Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Wizard Saints & General Events

Hero Yamamoto
    Hero Yamamoto

One Punch Man

One Punch Man

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Hero of the Almighty
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Elyx Reiaki [Previous]
    Experience : 66,000

Character Sheet
    First Skill: The Conqueror
    Second Skill: The War God
    Third Skill:

Wizard Saints & General Events Empty Wizard Saints & General Events

Post by Hero Yamamoto 6th September 2016, 11:34 pm

I have seen discussions on this both in the chatbox and in Skype group chats, so I'm stating it here. I would like to suggest that we add different ways of earning said positions. From what I have heard from members as well as some staff, site-wide evens have not even been in the works for a long time which basically translates to "since site events aren't a thing, nobody can become a Saint" and at that point, it really isn't fair.

Instead of site events, make it events in general? And then add in info regarding being able to use 10-year and 100-year jobs as viable means to really obtaining a position. I know I want my character to eventually become a Saint, but as things stand with the current stated rules, it will never happen, ever.

People who want to add their two cents may absolutely do so as long as it is appropriate, constructive and pertains to the subject matter.

Last edited by Hero Yamamoto on 7th September 2016, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

" 戦争が来ています。そしてそれが起こると...人生は死を切望するでしょう。"
    "War is coming. And when that happens... life will yearn for death."
    Job Slots: 3 of 6
    D - 8C - 1B - 1A - 4S - 210Y - 0100Y - 0
    The Great VaultTemplate † Main Theme †  Hero's Voice †
    Wizard Saints & General Events RkPDiNE

Wizard Saints & General Events Empty Re: Wizard Saints & General Events

Post by Guest 7th September 2016, 4:33 am

If I'm correct, and Wizard Saints are anything like the Eleven Sinners, you can apply for them with enough information and gain one of the positions. Like Eris signed up for Eleven Sinners when requirements stated 2 event participations were needed and she still received the position.

There are also a few events in work if I'm hearing the rumors correctly.
    Shard
    Shard

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : YinYang Monkey Spirit
    Guild : Black Rose
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Experience : 5,031.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Coquendum Magus
    Second Skill: Cerberus Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Shard 7th September 2016, 5:47 am

I think, based on your example Marshy, it might be worth just changing the requirements listed on the pages so they are aware that there are ways other than event participation to apply.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Need details on Magna. Click the below image:
    Wizard Saints & General Events HqzsHuT

Post by Guest 7th September 2016, 6:12 am

It's already under the requirements that if your character does something that impacts the site indirectly or directly, it can reduce how big of a role you need in an event. On the other hand, an admin can bypass that rule of needing an event. It's requirement #6. Not sure why it says "it'll hardly happen if at all" when we barely have events, but I can't edit those pages. You can also duel a saint to get their position, but I'm not sure if that's for people who are already wizard saints, only, or if someone applying for that position can duel them.
    Wizard Saints & General Events 2b328846b7ce46dfb40570c7d4c0f6e7
    Wizard Saints & General Events E42ce38f51ff482faca2d14f338d8704
    Hero Yamamoto
    Hero Yamamoto

One Punch Man

One Punch Man

Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Job Creator- Christian Minecraft Server- Hired Help- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hero Yamamoto 7th September 2016, 7:12 am

Then would it be acceptable to suggest that an administrator to at least add a little extra information regarding gaining said positions? For instance, I wanted my character to be part of the Saints at A-rank, but as it stands with the current set-up, that feels impossible. Especially since A-ranks still can't access the really IC-impacting jobs. Yes, we can challenge other Saints, but there are only 3 active Saints on the site which means there is no one really to challenge.

It kind of forces one to be at least S-rank for any of the positions since only at S-ran and above is one able to complete jobs of really big IC significance.

Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Post by Eris 7th September 2016, 8:02 am

Well in the rules it says that the event rule can be bypassed in "Rare cases".   I was riding on that when I applied for Death because of the fact that there had not been a Harbinger in so long.  The last active Harbinger I can remember was Constantine,  and that was like over two years ago.  Now I'm in.

But I would love to see events in general be considered,  but only because Site Events are extremely limited and when you do see a Site Event there is often, especially for dark mages,  no room for your character in the scene.   Like,  wtf would Eris be doing during Rising Tides?  During Priory?  As if she'd bend over and let the Priory have their way,  and as if she'd waltz around actively helping save the cities either.    Dark Mages are in particular in a rough spot when it comes to events,  while most legal mages wont usually have an issue with them.   I can't recall even a single event on this site in all my time being here as an older member that would really suit most dark mage concepts I can think of that I'd want to play.

Another thing is that multiple event concepts could and should be OPEN SOURCE.  You know,  actually have input from members instead of tossing them out at one's own leisure.   VOTING for things on this site,  gasp, what a suggestion,  that members actually have a say in something.  Multiple event concepts,  each with member input,  voted on which becomes the next Site Event,  or simply allowed as events in general.   Meanwhile there's no reason that only one needs to be active at a time,  different events can occur in different locations with different value and scale to them.  

Even an Events section entirely, like with this Suggestions section,  for posting member-made events that can receive attention and become official,  or become minor events like an Interest topic to see who'd want to join you for that sort of topic and plan things out with one another.

However,  scarcity,  rarity,  these things are not bad so long as it is possible to achieve.   If it was suddenly too easy to get them then the positions would just be filled and not as impactful. 

Wizard Saints & General Events NvVyM98

Wizard Saints & General Events CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n
    Hero Yamamoto
    Hero Yamamoto

One Punch Man

One Punch Man

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Hero Yamamoto 7th September 2016, 8:18 am

Of course! I'd still want it to be challenging to achieve these positions. I simply believe that, as it stands, having Site Events as a main requirement when there hasn't even been one in a long time (haven't seen one in the 3 and a half months I've been here) isn't an OK thing to let be.

Under these circumstances it shouldn't be a super rare occurrence, for instance, for someone to be approved for a position without having participated in Site Events, as Eris was able to accomplish.

Just as well, if A-class characters are able to be enrolled in these kind of positions, why is it that its built so that only S-rank characters can really get them? I'm not saying it is impossible to do so, but judging from what has been said to other people who applied, requirements like needing to have completed 10-year and 100-year jobs are only possible with S-class+ characters (unless that is only for the Gods of Ishval, in which case that is understandable).

Also, things like associating with several different people (which I have seen admins write as requirements to specific people to get a position) should be added to the page, simply for the fact that nobody knows that even has any bearing until they are told such.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 6:10 pm