Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job)

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 
    Lineage : The Eternal Hex
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Experience : 879,612

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 1st gen iron dragon slayer
    Second Skill: 2nd gen rimefrost dragon slayer
    Third Skill: Inner dragon

What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job) Empty What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job)

Post by Thatcywalker 25th June 2022, 4:57 pm

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t41805-lost-in-iceburg

The young dragon slayer yawned as she waited in the lobby room of the Silver Wolf guild hall, sitting in a chair with one leg draped over another as she idlily twisted around a shard of oblivium. The accursed metal was only one of a few scraps she had claimed from the battle of Bellum. It's frustrating nature meant that she couldn't consume it like other metals, a temporary problem as far as the dragon slayer was concerned. Still for the moment their were no avenues to suggest a solution.

The front doors opened inward as Reina shifted her focus to the doorway. Their in it's entrance stood a man with a brunette ponytail along with a uniform she didn't recognize at first. As he walked through the lobby to the front desk she began to recall seeing something similar from her time in Crocus.

"I'm Josey with the Rune Knight division in clover town, I was told to meet up with a...Reina Darksteel?"

The front desk lady pointed in the direction of Reina, who by this point had stood up and approached Josey from behind. The rune knight turned and offered a polite smile, "Hello Ms. Darksteel, I'm here to speak on behalf of my superior about the missing group of scientists in Iceberg-"

"It's Iserheim, now why couldn't this superior meet with me?"

"Well he is a high ranking officer in the Rune Knights, regrettably he has bigger issues to deal with then this...can we sit down somewhere?" Reina with a grunt would had began walking to the dining area of the lobby, to which Josey would had tailed behind.

Leading into the bar dining area of the guild, it was a quiet evening. They were patrons both guild members and tourist alike in the area, but not enough to fill out the whole area. A quiet and hush ambience filled the air as Reina found a corner seat for the two to sit at, occupied only by a wolf at the front of it's table. It opened its eyes momentarily before returning to sleep as Reina slipped into one side, Josey momentarily looking perplexed before sliding in far more carefully eyeing the wolf warily.

"So I take it your familiar with Iceberg?"

"Iserheim, and yes. I have a cave there."

Josey blinked in confusion at the statement before waiving down a waitress for a drink that Reina declined.

"Right, so that makes things a lot easier then. You know given the war and..."

"And...?"

"Uh...I'm sorry I was lost in thought. Ahem. A month ago a expedition was sent out into Iserheim to search for a artifact. The team was being led by three scientists and two mages, all very capable people. Unfortunately two weeks ago they reported harsher conditions as they neared their objective. Shortly after we lost contact with them, the last transmission were them in a panic as they seem to be fighting back against something."

"Not capable enough, should had asked a Jarl instead of sending rune knights."

"We'd rather not involve Iceberg's- I mean Iserheim's government in this, especially now."

Reina had a raised eyebrow as Josey received his drink. The wolf at their feet gave a yawn as it stretched out, causing the rune knight to shift away from the wolf.

"Look, it's imperative that the research team are found with the artifact if they found it at once with upmost secrecy. I trust you understand?"

"You have where they were last at least?"

WC:583

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job) Darksteel

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job) Empty Re: What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job)

Post by Thatcywalker 6th July 2022, 11:03 pm

"And that's pretty much it. They didn't really give me much to go off of except that their last known location was in the middle of the mountains."

Reina sat in Jarl Sventer's hall as she finished recounting her tale. After the meeting with Josey she quickly made her way over to Jordunstrand in Iserheim. Finding Jarl Sventer and Thane Grolaf, she told the two what she had been sent on. Grolaf sat listening to the story with a earnest curiosity while the Jarl looked deep in thought.

"Well it makes sense they didn't want to tell us they were here, especially with the war going on. But they said a month ago? That was before the declaration wasn't it? Surely their would had been some law they could had invoked to get their people out sooner."

"I don't know. Though he made it sound like they really really wanted whatever artifact they were after. Do you know what mountains their talking about to? All I know it's really far north."

"Well..." Grolaf opened up a map of Iserheim as he began to mark on it the trail the Rune knights party took up to where they disappeared. "After crossing the troll's path they went off path to the north. Course that's not wise for anyone but a frost troll, temperatures up there would freeze even a dragon solid."

"It can't be cold enough to freeze a dragon solid! Not unless they were dumb."

"The point is there's no reason to go up there save for bragging rights. And even then their are more exciting and rewarding methods then traveling up north. What I can't understand is why they were searching up there."

"Dreka." Both Reina's and Grolaf's heads faced their Jarl, his single dragon's eye looking at them. "You said they were attacked before disappearing?"

"Yeah, it sounded like they were trying to run from something before they were lost."

"Well, then it's likely they were searching for a tribe of Ymir."

Reina looked confused at the name, but Grolaf recognized it. "You can't mean the original frost giants?"

"Aye. Legend tells that a few scattered tribes lay across the north of our land. They lay hidden away to prepare for ragnarok, outside of the all-seeing eye of Odin. Their they train and build to prepare for the end of days with artifacts from the realms beyond, including of the gods. I guess it's more then legend though...hrmmm." The jarl's eye narrowed in consideration of the information.

"So...these frost giants took the group? They can't be that strong, especially since me and Grolaf took a few down ourselves. And that was when I was much weaker then now."

"Reina these are of Ymir's brood, his own blood. That makes them so much bigger and stronger, enough to contest with the very gods themselves! The Jotuns we fought at the Silent Glaciers were far removed from the line."

"Scoff C'mon, the gods are pretty pathetic once you think about it. I mean-"

"You will not insult the Aesir in my hall!" Jarl Sventer's command came as a shock to Reina who visibly wilted in his sight. She gave a small nod before he looked away from her.

"The fact is that they went so far north, they aim to look for one of these artifacts. It would also explain why they want them; the artifacts of gods and those like them are enough to change one's life forever, even the course of a war." His eyebrows furrowed after the statement and he walked back to his chambers. The silence was only for a few minutes before he came back out with a single hand axe.

"Grolaf! I want you to go with Dreka as far north as you can to provide her support."

"It's R-"

"Of course my Jarl! But where are you going?"

"I'm going to speak with Stonewolf. Something tells me he would know about a private party that would endorse a Rune knight party on our land. For the moment this stays between us until we figure out the fate of the Rune Knights."

Both Reina and Grolaf watched their Jarl walk out of the halls into the cold afternoon air.

"I didn't think he would take this so seriously." Reina would had began as the two walked out of the hall to the outside of town.

"Given circumstances and their secrecy, if this situation isn't handled properly Iserheim could declare war on Fiore for this insult."

"Were already at war?"

"Oh right now were only reinforcing Pegrande offensives currently. It's as much as we can handle until all the Jarls can get organized. If we started a direct conflict it could end badly. Though at the same time we can't let the enemy use Iser artifacts against us."

The two would had entered a general store with a sense of urgency. The lady at the front was curious, but asked no questions as Grolaf bought gear for camping and climbing. Reina also bought some with Grolaf's help, even if her scales could handle the cold with ease she was in no hurry to repeat her last trek into Iserheim wilderness. With a thank you the two would leave the store and begun to organize their gear outside the store.

"So dreka, ready to fight the giants that will bring Ragnarok?"

"Reina." She hissed, "And of course, though knowing my luck, it'l just be a big bear that got them."

"Ohohoho, not that far north."

WC: 918/1501

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job) Empty Re: What is fate to a dragon? (lost in iceburg job)

Post by Thatcywalker 9th July 2022, 9:16 pm

The trek began in earnest as Reina flew through the frigid air high above the ground north, her speed slowed as she was carrying Grolaf who definitely was not expecting this. "Shite Reina! I didn't think you could fly!"

"Of course I could, I'm a dragon remember?"

"Yeah a dragon, who has legs and arms...and a human head. Odd huh?"

"I'm still growing!"

"Yeah that ego is getting sizeable."

Reina scoffed at his remark but kept flying ahead without another word. Which suited Grolaf just fine as he began to hum a tune as his gaze passed over all under them. Soon the day turned to evening as Reina looked for a place to land, finding one by a creek near a grove of trees. Grolaf was dropped unceremoniously as Reina herself landed with ease, a yawn announcing her tired state.

"So, what do we have for dinner?"

The new thane cleaned himself off as he got up, stretching from his inactivity. "Dried meats and nuts with some water for you. I'm going to enjoy some mead and fish." He began to unpack and set up camp as Reina was deep in contemplation. "No that won't due, hmmm." She would had begun to walk off into the woods as Grolaf watched on. He sighed, understanding that she would be back. He just wished she'd tell him whenever she decided to wander.

The fire was soon alit as Grolaf munched on his prized salmon with mead in hand, watching Reina carve and prepare the boar she had 'hunted' prior(Grolaf had to admit jumping and socking them in the head was very unorthodox). The dragon slayer was making use of crude metal constructs to fry the meat over the fire, using salt and pepper to add flavor with a squeeze of lemon. "You know you usually want to marinate the meat before frying it up." Reina glanced up briefly before stirring the meat in the crude construction that if you squinted, could be called a frying pan.

"Eh, why let meat sit and spoil?"

"Fair enough." Grolaf shook his head before continuing. "Do dragons hunt with such blunt force trauma though?"

"Sort of? A dragon landing on their prey usually does as much as a talon going through them. Though I prefer a single impact. It's painless that way."

"You know when I think of a lindworm, painless is not what comes to mind."

"Lindworm?"

"I suppose it's another name for dragon's in our tongue. Kinda like how Dreka is."

"Hm, what does a lindworm look like then?"

"Well you know, like the Midgard serpent?"

"That's a snake though. Big god snake maybe but no dragon."

"And your so sure?"

Reina lifted the slab of boar and examined it thoroughly, deciding it was finished, she slid it off to another metal plate before adding the next slab on.

"Well it's what it looks like. Besides you can't be both a dragon and a god. I mean, it sounds stupid doesn't it?"

"Well the gods are beyond our understanding most of the time being eternal. So it's not unreasonable."

"Dragon are eternal. If no one talks about a dragon for a few centuries they still exist. Unlike gods who don't get worshipped and all of a sudden their name has no power."

"Hey Reina I have a honest question, you don't got to answer it if you don't wanna but, your really obsessed with dragons. I'd argue like a shaman with our gods or a priest, why is that?"

The dragon slayer didn't respond right away as she finished the second slab and moved onto the third last piece. She slid the plate over to Grolaf as she focused on the last. Surprised, he began tearing into the very zesty boar. He was surprised that it was medium rare, figuring the redhead wouldn't know too much about cooking.

After some time the last slab was done, noticeably well done, even a little burnt as it was crispy on the edges. Reina bit into it and, with a content sigh, ate a bit more before she began speaking.

"Well why wouldn't I want to be a dragon? Even ignoring the awe and respect you command as one, the fact you don't have to worry about anything is enough to pursue it."

"What about other dragons or creatures that'd like to fight a dragon. Hell what about dragon slayers like yourself?"

"Well I doubt theirs any creature on earthland that could compete with a dragon. Even if it somehow could deal with a dragon's strength, endurance, raw magic potential, the fact is a respectable dragon would be able to figure out a plan to deal with it. And again that's if the threat could actually be a threat! My own father knew of no other way to fight a dragon save for being one yourself or a dragon slayer. As for another dragon or slayer..." She chewed off a particular big chunk of the boar and began searching around for her flask. Grolaf offered his, and after confirming it was water, she accepted and thanked him.

"...Well really I don't think a fight would go that far to where they'd want to kill each other. I imagine it's like a taboo ya know? So few of us around why drop the number further!"

"Reina, I'm not going to pretend I know about how dragons work, but surely they aren't so different from us that they're capable of hate. And if they hate, they would kill."

"Nonsense! Something like that is so human, most dragons would already know how silly that would be. Maybe a really young dragon would be so brash, but they would learn in time." She gave a sigh as she finished the last of the slab, she looked over at the leftover carcass of the boar and decided she could dispose of it in a few minutes.

Grolaf thoughtfully chewed on the last of the first steak, despite his appetite he really couldn't wolf down all the meat. He would begin to prepare the leftovers for a heavy protein breakfast. "Well they have to worry about death sometime. By hel even the gods are fated to one day die."

"That's because theirs enough people who think they'll die and actually believe it."

"Oh? Then how do dragons avoid the inevitable ragnarok?"

"Ragawhat?"

"Death Reina."

"Oh, cause we choose not to."

Grolaf couldn't help himself with a smirk and began trying to hold back laughter. Reina pierced daggers at the thane as he composed himself.

"Reina, no one escapes from death no matter how hard we try. Even the gods in their might are one day fated for their deaths. How can a dragon defy something which the gods cannot?"

"Because we just do! Their is no thinking or trying to talk about this. A dragon's true might is in our ability to see what we want done and do it without hesitation! No need to worry or stress." She got up and with a huff headed over to the remains further away from the outskirts of the fire. "And i'm going to get rid of this boar."

Grolaf shook his head as she stormed off. He already knew Reina to have a short temper, but to be so naïve? He'd worry more if it wasn't for the fact that she certainly had the power to back up her arguments. Still, he did worry about her constant blasphemy of the Aesir. Even if she didn't try to actively go against them, it was only a matter of time before she irked the wrong people and brought their wrath on her head.

His thoughts were interrupted by a sound of roaring, at first what sounded like a bear, then followed by something far more guttural. He noticed Reina's magic signature had flared up. "Reina?! Reina are you ok?!!" He got up with mace in hand as he rushed over to the source of the scuffle as it got later. Despite the oncoming night they were still enough light to see the shape of a large bear struggling with something. Watching it circle around he noticed it's head in a head lock with a familiar redhead.

He had forgotten that for a mage, Reina was very physical, even rivaling some of the berserkers he knew. With that in mind he merely watched the struggle unfound before him. Despite Reina's best efforts, a lack of technique and size made handling the bear a problem, but the bear was having a worse time of it as it tried to claw and bite at the slayer's metal body, the sound of bone scrapping metal plain to be heard.

After a few minutes Reina seemed to tire of the bear and with a heave, threw the bear into the tree line. The bear flew through the air before snapping through a smaller tree as a dust cloud kicked up from it's landing. Grolaf thought the event was over until he heard the sound of scraping on dirt. Even though he had fought much larger and dangerous, a charging pissed off bear was nothing to scoff at. Reina was prepared for it as it charged forward, only stopping a few feet away from Reina as it roared it's displeasure.

To Grolaf's surprise, she responded in kind. Not with any yell of defiance or anger, but something far deeper and primal. He placed it as the roar he heard earlier, though this time it was loud enough to cause his ears to ring. Thouroughly out matched, the bear turned and ran away from the two as Reina seemed to run after it for a few feet before stopping. When she turned back he was surprised to see a pair of reptile, no, dragon eyes staring back at him.

"I'm going to bed, if he comes back let me know." Grolaf gave a quiet "sure" as she walked by him back to the camp. He now began to seriously consider if Reina wasn't as naive as he thought she was.

WC: 1678/3179

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 9th July 2022, 10:09 pm

The next morning was uneventful compared to the night before. With the fire hot and anything to attract scavengers packed away allowed the two to enjoy a restful night. Grolaf was not the first to get up, evident as he watched Reina stretching in the cold morning air. He had forgotten that ever since she found the curious lacrima, it had made her a hybrid slayer or so he was told. And one of the elements she could handle was apparently frost. Not having the same fortune, he brought out a rune and traced it's line activating it, a warmth spread from the rock to the rest of the body, and soon he felt as lively as his dragon slayer friend.

"You regulary stretch in the morning?" He asked as he began to pack up camp from the night before. Reina finished a deep stretch before answering.

"Yeah, a dragon that doesn't stretch is in for a bad day."

"Well it's nice to see that even the mighty dragons appreciate a good stretch." By the time Grolaf finished packing Reina was done with her morning routine, having packed up her gear already. With that, the two set out once more.

The flying this day would not had been as easy the day before. Despite the impressive distance they covered the day before, they had barely came across the worse that Iserheim could offer. And oh did Iserheim showed them. By midday a wicked blizzard had kicked up through the air, which even the ice dragon slayer was having a hard time navigating.

Grolaf was struggling as bad, despite having some top quality summer runes the cold still felt like daggers in his bones, frost forming on his eyelashes and thing beard. "Reina! Can we find a place to wait out this blizzard? I'm going to be a icicle at this rate!" He hollered above the raging winds. He had no answer from the slayer, but was relieved to feel her descend in the air. Suddenly she dropped quickly as Grolaf braced himself, holding onto her arms for dear life. "Slowly! Slower Reina! Why are you-" He had his answer with a shrill shriek in the air. What he thought was just the blizzard was now something far more physical.

And it had it's eyes on both of them.

Now more aware of the danger that the two of them was in, he quickly began trying to scan below him trying to find somewhere safe to land. The flurries however kept the land below hidden as he felt another sharp tug, this time to the left. He felt something pass by his right, a failed dive bomb from their assailant? Suddenly he caught sight of it! Rocky terrain announced they were near a mountain, perhaps they could find shelter somewhere there? He began tugging at Reina's right arm to get her attention.

Reina was not appreciating Grolaf's tugging. The next time they travel, he could walk! Especially when they were being chased by the biggest falcon she had ever seen in her life. Unlike Grolaf's eyes, hers were more easily able to pierce the dark and snow around them and easily spotted the creature. However she couldn't focus on it for long, if she had to guess it's feathers were either white or black, making it a pain to keep tract of in such poor visibility. What she needed was-

Another tug, and Reina was about ready to hurl Grolaf at the thing when she looked in the direction of it, spotting mountains! He was lucky that she could spare the attention given the threat above them. A sudden raking on her back caused her to gasp in pain, talons carving through the metal scales on her body as she struggled to regain her balance. The two briefly were at the mercy of the blizzard before she focused inward. Casting out with a cry, Aurora lights brightly shone revealing a valley on both sides. Spotting her opportunity, she dove downward to a exposed hole in the mountain as she felt grolaf's grip tighten deathly on her arms. She tried to slow the landing down to where the two could land, but a impact on her backside yet again would cause the two to crash into the side of the mountain.

A silver lining was that they only traveled a foot before hitting solid ground, Reina landing on her back. She was dazed for a moment before she felt a arm tugging at her forearm. Seeing Grolaf, she got up and the two quickly escaped inside the cave. Both were breathing heavily as they stood their hunched over. Now having time to think, a look of anger grew on her face as she glared outside of the cave. "That bastard thinks it can bully a dragon like that! I'll go break it's wings!" She began to move to the front but Grolaf grabbed onto her arm. She stopped and waited for Grolaf to catch his breath, taking a few minutes longer before he spoke.

"Reina, we should make sure your not hurt."

"You think a dragon is so easily-"

"Reina!"

She growled but relented, standing still as he began to look her over.

"You know you ought to close your hood more, your face might as well be a iceci-!" she was cut short as a sharp pain tingled on her neck. Her eyes darted to Grolaf as he was holding something black in his hand with a frown. "Well whatever it was, it got you good, you wouldn't happen to know any healing magic would you?"

"It's a falcon, biggest one I've seen yet. I'm just confused how it snuck up on us."

"The blizzard? It being a ambush predator and all."

"Not that, I mean it's disappearing and hitting far too quickly to be traveling in the air."

"Your healing magic Reina?"

Reina gave a look before she closed her eyes and focused steadily inward. From where she was struck, Grolaf would noticed it growing redder as scales began forming around and over the wound. Soon slightly lighter red scales grew over what once was the wound on the back of her neck. Grolaf merely whistled at the sudden change. "What kind of magic is that?"

"Take over, and dragon take over is especially good." she responded as she looked at the cave entrance once more. She was about ready to walk forward again when her ears picked up a scrape. Then another, and soon she heard something walking. She turned to warn Grolaf, but he was already at the ready as the both of them stared deeper in the cave.

WC: 1111/4290

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 10th July 2022, 2:42 pm

Emerging from the shadows slowly was a white humanoid figure. It's fur covered every inch of it's body as it slowly lumbered out. Long prolonged fangs on both ends of its jaws only served to accent its grizzly 3 eyed stare. Both mages knew what the creature was from different times in their life. "You again??!" Reina struck a battle pose, quickly arming herself with her improved war gauntlets. Grolaf brought out his own mace, his free hand noticeable having a aura of frost coming from it "Well I did say only trolls would be found this far north. Not a lot of room to move around but i'm sure we can-" He watched as Reina charged forward with her gauntlets to launch a square blow on the creatures chest, actually causing it to move back a couple steps from the force.

"-come up with plan." He forgot Reina was more action then words, but it works. He kept back letting the slayer do most of the work, which was going well. A troll was known for it's fat and sturdy body, along with a nasty regeneration ability. Usually you have to take one down with fire or very harsh ice, but watching Reina pummel the creature into the side of the cave wall proved a third method was definitely hurting it more then it could heal.

Grolaf side stepped a falling stalagmite as it shattered near him. He quickly realized that Reina was actually shaking the damn cave with each blow. A testament to both her strength and short sightedness. "Reina! Ease up won't you?!" His words fell on deaf ears as the troll got a good swipe on Reina's chest, serving only to further her rage against the creature. Grolaf then caught sight of a second shape lumbering from deeper in the cave at Reina, which successfully knocked her down to the ground with a hard slam! Before he could act against the new troll, he saw Reina launch him into the air with her feet, causing the creature to slam into the roof of the cave.

With a grim expression he watched as the cave began shaking uncontrollably, pieces of the ceiling were falling as a cave in was eminent. "Reina we need to-" "GO!" she finished his sentence, beginning to run out of the cave with Grolaf. Grolaf would had reached the outside first, turning back he'd realize with dread that Reina had been stopped by the other troll, and he could only watch as the cave collapsed around the three figures.

The blizzard had not relented since the duo entered the cave and it reminded Grolaf by battering his face. Though he wasn't concerned about frostbite, going over to the rubble of the cave and he began to try and remove the rubble. His progress was slowed by the blizzard, something after a few minutes became more then he can bear.

With a focus on his ice, he charged the flurry in his hand. "Ullr! Grant me your control for but a moment long enough to get my friend out of this cave!" With a explosion of ice and wind from his hand it whipped out into the nearby area. Soon the once fierce blizzard was now nothing more then a light snowfall. Grolaf could now tell they were in a valley, but he would soon turn his attention back to the cave in ignoring the two birds in the sky...

Grolaf paused as the realization hit him, drawing out his mace he confronted the two indeed giant falcons that swooped down to his level. Each was about a big as a house with white feathers. One was noticeably bigger then the other, but both had a intelligence that he didn't like in their eyes. He soon would find his troubles worsened, sensing movement coming from the cave in, no doubt the trolls would pick up where they left off.

Which he was surprised to see a red scaled arm break through the debris. All three creatures watched as it's owner pulled herself out the debris, looking far more monstrous then when she entered the cave. Still Grolaf greeted the sight of the redhead with a smile. "Hey Reina you were right! Their wasn't just one of them, they were two!" Reina merely shook her head as she now set her sights on the two giant falcons.

Wasting no time, she went for the bigger one with the biggest leap Grolaf had ever seen closing the distance with ease. The falcon shrieked it's disapproval of the red tick as it tried to shake her off, only to receive a hard punch to it's gut. Feathers flew into the air as the bird went down unceremoniously with a thud and a gasp. Reina wasted no time however as she leapt after the second smaller one. It however had more then enough time to maneuver out of Reina's way and began to circle looking for a opening on the slayer. It would not find one however, as soon Reina sprouted aurora wings and gave chase to it!

Grolaf on the ground didn't really know what he could do to aid Reina in the air. If anything he had to concede that she could probably handle it. Keeping an eye on the conflict in the air above, he would at least ensure the fallen falcon was dead. He walked over and gave a prod, and for it a plume of white smoke erupted from the body! Confused, he watched as it dissipated a new form revealed itself. It was similar to the trolls from earlier with white fur and rather tall, however what was different was that it was much more ape like with two eyes and horns. Vulcans here? It wasn't unheard of to find a Vulcan out this far north, fact was they can perform takeovers to make up for anything they lacked. Like taking the form of a falcon or even...

Grolaf's thought process was cut short with a loud thud from the sky close by him. Turning, he would see that Reina had won out on the fight, the smaller falcon under her foot on the ground. Getting a better look at Reina now, she was definitely using take over, looking even more feral then the Vulcans. Her breath came out in a stream of smoke in the cold air, her body visibly having steam coming off of it. She drew back her iron fist, clearly aiming to finish the fight.

"NO!"

The sudden noise startled both Reina and Grolaf as both turned to look at the source. The bigger Vulcan wasn't dead and only passed out it seemed. It would had repeated the word again and again, it's tone a desperate plead. Grolaf would had turned and watched Reina's reaction. And she relented, jumping off of the falcon as it too ended it's take over.

"It's not a person is it?" Reina would had asked as she approached Grolaf giving off a very noticeable heat from her body that he even he could feel.

"No their Vulcans. Primitive creatures, they've been known to mimic our speech. Right dangerous though with their take overs." Grolaf would had raised his mace at the horned Vulcan getting up but Reina put a hand on it. Relenting, they both watched the battered Vulcan hobble over to the other on the ground to where it gently knelt down and held it in it's arms.

Grolaf was ready to leave this whole mess behind, fact was he didn't want to give the Vulcans a chance to recover enough to attack again. But as he turned to Reina he noticed she was digging through the debris of the fallen cave. "Look if you forgot something can we try to find it after we deal with the Vulcans?" His question was unanswered as she lifted a very heavy looking rock off the pile and a arm stuck out. Instead of a troll arm like Grolaf was expecting, instead it was much smaller.

The thane watched as Reina, carefully, lifted a young Vulcan out of the pile. It looked in shock but alive as it stood on it's own when she set it down. With confusion on it's face, it ran fearfully to the other two who were surprised at first, then quickly embraced the smaller one tightly. Grolaf now seeing her goal, would had joined the slayer as they dug through the debris for the second Vulcan.

Grolaf would had found the second as it shot through the rubble that he was removing, causing him to fall on his back in the snow as it ran hooting in a panic towards the other Vulcans. The four together now, he could see that it was more like a family. "You ready to fly again?" Reina asked, which the thane turned and nodded. Without much ceremony, the two took off in the air leaving the Vulcans below.

WC: 1495/5787

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 10th July 2022, 5:59 pm

The fight took up a sizeable portion of their afternoon so the duo had traveled less then the day before. Still they were now so far north that nothing seemed to exist save for snowy mountains. So the two would search around for a cave to hunker down in for the night, which they eventually found one near the base of a mountain. Inside both the bottom and top of the cave were covered in a thick layer of blue ice that reflected what little light their was before the night came. Their was no prey to hunt this time around, so both had to settle for the dry rations that they packed. A small fire was set up near the center of the cave where the roof was the highest.

Reina had finished her ration as she began absentmindedly chewing on a solid piece of ice she broke off from elsewhere in the cave enjoying the warmth. Grolaf himself was finishing the mead for his meal as well, though he was troubled.

"Hey Reina, why do you think those Vulcan attacked us earlier in the day?"

She was brought out of her trance by the question, and set the ice down before responding, "We were near their home I think, why else would those younger Vulcan be in the cave?"

"I suppose, but how did you know the trolls were Vulcans?"

"They were?"

"Seriously Reina? You were going to dig up two trolls for the sake of it?"

"No I was digging for the Vulcans."

"...why?"

Reina let the question hang in the air, contemplating a answer as he watched on.

"Reina those Vulcans could had killed us, hel they probably were going to eat us if they could. Did you know that?"

She didn't have a answer for that one either, and Grolaf sighed at the silence.

"Look, if you have your own moral code then fine...but at least tell me why you were sure they weren't going to attack us with our backs turned."

"...I just knew."

"A dragons intuition?"

"Uh, yeah...yeah! Just that good at knowing what they wanted!"

"And how did you know what they wanted?"

"...Well, they're a family. And food that far north would be scarce to find. So they would had to act on every chance they got."

"But did you know that before we fought them?"

"..."

Grolaf decided that was enough questions about the day, seeing Reina was at a loss for words. He didn't believe that Reina had a ulterior motive to giving them mercy. But the fact that she couldn't give a clear answer was telling. He would decide to be more straight forward.

"Last question about this, why did you spare the Vulcans and even helped them? Especially when they attacked us?"

Reina had no answer at first, instead looking from Grolaf to the fire. He waited for a minute before she responded. "Because I wanted too."

"Sure...but why?"

"Well they were defeated. No need to kill them and we weren't in need of food. Besides they could speak."

"They mimic our speech Reina, they don't know the meaning of our words."

"I'm pretty sure we both knew what it meant when it said no."

Grolaf opened his mouth as if to object, but conceded her point. It was just odd that of all people, the redhead with a ill temper was the one to be so...peaceful? Or maybe merciful was a better word for it.

"Your not worried that we will have to fight them again?"

"No Vulcan, no matter what form it takes, can defeat a dragon."

Grolaf gave a chuckle to himself as he didn't argue against her sure reasoning. With a goodnight, he turned in as soon Reina followed in her own bag, falling asleep to the glow of Aurora lights.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning was a brief one with little talk, both knowing they were now very near where the rune knight party had been last reported. The dawn revealed a clear sky with only a strong frigid breeze to offer any opposition to the two as they made their way into the air. Reina flew low enough to where the ground was visible but high enough to avoid any ambushes from the ground as they scanned. A hour would had passed before Grolaf was able to point out some wreckage.

Reina would, after circling around once, land at the sight. Before them were the tell tale signs of a fierce fight; what once must have been a sled pulled by horses was now in splinters across the landscape. "Well this confirms they were attacked. Now the question is where's the giant?" Grolaf asked aloud to himself as Reina began sifting through the snow.

For Reina this was beginning to become ideal. Before she thought the team had been ran off by some bear, but even she could see whatever had caused this destruction had to been strong. Still, they had no idea about the fates of the others and had no ideas on how to track them. She pondered how to track them as she looked through the remains, a grizzled smile greeted her. She gasped as she took a few steps back, Grolaf quickly joining her as he saw the discovery. Their before them was the skeletal remains of a human, further clearing of the area by Grolaf would reveal only the upper half of the torso, the bottom shattered to pieces.

"Well we have a casualty, it's not looking well for the rest of them." He would had picked out something from the hand as he removed it, a ring. After he looked it over though, he could place that it was indeed a magical artifact of some sort. "I found a journal Grolaf!" Reina reported, which after pocketing the ring he would had joined her looking at the leather tome.

The worn leather on it was still fresh to the touch, a sign of magic infused into it. Opening it with ease, Grolaf would had found a treasure trove of information.

"Ooook, so these lads and lasses were five originally picking up a sixth member from...neverwinter! Aight so that explains how they got this far. This is also dated from before the start of the war so we can confirm that too. Let's see here...trouble with Vulcans, a encounter with a troll, some thoughts about...polishing wood...Ah!" Grolaf looked excited as he began reading from the latest entry.

"We now are on the cusp of no man's land here for iceberg, the frigid north. Our guide tells us that no one has lived there since the great disaster, and now he claims giants roam without issue. Personally I find it all rubbish since we have yet seen signs of anything except the unfortunate bird or lemming. Still, our backer ensures that we will find the ruins of the Jotun and find a relic from Yggdrasil still in it, apparently he has it on good information that we have the only key to unlock the ruins. I hope for a productive day tomorrow."

Grolaf stopped reading to consider what had been revealed as Reina looked on curious.

"So the artifact their after is from Yggdrasil? What's so special about it?"

"Yggdrasil is not a thing Reina, it is the world tree that binds all of the realms together! The very tree Odin killed himself on and was rebirthed later! The very tree to house the norns and the fates of all! It's very sacred, and it's collapse will bring the end of all the realms in Ragnarok!" Grolaf became more excited as he went on. "The fact is if they believe the Jotun have a artifact of the tree then it would be powerful. It could offer untold secrets, strength or life! Something like this could definitely shake the world."

"Ok but it's in a ruin? I haven't seen anything out as far as I can see."

"Well it could be underground, or even invisible. The fact is true Jotun's are as strong as they are cunning, the fact why they are always at odds with the Aesir. Of course that does make it harder to know where to look, and this key? Maybe it's still around somewhere..."

Taking his cue, the two began to look amongst the wreckage trying to find anything that may look like a key, but after a hour their was no luck. However as Grolaf prepared a new plan, Reina spotted something curious in the snow. "Grolaf!"

The thane hurried over to see what she was talking about, and revealed a curious depression buried by the snow. The ice slayer cleared the top snow with ease, granting a clear picture of a imprint in the snow, no a footprint. The very shape was similar to the giants they tracked at the Silent Glaciers, but far bigger. Grolaf looked on with apprehension at the track. "Well Reina, this is what a descendent of Ymir leaves in their wake."

"Tch! Bigger they are the harder they fall right?" Grolaf gave a grim chuckle at the response, "Bless you dear. Let's see if it goes any further."

WC: 1529/7316

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 10th July 2022, 7:18 pm

The footsteps were difficult to follow at first on account of having to clear snow every time they wanted to follow them. But Reina proved adept at manipulating the snow in front of them, and by the evening they followed the steps to another barren mountain. With the foot steps leading up to the mountain, the two were at a pause.

"So the mountain is the ruins?"

"It's a good possibility, especially with Jotuns involved." grolaf replied as the two landed on the snow in front. Despite it's size, they were no noticeable points of access for them to try. Reina utilizing her magic sensory though would had figured out the ice on it was heavy with magic, a very potent ice magic. Flying up to it, she would had carved a bit off to taste before gagging.

"What's wrong with the ice Reina?"

"I don't know! It's mixed with something."

The sound of crumbling and fracturing ice could be heard coming from where she had tasted. Suddenly splinters of ice would had shot outward, blanketing the front of the mountain. Reina was able to form her iron scales in response, which held fast against most of the shards while Grolaf ducked and covered himself with a ice shell. Soon to the both of them it was evident their was more to this mountain as a figure emerged from the ice. It stood at least twenty feet tall with a humanoid figure, large proportions and sharp edges, it's face a reflection of the duo staring at it.

Reina reacted first with a yell and flying towards it with her fist, only to be deflected by a swipe. Not letting this deter her, she circled around as she hardened her scales further, them taking a shine like titanium. With a flow of copper tracing through the lines, she grew faster as she flew in and got a successful hit on the creatures face. It moved from the impact, but quickly swiped around in response. The dragon slayer ignored the blow at her own peril, finding herself slammed into the mountain.

With the slayer out for now, the creature turned it's attention to Grolaf finding him nowhere to be seen. It took a step forward, only for it's foot to suddenly fall deeper into the ground. It's foot caught in a trap, it was grounded as Grolaf came out of the nearby snow. With a yell and his mace glowing white, he charged and smashed it on the ice leg. It fractured as splinters of ice flew out of the impact. Before Grolaf could start another swing the leg was moving out of the trap and he was forced to retreat from the ice elemental.

At this point from the mountain the slayer flew out with another blow, this time to it's back. Learning her lesson from last time, she shot straight into the air as the thing swung around. "Feel the power of the dragon flame!" From her gauntlets clashed together, fiery bolts of black and red shot at the behemoth in quick succession, bombarding it with multiple blows of raw draconic power. Black smoke covered the giant as she began to descend to see if it had fallen. Her answer was a downward swing that she barely had time to block. While her scales held firm against the blow, it still knocked her straight into the ground with a painful crack.

Reina was dazed as the creature emerged from the smoke, despite it being cracked across multiple parts of it's body, it still stood firm. As it raised it's ice fist to try and pummel the dragon slayer into the ground, a sudden appearance of ice would had formed between it's fist and head, causing it to freeze in place. "Reina the leg!"

Noticing the large fracture on it's leg, she once again closed her gauntlets to fire off more of the draconic power held in her, this time the blasts focused on one point. This time the leg shattered with ease, the elemental no longer having a leg to stand on! "Ha! That's what you get for being bad tasting!" she cried out victoriously, unaware of it growing closer until too late. Growing brighter by the second, the body fell forward to where Reina was standing, suddenly being slammed by the elemental into the ground with a flash of light.

Grolaf was briefly blinded from the impact as he braced himself from the winds of it, taking a minute to recover. When he could see again, shards of the ice elemental scattered the landscape, yet know sign of his companion. "Reina? Reina?? Reina??!" he called out into the evening air, desperately searching for any sign of her.

WC: 789/8105

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 10th July 2022, 9:50 pm

It wasn't the first time the slayer had been in this dark of unconsciousness. She had walked it's road plenty of times to know the steps. And even though she knew where it lead she followed it to it's end. The room was dark save for light coming in from a hole in the roof, her footsteps continued until she was under it. A scuttle in the darkness, she turned her gaze to notice the imprint of a fist in the ground. Despite knowing what was in that darkness she still could not move, could not fly out of that hole, as if some force held her in place. And the hands began to come out of the shadows. Grey, dead, lifeless hands outstretched to her, only stopping at the light's edge as if it were a barrier they could not cross. And then one hand reached out to her, this a much different skin tone of brown with claw tip hands. As the familiar figure slowly exposed herself to the light, Reina's heart felt like it was going to pop.

She loudly gasped as she awoke from her stupor, struggling to calm down her racing heart. With each inhale of frigid air she slowly felt herself calming down as she began to recollect what happened before. The mountain, the ice elemental, the fact that it fell on her and she wished to not be there at that moment. As she looked around though she realized that she was no longer before the mountain. She picked herself up as she looked at the ice walls that surround her. Similar to the cave she and Grolaf shared before frozen blue ice coated the walls and ceiling. Unlike that one though, this cave had no evidence that their was any rock beneath the ice, looking down it felt as though they were another world just beneath the ice.

She looked around and realized Grolaf was nowhere to be seen. Now utterly confused, she looked around for any sign of how she got here and had none save for trace amounts of white snow around. With no other option, she looked forward and saw a tunnel carved out of the ice. She would follow it to eventually find herself outside in a alien world. It wasn't the land itself that was the issue, it looked like regular Iserheim forests and mountains save for that some looked bigger then normal. The sky however was a far different cry. There where it should had been a setting sun was just blackness and the night sky filled with countless stars. Except it was also day?

Reina actually had to sit down to take the whole thing in, how could it be day with night visible so plainly? After a few minutes her head hurt trying to comprehend it and decided to ignore the detail for now. She would begin to walk around trying to find a sign of anyone around, which yielded her finding a well? The well looked to have been made from old cobblestone with a simple wooden roof. Looking inward, the well was full to the top with clear water. "That is not your well kin of Ask." A voice called out, snapping her attention to the source. It wasn't the oddest sight Reina had seen, an old lady from the looks of it with a hunched back, cowl wrapped tight around her face burying it in black.

"Then whose would it be that's so important?" She asked defiantly, which made the crone laugh.

"The fact you do not know it's owner is proof enough dear! Tell me, who are you to wander these lands?"

"I'm Reina darksteel, daughter of Chalybe the living furnace."

"I do not recognize either name, you ventured from afar I take it?"

"What do you mean? Were in Iserheim right now."

That earned a cackle from the crone, which stoked a flare of fire deep within Reina.

"Oh your from Midgard! That explains much, not how you got here though."

"What's Midgard?! Or rather where am I here if it's not Iserheim?!"

"Such a temper! Please do calm down, I'm afraid my old heart couldn't bear much of your fire dear."

Reina couldn't tell if the crone was being sarcastic or not, but relented as she chose a fallen tree to sit down on. The crone chose a flat rock to sit on with a sigh.

"Now as for where you are, your in Jotunheimr. I'd take it you didn't intend to come here?"

"Is this where the rune knights were taken?"

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know who those are, though I find it hard to believe they would be here...actually if you don't mind me asking, what were you doing before you arrived here?"

"I was trying to find a group of rune knights that may had been attacked by a giant. I was fighting a huge ice elemental with Grolaf and it fell on me. Then I found myself in that cave over there."

The crone looked to where Reina pointed, then considered the slayers words.

"I see now, well I dare say you are far from home. You said you were tracking a giant?"

"Yeah?"

"Hmm, I do have a rune here that can help you out. Just take it to where you landed and raise it above your head, it should take you to the giant you seek."

"Oh? Thank you for it."

Reina hopped off the fallen tree and was about to take the rock from the crone's outstretched hand before it coiled away from Reina. Confused, Reina looked at the crone expectantly. "Sorry my dear, I do have one favor to ask of you. I wish for your eye." Reina was confused by what she meant before the crone gave a small laugh before continuing.

"Forgive me I rarely speak to others! Truth is this Iserheim sounds like a interesting place, I was hoping you could take this rune and leave it high on a mountain, preferably one that can see the land best." And the crone would hold out a second rune with the first; where the first one had lines marked like a wave, the second had the mark of a square eye.

"Sure, It'll be done after I find the rune knights." and took both runes from the woman. Reina would then begin to walk back towards the cave. But before she did she realized she missed something. "Hey what's your na-" She would turn back around to see no crone, or anyone for that matter there. Thoroughly confused, she decided she would talk to her Jarl about the encounter later. Going back to the cave, she held up the waves rune with one hand. Soon the rune gave off a rainbow shine that soon blinded even the Rimefrost slayer before she was gone in a flash of light.

WC: 1150/9255

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 10th July 2022, 11:25 pm

Grolaf was running out of ideas fast. He had scoured the area around the mountain up and down to no avail, and was forced to make camp at it's base. Of course the bigger issue was Reina's disappearance, it would be one thing if she was smashed under the collapse of the elemental but it's another thing to find not a sign of her. Along with no sign of anything around, he'd probably have to make the trek back alone and hope he can get a rescue party in time to search for her. Though given it would be a couple of weeks, theirs no telling if she would be alive still, or even if she was now. Grolaf would make a prayer to odin, his talisman clasped tightly in his hands, "Oh all father my brother, please show me where Reina lays. If not for her sake, then so that I can uphold my duty of thane to look over my people, regardless if they know it or not." He would repeat the prayer multiple times before sighing as he looked up at the night sky, watching the aurora lights dancing across the night sky with it's colors of reds and purples.

He blinked once, twice, ensuring his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. Sure enough, the usual green was being joined by reds, yellows, and even purple! Soon their was a clear wave of rainbow that shot across the night sky before colliding with the ground, the sound of ice cracking from the impact of light. It would then fade, the night returning to its normal green. Without a second thought Grolaf geared up and rushed out to where the rainbow had impacted the ground, sure that while unorthodox, his prayers had been answered.

Reina did not enjoy being used as a solid object to break through the layer of ice, getting up slowly from the impact in the ground. She looked up at the hole she came through and was satisfied that she was at least back in Iserheim. Though where in Iserheim was a bigger question. Looking around, the slayer's keen eyes was easily able to pierce the darkness. Around her laid ancient stone pillars with depictions of various trees and people, none of who she recognized. Among it all was also a statue sitting in a giant chair toward the center back of the cave. If she had to guess, the ruins here were meant to worship the giant statue.

Reina slowly began putting the pieces together, and with a smile she had finally found what they were looking for! "Hey rune knights! Were here to get you! Hello? Hellooooo?" She hollered out loudly into the ruins, her voice echoing back to her. She waited for a reply that would never come, and she began to look around herself. She'd first check near the sitting giant statue for any sign of them.

As she approached it she was surprised at how much bigger the statue was up close. It was easily the biggest statue she had seen in her life, even the size of a dragon! After gawking at it enough she looked around the statue, conjuring a wave of aurora light to aid her in the effort. With after a few minutes she found odd life like statues of stone. Examining the five of them, they were all in poses of fright with realistic detail carved into their making. In fact, four of them bore a eerie similarity to the rune knights.

"Could you be what I'm looking for?"

"DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU SEEK." A booming voice that shook the cavern responded to her question. With confusion she turned to find the source as everything continued to shake and shudder. She soon realized why as the statue in the chair began to move, positioning its head to look down on the slayer. It's eyes glowed like stars, the skin seemingly made out of not stone but pure ice.

"Y-you? Your alive?"

"DESPITE THE EFFORTS OF OTHERS I STILL DRAW BREATH."

"O-oh. Why are the rune knights here?"

"BECAUSE THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM ME. ARE YOU HERE TO DO THE SAME?"

"I don't care for no stupid Yggdrasil! I just want them back and not made out of stone!"

"THE FACT THAT YOU KNOW WHAT I SPEAK OF CASTS DOUBT ON YOUR INTENTIONS."

"Are-are you doubting my word??! Who are you to cast judgement on me??!"

"I AM FAR OLDER THEN YOUR ANCESTORS KIN OF EMBLA. I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO CAST JUDGEMENT ON YOU."

"My ancestors were dragons! For I am Reina Darksteel! Daughter of Chalybe the living furnace, a dragon far stronger then you!"

"REGARDLESS OF YOUR DELUSIONS, THIS IS STILL MY DOMAIN. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO INTRUDE HERE. LEAVE WHILE I STILL HAVE MY PATIENCE."

"I'm not leaving without the rune knights!"

"VERY WELL, KNOW THOUGH YOU CHALLENGE JOSKAR, DESCENDANT OF MIMMIR. THE ONE WHO WILL FIGHT THE GODS IN RAGNAROK. FIGHT WELL AND YOU MAY HAVE A CHANCE TO FIGHT ME AGAIN AT THE END TIMES."

WC: 847/10,102

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 11th July 2022, 8:17 pm

The ground shook as she watched the figure stand from it's collosal throne, and Reina ran away from it's side as his hand aimed a punch downward. She put at least fifty feet of distance between the two in the ruins as she readied a stance, her gauntlets clashed together sending sparks flying.

Joskar closed the distance in two steps.

Even though she could feel no magical presence from the frost giant, his mere presence gave credence to his power as he lumbered forward, his eyes never leaving her. Memories of past fights to where she had been tossed and handled like a toy surfaced against her will, threatening to break her focus. Her will won out though, as he reeled back and came down with his monumental blow, the very air seemed to have been destroyed as it made it's way to her.

"IRON DRAGON!"

Reina became coated in titanium scales bathed with raw draconic energy that gave her the speed to move out of the way. She however quickly continued to be on the move as his colossal hand swept the ground toward her until smashing into a nearby pillar. Taking this opportunity, she took a leap forward smashing both gauntlets into the Jotun's blue flesh, and was flabbergasted as it bounced off.

To her misfortune it was the opening that Joskar needed as his other hand came down flat on her as if killing a mosquito. Reina practically bounced off the ground from the blow, even if her scales blocked most of the damage, the bit that got through shook her whole body. Her sight became dizzy as she could barely make out the giant's hand reeling back for another blow. On instinct, she created ice formations in the air to intercept the giants blow, this time it was stopped.

Taking the time to gather her breath, she focused on her will to win, soon becoming covered in shining aurora lights. Feeling her strength bolstered further, she took flight in the air around Joskar. Every story told that their was a weak point in the scales of a dragon that one needed to hit to win, so for something inferior- She scarcely dodged out of the way of a elbow, it carving a long trench into the side of the icy wall. Seeing no evident weak point, she decided to overwhelm.

With both gauntlets clashed together forming a dragon's mouth, bolts of draconic power shot forward at the giant. Joskar merely reached upward, his hand taking the brunt of the damage as it closed in on Reina, who was too late to realize her ineffectiveness.

Joskar felt the kin of Ask in his grasp trying to pry herself free. He'd have to confess if she was a tad bit smarter, then he may had been in trouble. "BETTER TO UPROOT A TREE..." He clenched his hand and with the sound of crunching metal, the struggling ceased, "...WHILE ITS STILL A SAPLING." He felt no joy in doing such a thing. Though arrogant, her fighting spirit was-

A piercing pain in his palm caused him to open his hand in reflex as he stared down with his two white orbs. There laid the woman, bloodied and breathing heavily, but glaring angrily at the Jotun with a open wound on his palm. Not exactly blood on her though, it seemed the scales she had armored herself with had changed color.

He held his gaze until he noticed her looking above him. Following her gaze, he found a face full of a giant chuck of ice with a man's voice calling out into the cave.

"Darksteel! Gods damn it all can't you wait for me before you start fighting??!" Grolaf shouted into the cave below. By the time Grolaf had reached the hole he had already noticed Reina fighting the colossal Jotun, definitely a true frost giant. He already knew that if Reina was barely scratching the damn thing he'd have no chance, so the second best option was to create a opening. And if sending half the ceiling down on it's face wasn't a opening, he didn't know what was.

Soon however he felt the ground he was standing on shake and begin to collapse. Running for everything he had in him, he sprinted across the ice as it collapsed. After clearing at least a hundred yards the ice had stopped collapsing, and after looking back to confirm he allowed himself rest. Taking big gulps of frigid air, he looked back at the vast hole in the shelf before him. With a grimace he watched as a giant blue hand grasped one shelf of the ice, before the rest of the Jotun came out. Standing so tall Grolaf could not see it's face, only the white orbs of it's eyes as it seemed to be one with the night sky. The jotun's voice, shook the very air around them.

"USING ICE AGAINST ONE FROM JOTUNHEIMR IS...UNWISE."

"In my defense it's the only thing I have to work with, the norn's had only blessed me with such!"

"SO WHY DO YOUR LEGS SEEM FROZEN? SHOULD YOU NOT TRY TO FLEE?"

"I'm a Viking Jotun! My death here only grants me passage to Valhalla! Besides! I can't leave my friend by herself! I'm her thane!"

"THEN TAKE PRIDE THAT YOU MANAGED TO SCRATCH ME WITH YOU TO VAHALLA, AND WE WILL MEET AGAIN IN RAGNAROK."

Grolaf had no illusion that he was going to escape, nor would he want to. Not because he sought death, but because he couldn't return back to Jordunstrand knowing he left Reina to die by herself. And so, with his mace raised in the air with his strongest frost aura, turning it into a bladed weapon, he took comfort in knowing that he at least would be a thorn in the Jotun's giant foot.

WC: 978/11,080 (WC reached for 100yr job)

Last edited by Thatcywalker on 12th July 2022, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 11th July 2022, 8:57 pm

The ground shook as the Jotun's foot made contact with the ground, shaking every bone in Grolaf as he stumbled trying to maintain his balance.

Did the Jotun miss? Grolaf now realized if it was such a lousy shot he really should had tried to dodge out of the way. But his magic sensory was picking up something further ahead of the two of them. From the hole a slew of Aurora lights were glowing brightly. The green waves however were soon joined with red bolts of lightning, as a dark clouds soon billowed. Soon, all of them seem to mix and weaved together before forming a pentagram. As quick as it formed though, it soon vanished as the lights faded. Though the power behind it did not.

Anima...Incarnata!!!

Soon pouring out of the hole were dragon heads! So many shot out like arrows toward the giant! Some where Grey like iron, black like the night, bright as the stars, and even a few possessed the red electricity with black clouds! All would had landed soundly on the giant target as the Jotun shielded his face and chest with it's massive armors, each impact sounding like thunder as they impacted the giant.

From Grolaf's point of view he could see that the impacts did some serious damage, what looked like splotches were left on the giant's body as even in a few places their were evidence of fracturing ice.

Before the two could act, a sudden creature burst from the ice at the Jotun! Despite the night, the aurora lights above illuminated the creature. Long lanky blood red body covered in jagged shards down to it's ten clawed feet, the face was long with protruding white fangs coming from it's snarling jowls, and black eyes with white pin prick centers painted a fierce some creature. And while not as big as the giant, it still was large enough to sink it's teeth into the arm and swing the Jotun into the ground.

Grolaf put distance between him and the two giants fighting before continuing to watch, what else could he do? He obsereved as the Jotun was trying to pry the jaws off his arm and, seeing that was not working, delivered a hard blow to the creatures face. Grolaf felt the force in the blow as he heard the air quake from the blow, and it did release the grip of the creature. With his arm now noticeably bleeding out Jotun blood, he froze over the wound before facing the red demon once more.

The creature roared, causing the Jotun to wince as he braced himself, and Grolaf knew he had heard it before. With agape mouth, he watched as, what could had been Reina, launched itself forward in a flurry of bites and claw strikes at the creature. It jumped impressively high as it dealt blow after blow on the Jotun. The giant tried to grab it's adversary, but came away with shredded hands as it was another casualty for the Jotun.

The Jotun then roared out ward at the creature, and suddenly a new layer of frost blanket the area before it. The creature...inhaled the frost??! Reina??! Could it had been her?

After observing the creature gagging from the consumption, spilling out what must had been a slurry of ice, he would had bet his left cheek it was her.

The Jotun took good advantage of the moment as it delivered a swift kick to the creatures head, causing scales to break and fly in all directions. The red scaled Reina returned the blow with another torrent of the previous attack, as from her mouth poured out at least twenty of the dragon serpents. This time the Jotun did try to move out of the way of the attack, but still caught a few of them on his body which caused him to spin.

Grolaf then watched Reina jumped at the Jotun as he tried to recover it's balance, using her claws to pierce the Jotun's thick hide and climb up to it's neck. Like a sloat she had closed her toothy jaws around the Jotun's neck. The Jotun grasped onto the intruder on his back, and bloodied his hands as he tried to wretch the thing off of him. But exhaustion from his wounds and the fight must had taken it's toll as Grolaf watched frost giant fall to it's knees. Soon, blood began to seep from the giants neck as it finally fell flat on it's face onto the ground, the very impact shaking the ground hard enough that Grolaf fell on his own rear.

With abated breath, he watched as Reina had kept where she was at for a minute longer before releasing her bite from it's neck. Grolaf knew the fight was done as she gave a roar into the night sky, the very Aurora lights grew in luminosity with the roar as it signaled her victory.

WC: 825/11,905

Thatcywalker
    Thatcywalker

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Thatcywalker 12th July 2022, 11:13 pm

Grolaf took a bit to run back to the scene of the fight, which by this point the giant red scaled weasel had disappeared leaving a very battered and bruised Reina laying against one of the Jotun's arms. Despite the night sky, her breaths of exhaustion were plainly visible for him to follow.

"Reina?! By the gods Reina! Where did you learn to do that?" he would had finally spoken after standing near her. She merely responded with a toothy grin showing off her iron canine.

"I told you, dragon take over is the best! Ha...Oh! I found the party of rune knights, their in the ruin."

"The one that's been collapsed into?"

"Oh I'm sure their fine, they were stone when I found them."

"Reina...can you fly?"

The answer was a grudgingly yes as she flew him toward the hole, albeit at a hover, her wings luminosity faded from prior showings. Still she successfully landed in the middle of the cavern, fortune smiled on the duo as most of the damage had been in the direction away from the giant throne. Sparing no time to gawk at the history before him, Grolaf ran to where Reina pointed.

There alongisde the giant stone seat laid five statues in various poses of fright, now on the ground from being shaken no doubt. Despite being on the ground, they all showed no signs of fracturing or cracks. While Grolaf was trying to figure out how to undone what had befell them, Reina had noticed with her keen eyes a faint light further ahead. Drawn like a moth, she would go forward until she came across a small shrine.

Nothing was particularly grand about it; vases on both sides held simple winter brush that while old still lived. A pedestal was in the center ahead that had a simple image of a tree on it, and on it was a small green bottle. It was unusually simple for a artifact, no indication of anything extraordinary save for a glowing leaf in it. Holding it gently in her hands, it hummed a warmth that, even holding it, revitalized her.

She would return with the potion to Grolaf, who at this point was combing over the journal to find any clues to his problem. "Hey Grolaf, you think this is what everyone was after?"

He looked up from the notebook, and when he did his eyes widened. He hurried over to Reina and examined the potion, gently taking it out of her hands as he looked at. "It...could it be a leaf from Yggdrasil? It has to be, by the gods Reina." He looked at her and with a reverence put it back in her hands, "I think you earned such a prize, slaying a Jotun of Jotunheimr, I don't think much can contest your claim. As for these five I think will have to bring them back with us to Jordunstrand, hopefully we can find more capable people there."

"Maybe we can ask Joskar? They were next to him."

"Who- no...the Jotun?"

"Yeah?"

"Reina I don't think he'd be able to talk even if he wanted to on account of his throat torn open."

Reina was motionless for a moment, as if letting the thought sink in. Then with a new sense of urgency she shot out of the cavern's hole into the night sky.

"REINA! Please remember to come back before I freeze!"

WC: 571/12,476

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 1:52 pm