Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

ILAC (ARTHUR EDOGAWA, SOLO, COMPLETE)

Completed ILAC (ARTHUR EDOGAWA, SOLO, COMPLETE)

Post by Guest 26th November 2021, 5:35 pm

WHEN YOU HAVE ELIMINATED THE IMPOSSIBLE…WHATEVER REMAINS, HOWEVER IMPROBABLE, MUST BE THE TRUTH.

Note: Credit for the special bbcode included within this posting template goes to the user named Janneline Ariel.

Job Link: iLac (D-RANK NEUTRAL)

Job Signup Approval Link: iLac Job Signup Approval

It had been some time since Arthur’s latest adventure, the one wherein he had ventured into the deepest parts of the Mount Hakobe Settlements area of Fiore upon taking on a client request from one “Lady Inanna” who was part of the highest echelon of nobility in “Djinnistan”, the legendary kingdom of the djinn which was allegedly located somewhere deep in the deserts of Desierto. The quest in this case was to rescue the exalted first princess and her personal maidservant from the clutches of their captors who had barricaded themselves in their stronghold located in said deepest parts of the Mount Hakobe Settlements area of Fiore. In doing so, Arthur had gained a faithful new follower in the ranks of his subordinates, namely, the first princess and her maidservant, both of whom had apparently taken a shine to him after seeing his handiwork in rescuing them and so, had decided to follow him thenceforth. While on this quest, Arthur had also met a rather intriguing female magus named “Riana Maren” who was a genius-level scientific magic wielding magus and she had assisted him greatly in the conduct of this rescue operation.

Since then, he had gotten back to the daily grind of his everyday life part of which involved his ongoing psychic detective mage work, assisting his ultrawealthy and highly influential family and clan in the running of the multinational business conglomerate that they owned and ran due to his position as the sole heir to his family and clan as well as the next in line CEO of the associated multinational business conglomerate, as well as various other such tasks and obligations. The other part involved furthering his prowess as a mage slowly but surely and he had been making great strides in this regard as of late. In this manner, time had marched on for him until the present day, wherein once again, he was relaxing in his exquisitely designed personal manor located in the heart of Crocus, the capital city of Fiore, which happened to be his current main base of operations. Naturally, as was his routine and that of his diverse group of 6 personal monstergirl maids whenever he was at home alone and relaxing, they were keeping him company and had arranged themselves at various points around him. For instance, 2 were seated on the armrests of the large, rather comfy, and ornately designed couch while 4 were sitting on the ground at his feet, and the remaining 2 were resting their heads on his lap currently.

The head of these maids, a young female Dullahan named “Jeanne” who was in her mid-20s just as were the rest of her five subordinates, had gotten a notification on her magitek smartwatch that alerted her to the release of a rather interesting piece of technology, and so she made it known to Arthur while looking up at him from her position with her head on his lap

Master Edogawa, apparently, a certain company located in the Neutral Grounds area of Fiore has just finished the full alpha release of a device they are calling an iLac. According to the notification I received just now, it seems to be some sort of magitek communications device. I shall display it now.

Upon hearing this, Arthur smiled at her and simply nodded, at which time, the Dullahan maid named “Jeanne” activated the holographic display function of her magitek smartwatch and by doing so, displayed the notification she got just then. After perusing it briefly and committing the details to his photographic memory, Arthur pondered the matter briefly

iLac, eh? It seems to be like any of the smartphones from my old world, like those from the Snapple and Camjung companies…how intriguing, indeed…though this one seems to be far superior to those since it is powered by lightning mana rather than electricity…if I could get my hands on one, I could potentially use it as a model to design my own version of it that will be exclusive for my subordinates…

After musing thus silently for a few moments, Arthur decided to pay a visit to the Neutral Grounds territory in Fiore to pick up one of these iLacs for himself from the release event venue. To that end, he gently disengaged himself from his maids who was loathe to let him leave, but ultimately allowed him to go anyway. Before heading off to get ready for this excursion, however, Arthur instructed this personal care maid squad of his on what to do in his absence

Rose, Lily, Jasmine, Cliantha, Diantha, and Ivy…while I am gone, make to let your colleagues working in this manor to raise its security level to ‘Red’ status until such a time that I return here. Is that understood? After all, we would not want a repeat of the security breach that happened last month, right?

Arthur finished and in response, “Jeanne” and the rest of her subordinates on Arthur’s personal care maid squad bowed briefly to him and then excused themselves to go and carry out his instructions in this regard. After that, he headed off to his bedchambers, got ready in short order, and then headed off to the Neutral Grounds territory in his vintage magitek automobile. It took him a while to reach there due to the sheer amount of distance between Crocus which served as his home base of operations and this destination. However, he reached there at last, but just as he entered said area of Fiore, he found that everything magic-powered on his person and he brought along with him, including his magitek automobile promptly shut down and refused to start up again despite his best efforts.

What in blue blazes is going on here?! I just performed maintenance on these two weeks ago…surely, they could not have broken down again that quickly…Curses…

With his mind racing thus to figure out what was wrong with his equipment and venting his frustration briefly, Arthur hailed a passerby to ask him about it

Hello there, might you perhaps know why everything magic-related that I brought along with me has simply broken down without any apparent cause upon my entry to this strange territory, sir?

Upon hearing that, the passerby gave him a pitying and sympathetic look, and remarked

Ah, a newcomer to the Neutral Grounds, eh? Then it’s no wonder that you do not know…you see, this place has a special property that shuts down all supernatural phenomena, objects, and so on…so I am afraid you’ll have to walk from here, stranger…good luck if you’re here to get an iLac because that event venue…let’s just say it’s not simply a hop, skip, and a step away from here…

Arthur sighed softly in exasperation, thanked the man, and bade him adieu. After that, he pushed his magitek automobile to a safe location and then set off to the event venue on foot, all the while grumbling mentally

How troublesome, I will not be able to access any of my magic or items or anything else that is even remotely magical in this place. O Norns Verðandi and Skuld, ye goddesses who govern the present and future…I beseech thee with this prayer most humbly, let not any misfortune on this day befall me…

By the time he got there, there was a long line of prospective customers already waiting there, which was of course, the very opposite of what he had prayed for just moments ago.

Great Scott, now I must wait in this unbearably long line? This truly is turning out to be quite the irksome day!!...O ye Norns, why hast thou abandoned me thusly?

He frowned briefly while bemoaning his sordid fate thus mentally, while maintaining an inscrutable expression outwardly, but in the end, he went to stand in line anyway and then waited patiently for his turn. After what seemed like several hours of waiting, his turn finally came up so he strode on over to the company agent who had been giving away the iLacs so he could finally procure his own iLac unit.

Good evening, please submit your name and the Lacrima Identification Code that you would like to have associated with your unit.

The agent had asked in a polite tone as he had done with the nine other customers ahead of Arthur. So, Arthur thought for a few moments and then gave the man his details so he could program them into his iLac.

Let us go with the following then. Username: Arthur Edogawa. Lacrima Identification Code: 1-231-853-2110.

The agent then programmed these details into the iLac and then proceeded to do the rest of the initial device setup and all the necessary formatting therein. This entire process took about an hour, but finally, it was complete at the end of that timespan. The agent then handed Arthur his new iLac with that same polite, porcelain smile while saying

Congratulations, Mr. Edogawa. You are one of the proud new owners of our signature product, the iLac. We at LacrimaTek Inc. hope that your user experience with this device will be a good one. Please, feel free to contact us for any customer support you may need with it henceforth and have a nice rest of the day.

With that, their interaction came to an end and so, Arthur pocketed his new iLac and headed out of the Neutral Grounds territory to where he had parked his magitek automobile earlier and then drove back to Crocus and then to his manor, intending to subject his new iLac to thorough research and perhaps even tinker with it to truly customize it to his liking, with the help of his Magitek Research and Development maid squad, of course, as he was a mere amateur at magitek engineering. Only time would tell if he would be successful in his new adventures with this curious magic item called the iLac.

OOC:

(ARTHUR'S EXIT)

Job Rewards:

REWARDS REQUESTED: 1X iLAC (PLOT ITEM), D-RANK EXP (50 EXP),  AND D-RANK JOB MONETARY REWARD (5000 JEWEL)

Appearance:

ILAC (ARTHUR EDOGAWA, SOLO, COMPLETE) L2

Spoiler:

POST WC: 1633, TOTAL WC: 1633 / 500 (for Arthur/AE007 only)

Tags:

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 5:14 pm