Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction]

Valentine Stevenson
    Valentine Stevenson

Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction] Empty [Open] Anyone there? [Introduction]

Post by Valentine Stevenson 8th April 2020, 2:05 pm

Valentine Stevenson
    Well they certaintly went for an interesting theme, how extravagant. Valentine thought to himself as he walked into the throne room of Dies Irae, honestly, this guild master must have a huge ego. Then gain, he heard rumors that the guild master hailed the God of Justice, so yea, huge ego. He wondered if this guy was packing what he was selling, or was he just all talk and no show. Perhaps he was overcompensating for something, hmmm, Valentine was actual getting interested about this character. There was a red and golden carpet leading to a marvelous golden throne raised up on a dias, Valentine followed the carpet a nd starred at the throne curiously; honestly he was imagining himself sitting on said throne. 

He looked around curiously. This would be a pretty amazing place to hold some sort of party or rave, honestly, the status and recognition he would get from throwing a party. Like a mischievous fox the young male smiled ear to ear, and ran a hair through his blonde hair in amusement. Indeed. He could become the king of the parties, what would happen if he sat in the thrown? Eh, it probably was a bad idea, Valentine heard that these guys were pretty hardcore, that’s how he liked it anyway.

Valentine was a slender and attractive male, a little unassuming in appearance or at least not intimidating. He fumbled in his white overcoat for his ilac and headphones, and found his headphone in his jacket, but his ilac was in his red skinny jeans. Needless to say, Valentine was not dressed for the occasion; the black t-shirt with the words ‘lets party’ in bold white made it obvious. He plucked in his headphones into his ilac and placed them into his ears, he placed on one of his favorite songs, and sat down on the floor waiting for someone to come introduce him.

Seriously, he wanted to sit on the throne though

Words: 327/y
    Tag: @tagged
    Muse: dead
    Notes: Hot Girl Bummer
    ivyleaf33insp. blancblack

Altarias
    Altarias

Player 
    Lineage : Graceful Siren
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 15,619

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction] Empty Re: [Open] Anyone there? [Introduction]

Post by Altarias 8th April 2020, 8:25 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP400/400
    MP400/400
    Speed40m/s
    Strength40
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

The enhanced hearing that Illya must have received upon her lacrima integration was a blessing and a curse at times. She could hear the cadence of people's breath and, due to her naturally quick and personable demeanor, she could recognize people from far away if she took the time to do so. However, that had times where it could be an irritant, where each and every waking moment, if she were not focused, there could be the chance of a slight buzzing in the air of a disturbance. It would quickly fade back into the white noise that she would drown out with her natural sense, but there were times when it could be irritating.

Of course, this was not one of those moments. Tingling at the tips of her ears was a new flow. Someone new had come to visit. Naturally curious, Illya made way from her room towards the throne room where this new person was, Yemaya perching on her shoulder as small as a cat. Standing there, sure enough, was someone unfamiliar to the Sound Slayer. Not particularly impressive or making many waves in terms of his appearance, but neither did the Ambassadors. Commander West, on the other hand...

Illya shivered, trying to focus on the matter at hand. It seemed as if the higher-ups had not quite come to greet the new fellow yet, so Illya took the initiative, regardless of whether or not Commander West would be okay with such a thing. The Commander never truly got along with Illya, and always the God Slayer would wonder why.

"Hello!" she said, a bright smile beaming on her face. "Welcome to Dies Irae! I'm assuming you're here to join up? Well, you're probably not here for anything shady or seedy if you've made it this far into the Throne Room and now you're just standing here gawking. Though, I don't blame you for being in awe at this place. I know I sure was when I first got here. It's a beautiful place, isn't it? Oh, right. The name's Illya Pegasus. I'm not really one of the higher-ups, but that's not really a big deal. Um...if you're looking for people to help you with jobs, don't really know how great I'd do, what with the whole 'I barely know how to use magic' thing and-"

Yemaya cut her off with a stream of negative thought. You're speaking about yourself, child. Ask about him.

"R-right," Illya mumbled to her guardian. "Anyways, what about you? What brings you over to Dies Irae?"

WC: 0424 | TWC: 0424

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction] GMALSW8
    Valentine Stevenson
    Valentine Stevenson

Player 

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction] Empty Re: [Open] Anyone there? [Introduction]

Post by Valentine Stevenson 9th April 2020, 11:08 pm

Valentine Stevenson
    It was only a matter of time before someone found him sitting down in front of the throne and jamming out to one of his favorite songs that suddenly came on his playlist. This time it was (enter name here), one of the best songs ever to be created by this band. While it was far from his favorite, Valentine could not help but enjoy the beat and well, he could have honestly cared less about the lyrics. They were random and did not really make sense, or well they did not apply to Valentine or so he thought. Other people might disagree with him, but they didn’t know jack about who he really was. Valentine fumbled through his coat for his package of cigarettes and then his lighter, he found his cigarettes but not his light. Crap. Cursing under his breath, Valentine took out a cigarette and tucked it in his mouth. Great. Now he would have to use his bizarre magic to light the darn thing, ugh. 

He brought this thumb to the tip of the cig, it glowed a bright golden, and a small flare lit the end. Valentine inhaled softly with a deep sigh, before he exhaled a cloud of grey smokey stress. Plucking the death stick out of his mouth, Valentine rubbed his forehead with the palm of his hand. And started to look through his iLac while he waited for someone to pay attention to him. Hopefully, there would be some cute guys or something to greet him, maybe, they would have a thing for guys. Oooo~that would be fun, guess he’d have to go socialize with some cuties once he is in the guild. Valentine tucked the stick of chemical death between his lips again and inhaled sharply, before releasing another cloud of stress and irritation.

Valentine heard the sound of footsteps and looked up to see that some girl was here. He cocked an eyebrow upward, but other than that, there was no sign of interest or care. Tucking his phone in his pocket, Valentine stood up so that when the girl had drawn near he’d be able to look at her face to face. She was cute, Valentine gave her that, but she wasn’t his type. He opened his mouth to say something, but was immediately cut off as she talked- none stop.

Good lord. Valentine thought to himself as the girl managed to say a million different things without giving him some room to breathe. His eyes were widen and he shook his head and tried to focus. “Hello.” Valentine would start before plucking his headphones out of his ears, and tuck them in his pocket. “What kind of shady stuff would I be doing? Stealing the throne?” he asked sarcastically, before waving his comment away. “OKAY, OKAY. One thing at a time please. Yes I am looking to join the guild. My name is Valentine, nice to meet you. AHHH. What was your name again? Sorry I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry my headphones were in."

Words: 507/y
    Notes: Hot Girl Bummer

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

Post by Shen Kadokawa 10th April 2020, 6:28 pm

[Open] Anyone there? [Introduction] HOtaKzb

"I see you've already become acquainted with Illya", swift, but certain steps carried the Ambassador across the polished marble floor, the hint of an echo resounding with each periodic advance. Johann's voice, of course, was aimed at the young newcomer, his tone friendly, in a sense, welcoming, but not overbearingly so. The man, clad entirely in an onyx uniform, the heavy coat around his shoulders and strands of silver hair tucked under the militaristic hat, had been driven over by not just the sound of conversation, but also the scent of smoke. His heightened sense of smell played no small part in aiding his perception. His brow would furrow just ever-so-slightly at the sight of the cigarette, the practiced smirk on his face remaining the same, however. "Smoking is not permitted within the Throne Hall". Johann's eyes wandered down to the carpet, though his head remained centered on the new face. He hoped that he hadn't lost ash. His eyes would wander back up. "Apologies for the inconvenience", he finished, shooting the young man an expecting look, only now inspecting him any closer.

He was probably in his early- to mid-twenties, a light head of hair adorning a male who was only marginally shorter than the Ambassador himself. Johann's head swerved to Illya, tilted to the side slightly, his smirk widening. He knew that Illya could be a real handful, almost pitying the guy for the fact alone that he'd had to endure her as the first person of the guild he would meet. "Thank you for greeting our guest, Miss Pegasus. It's good to see that you're adapting to the guild".

His attention would turn back to the young man. "Your name is Valentine if I am correct?", Johann would try to affirm whether he had understood the little bit of conversation he had caught correctly. "If you're looking to join the guild, it would appear that you are somewhat lucky. My name is Johann von Weiss". The man leaned forward slightly as he introduced himself in a bow that was more symbolic, a greeting, rather than a sign of, as some would perhaps interpret it, submission, or even respect. It was a simple courtesy. "I am one of the Ambassador's of Dies Irae, the Guild Master, if you will. A pleasure".

The man would pause for a second, thinking about his words. He had a few questions for the young man, if he did indeed intend to join the guild, that was. Perhaps it would be best to simply inquire without much small talk or distraction. "If you want to join Dies Irae, there are a few things I would like to assure myself of before you may be allowed admittance into the guild, though I'm sure that this should be no problem. Tell me, Valentine, I am curious ...", Johann turned slightly, taking a step away from the man, letting his gaze wander over the sanguine banners that hung from the grey granite walls, he guild's cross etched into the fabric in a bright golden hue. "... why Dies Irae specifically? What makes you want to become a part of this guild?". He was sure that that would be enough to start out with, enough to think about for the beginning. Depending on his answer, the Ambassador would begin to try and judge the other's character. Perhaps, he thought, if he liked what he heard, he could invite the young man, and by extension, Illya, too, of course, to a cup of tea.

Word Count: 586
    Personal Word Count Total: 586
    Thread Word Count Total: 1,844

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 10th April 2020, 9:17 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP400/400
    MP400/400
    Speed40m/s
    Strength40
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

After the man introduced himself, Illya smiled and nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Valentine, though I don't believe that-"

She was interrupted by the entrance of Ambassador von Weiss. Just as she suspected, he pointed out that smoking was, in fact, not allowed in the Throne Room. When she was reading over the rules, she slightly skimmed over that feature. She herself did not smoke, so why would she bother with learning the rules surrounding it?

At the Ambassador's call of thank you, Illya gave a beaming smile and a quick bow. "Of course, Ambassador! It's...uh...taken a bit, for sure, but I think I definitely know my way around here now, so to speak!" Illya was prepared to speak more when the Ambassador continued his attention towards the new recruit. In the brief pause that the Ambassador gave between his words, Illya pounced on the opportunity to speak of her own accord. "Yep! Ambassador von Weiss here is great! You wouldn't really be able to tell from his appearance, but he's actually suuuuuuper strong!" As soon as the words left her mouth, she realized the possible interpretation her words could have. "Uh, not to say that you look weak or anything, it's just that, y'know, usually when there's someone as strong as you think, y'know, big buff dudes or something like that. At least, that's what some of the customers I'd waitress for would say. Or at least someone a little more...I dunno...expressionate? Is that a word? Something like that. But I didn't mean-"

Perhaps luckily for Illya, the Ambassador continued his questioning of Valentine before Illya could dig herself into any deeper of a hole. She sighed a breath of relief as the questioning continued before the Ambassador finished. "Ooh! That's true! I mean, Dies Irae is a bit out of the way, so if you're joining, you gotta have some strong reason for it. Don't worry, there's not really any wrong reason, but some people just aren't really fit for it. Like, if you're just here for personal glory, it's not gonna mesh as well as if you, say, hate dark guilds. Not saying that you shouldn't join if it's for personal glory or anything, th-that's perfectly fine it you do, just-"

Yemaya sighed in Illya's mind. Learn when to stop speaking.

Illya would have liked to continue, but at risk of being scolded by the Aviaku once more, she simply waited for Valentine to give his answers in a state of earnest excitement.

WC: 0419 | TWC: 0843

Valentine Stevenson
    Valentine Stevenson

Player 

Post by Valentine Stevenson 11th April 2020, 6:49 pm

Valentine Stevenson
    I see that you've already become acquainted with Illya, A voice called out to Valentine, or well more like addressed him, as the sound of orderly foot steps softly echoed throughout the throne room. Valentine would turn to face whoever spoke to him, and noticed a man dressed in an onyx military uniform, over his shoulders he wore a heavy coat, whatever the case, for a man dressed so prim and proper he spoke slightly friendly. It was not as overwhelmingly friendly as this girl called Illya, it was a little more tolerable than her. As the man drew closer, he mentioned that there was no smoking in the smoking in the throne room, "Awwww" Valentine would pout as he plucked the death stick out of his lips and with a flash of yellow light it disintegrated. Now that he was closer, Valentine could see a couple of strands of silver hair tucked under a hat, the man glanced down to the red and gold carpet; no doubt checking to see if any ashes had dripped down from his cigarette. "That would have been nice to know before I lit the cig." he commented under his breath. The youngster tucked his hands into his pants pocket, and shifted a little like a angsty teen.

Ease dropping on the miniature conversation taking place before him, Valentine learned that the pink hair girl was a relatively new recruit to the guild. At least he had someone to help him adjust to the new life style and whatnot. Though it was unfortunate that she talked too much, though it would have been nice if she warned him that smoking was not allowed. "SO um, this smoking policy is it only for the throne room?" he questioned the mysterious man.

The man questioned to see if he had Valentine's name correct, he nodded in affirmation. "Yea, my name is Valentine Maximilian Stevenson."  the man would then introduce himself as Johann von Weiss, an Ambassador and the Guild master of Dies Irae. "Oooo, how scary. It is a pleasure to meet you as well." Valentine would comment in a sarcastic, but there was a note of genuine respect in the tone of his voice, however, you had to pay attention to notice it. A moment of silence occurred between the two and like a predator Illya stalking on its prey, she pounced on the opportunity to speak; ranting about how strong Johann was and unintentionally shot a insult towards Valentine before trying to apologize and say other wise. "no worries, I don't doubt that he is strong than me, a little more attractive as well, wouldn't you say?" he teased ever so slightly. As Johann would lean forward to bow in respect, Valentine would lean back with his eyes widen towards him.

The pause would end when Johann mentioned that he had a couple of questions to ask, before Valentine would be allowed admittance into the guild; understandable but a little irritating. "That is understandable, go ahead ask whatever question you need to know." It should not have surprise Valentine that Johann wanted to know his reasons for joining, and once again like a patient conversation predator Illya jumped in another rant. "Well its not for glory." he would say and take a few moments to think about the reason why he wanted to join. "I guess the reason is because I believe in the cause, and I hate dark mages of all sorts. Dies Irae in my opinion is an effective force against dark mages, you guys are not bound to the same code as the Rune Knights."

Words: 605/y

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 12th April 2020, 10:22 am

It seemed that the young man was disappointed by the Ambassador's instruction, though he would follow it nonetheless, earning him an approving nod from Joh, who appreciated the compliance, at least. The young man, though, did have a question about that particular habit of his, Johann answering in practiced tone "You may smoke outside or in the Mess Hall. Guild members may also smoke in their private quarters, but please avoid it in the hallways or the Throne Hall itself". He hoped his answer was at least somewhat reassuring to the new arrival.

The newbie would introduce himself a certain "Valentine Maximilian Stevenson", a name that, in tone, at least, seemed quite elaborate and elegant, leaving the Ambassador to wonder if its bearer was of the same kind. Of course, the kid would quickly prove him wrong, a sarcastic reply being all that the other offered him. Not just that, Illya was also quick to jump in, the perpetual storm of words quickly inducing the onset of a headache within the man, which would, thankfully, pass as quickly as it had come. Still, Illya's words were anything but flattering for the Ambassador, the silver-haired man pinching the bridge of his nose briefly. "It's fine, Miss Pegasus, please". Johann would, for the sake of politeness, chose to ignore the girl's insulting comment. That wasn't all, though. The young newcomer would take the opportunity to deliver a quick and quite flirtatious comment, causing the Rune Mage to shoot him the blankest of stares for a few passing moments. He decided it would be best to ignore that, as well.

Still, there would be more. Contrary to what the Ambassador had expected, Illya would actually be the first one to take the word after he asked the young man the question, which was, admittedly, rather directly rude. The man had to actively hold back a defeated sigh, his eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly. Joh would listen quietly and attentively, only speaking up when both had finished talking, at first, desiring to extinguish misconceptions propagated by the girl, his tone somewhat dejected. "Let me be clear: Dies Irae is not a guild that makes hate its mission", he would respond thus to both Illya and Valentine, "Strong feelings of anger, outrage, the desire for revenge. Those are all human emotions, and to accept them is the first step to dealing with them, but Dies Irae's top priority is and will always be, first and foremost, kindness, helping the citizens of Earthland. I hope that's clear. Now-", Johann would turn to Valentine specifically, the warm expression and tone returning, at least in part, "-I'm glad that you've decided to join the guild based on your beliefs. It is indeed the case that Dies Irae enjoys certain, hm, privileges. In our line of work, it's somewhat of a necessity, of course". That would, naturally, bring up a subsequent question, one the Ambassador really hoped Illya would not decide to interrupt with her idle chit-chatter, his eyes briefly swerving over to the girl with a disappointed look before returning to Valentine.

"So, Valentine, if I may call you that, do you think you have what it takes to become a Bounty Hunter? What do you think qualifies you to be a mage of Dies Irae?".

Word Count: 547
    Personal Word Count Total: 1,133
    Thread Word Count Total: 3,415

Last edited by Johann on 20th April 2020, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Altarias
    Altarias

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Altarias 12th April 2020, 5:32 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP400/400
    MP400/400
    Speed40m/s
    Strength40
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

"A-ah yes! A-apologies, Mister von Weiss!" Illya blurted, bowing a few times quickly. It was then she realized her mistake. "Ambassador von Weiss!" Her voice quietened down. "Ambassador, Ambassador, Ambassador! You got this out of your system Illya!" Her energy dissipated ever so slightly, she bounced back into the conversation. "J-Just as the Ambassador says, there's definitely a lot more nuance to the whole purpose of Dies Irae. I'm just a lower-ranking member, but even then I probably have been oversimplifying things in my head more than I should."

While the Ambassador gave a sidelong glance, or possibly even a glare, towards Illya, he continued his line of questioning with the mention of bounty hunters, which certainly caught the attention of the recently-appointed Officer. "While certainly there's a fair bit of work going into bounty hunting, it's far from the most that we do. I-In fact, there's very much a possibility that you won't be getting into too many jobs, but strong newcomers are always welcome! Probably not too difficult to tell that I haven't exactly been on the front lines too much for the bounty hunting work - the thought of hunting down someone just doesn't really appeal to someone like me - I've still been able to keep on working my craft, and I'm sure you'll be able to as well!" Illya gave a quick smile, trying to keep an easy face for the newcomer, and hopefully trying to disperse with Ambassador von Weiss's ill thoughts of Illya's...professionality. "That said, I'm always a biiiiiiiiit curious, gotta admit. Since you said you're joining because Dies Irae is an effective force against Dark Guilds, probably means you're a bit more suited for the Bounty Hunting life than I am. N-Not saying that-"

Yemaya had decided it was enough. She leaped off of the shoulder of Illya and bulked her size up to roughly that of a horse, just to make her presence more evident. "Ambassador von Weiss, Valentine," she said with a nod, speaking into their minds. "I must apologize for Illya's...consistent outbursts. I had thought she had gotten better at this, Ambassador, but it appears as though my faith was...misguided." The last of the words oozed with disappointment, making Illya's posture sink. "Valentine. Ambassador. Please try to ignore if Illya makes any more outbursts. She's prone to excitement, even moreso than usual. If you would wish it, Ambassador, I will return Illya to her quarters without further delay. Though...perhaps she could use as much a lesson in respect as any." Yemaya bowed her head yet again, waiting for the response from both her and her ward's Ambassador and the whims of the newcomer. Despite Illya being higher rank than the newcomer, the Guardian somehow had a feeling that Valentine would show more respect towards Johann than Illya did. Meanwhile, Illya merely sunk into a glum mope, curling up into a small, upright ball on the ground, wrapping her thin arms around her legs as she waited for Yemaya to finish, as if Illya were a small, petulant child. Yemaya sighed. She had hoped that Illya would be acting better now, but perhaps another lesson from the Commander was required for such a thing.

WC: 0535 | TWC: 1378

Valentine Stevenson
    Valentine Stevenson

Player 

Post by Valentine Stevenson 17th April 2020, 10:49 am

Valentine Stevenson
    Yea, Valentine was a little disappointed that Ambassador Johann had him put out the cigarette. He honestly hated being wasteful, a product of how his parents raised him, and right now he just wasted a cigarette; they are not really cheap after all and money was tight! Tch. Well, at least he’d be able to smoke in his own private dorm, speaking of which. “So, if I get accepted into your guild, I’ll have my own chambers?” he would question with a cocky smile painted across his face. Actually, that was kind of a good deal in his opinion. Becoming apart of and working for the guild, in exchange for having his own private dorm that he did not have to pay for, or so he hoped. “And if so, is this private chamber free? To members at least?”   

Illya seemed to be a person who simply did not know how or when to stop talking. Most importantly, it seemed like have of the time she did not know what she said, which no doubt got her mouth in trouble. Though honestly, Valentine could talk much, seeing that his mouth got in him trouble a lot. Valentine would press his tongue to the top of the roof of his mouth as Johann glared at Illya, and she would in response bow multiple times while muttering an apologizing. Wow was the only thing that he could think, just wow. It would also seem that Johann did not appreciate his flirtatious comment, as seen by the blank look that was shot towards himself, Valentine rolled his eyes. Could this guy take a compliment? He questioned. Sigh, oh well, no playful flirting with the silver haired cutie. Obviously not agree with what Illya had to say about hatred Johann would step in and clarify what the guild was actually about. He made sure that Valentine understood that hatred was not the goal of the guild, but it was actually, kindness and compassion towards the people of Fiorie. Like a shrink Johann would go on to say that feelings of anger, outrage and desire of revenge were all natural- as soon as he got into the therapist mode Valentine kind of just tuned out. He wasn’t interested in speech about feelings and whatnot, that was boring, and uninteresting. "Yea hate my not be the mission of the guild, but you gotta admit that it makes a good motivator." Valentine would reply, as he massaged the back of his neck and yawned a little. "Sorry, but I need to move around just a little, I can't stand staying still." with that Valentine started to pace back and forth, as Illya would make the comment about how she was new to the guild and whatnot, and made the comment that the guild was a lot more nuance than what she was making it. "Well its nice to see that I am not the only newbie here, or well hopefully I'll become a newbie here." 

Before Valentine could answer Johann’s question about becoming a bounty hunter, Illya interrupted and mentioned that bounty hunting was not the only thing that they did, and that she herself did not do much bounty hunter work. Valentine could not help but smirk at what she said, it conflicted once more with what Johann said and specifically questioned him for, ooo, someone was going to get in trouble after today. Honestly, Valentine wanted to ask her why she was in this guild then, but he didn’t want the guild master to scold him, especially since he kind of already got into trouble with the cigarette. Normally he would be annoyed that he wasn’t given a chance to answer his question, but Johann asked a good question that Valentine didn’t really have an answer for. Something leaped off Ilya’s shoulder and bulked up to the size of a horse. The creature would apologize on Illya’s behalf and offered to take her back to her room. Valentine a bit confused titled his head curiously at the creature, before turning his attention to Johann, and then down to the Illya who was cradling herself. Honestly, he felt a little bad for her. “Eh, she’s fine in my opinion. But I guess it is up to the Guildmaster?” he would turn an curious eyes to Johann and quietly wondered what the creature was talking about. 

“Anyway I guess to answer your question I might need to know what you are specifically looking for. “ Valentine would once again pace back and forth in thought, he had stopped when the creature appeared. “I mean, I know I make look and act like a snotty little angsty teenage brat, buuuttt, and this it a big but. When I am given an order I’ll carry it out without question, and I won’t stop until my goal is complete. There is a certain level of thoroughness that I maintain when conducting business. Likewise, I am kinda loyal, well at least in business, a lot of my exs would say otherwise, but that is relationship wise.” He would click his tongue, “What exactly are you looking for?”

Words: 847/y

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 20th April 2020, 3:43 pm

"Indeed, all members will receive their own private quarters", Johann replied quickly and in a persistently formal voice. He'd explained this to new recruits more than just a few times, of course, and the entire procedure of questions and answers had, naturally, become somewhat of a routine at this point. "It is indeed, as you said, free. The guild will cover the costs for your accommodations and, obviously, catering, which is separate from your regular pay and the rewards you receive from contracts. If you would rather prefer to seek your own quarters on Amber Island or somewhere else entirely, that is acceptable, too, though you will, of course, be expected to adhere to your duties as a mage of the guild, regardless of where you live". He hoped that this explanation would extinguish any misconceptions the other held, if any, and make the process of becoming a mage of the guild a little more transparent.

Johann wouldn't miss the girl's failure to address him properly yet again, his eyes growing dull ever-so-slightly with disappointment. He knew that Amalie had already administered a disciplinary measure for failing to refer to her as "Commander West", something that the Ambassador objectively found harsh, but deemed necessary, if for nothing else than the integrity of their command structure. Of course, Johann was quite a lot more lenient than the Commander in this regard, leaving it at a defeated sigh and a curt correction. "Ambassador", Illya seemingly changing her tone rather quickly upon realizing her mistake. At least she seemed to be willing to learn and correct her mistakes, a fact that gave the silver-haired man back quite a bit of hope in Illya's mannerisms ... right before she began to go off into another speech, the Ambassador's lips pressing against each other, forcing himself to swallow any harsh words that immediately came to mind.

That wasn't the last of her antics, of course, when her, well, Johann didn't quite know how to denote it and chose to stick with "companion" over "pet", would make quite the grand entrance, in a way that was more literal than anticipated, the familiar voice of the bird-like being ringing out in his head. The Ambassador listened to what the creature had to say, noting that it was starkly different to Illya's way of expression, perhaps even more pleasant, polite, even, though the Ambassador, nonetheless, closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before opening his mouth once more. "Yemaya, right?", he began, speaking aloud, his tone neutral and without animosity, rather seeking to correct than scold. "Your faith in Illya might dwindle, but my faith in my Soldier will not. Miss Pegasus, Illya, has all tools she needs to become her best possible self and an excellent Officer of Dies Irae, that I am certain of. She just needs time and patience to learn how to use them. Now-", his head turned to the girl that was now moping on the floor, his words shifting from encouragement to stern orders, "-cease your pitiful display at once, Soldier. Stand up and show the dignity and self-respect appropriate for a member of Dies Irae!". Whether or not the girl would listen was, of course, up to her, but if that was the best she could do, changing the world for the better would be a goal lost on her. Unexpectedly, though, the Ambassador would once again turn to the newcomer, this time, bowing deeply before him. "It is I who must apologize for my subordinate's behavior, Valentine", taking the burden upon himself as the representative of this organization.

He didn't necessarily desire dwelling on this topic for longer than necessary, straightening his back once again and returning to his previous height and stern look paired with a friendly smirk. It seemed the young man was of a similar mindset, quickly seeking to answer the Ambassador's previous question to the best of his abilities. At least, so it would seem. There was no "correct" answer to the question Johann had asked, of course, something that he wouldn't exactly seek to convey. The Ambassador simply wanted to know more about what motivated the young man, his background, and what he could bring to the table, so to speak. He gave Valentine a nod. "Dutifulness, thoroughness, and loyalty, hm?". Johann's smirk seemed to widen ever-so-slightly. Not the worst attributes to possess, even if they were presented to the Ambassador in a roundabout and banterous way. "As long as you adhere to the guild's code, to our rules, and follow the path we have set for ourselves and our members, Valentine, there is no specific thing we are looking for. The guild will help you accomplish your goals if you will help it accomplish its goals. It's quite simple: Be a force of good in this world. If you wish to become a member, then you must acknowledge and agree to this. Now that that's done ...", the Ambassador would relax both tone and stance just a little, his eyes following the nervous back and forth of the new arrival. "... are there any questions you would like to raise? Regardless of whether you present me with such, I have one last question for you: Do wish to become a member of Dies Irae?".

Word Count: 880
    Personal Word Count Total: 2,013
    Thread Word Count Total: 5,677

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 5:59 am