Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Paper knights: Day one

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 
    Lineage : Artifact Collector
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knight
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,200

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Time magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Paper knights: Day one Empty Paper knights: Day one

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 7:01 am

Words written: #517
    Total written: #517/1500
    Job 1 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Of all the things to have happen on her first day, Melody grumbled to herself for a moment while digging around the mess that was her room trying to find her uniforms. She had managed to get some help with locking the room so she would not wonder off in her sleep but it seemed her sleeping self was not very happy with that and trashed her room as a result. Grumbling to herself some more as she found the first part of the outfit and had some light in the darkness so far.

_____Moving a few more things out of the way before she found the rest of the outfit, or at the least one complete set and moved to get dressed while also making herself a on the go breakfast. Sure it might have been wiser to make a lunch and skip the toast of a breakfast, but Melody knew she could run to get something to eat in town and come back before anybody really noticed she was gone. Pulling out her Ilac to check the time before her skin turned pale, she was already running late.

_____Hopping on one foot as she fought the boot for the other foot and rushed out of her room down the hall. Once she got both boots on she was able to go full speed, and considering the situation she doubted using her magic was wrong and closed her eyes as she focused. Sighing before reopening them as she decided against the time magic knowing she would likely mess something up and have to spend a lot of time fixing up her mess again like the key for the old lady.

_____All the while running to the Headquarters Melody tried to think of what she could possibly say that might lessen some of her lecture for being late on the first day. Sure she knew telling the truth was best, and she planned to do such but maybe in a way that did not make her seem like a lazy person sine she overslept, had to find her uniform in a mess, and wanted to eat before bothering to check the time at all. Listening to it in her head she knew darn well it was still going to go down hard on her.

_____Rushing through the crowd of other Rune knights heading out of the building Melody's guilt only sunk deeper for being tardy. Not only was she seen by the other knights, but the superior had to wait for her or was now waiting to have a one on one with her. Taking a brief moment to catch her breath before entering the meeting spot she was told to go to and seeing her superior tapping their foot and looking at their watch.

"I'm so sorry Sargent Walter... I overslept... then i had to find my uniform... then I tried to get myself some breakfest before I noticed what time it was and tried to rush over here as soon as I could... and I really am sorry... any punishment you see fit..." - "Paperwork."
    Paper knights: Day One

Stats, Spells, notes:

Last edited by Melody S. Winter on 26th September 2019, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Maybe this time... I'll get things right..."
    Current missions: 1,2,3,4
    un-submitted | In-progress | Free slot
    3/4.5 Exp doubles | Golden Lac. 9/27/2020
    Profile | Magic 1 | Magic 2 | Magic 3 | Armory | Threads | Linage
    Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Paper knights: Day one Empty Re: Paper knights: Day one

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 7:30 am

Words written: #561
    Total written: #1078/1500
    Job 1 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Melody would spend a brief moment with her mouth open, she had more to say but it seemed Walter had already decided and the girl hardly believed what she heard. Since when was paperwork ever a punishment? Blinking a few times before she closed her mouth and decided she just had to be sure she heard correctly. Surely he was joking, right?

"Um Sergeant Walter... Did I hear correctly... that my punishment was... paperwork?" "I don't believe I stuttered private Winter. You get the last task nobody wants, paperwork with me and the others who showed up late, now come on."

_____Melody had to be dreaming, or maybe she messed up fixing the time line at some point and now what was once considered a blessing was punishment in this alternative time line she caused? Fumbling to keep up as her superior started to lead the way while she double and triple checked her time magic for any disruptions to find nothing at all. 'Maybe to people who joined Rune knights to make a difference paperwork is seen as a bad thing...' Her train of thought stopping dead in it's tracks as the door to the archive was opened and she understood a bit better... She must have died and gone to heaven.

_____The entire place was a eden, a perfect utopia untouched by sin. From wall to wall there was bookshelves, loose papers, record books, and unfinished reports and that was just what she could see from behind her superior. Moving under his arm to get a better view as her eyes widened with excitement and sparkled with joy and almost bringing her to tears. She wanted to be late every day, but thinking it over the superior did say it was the unwanted job so arriving early would still get her this luxury.

"We have to clean up, sort, record, finish all this..." "For real! This is AWESOME!"

_____Melody had no plans to shout the last bit of her sentence but her excitement got the better of her. Rushing over to the first pile as she sat down taking her time to read each thing and stack them into small piles around her before recalling what she had done. Blushing lightly as she looked to Walter who seemed speechless someone actually enjoyed sitting on their butt dealing with paperwork. 'Think Mel think... How to salvage this...' Slowing down just slightly while her eyes and hands still moved to keep working on sorting the area around her.

"Sorry... How are we sorting them, chronological, alphabetical, severity... Oh and do we need to have a list of people to call back to aid in finishing the undone reports... Oh and what should we do about things without names or dates on them? I was thinking maybe a 'lost' pile for the time being..."

_____Melody's eyes still glowed with excitement, her mind was shouting she just made things worse by saying what she had since this was SUPPOSED to be her punishment for being late. Sadly, she could not help herself as she finished the area she could reach while sitting down and moved the piles to a nearby desk before checking to look back at her superior who still seemed slightly stunned rubbing his eyes and watching her. The focus causing her to blush lightly as she adjusted her glasses.
    Paper knights: Day One

Stats, Spells, notes:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 8:25 am

Words written: #451
    Total written: #1529/1500
    Job 1 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    "Have I done something wrong...?"

_____Melody shrunk down a bit, a small part of her saying she was not told what to do yet and that is why she was in trouble. Another part of her was thinking she had organized a area they already had and was why she was in trouble. The rest of her mind was shouting not only was she late for her first day, she was getting in trouble WHILE already being punished for her actions. Was she going to be discharged on her first day?! Shrinking down more before Walter started chuckling.

"I've seen alot of recruits... but never one who rushes into paperwork like they do live action... You sure being a rune knight was the right choice for you?" "YES! Someone has to hold down the fort... keep track of all the records... sort the files... and make sure new recruits papers get where they need to go!"

_____Melody's eyes sparkled more as she rushed over to another pile of papers and began sorting them out as everyone else seemed to get back to work. To be honest Melody wanted to use her magic to help out more, if she just focused on her rewind spell she could restore the area to fully organized, then using her chrono-haste to double and triple check everything. Sadly though time magic was not exactly something one should flaunt as her parents informed her nor use carelessly.

_____So she was just left with the spells she could use without anyone exactly noticing as she darted around from pile to to making stacks based on where they would belong, then going back over each of her piles to make sure they would be stacked according to most recent at the bottom and oldest at top to help hint they should get that all sorted first. After-all, one needed their roots secure before they could cover the branches.

_____All the while running circles round most the others who seemed half asleep Melody would take any finished pile they had to add onto the general area where she would double and triple check before leaving them on a desk. Taking a moment to make a sign for each desk to help make it clear what was going where encase others there wanted to move more, but Melody was fine being the runner as it let her do more.

'At this rate it might take us all day and night to finish... Hopefully we can just stop mid way and resume another day... or else I might have to ask to leave to avoid blacking out here...' A quick thought before something seemed to catch Melody's eye slowing her down.
    Paper knight: Day One

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 2:30 pm

Words written: #514
    Total written: #514/1500
    Job 2 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Setting down the papers and going back to the odd book hidden beneath others to retrieve and give it a closer look. It looked a lot like a old rule book that had seen better days, and was fairly outdated to be honest. But is was more so seen as a collectible to her and with a smile on her face she rushed over to her superior officer and held the book in view.

"Can I keep this, it is one of the older versions of the magic council rules and regulations but I always had a think for restoring older things... Please... there is likely a copy around here somewhere and if I find it then this area won't be missing one! Please Sergeant Walter!" "If you manage to help us get all of this done, and find the copy you claim is here then I don't see why not. But if I double check with the higher ups and they say no I hope you know I will ask you to return it."

_____Eyes glowing with passion as she moved to set the book down for the moment and cracked her knuckles a bit. Sure she not even a few minutes ago decided NOT to go around using her time magic, but that was the very obvious time one, not chrono-haste that for the most part just makes her move around real fast and as long as she does not overlap herself with someone else nobody was going to be sent flying from the time cross... hopefully...

_____Exhaling slowly as her hair began to drift around, magic swirling just for a moment before everything returned to normal. One of the perks of her magic was how well it could facade as normal. Tapping her boot to the ground for a moment before she bolted at top speed to the next pile. Hands arcing rapidly as her eyes darted up and down papers reading them at faster rates as a bonus to bending time around herself to go faster then others.

_____Sure it had a glaring con that she was going to be very sleepy by the time she was done but at the same token she was doing this to add another old book to her restoration projects and one that could possibly help her learn some of the rules of old and compare them to modern. Taping a brief self moment to wonder how she could get her hands on a more recent copy of the rule book but maybe submitting a request form would help.

_____Finishing the very small moment with a shake of her head before finishing the pile and rushing them to the needed areas. Sure she also knew moving around as fast as she was currently was going to send some red flags to her superiors, mostly because it meant desk work could just be secondary and field might show up more in her future. Noting she would need to take a moment later to speak of her displeasure with fighting and hope it was understood.

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 3:33 pm

Words written: #486
    Total written: #1000/1500
    Job 2 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Moving back to work was however her main and only focus for the moment as she began to fill the shelves with record books, document folders, finished reports. She could easily notice some of those around her had stopped working to watch her bolting around, and others just seemed to think they did not need to help anymore so with a displeased frown she rushed over handing them a pile of paperwork.

"Could you please make appointments with these Rune knights, they missed a few sections in their reports and we should make sure they are finished before we pass them further up the chain of command. There is also some more on those two desk there... it seems Spec ops division is a tad behind so maybe we should ask some of them to come in and help next time or tomorrow when giving out daily task..."

_____Sure she was speaking to a sergeant and sort of tossing them work but Melody disliked free loaders and even if they stood over her if they both had the same job to do she considered them an equal until otherwise told so by someone higher up on the chain of command. Moving to the other group who had stopped to watch Melody pointed them over to another set of desk that had nothing on them, but looked worse for ware.

"We should take those to go get fixed or replaced, I'm sure if we showed the higher ups the state of the desk we could get them renewed and that would help us later on once this place is all up and running and not just a mess..."

_____Sensing how annoyed everyone was with her being the 'take charge' Melody choose to just go back to what she was doing. Sure it sucked they slacked off, sure it would take them longer to finish, but at the end of the day she could not do much more then give them options on how to help or things like such. Shrugging as she resumed restocking the shelves and took a moment to set down a copy of the old Magic councilmen rule book to her sergeant with a smile before rushing back to work on her other task.

_____As the bell tolled Melody tipped her head, not exactly sure what it was or why everyone was heading off towards the door. Seeing as her sergeant was heading out also she followed slightly behind tapping his shoulder. "Um... what was that? "Lunch... for those who do not bring it in, and can afford the cooking here anyways." "Oh, would I be able to keep working them?" "Up to you kid, only chance to eat before you go home for the night, less you plan to stay overnight also." "Oh no no... me and night are... on bad terms you could say... Plus I should be done before then.~"

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 4:08 pm

Words written: #519
    Total written: #1519/1500
    Job 2 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Waving farewell to everyone who seemed intent on wasting valuable daylight with food she had the room to herself and that meant she could go all out now. Taking a moment to roll her shoulders before she clapped her hands together and slowly pulled them apart forming a magic circle across most the room's floor and in her hands. Humming a calming tone to herself as she got ready for work.

"Might be the first time I have used this spell in a long time..."

_____Hands waving outward as her image began to split, multiple versions of herself pulling from the bridge point in time to converge on a singular timeline as all of them rushed around the room much like she was. Herself being stuck in place holding the timelines from falling over or onto themselves more then she could handle. Watching herself was honestly funny, the way sje got excited over some things, and just flat hyper over others.

_____She was happy nobody stayed in the area, mostly because that would have made keeping the timeline split that much harder and dropped her down to maybe only two or three copies of herself rather then the five she was holding with just slight issues here and there. But with five of herself doing things at the same speed she was solo the room was coming along far faster then she could have hoped. None of the timelines crossing each other so she did not have to reduce the number to prevent a time hole so added bonus.

_____With a few close calls, a near missed moment Melody had the room all sorted, cleaned, fixed, and nothing on the floor or out of place. Pulling the circle closed and thanking her other selves for the help just in the nick of time before hearing a whistle from behind her causing her to jump and spin around to see the source. Thankfully he was still coming down the hall so it ruled out him having seen her magic, but maybe he watched from afar and only now chose to approach. Hoping for the first was all she could do.

"So where are we going to organize next Sergeant Walter? Or was this all for today? Does not feel like much of a punishment if it was to be honest... Being late is still a serious offence in my book so if there is more please let me know..." "That was supposed to take us all week... and you do it during a lunch break..." "Not exactly we still have those desk to move, and those appointments to make since i don't exactly know how or where to do those things..."

_____Melody would step away from the door so Walter could enter and see where she was pointing. To the left corner of the room she had pushed most the bad desk, leaving notes on what they needed or if they could even really be salvaged. Then to the right where she had piles of papers that all had been unfinished reports or missing vital information that needed correction.

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 26th September 2019, 5:36 pm

Words written: #524
    Total written: #524/1500
    Job 3 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    "The person who made those desk lives near the edge of town, And getting there and back is beyond our work time hours so that will just have to wait until tomorrow. As far as appointments go you would have to bring those to each division's rep since that is far anyone not in any division yet can go." "Then I'll do just that to finish the day off! If i hurry i should finish all three spots before the day is over and have time to get home before the... erm... prefer the sun sets..."

_____Melody would rush over to the desk and do one final set of double and triple checks for each pile. Last thing she wanted was to bring up something that was not needed and wasted their time. Sure there would be a few such things since some of the papers dated back a while and likely the knight was either gone, did not remember, or such things along that line of thought. Sure it was not much she could do, but getting things in order was a hope she was going to cling to.

_____As the others began to return Melody was slightly happy Walter decided to take action and hand them each a stack of the papers and telling them last task was to run those to the respectful divisions. It was less work she had to do, and with a light yawn it was clear she was pushing herself a bit more then she should grabbing a double stack and heading towards the door. Stopping when Walter reached his arm out to take half and spoke up.

"I'll help, we also have a few things to talk about Private Winter..."

_____Sinking slightly as she simply nodded her head in agreement and followed slightly behind her superior. Either he saw her magic, or the lecture for being late was going to start. To be fair Melody was fine with the second option, but if ti was the first she worried what might happen as a result to her actions. Last thing she wanted was it to be used as some sort of blackmail and had already began thinking of ways to white lie the magic to be something else to avoid it.

"I know it is your first day, and you had been running late... but you can't push yourself like that... We, despite what it looked like are a team here. Each Private, recruit, sergeant of the undecided work together. Not to mention if you do that sort of thing it encourages slacking in others knowing you can do it for them. Do you understand what I'm saying?" "I do sir... But if I might speak in my defense... When it comes to paperwork... sorting... and the sort I hold no punches..."

_____Melody would look upwards as she spoke, mostly to look her superior in the eyes since he sort of towered over her by almost as much as another recruit she had met. The memory bringing her to blush a bit before rapidly shaking her head to get the idea out of her mind.

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 27th September 2019, 10:40 am

Words written: #536
    Total written: #1060/1500
    Job 3 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    "There is also the fact on could use such times to weed out those who do not belong. If you are not willing to carry your own weight outside combat you will get others killed..." "Seems you had it rough before coming here..." "No, I just read all sorts of stories and books... Not all of them have happy endings and if you look for them you find them rather easy back where I lived..."

______The first time Melody spoke she was cold and serious, then after her superior picked up on the flag she quickly switched gears to cover her own tracks. She did not want people to go easy on her because of her past, she was going to take on everything head first and deal with it her way. Moving to pick up the pace as her superior moved to match her speed with a light chuckle causing her to blush.

"I said I hold no punches... I want to get this all done before we leave so we can start tomorrow with a trip to get those desk fixed. Thinking back there are also some bookshelves in the back that could use a touch-up and repair." "Something tells me you are the sort who does not stop working even when you get home..." "Nope, I have to make myself diner, clean up the mess I made... Then sleep and start the day all over again." "All sleep no play keeps the boys away... Something I tell my daughter..."

_____Melody's face would turn pure red, she had no reason for it really. Well, outside the fact she liked boys and the comment seemed like a jab at her social life that was all of not existent. She had to many things on her plate to try and add friends or even a boyfriend to the mix. Shaking her head to remove the image from it again before picking up her pace again and leaving Walter trailing to keep up. She did not want him to see her face, but she had a feeling her could tell since he was laughing.

"I don't have time for that sort of thing... Right now I need to focus on getting myself back on my feet, then I have to worry about the people back at the village... After that I have to focus on climbing the ranks so I can make a greater difference... Then maybe settle down..."

______Melody was happy to have someone she could talk with, though his pokes at her seemed like any father would do and gave her the feeling he was most certainly a family man on and off work. Slowing down to let him keep up just barely, mostly to point out where they needed to turn at and when without missing the spot and having to backtrack a bit. It was calm after that up until they reached the front doors of the building and the others from their squad entered.

"Mind taking the stack, I know I offered to... "I was going to take the entire stack to them anyways sergeant. You make sure they fill the reports out properly or you get the paperwork next time.~"

Stats, Spells, notes:

Melody S. Winter
    Melody S. Winter

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Melody S. Winter 27th September 2019, 11:29 am

Words written: #441
    Total written: #1501/1500
    Job 3 of 4
    #368bc1 Melody's speech
    #6960ec Melody's thought
    _____Melody would not give her Superior time to counter her as she reached her stack of papers out so he could place the rest back onto it before she moved away from the approaching group. Sure it was wrong to not get to know the rest of the group she was part of but she also felt peace with that. If they worked in the field there was the chance they never came back and she could not bring herself to get to know people that risked such fates.

_____She lost family and friends before, and losing any more was not something she could handle in her current state as she rushed off to avoid getting pulled back into any sort of conversation. There was also the fact she was the only female of the squad and dealing with that many males was a recipe for disaster even if she was not exactly 'top of sorcerer magazine' material as she caught before getting out of ear shot.

_____It sort of stung that THAT was the conversation when they looked over at her, but not exactly unexpected as most males likely joined to pick up girls. Shrugging as she reached the first stop on her trip and used her boot to knock on the door, taking a moment to step back some while pulling part of the stack off so she was ready when the door opened after a moment. When another female opened the door Melody smiled and reached the stack of papers out to her to take.

"Appointment papers, some of the reports we had in the archives are unfinished and we would like to have the knights who took part in the reports come back to try and iron everything out. Once you have times and dates they will come in just bring them back to archives and I'll make sure it gets finished from there.~"

_____With a slight smile and a bow Melody moved to keep going on her delivery route. With one less part of the pile she was able to move around a bit faster and now was just following signs to get to the next area she needed to go to be honest. While she knew the basic layout from what Walter manage to tell her, it did not help much that the place was sort of a maze when first exploring it. Humming to herself as she followed the signs to the next branch of the current division since she had more for them and did not want to just easy way give it to one and have them sort it out later.

Stats, Spells, notes:

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 7:44 am