Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Grasping for what's there || Tyriel & Baal

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Quality Badge Level 1- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage
    Position : None
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Power of Love [INW]
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Private Re: Grasping for what's there || Tyriel & Baal

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 12:14 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Home is Where the Heart is

Anger and frustration filled Baal's heart remembering how utterly weak he was when the man invaded the kingdom.  His plot to change the world through domination instead of other peaceful methods.  If only he was even as strong as he was now, then he would have been able to do something and kept the kingdom in-tact.   His body relaxed the moment Tyriel's fingers settled upon his shaking fist.  He stopped for a moment to look at the woman.  

~ Why does this earth woman make me feel like this?  Why is she so kind and gentle with someone like me?  Why does she not fear me after what happened in the town?  What's wrong with this woman?  Why?  Why did she take me to a place like this and why is she asking so many questions about where I came from?  Why did I respond to her?  Why does my heart beat fast whenever I'm with her?  Why did I feel dread when I couldn't see her and pure anger when she was being attacked by that man in the town?  Why?  Why? ~ Baal pondered to himself within that brief moment.  He has had several relationships in the 100 years he has been on Earth, but none of them were like this woman.  She was kind and seemed to genuinely care about what Baal had to think of and what Baal was like.  Why was this one so different?

"Home is where the heart is?" he said inquisitively as he turned to watch the flowers being taken by the wind.  "Is that phrase popular on earth?" he asked as he then noticed the woman sitting up with her hand offered to him.  The wind blew through her hair and the flowers she released earlier blowing behind her.  Baal's mouth was agape for a moment, like he had seen someone from his past doing the exact same thing.  

400 Years Ago wrote:
    "Baal!
    Baal!
    Open your eyes, Baal!
    "

came muffled words, stirring Baal awake.  Blood had dried from his nose and the corner of his mouth as he laid in a pool of his own coagulated blood.  Baal was sweating profusely as he turned to look up towards the source of the noise.  

"Thank the gods, you're still alive!" entered his ears slightly less distorted than earlier.  He felt a warm embrace upon his small body.  The smell of lavender and honey filled his nose.  The scent was familiar.  Recognition helped Baal return to his senses and he put his arms around the person hugging him.  The child began to cry into the woman's chest.  

"I knew you would come for me, sister!  I told him!  He said so many bad things about you!" he said as he continued to cry into her chest.  The woman wore a purple gown with long sleeves and a long train upon the gown.  She nodded her head towards the several guards she brought with her before patting Baal's head.  

"Don't worry, dear brother.  We're going to find the man and make sure he doesn't hurt any one of us ever again.  We'll also be sure to put an end to his line.  Yes, his bloodline has been tainted so we must cleanse it," she said.  The look of a beast written upon her eyes.  She didn't take too kindly to people abducting her dear brother to be used as a pawn for his own sick desires.  

"Grow strong, Baal and protect this world," she said softly to him.   Baal didn't hear anything that she said due to his loud crying.  She was given a nod by one of her guards, causing her to stand up. A face could be seen upon her chest where Baal was crying into.  She flicked her wrist, freeing her palm and exposing it to Baal.  "Come, Baal.  Let's go back home, okay?"

Baal reached his hand out to take Tyriel's and pulled himself up.
    OOC Notes:
    Nice and flashbacks. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Grasping for what's there || Tyriel & Baal - Page 2 BI2gBSG
    [Riley: The Soldier of Love] [Power of Love]
    Kariline
    Kariline

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Experience : 900

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Take Over Guardian Soul
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 12:27 pm

" Just a little bit ago i had lived inside the village, before i took up a permanent home in Infinity Hydra." She said with a bright smile. "In town they have a public library, and inside was complete maps of the area! I took it upon myself to find some hidden treasures of the land." She continued while leading Baal past some jagged rocks and tall trees.

The area was getting more dense and treacherous. It even made them drop down a steep hill before leveling out. Soon the air would feel moist and a deep roaring sound could be heard. Tyriel exhaled and let a deep sigh escape her lips. " Look." She said pushing past a wall of thick brush, exposing a large waterfall that poured from a cliff top. It emptied into a pool that contained some of the clearest nature made water around. The bottom was rock instead of dirt and kept out alot of stirring elements. " This.. is.." She was unable to finish her sentence before stepping out from the trees to take a seat on a flat boulder that overlooked the pool.

She angled her body to where her feet were behind her and she could hold herself up with one hand and the other would play with the cool water. " It's actually not a bad temperature!" she said with a giggle.
    Tyriel looked back at Baal with a smile.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 1:45 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Let's take a Dip!

Her smile radiated after he brought himself up upon his own two feet.  He finally learned something about this woman.  She lived in that village until recently.  The thought of having killed someone she possibly knew lingered in the back of his mind.  No, now wasn't the time to think about things like that.  The time was supposed to be a happy one.  He let a smile come across his face.  "You should show me this library sometime," he simply stated before the two walked through the field of colors.  

Flowers fluttered through the air as the two moved across the field under cerulean skies.  Baal liked Earth, but he never really enjoyed this place.  His heart longed to return to Elysium, but the words spoken by Tyriel resonated through his very soul.  The words echoed through his mind as he continued following her through terrifying terrain.  He used his Mystic Hands to stabilize their trek, making sure neither of them hurt themselves over the harsh terrain.  The air grew humid and the smell of water filled his nose.  After Tyriel pulled away the wall of thick brush, Baal took a deep breath in out of amazement.

Baal hadn't ever seen something like this in person.  He had seen paintings and read descriptions of waterfalls, but never actually witnessed one with his own two eyes.  His jaw remained dropped as he watched the water particles form into a thick, coarse mist behind her.  She took a seat upon a boulder that overlooked the pool and began playing with the water with her hands.  A smile came across Baal's face as he watched her obviously smiling with happiness.  

Clearing his throat, Baal began to disrobe his armor.  With a little smile, he removed the majority of his armor before stopping for a moment.  "Well, let's enjoy this while we're here," he said, implying that he was going to go in for a swim.  After removing his armor, he was down to his skivvies.  Wrapping up his armor and scythe within his large cloak, the tossed set his scythe upwards to stick out of the ground so his packed up clothing could be seen clearly.  

Baal's long hair fluttered in the wind created by the moving water.  He turned and looked to Tyr for a moment with a big smile before putting a foot upon the boulder that Tyr sat upon.  "See you at the bottom," he said with a laugh before jumping onto the boulder and diving off of the boulder, landing feet-first into the pool of water down below.  The pool was deep and pristine; Tyr was able to see Baal's descent into the water and eventual rise up to the surface.  Moving his long hair out of his face, he looked up towards Tyr and started to tread water.  

"What are you waiting for?" he said as his voice was muffled due to the explosive roar of the waterfall.  
    OOC Notes:
    Nice and flashbacks. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kariline
    Kariline

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 2:00 pm

When Tyriel looked back at Baal, her face instantly flushed as he was now parading around in his underwear. She looked away as he walked up behind her, a silly grin on her face. The woman bit her lip as she was nervous about what he was doing...
    See you at the bottom... Tyriel's eyes grew wide as she watched the man leap down into the water, some of it splashing up onto the rock she perched herself on. She smiled and gazed as the man looked so peaceful playing in the pool..

What was she waiting for.... Her blush returned as she had a embarrassed look on her face... " I..I-I cant swim..." She finally got out... Tyriel loved water, and she loved large baths, but she could always wade in those... She had never been in anything deeper than 4 foot.. So she began to panic a little at the mention of her going in there.. It was deep and she didn't know what to do..
    But there was a small area she could play in, where she didn't have to fear dying in the deep depths of the water...

"I-I'll just be over here.." she said pointing to that particular area as she pulled off her bloody clothes. This would be a good chance to change into her new outfit she bought and burn those ones.
    She walked over where the rocks met the water and let her toes slide into the caressing waves. she got up to her waist and stopped... This was far enough for her.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 2:30 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Do You Trust Me?

Baal curled his lip a bit as she was in another location in waist deep water.  Baal raised a brow and began to swim over towards Tyr.  His feet were finally able to touch the rocky bottom of the pool of water.  Drips of pristine water moved down his chiseled abs.  His hands ran through his long, flowing hair to move it out-from-over his eyes.  Baal crossed his arms over his chest for a moment as he watched the woman in the waist deep water.  He noticed what she was wearing and instantly his face turned a deep shade of red.  Something about what she's wearing caused his face to grow warm.  

He gave her quite the stern look for a brief moment before holding his hand out to her.  "Well, then now's a good time to learn how to swim right?  Don't worry, I'll make sure you're safe," he said with a big bright smile upon his face.  He wasn't sure the woman trusted him enough yet so Baal wasn't expecting anything to come out of this.  The sun was angled just right for the drops of water upon Baal's body to shine in the sunlight.  A drop of water streaked down his body, looking like a shooting star upon a gray sky.

"It's fun.  Trust me, I've been doing this for years," he said as he looked directly into Tyriel's eyes.  Baal had a large red tattoo upon his left pectoral and the Infinity Hydra emblem on the right side of his throat.  His body was covered in scars.  "I won't let anything bad happen to you, Lady Tyriel," he said with a firm resolve.  His hand still out there for the taking.
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 3:06 pm

She seen the man wade through the water till he was level with her, his muscles glistening as the water fell off his body. Her cheeks turned a pretty shade of red as she stared up at the man. There was something about the way he looked now that made her heart skip a beat. He offered to teach her how to swim and to make sure she wouldn't drown.

Why was he doing this? Why did he want her to place her trust in him... Of course she asked the same thing when she climbed out the window. She had to place her trust in him from the very beginning. There was no reason she couldn't trust him. If he wished Ill upon her, he would have had the perfect chance last night.

Tyriel seemed conflicted, biting her lip as she thought about the possibilities of what was happening. She looked at the water, and then back at Baal. In her head she felt chained, but her heart wanted to leap.
    After clenching her eyes close she reached out to place her hand in his. She was shaking as she got a bit deeper. The water traveling up her stomach.
    With each inch deeper she got, the more she began to panic.

Finally when she took another step the water reached her throat and she jumped to Baal, hoping he would save her from the mass of water that waited to swallow her; She even screamed a little " Baal!", clenching onto the solid man.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 3:28 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Stand By Me

Baal laughed at Tyriel's reaction for a moment.  He placed his arms around her, pressing her close to him, allowing their bodies to press against each other firmly.  He adjusted her to where her face was level with his.  He was, after all, still standing in the water.  "Thank you," he said before propelling himself towards the deep water.  As soon as he entered the deep water, he began to tread the water with his feet and with his Mystic Hands.  The two remained above the water, face to face.  

"It's alright, Tyriel, you're fine," he said with a little chuckle.  He felt her shaking uncontrollably.  Whether she reached out to him of her own free will or because Baal asked wasn't something Baal would know, but he was happy none-the-less that she decided to trust him.  He placed his hand upon her lower back and pressed her into him a bit tighter.  "This isn't too bad is it?" he asked a bit, turning his eyes to the side for a moment.  Both of their faces were beet red.

"Thank you for bringing me here.  This is the first time I've seen something like this since I've lived here.  I wouldn't have seen something beautiful like this if it wasn't for you," he said before swallowing hard.   Something had been itching him in the back of his mind for the past few hours now.  He figured, since the two were face to face, now would be the right time.  "You don't regret what happened last night, do you?"
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 3:58 pm

She grasped onto Baal until she felt his hand push her into him. He was warm, even though he had just gotten out of the water. She looked up at his face, realizing how close they were. She blushed and her heart raced beneath his warm chest She looked out to see them get farther and farther from the safe edge.
    She gasped as she felt not so safe, but as she seen how stable he was, even though he was holding onto her, the tiny woman relaxed. She released her grip a little on him and created a bit of space while still making sure that she was safe.

His question caught her off guard and she blushed. " No.. I don't regret it.. I just regret not experiencing something like that sober... you wer-.. you were my first. " She explained, hiding her expression from him as she bit her bottom lip. " And you?... i mean do you regret it, i don't know if you had someone to be faithful to..."

Tyriel felt her legs begin to move under her, and when she couldn't feel a solid object under her toes she gasped, clenching tighter onto his arms..

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 4:27 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Stand By Me

Yes, he realized that he was Tyr's first.  That much he was perfectly aware of.  Relief washed over Baal in the form of a sigh once he heard that she didn't regret what happened.  Baal laughed a bit, as well, when his turn to answer was up.  "The only part I regret was not remembering most of it," he said removing one of his arms from her and used to to scratch the back of his head.  However, even if he released her with one arm, she remained still due to his invisible hands providing plenty of support for her.  

"But I already told you to not worry about that.  I can't get home so I'm effectively dead to them.  I need to start a new life here, ya know?" he stated before clearing his throat.  "Well, I was wondering if you'd help me out with that," he said clearing his throat once more, this time as a nervous tick.  

While a part of him felt bad about taking her first time away under the influence of alcohol, the other part of him realized that he can't do anything to change that.  The two of them floated towards the rushing pillar of water, feeling the aerated bubbles of water passing over his back.  "Well, would you be willing to try again, sober sometime?"

Baal started to get nervous, not having done this too many times and still isn't used to Earth's customs of courting.  "What I'm trying to say is," he said with a slight pause.  "I want you to be my girlfriend."  Yes, he read this from a book and he's trying to emulate it.  Unfortunately the characters within said book were 14-15 year olds, which might seem a bit awkward for someone with the physical age of 28 doing it.  But some people might find it cute, while others might find it pathetic.  
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 5:02 pm

'Ba-bum... Ba-bum...Ba-bum..'

Her heart pounded away behind her chest as he pulled his hand away to scratch the back of his head. Her eyes deceived her, as she wasn't being let go. She could see and feel his power around her, keeping her stable.

She grew a slight grin as he talked about what happened, but her heart nearly stopped when he asked.. When he asked for them to be together. She felt her breath get taken away from her. She didn;t really have an answer. She had never been asked anything like this before... Does she just say yes? What does this entitle?...

After biting her lip for a moment, Tyriel smiled softly, moved her hands to cup his face and pushed her lips to meet his. After kissing him for a moment she pulled back and stared into his eyes. " Yes. "

Tyriel grinned, after laughing a bit. Her eyes even teared up a bit in her happiness. She didn't know how to feel, so she just let her heart out. Hopefully this poor man could take that all...

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 9:04 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

All That's Left is to Make it Facebook Official

A soft hand was placed upon his cheek before her soft lips pressed against his. This was her answer to his request.  His heart began to throb feverishly and ferociously.  If she was touching his chest, she'd be able to feel the beating of his heart in a rapid pace.  The kiss was a sneak-attack!  Baal wasn't ready for it.  This was probably the first time in many years that he kissed a woman and the first time since he arrived on Earth that a woman made him feel lighter than air.  She said 'Yes'.

Baal wrapped his arms around Tyriel and returned the kiss to her.  As the two kissed again, they started to float towards the waterfall eventually having the water beat down upon Baal's back slightly.  The water was cool and exhilarating, forcing Baal to curl his back a bit, breaking away from the kiss.  This causes Baal to laugh a bit, trying to keep Tyr away from the falling water, though the spray had enough of an angle to get her plenty.  

Baal tried with his might to move away from the waterfall (or at least the outer edge of it since the main body of the waterfall might crush him due to the weight) and cleared his throat.  "Want to eat?  I'm a little hungry," he said as if, on queue, his stomach growled.  
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 9:53 pm

The woman felt exhilarated as he hugged her closely and returned their kiss. Being in the water like that, it almost felt like they were floating in the air, as if both their bodies had become weightless. She deepened the kiss slightly, her passion burning into her cheeks.
    She felt like she was giving this man more than just her woman hood, and she was unsure of how to explain it.

They came to the waterfall, the strong current pulling on her body. She gripped tightly as Baal had pushed away from the kiss due to the icy pressure from the falling water. She grinned and laughed as it came splashing onto her a bit, dampening her long hair which already flowed around her submerged hips.

Tyriel nodded to the mentioning of food, she did bring those boxes, and she could see that the sun was already going to go down in about an hour. The time seemed to go too fast...
    She had him help her wade out from the water, where she stepped out onto the nearby grass. She had her bags around her but first she needed to get out of her wet undergarments.. Tyriel reached around to unclasp her bra and pulled off everything else, reaching into the bag for her new black dress. It was short, Long sleeved but the collar was around her shoulders.. she pulled it on, bringing it down past her hips and fixed her hair with a ribbon.

She then looked back for Baal as she grabbed the lunch boxes.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 20th October 2015, 10:40 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

Love Makes One Bold

Tyriel agreed to the mentioning of food.  The sun had about an hour left before it dipped below the horizon.  Quickly wading his way towards the shore, he propelled himself and Tyriel towards the shore with his many near-invisible hands.  Once they were in waist-deep water, he let his grip on Tyriel go, allowing her freedom of movement.  Shaking his body a bit to shake off some of the water, he turned his eyes towards her as she removed her bra directly in front of him.  Since when did she get so bold?  Was it the declaration of his feelings for her?  Possibly.

Clearing his throat, one of his several nervous ticks, Baal held up a finger and looked to her when she had some clothing on.  While he enjoyed the way she looked with or without clothing, he didn't want to look like a pervert and just stare.  "Give me a minute to go retrieve my stuff," he said before slowly moving his way back towards the water.  This time, however, he hovered above the surface of the water.  Stopping by the waterfall, he looked around for a brief moment and started to 'climb' his way up.  His Mystic Hands finding hand-holds and slowly propelling himself upwards.  To Tyriel, it looks like he's simply levitating upwards with assistance of pure data.  

Finding his way up onto the boulder from earlier, he removed his skivvies and got dressed into his armor, making sure everything fit just fine.  He dropped his wet underwear into his leather satchel and took a firm grasp of his scythe.  He took a step up on the boulder and looked down.  "How did I just jump off of this without losing my mind?  I guess this thing called love really does make people do stupid things," he said before turning to look towards the slope downwards.  He groaned lightly as he just found the path that Tyriel took, using it to descend downward to dry land.  

"Lunch boxes, hm?  Well, better late than never right?" he said as he cleared his throat for a moment.  Baal looked around and held up yet another finger to indicate that he needed a moment.  He looked for some good trees to take down.  Hopefully something nice and dead.  After a few moments, Baal returned with a hand full of sticks and logs, placing it down and setting it up for a fire.  

It's probably gonna get cold, so he might as well start a fire.  Several attempts later, a fire was built... tada!  Like magic!  After the fire was built and burning, he cracked open his lunch box and dug in.  "I want to thank you for bringing me here, Tyr.  You've shown me how beautiful this planet can be.  And you're right, home is where I place my heart," he said with a smile as he continued to put food into his stomach.  The food was delicious.  He cleared his throat as a thought entered his mind.

"How are we going to tell the others in the guild?"  he asked.  He cleared his throat and put his food down, unclasping the leather bag on his hip and placed it on the ground.  "Oh, right.  Go ahead and put your wet underwear in there," he stated.  Yeah, this was probably a bad idea, but due to his lack of experience about humanity, this seemed relatively normal and more efficient in his mind.
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 20th October 2015, 11:04 pm

It was interesting to watch him climb the waterfall with just his magic. Invisible hands appearing everywhere around him to propel himself forward..
    She just chuckled, he was really brave to do something like that. There was a reason Tyr played it all safe. She tended to the boxes, unpacking them, laying out a rolled blanket she also bought for them to sit on and she brought out the juice cartons that came with the bundle of boxes. It was a decent meal, could have been worse.

She saw him return, wearing his clothing, his hair still damp from the water as it caressed his face..She felt warm as he seemed so busy around her, finding it comforting that he would do these measly things for her. She enjoyed the fire he had started and picked at her food, her knees tucked under her.

She smiled and thought about how to go about their relationship and the guild.." I believe we should tell Ardere first...." She said. That felt like the best way to go about this was to first tell her best friend.. who just happened to be the Guildmaster... she needed another close friend... She blushed as she placed her underwear into the bag that he kept at his waist... Thinking about what that meant to her, as it probably didn't even phase him.

She chuckled and looked out at the horizon to watch as the final seconds of the sun were passing by.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 21st October 2015, 1:19 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

A Night Lit by Fireflies

Yes, the two of them need to tell the Guildmaster about their relationship.  It was the right choice as something like a relationship, especially between a normal member and higher ranking member, within guild-members may create a stir and even shifted morale.  This also ensures that Baal can no longer be in the same chain-of-command as Tyriel, if she ever so happens to become a leader, due to possible favoritism.   There are a lot of good reasons to tell Ardere about their relationship, but something in the pit of his gut fears that he would out-right deny what they have so far.  Could simply be his misunderstanding of humans and it could also just be that he doesn't really know Ardere very well.

"Yes, I suppose you're right," Baal said as his eyes closed and his mouth widened a bit.  It continued to do so in a cartoony/comedic fashion.  If someone could be straight-faced and if the artist just continued drawing the straight line to express the mouth for much further than the confines of his own head, that'd be the expression Baal had at the moment.

The sun began to dip down below the horizon.  Just in time, as well.  Baal set down his boxed food upon the blanket that Tyriel had thoughtfully bought for this excursion.  He placed his hand flat upon the blanket, feeling the soft material upon his palms.  The moon didn't show it's face tonight, making the night extremely dark, other than the speckle of stars in the sky.  Baal turned his eyes up to the sky for a moment with a pleasant look upon his face.  

"I've been on this planet for about a hundred years now.  I've seen you humans born and I've seen those same humans live out their entire lives to die of old age.  Elysians live very long lives compared to you humans.  Compared to us, your lifespans are less than our childhoods.  So it hurts me to see your kind fighting one another when your kind are such a short-lived species," he said as he continued to stare up at the serene night sky.    That is something he regrets by getting into relationships with humans.  He will watch them grow old, wither, and die while he will remain the same way.  

From the ground, gentle green orbs of light began to rise up.  They appeared to look like orbs, disobeying gravity.  Little stars upon the earth that long to be stars in the heavens. Along with their campfire, the fireflies begin to illuminate the night sky before them. Baal looked at them, for a moment, in pure awe and amazement. Tugging a bit at his lips, he turned his eyes to look towards Tyriel, seeing some of the fireflies gather near her.  
    OOC Notes:  

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 26th October 2015, 8:42 am

Her eyes fell to the ground as he talked about how long he has lived. Much longer than a normal human. She knew what this meant, that he would leave and live, while she would die. Tyriel didn't say anything, just gazed out upon the fields, she wasn't sure of what to say anyways, afraid that it would seem like she was too attached to him already.. Was she? Did he feel about her the way she felt about him? How did she feel about him?

Suddenly just as she looked out around her, she found small sparkles of light float up from the trees and bushes. Fireflies. She smiled and watched as the small bundles of light flew towards them, landing softly on her shoulders and hair. She lifted her hands, palm outwards to let them land in the center of her hands, she cupped one softly and brought it closer to her face. It was so small and cute. " I wish to live peacefully, much like these fireflies do...." She said as she tilted her head to the side and let the glowing orb traverse across her hand, " They live for the light, and die in it. They too have short life spans, yet what they produce with it is... beautiful."

The woman reached over and placed the crawling lightning bug onto Baal's own hand, waiting for it to make the great leap onto something new. She smiled and gazed at him, thinking about just what he had done in life, and what he still wished to do. Hoping that he was doing something beautiful in its own way with the time he has been given.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 26th October 2015, 5:55 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

A Night Lit by Fireflies
    Baal stares intently towards Tyriel as he saw the fireflies gather around her.  This woman is the personification of beauty and even nature knows it.  This caused the Elysian to take pause.  A single firefly found it's way upon her soft hand and she closed it, gently ensnaring the firefly.  Her voice brought him back to reality.  A shake of the head was one of the responses he gave to Tyriel.  "We are mages.  We don't have the luxury of leading a comfortable life.  That's just," he said before turning his eyes a bit, thinking of Elysium for a moment.  "what fate dealt to us."  

The words she spoke of stung.  The fact that what fireflies produce in their short lives were beautiful.  Was what humans produced in their short lives, beautiful as well?  Was what Elysians produce in their long lives not worth mentioning?  All because of the simple scaling of time.  Just that very parable made Baal question the meaning of his own life until this point.  All he did while arriving to Earth was try to survive.  He didn't take much time to assimilate with their culture nor did he really take the time to learn from them.  He had a single goal in mind; to return home.  But this woman single-handedly made him reconsider the last 100 years.  It took someone who had been alive for only 22 years to make him ponder like this.

His palm was opened up and a firefly was placed within.  This caused his heart to race even faster than before.  Was this some form of strange Earth ritual?  How should he react.  Oh!  He knows!  Baal simply smiled towards Tyriel for a moment, keeping enough space between his palms to keep the firefly alive.

"But if they do have short lives, wouldn't it be best to," he said as he opened his hand, letting the firefly free.  "let them live as they are?"  

Baal let out a small laugh.  "Remember I said I was a member of the Royal Family on Elysium?" he asked, recalling what he mentioned earlier.  "I was actually the King of Elysium.  I had a beautiful wife and the majority of the realm loved us.  We were both kind and caring to our subjects.  But someone didn't like the way our traditions were and sought to change it.  These people kidnapped me when I was a child in order to gain leverage and..." he said as he began to explain what happened and how he got here to earth.  

After he explained to her the events that lead him to come to this planet, he smiled a bit.  "I don't regret any of it.  I got to meet someone as amazing as you.  Something I would never have been able to do if I was still in Elysium.  For that, I thank you."
    OOC Notes:
    Refer to here in the flashbacks for what Baal was talking about. 

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 26th October 2015, 8:40 pm

Tyriel pulled her knees to her chest and crossed her arm's over them, placing her chin on her forearm. His life, his story. It pained her to hear it. His kidnapping, his rise, his fall... and lastly his love.
    Her mind flashed back to the firefly, when he let it fly free. Life was a cruel thing that entrapped everyone by death. 'Yet we were allowed to live out our lives freely to do with what we please.'

She glanced at Baal and then her gaze fell to the ground. His words struck her surprised though, as he placed it into her mind that he suffered for this moment. That until now, nothing mattered. She impacted his life that much.
    Here is a world where all the weak was insignificant; she mattered to him. Tyriel wanted to cry, her heart hurt so much.  

Her eyes moved to find his and she lifted her hand to meet his face, her delicate fingers brushing against the warmth of his skin. She turned the back of her palm to graze against his cheek and smiled softly. This was her way of showing him that she cared about him.

Tyriel gave a sigh and stood up, taking a few minutes to stretch, walk around and run her hands over the remaining fireflies. After some while she looked up at the sky; feeling that the earth was a mirror reflection of the beauty in the stars. Perhaps it was out of habit, but Tyriel started humming then a moment later, her melody erupted into words.
    This was a song from her mother, the last remaining memoir from her. A song of love and a song of loss.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 26th October 2015, 10:21 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory

A Night Lit by Fireflies

A gentle hand was placed upon his face.  How could someone so gentle, with such soft hands, be a wizard?  How could someone like her be stained by the perversions of this world?  If only she knew true peace.  Perhaps to become a baker and to find herself a husband, raise 2 children, have a dog with a white picket fence in their front lawn.  That's the kind of life he imagined someone like Tyriel having.  But, alas, with the power of a mage one must answer that calling.  He was then caressed by the back of her hand before a song came from her lips.

Baal stood.

The song was beautiful and the melody was haunting.  He could feel the true emotion in Tyriel's voice.  While he couldn't understand what the words were saying, he simply let out a smile.  Something about the song tugged at his heart strings, feeling the happiness and sadness as the words came out.  As she continued to sing, this only reminded Baal of Elysium more and more.  Emotions began to well up within Baal.  He was torn between his love for his homeland and the love he had recently developed for the place he had called home for the last 100 years because of this woman in front of him.  

After the song was over with, Baal lunged in towards Tyriel and wrapped his arms around her and pressed his lips against hers.  The song spoke to him and made him remember much about the past.  Why did a song that he couldn't understand make him feel those kind of feelings.  Baal pulled back from the kiss and created a bit of space between the two.  He reached up to his right ear and removed the dangling earring from his ear and placed it into her hand.  

"In Elysium, we give something of ours to the one we are destined to be with.  You have shown me beauty in a world I have been trying to abandon in order to return home.  So I want to give you this."
    OOC Notes:

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 27th October 2015, 2:12 pm

Her eyes hung low as she finished the song, its words echoing around her. It was an ancient language that was no longer used; One she could still speak and understand. It brought small tears to her eyes and she remembered her mother singing that to her so she could sleep at night. Tyriel felt that she did that song no justice compared to her mother, who's voice was perfect like an angel.
    Images flashed in her mind of sunny days, laundry hanging on the line, and the smell of salty sea air, and the noise of her father hard a work selling fish by their house.
    The white curtains... then stained with blood, and screaming, so much screaming.

There was something similar to that now, the mist that hung around them due to the waterfall behind them. It roared and had brought her back to reality.
    Tyriel looked up as Baal closed in on her and she gasped. His touch around her waist and the taste of his lips against her's. She felt calm, almost as if she would collapse in his arms and be able to stay like that forever.
    She closed her eyes and her heart felt like it would explode. Her knee's felt wobbly as he pulled back from the kiss.

Tyriel opened her eyes to see him take off one of his earrings. A gift for those they were destined to be with. But wouldn't that be his sister? Unless this was his way of saying that he felt that way about her...She gasped and her eyes opened wide as he placed it in her hand. She looked at the shiny object that now laid in her open palm.
    Tyriel looked up at Baal, " But I....I have nothing to give to you right now.." she said rather ashamed and hung her head.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 30th October 2015, 9:00 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory
    All I Want is You

Baal chuckled a bit before moving his hand up to her chin, elevating her face to look back towards him.  A warm smile was across Baal's face as he looked down, lovingly, at the woman he had just confessed his feelings to.  A person that revived him and gave him purpose to live on this planet instead of meandering aimlessly through this world.  While finding a way back to Elysium still lingered in his mind, he is now wavering on his conviction of actually staying there.  While this doesn't change his longing to retake his kingdom, he now has doubt planted within him on whether or not he'll stay there.  

"Good thing you aren't an Elysian, huh?" he said with a small laugh.  He didn't expect an Earth Human to have to uphold a tradition from a foreign realm here.  The only person absolutely obligated to do this is Baal.  Baal ran his fingers over Tyriel's hair, moving it over her ear.  "If you insist, though, show me how humans on Earth show their affection for the one you want to be with," he said simply giving her a smile.  He isn't too aware of how people on Earth show each other affection other than acts of the flesh, which is something universal; even in Elysium.  Unfortunately, though, Elysians only perform this action to the ones they are fated to be with; whether they love each other or not.  
    OOC Notes:

Kariline
    Kariline

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kariline 2nd November 2015, 5:09 pm

Giving a large grin she put the earring through her ear lobe on her right ear. The weight was interesting, seeing as she didn't wear jewelry often. She just warmly looked at Baal and blushed slightly. She knew of Earth Customs very well, it was just a bit embarrassing to talk about. Mostly because she never thought about them often enough.

She linked her fingers into his, On Earth, when a woman and a man love each other..." her face lit up so bright, " They will usually give each other a token of their affection in the form of a ring." She said while she pointed at her ring finger, " And they become betrothed for marriage... I don't know if you know that that means..."

Tyriel just cleared her throat and looked away rather embarrassed, what is he already knew about all of this... Well he certainly wasn't aware that people got to choose the one's they love on this planet.

Love Warrior Riley
    Love Warrior Riley

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Love Warrior Riley 11th November 2015, 11:17 pm

Chapter 4:
    Morning Glory
    All I Want is You
    "So the custom here on Earth isn't much different than customs on Elysium," he said as his fingers became intertwined with hers.  He looked the woman square in the eyes with a warm smile upon his face.  The customs here on Earth were so much nicer than the system on Elysium.  

The destined lovers custom in Elysium was based off of a story from a long time ago.  A story of passion, a story of romance, a story of true love.  However, the parable became truth as time passed and due to people romanticizing about true-love-by-destiny it became written into law.  At first, people loved the idea and fantasized about it.  Everyone could have "the one" that will always love them and cherish them.  The whole idea was beautiful on paper.  However, life is cruel and the system could leave people alone for their extremely long lives.  It is this loneliness that people fought against.

His eyes focused upon Tyriel's finger.   "Yes, I know what it means," Baal said before placing one of his hands upon Tyriel's cheek and moved her face back towards him and leaned in to press his lips against hers.  After a moment, he pulled his head back from her.  "Do you want to head back or should we spend the night here?"  

OOC Notes:

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 1:49 am