Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

iLac Acquisition

Jade_Nettle
    Jade_Nettle

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Faction : -
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,150

iLac Acquisition  Empty iLac Acquisition

Post by Jade_Nettle 1st May 2022, 7:23 pm

Job Details:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Information about Jade Nettle

Jade's Vault

Jade's Magic
    Jade_Nettle
    Jade_Nettle

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Faction : -
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,150

iLac Acquisition  Empty Re: iLac Acquisition

Post by Jade_Nettle 1st May 2022, 7:42 pm

Jade originally had mixed feelings about the iLac. A device like that collected a lot of information, or data, in order to be useful. And any sort of data had to be collected by someone. For some purpose. If anything was free, that meant you were the product. Some of the other mages kept saying Jade was paranoid. Was she doing something that she would be upset about if it was discovered by the Rune Knights or something? Well…no. That wasn’t it. Jade just didn’t like the idea of her cover being blown by the iLac if she was on a job!

“Do you have some sort of…cover for it?” Jade asked.

“Do you mean a case? We have a wide variety for you to look at,” the store staff grinned, showing Jade over to a display case full of cases in every color of the rainbow.

“Is there something in particular you are looking for?” The store staff member looked over a clipboard full of item inventory.

“Well, if I’m going to get one, I want a case that will keep it safe if I drop it. Something that could secure my information as well…” Jade trailed off. She wasn’t exactly a technology expert. So it was hard for her to express what she was looking for.

“Ah, this model doesn’t come in many colors. But, it’s quite popular with mages, due to its protective functions. Unfortunately, we don’t offer anything that would stop the data transfer. But, you could get a wooden box that would stop that for when you need to store it. I can recommend an artisan—”

Jade made the mistake of taking the case from the shop staff. What was it? If you touched an item, the odds of you making the purchase went up 70%? Well. It wasn’t heavy. And the case still fit well within the palm of Jade’s hand. She listened to the shop staff go on about the various features of the case. Naturally, nothing would save the iLac from a fireball from a high-ranked mage. But, the case in question would protect it from falls up to 30 feet high. As well as up to 10 minutes in water. No protection from lightning. The case itself was a plain brown color. It didn’t feature any of the sleek, fashionable looks as the other cases. Some even sparkled in the light. Not Jade’s style, though.

If she was being truthful, Jade was getting worried about communicating with her guild mates. Everyone else seemed to have one of these things, and used them to coordinate on jobs. Someone had even shown her an application that helped identify useful reagents in the wild. For someone like Jade, who did a lot of gathering, it would be useful. No doubt about that.

“Shall I wrap it up for you?”

Jade frowned, just a little. They got her.

“Yes, please. And this case as well. Could you give me directions to that artisan’s store?” She asked.

((Wordcount: 504.))

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Information about Jade Nettle

Jade's Vault

Jade's Magic

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 6:17 pm