Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Servant

Rodadnuf
    Rodadnuf

Player 
    Lineage : Anathema to Divinity
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 100
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,561,089

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rollins & Schwartz-Brand
    Second Skill: Heaven God Slayer
    Third Skill:

Servant Empty Servant

Post by Rodadnuf 22nd February 2022, 8:29 am

Servant

Job Details::

Sign-up link: Page 32; Post n°782
    Rodadnuf
    Rodadnuf

Player 
    Lineage : Anathema to Divinity
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 100
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,561,089

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Rollins & Schwartz-Brand
    Second Skill: Heaven God Slayer
    Third Skill:

Servant Empty Re: Servant

Post by Rodadnuf 22nd February 2022, 8:32 am

Tim was always the best at ignoring his life’s problems while still staying productive.

After taking the job in the spooky forest he quickly took the second job he picked up alongside the hunting one. This time it took him into Fiore’s borders. Apparently there was a town in the north-eastern edges of the kingdom, just shy south-east of snowfall island, where Joyan immigrants some time ago had settled and made a town. The town wasn’t completely populated by Joyan nowadays, but it was a popular stop for immigrants back when air travel wasn’t as commercially available.

Tim had levitated himself using Grav-à-tête and was holding Wolf’s scruff while riding it like a horse. They maintained their position as they traveled from the spooky forest heading north-east towards the town. It took them not more than four hours of constantly traveling with Wolf’s pace. With Tim’s spell, he was hardly a cargo problem to the guardian wolf. When they arrived at a crossroads with a sign that says ‘New Chorda’ there was a very sizable SE-plug truck in the middle of the dirt road.

“Hey, what’s taking so long?!” “You said that a dozen times already! Shut up and let me work!” “Shit, we’re gonna get screwed over be the boss at this rate…”

There were more than three gruff looking men around, all wearing the same leather outfits that out last in the mountainous area they found themselves in. They didn’t sound like travelers, and Tim’s newfound instincts told him not to take any chances. Wolf had little to no traces of sound, so it and Tim were able to duck under the side of the snow laden dirt road. Tim stood well enough behind cover of a large rock and stretched his body. Four hours in a single riding position made his body stiffen considerably.

As Tim was stretching, he overheard more of the men’s conversation.

“You did it?” “Yeah, damn old farts waited too long for me to burry ‘em. They started to smell halfway.” “Sucks to be you. There’s some good news, the newbie’s almost done with the repairs.” “The hell do you mean, newbie?” “If you hadn’t rammed this thing with our own truck like some idiot, I’d given you a better nickname.”

Tim cut his stretch a little short. His face morphed into a frown as he listened longer with their conversation.

Tim’s job was to investigate a series of supply robberies in the route towards the town. With Tim’s previous job, he wasn’t able to catch up to the latest food supply convoy. But he was told it was a convoy of two SE-Plug trucks. If this was one of the two, these men would’ve been the bandits responsible. Or, part of their group at least. One of them mentioned about a boss. How far away was their base of operations?

Tim needed information, but also needed to secure the truck. There might still be some of the cargo left.

The young man waited a few minutes. He was qualified to completely repair the truck; he had finished a training course on SE-plug vehicles. But if someone were to do the job for him hassle free, he’d let them. Though the next ten minutes of letting them do as they pleased knowing full well they had already slaughtered the actual couriers left a bad taste in Tim’s mouth.

Wolf growled softly. It sounded like he could understand what the men were talking about.

“Don’t worry, we’ll take them out afterwards.” Tim had slowly gotten used to steeling himself when fighting over these past jobs. Unnecessary doubts were important to Tim, it made him human. And anything he could get his hands on which makes him further like his father, he’d take it. But hesitation in the face of actual danger wasn’t one of them. In combat, knowing what you have in your arsenal and how it affects who or whatever you were facing is paramount. You miss one crucial detail, and you end up with the boy Tim failed to purify. All because of a misunderstanding. Be it what weapon he uses or what God-like magic Tim possessed, he needed to keep his head in the moment at all times. Literal lives were at stake.

Another painstaking minute passed and one of the bandits finally managed to start the truck’s engine.

Not even a fraction of a second after the engine started Tim and Wolf made their move. On the left side of the truck, opposite to where they were, stood four of the bandits. Three of the ones who were talking earlier were on their side. Tim gestured a circle and Wolf disappeared as he stalked around the truck. The engine was loud, enough for Tim to incapacitate the four men.

Tim dashed! Three of the bandits were sitting, idly talking and when Tim looked like he popped out of nowhere they were too slow to react. The three had weapons on them, unlike the four on the opposite side. But Tim handled them easily. They had knives and brass knuckles, Tim made one levitate and slammed it on the other. The third one tried to stab him, but with a quick sideways stroke of Tim’s sword the man’s wrist was cut making him drop his blade. Tim summoned one of his magic chains and wrapped it around the unarmed man before the other two could recover. One of the armed bandits had recovered from being slammed by an ally looked at Tim and guarded himself with his hands.

What, he wanted a fistfight?

“Alright,” Tim frowned and pulled the third bandit using his magic, digging his sword through the man’s shoulder and pinned him in the dirt road. The bandit screamed an agony filled ‘Arg-!’ and groaned trying to lift the dug blade up.

Only the one who challenged Tim remained.

As sounds of the four newbie bandits fighting Wolf echoed from over the other side of the truck. Tim was clacking his knuckles and rolling his sleeves. The bandit noticed Tim scarred fists. “You’re a mage, right?”

“I know magic. Doesn’t mean I don't know how to beat someone senseless .” Tim walked, not even holding a stance.

The armed bandit threw a quick low-kick, trying to surprise him. But before the kick arched Tim had kicked the bandit’s shin before he could strike effectively. The bandit stepped back awkwardly, but Tim had taken his kick and stepped forward; he was already in range. The experienced brawler gave the bandit a textbook straight right at his nose before he could do anything. Tim’s opponent tried to counter Tim’s punch with a right haymaker but Tim was too close for it to give a meaningful blow. Tim took the haymaker’s opening and grabbed the man’s neck lifting him up and slamming him down.

The bandit couldn’t even give another attack before Tim had slammed his fist over the man’s throat, then to his nose again and a last blow at an angle over his jaw which knocked him out. Tim wiped the blood off his knuckles with the bloodied bandit’s clothes and stood up.

He looked over the other two and the chained bandit didn’t try to resist, from the way he was still looking over his beaten-up ally he might have guessed trying to get away was a bad idea.

The pinned bandit was still cursing under their breath. Throwing random slurs and insults over Tim’s way as he looked at the helpless man. “Where’s your hideout?”

Tim managed to dodge the man’s spit. Was that how he wanted to play it? Tim patience ran out. The sun was already on its late afternoon glow, one of its pronounced rays was conveniently lighting over the pinned bandit. Tim looked over the chained one and furrowed his brow. “You look a lot less aggressive than these two. Cooperate with me, and this won’t happen to you.”

Tim tapped the ray of sunlight and a very thin crystalized purple blade materialized and stabbed the pinned bandit clean in the chest. With two blades stabbing the bandit, its flailing around was tiring him out even faster. Eventually the loss of blood had finished him off.

“Wolf?” Tim called.

His companion was holding the beaten-up bandit by the throat and threw it aside after checking if it was still alive. Needless to say, the other weaker bandits were taken out easier than the armed ones. The last armed bandit last long since dropped his knife. Knowing Tim and Wolf had little qualms with killing him, giving up was the best choice. Tim definitely appreciated him giving up. It wasn’t a joy killing someone. But it didn’t mean Tim was so soft he’d let them live after knowing what they did to the couriers.

“Well, let’s go.”

Tim drove the truck with Wolf and the chained bandit as his passengers. It took them a few minutes to arrive at the town proper where Tim had been stopped by two town guards. After identifying himself as a proper guild member, he was able to park the truck over a clearing inside the town. As Tim got off the truck there was a crowd that formed. They were mostly composed of Joyans, their animalistic features were a dead giveaway. Tim had met a few Joyans along the harbor in his old job, but never really gotten close enough with one to engage in conversation.

It seemed like it was about to change. “You… you’re not the courier?” One cat-like Joyan older than Tim asked; her calm demeanor surprised the young man. They all looked stressed when he had arrived. And it from the job details it sounded like their problem had been persisting for some time.

“I’m from Silver Wolf.” Tim simply answered.

There were a few gasps and sighs of relief from the crowd. But the cat-Joyan Tim had spoken to tried acting professionally. “I see. The logo on the truck was from the company we sent a supply request from.”

Tim gestured and from up the truck popped out the chained bandit. “I found this guy and a few others who ambushed the trucks. I only recovered one, but I think the other they took over to wherever their hideout is.”

One person from the crowd threw a rock at the bandit, making him reel over and fall into the ground. The cat-Joyan turned and reprimanded the one who threw it. The chained bandit was set free and had been sent to the town guards. Tim was had been invited over the cat-Joyan’s house while he waited for them to finish interrogating the bandit.

“I’m sorry, it… the past few days have been stressful for us.” She must’ve been referring to the one who threw the rock. “I hope this doesn’t paint out otherwise peaceful town in a bad light for you, uh?”

“Tim.” The young man took the coffee she had prepared. “I can guess you usually don’t have some tradition of stoning people. I might be weary the next time I see the one who threw that rock, though.”

That got a small chuckle out of her. “I’m glad, Tim. We don’t have many visitors who aren’t relatives of non-Joyan residents here.”

Tim quirked his brow.

“Most of our visitors here are either Joyans who would like to see the rich history of the town or relatives of non-Joyans who visit them. We don’t really have anything to offer except the traditional clothing we make.”

“Traditional clothing?”

She beamed. “Yes. Quite a variety of them too! It had been a tradition of our forefathers, you see. They lacked the supply lines way back and was forced to weave traditional clothing for themselves over the years. It became a staple for us, and a lot of cities do ask for deliveries.”

“Speaking of clothing, was that from fighting off the bandits?” She looked at Tim’s dress shirt’s holes.

“I took a job before this one. I shielded my V.I.P before this giant owl could scratch them.” Tim said a matter of factly.

“Oh my, I didn’t know you were a busy man, Tim. Are most mages always this busy?”

“I don’t know.” Tim scratched his chin. “But it helps keep my mind off my actual problems.”

This time, it was the cat-Joyan’s turn to quirk her brow. But Tim wasn’t budging. She settled with an offer instead. “Why don’t I give you some change of clothes? What sort of person would I be if I let you go off with such a damaged outfit?”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

“I insist.” Tim couldn’t stop her. But they hit a snag as she was unable to find one who perfectly fit Tim.

“You’re very tall.” She hummed. “Tell you what, I will measure you and send the finished outfit over.”

It didn’t take long for her to completely relax under Tim’s company. That was a first. But what was more impressive was what he’d learned. There was pride in her words when she talked about the traditions of her people. It was a joy to listen. But the in the back of Tim’s mind came the thought of contrasting them with Tim’s ancestors. His lineage’s main export was misery, to them and those unlucky enough to be caught in the crossfire. Tim held back his face from making a wistful smile, it wasn’t in his place to dampen the cat-Joyan’s mood. She had enough on her plate already. Tim opted to humor her instead.

“Sure.” Tim gave a sigh of resignation. “Just send the bill over Silver Wolf’s front desk.”

“Nonsense, Tim. This is a gift.” She said, not stopping with her measuring. “Giving you this much is a small price to pay for the help you will give to my people.”

They had a very meaningful few minutes of idle talk while she kept measuring him before one of the town guards had told Tim of a map they acquired from the captured bandit. Tim bid his goodbyes and went back to the job at hand.

It was actually quite close and likely the reason why this bandit group in particular was quick to ambush any courier near the town. Tim had thanked the cat-Joyan for the company and set out for the bandit’s hideout. Tim had taken the map’s directions well enough and let it lead him into an hidden road between rather large crevasse hidden by a blind spot near the mountain path away from the town. The sun had already set and the temperature dropped significantly when Tim had been looking over the cliff on the opposite side of the entrance.

Down below was a wreckage of a truck the same model as the one he brought to town. They couldn’t get it inside so they got rid of the evidence outright. The supplies themselves must have been already hauled inside. “A little barbaric, don’t you think?”

Wolf huffed in agreement.

Tim had been using the slow breathing rhythm he had used the first time he joined his guild to keep him warm. Tim’s Wolf was in its element, basking in the frigid winds of the night. They overheard a few bandits arguing, it sounded like they weren’t too happy with how Tim took care of their allies. They forming around a campfire alongside their weapons. A few quality looking axes and hammers. Tim counted five, in total. Four bandits who looked in uniform and a single who radiated the boss-hoggery of a bandit leader.

Without a warning, Tim threw a crystal ball of light in front of them and blinded the bandits! In the time the crystal ball detonated where its light had been most pronounced, Tim crystalized the light’s rays and impaled the bandits. Tim let Wolf loose to finish off the four weaker ones and captured the leader, but not before knocking him out with a good swing from one of their hammers.

It was a very anticlimactic raid, but Tim had wiped the bandit’s camp and sent the leader over the town guards to be interrogated for any allies still roaming around. And, a good day later after Tim had returned to his room in the guildhall, there was a parcel waiting for him. It was from the cat-Joyan. She had left a note alongside the promised clothing.

Tim couldn’t help but smile as he read the note: Serving Fiore might be a way to keep you from serving yourself, Tim. But I know it is a noble cause. I hope this might help you in your future endeavors, be it serving yourself or others.

Words:
    2776/2776

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 12:35 am