Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo)

Amara Adrestia
    Amara Adrestia

Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 400

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Huntress
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) Empty Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo)

Post by Amara Adrestia 12th September 2014, 11:12 pm

Job Information:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) QiRNXYQ
    Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) CGma7yz
    Amara's Themes:
    Amara Adrestia
    Amara Adrestia

Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 400

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Huntress
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) Empty Re: Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo)

Post by Amara Adrestia 13th September 2014, 12:03 am

Sakura walked down the streets of Magnolia town all by herself, and slowly made her way to the library. This is the place where she had been told to go by the old woman who had sent her on this job. The job was simple enough, go to the library, find the book and then return it to the woman. And with Sakuras love and knowledge of both books and libraries she couldn't see there being any problems awaiting her during this job. But then again you should never make assumptions.
    After walking for a few more minutes she arrived in front of a large, old building. Its exterior was clearly inspired by the Rococo period, with its intricate stone and wood work and its vast towers. It was very beautiful and pleasing to the eye Entering through the libraries grand wooden doors Sakura was met with the familiar scent of historical books. It felt good.
    The library was rather dim inside however in Sakuras opinion this was how libraries were supposed to be- dusty and dark. She walked over to the librarians counter and spoke "Um, excuse me but where can I find a book named 'Key of the starry skies?'"
    The old woman before the counter looked up from her book, her face etched with lines of age and weariness. The librarian was thoroughly around the age of fifty, she wore a modest dress with no shape at all that swung about her knees. Upon her feet she wore the typical old-person brown loafer, which by judging by their appearance had been worn one too many times. She slowly lifted a skeletal had up to her silver horn rimmed glasses and adjusted them whilst staring at Sakura, taking in her request.
    Once Sakuras words had registered her yellow lamp like eyes widened alarmingly, "My goodness, no one has asked for that book in years! I am surprised you have even heard of it."
    "Um, well actua-" Sakura tried to speak but as she was quiet she was interrupted by the old woman.
    "Im afraid I cannot help you find it," The librarians eyes suddenly began to light up in anger "Some young boys came in here earlier and ruined my perfect orderliness! You will have to find it yourself." She turned her back on Sakura and picked up the nearest book and pretended to start reading it at a random page, in order to end the conversation with the small girl standing before her.
    Sakura was shocked by the librarians behavior, why was she taking it out on her? Sakura understood her frustration but surely the situation could be fixed with a friendly chat with the vandals mothers? She turned in the direction of the nearest bookcase and quietly walked off, not wanting to upset the librarian any more. I guess I'll find the book myself then, thought Sakura, determined to stay positive in this situation. "Pfft, kids these days," The librarians voice sounded behind her.
    Sakura changed her mind and thought it would be most logical to check the section where to book had been previously, so she made her way over to the 'K' section of the library, knowing that if it were children who messed up the perfect order of the library they wouldn't have thought to move the books around too much. She walked past row after row of knocked over or messed up book cases and shelves that were clearly in perfect order before the young boys had entered the library to do their dirty work and try and make their lives more interesting. When she reached her destination she squatted down and began sifting through the piles of books on the floor, trying to find one with a dark blue cover and the title 'Key of the starry skies'. There were roughly hundreds of books in this small area alone, this was going to take a while,sakura thought unhappily.
    It was such as shame, as she had walked into the library she had been expecting this job to be easy and fun for she loved books and libraries however the young vandals who messed this place up had ruined all that enthusiasm and happiness for her.
    She searched for at least an hour, examining every single book within a ten meter radius of the 'K' book shelf. She was getting close to losing it now. Book after book after book after book. Never the right book though. Too heavy, too light, too blue, too big, too small. Ughh, she moaned silently, this job was supposed to be easy. She knew the exact appearance of the book (for the woman who wants her to find it managed to show her a picture of when she had it as a child) and yet she was still struggling! It would be even worse if she didnt know what the book looked like, Sakura was now forcing herself to regain at least a sprinkle of her previous positivism.
    Her patience was wearing thin as she reached the last pile of books in the area she was searching. So far she had had no luck what so ever. She picked up a book at random, she was getting so fed up now that she didn't care for logical systems anymore. She lifted the book up lazily. She saw that the book the had picked up was dark blue. Her heart jumped with excitement, but quickly stopped as she reminded herself not to get her hopes up. She turned the book over to see the words 'Key of the starry skies'.
    Sakura jumped into the air with the book in her hand and shouted in joy. Great, the job was coming to a close! This was unbelievable, all this time and it had been nearly the last book she picked up! Typical! She grinned at the book in her hands. She was beginning to hate looking at books- a feeling she had never ever experienced before and never wanted to experience again. "Yay!" She sang to herself. It felt like a heavy weight had just been lifted from her shoulders instantly.
    Hurried footsteps were coming closer. Probably the cranky librarian coming to tell me to be quiet, sakura reminded herself trying to hold onto her relief and happiness for as long as she could She began half skipping half walking happily round the corner of a bookshelf to go to the counter to check the book out when suddenly the book was swept out of her hand.
    Sakura looked around in shock, she saw a young boy of about ten running away from her laughing with the book in his hand. She immediately ran after him shouting things about giving the book back. Their feet pounded the wooden floorboards as they charged around the library. "Ha ha you cant catch me!" the scrawny boy taunted.
    He was about the same size as Sakura (she was incredibly small for her age so this wasnt really a surprise to her) and he was wearing a light blue hooded jacket which hung loosely over his skinny and bony body- the body most young boys had. He had the hood of his jacket up as to hide his face however his scraggly brown hair was still visible from the sides.
    "Oh yes I can!" Sakura muttered to herself and bulled out a fist full of cards from her bag "Burning cards." She threw the cards at the boy who had his back to her. They soared through the air with great speed and hit him in the center of his back just as they began to set on fire. The boy was a fast runner so it was a surprise to Sakura that her attack actually hit him, he must have been hesitating whilst deciding which bookshelf isle to run down next.
    The boy yelped in pain as the cards burnt in to his back before falling onto the floor, he dropped the book in surprise. The attack wouldn't hurt him that much for Sakura didn't put much effort into casting the spell, it would be just enough to shock him and make him lose his focus. And it clearly worked to Sakuras delight.
    Sakura took this chance to swipe the book of of the cold tarnished floorboards and run away from the crying boy (he clearly weren't as 'hard' and tough as he made himself out to be) with out giving him a second glance. He was non of her business now, her business now was to return this book to its rightful owner.
    She ran straight past the librarian who was shouting at her angrily and through the open doors of the library. She didn't want to be held up any longer, she would have to deal with her later when the job was over. Luckily the woman who wanted the book only lived a couple of streets away. It shouldn't take Sakura that long to reach her house.
    In a few minutes Sakura had arrived at the old woman's door (she was rather sweaty by now but this didnt matter) and was handing over the book to a crying old woman. She was clearly please to see her childhood book. Sakura smiled at the bowing woman, it felt good to help people. "Th-thank you so much you lady," The old woman cried softly and blew her nose loudly on a handkerchief which she had just produced from her sleeve, like many old people did around here "You have truly made my day dear... I cannot express my gratitude..." She blew her nose loudly once again, Sakura shifted silently on the spot not wanting to interrupt "Here... have your reward" The woman tipped a handful of jewels into Sakuras hands from her handkerchief, Sakura found this rather amusing but dare not say anything about it.
    "Thank you for your services... I will be sure to seek them again if needed... Thank you-u-u-u," The old woman sobbed happily once again and waved goodbye to Sakura who was now turning to walk down the street and make her way back to the comfort of her own home, leaving the old woman behind her.
    As she walked down the semi busy streets, jewels jingling around in her bag she couldnt help but wonder what had happened back at the library. Had the boy gone home and told his mother? Had he learnt his lesson about vandalizing the public property? Or had he gone to his friends and boasted about battling a mage wizard, of course it werent much of a battle but young boys tend to twist reality a bit in order to make themselves seem better. Sakura grinned to herself and hoped Chloe, her best friend, teammate and roommate, had started cooking dinner for when she got back home. I hope it is bacon, thought Sakura happily.
    Its all over now, she smiled to herself as she walked off into the distance. No more books for a while now.
    (1837 words: Completed)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) QiRNXYQ
    Find this book (Sakura~Job~Solo) CGma7yz
    Amara's Themes:

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:32 pm