Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tam's Night Out [Free Form Job]

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Shiva
    Experience : 106,180

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Completed Tam's Night Out [Free Form Job]

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 18th April 2019, 6:45 am

Job Details:

The clock had just struck midnight and the full moon shone brightly. The last remaining squad of rune knights was heading back to the barracks. The only ones left were the ones assigned to stay on guard for any late night reports. The clopping of wooden sandals echoed through the front halls. The pair of rune knights looked up from their papers and acknowledged the approaching hooded figure. The two of them saluted and the figure saluted back.

”Late night training again Tam?” inquired a gray haired Rune knight. The hooded figure loomed over the front desk, standing six feet tall. The figure removed the hood thus revealing the face of Artorias Ryuusei Tamlin. One of the Rune Knight recruits that had recently joined the sudden influx of recruited soldiers.

”Hahaha…You already know Jeffery” Tam replied with a big grin on his face as his body lazily formed quite a pathetic salute. The gray haired Rune Knight, Jeffery, sighed as he looked at Tam’s out fit. It was neat and clean. Tam’s whole uniform was ironed, Every button on his shirt was buttoned up(each buttoned correctly might I add). Aside from the wooden sandals, Tam was in complete uniform.

”Tam… why don’t you just train with the other Rune Knights in the morning? Everyone thinks you’re just lazing about. You LITTARLY do the same training regiment that you’re supposed to do anyway….on top of that you have your own training that you do as well right? So in the end of the day you’re doing more than they’re asking of you…” The other Rune knight chimed in. The one who spoke was a young woman in her thirties, beautiful dark caramel skin and hazel nut eyes.

”Ah… well… Tracy… I don’t feel comfortable joining everyone at the moment… I still feel l have a lot more to learn before I can fight and train along side all the other Rune Knights….I swear I’ll join everyone once I feel like I’, strong enough to keep up. Just please give me another week…. Don’t tell anyone…. Please? ” Tam let out a nervous chuckle as he gave them his signature puppy eyes. Jeremy and Tracy both sighed and nodded with agreement. Tracy then got up from her seat and unlocked the training area for Tam. It was true, Tam didn’t feel like he was good enough to work with the other Rune Knights. In fact every time he had to go on a job with another Rune Knight, as simple as it may be, Tam felt like he would be the one to hold back the team.

What was frustrating, no matter how hard Tam trained he couldn’t get over his fear of not being good enough. Tam was so afraid of letting them down, that he adopted this lazy uncaring persona. He embraced the nick name of the “most useless recruit”. Tam did all of this because he believed that if everyone thought he was useless no on would expect anything from him. If no one expected anything, then no one would be disappointed if he failed. Tam then spent the whole night training intensively. All the push ups, sit ups, and laps that the Rune Knights would do during training, Tam would do them all 100 times. By the end of the nights training Tam lay on the floor breathing heavily nearly throwing up from sheer exhaustion. His uniform was wrinkled and dirty from running around rolling in the dirt. Tam quickly washed it off using his water magic. He was clean and smelled decent but his clothes remained wrinkled. After waiting for a few minutes to recover, Tam hurried out of the training area. He thanked Jeremy and Tracy, the Two Rune knights on duty. Tam then jogged down the mountain all the way to the base where he had been living in his tent.

____________________________________________________________________________
    [698/500 words]

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 2:12 pm