Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!)

Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Rich- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Gold Flames of Amaterasu
    Position : None
    Guild : Saber Tooth
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: 2nd Gen. Venom Demon Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!) Empty Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!)

Post by Sarah Stone 17th November 2019, 1:44 am

Name: Sarah Stone

HP: 600/600

MP: 400/400

Job Link: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t19286-action-figures

Toylaten was somewhere that Sarah had never been before. However, given the name of the place, she thought they might have some of those figures that Victoria seemed to like. Although the two had taken the job together, Sarah took measures to ensure that she would arrive first, so that she could do a bit of gift shopping. Oddly enough, when she arrived in the town, the place almost seemed to be deserted. Not only that, but the town itself seemed rather small, lilliputian even.

Sarah couldn't possibly do any shopping with the town in this condition. A quick surveying of her surroundings alerted her that all was not quite right. "Um...excuse me..." Things were not right at all. This was not the Toylaten that she had seen brochures of.

"Excuse me...miss?" Furthermore, the deserted appearance of the place seemed rather problematic. "Hey! Shit for brains! Down here!"

That one happened to get Sarah's attention, causing her to look down. When she found the one who was speaking to her, she was almost taken aback by their toy-like appearance. "Um...yeah...hi." "Don't you 'hi' me! You need to do something about this!"

"Well, perhaps if I had some more information, I could get started." She felt a little silly talking to a toy, but stranger things had happened, so she wasn't exactly in denial of the possibility. "Right, from the top then. There's a couple of kids running around turning everything and everyone into toys. I hear they even melted a few people from some of the guilds."

That particular piece of information did not go ignored. However, Sarah did her best to keep her cool as she continued to listen. "They need to be stopped before this goes too far." "Might help if I knew where to find them."

"That's just it. You don't find them. They find you, and by the looks of things, they already have." "I'm not sure that I follow." Sarah turned around to check her surroundings, and came face to face with two small boys wearing some very nice looking amulets.

"Yay! We have a new friend!" Before Sarah could blink, a brilliant light slammed into her from the amulets in question. When next she opened her eyes, the two seemed to be towering above her. "Let's play!" They exclaimed as they placed a box in front of Sarah.

She could hear snarling and growling noises from inside, and was beginning to wonder what exactly had happened to her until she caught a glimpse of her right hand, which seemed to be locked into a fist. "Well, that's different." At just that moment, the box opened, and several objects that looked like wolves poured out of it. "And that's actually somewhat distressing. But, I guess I shouldn't get too worked up."

She rushed forward, and punched one of them in the snout. It quickly crumpled, and the rest didn't take much more to put down. "Alright, what's next? You might not know this, but I do train quite regularly at the arena in Talonia." She proclaimed quite boastfully, wondering what else the children might have had in store for her.

Word Count: 525

Personal Word Count: 525/3,500

Total Word Count: 525/7,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!) >
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 5,482,708

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Merces Letifer
    Second Skill: Combat Medic
    Third Skill:

Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!) Empty Re: Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!)

Post by Victoria Sheridan 18th November 2019, 2:07 pm

-Toygalen, early afternoon-

Wearing her Azure Armor over her white Steel Matron t-shirt and a black skirt with black bike shorts on underneath, Victoria entered the place known as Toylaten, which was home to numerous businesses dedicated to producing toys and selling toys. Toylaten was a small place, but it compensated for being small by being clean and appealing to visitors. The main street looked like it had been recently swept and cleaned; all the windows looked like they had been washed and all of the trash cans were empty. There was not a single piece of trash littering the streets or the side alleys... the place looked more like a giant model town than a place people actually lived in.

She walked past row upon row of toy stores that mingled freely with restaurants, flower shops, day care centers, and other businesses necessary for modern life. As she walked the brunette noticed that the toy stores were not just generic stores, but rather that they specialized in selling various types of toys. Millicent's Doll House sold all manner of dolls for children while Joseph's Field Headquarters sold toys of a military bent; in addition to military action figures there were bright and bold displays of vehicles like jets, aircraft carriers, Armored Personnel Carriers, and even Main Battle Tanks for the action figures sold within.

Victoria should have deduced that toys were a vital part of the economy from the name of the place, but no one ever accused her of being a Rhodes Scholar. She was accused of having questionable parentage, of being a mistake made by her parents, and of other numerous misdeeds, but no one had ever accused her of being smart. Oh well. That was beside the point... she needed to find Sarah and learn about what it was that had brought the Sabertooth mages to this place.

While walking down the street she noticed something about the town other than its dedication to creating toys.

It was completely empty.

No customers in any of the restaurants or toy stores. No pedestrians wandering the streets. Not even a stray dog or cat running around the streets. It was early afternoon and the place should have been busy, but there was no one moving around. The lack of activity was more than a little strange.

Victoria kept walking until she saw a flash of red hair and felt a magic signature. Almost as soon as she saw the flash it vanished without a trace. Victoria was reasonably sure it was Sarah, so she went to investigate where the latter was last standing and instead came across two identically dressed twin boys wearing amulets and standing behind a box. The brunette felt there was something off about them, but it was too late to run.

"Yay! Another one!" The boy on the left said before the amulets glowed blue and the Sabertooth mage shrunk down to the size of a toy. The shrunken brunette was then grabbed and placed inside the box, which was home to growling noises and the sounds of combat. Somehow she got the feeling that this was not going to be fun... at least for her. She heard the sound of giggling as she was lowered into the box.

-Inside the box-

Victoria found herself standing inside the box just behind a red-headed figure with clenched fists. In contrast Victoria's hands were open just enough to allow her to use weapons, which was a good thing. She would need every weapon in her arsenal to get out of this tiny toy hell.

"Hey Sarah! It's a small world after all, huh?" Victoria greeted Sarah before snarking about their situation.

[Post Word Count: 628]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 628/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 1,153/7,000]
    Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Main Account- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Rich- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!) Empty Re: Stop Toying With Us! (Action Figures!)

Post by Sarah Stone 3rd December 2019, 9:09 pm

HP: 600/600

"Great, they got you too. Well, not like we have much choice but to fight at this point." A sigh escaped Sarah's lips, which while not moving, did not stop her from talking. It was as if they were sealed closed. "Well, I have to be honest, I was kinda hoping you wouldn't show up once I got turned into a toy."

"Not that I have any problem with you being here, I just didn't want you to see me like this." Sarah was still having some trouble keeping her head clear after their last job together. What the two had gone through together that day was kind of embarrassing for both of them, but at the same time, there were things Sarah didn't exactly want to forget. "I am glad to see you again, though. Still, it would be nice if we could go out sometime without it turning into a job, or without being the victims of someone else's abuse of their magic."

She had made a bit of a slip, without meaning to. Still, it wasn't completely unintentional. She had meant to actually ask Victoria out, she just hadn't had a good opportunity to do so as of yet. "So, how have you been since the mall?" Sarah had been able to move past the more embarrassing aspects of their visit to said location, but she still felt that having a talk with Victoria about it would help them to move forward. Jen rushed forward to fight off the second pack of wolves as best as she could.

She could still use her magic, but her mouth wouldn't move, which meant that she couldn't ingest anything. This would be a problem if things got too rough. "So, how have things been going for you? I've....dammit, I did not see myself getting turned into a toy when I took this job. I mean, how am I supposed to fight effectively like this?"

It was rather confusing for her to be stuck in this plastic body. Her range of motion was somewhat limited, and she couldn't use her magic properly, which meant that they she wouldn't last very long in a prolonged battle. "I'mma level with you. In this state, I can't take magic in. So I'll mostly be using my fists to settle things until we figure out a way out of this."

"I just hope that that doesn't disappoint you too much." She would have been smiling, if she could smile, but with her head being a single fixed object, she couldn't even do as much as blink. "Bright side, we should be just a little more resilient this way. Downside, limited range of motion, and our mouths don't seem to move. So, how do you want to handle this? I can keep punching stuff, but I'd like your input here as well."

Sarah was someone who knew the finer points of pugilism, and that could serve her well in a situation like this. However, she also knew that she wouldn't be able to do everything.

Word Count: 509

Personal Word Count: 1,034/3,500

Total Word Count: 1,662/7,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 4th December 2019, 5:04 pm

"I didn't know what the Hell was going on until it was too late. I was walking around Toyville when I thought I saw your hair. You vanished and I went looking for you but found Creepy-Dee and Creepy-Dum, who turned me into a toy before I could even blink. Things can only get better from here." Victoria groused to Sarah about the circumstances that led to them meeting in a toybox. Weird stuff happened to the brunette more often than she cared to admit. First she accidentally ran into a mob princess and started an unwanted vendetta that was not settled until the princess' family had to flee Fiore after the brunette took down the crime family that gave the princess her swagger. Then there was that Night of Eternal Darkness incident in Sakuramori with the pumpkin beasts during Sakuramori's horror movie festival. Recently she encountered a panty thief who stole her clothes in the middle of Capital Crocus' bright and shiny mall in broad daylight... twice.

Ugh.

Victoria wanted to forget about the panty thief, especially the second case when the pushy woman in the underwear shop tried to sell her push-up bras before everything went downhill. The brunette was sensitive about that issue and was resentful of it being brought up in public. However, Sarah was polite enough to be sensitive about Victoria's chest, especially since the redhead did not have that problem. That was where the pair started to talk and learned that they had quite a bit in common, namely an affinity for fighting. Sarah liked to do hers in the arena while Victoria traveled Earthland dealing her own brand of justice to the kinds of cretins the authorities just could not handle on their own, like mutant reptiles and their creators.

"At this point I'm used to the weird stuff, Sarah. If we go shopping there's... well, people trying to steal our clothes. If we go to a music concert there'll probably be some nutcase playing mind control music... except that time I went with the Fairy Tail mage, that squid guy who was really cool. If we go to drink... who knows what will happen, even without the alcohol. The point is that weird stuff is part of the mage's trade... along with fighting, drinking, the occasional date, and more fighting." Victoria offered her perspective on the odd adventures she had been on. The brunette had been around the block a few times as a member of Black Rose and of Sabertooth. Sarah seemed to still be learning how the world of magic worked, but she was a swift learner who had common sense and knew how to fight. Sarah would go far in the magic world. Speaking of magic, Sarah asked the brunette if the latter could still use her magic in toy form.

"Uh, let's see. Lemme try bringing out a weapon. Maybe my action figure hands can let me at least hold one." Victoria said to her guildmate while bringing out her Light Machine Gun. The weapon formed and landed in her hand, fitting just right. However, accurate firing might be an issue due to the recoil involved in firing on full-auto.

"I've got good news and bad news, Sarah. The good news... I can hold a weapon. The bad news... I can't hold it with both hands, so I might be able to hit the side of a barn if I was standing inside the barn when I fired this thing." Victoria summed up her magic to Sarah. Maybe Victoria should try bringing in her Submachine Gun. It lacked the sustained firepower and raw action movie machismo of a Light Machine Gun, but the Submachine Gun could be fired one-handed with reasonable accuracy.

[Post Word Count: 653]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 1,281/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 2,315/7,000]
    Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sarah Stone 8th December 2019, 12:18 am

HP: 560/600

"Right then, might as well put on a good show. Let's give 'em something worth watching." Sarah could hear something strange coming from the next box. When it was pulled away it appeared the toys within were human in form, but they were bigger than Sarah and Victoria. More importantly they each held two weapons, both blades and guns.

Sarah smirked as she rushed forward. This would be a good test of her abilities. "I'll take the five on the right, if you want the five on the left." Moving off towards the right, she punched the first of her five designated opponents as hard as she could. Her fists could deal a little more damage than most of her rank, due to her slayer magics.

Unfortunately, in toy form, she could neither recover mana nor activate force by way of eating spells, or anything else, due to the fact that the form itself had sealed her mouth shut, so she decided to save her magic for a more dire situation. It took a good number of solid hits to take the first enemy down, which alerted her that this would be no cake walk. "Well, you certainly are resilient, but so are we." The other four all had their guns trained on her, and she could only avoid their fire for so long. She had to think, and think quickly. Her best bet would likely be to make them waste ammunition, if these were normal opponents.

Unfortunately, because their weapons were toys, they didn't exactly need to reload, so she would have to get creative. As she did her best to avoid getting shot, one of their rounds whizzed past her head, and damaged her hair. She wouldn't have felt it as much in her normal form, but since even her hair had been turned to plastic, it made her spin around a bit. "....you...." She seethed with anger as a dark aura began to envelop her, and her hair changed from red to pink. Two small panels opened in her head, as her red horns popped out, and her entire demeanor seemed to change.

"YOU MONSTERS!!" She dashed forward a bit faster this time as she seemed to had given up her previous strategic approach. This was, however a falsehood. Strategy was the better part of the ruthlessness she had planned. She punched them each in turn, squarely in their jaws as she dashed past. Two of them had ended up shooting one another in an attempt to hit her, and that had caused them to fight among themselves.

After watching this event, she sighed in mild frustration. Three left, and she apparently needed to have someone fix her hair when they got back. "Hope you three didn't forget about me." She launched towards them once more, using the nearest one as cover while she pummeled it. The other two seemed a bit surprised by this turn of events, which Sarah used to her advantage as she beat the tar out of them. She was still upset, and would use that against whatever came next.

Word Count: 517

Personal Word Count: 1,551/3,500

Total Word Count: 2,832/7,000

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 9th December 2019, 7:19 pm

Victoria struggled to come to grips with the toy version of herself. Her left hand was open but held back and thus unable to grip the Light Machine Gun and her Light Machine Gun was comically oversized; it was about as long as her new form was tall. While she tried to figure out how to aim the weapon one-handed she watched her red-haired guildmate go into action against a newly deployed quartet of toy pirates armed with rifles and swords and beat them all handily after getting part of her immaculate red hair shot off. The brunette needed to remember to never mess with Sarah's hair in any way, not even jokingly. The Sabertooth mages had a few moments of peace before another toy box was set down and another quartet of toy pirates were sent after them.

"OK, I've got these clowns." Victoria confidently asserted, trying to move her legs so that she would be well away from Sarah's hair when the toy lead started to fly. After half a minute of awkward hopping she was in front and to the right of Sarah and was safe from the redhead's wrath. Victoria aimed her weapon with one hand the best she could and squeezed the trigger for a Five-Round Burst once it was roughly aligned with the pirate to the far right. The toy lead flew as her weapon chattered in a sound that was vastly different from its normal firing sound.

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW!

Victoria cringed so hard at the new firing sound that she almost got whiplash from it. Why did her weapon sound like a toy laser weapon? This was not how Light Machine Guns were supposed to sound! At least it hit the pirate and knocked him down with a drawn-out "ARRRGH!" as he spun around and fell to the plastic ground, his pistol firing one last shot into the air. The remaining three began firing at Victoria, who was having a hard time adjusting her aim onto the next pirate.

"UGH, C'MON ALREADY! AIM, DAMMIT!" Victoria raged at the minuscule flexibility of her toy form and the sheer ridiculousness of how her weapon sounded. What was next, a rocket launcher that made goat noises when she fired it? The brunette clenched her tiny plastic teeth and finally brought the weapon to bear on the pirate, who hopped out of the way and laughed at her.

"You've gotta be shitting me!" Victoria snapped as she hopped to the left to aim again. Again the pirate in question hopped just out of her line of fire. The brunette grew more and more pissed by the second. She tried to aim again under a hail of bullets and aligned the weapon, then fired a Five-Round Burst.

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW!

The pirate who had mocked her fell down in defeat but moments later she was winged by a toy bullet to the left side that her Azure Armor caught. The royally pissed brunette swore under her breath as she wobbled until she could aim at the offender, then fired on full auto while hopping to keep her aim adjusted. After a long and annoying burst of PEWPEWPEW noises on repeat she downed the remaining pirates.

"How do you like me now, assholes?!" Victoria angrily shouted at them. She would give them the middle finger if she could, but her left hand could not bend at all. Oh well. At least those really annoying pirates were gone.

[Post Word Count: 576]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 1,857/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 3,408/7,000]
    Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sarah Stone 10th December 2019, 12:41 am

Sarah was infuriated that someone would think to toy with her in such a way. More than that, she was upset by the damage that had befallen the hair she worked so hard to maintain between jobs, and the arena. She had to calm herself, and she knew that, but not before she got to those kids, and taught them that even in her toy form, she could do some damage. She couldn't transform like she could in her human form, but that was one secret that she didn't want Victoria to know about just yet. There was no way to tell how she might react if she were to discover that Sarah were infected with lycanthropy.

But, since they still had plenty of daylight left, Sarah didn't think that something like that would come up any time soon. "Aww...you broke our toys! Now you have to pay!" Before Sarah could blink, a plastic sword dropped down from above, landing on it's edge right next to her. It temporarily separated her from Victoria.

She had to calm herself, remind herself that her opponents were only children. It would take some time to beat the both of them, and she couldn't use her more damaging spells. "Really, it's kind of funny to think that we could be captured by two children. But then, there is the matter of us being mistreated. I wonder if they would treat their mother this way."

She laughed at them, as a means of drawing their attention. She might not be able to use her slayer magic on their bodies, but she could at least make their weapons unusable. "Vic, I understand that you are stronger than I am, but there are precautions that can't be taken in these forms, which restrict me from using some of my spells. You see, I have several attacks that could debilitate these kids right now, but they also affect my allies, and I can't make an antidote for my venom if I can't draw my own blood. So, looks like I'll have to use some different tactics this time around."

"I'm going to see what I can do about those trinkets that they're swinging around." She backed up to roughly the edge of their attack range, and when next one of their blades slammed down, she climbed onto it, and made her way down to the hilt, before she placed her hands on the fake blade, and ethereal glowing green claws dug into it. In a matter of seconds, a connecting strip of the toy had completely dissolved, and Sarah somehow found her way back to the table. "Well, that worked on one of them. What are the odds that it might work again?"

She wanted to get this job over with as soon as possible, as well as complain very strongly to whoever had sent them on it. "So, thoughts? How do you think we should keep tackling this, Vic?" She had looked up to Victoria ever since the mall incident, and valued her advice.

Word Count: 507

Personal Word Count: 2,058/3500

Total Word Count: 3,915/7,000

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 12th December 2019, 10:04 pm

Victoria was exulting in her triumph over those obnoxious toy pirates with their toy pirate accessories and ratty pirate clothing and bad pirate grammar when a high-pitched voice from above vowed to make her and Sarah pay for breaking their toys. The brunette frowned. She had been so wrapped up in defeating the pirate toys and fuming about the state of her favorite weapon that she forgotten about Creepy-Dee and Creepy-Dum and the fact that they had orchestrated this whole fiasco with those magic amulets of theirs. The fact that they were children meant that she would have to pull her punches and use less-than-lethal weaponry on them. The brunette calmed down enough to listen to Sarah explain that she too would have to pull her punches because some of her techniques could be lethal.

Sarah also asked for advice on how to proceed in dealing with the children. Since neither of them even countenanced the idea of killing them, they would have to take a different approach.

"Truth be told, I'm gonna have to change my tactics too. This weapon isn't meant for non-lethal warfare." Victoria admitted to Sarah, shaking her comically oversized Light Machine Gun for emphasis. To match deeds to words Victoria exerted great effort to dispel her weapon and bring in her Tranquilizer Rifle. To her immense displeasure the red rifle was now hot pink. HOT PINK. Why was her best non-lethal weapon hot pink?

Would it shoot a cloud of sparkles whenever she fired it?

Would it have a tracer element that left a rainbow behind each shot?

Victoria sighed. At least the rifle was not all coated in glitter or rhinestones. That small mercy had been afforded to her.

"OK, I've changed to a weapon that won't kill them because it's got this super-fancy smart chip that regulates dosages to avoid accidental overdoses of sedative. They'll just feel really drowsy when each shot hits, but I doubt it'll be that simple." Victoria informed Sarah that she was now using something that would not kill the children, only make them drowsy. Now the real planning began. They had to figure out how to get to the point that Victoria could sedate them so that everyone went home alive.

"I don't know what they're planning, but we'll need to work together on this. My idea is to play keep-away and try to sedate them before they can come after us. They'll be loaded for bear, so we don't need to stay in one place too long. We need to find a terrain feature that we can take advantage of to slow them down so that we can avoid their strongest toys." Victoria went over the rudiments of her half-baked plan with Sarah.

[Post Word Count: 456]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 2,313/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 4,371/7,000]
    Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sarah Stone 15th December 2019, 9:56 pm

"Well, that's one idea, but what happens if they don't go down?" Sarah was trying her best to avoid getting hammered by the remaining plastic sword, as the one controlling it had come to the realization that they could affect a wider surface area by attacking with the flat side of the weapon than with it's edge. "I mean, from our perspective, they look a lot bigger than a toy bear would. Just saying, Bear might not be enough." She jumped onto the weapon and ran along it until she reached the hilt once more, dissolving the point of contact between it and the blade before making her way back to the table top.

The two children were now weaponless...temporarily. "Don't get me wrong, it seems like a good plan, and I don't want to hurt the kids, so maybe it's the right idea. I'm just more than a little worried about what happens if it doesn't work. We should have a backup option." She looked around for an area they could use for their purposes, and was having trouble finding one.

"Well, we're on a table right now. Not sure where we should go from here. I actually feel pretty confident about where we are. But, if you want, we can get down to ground level, and find things to hide behind, perhaps try to split them up a bit. Actually, I just had a thought."

"I can distract them while you load them up with tranquilizer. Just try your best not to hit me in the process." As she finished her sentence, Sarah vaulted off the table, and landed on one knee. Had she been flesh and bone, she would have been feeling a lot of pain from landing in such a manner. Once she got a good distance from the table, she started calling out to the twins.

"Hey, tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum! Bet you can't catch me!" She started running around them after this, in a circle, as a way of trying to keep their attention away from Victoria. She had built up a decent amount of stamina as a fighter in the Arena, and she wanted to at least give Victoria a decent amount of time to get the kids loaded up, so that they could get out of the situation that they were in at the time. The great thing about being a toy, of course, was that running didn't hurt like it would in her normal body.

There were a lot of chemical reactions that didn't occur in this form, but that didn't mean that Sarah was enjoying herself. She wanted to get back to being as she was before the job had started, so that she could try to ask Victoria out again. She believed that she might have been making a good impression, and she was definitely attracted to her guildmate. She just had trouble figuring out an appropriate way of expressing this while on the job, and she knew that this wasn't the time to think about such things as she did her best not to get hit by whatever they might attack her with.

Word Count: 524

Personal Word Count: 2,582

Total Word Count: 4,895

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 16th December 2019, 11:28 pm

"A backup plan?" Victoria asked Sarah. The brunette was lucky that she had come up with the plan that she did because she was not a very good thinker. Still, the redhead had raised a very good point in asserting the need for a backup plan in case the half-baked primary plan did not pan out. Victoria was busy trying to think of a good plan in a hurry when Sarah came up with one on the fly. It was a solid plan for one concocted on the fly.

The short version was that Sarah had volunteered to be a distraction while Victoria readied her Tranquilizer Rifle for the shots she hoped would put a non-lethal end to the fighting. She remembered the request to avoid hitting Sarah while she was shooting and kept it in mind as she waited for an opportunity to take aim at the twins. Sarah leapt off of the table and started to enact her plan to give Victoria a good shot at the target while avoiding the plastic sword that Creepy-Dee and Creepy-Dum still had at their disposal. If anyone could pull off such a daring maneuver, it was Sarah. She had the speed and the guts to try it, so the brunette would not stop her unless there was a very good reason to stop Sarah from doing so.

Victoria looked around for any kind of vantage point she could climb to get a better shot and spotted a generic green plastic house with a brick chimney that could do the job. It overlooked the area where Sarah had vaulted off of the table and the area where the twins were most likely to appear. The brunette awkwardly hurried to it and found a convenient plastic ladder lying next to a red doghouse and grabbed it, then hurriedly set it up and climbed it. Once she was on the roof she slowly and carefully made her way to the brick chimney and propped the Tranquilizer Rifle on it for slightly more stability in aiming. The brunette wished that it had come with a bipod like her Light Machine Gun, but she would find a way to manage without a bipod.

Victoria took a deep breath and waited for the twins to put in an appearance. With Sarah running around and taunting them they would not ignore the bait that the redhead had set out for them. She just hoped that Sarah would recognize if she had bitten off more than she could chew and pull back before she got hurt. The brunette did not know if she could cast healing magic in her toy form. She also did not know if healing magic would work on plastic.

Sarah would have to balance aggression with caution, but Victoria knew that Sarah would know when to back off. She hoped. It would be up to Victoria to do her part to make sure that both the Sabertooth mages and the twins got out of this fiasco alive. The brunette steadied her aim and waited. Waiting was all she could do at this point.

[Post Word Count: 518]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 2,831/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 5,413/7,000]

Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sarah Stone 5th January 2020, 1:04 pm

Sarah had been running around maintaining the attention of the twins as best as she could, and it was taking it's toll on her. She could feel some of her parts beginning to wear out a bit as she continued running, trying to get the kids into Victoria's sight. Unfortunately the two of them wouldn't hold still for very long. She had to come up with a way to keep them in one spot. That was when she remembered that she could work with more than poison.

"Alright kids, hold still for a bit, and I'll get you each a really big bag of candy when this is all over!" Sarah wasn't certain as to whether or not this tactic would work, but she had to remind herself that she was dealing with children. "Candy? We love candy!" The children seemed to stand still for a few moments.

"Oh, maybe we should show you a really good toy!" Before Sarah could respond, the two started taking plastic parts out of several toy chests, which seemed to magically snap together into the form of an adult sized robot that lifted the twins onto it's shoulders. "Uh...Vic?" Sarah was more than a little concerned with the sheer size of the mechanized toy. "I think that plan of mine might have just gone out the window."

She ran back to where she had seen Victoria go, in order to regroup, and try to plan around this new development. "So, a giant robot happened, any ideas as to what we should do about it? I mean, I could keep running around playing the distraction game, but I'm going to be honest, I don't know how much longer I can keep that up for. Eventually, I will probably get caught. On the other hand, now that there's something plastic, maybe I should go back to fighting and distract it that way?"

"I'm not really sure, myself. I just really don't want to get stepped on by that thing, since there's a good chance that I might get broken in an irreparable way, and that would be bad for me." She sounded a bit frantic, which given the rabid escalation of their circumstances probably wasn't without cause. She'd been turned into a toy before, but never quite so literally. "I mean, what do we do in a situation like this?"

"What do we do if we get stuck like this? I can't get stuck like this. I need to be able to do stuff besides fight toys all the time!" This particular job was something of a worst case scenario for Sarah. Her hair was in a state of disrepair, her movement had been significantly limited, and there wasn't much that she could do as a toy.

It was as if all her fears had suddenly been brought to life in this job. "We have to get out of here, get back to our normal life. I can't stay like this forever!" The sabertooth mage was having a nervous breakdown, and couldn't think of a way to take down the tyrannical toddlers.

Word Count: 516

Personal Word Count: 3,098/3,500

Total Word Count: 5,929/7,000

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 9th January 2020, 12:30 am

Victoria had finally gotten into a good firing position on top of a plastic house when Creepy-Dee and Creepy-Dum had decided to change things up by building a giant robot to fight with. The brunette frowned. She had wasted so much time trying to find a good place to fire her Tranqulizer Rifle from and the arrival of the giant robot had all but ruined her initial plan. Now Sarah had come to her looking for advice on what to do now. The brunette climbed down from her rooftop perch and went to Sarah's side to speak with her face-to-face instead of shouting from the rooftop.

"OK, that giant robot just changed everything. I'm thinking that we need to cripple it before we try to deal with the twins, but we've gotta be careful in how we cripple it. I say go for the legs." Victoria suggested to Sarah. Victoria had a Rocket Launcher that could fire Bunker Buster rounds. While they were made for piercing concrete bunkers and other fortified structures, the brunette reasoned that their anti-armor properties could enable them to punch through robot armor as well. However, now that the twins were riding on it, they would need to be careful because one bad shockwave could send them tumbling to a fatal fall.

"You don't need to run around as a distraction anymore, Sarah. I think my weapon will be distraction enough. Just don't stand directly behind me when I fire... otherwise you'll get burned from the backblast of rocket exhaust." Victoria offered, switching from her Tranquilizer Rifle to her Rocket Launcher. Thankfully the weapon retained its olive drab coloration instead of being repainted in some garish color like Day-Glo Orange. She still shuddered to think what alterations had been made to it to make it look more toy-like. Maybe the weapon's backblast was a cloud of glitter or it fired rockets with eyes and smiling shark jaws painted onto them.

Victoria noticed that Sarah was close to giving into despair and expressed her wish to escape this plastic life and resume normal human life. Victoria was right there with her. Being a toy with garishly painted toy weapons and only one hand with which to use them sucked. The brunette needed to find something inspiring to keep the redhead focused on the job at hand, but what could she possibly say?

"We'll get through this, Sarah. The big robot's just a big target and once we bring it down this will all be over." Victoria tried to comfort Sarah with some words of encouragement before the big fight with the robot. Going for the leg joints would be the best way to cripple it, but they needed to be careful not to knock the twins off the robot's shoulder. That was a complication that could not be avoided... the Sabertooth mages would just have to work around it until they could remove the twins from the robot without injury.

[Post Word Count: 493]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 3,324/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 6,422/7,000]
    Sarah Stone
    Sarah Stone

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Sarah Stone 9th January 2020, 7:42 am

"Right, right...You're right, we can still get through this. We just need to get past these kids and convince them that it's in their best interest to turn us back. I'll work on the legs. You just let me know when it's time to clear out." Sarah launched herself back into the fray, going for the legs of the mechanical menace. This was definitely a story for the books, but also one that she'd prefer not get told.

Sarah had been fine until she had thought about the possibility of being a toy forever, but she didn't have time to think about that. She and Victoria had to get out of this mess that they had stumbled into, and failure was most certainly not an option. "Hey, I'mma break your robot unless you come down here right now!" She took a commanding tone with the two children, conveying the seriousness of the situation. "We are here as representatives of the Sabertooth guild. Please, just change us back."

"There are others that need help, and it's our job to help them. Besides, I'm not really here to fight anyway. I was really just looking for a nice gift for my friend. Please, let us go back to our jobs, so that we can continue helping others." She was still trying to find a nonviolent option, even if there wasn't one, by appealing to the humanity of the children.

That had probably been their best course of action from the beginning, but Sarah hadn't thought of it until this point because she'd been in a rather frantic state of mind the entire time. "I mean, you don't want anyone to get hurt do you? Besides, there's still plenty of things we can do to have fun without being literal toys. And to be honest, there's a lot you can't do as a toy, like eating your favorite foods. Tell you what, you turn us back, and we'll come back to play with you when we get a chance, or at least I will."

Sarah hadn't tried this tactic before, so she couldn't tell right away as to whether or not it had worked, but when the children climbed down the back of the robot, she had a feeling that she had said said something right. The two seemed about ready to cry as the one picked Sarah up and placed her next to Victoria. "We don't want people to get hurt. We just wanted to have fun." A bright light shone from the amulet, and before Sarah knew it, she was back in her original form, albeit about half a pound lighter.

She could only hope that Victoria had been restored as well as she looked to her right and saw her right there. "Well, kids, It's good that you were kind enough to change us back. Now we can go and help others. But first, any chance you might know where I can find a gift for my friend?" The two children smiled as they reached into the toy box and handed Sarah and Victoria's toy bodies to them, To think that Sarah would have her own action figure, she was both amused and flattered. "Well, that's certainly something. I didn't think I lost that much hair, but I guess I did."

"Well, at least I can get my real hair fixed on the way home." She smiled as she patted the children on their heads. "So, Vic, drinks are on me when we get back. Just try not to break my budget, alright?" She started walking off towards the direction of Ace of Spades, as traveling by cart usually gave her motion sickness.

Word Count: 613

Personal Word Count: 3,711/3,500

Total Word Count: 7,035/7,000

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 9th January 2020, 11:13 pm

Once Victoria had brought out her Rocket Launcher she was prepared to use it if need be, but sometimes just holding a weapon was the most effective use for it. If the twins backed down without her actually having to fire it at their mechanical death machine, then it had served its purpose. Victoria took a kneeling position and aimed her weapon at its right leg, but as it turned out, the brunette did not have to fire a single rocket because Sarah managed to talk them down before it came to a fight. A minute or two later and she was back to normal size and had the use of both hands again. Dispelling the Rocket Launcher perched on her right shoulder, Victoria felt something small being placed in her left hand.

Victoria looked and found an action figure version of herself with a Light Machine Gun clutched in her right hand. The figure was detailed down to her hairstyle and clothing, something that she appreciated. Even the Azure Armor was faithfully recreated down to the last stitch.

The brunette pocketed the action figure and turned to face the twins, who Sarah had promised to come back and play with at some point in the future. Since the twins had only inconvenienced them and she had known what it was like to be without playmates, Victoria could not hold too much of a grudge against them. She would probably forget the most painful details of this whole episode when the pair got to a bar and started downing drinks.

"When she comes back to play, so will I." Victoria promised the twins. Unless there was other pressing business to take care of like finding her father or beating up slavers, Victoria would keep the promise to them. Once the pair had said their goodbyes to the twins and were on the way back home the brunette looked at Sarah, who had mentioned drinks.

"Don't worry, Sarah. I won't drink too much. Maybe a few shots of Albino Gander vodka. That and some tequila. If I run over what you can afford I'll pay the rest myself." Victoria promised Sarah that the latter's budget would not be too badly dented by the celebration of them returning to flesh-and-blood bodies after being stuck in plastic forms of themselves. Victoria was glad that deeply unpleasant experience was over. Now was the time to have some fun before sleeping off the alcohol and looking for another good-paying job or two once the hangover was gone.

[Post Word Count: 423]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 3,747/3,500]
    [Total Word Count: 7,458/7,000]

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 11:25 am