Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

HP and Damage Calc

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Completed HP and Damage Calc

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 22nd May 2015, 1:39 am

I'm pretty new to RP in general, and I play a lot of MMO's. But I've noticed there's a huge problem with calculating damage. From what I've been told, damage calculation is what the individual thinks is "about right" but what if that wasn't the case?
    I've blasted hours on games, trying to figure the proper HP for a D rank. From here, we can just double the HP each rank.

I've noticed from MMO's that when you start you can take 15 shots of your own level's damage. So I did some number crunching and came up with an HP system that will make it so you can do so. This is also great to prevent god moding, calculate how much damage is being dealt to and from an enemy. If you guys like this idea, I can also come up with a scale to calculate Bleed/Burn effect damage as well.

According to the rules on Magic where it says power levels, D rank has 100 power. So it deals 100 damage (without any special multipliers)

This is a scale using the HP system I'm proposing, under the assumption that it takes 15 hits of spells equal to a mage's rank to kill em. 10 hits of an H rank to an H rank, you know... since H rank = GWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! MEEGAAAA DEAATTTHH!!!!!!!

Across is the rank of the wizard, down is the rank of the spell.
    The table shows how many hits it'd take to kill a wizard.
    ----DMG---D-----C------B------A-------S-------H  
    D - 100 - 15 -> 30 -> 60 -> 120 -> 240 -> 480

C - 200 - 30 -> 15 -> 8 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1

B - 400 -  60 -> 30 -> 15 -> 8 -> 4 -> 2

A - 800 -  120 -> 60 -> 30 -> 15 -> 8 -> 3

S - 1600 - 240 -> 120 -> 60 -> 30 -> 15 -> 5

H - 4800 -  480 -> 240 -> 120 -> 60 -> 30 -> 10

Those were the power levels I took directly from the Magic Rules section.
    This is the HP table that can be used.
    Format across: D -> C -> B -> A -> S -> H
    1,500 -> 3,000 -> 6,000 -> 12,000 -> 24,000 -> 48,000

MP should remain as a % value since our rules are VERY clear on calculating MP consumption.

Last edited by Seikatsu on 22nd May 2015, 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Completed Re: HP and Damage Calc

Post by Benjamin 22nd May 2015, 2:21 am

What your not factoring in is how specific an attack can be. If you get hit in the arm or leg it isn't going to do as much damage as getting hit in the chest or head. As far as bleed and burn effects go, I agree with you. But I think your over-calculating it. What's important is describing what happens to the character. Mp is different since that's a measurable amount of energy. But ones physical health is a bit more complex. How much blood is lost? How many bones were broken? Is there a concussion? Are there damaged organs? These are all things that have to be considered and it's all to much to run through a numbers system without dragging things out.
    Tuna
    Tuna

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Armored Beast
    Guild : Tartarus
    Experience : 300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hihiirogane (日色金) - Sun-Colored Metal
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Tuna 22nd May 2015, 3:22 am

Your approach is too videogame-y. Dmitry kinda slung around it, but in layman's terms, this just ain't an MMO o-o

You're gonna notice the more you roleplay that Stat systems, damage calculations, and even ranks, are largely obsolete and you can do without them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 22nd May 2015, 3:27 am

Right. I'll close this as Lyserg's opinion was more helpful.
    Dmitry, I advise you to avoid these types of topics as, by nature, you have a very strong ability to take a broad topic, meant to stay broad, and complicate the FUCK out of it.
    Lyserg, thanks for the input bro. Was just trying to come up with a different way to do the combat method, but if it won't work for RP then meh.
    -wads up paper and throws it at trash basket-
    -misses-

:astonishedface:
    Kirahunter
    Kirahunter

The Phoenix

The Phoenix

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Haiku Contest Participant- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Keeper of War
    Experience : 1,250

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Seith - Human Possession
    Second Skill: Stardust
    Third Skill:

Post by Kirahunter 22nd May 2015, 6:05 pm

We have to think complicated because unlike a video game which has set moves RP has an infinite number of possible moves. So while you've already tossed out the idea, which is good, I am going to ask you consider apologizing to Dmitry. Because he was on point with this.

@Dmitry Even if he doesn't apologize carry on kiddo. You haven't done anything wrong.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[20:44:53] Kirahunter : also I like the sound of my own voice
    [20:44:59] Kirahunter : so I had to say something

Missions Completed

D- 6 (150 exp)
    C- 1 (50 exp)
    B- 1 (1,050 exp)
    A- 0
    S- 0

Total:1250

Character
    Primary Magic
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 22nd May 2015, 8:59 pm

Don't worry about it. I know Seikatsu personally and can tell he's just messing around. We'll probably joke about it next I see him. Besides, I actually do over complicate things.
    Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 23rd May 2015, 2:28 am

:truestory:

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 12:35 am