Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete)

LegendOfDragoon
    LegendOfDragoon

Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete) Empty Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete)

Post by LegendOfDragoon 23rd March 2016, 11:08 pm

Magic

Primary Magic: Requip - The Virtuoso
    Secondary Magic: (Must be filled in later.)
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Primary Focus: Support/Offence
    Description:

Even before magic, instruments of music held power over human hearts. They could captivate and awe onlookers for as long as history was penned to paper, and perhaps even before that. The power of music had always been alive for little Clara, and through hard work and study, she brings that life to the foreground with her magic; Requip - The Virtuoso.

Other Requip mages summon forth impressive weapons or don immaculate armors to attack relentlessly or guard against the most fearsome of attacks. Clara belongs to neither camp. Her pocket dimension is reserved exclusively for instruments not of war, but of music. From classical to contemporary, her instruments sing with life and magic in her hands. Each one she plays with confident skill and an apparent lack of fear.

When she summons her instruments in battle, her goal is to aid allies with her songs and magic. As such, her own personal combat efficiency is rather low, though she does have options when cornered or alone. When presented with the option however, fighting alongside someone will always be the first choice.

Strengths:

• Support: through the songs that she plays, she inspires or aids allies, spurring them towards feats of greatness.

• Versatility: with her wide range of instruments, Clara can adapt her song to many different allies and situations, from social to combat.

Weaknesses:

• Weaponless/Armorless: Clara summons neither armor nor weapons, Clara relies on the magic of her instruments to defend herself. She does have a few different outfits, but they don't offer any additional protection.

• Separation from Instruments: Most passive abilities only have an effect if the instrument is being played, so if she’s separated from the instrument, she loses both types of magic.

• Soundless: The magic from her instruments are primarily based on their sound, and as such techniques that nullify her sound can cause most spells and abilities to fizzle out.

Lineage:

Aspect of Vulcan

Description: A god of Forge and Fire, Vulcan was a deity who had great potential but chose to have a passive role among the gods. Vulcan's forges are of course legendary, but it's Vulcan's fire that could easily let him rival some of the greater gods. In conjunction with his forges he could easily utilize his craft to give him further edge. The fires of Vulcan touch it's host.

Ability: The Aspect of Vulcan grants it's host an inner fire. Their magic can only be consumed by god slayers. Fire magic costs 5% extra when targeting the host and they are 30% resistant to the element. The host can spend half of the magical energy a fire spell to nullify it(max S-rank).

Gains a user-ranked Fire-based signature spell.  (S-rank Max) It must be made in the magic app as normal in addition to spells made.

Usage: Passive,  3 post cooldown on nullification. Can only be done three times per thread.

Legacy Signature:
    • Offence - One of Clara’s few offensive Instruments
    • En Fuego - Has a fire elemental affinity

Weaknesses:
    • Loud - Even while on the offence, hiding her location is nearly impossible
    • Slow - Scarlet is relatively bulky, and movement speed while summoned is halved.
    • Water - Water puts out fire, even hers

”Unique Abilities”:

Spells:

”Signature Spell(Not available until C Rank)”:

D-Rank Spells
    ”Heart”:

”Tone”:

”Slap”:

”Forte”:

Last edited by LegendOfDragoon on 25th March 2016, 3:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Goddess
    Guild : Laughing Coffin?
    Cosmic Coins : 25

Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete) Empty Re: Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete)

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 25th March 2016, 7:12 am

LegendOfDragoon wrote:Magic

Primary Magic: Requip - The Virtuoso
    Secondary Magic: (Must be filled in later.)
    Caster or Holder: Holder
    Primary Focus: Support/Offence
    Description:

Even before magic, instruments of music held power over human hearts. They could captivate and awe onlookers for as long as history was penned to paper, and perhaps even before that. The power of music had always been alive for little Clara, and through hard work and study, she brings that life to the foreground with her magic; Requip - The Virtuoso.

Other Requip mages summon forth impressive weapons or don immaculate armors to attack relentlessly or guard against the most fearsome of attacks. Clara belongs to neither camp. Her pocket dimension is reserved exclusively for instruments not of war, but of music. From classical to contemporary, her instruments sing with life and magic in her hands. Each one she plays with confident skill and an apparent lack of fear.

When she summons her instruments in battle, her goal is to aid allies with her songs and magic. As such, her own personal combat efficiency is rather low, though she does have options when cornered or alone. When presented with the option however, fighting alongside someone will always be the first choice.

Strengths:

• Support: through the songs that she plays, she inspires or aids allies, spurring them towards feats of greatness.

• Versatility: with her wide range of instruments, Clara can adapt her song to many different allies and situations, from social to combat.

Weaknesses:

• Weaponless/Armorless: Clara summons neither armor nor weapons, Clara relies on the magic of her instruments to defend herself. She does have a few different outfits, but they don't offer any additional protection.

• Separation from Instruments: Most passive abilities only have an effect if the instrument is being played, so if she’s separated from the instrument, she loses both types of magic.

• Soundless: The magic from her instruments are primarily based on their sound, and as such techniques that nullify her sound can cause most spells and abilities to fizzle out.

Lineage:

Aspect of Vulcan

Description: A god of Forge and Fire, Vulcan was a deity who had great potential but chose to have a passive role among the gods. Vulcan's forges are of course legendary, but it's Vulcan's fire that could easily let him rival some of the greater gods. In conjunction with his forges he could easily utilize his craft to give him further edge. The fires of Vulcan touch it's host.

Ability: The Aspect of Vulcan grants it's host an inner fire. Their magic can only be consumed by god slayers. Fire magic costs 5% extra when targeting the host and they are 30% resistant to the element. The host can spend half of the magical energy a fire spell to nullify it(max S-rank).

Gains a user-ranked Fire-based signature spell.  (S-rank Max) It must be made in the magic app as normal in addition to spells made.

Usage: Passive,  3 post cooldown on nullification. Can only be done three times per thread.

Legacy Signature:
    • Offence - One of Clara’s few offensive Instruments
    • En Fuego - Has a fire elemental affinity

Weaknesses:
    • Loud - Even while on the offence, hiding her location is nearly impossible
    • Slow - Scarlet is relatively bulky, and movement speed while summoned is halved.
    • Water - Water puts out fire, even hers

Erm erm... Siggy spells can only have one effect making them really bad for requip as all requips come with two abiltys... meaning this won't pass i suggest you make this a ability that supports your other spells. Also please be aware the Siggy spells can only be used by C rank or higher mages.

”Unique Abilities”:

Spells:

”Signature Spell(Not available until C Rank)”:

D-Rank Spells
    ”Heart”:

”Tone”:

”Slap”:

”Forte”:

Edits are in blue... great magic BTW

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete) KF68skC
    LegendOfDragoon
    LegendOfDragoon

Player 

Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete) Empty Re: Requip - The Virtuoso (D-Rank Complete)

Post by LegendOfDragoon 25th March 2016, 9:28 am

For signature spells, when I emailed a mod with basically that very question, I was told they could be any kind of spell including Requip equipment, but I do understand miscommunication happens, so I would be fine with striking the passive from both signatures, since I really like the idea of having particular instruments she's 'famous' for, like erza and the heavens wheel armor

For fortissimo, the range gained varies on the spell, and is listed within parenthesis in each description of an active ability, since some abilities felt too powerful with a flat x2 and some felt too weak with a flat x1.5, and 1.75 is just too complicated, lol

And for the rank scaling comments, it's that for how it grows with her rank or how it affects enemies/allies of different ranks?

Everything else I'll add the suggested wording.
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 25th March 2016, 9:34 am

LegendOfDragoon wrote:For signature spells, when I emailed a mod with basically that very question, I was told they could be any kind of spell including Requip equipment, but I do understand miscommunication happens, so I would be fine with striking the passive from both signatures, since I really like the idea of having particular instruments she's 'famous' for, like erza and the heavens wheel armor. Which mod and the rules state that Siggys need to be VERY simply spells. Requips are naturaly not simple as they come with a passive and a active that right theirs is two effects alone. I used requip myself for quite some time i would suggest a spell that when you summon something it gets a bonus or something.

For fortissimo, the range gained varies on the spell, and is listed within parenthesis in each description of an active ability, since some abilities felt too powerful with a flat x2 and some felt too weak with a flat x1.5, and 1.75 is just too complicated, lol Got ya missed that sorry.

And for the rank scaling comments, it's that for how it grows with her rank or how it affects enemies/allies of different ranks? one of the down sides is... status effects and buffs tend to be less effective on higher ranking mages. So this needs to be accounted for in your magic.

Everything else I'll add the suggested wording.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

LegendOfDragoon
    LegendOfDragoon

Player 

Post by LegendOfDragoon 25th March 2016, 9:44 am

The mod I had pmed was Daiki, and I received the response on Saturday March 12th. As I said, I would be fine with removing the passive, but I'll rethink them if that's not possible.

I'll edit in the scaling shortly

Last edited by LegendOfDragoon on 25th March 2016, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LegendOfDragoon
    LegendOfDragoon

Player 

Post by LegendOfDragoon 25th March 2016, 1:53 pm

Added scaling to all abilities that required it, changed stone wording as well.
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 25th March 2016, 3:27 pm

HOLY BALLS MARCH IS A LONG MONTH March 125th O.O... LOL JK. Your numbers are still to big... in most cases a D rank's buffs will have ZERO effect on a B rank. please lower your numbers.

LegendOfDragoon
    LegendOfDragoon

Player 

Post by LegendOfDragoon 25th March 2016, 3:51 pm

Fixed scaling for buffs and debuffs
    Kakuma Blackflower
    Kakuma Blackflower

Wolf Spirit

Wolf Spirit

Post by Kakuma Blackflower 25th March 2016, 5:02 pm

Righto just remember you can't use that siggy until your C rank as per the Siggy spell rules. other than that your approved.

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 11:07 am