Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

She Sits Motionless Like A Spider at the Center of Its Web

She Sits Motionless Like A Spider at the Center of Its Web Empty She Sits Motionless Like A Spider at the Center of Its Web

Post by Guest 3rd May 2016, 4:03 pm

The Arachnid Queen
    ● ● ● ●
    O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

It was early morning, crack of dawn, the first rays of the sun just peeking through the spiderette's window, into her room. In response to the harsh awakening, the beauty opened her eyes and blinked them, letting her sight adjust to the brightness. She stretched her jaw in a yawn and her body followed suite, each individual muscle relaxing and releasing tension. Climbing from her webbing, down to the wooden floor below, the spideress walked nimbly from her room and into the hall. Curving to the right, she headed down its length and took another turn, eventually leading herself down to the tavern. As bright and early as she had gotten up, a select few of her guild members were resting quietly in the bar. This didn't caught her off guard; in fact, it was a homely sight to see and Elspeth waved to them as she made her way to the job board.

To start her day off, the woman read over the pamphlets and leaflets that hung on the job board precariously by thumb tacks. Her eyes skimmed them over, reading bits and pieces of each, until a single one had drawn her attention to it. A hand reached up and pulling the tack free of its victim, she took the piece of paper and read it more closely.

"The time has come for Rose Garden's blood drive! The person running it has asked for legal mages to assist in doing the drive to make the patients feel a bit more at ease. They have a list of all legal mages, and the dress code requires no hats or hoods to be worn inside. Dark mages are instantly arrested, but those with a neutral guild insignia that they willingly show are permitted. In short, you will be going around entertaining the children, serving food, serving drinks, helping those who had blood drawn walk to the dining area and catching them if they fall, as well as aiding to keep those who fainted from over heating."

She hummed a little as she read what the request was, then nodded her head in compliance to what it wanted. Elsie could easily do that, so long as the people there wouldn't be terrified of a spider lady running around with spiderlings. Otherwise, that would be a bit of an issue and she may be kicked out of the blood drive for scaring the patients. That was the last thing she wanted to do, but more so, she really wanted to help out at the blood drive as a good deed.

Folding up the piece of paper, as she remembered Aemon having done previously, she walked over to the bar and set it in front of the bartender. They were the only person who was able to sign up guild members onto jobs, so it had become instinct to go to them.

"Ah, Ms. Abbott! What's that you're going to do today?" the bartender inquired, picking the piece of paper up and unfolding it. Their eyes skimmed over the leaflet's content and they nodded approvingly with the choice that she had made. "I see, so you want to go help with the blood drive out in Rose Garden? That's a perfect choice for you, but try not to scare the patients. Spiders are scary things to humans and mages alike, so seeing something like you, they may not take very well to."

Hm. . . that was a hurtful thing to say about me, but I suppose he wasn't really thinking about his words' meaning she thought to herself.

A pout appeared on her lips before she spoke, "I know that humans tend to not take very well to spiders, but you get used to it. I'm going to try to help out there anyway and if they just run away, terrified by me, then I guess that's what happens." Elspeth shrugged her shoulders and extended her hand out, watching as the man signed the papers and notified the contractor. "Thanks for at least signing me up and not trying to persuade me in not doing to the job; I hate it when people try to do that."

"No problem, it's my job, I gotta do it," the bartender stated, shrugging his shoulders as well and handing her the folded paper.

Elsie turned away from the bartender, her back to him as she started walking toward the doors of Infinity Hydra.

"Oh, wait! You don't know how to get to Rose Garden, do you?" he called after her, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Yes, that's true," she responded sullenly, now realizing that without instructions, she wouldn't be able to get there.

"In order to get to Rose Garden, you'll want to take the train that's downtown and ride it there into the city. It's quick and easy, and since you're a legal mage, getting on the train and into Rose Garden won't be that difficult," he instructed.

"Thanks!" she piped up, smiling a little, then heading out of the guild hall and into the castle city surrounding it.

By now, she had long since become used to the bustling of the city and could easily maneuver through the thickly crowded sidewalks. This only took her half an hour to reach the train station, narrowly avoiding being bumped into by others and apologizing when she did. The people of the city had grown used to her strange appendages and even grew accustom to her loving presence. In fact, they had come to adore her motherly affection and favored her as one of the guild's most loving members. She loved the affection given to her, their love for her growing her own love for them and proving her more and more right.

Stepping into the train station, she headed toward the ticket booth and pulled out the jewels that were needed to purchase a train ride to Rose Garden. Once her ticket had been bought, she sidled over to one of the empty seats and waited for her train to arrive.

She stepped foot onto Rose Garden's train station and headed into the massive, glowing city of lights, smiling profoundly. People glanced at her as she walked by, but she didn't pay attention to their stares, as her mind was focused on the blood drive. It took her, but a few minutes, to get to the location of the blood drive, where she entered the building and was instantly greeted by Nurses. They inquired things about her, in which she couldn't answer correctly, but when they asked her why she was there, she answered. A large smile drew across the nurses' faces and they pulled her along to the back, where they had her change outfits. When she came back out, she was dressed in a rather provocative nurse outfit and sent off to tend to the patients. The outfit, she found to be rather counterproductive, one that would cause more issues than help the patients.

One of the patients had grabbed her attention already and called to her, "miss! Miss! Can you help me out?"

Her motherly instincts kicking in, she quickly ran over to them and asked what it was that they needed done. In response, they had inquired if she could get them something to drink and she obediently complied, rushing off to get them water. A few minutes later, she returned with the glass, helped them sit down at a table, and handed them the glass. She gave them a smile and headed off to help another of the patients; however, the day had been pretty slow with nothing bad happening. The occasional patient needed help sitting down or being given food, other than that, nothing had gone wrong. Right now, she could say that it was pretty successful, but the day wasn't over quite yet and that meant something could still go wrong.

"Someone get the doctor!" a nurse cried out, "this man's not waking up!"

"I'll get him!" Elspeth called, running around like a chicken with its head cut off to find the doctor that was there. A few minutes later and they were rushing to the man who had fallen and wasn't getting back, Elsie backed off though.

What felt like hours passing by had only been minutes before the man was sitting back up and drinking a glass of water. It had been a scare, but with professionals on the job, Elspeth didn't have to worry about a life being lost. However, as the sun as slowly setting down, it was time for her to head out, and she headed to the back to change. Ten minutes later and she was heading out the door, back to the train station and making her way home.

1 4 6 1
    Notes
    MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 2:20 am