Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias]

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,375

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lightning Dragon Slayer (Second Gen)
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias] Empty The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias]

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 9th July 2021, 9:43 am

Kenshi gave a quiet sigh as he leaned back in his seat, tipping his head to look up at the ceiling. Instead of the elegant wood ceilings he was used to, this place had some kind of tile covering the roof beams. Everything was so unfamiliar here, though he was slowly getting used to it. The samurai had spent only about a month traveling across Fiore until he had had the encounter that had changed his destiny and lead him here, to the headquarters of Fiore's magic police, the Rune Knights. He had joined the organization only two weeks ago, completing his training in record time thanks to his skills with a blade and strong magic. A month and a half. That was roughly how long he had spent in this strange country, far from the quiet, mountainous regions that were his home.

Just today, he had finished his first patrol as a full member of the Rune Knights' Combat Corps, which turned out to be somewhat less exciting than he'd imagined. At his rank, the Combat Corps were nothing but beat cops. Which meant patrols. Which meant walking around the unfamiliar streets of this enormous city, wearing an uncomfortable uniform and watching for anything out of the ordinary. Like he was supposed to know what qualified as 'out of the ordinary' in this strange country. Of course he had had a crash course during his training, but it seemed like it would take a little while for everything to settle in for him.

Now back in his more comfortable hakama and kimono, swords at his side as always, he simply sat in the lounge area of the headquarters, a mug of coffee steaming gently in front of him. Ordinarily he would have a cup of green tea, but coffee was far more readily available here. And it offered a rejuvenating effect tea couldn't quite match. With another sigh, he took a light sip of the drink with his right hand, his left resting casually on the saya of his katana. A habit instilled into him during his rigorous training, it would allow him to draw the long, razor-sharp curved blade in a heartbeat if need be, in a technique known as battojutsu. The Yamaki clan style, Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, was famous for it's use of the quick-draw techniques. Powered by the magic of the Lacrima implanted within him, the style allowed him to move at speeds greater than the ordinary eye could follow. He would use this style, this power, to move up in the ranks of the Knights, becoming as powerful and famous as he could to help his impoverished clan back home in Midi. At least, that was the plan. He hadn't quite counted on the job being quite so boring starting out.

WC: 465
    Tag: @Altarias
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 
    Lineage : Graceful Siren
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 15,619

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias] Empty Re: The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias]

Post by Altarias 9th July 2021, 12:10 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

After a long day of paperwork, Britney's significantly more important than Tony's, the two of them figured they would mingle with some of their coworkers before going home. Tony had managed to convince Britney finally to join him in his three bedroom home, which was fairly close to the headquarters of the Knights. Britney made sure to get the bedroom furthest away from Tony, though he did not seem to recognize that small tidbit. He snored too loudly, Britney thought. She needed her eight hours of sleep, and in their youth he had woken her up more than once with the snoring. So far she had not had any issues, but that was fine.

As they entered the lounge, they would quickly notice one of the more recent recruits, one not recruited all too much later than them. "Tony immediately noticed the man. He had a foreign look about him, at least partially Midian in descent. The garb gave it away, as did the katana beside him. Tony immediately recognized him as Kenshi Yamaki, and while they had never properly met, he could tell just from the close glances that he had some sort of Slayer lacrima implanted into him." He right across from Kenshi. "Am I incorrect?"

Britney sighed, handing Tony a black coffee as she began to make herself a mocha. "I'm sorry about my brother, Kenshi," she said, a tinge of disappointment in her voice. "He's always been weird." She waited until she finished the mocha, as Tony was continuing to inquire about some of Kenshi's information. "And you wonder why you have no friends..." Britney muttered under her breath as she took a seat between them. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Tony, you're off the clock. You don't need to do an interrogation. Again, sorry about him. I'm Britney Altaria, and this is my brother Tony. We've been here for about a month and a half. Well, here as in 'in the Knights,' here as in Era for a while. I take it you're new around town?"

WC: 342| TWC: 342

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias] GMALSW8
    Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias] Empty Re: The Siblings and the Samurai [Private/Altarias]

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 9th July 2021, 12:32 pm

Kenshi blinked in surprise as he was suddenly joined by two people, one enormous man and one shorter woman, who he noted was very beautiful. He listened to the pair in bemusement, especially as the man described Kenshi out loud, referring to himself in the third person. Once they were both done speaking, the samurai rose from his chair and gave them each a semi-formal bow, his hand never leaving the sheath of his sword.

"You are correct. Yamaki Kenshi, at your service." he said, then sat back down. "And I do possess a Slayer Lacrima. Specifically, that of the Lightning Dragon Slayer."

As he spoke, his keen eyes took in more details of the pair, who were apparently siblings. The male, Tony, was exceptionally large and brawny, with spiky black hair. The female, Britney, was practically a study in contrasts to her brother, being average height and slender but with decent curves, with long and smooth hair.

"I am new to town, yes. I have only been in the Rune Knights for about two weeks, and in the country for not quite a month and a half." he replied to Britney, his soft-spoken voice lightly accented and smooth.

WC: 199 || TWC: 664

Last edited by Kenshi Yamaki on 10th July 2021, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 9th July 2021, 12:54 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

"Tony immediately knew that he was correct. This was someone that was new in town, someone who was new in Fiore in general. He still had the hunch that Kenshi was a Midian, but he had no proof and would not completely confirm if this was the case."

Britney shook her head. "Yeah, not everyone is like us. Honestly, most people aren't like us. Especially with the whole 'we've barely ever left Era' thing." She shrugged, scanning over the lightning slayer. He certainly seemed skilled from Britney's perspective, but it was likely that Tony could get a more accurate assessment of his skills.

"Allow us you show you around town," Tony said as he stood, dropping his coffee on his shirt and yelping in pain. "A-after I go and clean myself off... Unle-"

"No, that's weird as hell, Tony."

"T-true..."

Tony gingerly trotted off to wash his shirt as Britney took another sip of her mocha, silently wondering what she did wrong to get such a weird, eccentric member of her family.

WC: 0172 | TWC: 0514

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Last edited by Altarias on 10th July 2021, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 9th July 2021, 1:45 pm

"I am indeed from Midi. Born and raised, in fact, a member of the once-illustrious Yamaki Clan." Kenshi replied, making another short bow from his seat. "I have come to this country seeking wealth, fame and power to aid my family."

The samurai raised an eyebrow slightly as Tony spilled on himself, making no move to assist him even though he had the speed to do so. "That is a generous offer, and I will humbly accept." he said in reply to the man's offer.

As the larger man walked off, Kenshi found himself alone with the lovely sister. His dark purple eyes silently surveyed her, his entire demeanor projecting an aura of calm assuredness. "Is he always like that?" he asked after a moment, giving a slight nod in the direction Tony had gone. The man seemed both eccentric and clumsy, and didn't quite fit the mental model Kenshi had been building of the noble and skilled Knights.

WC: 159 || TWC: 823
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 10th July 2021, 10:39 am

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Britney was lost in her thoughts when Kenshi spoke to her, asking about Tony. "Oh, Tony? Yeah he's always been weird and always will be weird. Watched a few too many of our dad's old film noirs when he was a kid, always wanted to be a detective in one of those flicks himself." She sighed, taking another sip of her mocha. "He might not seem like it but he's pretty smart. I always feel like I have to defend him because he is... someone that people are confused by, to say the least. But honestly, he's reliable."

Tony soon returned, having switched to a different shirt, one that was just white with a tie on it. His jacket was slung over his shoulder. "Remind me to come back for that laundry later," Tony said to Britney, sighing. "Now then, Kenshi. Would you prepare to begin the tour of Era?"

WC: 0151 | TWC: 0665

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 10th July 2021, 10:54 am

Kenshi nodded along as Britney spoke, explaining the eccentricities of her brother. It made sense in the light of him watching too many movies when he was younger. Movies weren't as popular in his hometown as they were here, but he had seen a couple and figured how much of an impression they could make on a young mind. While Tony's... habit could be annoying in the long run, he would put up with it. It wasn't, after all, harmful to anyone.

As Tony returned and Britney suggested they prepare for his tour, Kenshi finished his coffee in a few quick gulps, then rose with another nod. "Yes, I shall. Give me just a moment to return this mug." he said, then walked over to the coffee bar on the sideboard and carefully rinsed his mug out, then hung it on the rack to be washed later by one of the employees. With that, he returned to the siblings and gave them a quick bow. "I am ready. Please take good care of me." he said in his characteristic soft, humble voice.

WC: 182 || TWC: 1005

Last edited by Kenshi Yamaki on 12th July 2021, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 12th July 2021, 12:54 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Tony smirked. "'Take good care of me,' he said." Tony began to walk. "It was something that the detective was long accustomed to. It was his duty, after all. He was a follower of the law, an officer of the righteous acts of justice and the hope that he could one day make the world a better place. Taking care of a single person, a co-worker and ally, was nothing for him. After all, how could Tony care for the people of Era, no, all of Fiore, if he could not care for a single person."

Britney sighed and rolled her eyes as they left the headquarters. "Right. What Tony's trying to say is that we'd be glad to help. Right now, what a shock, we're at the Rune Knight's Headquarters. Probably the second most important building in the entire city. If I had to hazard a guess, and sorry if I'm assuming, but you're probably living in the dorms here? Me and Tony don't, we have a small house pretty close to our parents', but the dorms are somewhere that, despite being a bit cramped, are still great. I've heard great things about the dorms. Not really all too much I can tell you about the HQ that you don't already know."

"It truly was a magnificent building. The hub of one of the largest organizations in the country. Perhaps the third most important building in the entire nation. Only the capitol building and the headquarters of the Council here in Era. Yet such a casual building for people like Tony, his sister, and the man they were giving a tour of the city to. He wondered how such a thing was possible. What a strange thought, that all of this power also housed the folks of the Force. Outposts like this were in every city, just about, yet this one was so much more. No corruption here, no siree! Not that the Knights would approve or tolerate anything related to corruption, but Tony knew that this was the bastion of the law. Such a wonderful beacon of law!"

Britney sighed, shook her head, and buried her head in her hands. "I don't even know at this point..."
    WC: 0369 | TWC: 1034

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 12th July 2021, 1:16 pm

Kenshi nodded as he followed the brother and sister, left hand resting on the sword sheath on his left hip as always. By now he was beginning to learn to filter out Tony's speech and just listen to Britney. They soon left behind the Rune Knight headquarters, walking out into the streets. Kenshi became even more alert, ready for any trouble that may come about. His finely-tuned Slayer senses were searching for anything out of the ordinary.

"I am indeed living in the dorms of the headquarters. They are not quite as nice as my home, but they are adequately comfortable. Someday, when I can reasonably afford it, I would like to seek out a house of my own. Perhaps something in the Midian style of architecture, if such a place exists here in Era." he said in response to Britney's question. He fell silent for a moment, thinking of his home and longing for the quiet elegance, the smell of the cherry blossoms in the spring, and the majesty of the mountains nearby. He missed his home greatly, and hoped that he would soon be able to return to it.

WC: 191 || TWC: 1196
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 14th July 2021, 12:11 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Tony and Britney thought about it for a moment. "In the back of his mind, Tony remembered it. A small section of parks outside of the city limits, one meant to represent every nation in Earthland aside from Sin. They were not particularly fanciful parks, nothing of the source, but it was a start. He could not remember quite if there were other places within the city that-"

"Tsuyumoto-san's?" Britney asked.

"Ah, of course. Keiji Tsuyumoto, a similar situation to Kenshi here. A Midian emigrated to Fiore, worked with the force for some time. Tony and Britney's Father was well acquainted with Tsuyumoto-san, the Midian having worked together with him for some time. If Tony could remember properly, Tsuyumoto-san was..."

He paused, waiting for the memory to return. When she sensed it would not, Britney sighed. "He's your godfather, Tony."

Tony snapped his fingers. "Of course!" he tightly wrapped an arm around Kenshi's shoulder. "So, Kenshi, it appears as though we're kindred spirits! In a sense. Of course, I'm nowhere near as connected as you are, but..." he coughed. "Right. Parks or Tsuyumoto-san's?"

WC: 0183 | TWC: 1217

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 14th July 2021, 12:26 pm

Kenshi blinked at the mention of the parks representing the different nations of Earthland. The prospect of being able to experience the environs of his home, albeit artificially, excited him. "The park please, if you don't mind." he said, maintaining his outward calm. He didn't know this Tsuyumoto-san, but if he was truly a countryman Kenshi would enjoy meeting him. But that could always come later. For now, he wished to smell the cherry blossom trees once again. He knew they would be in full bloom this time of year, and they were truly a sight to behold.

WC: 98 || TWC: 1294
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 15th July 2021, 12:42 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

The siblings nodded, heading out south from Era, Tony giving small tidbits of information about different places they passed on the way through, walking around a mile south until they reached the collection of parks. Some company called Earthland Explorer had set up places like this all around the continent, small parks to "explore the culture" of different countries within Earthland. The collection of parks here in Era were the most densely packed, though they were far from the most in depth parks the company had even just within Fiore. Tony had taken a vacation to the capital, where they had a massive "slice of Seven" park, with a small town in traditional Seven fashion stationed within it. The parks here in Era did not have such a thing, but they were all very accessible from the hub, the circular plaza in center each leading to paths in all directions but north that would each have their own singular square mile of land to represent these countries. Tony had visited the Midian park a few times, enjoying it quite a bit, so he knew just how to get there by memory.

The transition from the distinctively Fioran architecture from the park plaza and other infrastructure of the park's hub to the Midian styles was subtle. A single cherry blossom in a field of oak. A small section of fence built in the same fashion as Midi in the crowd of Fioran railings. Eventually everything became Midian as they reached the proper premises of the park. The color of the grass seemed to change color slightly, matching what Tony assumed was the pigmentation of Midian grass. A small stream flowed through the center of the park, one that Tony knew was completely artificial to paint this small slice of Midi. Directly in the center of the park was a small pagoda, the magnificent architecture of the building striking against the nearly entirely naturalistic feel of the entire area. No other buildings in this small section of a park were nearly as ornate as the pagoda, the most being some small, form over function houses beside farming fields. Nothing that could nearly count as a village, barely even a community.

"I've never been to Midi. Is this anything like what it actually looks like?" Tony asked, not directing his voice at Kenshi but rather just at the air.

Pink petals floated down from the trees on a light, lofty breeze. Because of how many times he had visited, as well as his well trained eyes, he knew that the breeze and the floating petals were artificial. The trees had small lacrimas in them that could keep a constant breeze going, because most of the pictures Tony had seen of Midi had the petals floating down. It was artistic and very pleasant for sure, and Tony knew that when he and Britney went to a place like this, Britney would get annoyed if Tony spoke as he normally did. So, he gave his best effort to, as Britney would put it, "not be weird" while they were at the park.

"I imagine that if the whole country looked like this... I could see myself vacationing there some time."

Tony nodded. "We gotta get our passports renewed. Haven't left the country since we went on that vacation to Minstrel for Aunt Mara's moving."

The two admittedly somewhat forgot about Kenshi as they began to casually make their way to the pagoda, being slow and taking in the relaxing atmosphere of the park as they did.

WC: 0592 | TWC: 1809

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 26th July 2021, 7:26 pm

Kenshi paid little attention to Tony's ramblings as they walked along. The samurai never dropped his guard, one hand perpetually on the saya of his katana, ready to be drawn in a heartbeat. His light purple eyes roved around, always on the move and always on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary, any sign of trouble. Several times, people walking in the opposite direction saw his expression, which seemed relaxed on the surface but conveyed a sense of deadly preparation when looked at more deeply, and the hand on his weapon, veering out of their way. Whether they were civilians unnerved but they obviously armed and obviously dangerous man walking in their midst or criminals discouraged from doing anything against the party he would likely never know. But it was enough to know that people were wary. One of the lessons that had been drilled into him from childhood was that people were less inclined to begin a fight against one who always looked ready for one.

The swordsman's mood immediately shifted upon fully entering the Midian-themed park. He fell to his knees, overwhelmed with emotion at the sound of the breeze sighing through the leaves and the blades of grass, accompanied by the light, sweet scent of the sakura petals drifting on the wind. The sound of the gently burbling stream, the Midian architecture of the bridge that crossed it, the fences that surrounded the park, the pagoda just ahead of them... It was as if he had stepped through a portal straight into his homeland. All it needed was a range of mountains in the near distance and it would be virtually identical to the place he had grown up. Kenshi remained there, on his knees, as the other two Rune Knights walked ahead, forgetting about him. He didn't mind. He simply swept his gaze around at their surroundings over and over again, drinking in the sights. Eventually he closed his eyes, his guard falling almost completely as he relaxed, soothed by the sounds and the scents of his childhood.

As Britney and Tony continued ahead, they would soon find themselves surrounded by six rough-looking men dressed all in black leather festooned with spikes and chains, along with two women dressed in much the same. Every one of them bore a weapon of some kind, handling them awkwardly, as if unsure how to properly look threatening. That didn't stop one from stepping up behind the girl, wrapping an arm around her neck and stepping backwards to steal her balance, while simultaneously pressing the muzzle of his gun against her temple, smirking all the while. "Well well well, lookie what we got here, boys." he said, his voice greasy and smug. "A Rune Knight. Two Rune Knights, unless I miss my guess. Two Rune Knights who think they're above everyone else and treat everyone like the dirt they walk on. Well, we of Obsidian Skull are gonna teach them a lesson, even though one of them's a babe."

His monologue would be interrupted by a crack of thunder that belied the clear blue sky above and a rush of wind that blew through the middle of the group. A heartbeat passed, then suddenly the eight thugs cried out in pain and fell to the ground, weapons severed in half and blood spraying from the wrists of their weapon hands and their thighs. Kenshi crouched a few feet beyond the group, at the end of a trail of flattened grass, some of which was scorched, and blood splatters. His sword was in his hand, extended to his right side, the edge bathed in scarlet. He rose slowly and flicked the katana effortlessly, clearing the blood from the blade before returning it to the sheath in traditional Midian fashion - placing the spine against the mouth of the sheath, just above the circular handguard, and pushing the sword away, the spine sliding across the mouth of the sheath until it reached the tip, at which time he reversed the motion and slid the blade home, all in one fluid, flowing movement. He did it without looking, the mark of someone who had done the same action thousands of times until it was ingrained in their mind.

The swordsman had been shaken from his reverie by the sounds of the thugs surrounding his compatriots, his keen Slayer hearing picking them up with perfect clarity despite the distance. He had waited for the dark guild members - for he had no doubt that's what they were claiming to be - to relax slightly, then had engaged in one of the techniques that were the hallmarks of his family's sword style. The Yamaki clan had risen to prominence thanks to this style, known as Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, which translated as Flying Heaven Dragon. It relied heavily on the user's speed and agility, training these two aspects to almost superhuman levels. Eventually, the practitioner would be able to move faster than the human eye could follow, an aspect of the style which was known as Shinsoku, or 'Godspeed'. This combined with a technique called battojutsu, which involved drawing the sword rapidly and immediately employing it in a strike that continued the fluid movement of the sword drawing, created a style in which the user could strike in a heartbeat, often finishing a fight before the opponent even knew a fight was happening. This, in conjunction with the extreme speed achievable by a Lightning Dragon Slayer, gave the Yamaki clan a reputation for ending battles in the blink of an eye. The member of the clan currently holding the Lacrima that was their prized possession could extend the battojutsu technique to multiple targets, striking all in what seemed to be a single instant, as Kenshi had just done to the members of the so-called Obsidain Skull. It was all over before the Altarias would even get a chance to act.

The samurai walked up to the man who had held the gun to Britney's head, and who was currently sobbing in pain and fear, clutching his wounded wrist. With a disgusted snort, Kenshi put his foot on the man's chest and shoved him away from his compatriot. "You're lucky I remembered at the last moment to wound instead of kill. Were this my land, all of you would be dead. As it is, you'll soon be seeing the inside of a cell. Assaulting a member of the Rune Knights is a serious offense."

WC: 1075 || TWC: 2369
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 30th July 2021, 3:10 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Everything happened so quickly, the two siblings did not really have a moment to process everything. Their minds churned with thinking until they finally pieced everything together. They were ambushed by a group of eight, one threatening to shoot Britney, likely thinking she was a much weaker target than Tony, meaning less likely to fight back successfully. Tony's hands were wreathed in the dull green of his Archive, but that soon faded with the collapse of all of the assailants.

"Impressive, Tony thought. The absolute skills on display from the member of the Yamaki clan of Midi was impressive to him. His sheer strength, mixed with Britney's charm and flexibility and Tony's mind would mean that they could have the potential to be a trio that all criminals should fear. And, with the rumblings of new dark guilds, major dark guilds unlike this petty group that had-"

"Yeah, we get it, Tony," Britney said with a sigh, her heart still beating from her near death experience. The thumping had only just left her ears, now just residing in her chest, where she soon enough managed to catch herself on a calm demeanor. "But I do have to admit, that was definitely some impressive work there, Kenshi. Tony's somewhat of a fanboy of Midi-"

"I prefer the term 'appreciator of Midian culture.'"

Britney waited a moment. "Tony's a huge fanboy of Midi, so he's read up on a bunch of things that honestly don't even matter that much. Learned Midian just to read more websites."

"I-It's for the purpose of knowing more about the world! I would be a poor Archivist if I could only speak Ishgar! I don't JUST know Midijin, I also know Minstrelois, Dongxian, Engua, Bellia, Enci, and Iser!" Britney glared at him with a raised eyebrow, getting Tony to sheepishly admit in Midijin, "But I am fluent in Midijin. Studied for four years in college and then also took some time outside of school to learn more."

Britney sighed. "Honestly, Tony..." She shook her head a moment before redirecting her attention to Kenshi once more. "Anyways, as I was going to say, Tony's got a bunch of different families in his head. He mentioned that you were from some at least mildly famous clan that's lost prestige when you first joined. Something about 'wanting to learn about his new coworkers' was his explanation when I asked about it."

"Information is a valuable commodity!"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you have to cyber stalk someone the moment they start working with you."

Tony went silent for a moment. "It took one more website than normal to corroborate my information..." he finally said with a whimper.

Britney did chuckle a bit at this. Her heart at least had stopped beating a mile a minute from fear. "Right, right. I'll admit I... didn't really think you'd be a major thing. Like, we've had so many recruits, and most of them just end up being foot soldiers but-"

"An idea rang into Tony's mind," he loudly announced.

"Is it the team?"

"No, not this time. Though that is a good idea, and one I suggested, this one is different. The three of them could all work together to get into higher positions within the Rune Knights. Higher ranks, though unlikely to be the heads of their divisions. If nothing else, then Kenshi as a leader would certainly be a good choice. The bravery in battle, the swiftness and mercy in defeating all of these-" He cut himself off. "Wait, what are we doing with them?"

Britney absently waved a hand. "I've already called some backup. They'll be here in a bit. We still have time to head over to the pagoda once they get here. You're welcome to join. Sorry that we left you a bit back there, by the way. It's just that we haven't really hung out together with anyone other than our parents, so-"

Tony wrapped an arm around Kenshi. "It's nothing personal! I just get a bit lost in my own world at times!" He laughed loudly as Britney rolled her eyes. "So, uh, once they get here, you want to head to the pagoda together?"
    WC: 0699 | TWC: 2508

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 19th November 2021, 7:38 pm

Kenshi was admittedly impressed with the pair of siblings' reactions in the stressful situation that had suddenly become not so stressful. He had seen Tony's hands begin to glow green during the altercation, and knew it meant the big man was preparing to use magic. On Britney's part, she had remained perfectly calm during her near-death experience, despite the fear causing her heart to hammer in her chest, which he heard easily. That level reaction spoke to long training and masterful self-control. He was willing to bet that if he hadn't stepped in, the two would have managed to deal with the situation at least adequately. But he was glad things hadn't gotten to that point, as in a scenario like that it was all too easy to be injured.

For his own part, the swordsman took a deep breath, unconsciously using a mental exercise he had learned so long ago it was like second nature to him in order to slow his own thundering heart, the buzzing in his veins fading as the adrenaline surge ended. Potentially unnoticed by the siblings, his eyes would fade from a bright burnished gold to their normal dark violet, a side effect of his magic. Within a few moments, he had returned to his usual calm demeanor.

"I thank you for your kind words." he said in his usual soft voice, so dissimilar to the one he had used when speaking to the thugs. "Were either of you injured?"

He listened quietly as the pair spoke on, Tony flinging his arm around the slender swordsman's shoulders, which he bore stoically. "I am glad to hear that my culture has captivated you so. It is heartening to me that we are not seen as outsiders to all in this country." he replied to Tony in Midijin, giving him a slight bow.

WC: 307 || 2676
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 19th November 2021, 8:29 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Tony sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "You are not an outsider in Fiore, and I would be more than willing to take you out on a date in the future," he replying in Midijin, blushing. He did not even realize that he had misspoke and said "go on a date" instead of "hang out," but Britney was none the wiser.

"We should be fine," Britney said in Fioran. "They didn't manage to hurt me. Plus, I wager that I could have survived a shot. Dragon Slayers are built tough."

Tony gave nervous laugh. "Y-yeah! They sure are! I definitely had full faith that you'd be fine!"

Brit chuckled a bit. "It's fine, Tony. You're my brother, and you can say that you were worried about-"

Before Britney could even finish her sentence, Tony had lunged forwards, wrapping Brit into a huge hug and sobbing loudly. "I thought you were going to die! And I wouldn't have been able to protect you, and that makes me a failure as a brother!"

Britney gave an exasperated sigh, despite her smile, reaching her hand up to barely pat Tony on the head. "I understand, Tony."

Tony soon enough backed away from the hug, turned around to wipe his eyes, and then he took a deep breath and spoke again to Kenshi, his normal fitness in his voice evident. "Now, Tony knew that Kenshi had seen the darker side of the hardened detective. Who knows what would happen if this weakness were to get out? No, the only possible thing to do... was murder. Of course, that was a joke. Tony always enjoyed the brighter side of life, bouncing back from tragedy after tragedy, like the time in dodgeball, his second year of high school, when-"

As Tony rambled on, Brit just sighed, standing between the two. "Sorry to bring you into our chaos..."
    WC: 312 | TWC: 2820

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 19th November 2021, 8:38 pm

Kenshi blinked at Tony's Midijin reply. Either the big Rune Knight played for a different team than the swordsman expected or... Surely it was just a mistranslation. "Actually, the phrase is 'hang out with'." he said first in Fioran, then ending in Midijin. "What you said is... something different."

The stoic swordsman then blinked again at his compatriot's outburst of emotion and subsequent monologue that included a threat of murder. He turned his head and regarded Britney steadily. "It seems that everything in this country is chaotic. At least, compared to what I am accustomed to. Everything in Midi is... peaceful. Quiet. Serene..." he said, trailing off as he looked around the gorgeous park again. "If you ever decided to visit there, I would be more than glad to accompany you."

WC: 131 || TWC: 2807
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 19th November 2021, 9:05 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Tony quickly thanked Kenshi for the help with the translation, remarking that it was something he always messed up. He soon enough walked on, still ranting to himself about something.

"He's always been a bit of a weird one, I'll be honest. I told you about the film noir stuff earlier. That's the big one. It's weird, too. I don't mean to say that Tony's bad or anything, I love him because he's my brother but... everyone else in our family is almost painfully normal. Then we just have Tony. But, I guess that's the charm, right?" Britney sighed and shook her head. "Anyways, there's still the pagoda up ahead. I've never actually been to Midi, so... is this what it's actually like? I mean, like, what are your favorite things about Midi? I'm sure I could go on and on about Fiore, but I've never been one much for talking too much."
    WC: 0153 | TWC: 2973

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 29th November 2021, 7:08 pm

Kenshi nodded at Britney's words, accepting her explanation. It seemed Tony's quirks were simply something he would have to accept. "For the most part, yes." he said in reply to her question. "But... Midi has a quiet serenity that this park, as wonderfully as its designers have done, cannot replicate. Perhaps it is just my Slayer nature, but I can still hear the sounds of the city behind us. Where I grew up, we are surrounded by fields and rivers, with enormous and beautiful mountains within a day's walk. When we were young, my siblings and I would often camp in the mountains, living off of the land. It is... A place to which no other could compare. I hope you are able to see it someday. Perhaps you could visit my family's estate, when you do?" he said in his calm, serene voice.

WC: 144 || TWC: 1951
    Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 29th November 2021, 7:25 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP200/200
    MP200/200
    Speed20m/s
    Strength20
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

Britney closed her eyes as she walked, taking in the sensations of the world around her. She still had not fully gotten used to the experience of being a Slayer.

"I'm guessing you're one of those people that got Slayer magic from a lacrima?" she absently asked. "It's... a weird sensation. I still haven't gotten used to all of those perks and I've had my Lacrima for almost two years now. I mean, if you've lived nineteen years with normal human or at least normal wizard senses and then you get over to a Slayer's senses... well, you can forgive me for being a little bit unused to this sense of knowing and feeling more than I should." She sighed. "Though, that could just be mine in particular. Seems like your Slayer lacrima is something more... basic than mine. I don't even know where my uncle had found it. It just was there, and now I have the ability to do any elements. Well, I can only do one at a time and then I need to expel it which is really draining on my magic and-"

She slapped herself in the face. "Sorry, sorry! I'm talking too much!"

WC: 0200 | TWC: 3173

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 1st December 2021, 2:39 pm

Kenshi found himself smiling slightly as he listened to Britney speak. "No, no, it's alright. If this is not too much to say, I enjoy the sound of your voice. It... Reminds me of home, somehow." he said, shaking his head in response to her self-admonition. "To answer your question, yes. I am the latest in the long line of bearers of a Lightning Dragon Slayer Lacrima, handed down from father to son in my clan for generations. It used to be that the Lacrima would be passed on only when the father was ready to retire, but this time... My father fell ill and was no longer able to perform his duties as First Sword. I had not yet come of age, so I was not prepared to receive the power or the title. And thus, my clan declined in both wealth and fame, without the First Sword to complete jobs. Now it is my duty to reclaim my family's status using the power that I inherited. I have now held the power for seven years, and before that I was prepared for it by years of training, so it feels... natural to me. Part of me. I am never caught by surprise by what I can do." He raised his right hand and gazed at it for a moment, then clenched it into a fist which began giving off gold-colored sparks. "This is the power of the Yamaki Clan, and the power by which I will bring glory back to my family."

WC: 254 || TWC: 2205

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 3:59 am