Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Deadly Moss - Job

Yakone
    Yakone

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blood
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Deadly Moss - Job   Empty Deadly Moss - Job

Post by Yakone 7th March 2020, 9:10 am

WC:1,515

Spoiler:

A cold tavern at the edge of a high end cliff, surrounded by glacier walls to protect it from falling over, the tavern is well known to the local villagers as a means to get drunk and have a good time. After all, the cold isn't lighting up and the only way to feel warm inside is having some nice ale. Yagi found his travels here recently, traveling by snow wolf. Upon hoping off the wolf, he entered the tavern with his oversized winter coat on and making his way to the bartender. He had ordered himself some rum with coke. Consuming it relatively fast as one would do due to this cold weather.

Just as he was about to pay his tab and be on his way, he overheard tears coming from a little girl who appears to be the daughter of an employee that works there.

"Daddy, when is brother Jacob coming back? You said he would be back several days ago and he's still not here.."

The father who was a bartender and who had just served Yagi his drink. Spoke to his daughter in a bit of a worried tone of voice and not knowing what to even tell her.

"Marie.. I-"

With a single push and running towards the back of the tavern, the little girl stated something that got the onlookers all watching.

"If he didn't follow those stupid rumors about the cave that no one comes back from! Maybe he would still be here!"

This got Yagi curious, as he approached the bartender afterwards and having his hands in his coat pocket.

"Sorry to intrude. But I am curious. What cave is she talking about?"

The bartender rising to his feet and brushing off his vest.

"Its a cave that locals and even mages had gone into. Rumors have it that they haven't returned ever since."

Yagi responded back with his wolf resting by his feet.

"If this is true. Why did your son go over there?"

The bartender sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm not sure the reason why. All he told us is that he wanted to see if the rumors were true."

Yagi sighed and then looked at the man before walking away.

"I will go to the cave and look for him."

The bartender having tears in his eyes.

"I can't simply ask that you go on-"

Yagi looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"If it were my family member, I would want someone to go looking for them. Heck even go looking for myself if that were the case."

The man thanked him and after given the location to the place, Yagi found himself at the entrance to the cave. Riding his wolf inside the cave, he looked around it. Nothing was out of the sort except for his first clue. A body was on the ground and his arms and legs covered in warts and purple marks all around its body. Yagi kept his hands in his pocket and his distance far away from the man.

"From the looks of it, it seems like the rumors are true...whatever did this, wasn't a human.."

He continued to venture forward and began to hear a slight movement of crystal like elements from above. They were icicles! The started to come down on him, he ran straight inside the cave with a quick pace and because he was on his wolf, the speed was more than enough to save his life from the deadly icicles that came down. Upon looking back towards the death trap, he noticed a few bodies being impaled by it. This cave truly wasn't a cave to take lightly. Nevertheless, he ventured forward and started to hear a waterfall just up ahead. He found it, along with moss that was against the walls.

Whatever this was, this was the only thing that was unique about the cave. The moss that appeared as old as time itself. But with a slight difference, a faded pink like atmosphere all around it. If he was a betting man, then he knew that the body from earlier had came from that. He then started to look around, more bodies were in the area and based on the description that the father gave, his son was among the ones that were dead. Sorrow grew in his eyes and from the looks of it, it was the poison that did it. Yagi didn't want to go empty handed, so he traveled straight to the moss, covering his mouth with an extra shirt he had in his back pocket. He pulled out his knife and began to cut down the piece of moss and walking away from the moss. He took off the shirt and then wrapped the moss within the shirt.

Just when he thought he was scot free and heading out of the cave, crabs started to come out of their holes and mad. They started to swarm him and his wolf. Yagi was already ready for the fight as he started to punch and kick the crabs with his powerful hits. They went flying like a ball and against the walls. Whether it was their shells or their dedication to going after him. They continued to attack. The wolf tried his best to bite down on their thick shells but it was no use. These crabs weren't ordinary at all and the only way Yagi saw his way of getting out of the cave was to just make a run for it! He got on his wolf and off he went! riding straight back to the tavern, he met with the bartender which was now closing hours. The bartender allowed him in. Carrying over his shoulder was the body of Jacob and luckily the girl wasn't there to witness it and had gone home.

"I'm sorry for your loss. But I know why most of the locals and mages never could escape it."

He placed the shirt on the counter and slowly opened it, revealing the moss.

"This is the poison moss that killed most of the people in there. Its highly contagious so be careful with the body. My advice is to go to a mage that can get rid of the poison before burying the body."

The father even though he was sad, thanked the man for his efforts and handed him the money. Yagi accepted it and went about his business. Upon exiting the tavern, the crabs had followed him! Not only that, they brought there mother with them.

Yagi immediately started to fight the crabs. One after another, they met their fate with his boots and fist. So much so that he started to focus on the mother, while the wolf went after the smaller crabs. The mother crab was now gaining the edge off of Yagi and began to pinch his wrist and started to bash him against the ground.

"No one escapes the cave and lives to tell about it!"

Yagi was rather shocked that the mother could talk and immediately kicked her straight in the face. Causing her to let go. Just before she could do something drastic and pinch his face. Yagi ducked and slammed his fist straight into her face. The blow was enough to push her back to the edge of the cliff that didn't have the walls. The crab mother had laughed, charging straight at Yagi and swiping his cheek with her claw. It was successful and blood was now leaking from his face.

"Hehehe, you now suffer the poison that the others have died from.."

Frustrated, Yagi kicked the crab off of the cliff and sending her to her impending doom. The smaller crabs started to retreat after witnessing this. Yagi now panting to himself, already feeling the effects of the poison...

Yagi started to walk with his wolf through the snow. As far traveled as he had come to, he saw an old rural outpost just ahead. Before he could make it to the destination, his body had collapsed on the ground, coming to the effects from the poison. Before his eyes had closed, an old woman walking towards him and now he was knocked out entirely. Upon waking up moments later in a bed with some liquids all over his body. He felt the effects of the poison clearing away instantly.

"What the. What did you do to me.."

The old woman cackled and with the pot right next to her she smiled.

"The poison moss from that cave you just came from.. It can end the lives of anyone who knows nothing about how to cure it. I have given you the cure, in exchange, I have a job to give you. Considering that you are the only one that I know who have ever escaped that place alive.."

Yagi looked to the woman with a smile and nodded as he rose to an upright sitting position.

"You got yourself a deal."

The snow wolf walking towards Yagi's side, licking his face and glad that he was okay.

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 1:00 pm