sooooo coldddd…” She said shivering as tears were streaming from her eyes. “Next mission I get to pick and it will be inside a volcano.” She continued to moan as she extended her arms and began to wave a few signs in the air. A moment later fire runes appeared in the air and she used her own magic to temporarily bind them to her skin. It was not perfect, but maybe it would prevent her from freezing to death.

A moment later the train departed with a loud whistle and with a loud hissing and puffing began to move away. Guess I might as well make the best of it. She thought, resigning herself to the situation.

With a snap of her fingers she changed outfit to something more appropiate. She wore legging of tight Angora woll, white fluffy snow boots and a trendy brown jacket with fake polar bear fur lining. To protect her neck she wore a silver, grey scarve decorated with Nordic runes and her hands were protected by red finger gloves.

Combined with the outfit, the runes were semi effective and although still completely unpleasant, Theresa could actually start to think again. Now all she needed was a cup of coffee and to her delight she smelled a little stand nearby. She could practically taste the fragrance of the dark liquid in the air and she quickly went towards the booth that sold it. Sadly the little booth did not sell any party flavors. So as she walked away, Teresa popped the lit of her big cup for a second and added a rather large dose of a liquid from her hip flask before putting the cap back on.

A moment later she noticed Lyre and began walking towards the pretty boy. Mid way she took a rather large sip of her coffee and by the time she reached him, a big grin was appearing on her face as the warmth was slowly spreading through her chest. “Hi Lyre. Thank you for the invitation, I was kind of strapped for jewels and I was looking forward to working with you.” She said friendly as she slapped him heartily on the shoulders. “So what are we doing here? I am guessing we are not hired as ski instructors or to build the prettiest snowman.” She said as she looked around.

She had been to many a place in her time, but as she recalled this was the first time visiting this place. Aside from the devastating, balls freezing, succulent cold… the place was actually kind of pretty and they did sell good coffee!

WC: 537
    TWC: 327 + 537 = 864
    @Lyretich

_____________________________________________________________________________________

99%

Cold & Coffee [Pt. 1/?] Tcrw0f10
    Lyretich
    Lyretich

Main Account- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 21st October 2020, 11:46 pm

"Me too, thanks for agreeing, wouldn't want to do this alone. Haha, I wish we were, I wouldn't mind, to be honest," he gave a faint grin as he placed his iLac back into his pocket, taking a sip of the warm beverage he had, "but nope, not this time. I mean we could come here some other time to do those activities. But this time, it's this weird note here. A few days ago, as I returned to my guilds headquarters, unfortunately, I met my guild master, who kindly invited me for a cup of tea. Little did I know that this cup of tea would bring me and you here. As we were drinking the tea, he started to say stuff about everyone being busy on jobs and me being the youngest in my guild, you know, at this point I already had some weird feeling. And guess what, I was right. He took out a request form, with a small note attached, saying I am the only one who can do this job," he paused for a bit to breathe in some of the chilling air, as the cold entered his body and the heat exiled from his mouth, creating yet another stream of steam.

"So, I looked at the request form and the note, and come on, it was the most vogue thing I have seen. It said that we need to find something here, but it's not safe to disclose the information on a piece of paper, so we should come here and meet Mr. Thims and get the proper job instructions," he glanced at Teresa with a tint of puppy eyes, in hopes of not getting hit, as he himself had absolutely no idea what they will do, so inviting his female friend was risky business, what if this Mr. Thims was up to no good.

"Let's go and find this Mr. Mysterious," both of them took off to explore the streets of Iceberg in hopes of finding this client. The address was written on the small note and Lyretich noted it down in his iLac, not that it helped much, as both he and Teresa were not familiar with this city. "I think this might take some time," he felt a tiny bit guilty, because his clothes were enhanced with hot packs inside, plus he had worn thermal leggings under his pants, so he didn't really feel the cold, as he knew that Teresa was not good with cold places, but well, at least he wasn't alone in this ridiculous situation.
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:428/TWC:1292
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 22nd October 2020, 2:31 am

Teresa kindly ignored the remark of coming back here. She would rather be eaten by bears then come back to any cold place at her leisure. To be fair she had learned how to defend herself with magic and appropriate clothing and/or items against the worst of the cold. However no matter what she did she never seemed to be able to withstand it completely. She had some of the best doctors in their respective time take a look at her. The best anyone could guess though was that somehow the innate magic that kept her alive was also draining her body heat. The experiments had showed that even in 38 degrees Celsius her body would still lose body heat for some reason. Luckily alcohol and hot coffee helped alot.

“Yeah you should never trust an invitation like that.” Teresa said with an understanding smile and nudge. It rarely happened that being invited to a guild master resulted in anything good. “I mean the last time I was invited I faked having the Desolian super flue for a week. Worked like a charm.” The silver eyed witch continued, giving Lyre a quick wink.

The two of them continued to search the city, slowly and systematically. Only stopping once every while to refill up on coffee and take shelter from the cold. As the day furthered the sun was being blotted out by thick clouds filled with snow and it would not be very long before the first flakes would start falling. “Hey I think I might have a lead.” Teresa said as she walked slowly towards Lyre. Her head pulled as far into her warm jacket as she could muster to protect her skin from the cold gusts of wind. “Rumor has it a woman named T. Himms has lost some kind of item near a cave somewhere. She is the owned of the large warehouse near the city gate to the North.” She said, causing clouds of steam to be pushed through the zipper of her jacket as he mouth was deep within it.

At least it was a clue, although she was not sure whether it was true. All she was hoping though was that Lyre would agree that might be it and check out the warehouse. “Perhaps we should check out this warehouse?” She asked a bit suggestively, hoping the warehouse would be properly heated.

WC: 387
    TWC: 1,292 + 387 = 1,679
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 22nd October 2020, 10:16 am

On the lower part of his face, which at this point was safely tagged in his blue scarf a smirked appeared, though it was impossible to actually see it, one could guess from the way his eyes were pulled into a tightly kitted bud at the ends of the outer corners when he heard the suggestive tone of Teresa, which left no choice to him, but to replay teasingly, "Are you sure you don't want to go there just to avoid being outside in the cold?" Nevertheless, the all-black themed boy agreed to his friend's suggestion, better to follow some lead than none at all, "Sure, we can check it out, who knows maybe something is there."

As they arrived at the warehouse, the pure magnitude of the building was amazing, that even Lyretich opened his mouth slightly, "Woah," is all he could utter. It seemed that the building was properly functional, as a large number of workers were going on about the day. Being the social butterfly he is, the younger male decided to stop one of the workers, "Excuse me, by any chance does this warehouse belong to someone named Mrs.Thims?" he looked inquiringly at the man in the blue work pants, who looked back equally confused at the sudden stop and the two strangers who approached him.

"Mrs. Thims? No the owner of this place is named Mr. Browns," he answered with an unsure tone as if he was afraid of the two. "Than by any chance is there any worker, man or woman with that surname here?" Lyre inquired, while the snowflakes started to fall harsher and the cold north wind was picking up its pace, ugh... I am sure Teresa is not happy about this turn of events. "I wouldn't know, this warehouse is huge, we have over a hundred workers. I think you should head to the administrative office and ask there," the older man pointed in the direction the two should head before rashly running off. "I guess we should head there, for sure, it will be warmer there."

Indeed the office was cozy and warm, something that could not be said about the stares both of them received, but it was no wonder as two completely unrelated strangers were walking on the territory, and by the way, Teresa and Lyre were dressed one could tell they were not locals. Finding the one responsible for keeping the workers' lodger was not hard, as the young lady seemed to be the only one used to strangers, probably because of her job-specific - dealing with a huge amount of personal, having frequent contact with locals and strangers alike.

The woman kindly invited both of them to her office, before offering a soul-warming local Iceberg beverage to both of them, "Thank you," Lyretich smiled kindly as he took off his scarf, exposing his alluring face, which for sure did its magic as the woman started smiling brightly. "So, what brings you two to here? I am sure you are not here to look for a job?" the woman spoke in a mannered tone, checking out both him and Teresa. "You see, we are wizards," Lyretich decided to disclose this information, but mentioned nothing about their mission or the real reason for trying to find the information about Mr. Thims. Mentioning their jobs, usually brought a positive response, as most people trusted mages, as long as they were not on the blacklist. Lyre took a sip of the drink, giving the chance for Teresa to speak, as his throat got a little bit hoars duo to speaking in the changing temperatures from cold to warm.
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:607/TWC:2286
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 23rd October 2020, 4:12 am

Teresa shrugged inconspicuous to the accusation of just wanting to be cold. It was something she wanted and she had a rule about lying. For her it was okay to deceive, hide truths, ignore questions, most of it was okay, but she would never directly lie. There was something about lying directly to someone that really upset her and she had promised herself a long time ago never to do that. Luckily she had found that most people did not have the attention span to pursue the irrelevant questions anyway. Not that she was any different. “I would not say no to that.” She replied with a grin so wide it could be seen through her sparkling eyes.

The warehouse was massive though. So much in fact that she could only agree with Lyre. “Double wow!” She added almost breathless as she could sense magic coming from several layers beneath the surface. Depth was a bit harder to measure than distance, but she would have guessed this massive warehouse counted at the very least nine different floors. “Keep your guard up.” She suddenly said as she bowed forward and whispered the words in Lyre’s ears. She was being dead serious. Even here senses were diluted and affected by the massive layers of sheer rock and magical systems in the building… but for a split second she had sensed something that made her neck hairs stand up.

It was surprisingly easy to find someone that could help them. There was nothing out of the ordinary until Lyre revealed his face and then something happened that left Teresa baffled. Not the fact that the person was very willing to help them… but if she did not know any better, she could have sworn she could sense magic. There was no active magic… but there was something… maybe?!? “Lyre…” She asked confused, but than quickly decided to swallow her words as not to accidentally undo the effect of whatever the boy had done.

“Ah yes indeed. My name is Teresa Sinclair from the Silver Wolf guild.” She said friendly as she bend forward a bit, removed her scarf and hair and showed off her official guild tattoo. She shivered a bit as the semi cold air hit her now exposed skin. A moment later the person nodded in response and pushed the drink in front of Teresa. Maybe as a sign that he had accepted the two of them.

“Ohhh thank you! That is delicious!” Teresa said after taking a sip of her drink. It was not coffee, a bit too sweet for it, but definitely not as sweet as hot chocolate. She could taste a bit of nutmeg, cinnamon, some low fat milk, a variation of beans and a sugary flavor she could not identify easily. If she were to venture a guess the milk was first steamed, before water was added to the substance and then the two were mixed. She could tell by the fat like plaque sticking to the cup the mixing had definitely be done in the cup itself and the water could probably stand to be twenty degrees hotter to improve the mixture rate.

“Ah good, so you are the mages we wanted to hire.” The voice suddenly said, ripping her out of her thought pattern. She quickly took a second sip, clacking her tongue as she swallowed it, before turning her gaze into his. “Now this might be a surprise, but this warehouse is actually a small mining site.” He began to explain.

Over the next few minutes the man, whose gaze was annoyingly frozen on Lyre, explained how a rare magical substance had been found here. Basically the warehouse was build to protect the equipment and being able to defrost the soil to make the actual mining possible. Apparently the ground tended to go harder and more frozen the deeper they dug. In addition the warehouse hid their true purpose and added a layer of security. Despite several attempts of Teresa, the man had refused to tell them what exactly they were mining. Apparently it was rather valuable though.

“Okay that is very impressive, but is there something you actually need from us?” Teresa said calmly, hoping to prevent the two hour investor sales pitch.

Luckily it seemed to have the and with a cough the man seemed to regain his courage. “Right. ACHEM… eh it is very simple. The lower levels have been overrun with monsters. Something is causing the aether to go wild and it seems to attract all kinds of creatures. So far we have kept them at bay at level C7. We either need you to travel to the local mountains. In one of the caves grows a natural crystal that can absorb aether and we hope can neutralize the thread.” The man said as he grabbed a card and pointed to a location on the far side.

Just by looking at the map Teresa got severe cramps in her entire body. That was at least thirty kilometers away through a freezing hell, to climb a mountain and look for some crystal in a cave? “Ehhhhh… can’t we just go down and kill the monsters?” She asked, clasping her hands together as if she was praying and giving the man her best puppy eyed look. “Pretty pretty prett please!” She as, diverting her attention to Lyre.

WC: 898
    TWC: 2,286 + 898 = 3,184
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 24th October 2020, 12:10 am

As Teresa was about to converse and explain everything to the lady across them, a middle-aged man appeared out of nowhere, and it seems he was Mr. Thims, the one they had been looking for. Lyretich could feel the intense stare of the older guy, but paid no attention to it, as he is used to people reacting this way, in the modeling industry there are a lot of perverted men and women, so this was nothing new. The explanation did make some sense, but still, it left out a lot of details, it would be accurate to say, that Lyre was suspicious of all this and by the way, his companion reacted, Teresa was too, nevertheless they were hired, at already here, might as well do the job. Knowing them both even if this guy was planning something weird the chances of him actually harming Teresa or the younger male was pretty slim, as by the looks of it he was not a mage. Thought same as Teresa, Lyre too did feel some weird magic in the air, thru the warehouse.

"Hm..." the young boy pondered a bit, "but well we can go and get rid of the monsters that have overrun the lower levels, but that wouldn't solve the problem, right? As Mr.Thims said they don't know what has caused the aether to suddenly go wild, so there is a possibility we will still need to go to the mountains, but at the same time, monsters are here the mountains are far away. Yeah, let's go with the monsters, maybe if we get to kill them all we will be able to find the source of this problem." Lyretich guessed that this way, Teresa would be pleased and just because they would go to the faraway mountains and get the crystal, it too didn't mean that the problem would be solved, as the owner of this huge warehouse had mentioned, it might be able to help and in the end, to utilize this crystal they still would have to go to the lower level and fight the danger, the boy thought that it would be in the interests of all if they start with the problem that is closer to them.

The pretty-faced boy got up indicating his readiness to depart to the lower levels of this strange place, "how should we proceed, I am sure you wouldn't want other workers to know, why exactly we are here. As you had to fake your name Mr. Thims or should I say Mr. Browns, I assume?" Lyre spoke directly to the owner, with a slight ting of suspicion in his voice, which he tried to cover as much as possible, still trying to get out a bit of information about the parts that were left out.  
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:467/TWC:3651
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 24th October 2020, 3:02 am

It was such an odd feeling that Teresa had to bite her tongue a bit to keep her focused. She was certain of it now. There was a magical interaction going on between Lyre and the others in this room. Yet somehow she could not sense the magic, she just knew it was there. And happening. Subtle though. Like going to one of those toilets past the side of the free way. You could tell that at some point someone had cleaned them, but it was impossible to tell how or when. Okay… that analogy sucked. Teresa thought to herself as she tried to observe it a bit better. Yet no matter how much she strained her senses, she could not feel the magic.

It was as if she was in a bright room, but she could not spot the source of the light at all. It was not a maddening sensation, she doubted other mages would even feel it, more along the lines of a single mosquito somewhere in a tent full of people. Just… not a hundred percent comfortable.

The silver eyed witch was naturally not upset when the meeting was going to be ended. “Yeah no worries there. After the first casualties we shut down the mine and evacuated all ‘valuable’ personal to the surface. Mr. Thimms said with a grin, waving his hands to dismiss Lyre’s question. The way he said the word valuable though was enough to cause Teresa’s left eyebrow to twitch a single time. “Just take the elevator in this office. It is the quickest way towards the eight floor.” He said with a smile, still keeping that gaze on Lyre that gave Teresa the shivers.

Of course there was all sorts of thing wrong with this. Being shunted past all the levels meant they would miss a whole lot. They were not there to solve the worlds problems though or save everyone.

It was one of the problems of taking these jobs as a guild mage. Basically they were mercenaries at this point and if they did not full fill the contract, it would reflect badly upon the guild. On the other hand helping a crazy person conquer a city, even if that was not their intention, would also reflect badly. However in this case Teresa could not see any reason to defy Mr. Thimmss and investigate further. At least not yet. Perhaps this was a legit operation after all.

“Thank you Lyre, I owe you one.” Teresa said friendly, placing her hand gently on the boys shoulder, ignoring the impulse to give him a hug. She hated the cold that much! “Okay I guess we better get going then.” She said, forcing herself to smile as she entered the elevator. Giving the two a little nod as she walked past them

“Okay Lyre, you want to take point or shall I?” She asked as she casually drew her claymore. The further the elevator went down, the stronger the sense of malicious aether got.

As they got deeper also a smell began to get stronger. One she recognized very well. Burned flesh, blood and rot were thick in the air. By the time she elevator reached the eight floor she could also smell smoke. With a little ding the metal doors opened and the annoying elevator music stopped. “Oh great, goblins.” She said with a sigh as she saw the shadow of several of these little creatures dash away into the shadow at the end of the corridor.

“Ok I think it would be foolish to exterminate all of them. We could be at it all day.” Teresa said slowly as she carefully stepped out of the elevator, her claymore tightly in her hand. “What should we do?” She asked as her metal boots rasped over the stony floor.

WC: 626
    TWC: 3,651 + 626 = 4,266
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 24th October 2020, 11:55 am

This place seemed more and more suspicious with each passing second - a hidden elevator in an office? Some special employees that were saved? The fifteen years old could not grasp the entire situation, luckily for him, the presence of an elder companion calmed him down, if anything happens Lyretich knew he could depend on the guidance of Teresa. To be honest, the young boy felt as if the old man had tricked his guild, him and Teresa, who Lyre had involved in this matter, the boy just hoped that this matter will not get even more serious. Though if anything does happen, he was ready to quit this absurd job, and take all the blame for himself, as he felt guilty for involving his female companion, as they descended lower and lower.

The awful smell was getting stronger and stronger, Lyre was still young and quite inexperience, his quick advance to C-rank did not mean he had experienced a lot of on-field situations, he mostly did jobs that were peaceful as his personality was one which avoided fighting if it was possible - wether with a monster or other human beings. The rotten smell was making lean, yet frail-looking youth quite nauseating, but he did his best to not show it, but he was unsure whether his facial expressions did him any good, as such he moved his slender fingers to tuck up the blue scarf around his neck, as to cover his sensitive nose.

"Goblins indeed, I had only seen them in monster books," the younger male smirked, trying to light up the quite heavy mood, "but in real life, they look even more ugly, I must admit." He stood next to Teresa, as she held her claymore in her hands. Still holding his scarf, trying to hold in the place - above his nose, Lyretich stretched his hand in front of him, as chanting some chant in his mind, that only he knew to call upon his battle-pet. In no time, a red magic circle appeared on the spot where the slander hand was stretched out as Wen Yan came to be into the realm of the living. "Lyre, really..." the creature spoke in human language, as such both he and Teresa were able to understand it, "each time you summon me in the weirdest places." The pout on the dragon-like face was real, though it disappeared as soon as Wen Yan saw the tall standing woman next to Lyretich. "Hi, Teresa!" the dragon greeted the woman in a playful manner.

"I agree, I think we could just deal with the goblins later on. I doubt they would do anything to us. As far as I remember the books described them as stupid, but instinctive creatures, by the way, these ones hid, I think they know better not to mess with us, well at least - not now," Lyre glanced at the combat-ready companion next to him and Wen Yan, "I think we should just proceed if they do decide to attack we will strike back, well, in the end, we can just get rid of them all," a dark and malicious grin appeared on the young males face, which would be hard to detect, as the scarf covered half of his face and well the lighting wasn't the best in this place, thought his voice might have given it away as it had a note of chill in it.

"Lyre..." the boy's creature was about to speak, as it had sensed it, but was interrupted by Lyretich's command. "Why don't you light up some light, just use enough fire for us to see better," the tone of his voice was back to the usual, as he pulled both of his mouth corners upwards under the soft fabric of the blue muffler, that was still protecting him from the rotten smells down here while looking at Teresa, "well, let's go!"  
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:649/TWC:4915
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 25th October 2020, 2:47 am

“Yush they are!” Teresa replied with a grin. She wondered if she was actually surprised the young mage was affected by the smell though. She had seen her fair share of battlefields, slaughterhouses and even places that effectively could simulate hell. The smell was nasty, but in a way familiar and it would take a lot more to wrinkle her nose. Still she could understand Lyre a bit and she figured she could at least try to comfort him a bit. Ease him into the real world a bit more gently. The sad part was that this was only the beginning. This only smelled like blood and death. A few levels below her she could actually sense demonic energy and that was a smell she found actually unpleasant. Sulfur and rotten eggs were not everyone’s cup of tea after all. “Lyre I am gonna do something about the smell for now, but I do think you might want to get used to it soon.” She said with a faint smile as she stretched out her hands and her eyes began to glow with a slight coppery glow as she delved into her power.

She could sense the magic in the air all around her and as she inhaled, she began to draw it in. The air here was rich, albeit a bit polluted by death -which always leaves a mark in the air- and she quickly gathered enough to mix it with her own. “Kekkai shield Magic. My second… well actually primary magic.” She said with a grin as she made the hand signals and a visible shield appeared in front and behind them. Teresa had not shown this magic in the bar, as it was more combat orientated and the bar scene was no place for that.

The shield were not perfect, but it kept the goblins out and reduced the smell quite a bit. As they moved forward, her boots clanging on the floor with each step, she pushed the shield further backwards. Several goblins were now in front of it, slowly being pushed back, trying to get past the shield. “Aight they are stupid and instinctive, but never underestimate them in a pack. Especially not in a cavern -or mine like this- which they consider home. They are territorial.” Teresa said with a friendly smile, as she looked back towards Lyre.

“Wen Yan, nice to see you again buddie.” Teresa said, happily ignoring the change of tone in Lyre’s voice. It warranted some caution, but she was keeping an eye on him already anyway. “Anyway I am happy to see you. Ever since we met, I have a friend who has been dying to meet you.” Teresa said with a smile as she snapped her fingers.

The magic she used to summon her companion was much closer to reequip magic than it was to lyre’s and much more ancient. Of course her summon was only a friendly companion and not a form of combat. Still she was always happy to have her companion at her side. “Lyre, Wen… may I introduce Nixalba.” She said with a warm smile as the outlines of the white tiger appeared from the smoke. A moment later the slightly crossed eyed tiger approached. “Ah Wen Yan and Lyre a pleasure to me-WHAT IS THAT SMELL?” She exclaimed shocked as the smells began to register and she quickly put a paw across her nose. “Where did you summon me?” She said as she gave Teresa a quick glance that did not forebode much good. “W-wut? I am sorry. You are a tiger, can’t you handle a little blood? Here let me he-… you are going to attack my toes again whn I sleep, aren’t you…” Teresa said with a face of dread and fear at the thought as she quickly formed a small squared forcefield around the nose of her beloved companion. “Nooooooeeeeee… I promise I will not ‘claw’ your toes.” Nixalba replied with a mischievous grin and the way she outline the word clawed made Teresa actually very much more nervous.

Nothing much they could do about it though. Unfortunately it did distract her a bit and she failed to notice the path suddenly ended in a T split. Too late she noticed she should have adapted the field and a bunch of goblins rushed in the moment they had the chance. “DAMNIT!” Teresa cursed loudly as she swung her sword, cleaving the first goblin clean in half.

Unfortunately she had only recently regained her ability to use shields and she was not yet capable of keeping them up instinctively. As she was focused on the goblins in front of her, the shield behind them flickered and vanished. “Lyre, cover us and try to keep up with me. Right here and then three hundred meter till the access to the next level.” She said loudly and hastily as she rapidly swung her sword several time to clear a path in front of them and began to move towards the end of the slit. “Nixalba, finish the stragglers and keep up. I things get dangerous, I want you to go!” She said as she dodged to the left, allowing a goblin to soar past her.

WC: 862
    TWC: 4,915 + 862 = 5,777
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 26th October 2020, 12:36 am

Oh, a sincerely surprised face was hidden under the blue scarf that the boy was still holding, the only way thought to know it was one of a surprise was by looking at the slightly enlarged eyes and raised eyebrows. "Wasn't expecting you to get a pet for yourself, since the last time I saw you," he paid close attention to the summoned white-coated and black striped or was it the other way around, tiger - Nixalba. The creature was magnificent and suited the strong build woman quite well, was what the young boy had thought as soon as he saw both of them in the same frame, seems like they match quite well together, a small smirk appeared on the youth's face, as he saw her and the pet bicker with each other, something he could relate quite well, even in this not so common situation, as he and Wen Yan would bicker too, though it seemed he and his dragon had a softer relationship, maybe it was because he was younger and not so experienced with this world.

The tiger greeted him and Wen Yan before starting to complain about being summoned in this smelly tunnel-like place, I would complain too if my owner did this to me, thought Lyretich was guilty of doing it himself, he stiffened as he felt the piercing gaze of his own pet, which probably sensed what exactly he was thinking, okay... okay, I am guilty of this too, he thought to himself as he knew Wen Yan would feel this too, as he looked at his creature, he saw a smirk like expression.

While Wen Yan was keeping the place lit with her fire magic, Teresa decided to block the creeping goblins with her magic - kekkai shield magic. This helped to keep them at a bay for a little while, before a bunch of them swarmed in, which was never a good sign. As the older woman had mentioned, yes - one or two of these wicked creatures is nothing much to a wizard team of two, but the moment a swarm appears, they can get quite dangerous and exhausting even for the most battle experienced mage. In a large amount, and in their territory, one way to describe them would be - crazy. In most cases, they would just keep on rushing and attacking whoever intruded into their area, as the sheer number of them was abnormal, even a veteran fighter would get tired out by them, and possibly succumb to them.

"I got it, you just focus on the front, I am following you from the behind," fighting really wasn't what the lean build male liked, but this was a life or death situation. As his partial-take over had turned his both arms into that of a dragon and increased his strange to a new level, while constantly healing him of any small scratches he kept sticking as close as possible to the woman that was now ruthlessly slicing goblins in two, as it was the most simple thing to do. Her magic seemed a bit lacking, or more like her concentration, as soon as she started focusing on those ugly things, the shields disappeared, but maybe it was Teresa's idea from the very beginning, to give some practical fighting experience for the youth, Lyre was sure to ask that after they are done with this messy job, for now, though his main goal was to make sure, nothing would come past him and harm his companion.

"Wen Yan, keep lighting up the place, and if you can shoot some of them with fire!" Lyre shouted with a slight strain in his voice as he commanded his pet. "Got it, I will try my best!" the creature responded with a worried voice, as one thing that Wen Yan was not really good at yet was multi-tasking, that being said having Nixalba here did help, with the number of goblins that were ruching at them any extra hand or paw was a great help. "Are we there yet?" Lyre felt the need to ask, as he dared not look back in case their enemies would use this split second to explore a weakness of some sort, the young boy had to admit that the smell of death was getting stronger and stronger as they rushed to the next level, mostly because Teresa was doing a good job at being the butcher of goblins.
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:739/TWC:6516
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 26th October 2020, 2:57 am

Steam was slowly beginning to rise around Teresa as she slashed wildly with her sword. Or at least wildly to the naked eye. The silver eyed witch was in fact a better swordsman than she was a witch. It was a shame that in such confined space she could not combine her sword magic with her claymore of choice. There was too much chance she would blow up parts of the tunnel they still had to traverse. Or worse cut of their way out. She had considered equipping a different weapon, but against small enemies like this she preferred the claymore. Even if she occasionally swung the tip of her sword through the solid bed rock, she liked that every hit that connected was effectively a kill. Using a smaller sword might have meant she would have to start aiming for critical area’s like the neck or the heart. “Heeeeeyyyyyy… you are not bad at all.” She screamed loudly to make sure her voice would reach Lyre despite the sounds of battle.

As they kept moving Teresa had constantly strained some attention on Lyre, watching his spiritual energy and the way he was fighting. She knew he had little experience, so she had constantly gathered energy in her free right hand, ready to cast a square shield around Wen Yan. It seemed it would not be needed though. Relieved she relaxed a bit and began to release the energy she had stored. “Oh SHI- Nixalba get those two.” She cursed loudly as her sword got stuck in a rather sturdy section of the wall.

With a loud roar the white tiger covered her mistress and dove towards the two goblins, bearing soaking red teeth and fangs.

A muscle in her right arm spasmed slightly as Teresa placed her left hand on the lower arm of her right and transfered the remaining energy she had saved into it. A flash of black light pulsed momentarily through the sword and a moment later the rock in which it was stuck exploded with a loud bang. “Yeah I think we are almost there.” Teresa said as she continued to move forward, raising her arm in front of her face to protect her from the cloud of dust.

In the distance she could see the stair case the workers had carved out of the solid stone. According to the map they had made a single stair case, meaning you could walk all the way down to the ninth floor.

Luckily slowly the goblins seemed to be thinning out a bit and sadly she could see why. It looked like the staircase was blocked by a group of different creatures. “Ah Erklings!” Teresa said, more to herself as anyone else, as she braked as hard as she could, sliding over the icy floor. “Ok so how would you take these out?” She asked as she stabbed her sword into the floor, decelerating her so fast she could feel her stomach do a flip.

As she finally came to a halt, she was only fifty feet or so away from the Erklings. With one hand she made a quick sigil, causing a shield to appear behind Lyre to cut off the rest of the goblins. With the other she barely managed to grab the tail of Nixalba. Too late the tiger had noticed the abrupt stop of it’s mistress and even with her four sets of claws extended to the max she was not stopping in time. The scream she let out when suddenly she was roughly grabbed by the tail and then pulled back with enough force to almost dislocated the tail bone, was in a a word primal. However once seeing the reason why, she decided not to maul Teresa. At least not right now. “Ah I see. Nasty creatures. Thank you.” Was all she said as she took her place next to the silver eyed witch and meekly wiggled her tail, trying to assess the damage.

“Hmmm I might have overdone it a bit.” Teresa said, suppressing a painful outing, as she had tried to raise her right hand and the muscle that has spasmed before, was now extremely sore. “Could you take care of these, while I tend to my wound?” Teresa asked seriously as she stabbed her sword into the ground and placed her left hand on the right arm, releasing a benign white light upon touch.

WC: 725
    TWC: 6,516 + 725 = 7,241
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 26th October 2020, 9:48 am

As they kept running thru the tunnel, closer and closer to their destination, everything seemed to go well, as the teamwork of the four was quite exceptional, nevertheless, life is never that easy and for sure not in a place like this. The action-packed movement and the situation itself had some impact on the younger boy's body, Lyretich was lean, one could say even athletics, but because of his lack of real combat experience and untrained mental state, his body and mind were taking slightly more strain on itself, as drops of sweat had formed on his forehead, which he wiped swiftly with his right-hands movement using the sleeve of his jacket.

As he heard the older woman replay that, yes, finally, they were near the door, and seemingly the number of goblins had decreased, everything came to a sudden halt. Only a pain-filled cry or roar could be heard behind Lyretich, as he glanced at Teresa who with full force showed the heavy beast by its tailbone, as she exclaimed that a new enemy had appeared. As shields started to form around the younger male, keeping the rest of the goblins at bay, Lyre had asserted that it was safe to switch his attention to what was going on in front of him. "Damn," was all he could utter. As he looked at the stripe coated beast who was assessing her own injuries, Lyre wasn't an animal, but the scream had made even his own body cover in goosebumps.

"Are you sure you are okay," the voice was full of concern, and directed at both parties, but more so at his female companion, as the extreme move that his companion had just performed, not only had a painful impact on her pet but the drawback of this move, for sure, would cause great discomfort to the woman herself. In no time Teresa had confirmed her statement as she started to heal herself.

Erklings themself were not really a problem, nor the ice, as Lretich's magic gave him the ability to be versatile, switching from close-range combat to that of a long-distance. For this to happen, the youth released his partial-take over magic as he and his battle-pet both simultaneously inhaled a large amount of air into their lungs, feeling the magic raise from the utmost put of their stomach, as it expanded as the fiery hot element moved into the core position just above the lungs, but under the adam's apple, in Lyretich's case, as both of them with almost perfect synchronization released a sudden burst of a blazing hot fire breath, that melted the ice away in its way and burned the Erklling to the ground, making them scream in pain and agony as their flesh was scorching and melting off their skeletons literary leaving just some piles of burned bodies and nauseating smells.

Lyretich quickly glanced behind his back to make sure that the shields were still in place, before rushing to Teresa and helping her up while trying his best not to smell the air, which was making the young boy's stomach spin. "Let's go, while everyone is confused and your shields are still up, hopefully, it will be safer behind that door, even if for a little bit, so you can patch up properly," his eyes grazed over the goblins, that was profoundly trembling in fear now, yet not really backing away from the shields, the only reason for this could be confusion. This was their best chance to make it to the staircase, without wasting any more unneeded energy on the small flies, as clearly, there were much bigger fishes in this godforsaken place.

The door was not locked, which was a good and a bad thing at the same time. Meaning they themself could escape to the staircase easily now, but the goblins behind them could do exactly the same thing."Should we just get rid of the rest of the goblins? Before we proceed, it seems it is not possible to lock the door," he pointed at the empty hole, that at one point probably was a lock of some sort.
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:688/TWC:7929
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 26th October 2020, 1:14 pm

“You know I will bite of your toes for this one.” Nixalba grumbled to Teresa as she was licking her sore tail. Of course the white tigress was always complaining whenever Teresa handled her roughly, but usually it amounted to nothing. Well there was the one time she appeared in the middle of the night and tried to take out Teresa’s kidneys with her claws. That was only once though and they both agreed on it that Teresa had it coming. Well mostly anyway. So there was a good chance that Nixalba’s muttering about eating her pancreas were idle threat. At least she hoped.

“Well color me pleasantly surprised Lyre, you handled that perfectly.” Teresa said with a grin as he watched over the smoldering remains that were once the Erklings. “The Erklings are an extremely dangerous sort of Goblin, if such a thing exist of course. The legends say that they can kill with a single attack or even touch. Now of course this is not exactly through. They don’t possess stronger claws or a harder skin than their goblin counter parts. In fact in many ways they are weaker.” Teresa said with a smile as she patted Lyre on the back as an encouragement. “So where did the rumors come from and why did I just call them extremely dangerous?” She asked the young boy as she calmly plucked her sword from the ground and sheathed it again.

Her arm was not completely healed yet, so she would not be able to swing the claymore properly anyway. It was the drawback of a weapon that weighed a hundred and thirty pounds. Lethal if it connected, but very difficult to swing one handed if not in top condition. “Hmm? Oh sure that is a good idea. Let’s go to the room.” Teresa said, following Lyre in the direction of the staircase and the room that lay beyond.

“In any case, the Erkling is so dangerous because it excretes an extremely toxic substance from it’s fingertips. In fact it is so potent that it will probably kill the victim unless the specific antidote is applied. Now the victim does not die quickly though. Usually it takes three to five days, depending on the size of the cut and the victim. However the poison seems to target nerves directly and most people are instantly incapacitated because of the pain.” Teresa continued the lecture as they approached the room. “Hence your approach was the only correct one. Kill them from a distance. Close combat is just too dangerous. So well done.” She finished happily as she continued to praise Lyre and slapped him once more heartily on his shoulder.

Luckily Lyre’s display also seemed to have scared of the smaller goblins. The combination of fire and overwhelming magical power drove them all back into their hidey holes.

Still not having a door was a pain and for a moment Teresa considered the option of killing all the goblins. However as she reached out to try to determine all of them, she quickly gave up. The path they had taken from the elevator to this place had been short. The mining area was huge and within a radius of two hundred meters she already lost count of how many of the little pests were left. If they wanted to clear it, they should bring a proper hunting group and definitely more then two people.

“Nah I think we did scare them of for now.” She said as the entered the room and she walked to the furthest wall to casually lean against. “Nixalba, could you please guard the door? Your presence should scare of the stragglers and I think they will need a bit of time to regroup.” She said with a confidence she did not actually possess.

Lyre’s attack and her use of shields had severely depleted the magic in the air and all she could sense nearby was soot. Further down she could still sense rich supplies of magic, but at the moment she was definitely not in tp condition. Otherwise she would simply have closed the door with a shield.

“Ok so what do you think? I think we have three logical options.” She said as she raised her closed right fist in the air. “One: we could press further down and see what this is all about. I am personally curious what is going on.” She said as she extended the first finger. “Two we go up a level and try to find out why we passed the seventh floor. That actually irks me slightly.” She continued, raising the second finger.

Then there was a slight pause as she was considering whether the third was really an option. “Ugh… well I guess the third would be to leave, head into the cold and visit that place the guy mentioned.” She said, definitely a tone or two softer as the others and instead of raising the third finger, she lowered her fist.

“Or do you have an idea? Other than those, I am fresh out.” She said friedly, genuinely interested in hearing Lyre’s thoughts on the matter.

WC: 846
    TWC: 7,929 + 846 = 8,775
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 27th October 2020, 1:30 pm

Teresa was not in her best condition, Lyre could feel it. The older woman did try to mask it, but her body language could not lie about the real condition that she was in, but it seemed that she still had enough strange left to give a lecture of some sort. Lyretich did not know much about the actual monsters, yes, he had read the usual beginners guides to monsters and things like that, but without actually encountering them, the knowledge was just some basic building blocks, that did not stay long in one's head - just enough to pass and exam or something. As such his full attention was directed towards the new information about the so-called Erklings - ugly creatures indeed, maybe more so than normal goblins, a thought like that had passed through the young boy's head.

The trip from the door to the room located downstairs was not long, in no time they had reached their destination. Teresa's words were not wrong, indeed they only had three options, well more like two, going back was not really an option. Both of their guilds were independent, as such even if they had to commit some small crime to finish a job, they would be forgiven, but every mage had his or hers pride, and an ounce of curiosity which did not let them back out from the task on the hand, and this was no exception, the option about going back and wasting their time for the trip to the mountains is out for sure, though it was very likely that they will head there anyways, the young boy glanced at Teresa, who had the same mindset, as her tone when she spoke of that options had a hint of unwillingness and some hidden dignity as a wizard that should be protected.

"I think..." Lyre paused to think for a while, the boy might clever, but choices were one thing he was bad at, his character was that of indecisiveness, as a wrong choice, especially in this kind of situation could lead to fatalities. Teresa was not in a good condition, her hand still injured, Nixalba stayed behind guarding the door, well Lyre still had enough magic, and by the bright looks of Wen Yan, it too had enough energy, but the thing was, they had no idea what was behind that door - a stronger monster, some hidden secrets, the answer to why the monsters are flooding this place, either way opening it was quite risky. "Let's open it," his tone was strong and determined, thought that was far from what was going inside of him.

He placed both of his slightly frozen hands into the pockets of his warm jacket to warm up. "But why don't you heal up a bit before we go in, at this point, we aren't in a rush. I am sure Nixalba would warn us if anything happens up there and in the worst-case situation, we run. The goblins are scared now, so the path should be clear enough for us to make it," his young voice did have some flavor of doubt in it at this point, after actually thinking about the situation, it was far from what he would wish to be, as they open this mysterious door, as they had completely no idea what was behind the door, and there were no hints about it either.  
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:566/TWC:9341
    MADE BY MIZO

Teresa Sinclair
    Teresa Sinclair

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Teresa Sinclair 29th October 2020, 12:13 pm

Teresa just leaned against the wall as several drops of swear were forming on her forehead. It was hard to believe that just swinging her sword here was so tiring. Of course there had not been a lot of magic in the air to start with and she had been straining to draw it in fast enough. Then again she had summoned her own pets and the shield magic she recently reactivated, was still rough around the edges. Not to mention she had summoned Nixalba and Lyre had summoned the dragon and used magic as well. To be honest, right now she was longing to do battle in a nice big forest all alone.

Yet that was not the only thing. There was something in the air that was slowly… it was hard to describe. Perhaps poison the well came the closest. Although she could neither identify the well or the poison if asked. Looking back that analogy was not perfect, but she could not describe it any better. There was just this tiny sensation… an itch in the back of her brain. Something that ‘probably’ should not be there. However it was difficult not to

Alas things were not like that this time and if need be she could struggle on. Yet the idea of resting a bit did not sound too bad. “Yeah, thanks. That would do wonders for these old bones of mine.” She said grateful as she reached into her spatial bag and began pulling a few logs out of thin air. She quickly arranged the logs into a pyramid shape, doused them with some liquid from her flask and lid it with her lighter. “Ahhh that does feel a lot better, now doesn’t it.” She said as warmth and light instantly began to fill the room.

“You probably don’t have something to eat or drink with you.” She said in an attempt to joke as she sat down and placed her hand on her injured forearm again. It was merely a torn muscle and with enough magic easy enough to fix, yet it was taking frustratingly long at this rate. Heh… guess I am really out of practice…

“Hey Lyre, may I ask how you became a mage and a model? You seem to be overqualified for both.” She said with a very neutral smile, hoping to leave the young boy guessing whether she was sincere or making fun of him. “Oh look, I found biscuits!” She said delighted as she pulled both hands back out of the hole in the air and pulled out a metal box full of semi-old biscuits.

WC: 426
    TWC: 9,341 + 426 = 9,767
    @Lyretich

99%

Lyretich
    Lyretich

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Lyretich 30th October 2020, 1:18 am

Lyretich was glad that Teresa agreed with ease to his proposal, as she seemed quite strong-headed and the younger male was not sure if she would agree or no when he decided to articulate his idea. The spatial bag really seemed like a nice thing at this point. His own physical backpack contained this and that, so he wasn't one to complain about that, but the fact that spatial bags usually didn't really weigh much, had the young male start thinking of maybe purchasing one himself.

The light and warmth that emitted from the fire which Teresa had lighted previously, was nice and cozy, making Lyre and probably Teresa too, forgetful of the current situation that they were in - sitting next to a mysterious door, not knowing what lays beyond it. Wen Yan was probably feeling the same, as it laid down on Lyre's lap.

The question did leave the male whether Teresa was really asking it, or just making fun of him, nevertheless, he decided to answer it. "Hm... I don't think I am overqualified," he said playfully, "becoming a model wasn't really my choice, in the beginning, you see," he decided to take his iLac, which was stored safely in his backpack, out. Pressing here and there, he opened up a picture, "my parents," he looked fondly at it, "as you can see they themself, their looks, are no joke too. And probably as you could guess, in their younger days they did modeling as well, that's actually how they met. You see, my father was a wizard, but my mother was just a simple civilian, so yeah, they met one day, when my father agreed to model for some magazine, fell in love, etc. How it usually happens." The young boy decided not to go into details, as it wasn't really important, though his father came from a well know wizard family in his hometown and his mother was not one, some might think that that would be a problem, but not in their case, as Lyretich's grandparents were pretty chill people, or so the young male liked to describe them.

"So yeah, my mother kind of made me do it. Her excuse being, it's a waste not to show off his good looks," Lyre felt quite embarrassed saying this out loud himself, as his cheeks turned a slight shade of pink, or maybe it was due to the temperature in this cave, " and my family is that of wizards, so this was kind of a natural path," he smiled at Teresa under his blue scarf.

"What about your famil..." he stopped, as he was not sure if this was a subject he should touch or not.

- T O   B E   C O N T I N U E D - 
    @Teresa Sinclair ● notes here ● WC:450/TWC:10217
    MADE BY MIZO

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 12:17 pm