Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Dragoon

Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: «The Dragoon»
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

The Dragoon Empty The Dragoon

Post by Xaqairy 24th July 2013, 7:24 am

Primary Magic: The Dragoon
    Secondary Magic:
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Description: Zak's Magic, "The Dragoon", makes use of 8 rare gems to transform his armor and weapons into Magic Arsenals. Although "Dragoon" Armors have wings, they don't give true flight; rather, they increase his air-time from a leap a great deal, giving him a small semblance of flight until Zak reaches full strength. At which point, true flight is attainable. "The Dragoon" also enables different types weapons to be enhanced with certain Elemental abilities. Typically, swords will gain Fire attributes, polearms will gain Air/Wind attributes, daggers and fist/knuckle weapons will gain Thunder attributes, axes will gain Earth attributes, hammers will gain Water attributes, and bows will gain Light/Holy attributes. Any exotic weapons will gain Shadow or Void attributes. The armors that correspond with each Spirit will gain defensive attributes of the same element, typically reducing damage from that element.

Strengths: Because Dragoon mages can equip multiple weapons and armor, they are tactical combatants and can quickly change styles. Even during combat they can change armors and weapons to suit their needs. Each Spirit transformation is also practically instantaneous, making it quick to change the tactic in a battle. The weapons and armor also come in many different shapes and sizes, allowing the mages to combat anything that comes at them with the right equipment. This makes them prime combat fighters for quick fights.

Weaknesses: Although good for quick fights, the weapons and armor equipped by the mage can be broken, making prolonged fights dangerous. Using the Spirits and their Magic also drain quite a lot of magic, another reason why prolonged fights can be lethal. Each Spirit is also specific to one weapon and armor, meaning the more Spirits one activates, the more magic is expended. Spirits must be chosen tactically in order to give off a winning fight.

Abilities/Powers: Every Spirit provides flight-like capabilities and provide the corresponding weapon elemental attributes to regular attacks. Also grants Resistances according to the Spirit's Element (Resistance Table at bottom).

Name: Red-Eye Dragoon Spirit
    Type: Support/Fire
    Description: Xaq is surrounded by an aura of flames. The flames envelope his armor and his weapon, changing them into the Red-Eye Dragoon. Weapon becomes a bastard (hand-and-a-half) sword.

• Weight: 5 pounds
    • Blade: dual-edged; measures 4 inches wide at the base and 45 inches long; tapers to a point
    • Handle: measures 13 inches in length; has a ruby set into the pummel
    • Length: 5 feet from point to pommel.

Strengths: All regular attacks deal 50% Fire Damage and 50% Regular Damage. Grants Fire Resistance. Grants Wind Resistance (halved).
    Weaknesses: Water Damage received is doubled. Can only cast Fire Element spells.
    Duration/Cooldowns Lasts up to 3 posts, can be canceled at any time. Must have 5 combat posts before each use to charge the Spirit Gem.

Name: Violet Dragoon Spirit
    Type: Support/Lightning
    Description: Xaq is surrounded by an aura of electricity. The electricity envelopes his armor and his weapon, changing them into the Violet Dragoon. Weapon becomes a pair of Cæstus.
    Strengths: All regular attacks deal 50% Lightning Damage and 50% Regular Damage. Grants Lightning Resistance. Grants Earth, Light, and Water Resistance (1/3).
    Weaknesses: Wind Damage received is doubled. Can only cast Lightning Element spells.
    Duration/Cooldowns Lasts up to 3 posts, can be canceled at any time. Must have 5 combat posts before each use to charge the Spirit Gem.

Name: Flame Shot
    Type: Fire Offense
    Description: This. Xaq forms a fireball in front of his chest. Then he punches the fireball and launches it at the enemy.
    Strengths: Deals Fire Damage. 5 meter range. Can break through (deals half damage after hitting barrier) physical and D-Rank Magical barriers
    Weaknesses: 10 second charge time. Single Target. Cannot move while casting. Could burn the landscape. Cannot break through Magical Barriers C-Rank or higher.
    Duration/Cooldowns Instant; Once per post.

Name: Atomic Mind
    Type: Lightning Offense
    Description: This. Xaq gathers Lightning in his fist. Lightning strikes around the target a couple times, then Xaq raises his fist. The target is struck by a large lightning bolt.
    Strengths: Deals Lightning Damage. 3 meter range. Can break through (deals half damage after hitting barrier) physical and D-Rank Magical barriers
    Weaknesses: 10 second charge time. Single Target. Cannot move while casting. Could burn the landscape. Cannot break through Magical Barriers C-Rank or higher.
    Duration/Cooldowns Instant; Once per post.

DCBASH
    Red-Eye Spirit
    Flame Shot
    ExplosionFinal BurstRed-Eye Dragon
    Blue Sea Spirit
    Freezing Ring
    Rainbow BreathDiamond DustBlue Sea Dragon
    Jade SpiritWing Blaster
    Blossom Storm
    GasplessJade Dragon
    Gold SpiritGrand StreamMeteor StrikeGolden Dragon
    White Silver SpiritMoonlightStar ChildrenGates of Heaven
    White Silver Dragon
    Violet Spirit
    Atomic Mind

Thunder KidThunder ChargeViolet Dragon
    Chaos SpiritAstral DrainDeath DimensionDemons' GateChaos Dragon
    Divine SpiritDivine Dragon BallDivine Dragon Cannon
    Other Spells:

• True FlightS-Rank - As long as a «Spirit» Spell is active.
    • Elemental Weapon - User's weapon deals 15% Elemental Damage based on the type:

• Sword - Fire
      • Blunt - Water
      • Polearm - Wind
      • Axe - Earth
      • Fist/Dagger - Lightning
      • Throwing/Archery - Light/Holy
      • Exotic - Shadow/Darkness or Void/Chaos

Resistance Table: Mage Rank vs Attack Rank
    MADCBASH
    D30%20%10%5%0%0%
    C40%30%20%10%5%0%
    B50%40%30%20%10%5%
    A60%50%40%30%20%10%
    S75%60%50%40%30%20%
    H90%75%60%50%40%30%

Last edited by Xaqairy on 6th August 2013, 10:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

The Dragoon Empty Re: The Dragoon

Post by Xaqairy 26th July 2013, 1:38 am

This is ready whenever, btw. And before I get asked: the table is planning. I posted it so that I can remember which spells were which Rank.

The element for each spell in the table is color coded. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light/Holy, Lightning, Shadow/Darkness, Void/None. I could probably add more later: Metal, Nature, stuff like that, but I'm not sure yet.

← I even added my Guild Tattoo. :D
    Soleice-kun
    Soleice-kun

Elemental Avatar

Elemental Avatar

Moderator- VIP- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Mentor : Cynthia Eidolon

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heaven Godslayer
    Second Skill: Ice-Make
    Third Skill:

Post by Soleice-kun 26th July 2013, 7:59 am

The concept of spells only being available to Dragoon mages is still very unclear to viewers of this application. Please work to explain it in the description of your magic. In addition, the elemental damage reduction is too high. 95% fire reduction? This is not only a staggering number, but also you have no specified what rank it can withstand. For all we know, you could be taking a S-Rank fire attack and receive 95% less damage from it. This applies for Electricity as well and all other spells related to taking reduced damage. Please work to fix this. Your flame shot spell needs to have a rank limit. This means that you need to state how strong the spell is in terms of rank (e.g. This spell can break through D-Rank magics easily). Your Atomic Mind also suffers the same problem. Bump when finished.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Dragoon Jasper11

Minato's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Minato's Character Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Main Guild Theme
    Spoiler:
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 27th July 2013, 2:56 am

Um... I changed the wording for the "Spirit" Spells and adjusted the resistance to vary from Rank to Rank of the Mage. I've provided a table. I could reduce the resistances a bit if need be. If that's not what you had in mind, though... q_q

I think I've fixed the Offense Spells. I'm not quite used to this system yet.
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 30th July 2013, 12:01 am

Bump?
    Soleice-kun
    Soleice-kun

Elemental Avatar

Elemental Avatar

Moderator- VIP- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Soleice-kun 30th July 2013, 4:31 am

How much resistance to their elements do the spirits grant?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Dragoon Jasper11

Minato's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Minato's Character Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 30th July 2013, 11:31 pm

I added a table at the bottom of the post. I also stated in the Ability section that I added a Resistance table...
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 5th August 2013, 12:13 am

Bump...
    Soleice-kun
    Soleice-kun

Elemental Avatar

Elemental Avatar

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Soleice-kun 5th August 2013, 1:19 am

What does once per self post mean? Also, you're going to have to elaborate a lil'more on the chart. I can't seem to understand what you're trying to say.

The Dragoon Jasper11

Minato's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Minato's Character Theme
    Spoiler:

Eternum's Battle Theme
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 5th August 2013, 4:05 am

It's really simple... The Table itself tells you...
    Table Title wrote:Mage Rank vs Attack Rank
    The left column is the Mage Rank and the top row is Attack Rank.

Self-post = When I post.
    Post = When I post or when another person posts.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but just about any other RP site I've been on uses "Self-post" cooldowns/durations/similar to denote the difference between the user's posts and another's posts. Personally, I don't see how this was so difficult...
    NightDrivenEn7
    NightDrivenEn7

Administrator- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Veteran Level 3- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows of Anarchy
    Experience : 200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: Four elements.
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NightDrivenEn7 5th August 2013, 7:49 am

I would like to correct you on there; when referencing on post cooldown and or durations, when you simply put POST it is YOUR POST only that is counted. "This spell lasts 4 posts" is an example. However, if you want to include the opponant's posts as well, you go "This spell lasts for the next 4 posts." This can be done with armor or shields or something that is available constant. Which actually gives me a good idea. Anyway just thought I would like to correct you there for a moment.

and the reason we don't do the "self-post" thing; is because so far no one has really been demanding such a device to be added. This site just got out of beta so we are still in development here and hope to get better in the future. If you wish to have us talk about it; we will give it consideration.

"True Strength shall be shown, and the corruption of magic shall be broken."

Current EXP: 150

Informatio and Items:
    :

Jobs:
    :

Completed Missions:

Theme:
    :
    Xaqairy
    Xaqairy

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xaqairy 5th August 2013, 2:27 pm

Personally, I can use either one. I'm just used to using "self-post" because people on other sites kept pestering me. I'll change it right now.
    Alye
    Alye

The Windrider

The Windrider

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- God Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Hero- Best GFX Artist Award- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Disparity
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 337500

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Storm Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Healing Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Alye 10th August 2013, 3:42 pm

This magic is strange, and out there...and I love it. With all the changes made, this magic app is...

The Dragoon 8dfvno9

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 5:56 am