Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Foot in Both Worlds

Esper
    Esper

Player 
    Lineage : Zenith
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,250

A Foot in Both Worlds Empty A Foot in Both Worlds

Post by Esper 29th October 2021, 9:52 am

Esper was now a member of the guild and ready to enter the new world of commerce and mercenaries on his quest to learn more about his race and heritage! However, he didn't feel as connected to the other members as the others did, and he began to wonder what he was missing. Maybe he was too inexperienced? In order to show the guild that he was valuable, he'd try to connect with one of the guild's higher ups by opening up and communicating. He received the impression that the guild wasn't entirely good. Yes, Esper was honorable, but it didn't mean he was always good. He had his own set of rules that he adhered to, his own code.

He'd get up on a stool and take a seat next to a more senior member. The man didn't speak to many people, but if asked, he would assist anybody in the guild. The man also spent a lot of time downstairs, where Esper was not allowed to visit. He only had access to a certain amount of the hall and information as a new member. "Hello, my name is Esper." I'm a newcomer to the guild. I was lucky enough that you all took me in and accepted me for who I am. The fact that I'm a talking animal surprises most people, and they treat me as if I'm a prize, a pet, or worse, a target. I definitely shouldn't mention it, but I've had my share of problems with poachers. I recall running across some poachers roughly 20 years ago. Let's just say they're no longer around.

When he finished speaking, the man he was seated next to looked up from his meal and drink. Something he said piqued his interest, and it was the fact that the poachers had vanished. Esper had heard that this guild was more independent than some of the legitimate guilds, that it straddled the border between legal and dark. It was the ideal match for him. He was a gentle creature in general, but he could flip the switch if he needed to, and he anticipated to have to if he was going to achieve his aims of locating more of his species, or at least learning what had happened to them.

Esper's talk with the man at the bar would continue. Esper would see numerous other guild members gazing after an hour or two of them sharing stories and feeling each other out to see where each other's line was. It turned out that their astonishment wasn't unjustified. The man with whom Esper was having a full fledged discussion with had never spoken to anyone before in this manner. He was clothed entirely in black, with his face half veiled and a huge hat on his head kept him hidden and reclusive. However, with Esper, he tore down his barriers and appeared to be in a good mood as they spoke to one another. Esper didn't know much about it, but if he did, it was probably because Esper wasn't truly human, and as a summoner, the guy treated Esper differently. The truth, only known to the aces in the guild and the master was that the man Esper was talking to wasn't even a man at all. He was in fact a lycanthrope werewolf who used summoning magic to summon other wolves in combat and / or tracking.

For now Esper had show someone with enough sway that he was willing to be dark when needed and had made a new friend.

Word Count: 569

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 1:02 am