Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

I will return...someday {Mission - Solo}

I will return...someday {Mission - Solo} Empty I will return...someday {Mission - Solo}

Post by Guest 27th March 2015, 4:08 am

Job Info:

Kiya stepped off of the boat with a shiver. It was already late in Fiore and there was quite the chill in the air even despite the numerous lanterns and lights that had been light along the streets of the Rose Garden. With a teeth-chattering sigh the blonde-haired girl gripped the long black coat that had been given to her and pulled it around herself, feeling instantly warmer and surprisingly more soothed as the now familiar scent of her father filled her nostrils. Sure she’d not spent much time with him, but it was enough for her to appreciate and respect him, and to feel safe if he were around. He’d saved her life not twenty-four hours before afterall. This thought brought her onto her next train of thought; what did she do now? She assumed the Desert Village she was supposed to visit would be a fair way from her current location and she was far too tired and cold to start trekking now.

It seemed her plans for the night would have to wait however as a man suddenly stood before her. ”Can I see your passport miss? Gotta make sure you’re entering the country legally.” he asked with a warm smile across his face. The girl immediately looked flustered as she began to panic; what was a passport? Had Marick given her one? She doubted that as he’d barely had time to write that letter. Did this mean she’d entered the country illegally. As she flustered the man seemed to be watching her in amusement, causing her to eventually question why. ”Don’t you worry, I’m not really gonna arrest you here.” he said softly before offering his hand. ”My name’s Curtis. I’m an old friend of Marick’s – your father’s I mean. He explained the situation in Pergrande. Nasty place for us magical folk ain’t it? Assuming we get caught of course.” he chuckled before winking. ”Anywho, he asked that I take care of you here in the Rose Garden before you take off. Furnish you with a legal passport so you don’t get arrested, get you somewhere to eat and rest, that sorta thing.”

Kiya looked up at the man in complete confusion. ”But…how did he contact you? He never left Pergrande and there’s no way that any magic could reach this far…and also…” she looked down to the floor for a moment. ”…I don’t have any money right now.” she conceded. Curtis laughed and put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump in surprise. ”Ah you’re a cutie. You remind me of your father when I first met him…although saying that, you seem a lot better behaved.” he commented before smiling warmly once more as he showed Kiya a small orb. ”Communication Lacrima. Brilliant stuff; it allows you to communicate with someone over long distances. See, I owe your father a few favours. Saved my ass a coupla times you see. So I said I’d take care of ya and give you a head start here in Fiore. Now come along lass, we ain’t got all night. Let’s get your passport done and then get you some sleep.”

It was only now that they were walking and the light was hitting Curtis properly that Kiya could see him clearly. He was quite a broad man with dark skin and a powerful battleaxe strapped to his back. While most of his clothes were quite plain, his jacket was made of leather with steel plates attached here and there to act as light armour and upon the sleeve was a crest of Fiore, suggesting he worked for the King or at least a faction within the kingdom. All in all he wasn’t a man Kiya would mess with, nor was he a man she expected Marick to know. After a short while of walking the pair arrived at a booth. Kiya stepped inside cautiously, removing the coat so that her face was completely visible for the photograph. A flash later and she stepped out of the booth rubbing her eyes, much to Curtis’ amusement. ”Right then, I’ll have this passport done for you by the mornin’. You go get some sleep.” he ordered before handing the girl a large bag that seemed to clink an awful lot. ”There’s an inn just across the road from here. Tell’em Curtis sent you and they’ll put you up for the night.”

Kiya smiled in return before bowing. ”Thank you sir. I appreciate all the help you’ve given me.” she replied softly before releasing a long yawn. ”Hey now, I’ll have none of that in front of me! I’ve still got a coupla hours work yet! HAHAHA! “ Curtis joked before he turned around to return to work. ”G’night princess. Was nice meetin’ you. I’ll have your passport dropped into the inn for you in the mornin’, but don’t be a stranger eh? Come visit sometime.” he called out before finally walking away, leaving Kiya stood outside of the inn with a considerable amount of money and the thought of sleep firmly on her mind.

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 2:04 am