Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

New Year's Resolution

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Mythical VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Bladesmaster
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 300
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 658,820

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blade Summoning
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

New Year's Resolution Empty New Year's Resolution

Post by SlayerMathis 31st December 2022, 1:55 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP1190/1190
    MP500/500
    Speed204m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

Mathis had been spending much of his recent time inside the Endeavor, so it was nice to get out. As much as he had attempted to resist the advances of Lethe for some time, it was true that he probably needed the time off. Writing letters back and forth to Alrest, figuring out the intricacies of the Monado more and more, he had become getting stressed. So, putting on the light pink sweater she had gotten him as a present, plus a pair of what they called "jeans," he stepped out while the Endeavor was docked at Maclean Park.

"I... have never been here before," Mathis mused. "Perhaps you were correct in saying that I have been working too hard. Though... I will be the first to admit that I have little idea as to how to enjoy myself in relaxation." He looked around, seeing a nearby map next to the Endeavor's dock to show off how the place was divided. It was a well divided island, with several different attractions that they could visit. Of interest were both of the nature preserve and the amusement park. "At your request, I did not send out Poppi to investigate these areas beforehand. I suppose it will be fitting for the two of us to spend our docking period together. You wished to see me rest up, after all. So, how shall we begin? I will let you lead the way, Lethe."

WC: 0241 | TWC: 0241

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New Year's Resolution DcM8us5

[center]Mathis Lora | Blademaster Lineage | Monado | Magic | Poppi
    Lethe
    Lethe

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior Dragon
    Cosmic Coins : -
    Experience : 2,290,286

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Archive Magic
    Second Skill: Iron Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

New Year's Resolution Empty Re: New Year's Resolution

Post by Lethe 31st December 2022, 2:41 pm

Leave the Future in the Past, We're Living in the Present now, Baby!

Her pestering paid off, Mathis was finally taking a break and relaxing, granted it was on New Years Eve that he decided to. She had her long hair tied in a rather loose braid as she donned a button up puffy, long sleeve blouse and a long button up jean skirt worn on her waist rather than her hips. On her feet were a pair of combat boots, and despite the casual look, she was classy enough for it. Ollie and Grayhound were staying back as per her orders to let her have alone time with Mathis since it had been quite a while since she convinced him to go on a ‘date’ with her. Greyhound liked pointing out that it wasn’t a date as they weren’t dating or courting or whatever, and that it was more a hangout between the two. She didn’t care about the correct term, she simply hoped one day it’d actually be a date.

She pushed a strand of loose hair behind her ear as she softly smiled. “This is my first time here too, honestly. And as a tradition of every New Years Eve celebration, most people are getting smashed with alcohol.” She shakes her head before she holds her arm out to him to see if he’d let her loop it in his. If he did, she of course went through with linking her arm to his, otherwise she walked forward without it. They would walk a little bit till they came across a little games section. Everyone of various ages were playing games, and Lethe giggled at some of them. The first game she had gone up to was a bean bag toss game to a board that had the new year as the holes to get the bags into. She looked at Mathis and smiled. “Come on, play a casual game with me?” She asks as she was already making her way to the game.

There were four boards set up, and five bags a piece, so the games went by rather fast. She stood in line, and literally a minute later she was up to a line that indicated where she was to toss the bags. She grabbed one of the bags that were put in the bucket that the volunteer gave her, and she tossed it, managing to toss it just right in one of the holes, causing Lethe to throw her arms up and cheer for herself. She tossed a second and managed to get that one in as well. She got a little cocky and missed with the third and fourth bags, so of course she let herself calm down with the last one and managed to get in another hole with the final bean bag. When she was done, she stepped away for the next person to play the game.

She was laughing as she stepped away and looked for Mathis, seeing if he played the game with her or not.

|| Words: 495 || Personal Total: 495 || Thread Total: 735/4000 || Job || Job Approval ||
    #98AFC7-Lethe || #669999-Veles || Olly #00ffff || Greyhound #ff7f0e
    Tag: @SlayerMathis
    Enemies: ???

_____________________________________________________________________________________

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Mythical VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 3rd January 2023, 10:04 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP1190/1190
    MP500/500
    Speed204m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

"Alcohol, hm?" he mused at her comment, accepting her arm. Kora had been pestering him repeatedly about Lethe's interest in him, saying that it would not hurt to at least attempt it. Not since Lorelai had Mathis ever felt any attachment to a human, though to call Lethe a human was not exactly accurate. "I must admit, I have not ever drank in my life. Perhaps that is a bit unbelievable given my age, but... it is the truth." He gave a soft smile after Lethe finished her game. "Nor have I played this game, but it does not seem to be too complex a game. I will try it out."

He scanned the area, staring down the board at the other side. "A game to test one's accuracy in their throwing abilities?" he mused to himself quietly. He tossed the first bag underhanded, bouncing just in front of the hole, sliding to almost fall off the board into the hole. "Right, these were a little lighter than I thought..." he mumbled again before tossing his second. This one sank right through, not even grazing the sides of the hole. His third was much the same, though it knocked his first one into the hole as well. Bags four and five once more sunk in without much difficulty, each one being perfect shots.

"Perhaps my years in combat with various weapons have made this game a bit more of a test than a game. Apologies if you expected me to go easy on you," he teased, offering a hand. That was an idea given to him by Azami. Should she have taken his hand, he would have led her to a small bar nearby, Mathis ordering himself a flavored water and offering to pay for whatever Lethe would order. "I... apologize as well for me being a bit aloof recently. At least in terms of interaction with others. I especially apologize for when I had Poppi work as a secretary of sorts a few weeks ago, dismissing anyone who wished to see me. I was particularly deep into an investigation on the nature of my... unique status among beings in the world. See, typically, a Blade such as myself would not be able to resonate with other Blades - Poppi being an exception due to her being artificial - but because I have obtained some sense of humanity, it appears as though I have inherited the ability to connect with Blades. Yet, unlike other Drivers, I am unable to summon multiple at a time, and I had wondered why this was. After all, Lorelai had been able to keep multiple Blades simultaneously. It appears as though my physiology has been altered significantly enough..."

By this point, he had continued to spew off his scientific musing about his own physiology, ranting at length about his discovery in his interests. The hope was that Lethe did not mind, though Mathis at present did not have much interest in that. Perhaps, as Adenine suggested, she would find his interests in discoveries endearing in some way.

WC: 0512 | TWC: 0726

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Lethe
    Lethe

Alt Account- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Neutral Guild Ace- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Lethe 5th January 2023, 9:57 am

As Mathis confessed he hadn't drank in his life. She smiled as she shrugged. "I haven't either, and don't intend to ever on purpose." She muses. As he said he'd try the game she put her hands behind her back and watched as he got up to a board. His words had been underestimating the game a bit, but she wanted to see how well he did. Even if he missed, Lethe cheered for him.

"Good job, Mathis~! You were close!" She called out at first, till he made it in and gave a bit of a 'woop!' As he came back from finishing his throws, she clapped her hands to him. "Good job getting them in." She laughs as she let herself take his hand when he says the game was more of a test. "Here I was, going to be casual in the games, but it seems I am not allowed to with how you are." She teases back, smiling sweetly as she did so.

She let him lead her to the bar, frowning a bit as she looked at a couple drunks sitting near the bar. She got herself the same thing as Mathis, having zero intentions of having even an ounce of alcohol the whole time. She sipped her water as he began to explain his recent actions, raising an eyebrow as she did so. She let him rant for a moment before she set her drink down and put her hand on his bicep enough to push his shoulder, but there was no indication of violence or anything.

"You realize I could have helped you out right? With your investigation, even though I might not have a lot of knowledge on Blades, I could be a set of fresh outside eyes that could spy something you and your summon Blades couldn't." She smiles as she holds her glass up while leaning against the bar. "Though, now I'm curious, if you gain more humanity, would you be able to connect with more and summon more?" She questions as she sips her water. Of course, Lethe was rather interested in this talk. He was interacting with her, not avoiding her, and letting her in on something that seems rather personal. They were hanging out without her fully dragging him places, and he was relaxing with her.

"There anything else you found out about yourself? Like how you gained some humanity or such?" She glanced over as another man came close to her. She smelled the alcohol on his breath even though he probably didn't have too too much, but it was still enough to get him drunk. It was the curse of being a slayer being able to smell things like that.

"Hello miss, you look rather pretty." He smiles at her as he leaned on the bar counter. He was tipsy enough, and seemed to be a giggly type. Not too bad, but still annoying to the raven haired woman. "You here for the fireworks later?"

Lethe smiled as she leaned closer to Mathis, slinking her arms around his bicep if he let her, or she just leaned close. "Yup! With my partner for the night." She says calmly, even though she wanted to just remove the man from her presence.

The intoxicated man looked over at Mathis, and gave him a bit of a frown before leaning on the counter more, nearly burying his head in his arms. "Why are there so many couples on New Year's Eve that will probably kiss at the fireworks and I have no one?!" He whined a bit.

Of course he was the mood changer kind. Lethe hung her head and grumbled about wishing to be away from him or knocking him out to be rid of his whining. She sighed and glanced at Mathis, wondering how he would react to this man as well.

|| Words: 646 || Personal Total: 1141/2000 || Thread Total: 1893/4000 || Job || Job Approval ||

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 9th January 2023, 10:11 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP1190/1190
    MP500/500
    Speed204m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Mathis was mostly quiet as the intoxicated man spoke to Lethe. "Ah, I see. You are rather intoxicated, it seems. I have heard that people like you can-"

"People like me?!" he said, getting irritated.

"...be irritable. My apologies, I meant no-"

After downing another massive sip, he took a wild swing at the duo. Mathis quickly caught his hand, before in a surprisingly quick manner getting up from his own seat and sliding into the man, loosing Lethe's hold on him without jostling her arm much. His free arm dove into the pit of the man's other arm as Mathis lifted him slightly up off the ground and slammed him down into the ground, driving a boot into his ribcage a mere second later after he was slammed into the ground. With a light groan, the man soon seemed to fall unconscious or asleep. Mathis turned to the bartender with a slight bow. "Sorry about that, ma'am. I will pay for his drinks. It is the least I can do for such a poor display of character from myself." He then turned to Lethe. "And apologies to you for that as well. I have the feeling you wished to do the same to him, but it seems as if I was quicker on the draw." He smiled as he waited for her response, if there was one, before continuing.

"Now then, what were we talking about? Oh, right. Blades. I suppose it would not hurt to allow you to help with my investigations. Obrona had suggested that you may be interested in my physiology, however I figured she was merely japing. I would be glad to let you help me out. I could use a fresh set of eyes. I have heard younger humans say that their elders need help with eyesight. That and some suggestion of things called 'glasses.' I believe Shiratori-san wears them." He paused a moment. "That was a joke. Humor has never been my strong suit. Worry not, I have been told this many times by Poppi and the Aegises. Something about explaining jokes too long. Nevertheless, it would be an immense help. As for if more humanity would allow me to do more summoning, that is also a question I wonder for myself. I know that wizards of this continent are able to summon up to three entities at once, but out in Alrest, the most Blades one could summon was three simultaneously, and even then it required an extraordinary Driver to perform such a feat." He paused again. "In addition... there is something else I am somewhat curious about. As a Blade, I am similar to what people here in Fiore have taken to calling 'Celestial Spirits.' I am, at my basest form, a summon. So I wonder if I am also able to be summoned. Perhaps my state as being partially human discredits this idea, but it remains an intriguing thought that I have had." He took a hand, brushing away his bangs from his forehead to reveal the bright red gem embedded within. "I would like you to touch my Core. Apologies for that being a strange request, but that is also something I have been curious about, and you have offered to help me with my inquiries, no?"

WC: 0549 | TWC: 1275

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Lethe 11th January 2023, 6:07 pm

As the man seemed to take a swing at them, Mathis seemed to get up and block his attacks rather easily. She watched him with slightly wide eyes at how he took care of the man, and put a knuckle to her lips as she glanced at the water she had ordered. After he finished with the man, Lethe opened her hand and ‘fanned’ herself from the sight of Mathis taking care of the pest for her. His apology had her smirking as she shrugged a shoulder. “I didn’t have to touch a bug, and got to see a rather lovely sight. Can’t really say I’m complaining.” She smirks before sipping her drink.

At the mention of one of Obrona having said she’d be interested in his physiology, she nearly spit her drink out of her nose, but quickly raised her hand to say she was fine and to continue. Of course she was… but probably not in the way he thought. She continued to listen and as he mentioned that something was a joke, she actually did snort. She found it adorable how he tried sometimes. She was honestly starting to get lost in a little bit of thought though, backtracking slightly on the conversation. She quickly opened her eyes though and turned her head to Mathis as he continued to talk about how only extraordinary drivers were able to summon at least 3 blades at one time.

She sipped her drink again as he talked about how he was similar to celestial spirits, and she made a face that showed that she found that information interesting. As soon as he mentioned that, she became curious about if he could be summoned along with him. She watched him move his hair out of the way to expose the core he had shown her before. He mentioned that it was basically like his heart to her. As she took another sip, he told her he’d like her to touch his core, and she instantly did a spit tank. Honestly, she almost got Mathis with it. He wanted her to touch his core! As soon as he started apologizing, she held up her hand to get him to stop.

“Yes, I did indeed offer to help, and still will help you if you ask me. It’s just… How do I put this…? Honestly, I don’t think it’s strange to ask me to touch it, per say… I thought your core would be something more personal for you, as you said it was basically your heart, right? I just never expected you to ask me to do that, at all even. It just seems like it might be something rude to do, if that makes sense?” She tilts her head to the side as she raises an eyebrow. How he looked with his hair brushed out of his face made her want to pout, but she pursed her lips to keep from pouting at him. She couldn’t rush at him… Taking a deep breath, she hangs her head for a few seconds before sitting up and holding her hand out to him. “Want me to touch your core with my hand or finger…? Or would…” She honestly wondered if it would be too much to ask this question. Might as well jump, he knew how she felt about him. “Or would it be okay for me to touch it with my lips?” She had a bit of a grin on her lips as she pointed to them, of course she was teasing and expecting him to say her hand or finger would be fine for this inquiry that he requested her help with.

|| Words: 611 || Personal Total: 1752/2000 || Thread Total: 3089/4000 || Job || Job Approval ||

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 2nd February 2023, 11:00 am

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP1190/1190
    MP500/500
    Speed204m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

He tilted his head at her latter request. "I have never seen someone resonate with a core crystal using anything other than their hands. Perhaps that will be something to look into at a later point, though right now I am more concerned about the possibility of resonance in general." He then nodded his head down, seeing if she would take up his offer. In the case that she did, a small flicker of blue light would flash from the core, but after a few moments, Mathis frowned, lifting his head up and declaring that it seemed as if his "unique status" prevented him from having a Driver of his own.

Regardless of the result of his test for resonance, their conversation would be interrupted by the muffled, canned voice of an announcer coming over the nearby PA system. It declared that the fireworks would be beginning shortly, ushering people to make their ways towards their viewing point. "There is a small hill I had noticed a few minutes out of this plaza. I believe it would be rather secluded for viewing the fireworks. I can have-" he cut himself off. He was always so determined to have Poppi scout things out. Information was the name of the game, so to speak, for Mathis. So often he would go out of his way to learn more and more about every situation, to have a contingency plan for every possible event. But his mind shifted back to his travels before reaching Earthland.

The land he visited had just undergone a massive civil war, with their entire nobility having turned on their emperor and his reformist right hand. But even then, he saw that the people seemed happy. That there was a hope, and he remembered hearing from an older woman who ran a bar in a town that had been razed during this civil war. "We don't quite know how things are going to end up," she said, "but we just need to have faith that things are going to be okay." So long had Mathis been focused on this knowledge that the idea of "going with the flow," as he heard people say, was foreign to him.

"No, it would be best to see how it is for ourselves. Keep the surprise undergoing." He offered a soft smile, offering his hand for Lethe to take. "I will be honest when I say that festivities like this have... never been my forte. Before I left Alrest, to celebrate the end of the war, there was a celebration much like this. Even though it has been over two thousand years, I still remember every moment. My Driver had been slain, and the fiend who claimed control of Alrest soon was responsible. Yet I was supposed to be a hero." He instinctively reached for Monado, only to realize awkwardly he had left it aboard the Endeavor. "I was the hope of Alrest. I had Monado. Yet there was a solemnity. People had lost their families, their homes, their lives, and yet there was a feast and merriment. Sometimes I wonder if that will be the fate of all nations. Of all continents, of all lands. I have seen it everywhere I go. The machinations of fate always push towards conflict. I have no connection to Bellum or Pergrande. Yet they are at the crux of a war. Earthland stirs, and I feel as though it will not be long until the flames of strife burn through the countryside." As they reached the hill, Mathis turned towards Lethe, a serious look on his face. "Should war once more take a hold of this world, where will you stand? Where will Meliora Vitae stand? Though I have been in this world for millennia, never have I been able to fathom the concept of these endless wars." He took a seat, looking up at the sky as a firework burst into the air. "Though it is the common man who is affected most by the wars of nations, they are the ones who seem to push it to the back of their minds more than most. What happened in Felidae could happen anywhere. In an instant, thousands, maybe millions, could perish to no fault of their own. Yet they can see fit to celebrate. It is something that has confused me about humans. Their life is fleeting, perhaps moreso than a Blades. When a Blade dies, it will return within a day. When a Driver dies, their Blade simply returns to its core and the cycle begins anew. Yet Blades are conscious of life, while humans are not. It fascinates me, and though I may be part human, there is no part of me that will ever be able to fully accept their ways of view." He brushed his hair aside to show the red crystal in his forehead. "This core will always serve as a reminder that I am not human. But..." his voice trailed off. "...perhaps it is not my place to understand the workings of others."

WC: 0843 | TWC: 2118

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Lethe 3rd February 2023, 3:55 pm

As Mathis seemed to be confused about her request, she sighs as she reaches a hand out and gingerly touches his forehead, tracing her fingers around his core at first after he leaned close to her. “I was mostly teasing, wanting a reason to kiss you with your permission.” She chuckles softly before her fingers felt across the core, feeling the texture of it on her skin. She blinked at the blue flickering light, and raised an eyebrow.

“What… was supposed to happen…?” She wonders aloud, maybe they could try again later.

Her phlox eyes glanced over to where a speaker was, listening to the announcement. Then Mathis took the initiative to go to a hill to watch the fireworks there. She honestly raised an eyebrow as a smirk curled up on her lips. She took his hand and let him lead her before she softly bumped his hip with hers. “Can’t say I don’t like this side of you. Its honestly interesting, and I wouldn’t mind it again.” She listened to his story as they walked, turning her head enough every now and then to let him know she was listening while she made sure she didn’t bump into other people. As they reached the hill, she looked to Mathis as he questioned where she would stand, of course she kept her face as serious as he had been till he sat down. She moved to sit with her legs next to her as she sat on the ground next to Mathis.

She was thinking of his question while looking at the fireworks starting above them. “Honestly… it can happen anywhere. War. My mother technically started a small riot before in Bellum before she was entrusted with my siblings and I. If I could choose, I would choose not to fight in a war… but I fear I would have to… both Bellum and Pergrande aren’t great places, but to protect my family, I might have to choose Bellum… I can’t speak on behalf of Meliora Vitae. But to keep my siblings, blood and not, and my adopted family from having to deal with a fight, I’ll be a shield for them… even though ma’s a great diviner and can kick great ass on her own.” She muses to herself, closing her eyes for a moment. “I can’t say I know why people celebrate in hard times myself, but it gives them a distraction. A sense of normalcy, without thinking of doom. We don’t know how others work either… so you don’t have to feel like you understand everything about humans, humans also think like that too…” She turned to look at Mathis, reaching her hand out to run her fingers through his hair to look at his core as well before she leaned in and kissed his cheek, there was the room for him to push her away if he didn’t want her to touch him like that though.

“I know you know I like you as more than a guildmate or a friend. Or one of your summons would have told you by now that I do. Would you ever consider attempting to date me?” She asks as she leans back, thinking she should have asked that first before she attempted to kiss his cheek, since now her own cheeks were flush from embarrassment of actually attempting to kiss him. This whole asking someone out thing was actually a rather foreign concept to the slayer… it had been quite a while since the last time she had done so.

|| Words: 592 || Personal Total: 2344 || Thread Total: 4524 || Job || Job Approval ||

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 11th April 2023, 3:14 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP1190/1190
    MP500/500
    Speed204m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

The Flesh Eater Blade sat in silence for a few moments following Lethe's display of affection, long enough, perhaps, that she may have gotten worried about his response. "I suppose you make a point. It is not my place to understand humans." He turned his body towards her, reciprocating with a soft kiss on the forehead. "I must admit, this concept of 'dating' is something that I am quite uncertain of. Life of many Blades is too fleeting to consider the concept. Yet... perhaps this is something that is amiss in this world."

He closed his eyes as his head turned once more towards the fireworks. The soft voice of his last Driver rang into his ears. Telling him to be happy. Telling him not to waste this life that he now has. For so long, the guardian of the crown jewel of an entire continent had been warped by duty. For so long, it was his goal, his job, to remain as strong as he possibly could. To hold back all the feelings that he had, because he was supposed to fulfill a larger goal. He was a warrior, nothing more.

Ba-thump.

His face settled into a soft smile. Much different from the dour thoughts that he long had towards all of life. The dark shade of his roles, the thoughts of now what must I do? morphing into the piercing brightness of what SHALL I do and what CAN I do. The light change in the verbiage, the mere changing of a single word...

Ba-thump.

"You are correct that my fellow Blades and Poppi have informed me of your attraction towards myself. They are a chatty bunch. Though I do not know if you are fully a believer in this mindset, but there is a consistent thought they have brought to me. I am much too serious." He calmly picked at some of the grass beside him, idly working on it in his hands as he continued to speak. "What is the phrase? 'Get some fresh air'? I suppose I had long been taking that too literally. I had thought opening a window on the Endeavor or having Zenobia whip up some of her gales was more than enough to get my fresh air! But... I now see what they truly mean. My life has been a long one, Lethe. Longer than many. I've seen far too many moons to count, I've seen the times change in many different lands. But never once have I taken the time to merely take it all in. And I suppose I have you to thank for that. This time I have spent with you, Lethe, is something that I find to be special. This time that I feel..."

Ba-thump.

"...calm, yet restless. Like I should double my efforts in work, and yet I can relax. It is a strange feeling, perhaps this thing they call 'love.' And forgive my cynicism, but it remains difficult for an old man like myself to believe there is a change. But perhaps we can learn if there is that change together?"

His eyes brightened into a resolved, almost child-like pride, as he offered a large smile and an ornate replica of her hairpiece from the grass that he had plucked as a present for the woman who made the heart of stone finally beat.

WC: 0560 | TWC: 0560

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Lethe
    Lethe

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Lethe 31st July 2023, 1:17 pm

As Mathis kissed her own forehead, her cheeks flared up even redder as her phlox purple eyes grew wide. She honestly was not expecting him to do that in response to her. She watched him as the fireworks lit up the sky, as well as his face changed colors with the lights. A soft smile started slipping on her lips as she admired him next to her. As he spoke up again about what his fellow Blades said about her, and about how he was, she stifled a snicker at him saying he’s too serious. She listened to him none the less.

She wanted to hear his words.

He continued to explain that he lived for quite a while, and that he was finally understanding the phrase of “getting some fresh air” as well. She smiled a little guiltily at his comment about her helping him learn to take everything in and him thanking her for it. Her ears popped out and she instantly lowered them back from his words as a steady blush stayed on her face. He found their time together, special? Who took her Mathis and upgraded him with this stuff?

At the mention of love, her ears perked up before she reached her hands up and patted her ears down and shook her head to keep them away momentarily. It’s been a while since she let her emotions go unchecked enough to let loose the animalistic sides of her briefly. She looked at his face as he called himself an old man, letting a smirk cross her lips, then raised an eyebrow to his question.

“With how you’re talking now, I think there is a start of a change coming from you. And even though you’re a serious person sometimes, I find that part of you endearing, especially since you give new takes on things for me as well. And I like experiencing things that are a first for you too.” She says as she looks to the hair piece, reaching her hands out to gingerly hold it and admire it for a moment. “So am I to take this as a yes to attempting dating me?” She let her smile spread wide enough to show her teeth. Her own excitement showing as she put the hair piece on her, wondering how she looked to him.

She moved to let herself be close enough to lean against him, but wasn’t touching him just yet. She wanted to be sure he was accepting of her proposal to date before she went any further, despite how she usually just did as she pleased. This was important to her.

|| Words: 440 || Personal Total:2784 || Thread Total: 5524 || Job || Job Approval ||

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 2:01 am