Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

❖ NIGHTTIME IN THE SEVENWOOD ❖ (B/Clementine)

Ling
    Ling

Player 
    Lineage : Eternal Warlord
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : ---
    Experience : 23,637

In Progress ❖ NIGHTTIME IN THE SEVENWOOD ❖ (B/Clementine)

Post by Ling 3rd August 2019, 10:08 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    It had been a few days since Fane arrived in Seven, and yet he was still surrounded in the thick groves deemed the Sevenwood. The blonde wanderer did not like to consider himself lost, but it might've appeared that way to anyone who crossed him. He would often stop to look at his surroundings, focus on a landmark, and then head that direction. He wandered with such purpose that even he convinced himself that he knew where he was going. As long as he headed East, he figured. As long as he headed East, he would eventually reach the territory boring Iceburg.

But Fane was not traveling alone. Sometime earlier, he had saved a whiny crow from vines entangling it. In a rather earnest expression of gratitude, it dedicated its entire life to accompanying him. This declaration shocked Fane at first, but him disliking being alone and especially enjoying birds, he had quickly welcomed the company.

It was beginning to get dark in Seven, now. You couldn't clearly see the sky when in the Sevenwood, as all of it was veiled in the groves of trees. You could only the light that poured through the vegetation from up above and the shadows it cast over the Sevenwood as a result. When nightfall was approaching, the Sevenwood would reasonably get darker but would become especially dark in the late hours. The trees seemed to refuse to let light in during daylight, making nightfall especially stygian.

It was only the early evening, but the Sevenwood was particularly dark. The croaking of toads and the rustle of nearby critters echoed throughout the forest, along with the crunching of leaves underneath Fane's feet as he scrambled in between roots and bushes to find a way through the darkness. He didn't have a lantern with him, and the crow that perched on his head was asleep. He felt hopelessly blind during this time of day, but never stopped to sleep. He felt that sleep would only deter him from reaching his destination as soon as possible, so he only slept when it was involuntary, and this was often sporadic.

Fane couldn't be bothered to dress himself appropriately ever since he awoke on Mt. Hakobe. He had only been dressed in a thin, shabby cloak that would fall apart and tear to shreds if anything scraped it. Needless to say, he wore little else underneath it and was practically naked. But, Seven being mildly warm or even hot, the trip didn't seem too unbearable, and he hadn't even considered what it would be like once he arrived in Iceburg. He wore no shoes and, as a result, had feet that were bruised and scratched, but hardened by its heavy usage. He looked like homeless flotsam if he were in a city. But in the Sevenwood, he was no more than an eerie wanderer.
    WHATEVER AM I TO DO WITHOUT MY MASTER?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Clementine
    Clementine

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 22,004

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chromatic Graffiti
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress Re: ❖ NIGHTTIME IN THE SEVENWOOD ❖ (B/Clementine)

Post by Clementine 6th August 2019, 1:16 pm

Normal:

Night Mode:

CLEMENTINE
    Clem
    Rising from the bottom.
    HP: 200/200
    MP: 200/200
    Job: Free Form
    Tagged: @Fane
    Mood: Yay!
    Muse Music: Magnets
    Word Count: 390/3,500
    Golden eyes peered from around the side of a tree at their target before quickly retreating back into hiding. The homeless-looking man had continued wandering through the trees for ages. It was becoming boring for Clementine. Such a person was hardly worthy prey, but still she found herself pursuing from a distance. Something about him was intriguing, but she had deduced that it wasn’t his hair or his clothes or the black bird on his shoulder. Perhaps it was the way his battered feet carried him with purpose, wandering to a destination where the path was unknown.

Clem peered around the side of the tree again, golden eyes glowing in the quickening darkness, then darted behind another. The painter was in her “night mode” where her skin was dark blue, hair was fluorescent magenta, and her eyes glowed a piercing gold. The mask across her mouth showed a mouth with fangs. Some splashes of paint could be seen here and there on her skin. This appearance was caused by using her magic and gave her the ability to see in the dark. Nighttime falling in the forest wasn’t an issue for her as it seemed to be for her target. Clem was glad she could see where she was going, as she felt quite out of place in the Sevenwood. The punk belonged in the streets of a city - any city. That was where she felt most at home. Out here in the wilderness, things were too unpredictable. Who knew what kind of creatures roamed through the trees?

Another peek left Clem exactly where she was before. This man wasn’t doing anything at all but walking! Her original plan was to rob him and make a hasty escape, but a chance never seemed to arise. Robbing him wasn’t even worth it anymore, he probably didn’t own anything valuable. Every time she thought to jump out, some stupid part of the forest held her back. Lichen, rocks, branches, frogs, the lot of it! All a huge pain in the ass. Ugh.

It was time. This chase was entirely boring. Clem stepped out from behind a tree and held up one of her spray paint cans as a weapon. “Hey!” she called to the man from across the clearing in the trees. “The hell you wanderin’ around this forest for, man?”
    Space for Notes!
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

❖ NIGHTTIME IN THE SEVENWOOD  ❖ (B/Clementine) 60657_s
    Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 7th August 2019, 2:22 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    "Bwaaaaha!!" the slumbering bird suddenly shot up in fright from the sudden intrusion of the stranger. Despite being covered in feathers, it looked as if the life had been sucked away from it. It's eyes were wide and its mouth hanging open in what some would call a brief terror. However, unlike his feathered friend, Fane didn't seem stirred at all. When the stranger had, somehow, halted him, he still wore his friendly smile that often made him look like a dunce.

Placidly, Fane turned around to look at the woman. His eyes were wide and unfazed, and although the weapon she threatened him with seemed harmless if not artistic, he decided not to move regardless. "Me? Wandering?" Fane pointed to himself as if he was unsure if the woman was talking to the right person. But as quickly as he questioned it, he hummed to himself and tapped his lip, looking up into the trees curiously. "Oh, yes, well, I suppose it would seem that way to you, wouldn't it?"

Meanwhile, the bird had appeared to gather its bearrings and cooed at the woman. "Another pickle-pee! Yes, yes! Another pickle-pee indeed! Yes, yes!" the crow accused.

Fane continued to smile blindly. "Ahh! So pickle-pees are humans to you. How interesting, hehe." the blonde blushed a bit. He didn't seem to register any sort of threat coming from the woman, which could make anyone feel that he was either crazy or just thick-headed. The chatter between the bird and the man continued for a few moments more before he finally nodded and dipped his head in greeting. "You are mistaken, miss. I'm not wandering, you see! I—I am trying to make my way home, and my journey has brought me here into the Sevenwood. A-Ah. . . is that what it's named? The Sevenwood, yes? I'd be awfully embarrassed if I got it wron—well, it doesn't matter anyway, does it? It isn't like I'll be traversing through it for much longer." Fane laughed innocently has he fumbled over his words as if it was his sporadic train of thought being verbalized.

"Does pickle-pee wanna come, too? Do they? Do they?" The bird cooed again.

Fane perked up and grinned. "Well, isn't that and interesting proposal? But the poor maiden is probably lost, is all. The same incident happened in those woods. . . the one in Fiore. Oh, I have not informed you on that, have I?" he looked over to the girl again after staring at the bird, "I'm afraid I cannot assist you in these hours, milady. It has been awfully draining just to traverse through these woods myself. . . but you're free to come along if you wish."

The blonde man and the crow were an grossly chatty pair who didn't seem perturbed by the woman's presence. So much so that they invited her into their company despite being ignorant to her situation. They did not move closer to her and would simply stare until she gave an answer. His blue eyes were wide with anticipation but with the fragility of glass, as if he could crack any moment.

Clementine
    Clementine

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow- Villain- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Experience : 22,004

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chromatic Graffiti
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Clementine 10th August 2019, 8:40 pm

CLEMENTINE
    Clem
    Rising from the bottom.
    HP: 200/200
    MP: 200/200
    Job: Free Form
    Tagged: Fane
    Mood: Yay!
    Muse Music: Nevada
    Word Count: 899/3,500
    Despite her sudden appearance and the crying out of the bird, the man before Clementine seemed unfazed. A friendly smile sat on his face, simple and unchanging. The woman’s eyes narrowed as she wondered how someone could be so peaceful when facing a stranger. Her instincts were to be cautious and untrusting, hence the paint can she held before her.

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure it’d look that way to anyone,” Clem replied, confusion lacing her voice. This person had been likely been walking for a long time before she encountered him, but for some reason it seemed he hadn’t registered that he was wandering. Was he just daft or truly stupid? The bird had recovered from its shock and spoke up, letting out a series of coos and croaks. Clem figured the animal was just making noise for the sake of making noise. Her eyebrows raised when the stranger seemed to understand the creature, mentioning something about humans being pickle-pees. “The fuck?” she muttered under her breath.

The two beings chattered back and forth briefly before the man turned back to her and explained that he was on a journey home. “I ain’t know what this place is called any more than you do,” she replied with a shrug. “Where exactly is it that you’re going?” Not that it was particularly important. This whole interaction was too odd for Clem. She was considering just getting the hell out of there so she didn’t have to continue talking to the weirdo.

Once more the bird let out an excited set of sounds. The man began to babble again, calling Clem a maiden and lost. It was like he thought she was some foolish, helpless little girl. “Man, you gotta learn how to clarify,” she grumbled to him. “I ain’t no maiden and I’m not lost like you seem to be.” Being blunt was not something Clem was afraid of even though the one before her seemed whimsical and gentle. The dopey smile on his face seemed permanent.

It was then a surprise when the invitation was given to accompany the two. The crow had obviously been the one to suggest it, but the man seemed to go along with it in a blind happiness. Clem gathered herself up to give a sharp decline, but paused. The hopeful look on their faces bore into her, striking right to her damned caring heart. The tough front she put up melted a little. Just what did she have to lose from saying yes? There was nothing better for her to do at the moment. She was already stuck under the dark canopy of the trees and was a little turned around, though she would never admit that. Plus, who knew what kind of things she could see and experience along the way. The woman lowered her spray paint can to her side and stared back at the two with lidded golden eyes. A sigh escaped her lips and she facepalmed gently. “I can’t believe I’m doin’ this,” Clem said to herself.

“Sure, why not?”
    Space for Notes!
    IVYLEAF33

❖ NIGHTTIME IN THE SEVENWOOD  ❖ (B/Clementine) 60657_s
    Ling
    Ling

Player 

Post by Ling 25th August 2019, 4:01 pm

THE WANDERING SORCERER
    According to the maiden, she was not at all lost! So perhaps her little paint can stunt earlier was a pleasant surprise more than an act of desperation and anxiety! Because, well, why would one try to weaponize paint like she did if she wasn't putting on some sort of stunt? It made perfect sense to Fane, at least.

There was a lot of chatter in between the maiden's questions, so most of them didn't get answered at the same time in which she asked them. Instead, a lot of it was filled with a back-and-forth between the crow and the blonde-haired man. It was only after their quiet bickering that both of the characters nodded in some sort of agreement, looking happily over to the maiden with apparent triumph.

"Very well, darling! This is what we both like to hear! There's nothing more pleasant than a beautiful maiden accompanying us during our travels! And rest assured now, there's nothing quite as wonderful as reaching your destination after a journey full of hardships—oh, but, not that our journey will most certainly bring any of that hogwash. We're just walking and prancing and all, after all." Fane chatted again, looking up to his feathered friend and nodding, "You know the Sevenwood, correct. Our journey will not be a difficult or treacherous one, now shall it?"

"No, no, pickle-pee! It will be the most safe! Little danger, indeed, indeed!" the crow reassured them.

Fane grinned and nodded over to the woman. "Did you catch that, milady? There's naught to fear in the Sevenwood. Not even the night. Not with our noble friend guiding us, that is. So why don't we all continue, yes? Come along now! Come on, come on!" the blonde man hurried them, never considering that nightfall was indeed approaching and with it, the realization of all of their weariness. Not even the crow could keep its eyes open for too long before nearly falling off of Fane's shoulder.

On the other hand, there was very little light and the difficulty in traversing the Sevenwood seemed to have increased twelvefold. Fane's feet were already bruised and scratched, but the welts became all the more apparent when stones on the ground would pierce them after blindly stepping on them. He ignored the pain, regardless.

Suddenly, Fane stopped, and not because of his missteps. It just occurred to him that he hardly answered any of her other questions! Dumbfounded, he abruptly twisted around to face the woman and fell to his knees, defeated, anguished.

"How boorish of me! I have not even given my name and here we are, now travel companions until fate tears us apart! How basic the etiquette, and for me to forget it?! How shameful! I shall atone right away!" he whined, standing up only to bow again, "Fane Howler, milady. My deepest apologies for forgetting something so terribly. . . expected of me. And this fellow right here is. . . is. . ." Fane raised himself and looked at his feathered friend, dumbfounded again as he struggled to recall its name. Suddenly, his apologetic, sheepish tones vanished, "—I don't suppose you ever introduced yourself either, my friend. Now have you?"

"No, no!" the nameless crow agreed.

Fane hummed thoughtfully. "Well that simply won't do, will it? What is your name, my friend?"

"I have no name, pickle-pee! No, no! I am but very nameless! Nameless! Nameless!" the nameless crow cooed.

The thinking Fane hummed again. "Well that simply won't do either! One cannot live without a name! It is most basic in our world!" he argued, shocked that such a thing could happen with a creature with such sentience! Even the dumbest of dogs were named.

"Pickle-pee! Pickle-pee! What is to be done, pickle-pee? What? What?" the nameless crow begged inquisitively.

Fane smiled from ear to ear, his hand slamming on his chest with a notable thump! "I will give you a name, of course! It is only the right thing to do! To be without a name as you have. . . it is unthinkable! Isn't that right, milady?—Oh, well, even milady here has a name, you see! She is not just milady! Do you understand? You do, don't you?" he urged the crow, who didn't seem to respond as he had hoped. It still seemed rather clueless about the concept. Regardless, with oozing excitement, Fane knelt down in front of the perchless crow and began speculating names for it.

"Last time I inspected, you were a girl, weren't you? A very pretty maiden, yourself, huh? How about Merla?"

"No! No!"

"Branwen?"

"No! No!"

"Bertram?"

"No, pickle-pee! No!"

"Gaagii?"

"No!! No!!"

"Rok? Rabaan? How about Pene? Pene's kind of cute. We haven't really used the P's, have we—"

"Pickle-pee!!"

It was at this point Fane sighed through his smile, although not visibly flustered about his options running thin, it was clear that his patience was just by his sigh. They continued listing off names, rejecting them, and then listing off more until one name seemed to render the nameless crow silent.

"Then what about Poko?" Fane finally suggested. The nameless crow stuttered nothing and pondered over the name for a moment, until finally, and with a distinctive coo, the nameless crow shouted.

"Pickle-pee, pickle-pee! I am Poko! Poko is I! Yes, yes!" Poko finally agreed to the name, squawking happily. But it seemed that Fane was equally overjoyed as his smile transformed into a grin.

"Ahaha! Well done, Poko! Well done! What a gorgeous name, and how it fits you so supremely as well! I might have outdone myself this time around, too!" Fane laughed. It wasn't until both of them was caught up in their laughter that he suddenly recalled that their introductions never quite finished.

Abruptly, Fane's laughter ceased as he sprung up from the ground and looked back to their travelling companion. "This here, as you might have noticed, is Poko! It's our pleasure to meet you, miss. . . miss. . ." Fane suddenly went quiet, smiling, "What should we call you, milady?" he asked in his usual friendly tones.

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 7:15 pm